LEGO Addresses Their Ties to the Harry Potter Brand

The Harry Potter fandom has been in a weird place the past few months, given the brand's creator, author J K Rowling, tweeting some very hurtful things against minority groups and people. Boycotts of the Wizarding World products have occurred, while actors from the movies have shared nothing but love for all fans. LEGO, a big distributor of such products, have addressed their ties to the brand and its cashflow. Read on for their message of inclusion and their business details for the sets.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Well, I would have preferred a statement of support for her, but I guess a response like this is to be expected from a company that's scared about how that could affect their income.

I would be interested to hear how Warner Bros distributes those royalty fees. I have been buying Harry Potter sets with the expectation that JK was receiving a cut.  If that's not the case, I may have to reconsider my purchases. 

But overall I'm very disappointed with the way this article was written as framing her as "tweeting some very hurtful things against minority groups" when her statements have been very much in support of women's and gay rights.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Valendale said:

Well, I would have preferred a statement of support for her, but I guess a response like this is to be expected from a company that's scared about how that could affect their income.

I would be interested to hear how Warner Bros distributes those royalty fees. I have been buying Harry Potter sets with the expectation that JK was receiving a cut.  If that's not the case, I may have to reconsider my purchases. 

But overall I'm very disappointed with the way this article was written as framing her as "tweeting some very hurtful things against minority groups" when her statements have been very much in support of women's and gay rights.

You should see her latest tweets. Buying merch from TERF stores, liking TERF content on her twitter and discriminating against trans people isn't support. She's writing a book about a man who dresses as a woman to murder other women. She's clearly transphobic and should not be welcomed in the LGBT community in any way.

23 hours ago, Valendale said:

Bruh

• Like 1

are human rights.