Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

I really like the newest comic. I love the way he is holding the sword, much more realistic.Also, I have a question. What time period on the island of Mata-nui is this? Or is it just a alternate dimension with the same topography?

Probably an alternate. There will be enemies from a few eras i think - it depends. This is, however, essentially a universe where 'we have a time limit before the universe is doomed' is an unknown concept. Makuta simply send out their minions to hassle everyone. Sort of just an ongoing, stalemate war. Makuta are the warriors of one side. Toa of the other.

Hmm, I think, zombies should be in this now

:biggrin:

~Ro

...No. Utah or not, i'm not adding zombies. Except for Soran. He may or may not, as a character, technically and technically not be a zombie. I have no idea at this point - It's 11pm! Give me some slack! Haha.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

Love the dust effect as well. And Welcome to the team Utah, may your insanity wash away as slowly as possible. It looks like I am a regular cameo now? And it looks like Soran may or may not be a zombie... Does that mean I may or may not have a craving for brains at the moment now? Great job as usual and its good to see your comics back in action.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Love the dust effect as well. And Welcome to the team Utah, may your insanity wash away as slowly as possible. It looks like I am a regular cameo now? And it looks like Soran may or may not be a zombie... Does that mean I may or may not have a craving for brains at the moment now? Great job as usual and its good to see your comics back in action.~Soran

Not really. It's more like that thing in the movies, where someone is supposedly 'dead' but turns out not to be in a massive plot twist that has already happened. Something like that.

Sisen said:

LER: Engage RAGE MODEragemodeanimation.gifYou have activated RAGE MODE.Your ASCENSION LINK has reached it's limit.levelupfirst.pngYou have ascended one ANIVERSE rank to SPAWN OF LEONIDAS.Review ITEM LEVELS and PAST RANKS?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

LER: Check past ANIVERSE ranks, and item levels.leveloop.pngYour current rank is SPAWN OF LEONIDAS.itemranks.pngYour current weapons are MOCK STRIFE and BANE OF STABBINGTON.Your 'WHOLE MESS OF GUNNY THINGS' are currently pending to be transferred to UTAH, as he is currently the only one that can primarily use CANNONTYPE weapons.Now what?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

LOL, Bane of Stabbington? When you told me you referenced me in that PM, I never expected that! I like the way this story goes on and on and on...impossible to predict what's next. Now, it's been far too long for me to make any super specific comments, but Zombie Soran was excellent and I might reference it with a line or two in my comic. Next one you post, I'll be more specific.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

LOL, Bane of Stabbington? When you told me you referenced me in that PM, I never expected that! I like the way this story goes on and on and on...impossible to predict what's next. Now, it's been far too long for me to make any super specific comments, but Zombie Soran was excellent and I might reference it with a line or two in my comic. Next one you post, I'll be more specific.

Heh. Again, like i mentioned a few posts ago - He's not really a zombie. it's more of a 'was-supposedly-dead-but-turned-out-to-be-secretly-alive' sort of deal. Y'know, like the jedi who went into hiding, or something like that.No comic at the moment, but instead i have made a SEASON TWO banner!d3bannerseasontwo.pngI have also made edits to a couple of posts to include this. The OP has banners and fan contributions now, and i have gone back and edited in what page marks the beginning of 'season two'.Enjoy.-Ler Edited by -Windrider-

Sisen said:

KJ: Keep doing that thing you do.joeplottimestwo.pngHm? If you mean plotting against the newest member of the Company to convey your dominance over them in terms of 'silly fan favorite' and 'goofball', you're one step ahead of your conscience. It is now time to wage MENTAL WARFARE.joeisnttouchingutah1.pngKJ: I'm not touching yoouuu. I'm not touching you. I'm nooot. I'm not touching yooouuuuu. I'M NOT TOUCHING YOUUUU. NOT TOUCHIIIIIIING. I'm not touching you. I'm not.UT: ......Brilliant.Now what?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

UT: Give a detailed explanation on your past. This is an open company, no secrets.coolswordehutah.pngUT: ...-LER: Oh hi there! Nice sword I have here isn't it? I've sort of gotten tired of the others and their bizzare piggybacking, so i am especially not in the mood to be turning this company into some sort of talk group! I'm especially tired of the others not giving me a hand of TEARING APART EVERY BOHROK WITHIN A TWENTY YARD RADIUS SO WE CAN GET MOVING! It's really quite dreadful!UT: ......You weren't aware that Leraku's psionic powers included prediction of speech. It's time to hope for your life - and your ability to get a word in edgewise.Now what?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Hey guys! I have a quick announcement. I may or may not switch to another kit from Chimoru, to allow for some other options. My current main possibility may be Xaniskit, but hey, i want to hear from you guys. What kit do you think would fit well for D3?

Sisen said:

I admit Chimoru isn't the best representational kit, but it looks nice. I feel ATOS looks kind of awkward when blown up.I think you're on the right track with Xanis if you really want to switch though. You can get a lot of expression out of it, something you excel at.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

realitylerakucomputer.png≡⌐⌐Θ⌐; µ$ε⌐ ¡ñ╦ε⌐╔▲¢ε ¢Θ⌐⌐µpτ ...Odd. You don't seem to be able to send in any 'consciential' information for the moment... Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

lerxanisreveal.png...Darn. You're tired of this. Things already seemed to be getting out of hand, and now you're having trouble sending in data to your virtual interface. Not good. Time to take a walk...upsetxanisleraku.png...Finally, some fresh air....And the telecom is alerting you. Someone seems to be trying to contact you. You're not heading back to your computer right now. Besides, your have your own psionic interface to take that place when you're not right at it. You want to just take a walk outside of the section of the BZ centrality you dwell in. Maybe you'll just see who's bothering you while you're out here... Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

lerxanisholothing.pngWell, here goes. Who's bothering you this time..?IM-logkeyframeGatekeeper has begun Informally Messaging bipolarDesignerKG: About time. Where were you?BD: What? I was just trying to take a walk. I was getting frustrated, okay?KG: Things are messing up on my end. I'm guessing you noticed that we can't really access our virtual interfaces?BD: Of course. I designed this entire thing, remember?KG: Right, right. Could you get working on that?BD: Honestly? It's paused for the moment. I need to take a break. Plus, i need a moment to suppress the side-effects.KG: What were those again?BD: This is going to be the... specifically, twenty-seventh time i've told you...KG: Just tell me.BD: Fine. Here's the deal. The virtual interface we started for testing has certain side-effects on us. Since we were the templates for our virtual counterparts, their actions and achievements effect us.KG: Right, right. What with you being all blue now.BD: For the last time, i like this better. I'm not some sort of neon glowstick now. Anyways, as you well know, my counterpart has gotten... increasingly aggressive for some reason.BD: I didn't anticipate that the world template would give our counterparts excessive backgrounds. I'm still looking through 'my' past. Anyways, i've had some aggressive tendencies as well. BD: I nearly flattened my chair a little while ago.KG: Right... is that why i've been so cynical lately?BD: Exactly.Informal Message Conversation has been converted to Informal Conference.supernovaRespite has joined the Informal Conference.SR: Hey guys!BD: ...Hello. Why are you intruding?SR: I'm not sure. I'm sort of having trouble keeping focused on a train of thought. Would you have any knowledge about that?SR: Ooh.KG: What?SR: I just remembered something.BD: ...Is it importaSR: I like vanilla.BD: ...KG: ...SR: It's very delicious.SR: Oops.SR: There i go again.BD: I figured...KG: So what are we supposed to do about this?BD: For the moment? Nothing. I'm going to try and fix this at some point - though i may have to completely clear our template forms.SR: Is that bad?BD: It could be. Our virtual forms will be switched towards looking more like ours.KG: And what will this result in?BD: It will give us at least a little more control over this predicament.BD: Or at least cease the danger this could put reality into.hurricaneSentinel has revealed their Reviewing mode.HS: That sounds like a good plan.BD: How long have you been listening?SR: Yeah, it's a little creepy.HS: Long enough. Anyways, you boys be careful. I was assigned to look over this, and i'm hoping not to have to intervene.KG: If you say so.HS: I'll get back to monitoring over this BZ-sect. Sayonara, fellows.hurricaneSentinel has ceased Reviewing the Informal ConferenceBD: ...KG: ...SR: I can't remember. Did i mention my liking for vanilla earlier?bipolarDesigner has muted supernovaRespite from the Informal Conference.bipolarDesigner has muted keyframeGatekeeper from the Informal Conference.BD: I'll just get back to work.bipolarDesigner has ended the Informal Conference....That was... cognitively deteriorating, at least to an extent. Well... time to get back to work on this little situation. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Question: Was this always your plan?So Recap: Chimoru stuff is some kind of game where we use a mental interface to control our avatars, and those avatars actions have some effect on our actual minds (and possibly bodies). Also, the game has some sort of importance to the universe's... stability or something.And is hS Utah or not?Anyway, this is looking epic. Reminds me why I need to start my series back up.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Question: Was this always your plan?So Recap: Chimoru stuff is some kind of game where we use a mental interface to control our avatars, and those avatars actions have some effect on our actual minds (and possibly bodies). Also, the game has some sort of importance to the universe's... stability or something.And is hS Utah or not?Anyway, this is looking epic. Reminds me why I need to start my series back up.J-K out.

One: Not exactly. It was originally going to be a pure adventure comic. However, this gave me little flexibility, and for some reason many of my 'ideas' didn't seem to plan out well enough to go anywhere just on it's own. So i decided to see where my imagination takes me on this endeavor - Risky, i know, but it's gone well so far, and i've learned to understand where the limit is.Two: HS is not Utah. I will say, however, he is related to this forum segment - that is the closest information you're going to get until i reveal it.Recap: I'll get into serious backstory eventually. But that's a basic gist of it - The main D3 you've been seeing so far is a sort of 'virtual universe' - Very different to our 'outer d3' own universe - We have the ability to persuade our counterparts, however, they have their own free will. Their actions and achievements effect our 'outer d3' selves. To put this simply, i'll refer to the 'outer' characters by their IM handles. When people send ACs to specific characters, in-canon, that character's counterpart is the one really acting as their conscience.For instance - The silly things that Joe is doing is influenced by SR; and as Joe gets sillier, so does SR, and his ideas and conscientious adjustments. As BD goes through with more action-based commands, and uncovering backstory, Ler gets more and more action-based, giving BD some of that aggression. This will be toned down eventually however. Justax's character focuses on being very down-to-earth, in a slightly glass-half-empty format. As such, KG is slowly veering off that way as well. Once the virtual switch occurs, this will be reset for the most part, but the characters will still have some of their original personality....Now that i think on it, that is not simple in any way whatsoever.Well, hope you had fun reading. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

walkingtowardsleraroom.pngGeesh...doorisopen.pngTime for some peace...doorisclosed.png...And... quiet.For the love of the Hapori...windriderclosedoortext.pngBD: ...Wind, honestly. It's creepy enough that you monitored our conversations.BD: Do you have to interrupt me?HS: Yeah. I just wanted to let you know something.BD: What now?HS: I just need to seriously enforce the fact that you need to be careful.HS: With all of this.BD: I'm fine, honestly.HS: Look, if any of this is supposed to work, we need to have caution.BD: I'm aware of the risks.HS: ... Understand that you're the best person for this project we've come across, but that doesn't mean you can just go running around, doing whatever.BD: I know.HS: This thing's possible effects on our reality could be disastrous.HS: We cannot let that happen. Our entire project relies on it.BD: You still haven't told me all about this... 'project'.BD: Why is that?HS: I'd love to tell you.BD: Really. Let me guess...HS: But it's classified.BD: Ooof course. Fine.HS: I'll tell you what i can.HS: Eventually.BD: ...Whatever. Just leave me alone.HS: No promises... but i will for now.BD: I guess i should say 'thanks'. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

leratthecomputer1.pngHere goes nothing.templateresetanimmarktwo.gif...Template reset for virtuality complex 'aniverse' requires query confirmation.Begin.End Dents, Dings and Disasters Season Two Intermission One. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

xanisreveal.pngUser interface restored.Restarting virtuality 'aniverse' protocolsAI ; alternateEntities re-enabled.Begin usual standpoints.Speech-logLER: What..? I don't remember trying to stab you... That's wierd. Doesn't seem like something i would do.UT: ...KJ: ...Oh. Hey.JK: Not much seems to have changed for me.LER: Let's just get going... Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

See a body in the sand just after just going to stab your friend for no reason you can think of because you just blacked out and your universe got reset. Sounds legit.On another note: I need to brush up on my Matoran alphabet. Mad coding skills must hide some clues...J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

I like where you're going with this although a bit confusing its interesting. Also, alot of the sprites in this comic weren't really resized that great. Maybe you should work on that, just a suggestion.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I like where you're going with this although a bit confusing its interesting. Also, alot of the sprites in this comic weren't really resized that great. Maybe you should work on that, just a suggestion.~Soran

The resizing script-fu hasn't been too kind to me lately. I.E, suddenly resetting size when i attempt to scale it. Sorry!There won't be a comic for now, for a good reason.I wanted to instead talk about my mother.She has dealt with me and my strange imagination for thirteen years, gone through all sorts of hardships, and all in all, helped me through all of my troubles so far. She carefully and thoughtfully helps to educate me, uses her knowledge to help me out with all sorts of menial things, and all in all has cared for me for all of my life so far. I recently went to an extremely secretive extent to help give her a birthday party - so far as to get HER mother to come over, all the way from Oregon. My mother even reads the comic regularly, and has helped support me in all of this time i have been working on this comic. It's been wonderful so far, and i hope it to be that way from here-on-out. I wanted to thank her for all of her hard work she has done for me and my sister for all of these years.So...Thanks, Mom.Happy 50th birthday. Edited by -Windrider-

Sisen said:

iaza11678060206800.png...Ugh.I am really, REALLY sorry guys. I have had absolutely no feeling to make comics lately. I just have been veering all over the place outside of the comic-making groove. I couldn't even make one this time. I just took the old 'sunk' image, flipped it around and over sharpened it....It took TEN MINUTES just for the sharpen script-fu to LOAD.And another ten for it to process what i wanted it to do....Then five more to actually do it....UGH.I'm going to have to reinstall gimp sometime.Oh well.Anyways, i've got a good reason for being out of the comic-mood this time.This time, i am actually working on my art.Sketching, drawing, digital coloring... et cetera, et cetera.I'm going to be putting this comic on an indefinite hiatus. ACs are still able to be sent in, even if you have already sent one in. I'll keep them in my inbox for comics later once i get back in the 'update' mood.-Ler Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

<://Error, consciental input rebooting.><://Continuing main process.>hereitisinthesand.pngIs this it down in the sand? What you've been looking for out here? Yeah, this is it. A bit sandy, but it'll do. You'd best get out of the sand for awhile if you want to salvage what little is left of this thing. Might as well put your sword back into your Hammerspace, you probably won't need it on the way.hesgotsomething.pngLER: You guys keep going. I've... got something to take care of, so I'm going to fly ahead. Meet me at Ta-Koro.JK: What? We went all this way - just to go back there?LER: ...It's complicated. Let's just say that some things... changed. Find a boat or something, head to Ga-Koro. I'll be either in Ta-Koro, or near the shore.KJ: I'll use my mask to get ahead and look for some boats.LER: Good plan. See ya.UT: ...LER: Yes, you too, mister join-the-group-without-my-consent. 'Goodbye'.KJ: ...His name is Utah?LER: Oh. Um... sorry. Odd. Must be some weirdness from when i was feeling all... aggressive before. See ya.watershoomblur.pngHow strange... maybe your past is messing with you again.You're not usually so aggressive. Now to get this thing to a place where you can study it in peace. Maybe... think a bit, too.-----Whoo... Yeah, I got a bunch of ideas. And these ideas may be possibly influenced by your input - So, from here to when they meet up, they will be AC-controlled in a 'meanwhile' sort of way. I will control Leraku most of the time, with my plans, and you can send in ACs for him too. On a condition. You must also include an AC for the rest of them, or at least one of them. I still don't have a bona-fide update schedule, so it's probably going to be pretty random.-Ler

Sisen said:

Nice to see these are back up again. I like how mysterious the comic is, and how the past keeps coming back to Leraku. Also, I love that eye shine you did in 2nd panel, just amazing.~Soran(Was my character one of those returning people in these comics, because if so does that mean you need me to send in a xaniskit spritesheet?)

Cool, you're back! Can't wait to see what happens next. Plenty of ideas? Yup, I know how that feels. Sometimes I have too many ideas to put into one comic and I end up writing them down for later, other times I'm drained dry and resort to scenes that may as well be filler.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Nice to see these are back up again. I like how mysterious the comic is, and how the past keeps coming back to Leraku. Also, I love that eye shine you did in 2nd panel, just amazing.~Soran(Was my character one of those returning people in these comics, because if so does that mean you need me to send in a xaniskit spritesheet?)

Yes, a Xanis sheet would be very appreciated.-----Secondary notice!I would really appreciate community help here - i need all sorts of Xanis characters - I.E. soldier-ish characters, and if anyone wants to make an appearance, you can send yourself in and i can make use of you!

Sisen said: