How much do you miss HF?

Lenny7092

How much do you miss HF?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title asks, do any of you miss HF and how much? For me, well, despite that it’s in between Bionicle G1 and G2, I’d say 8 out of 10. It’s a very good original theme that introduced CCBS, and I wish it could have been a part of Bionicle G1’s universe if you want to know where we’re the Great Beings from G1. Plus, it needs some redemption. It’s been 10 years since HF was born, and 6 years since it ended prematurely.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Hero Factory was a very unique LEGO theme for a multitude or reasons. It had some of the most creative marketing ever attempted in a LEGO theme with things such as the Hero Factory FM podcast and Hero Recon Team. It introduced the CCBS, a building system that revolutionized Constraction lines forever, being the far more durable and versatile than the Bionicle G1 system ever was. On top of that, it had really fun sets and characters, the heroes, and especially the villains. 

Hero Factory was never intended to have a rich story or intriguing characters, it just wanted to be fun and enjoyable... and I think it totally achieved that. For all those people out there who hate Hero Factory for "not being as good as Bionicle", I think they should look at the theme from a different perspective. Take off your Bionicle nostalgia goggles and give Hero Factory a chance. 

I really miss the line, I really hope LEGO doesn't forget about it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It had a good run, so I don't miss it much. I thought the Breakout sets really perfected the character designs, to the point that nothing further was needed. And I never followed the story.

If they were to ever bring it back, or reutilize any of its ideas, I'd like to see more of the Invasion from Below sets. Those were probably my favorite.

I miss hero factory for pretty much only the reason that, for a few years, it was as close as I could come to Bionicle. Then Bionicle came back and, whilst I was never a huge fan of CCBS, took that building style to a logical extreme HF never really did. Early CCBS sets are outright terrible. Even the later sets usually pale in comparison to the Bionicle G2 sets. I'm more disappointed G2 didn't hang around for a while longer - at least long enough for us to get MOUP Makuta. 

Eh, a little bit. It had its run, which was obviously better than Bionicle G2, but at the same time there is something about it I do miss; probably the cleanliness in design and just the general aesthetic.

I also do feel sorry for Hero Factory, though. It got bashed throughout most, if not all of its active run just for having to fill in the spot of Bionicle; a bit like how Paul Roberts' was criticized for filling in the spot of lead vocalist for The Stranglers after Hugh Cornwell left the group in 1990.

• 1 month later...

HF was never as deep nor as epic as Bionicle, but it was good fun all around. However, ,as fun as 2011 and 2012 were, I got to say I miss the atmosphere of the 2010 year the most. Those early days had something post CCBS didn't have, I can't quite put my finger on it. I think the closest we went back to it was the Breakout year, that had some amazing toys and was the peak of the franchise. However, I was disappointed with the departure from fighting criminals and turned off by the designs of the sets -the jungle planet animals had cool designs, those monsters, not so much. And then there was the Attack from Below and I had no interest in buying it at all. I get they wanted to experiment, but no excuse in the world could justify not following on that villain factory premise, instead of replacing it with a brain factory out of nowhere. It's really sad it had to go down that way for its two last years.

I had a desperate need for a constraction last month, so I got Jet Rocka (the only set from Brain Attacks that interested me) for my birthday and it was a real sent back to those good old days of building and playing with them. That makes HF part of my childhood just as much as Bionicle does.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I boycotted HF back in 2010 as a loyal bionicle fan but over the years I got attached to it especially because of ordela of fire.

I owned almost every set from ordeal of fire

I owned all sets from savage planet

I owned all sets from breakout

From Brain attack and IFB I only owned few sets.

• 4 weeks later...