Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

landonthebeach.pngHere you are. Finally. Now to see what you can do with this....Drat. You won't be able to fix this till you make it to your destination. Eventually. That means you're going to have to wait here for the others.sitonthesan.pngThis means you are going to have to sit.And wait....Wait...Wait a minute.This reminds you of something. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

The Epic eyeshine effect strikes again!Your mask seems to be pretty powerful... What was its mask powers again?I wonder what it reminds you of... The suspense!~Soran

It is a Phantoka Miru, a mask of Levitation. However, this is not his mask power. It is raw psionic energy. It can also be seen earlier near the beginning of S2, the 'pchoo' bit.Onwards to comic.handhold.pngWait a minute... this may not even be enough. It could possibly......This can't be. It's not bringing that back, is it?...This odd feeling. It's like memories being forcibly jammed into your head...Rrrgh. Not... very... pleasant...beginroom.pngOS???: So. Your... little upgrade has gone well?LER: Yes. I'd appreciate it if i didn't see these... things pointing weaponry at me wherever I go.OS???: Now, Polaris, you know that we must have security due to our work. They do have feelings, too.LER: ...Right...OS???: Since your reclaiming had some... issues, we are going to assign you a partner. They have had similar experiences. He is codename Exile.LER: A Teammate? I didn't sign up for that! I am fi-OS???: Silence. We carefully modifi- Reclaimed you, and we can undo those effects. Your powers are insignificant to us. You need us.LER: If only you knew...OS???: What was that?LER: Nothing. Carefully reminding myself to... respect my superiors and not respond with a loud, indignant voice...OS???: Good. Get going. You'd best get introduced.LER: ...OS???: I said, you are dismissed....No. You don't want to remember this.You forced yourself to suppress these memories.It was not the nicest of processes either... Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Interesting... I like how the memories are flooding back to him. I also liked the effect you captured in the first panel. It was a nice touch. I'm also starting to wonder who these 'partners' are, and what initial role they have in further plot. Nice job as usual.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

somewierdtreescene.pngOkay, you decided to try and take a walk to calm down - again - now to check over what's going on. Memories, memories, yadda yad-Wait a second. Who's that..?No...zoomzoom.pngThere's only one person that OverSeer can be...windrideropendoor.pngBD: Windrider!HS: ... -----Trivia note! I actually have two files with ironically similar names now.'windriderclosedoor.png', in the scene where Wind closed the door on Leraku, and now,'windrideropendoor.png' in this scene.

Sisen said:

Interesting... I can't tell if thats a memory or not though... Either way I can't wait to see what happens next.

Memories and ETC in universe 2 [The virtual, Leraku-Made universe] will have names that are abbreviated character names, such as LER and JK. OS??? is really OSWIN. Universe 1. the 'real' universe will have name handles similar to Homestuck, such as bipolarDesigner and hurricaneSentinel.

Sisen said:

sorantrainingroom.pngLER: Are you Exile?EX: Why, yes. Seems you're late for our first training.LER: Training?EX: What, they didn't tell you about our training..?LER: No. Should they have?soranpunchtrainingroom.pngEX: Well then... here's your first lesson!Not your favorite of memories... Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Wow... Is it normal to be scared of your own character? Impressive effects in this comic, nice job, and the storyline is moving quite nicely along, I like it.Nice Job as usual,~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Bleh, bugs...Wait. Whos the new guy?~Ro

There's a clue in Soran's post....actually his entire post there is a clue. That's Soran - If you go back to when Ler went to change to his current form back in Onu-Koro, Soran, aka Exile, stopped him.

Sisen said:

i kinda thought he meant outside the roomhe could spray outside the building

Yeah, I've been noticing the bugs now outside. I agree with Wind, I can't stand those things.J-K out.

yeah. i hate them
Outside wouldn't necessarily mean just nearby the building. They could still fly around the spray and not land where it is - Leraku likes to get away from the building outside, out in the grass. That is what i am referring to.

Sisen said:

i kinda thought he meant outside the roomhe could spray outside the building

Yeah, I've been noticing the bugs now outside. I agree with Wind, I can't stand those things.J-K out.

yeah. i hate them
Outside wouldn't necessarily mean just nearby the building. They could still fly around the spray and not land where it is - Leraku likes to get away from the building outside, out in the grass. That is what i am referring to.
Rereading my previous post: Nevermind what I said. I mean, no I really do hate bugs, but that's not what I'm talking about now.The point: Dude, "bugs" is really a subtle hint about what's going on in the series. There are glitches (or bugs) inside the rebooted game world, and that's why WR won't play. Also, the "BZUniverse" actually a protected bubble world inside a chaotic mess (the game is somewhere in the mess). By not wanting to go "outside" he means he doesn't want to go into the glitchy madness that is the game world beyond their bubble. It also explains why the BZUniverse has such tight security; they need to do everything they can to stay safe in the bubble.BZUniverse Leraku enjoys the game, and that's why you said he likes to be "outside in the grass". That's how the series started.That is my headcanon. I don't care whether it's right or wrong, I just like making crazy theories.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Rereading my previous post: Nevermind what I said. I mean, no I really do hate bugs, but that's not what I'm talking about now.The point: Dude, "bugs" is really a subtle hint about what's going on in the series. There are glitches (or bugs) inside the rebooted game world, and that's why WR won't play. Also, the "BZUniverse" actually a protected bubble world inside a chaotic mess (the game is somewhere in the mess). By not wanting to go "outside" he means he doesn't want to go into the glitchy madness that is the game world beyond their bubble. It also explains why the BZUniverse has such tight security; they need to do everything they can to stay safe in the bubble.BZUniverse Leraku enjoys the game, and that's why you said he likes to be "outside in the grass". That's how the series started.That is my headcanon. I don't care whether it's right or wrong, I just like making crazy theories.J-K out.

I had no plan on any of that really, this is basically just windrider disliking all of those stupid flies and bees that buzz around in the middle of summer when you're just trying to like, take a walk or something. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

I'm not sure, but i may switch back to using Chimoru - Xanis is good, but, the resizing is fairly difficult - and the less shading just seems a bit strange to me. Four-shade isn't something i'm used to.

Sisen said:

A pair of matoran waits in the desert - for their friend to return, or some guidance from their conscience that has guided them thus far.utahspeaksup.pngUT: ...-JK: I wonder when Joe's going to get ba-UT: THAT'S IT. I've had enough.JK: What? You can talk?UT: Yes! This entire time.UT: I am sick and tired of being cut off all the time!UT: It's like some sort of... running gag!JK: Wait a second, what are you-UT: If you're so concerned with what Joe's up to...UT: Why not go and say hello?UT: I'll help.Now what?

Sisen said:

JK: Slowly approach Joejoesandpaf.pngohheytherejustax.pngKJ: Oh hey, Justax. When did you get here?You fail miserably.What now?EDIT: From here on out, to keep things at least a little easier to clarify, BZ-Universe [u1] will be in Xanis, Virtual Universe [u2] will be in Chimoru.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

I'm also wondering how that happened... Still it's entertaining. I also like the clarification of the different sprite kits. It will make it a lot easier to understand where the story is taking place.Keep up the good work,~Soran

... I can't even explain how that happened.I like the kit split between universes. I kind of figured that was how that was going.J-K out.

I'm also wondering how that happened... Still it's entertaining. I also like the clarification of the different sprite kits. It will make it a lot easier to understand where the story is taking place.Keep up the good work,~Soran

I could have sworn it was obvious enough - Utah blasted Justax into the air, who landed nearby Joe.

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, has it really been... uh, nine days since i've posted in here?Huh.Wellllllll.I don't have any good finished comics, and i have been drop-dead empty in terms of ideas. (Having only a few ACs doesn't help either, i tend to forget any good ideas i have-but-i-can't-do-due-to-being-busy, so having more frequent AC income helps. I have been pretty drained lately, even trying to listen to songs so i can get back to you guys. I've had some ideas, but i doubt i can implement them, plus i'll need to completely remake the slew of soldier sprites i made in Xanis so i can continue the 'memories', at least if you want said memories in Chimoru. I've been having some... issues getting along with pixels lately, anyhow. Stuff's just been annoying when i've been trying to sprite. Sorry, you guys. If you want to help, please, send in ACs, even if you've already sent one in. If you suddenly go "Oh wow, i just got an idea related to D3", send it in! Even if it's not entirely related to current goings-on, i may be able to use it later, even though i'd still like for-the-moment ACs.-Ler

Sisen said:

Yay this series is still going on. Whichever sprite kit you're more comfortable with I suggest you use it for the 'memories'. I may be able to think up a few commands, we'll see. Anyway, nice to see you're back.~Soran

lerwhirldescription.pngI've decided to do some revisions to the Leraku character as a whole, i've been thinking about it and examining my MOC of him that i have dubbed Polaris. For starters, his mask is going to be a Faxon officially now, description of why it is that will be later. I don't have any good sprites of a Faxon yet, so, i'm going to be working on possible 6shade sprites of it, or if anyone else wants to give it a go, feel free. Another thing is that i have debated mentally on his color scheme - Technically, Psionic beings are purple/black/gray/silver? Leraku is going to have a pretty serious backstory, though - I'm going to give a bit of backstory about it, but i'm not going to go into super detail, so as not to spoil too much. Leraku was part of a project to enhance normal beings into nigh-invincible supersoldiers, several beings selected, Leraku being one of them, and given insane enhancements of varying kinds. He pulled through the rigorous experience, the resulting power he got was Psionics - although in his case, an incredibly unstable form of Bipolaric psionics, giving a slight multiple-personality disorder, and, on occasion, to completely flip-flop emotions and ETC. He was almost regarded as a failure, but was given his chances. He was given a Faxon, as he was intended to be a stealth unit, but, this was soon shrugged off and left there as he showed he was not fit for the job, and more like a powerhouse of speed and... well, power. Alongside his own experiments were other beings - namely, Soran. Others may be named as time goes on, or as LCs progress. Soran's powers were shadowcasting, allowing him control over dark energy, his most common use being teleportation. After various training sessions and missions alongside Soran, as they were paired together - Soran being re-dubbed later as the stealth unit, and he was given heightened intelligence. Leraku's Psionics had given him higher intelligence as well, making them a nigh-unstoppable force... but at what cost? Leraku began questioning the morals of this job, and eventually started to rebel, destroying the organization's (Not named or described in this case to save plot detail) general facilities, as well as trying to bring Soran with him, as they had become friends over time. However, Soran, although somewhat swayed, stuck with his role, sticking to his rule that 'they had given him all he had', and had 'taken him away from something[Possibly someone, maybe Akino] terrible'. From then, they had become rivals - Soran often sent off to try and capture Leraku. Much time later, Soran broke off, but regardless followed Leraku. Since this, Leraku had been overcome with guilt for what he had done, and tried to pass himself off as a matoran of Plasma, attempting to redeem himself for what he had done by going off on a quest, seen at the beginning of D3. This had thrown off Soran for the time being, but, eventually, Leraku's ruse wore off, showing at the chaotic unleashes of his powers, and then eventually taking his mask back. Soran now attempts to reason with Leraku - who thinks that the shadow-powered being is against him still. Leraku now plans to go on an journey throughout the island, searching and hoping for revenge.Pretty elaborate, isn't it?I may add to it over time.

Sisen said:

Wow... I just read a prize winning novel in a couple of paragraphs. That back story was amazing! The story explained a lot while not revealing too much. It also helped me understand your character better as well as the storyline. What I'm wondering now is why that unnamed facility was creating supersoldiers, perhaps is was from a war or something. Its a really interesting the story you got here. The back story is really thought out and it brings closer attention to the characters and their personalities. I like how the powers weren't just, 'OMG a rock! I got flight powers now!', or something completely random, it was actually thought out and makes sense (Soran's powers are awesome sauce). I don't mind the wait because honestly that back story was like... wow.Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see all the things that will happen,~Soran

Oh shoot. Turns out Psionics' associated colors are blue and gold - Too bad i'm halfway through coloring the possible new version of Leraku. I think i'll stick with purple though - kind of fits with Ler's red/blue theme.

Sisen said:

Also, Psionics is a female element in canon, so forget it.I'm going to need to read that again, because I sort of skimmed it. Reader's Digest Version: Ler and Soran are rogue super soldiers who lead epic lives.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Also, Psionics is a female element in canon, so forget it.I'm going to need to read that again, because I sort of skimmed it. Reader's Digest Version: Ler and Soran are rogue super soldiers who lead epic lives.J-K out.

I noticed that, yeah... But meh.This is fan shtuff and an alternate universe anyhow.

Sisen said: