Matoran Universe vs the Fire Nation (ATLA)

Alexander123

Right after the Matoran return to Metru Nui the Fire Nation homeland with all its forces is teleported off the coast of the Southern Continent. They seek to conquer all of the MU and will not align with any MU faction. The Fire Nation is at peak strength after the eclipse in season 3. How will this affect the situation in the MU? How does this change Teridaxs plans? How does the Order of Mata Nui respond?

Well, the Fire Nation are people who are like the Toa of Fire, and I believe that they would most likely lose. That’s because there are many other elements, like Water, Ice, and Air, that MU people have. Plus, there are a lot more MU people than the Fire Nation’s members.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

first the fire nation don't get very far. they only get powered up when the eclipse is ongoing. they lose it when the eclipse ends. and being transported to another world they would certainly  lose the power up from the eclipse. second the Fire nation is very industrious building a fleet of battle zeppelins from reverse engineering a hot air balloon along with their tanks and metal steam ships. though they will not have the tech advantage and will be at a disadvantage. A toa of water would wipe there ships out in much the same way the avatar did at the end of season 1. (though the fire nation wasn't very concerned about the loss of ships and still had enough to from a 24 hour constant blockade of their home islands. A toa of fire could send their fire back at them. though by that same measure fire benders would be able to bend any fire the Matoran Universe can throw at them.  it doesn't change much at all the Makuta and Order notice the new fleshy intruders and do nothing viewing them as little more than vermin. the fire nation gets annihilated by one or the other if they get far enough.  

Question: if the MU had an eclipse, would fire benders be double-weak because the MU technically has two suns/moons? 

That being said, I'm not even sure the fire nation could put a dent in Ta-Metru, let alone the MU as a whole. I think it would generally be difficult for human forces to do much damage in the MU - aging, general durability or lackthereof, need for food/water/sleep, presumably inferior armor, etc. Perhaps if the Fire Nation brings Sozin's comet with them? But there's just so much in the MU that could counter firebenders, and not just Toa. There are a few fire-based Rahi that either absorb or are immune to fire attacks. Zyglak have resistance (maybe immunity?) to elemental attacks, etc. etc. 

With how waterbenders can control water within a being and also their water powers extend to ice, I'd say the water tribe(s) may have a better shot. I think the Fire Nation's only hope would be to make allies in the MU. 

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

2 hours ago, Aderia said:

Question: if the MU had an eclipse, would fire benders be double-weak because the MU technically has two suns/moons? 

That being said, I'm not even sure the fire nation could put a dent in Ta-Metru, let alone the MU as a whole. I think it would generally be difficult for human forces to do much damage in the MU - aging, general durability or lackthereof, need for food/water/sleep, presumably inferior armor, etc. Perhaps if the Fire Nation brings Sozin's comet with them? But there's just so much in the MU that could counter firebenders, and not just Toa. There are a few fire-based Rahi that either absorb or are immune to fire attacks. Zyglak have resistance (maybe immunity?) to elemental attacks, etc. etc. 

With how waterbenders can control water within a being and also their water powers extend to ice, I'd say the water tribe(s) may have a better shot. I think the Fire Nation's only hope would be to make allies in the MU. 

I would think they would be weak anyway since aren't the suns artificial and not actual suns? I agree with the general assessment though. While the technological and industrial power of the  Fire nation is great they don't stand a chance. but I could see them successfully raiding some Matoran villages that aren't well protected for things they think they need. But lose to anything with proper defenses and beings that can control water to sink their fleet. 

I'd imagine that being inside a giant robot with miles of rock and metal between them and the real sun, the FN would be severely weakened. Unless, of course, they had been trained by the dragons the way Iroh, Aang, and Zuko were, and could tap into their more inner source of Fire. If that were the case, then maybe they would be able to take out a Matoran village or two. But consider their lack of familiarity with this world and it's inhabitants. Technologically, they would be outmatched. Biologically, they would be outmatched. Even if they caught the Matoran unawares, Matoran can be pretty hardy individuals. I suspect they might be forced to flee, but not many would be killed (almost none if they were Ta-, Vo- or Su-Matoran). By that time, if there were any nearby Toa, they would put up a fight and, due to their numbers, not be able to do much more than slow the Fire Nation down.

Now, if the Brotherhood got wind of this, then Teridax might be concerned for the safety of his future slave-labor force and order the Brotherhood to engage in combat. Just two or three Makuta alone with their powers of Magnetism, Gravity, and the like would destroy any vessels used by the FN. From there, a quick application of their vacuum power drains the FN of their breath, and then they could use their powers of Shadow/Darkness to cut off the light around the FN. Now with no access to air, heat, and light, the FN would be rendered powerless ,and if they hadn't died from suffocation, then they would be taken prisoner by the Makuta for experimentation and the rest would be killed.

Personally, I think the whole ordeal would end right there with the fact that they're cut off from the real sun and most firebenders didn't have the training received by the main characters I mentioned previously. No powers, no success. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~