What Was the Last Piece of BIONICLE Media You Consumed?

Master Inika

What book, movie, comic, or anything did you enjoy most recently? How many years has it been since your first time enjoying it, or was it your first time?

I believe mine was revisiting Tahnok-Kal's Promo CD on my old computer that still managed to play most of it. The Promo CDs are a special thing for me. The eerie ambient background music has never left me.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I was over at BMP the other night checking out commercials. I was pleased to discover they had acquired clean versions of the 2001 and 2006 McDonald’s Happy Meals commercials (I hadn’t seen the 2006 one since December 2006, and the only copy of the 2001 one I could ever find was a YouTube video where someone used a camcorder on their TV screen...the epitome of poor quality).

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

A few months ago, I finally got around to reading all three of the G2 books:

Island of Lost Masks

Revenge of the Skull Spiders

Escape from the Underworld

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Graphic Novel #1: Rise of the Toa Nuva, for me, literally yesterday.

I've been taking part in Inktober this year - you know, the challenge to make an ink drawing each day of October, based on a list of prompts? - and, I decided to take Bionicle's early years as my overall theme for this year; as such, I've been delving particularly into MNOG and the comics for visual reference and inspiration. And perhaps naturally, it's easy to get sucked into the nostalgia and find myself continuing reading anyway, even beyond what I specifically was looking for xD

So, needing to reference the Exo-Toa yesterday, I found myself flicking through much of Into the Nest and What Lurks Below, especially. And I'm already expecting today's to take me, again, into The Bohrok Awake... ^^

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

13 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Graphic Novel #1: Rise of the Toa Nuva, for me, literally yesterday.

I've been taking part in Inktober this year - you know, the challenge to make an ink drawing each day of October, based on a list of prompts? - and, I decided to take Bionicle's early years as my overall theme for this year; as such, I've been delving particularly into MNOG and the comics for visual reference and inspiration. And perhaps naturally, it's easy to get sucked into the nostalgia and find myself continuing reading anyway, even beyond what I specifically was looking for xD

So, needing to reference the Exo-Toa yesterday, I found myself flicking through much of Into the Nest and What Lurks Below, especially. And I'm already expecting today's to take me, again, into The Bohrok Awake... ^^

That's pretty beautiful. Nostalgia has a way of doing that to you.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

That song that wants to know if I have what it takes to be a hero. I like to listen to it to pump myself up on the drive to work once or twice a week. Not sure if it's officially Bionicle media, though. If it's not, then I also enjoy Gravity Hurts or Creeping in My Soul (been on a Cryoshell kick kinda recently). 

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:46 PM, Chronicler06 said:

A few months ago, I finally got around to reading all three of the G2 books:

Island of Lost Masks

Revenge of the Skull Spiders

Escape from the Underworld

How were they? Do they do any good in making G2 more fleshed out? Worth reading?

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

11 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

How were they? Do they do any good in making G2 more fleshed out? Worth reading?

Well, I'm struggling to remember the details months later, but from the basics of what I can recall, Book 1 was basically a retelling of the animated shorts of the first year, Book 2 focused on the Protectors in a struggle against the Lord of the Skull Spiders during the events of the later half of the first year, and Book 3 featured the Toa and Ekimu going up against the Skull Grinder on the latter's home realm before the events of the second year. Overall, not much more on the first book than simply a novelization, but the second and third felt more like reading many of the G1 books that featured events not mentioned elsewhere, so if you can find at least the second and third books, I'd say go for it.

Edited by Chronicler06
fixed a typo

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

• 2 weeks later...

Its fanon, but recently I read all the three issues (so far) of Eden Sander's Muzona Guardians comic series. He nailed the feeling of 2001-2003 very well, while giving it a unique spin with his characters. Very easy to imagine that Pimku, Kehruk and Napongo were running around Mata-Nui on their own misadventure during the events of MNOG. Also it has meta-humor, which is always a plus: 

image.thumb.png.363d2e5aedd37204353f7449e2f88499.png

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• 4 weeks later...

Read the Tale of the Toa for the first time. Quite enjoyable, I regret waiting this long to start the Bionicle books. I suppose it never occurred to me before, as I wasn’t into/allowed to have Bionicles until after the first discontinuation. 

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom
  • Upvote 1

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

It's been more than a decade since I last downloaded the promotional disks for the Toa Metru and man it's like nostalgia kicking me in the balls. They reminded me how much I love Metru Nui's aesthetic. There were much more  of those picture puzzle-thingies than I remember but man I could still remember the warm voice of the French narrator.

Nokama's Toa Metru Mini Promo CD | The BIONICLE Wiki ...