Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

I could get into an argument about how the Turaga can only use their masks because of latent of the Toa powers still residing within them, but that will just make this ridiculous. Willing suspension of disbelief will have to suffice. Or it's just the rules of this universe.Thanks anyway. *cough* cop out *cough* :PJ-K out.

Pffrt, hey. Don't forget, the reason the Mata-nui turaga are turaga to begin with is because they gave said toa power to these matoran, correct?Same power.*doop*
The Toa used their power to crack open the spheres and wake the Matoran up. It didn't grant them all mini-super powers (The Matoran would have been a lot more adept for dealing with Rahi and Bohrak if that were true). Still, I like your answer because it makes more sense than just hand waving, and it and it is your story. So you win this round.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Been reading these comics for a while. Absolutely love them and normally check everyday for a new update. Probably my favorite series now... Anyway for your dedication to your comic making-ness and your epic comics I bestow upon you what you rightfully deserve...*Drum roll*A Sandwich!Let it help you on your adventures...~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Edit: Image is apparently messed up, basically it's just Leraku explaining that King Joe has a cellphone in his hammerspace. Question is 'I have found that through many studies, life is like a video game, and King Joe has the cheat codes'.Thanks for the question, Soran -as well as the sandwich! I am a little hungry, actually. I hope this answers your question!

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

It does indeed answer my question. Nice effects and background characters. The poses Justax and Joe use really help to define their characters more. I'm glad you have enjoyed the sammich.Hope to see more soon.~SoranPS:(Yay, I'm in a comic.)PS: Can a person ask 2 questions or commands in a row?

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

It does indeed answer my question. Nice effects and background characters. The poses Justax and Joe use really help to define their characters more. I'm glad you have enjoyed the sammich.Hope to see more soon.~SoranPS:(Yay, I'm in a comic.)PS: Can a person ask 2 questions or commands in a row?

Maybe, it depends on the question, and i'd suggest mixing it up a bit and asking other characters now and then.(Also, sorry about the fire's flare effect sort of blending into your arm.)

Sisen said:

Sheesh... I'm sorry guys - as in, sorry for the lack of comics! Life's been taking it's toll on me lately - though i am feeling better, i've been having a rough time with my relatives, and i'm sort of down in the dumps/busy lately. I'm going to have to put this on hiatus for a little while, and updates are probably going to be few, and sporadic. Thanks for the questions, and send-ins.-Ler

Sisen said:

Oh dear.Well, it seems my majhost is messed up right now - i tried to upload an image for this post, and suddenly all of the images stretched vertically in the main area - and i can't find some of my images. Well, anyways.Since i haven't exactly been doing comics lately, though i'm probably going to soon...I decided to do a little spriting, for kicks.Presenting: BETA-KU!iaza12777719184200.pngI doubt i'm going to continue working on this, as it would take forever to convert my entire spritesheet. If you want, feel free to try and contribute, though i'm not going to actually post the sheet. Just - i don't know, get this Chimoru-Kal base, and take colors and basis from this image. It's up to you, but, well, enjoy.

Sisen said:

Wow, it looks sweet. nice job. I like the new look, although the head in that style looks like you have a long a flowing beard and a tuff of hair on the top.Rest of it is pretty sweet. once again, nice job. And I'm also having problems with brickshelf/majhost too.nice work.~Soran

Okay, I'm torn. I failed on your party (blame King Joe and his cheat codes), and I can't resist this ridiculous challenge.The temptation is soooooooo strong, but I know it'll drive me crazy. Okay, I'm trying it. Personal project for this break: finish that sheet!J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Wow, it looks sweet. nice job. I like the new look, although the head in that style looks like you have a long a flowing beard and a tuff of hair on the top.Rest of it is pretty sweet. once again, nice job. And I'm also having problems with brickshelf/majhost too.nice work.~Soran

Thanks. However, the 'beard' as you call it is just a modification to the mask - In the real set, the Matatu has a slight 'extension' backwards at the bottom of the mask, and that's what i was replicating. I believe in the actual set that it sort of goes down into the mask's form at a diagonal angle, so that's why the coloring was set that way. Also, the 'tuft'? Just a stripe on the head, narrowing down in between the eyes. Sort of like Justax's.

Okay, I'm torn. I failed on your party (blame King Joe and his cheat codes), and I can't resist this ridiculous challenge.The temptation is soooooooo strong, but I know it'll drive me crazy. Okay, I'm trying it. Personal project for this break: finish that sheet!J-K out.

Heh. Good luck - you're probably not going to have time! I might get back up-and-going before you finish.

Sisen said:

Not Sure If you accept Fan art or not, but here is a little picture I made for the Comics.Dents, Dings, And Disasters Poster - FixedHope you like it. I added a few things because I was bored.(Unity, Duty, Destiny insignia on each character's hand. Showing their Unity and Teamwork, Their Duty to Explore, and their Destiny to prevail.)(Same Symbol in Background.)~Soran

Edited by Soran

Not Sure If you accept Fan art or not, but here is a little picture I made for the Comics.Dents Dings and Disasters PosterHope you like it. I added a few things because I was bored.(Unity, Duty, Destiny insignia on each character's hand. Showing their Unity and Teamwork, Their Duty to Explore, and their Destiny to prevail.)(Same Symbol in Background.)~Soran

Wow, thanks a ton - only a slight problem i've noticed. The mask is the wrong way around! Leraku's scope is on the other eye, heh.

Sisen said:

Awsome comics. I could camo. I look like takua, but ko-matoran colors.

Sorry, but i doubt i can stick you in - As said, i don't exactly have time to sprite people stuff up just so they can be in - If anything, it'd be better off if you made your character's sprites. As such, you know your character better than I do, and if I made it, i might mess it up somehow and cause something to spiral way out of hand. If you want me to put in the effort to include you in the comics, i'd at least like to know it's someone who i know is able to use the position - because if they really, really want to be in, they'd be responsible enough to it to make their own sprites. For instance, you're being sort of vague with your description. To be honest, it's a lot easier to do anything of the sort with a reference picture, or, well, an actual spritesheet. Just saying 'takua with ko colors' isn't exactly enough - there are an entire slew of colors for each elemental typing for characters, be they matoran, turaga, or toa. Lots of shades. Take Onu-matoran for example - They can range from purple, to orange, to black or gray. Or Le-matoran. All sorts of blues and greens, and a yellow now and then. If i make the sprites, well, i'd essentially feel like i was just making a random character, not someone else's character. It makes me feel responsible for this person's position to stick them in, and i work hard to think 'what would this character do?' according to that person's description. If i made almost everything about the character, it could spiral off way out of what you had in mind and make you upset somehow, and that'd be an unfortunate outcome. As such, i'm sorry, but i won't be accepting this request.(Also. Please. Request/suggest cameos in PM only, or i'll have to do longwinded responses like this that will clog up the topic. Thanks.)

Sisen said:

ohlookitsonukoro.pngYou have continued on and gaze in awe of the magnificent caves of Onu-Koro. An amazing sight that WILL PROBABLY BE NEVER EVER ACTUALLY LOOKED AT DIRECTLY.Oh, you just remembered. Melee weapons weren't the only things you found in the chest. You found a few... what're they called? GUNS? You're not sure if you trash them, but you suppose your 'conscience' could decide on whether to keep them, or dispose of them and never use any semblance of them ever again.Act as the company's conscience?---------Well, there we go. DDD is unofficially going to be starting up for a little while now. So, updates will still be sporadic. Q&A questions are... well, different. As before, you can have a character 'think over' a certain question - as in they're thinking it themselves. I.E, 'Wonder where you got <insert>' or something.

Sisen said:

What am I staring at over there? It's like you two are looking strait ahead, and I've noticed some kind of awkward scratch on the wall. >JK: Investigate awkward scratch!And wait, we found melee weapons? I thought we only got abilities.Even if we don't keep the guns, we could still sell them. Why would miners have guns anyway? Wait a minute, video game loot never makes sense. Forget I mentioned it.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

What am I staring at over there? It's like you two are looking strait ahead, and I've noticed some kind of awkward scratch on the wall. >JK: Investigate awkward scratch!And wait, we found melee weapons? I thought we only got abilities.Even if we don't keep the guns, we could still sell them. Why would miners have guns anyway? Wait a minute, video game loot never makes sense. Forget I mentioned it.J-K out.

'Handyman's Hammerspace' is essentially an ability - but come on, how would someone just find a bunch of abilities in some trunk? Of course there has to be something else in there.

Sisen said:

'Handyman's Hammerspace' is essentially an ability - but come on, how would someone just find a bunch of abilities in some trunk? Of course there has to be something else in there.
Just use video game logic! That's what this world is, and that excuse/reason can explain anything.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

I am somewhat confused.So JK's prank hit you on the head causing your dark side to be dissapointed in you causing you to go lightning spastic?The art for those panals is quite amazing however.

No, you'll see. He's unconscious at the moment, so technically he's 'dreaming' this.This is, at the moment, basically drama laced with foreshadowing.-----Also, ACs may be sent in, but other characters are currently not available for AC use till the 'dream sequence' is over.

Sisen said:

The fact that your not awake is probably good for me at this stage. Somehow it detracts from the epic lightning, but it's still nice to have some drama.I really can't send an AC to this though because I'm at a loss for snappy comments. It's just to serious for me to send in a good idea. You, sir, have done something quite powerful.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

dreamzone1.png...Hm. That was... odd. The energy fluctuation...Judging by your reflection, your eyes... they've sort of mussled a bit. Strange. It seems... somewhat familiar....Oh. That. Up ahead... Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

golden Tahu mistika mask surrounded by energy in a white round chamber?Advanced version of makuta lair entrance from MNOG?

Hm.Odd - it's supposed to be a Phantoka Miru.It was the closest thing i could yoink, so i'll modify the mask in the sheet to be more fitting.

Sisen said: