Lunacy And Wordsmithery

Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

Welcome, fans of BIONICLE, comics, humor, literature, insanity, and Razor! This is Lunacy and Wordsmithery, the only comic series you'll find on BZP starring the incomparable--y conceited--me!

However, I find it only fair to deliver to you this caveat before you enter my Wonderland: I'd turn back if I were you. *

Still here? I thought you would be. Therefore, without further ado . . .

Welcome to wonderland

introduction.png

Comics

#6 - Coming soon

#11 - Of Closets and Skeletons - Coming Soon

Guest Stars

I am not accepting Permanent Guest Stars at the moment. Transitory guest stars are, however, quite welcome--if you are interested, please fill out the form below:

Name: (if you don't know what to put here, you'll be the ideal comic character)

Tri-Shade Razor Sprite Sheet: (preferable but optional; otherwise provide a detailed description)

Personality: (describe your character briefly)

Other: (any distinctive characteristics, traits, powers, etc.)

Credits

Coming Soon

* I am not liable for any loss of sanity or expansion of lexical ken accrued through failure to heed my warning.

From the desk of Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Well, to start off, I really enjoy these comics. You have done a great job with them. Now, just a few minor things to work on:1. Posing: Almost every comic, the majority of the time, Nuile is in the same pose which is a front view with a smiling emote. I think it would be nice if you changed the poses sometimes. You do every so often, but I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you should use some different poses more often. It's a very minor thing, but I think it would improve your comics.2. Text: The text is pretty good, but I would suggest using a different font like Comic Sans or Arial, or something else. Not that the particular font is bad, but it just doesn't fit the style of comics you're making. Also, it might be nice if you used some kind of text effect like speech-bubbles or outline-text. I'm not sure what program you use, but if you need any help on how to do certain effects like that, I can always give you help.3. Panels/Graphics: I find the panels to be a slight-bit too small. Maybe making your panels 300x150 or a little smaller would be nicer. You would, of course, need to enlarge the sprites, or maybe not, depending on if you want to; although, I would suggest it. And also, some improved backgrounds graphics-wise would be nice. It would make the comics look more polished and would look nice with effects you might want to add.4. Characters: I enjoyed your character, but maybe considering some PGS's or GS's would be a good idea? It would give you many more ideas, plus it might increase the popularity of the comics.These are just four minor things that I think will make your comics better. Besides that, I really enjoyed them. There's not much to critique besides those four things. I'll definitely be following these and I hope to see more! Keep up the good work! :)-Rez

This is really interesting. I enjoyed reading a more compact comic, as I believe too many strips in this forum waste large chunks of their comic in the equivalent of 'dead space' in images. I feel like this may limit larger bits of dialogue, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It certainly makes it easier to read.I do have a couple issues, but they're both something that Reznas already explained. The first is character posing (something that would give this strip quite a bit more character) and the second is speech bubbles, something missing from the majority of pieces in this forum.(Oh, and keep up the good work! I'll be watching!)

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Well, to start off, I really enjoy these comics. You have done a great job with them. Now, just a few minor things to work on:1. Posing: Almost every comic, the majority of the time, Nuile is in the same pose which is a front view with a smiling emote. I think it would be nice if you changed the poses sometimes. You do every so often, but I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you should use some different poses more often. It's a very minor thing, but I think it would improve your comics.2. Text: The text is pretty good, but I would suggest using a different font like Comic Sans or Arial, or something else. Not that the particular font is bad, but it just doesn't fit the style of comics you're making. Also, it might be nice if you used some kind of text effect like speech-bubbles or outline-text. I'm not sure what program you use, but if you need any help on how to do certain effects like that, I can always give you help.3. Panels/Graphics: I find the panels to be a slight-bit too small. Maybe making your panels 300x150 or a little smaller would be nicer. You would, of course, need to enlarge the sprites, or maybe not, depending on if you want to; although, I would suggest it. And also, some improved backgrounds graphics-wise would be nice. It would make the comics look more polished and would look nice with effects you might want to add.4. Characters: I enjoyed your character, but maybe considering some PGS's or GS's would be a good idea? It would give you many more ideas, plus it might increase the popularity of the comics.These are just four minor things that I think will make your comics better. Besides that, I really enjoyed them. There's not much to critique besides those four things. I'll definitely be following these and I hope to see more! Keep up the good work! :)-Rez

My thanks. :D1. Huh. You're right! Most of the comics thus far have consisted mainly of monologue and hence had little else. I need to find ways to include a little more action and facial expressions.2. Well, the text choice was based on the wordsmithery segment of the title. But perhaps I can come up with something more creative and eye-pleasing than Times New Roman. The addition of speech bubbles is a great suggestion, though; I'll be sure to do that.3. Well, the reason for the size of the panels was originally so I could fit the comics into my signature. I still may or may not do this; and really I see no point in enlarging the panels if I'm only going to enlarge the sprites as well. I might create a standard larger template for instances that require more space for action or what have you, but besides that I'd prefer to keep them as they are.As for graphics, I'm not much on polish--but I'll look into it.4. I suppose it would make more sense to offer rather than wait for people to request. :P I'll also be bringing in more Nuile clones and bring back Thullaw to liven things up.I appreciate your input and hope you'll enjoy the continuation of my series.

This is really interesting. I enjoyed reading a more compact comic, as I believe too many strips in this forum waste large chunks of their comic in the equivalent of 'dead space' in images. I feel like this may limit larger bits of dialogue, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It certainly makes it easier to read.I do have a couple issues, but they're both something that Reznas already explained. The first is character posing (something that would give this strip quite a bit more character) and the second is speech bubbles, something missing from the majority of pieces in this forum.(Oh, and keep up the good work! I'll be watching!)

Can't please everyone! :P But I'm glad you agree with my panel size choice.Always good to know what opinions are popular. I'll be sure to address both those issues.:D Thank you!From the desk of Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?