BZPower is Playing LEGO Games for the Kids!

Since 2008 Extra-Life has been raising money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals by enabling gamers to raise money through twenty-four hour marathons. I've been a supporter of their efforts for years, but I've always had a reason to not participate (usually BrickFair New Jersey or BrickCon). Thanks to COVID-19, my calendar is clear this year so from 10 AM Eastern on Saturday, November 7th until 10 AM Eastern on Sunday, November 8th I'll be streaming LEGO videogames for the kids! You can head over to our page to donate or help spread the word. We've got some great incentives, including Star Wars and Bionicle raffles, the ability to pick what game I play for and hour, and a NYCC 2014 Transparent Mask of Fire! I know 2020 has been a crazy year and not everyone can donate, but any support, even if it's just a Tweet or coming to watch, helps a lot. Thank you all!

View the full article

• Like 2

One hour every Tuesday evening is already long enough for me, so a continuous 24 hours is just out of the question for me. I might consider checking in whenever I can (that FOMO (fear of missing out) can be quite tempting), but I doubt I'll be anywhere nearly as involved as I've been in the Twitch Tuesday streams. I have no means of donating any money (otherwise, I would've gotten myself premier membership already), though I would like to watch what kind of progress you make though those games, so I guess my biggest question is if you plan to later upload videos of that stream that we can watch later, even if only in separate parts for each game. (Also, seeing the list of available games, I'm not surprised it doesn't include any games you've not yet played, though I am curious why you chose to also exclude Lego Worlds. If I ever had the incentive to game for 24 hours straight, that would actually be one of my top choices.)

• Upvote 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I don't expect anyone to stick around for the whole thing, that would be almost as insane as me playing games the whole time! I hope to be able to upload the entire stream afterwards, either as one big video or in parts. That assumes that I have no technical difficulties for the whole time though, so we shall see.

I feel like I didn't enjoy LEGO Worlds very much, and am not sure what I would do in that for any amount of time. I recall getting pretty bored pretty fast.