Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

>JK: Use your awesome abilities to break out of Leraku's mask power.whapakal.pngwhaptoonukoro.pngWell, you made it out... i guess he turned off his mask. Either ways, you're both down now....Hm, that sign says 'To ONU-KORO'. You probably ought to go in there.So, are you going to go down those stairs or what?

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

>JK: Become extremely protective of the Keyblade.keybladespace.pngWhat? Why would you do that? It's safe and sound in your HAMMERSPACE, so, why should it be that big of a deal? Besides. You can teleport the keyblade to you when you need it anyways - one of the perks of wielding one of these things.happenstairs.pngAs you enter the cave, the lineup doesn't surprise you. Leraku leading in, King Joe doing... well, whatever it is he's doing at this point, and you're just hanging back, waiting for something to happen. Besides, it's a good thing that mr. telekenesis-face is going in first, so he'll be the first one to run into anything dangerous. But, that can be good or bad - you're already itching for some more action.Should they encounter an enemy, or go on safely?

Sisen said:

That does tend to be the main advantage of a Keyblade. You have your telekinesis, King Joe has his... some undescribed super power that lets him do what ever he wants, and I have a weapon I can never loose.And... what the heck is King Joe doing? Oh well, doesn't matter.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

>LER: Wonder why you entered the castle in the first place.dramasword.png...Castle? That was Ta-Koro... And you have a very good reason. To delve into areas unknown, and to take a piece of adventure that usually, only Toa can sample. And for experiences...firstenemy.png...Like this.ENCOUNTERED TAHNOK!View matoran company statistics, or send someone out to attack before you even know what they can do?===========================Well, everyone, sorry for only getting three updates out today.I'll be honest - i was distracted. Plus, school got in the way. For awhile during the day, expect no comics - i should be back around 2-3 PM EST. I'll see if i can get one out in the morning. Either ways - please, keep the ACs coming! Don't forget to send one in if you haven't already! I'd rather not take the comic directly into my own hands, this is a CYOA after all.

Sisen said:

EPIC BATTLE TIME.And what on earth was King Joe doing?

It was a reference to a famous CYOA.>All: Observe company statisticscurrentpartystats.pngYou observe your current settings.Leraku======Primary Weapon: ProtoswordItems: Protosword, 'Knife'Powers: Blast Scope, Matoran of Plasma powersMask: Matatu [Telekenisis, known to be accessible]Combat Typing: MeleéCombat Typing explenation: Meleé typing gives the user an excelling ability in all sorts of close-range, hand-to-hand combat skills and generalities. In turn, the user is completely unable to use any sort of ranged weapon. Only ranged capabilities are powers.Justax-Kal=========Primary Weapon: KeybladeItems: KeybladePowers: Energy Manipulation [Absorb, reverse, reflect]Mask: Kualsi [Quick-Travel, unknown if accessible]Combat Typing: SpeedCombat Typing Explenation: Speed typing gives the user excess speed in battle, allowing for incredible prowess in attacks on the ground and able to land easy strikes in the air. In turn, attack power is slightly reduced and energy prowess is not focused primarily on defense.King Joe========Primary Weapon: NoneItems: ???Powers: Fire, UnrealismMask: Haukakama [Fused hau-kakama, limited shielding and super-speed]Combat Typing: EnergyCombat Typing Explenation: Focuses attack prowess on energy, removes close-range prowess, but improves defenseThese are your current statistic settings. What attacks should be used on Tahnok?========Whew! Managed to get one more quick comic up before i take my leave for the night. G'bye. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

>KJ: Fight fire with fire.hahahabadlythoughtoutplan.pngHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS ANOTHER REALLY BADLY THOUGHT OUT PLAN HAHAHAHAnevermindjustaxkal.png...Aw... Justax's stealin' all your thunder.Did you find anything after you defeated the bohrok?<< PAY ATTENTION TO THESE. THEY ARE IMPORTANT AND GIVE HINTS TOWARDS WHAT SORT OF THING MIGHT NEED TO HAPPEN NEXT.

Sisen said:

Just ninja'd Joe with my speed powers.Ahem: Sorry, what did you say? I was too busy dealing you a keyblade to the face!I don't care if that looked like an energy blast, that's still one point to my Ownage Meter.J-K out.

Technically, Bohrok are 'mechanical insects', meaning as 'machinery' they'd probably spark a bit if they were keyblade-stabbed through the torso. Look closely at your hand.

Sisen said:

Whew!We're back. For now, i guess - since MAJHOST IS BEING MEAN.For now, i'll use what i can work with! Here you go.>LER: Salvage the head, shields, and whatever else you can find from the Tahnok.iaza12777782257300.pngHrmph. Too late. Joe's always one step ahead of you guys when it comes to potential AWESOMEness.Speaking of which, he is particularly AWESOME at replicating bohrok screeches.He even goes through with the ripply-shockwave thing that bohrok do when they hurt your ears with a particularly loud screech!TAHNOK HEAD was added to King Joe's HAMMERSPACE.So, now what? Onu-koro or SIDEQUESTS?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

>LER: Wonder what the point of going to Onu-Koro was anyway. ONWARD TO SIDEQUESTS!iaza12777731246300.pngHm. You feel like you've gone over this before.Well, it's a cave. Caves mean there's stuff inside. Besides, it was really bright outside... *Coughblindingsunlightintoyoureyescough*Either ways, there's ADVENTURE down here!So, you guys are walking on, Joe doing his thing... Justax, well, deeply considering other uses for his keyblade, and you hangin' up there in front. Speaking of in front, there's a sign ahead of you, next to a doorway and a torch.The sign reads: LIGHTSTONE MINES OUT OF USE, LAVA FLOOD. EQUIPMENT IS STUCK ACROSS LAVA, MINING POSTPONED.Well, that doesn't look very good.(If i don't get any send-ins, i'll just have to find some time to sprite up a bunch of stuff myself.)

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

KJ: Use AWESOMENESS to surf lava and save the poor miners!whatwhywouldyoueven.pngWHAT. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT. YOU DO NOT WANT TO RISK YOUR AWESOME TAHNOK HEAD. Or yourself, for that matter! Besides, the workers are all over here, so that's not the problem! The problem is that the pump to keep the lava out is on the other side, and it's broken!Leraku looks like he's using his telekenisis on something, but, you haven't noticed yet.Ponder more about what to do, or see what Leraku is going to do?

Sisen said:

>KJ: Whatever you do, DON'T BE FLUNG WITH TELEKENISIS.nooooojoe.pngHAHAHA. YOU AREN'T BEING FLUNG -ohwaitholdonasecondhere...nooooooooooooooooooooooooThe Tahnok head is flung across the lava... hitting a control pad of nine buttons on the pump, which would ordinarily be an annoying puzzle...And the lava is pumped away.Aaaand now you can get across, to retrieve your Tahnokhead...and probably get some sort of AWESOME LOOT!Like, in that supplies trunk. Over there. Pfft, you just saved the lightstone mining, these guys owe you. You're deserve to take some stuff.Aquire epic lewtz?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

>KJ: Disregard "lewtz" and re-acquire beloved Tahnok head.dundadaduhhh.pngHooray! You have it back now.Pfft. Looks like those other guys got cool stuff...but too badyou got AWESOME STUFF.Leraku has recieved HANDYMAN's HAMMERSLOTs from equipment chestJustax-Kal has recieved ENERGYFLUX - POWERSET from equipment chestItem explanation: LerakuHANDYMAN'S HAMMERSLOTS allow the user to switch between items in their hammerspace at an alarming rate, allowing for interesting possibilities. It also comes with several items for use.Item explanation: Justax-KalENERGYFLUX is a powerset that allows the user to rebound incoming energy, kinetic or otherwise. It can also be used to cause energy to flow AROUND the user, never coming into contact with them.Item explanation: King Joe...It's the head of a deceased Tahnok. What else do you want?Oh! There were new TYPING slots in the trunk too!View newly available combat typings?

Sisen said:

Been reading these for a while, and I must say these are by far one of the best comic series to date. Not only are they funny, but you also allow for some audience interaction as well. The graphics are pretty astounding although some of the backgrounds are very plain and simple (Then again your probably exploring a poorly lit cave so who cares.), I like how you make the story seem like a (I think its called) RPG style. The characters are very well explained even though they're pgs's they seem very thought out. Like I've said before the comics are very good, and I look forward to more.-Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Sorry for the delay!sorryforthedelay.pngIt seems i've been hit with a flood of LACK OF MOTIVATION, and even the cast is all sunk.I've been having a lot going on lately, including me feeling really messed up - achy, fingers are all jittery... I thankfully managed to get this out. Thus, things are going to be slowed down for a little bit. However - I might be able to get my imagination geared up again if i have a little help from you guys. From now on, if you do see a new comic out, please, PLEASE do not feel afraid to just send me in a new AC! I haven't been getting many lately, and half of the time i've been forced to improvise to keep things going in an interesting direction... I would really, really appreciate some help with this. Please don't think of this as an 'x number of posts = new comic' sort of thing - This is different. This is a sort of thing where i'm trying to ha ve some input from my viewers, to keep this comic interesting instead of some sort of bland adventure CYOA. I cannot stress enough how much this comic depens on input from you guys - i'm just the artist, essentially, you guys are the writers. Aside from me making tweaks now and then to guide things as necessary, you are the ones who are deciding what happens.-Leraku

Sisen said:

Hmm, Wow. Graphics are mind-blowing, the humor is there, what else is there to say? ^^ It's just like a puzzle there you've completed and hard one too. GL with the CYOA and have fun with it. You'll wish you did. The Elements

Edited by The Elements

Nice new panel. That's a great underwater effect. I'm also still loving what you do with those eyes. It really adds a style to the sprites.I'll be sure to send in more ACs now too. Hope you feel better.Edit: YOU MADE THE FRONT PAGE!!! Way to go, man!J-K out.

Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

KJ: Steal Lightstoneswalkingtoonukoro.pngHahawehaw... Heeehhah... HAHAHAHAHAAHAAA-Yeah, it feels like you're doing something that you've already done before. Again..?Anyways, turns out Leraku found just a bunch of plain, old 'Balanced' typing slots in that trunk, so, he set all of you - including himself - back to a 'Balanced' combat typing. No serious advantages in anything, but fairly simple. At least he can use a ranged weapon or whatever now - if he HAD ONE.Hey, isn't that Onu-Koro up ahead?Finally finish the sidequest tunnel and make your way into Onu-Koro?EDIT: Yeah, it's hard to make these eyes like this while still looking good, so the special-eyes treatment may be sporadic.-----------------------------------------------------------------Okay, wow. Thanks for all of the help, you guys. I really appreciate all of the feedback and ACs, i really can't believe i made it onto the front page - and in fact, all of this new input and ACs are really giving me more options for making the story interesting! Given how all of my past series - yes, ALL OF THEM - completely went down the drain, most of them before they were even released, i am completely blown away by this. I had almost thought about not releasing this comic in the first place, but i'm glad i decided to give you all a good laugh. Anyways, quick update! And a notice - I SERIOUSLY NEED SOME HELP with the next few comics! If i can't make you a Lasting Cameo - you might be a good Simple Cameo! I need lots of background characters for the Koros and Wahis - and you can send in a SC request and specify for them to be a background character! Besides, you might even get some interaction. You never know with these guys. I ask this help of you all because i seriously don't have the time to sprite up dozens of random matoran. If you don't want to send in your actual character(s), you could still at least help out by sending in a spritesheet of some random backgrund matoran! I would REALLY appreciate this help!-Leraku

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

qandaintro.pngWell everyone, thank you for all of the outstanding input and ACs, i'm glad i get to interact with you so much. Anyways, since i've really not been feeling very well, i thought, hey, why not pause things and have a little thing with you guys! Send me a few sprites of your character(s), so they'll be able to visit! Thus, they'll be a sort of guest star - since there aren't really any actual guest stars, just cameos, this is a pretty good deal. However, this isn't all - the main purpose of this event is a Q&A EVENT. During this time, you can send in questions for some of the characters, and see what i think their response would be. Have fun!

Sisen said:

How do you use a Kanohi as a Matoran?whatswiththekanohi.pngAlso, it is still sort of 'lonely' back here - It's like no one else wants to visit.As an added bonus - if your character is present when you ask a question, from now on, your character will actually ask the question. This little time period of the QandA is going to be non-canon unless you want it to be, so, enjoy.EDIT: Okay, okay, it's a Haukakama. I can't change the image now, it's saved as .PNG and i don't want to go through the hassle of finding and editing the .xcf file. Plus, i called it a Kakama in the explanatory sense.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

I could get into an argument about how the Turaga can only use their masks because of latent of the Toa powers still residing within them, but that will just make this ridiculous. Willing suspension of disbelief will have to suffice. Or it's just the rules of this universe.Thanks anyway. *cough* cop out *cough* :PJ-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

I could get into an argument about how the Turaga can only use their masks because of latent of the Toa powers still residing within them, but that will just make this ridiculous. Willing suspension of disbelief will have to suffice. Or it's just the rules of this universe.Thanks anyway. *cough* cop out *cough* :PJ-K out.

Pffrt, hey. Don't forget, the reason the Mata-nui turaga are turaga to begin with is because they gave said toa power to these matoran, correct?Same power.*doop*

Sisen said: