A topic for discussing the Marvel universe. The comics, characters, movies, cartoons or anything else that has to do with Marvel.At the moment I'm reading the Wolverine Origins comics series which has really provided a lot of background information on Logan's past. It has also made me rethink how much I like the X-Men Origin's: Wolverine a lot since both story lines are completely different.

Coming Soon! Improved version of my epic from the old forums.

So I stopped following the Bionicle storyline after Metru-Nui... if anyone knows of anywhere I can read up on it to catch up pm me with a link.

I really like the ultimate universe so far- they have taken what's happened in the 616 and spun it all around. I really loved the republic is burning storyline though I'm really curious to see what happens next

I haven't really read either of those. What are they like? I might want to look into reading those.

So I stopped following the Bionicle storyline after Metru-Nui... if anyone knows of anywhere I can read up on it to catch up pm me with a link.

Well its different from the main 616 universe- when it first started back in 2000 it was kinda a reintroduction into the normal characters but with a twist. A good example is the ultimates- they were the new version of the avengers but instead of being a group of heroes gathered to stop street crimes/super villains they operate on a global threats handling mutants terrorists or helping with wars.There are also many changes with characters- instead of dr. Doom being the universes most feared enemy- it's been given to magneto and recently reed Richards. Also since Peter Parker died a new spider man was introduced. Also on good thing about ultimate marvel is that when a character dies- there ain't no coming back- with two exceptions (one which died again 10 issues later lol)It's pretty interesting and I recommend it over the 616 any day

I get my back into my living

Well its different from the main 616 universe- when it first started back in 2000 it was kinda a reintroduction into the normal characters but with a twist. A good example is the ultimates- they were the new version of the avengers but instead of being a group of heroes gathered to stop street crimes/super villains they operate on a global threats handling mutants terrorists or helping with wars.There are also many changes with characters- instead of dr. Doom being the universes most feared enemy- it's been given to magneto and recently reed Richards. Also since Peter Parker died a new spider man was introduced.Also on good thing about ultimate marvel is that when a character dies- there ain't no coming back- with two exceptions (one which died again 10 issues later lol)It's pretty interesting and I recommend it over the 616 any day

It sounds interesting in a way, I'll check it out, but I'm one of those people who hates change for the most part lol.

Well I'm reading old doctor strange, Captain America, Deadpool, and soon, winter soldier.I was reading the clairmont run on X-men, but I stopped for a while and I need to start that back up.Love playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and 3 as well. I'll play anyone.

All great comics and great games. Anyone anticipating playing the Marvel Universe MMO when it releases? I am kind of pumped mostly because I don't have a system to play other Marvel stuff on.

All great comics and great games. Anyone anticipating playing the Marvel Universe MMO when it releases? I am kind of pumped mostly because I don't have a system to play other Marvel stuff on.

Wait they're actually making an MMO other than super hero spaud? I hope it's free, like the DC one...

Gamers rise up, not down

Wait they're actually making an MMO other than super hero spaud? I hope it's free, like the DC one...
Yeah it's supposed to be free and pretty good from what I've read. The game is supposed to come out this year, but there isn't a release date which is odd because Marvel has been working on it for a long time.

Well I'm reading old doctor strange, Captain America, Deadpool, and soon, winter soldier.

I've stopped reading the normal captain America comics after the whole captain america reborn storyline though I heard about the winter soldier series- I might look into it.Though is anyone one excited about the avengers vs xmen crossover this year? I was reading the prelude to it called x-sanction. So far I find it disappointing. Though that might be cause I disliked Jeff lobe since the ultimates volume 3.

I get my back into my living

Well I'm reading old doctor strange, Captain America, Deadpool, and soon, winter soldier.

I've stopped reading the normal captain America comics after the whole captain america reborn storyline though I heard about the winter soldier series- I might look into it.Though is anyone one excited about the avengers vs xmen crossover this year? I was reading the prelude to it called x-sanction. So far I find it disappointing. Though that might be cause I disliked Jeff lobe since the ultimates volume 3.
The winter soldier series is great in my opinion. I read some of it last fall, although I need to finish it. I don't know if I would like the concept of the Avengers taking on the X-Men.... this is part of the Ultimate Universe right?

I went to the comic book shop today, and found a "Winter Soldier #1" poster. It's coming out on February 12. Bad news for me, though, it's closed on Sundays.Still, I know what I'll be doing that week.

OH okay, I wondered why it wasen't out yet. Now I know.I thought it was suppoesed to be released in January. At least that's what captain america whatever.1 said.

Gamers rise up, not down

I should probably start reading Ultimates because it sounds like I'm missing out. The only problem is I want to finish the Wolverine Origins series but I can't find the last few <_< . I'm thinking of subscribing to a series since my birthday is coming up too... any recommendations?

It's Marvel, baby. ^_^I'm not a big fan of the Marvel comics, but I'm pretty big on Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (and 1, to a lesser extent) - it's probably the best crossover game ever created. I'm still learning my way around MvC2, since I'm used to Street Fighter III's engine, but it's definitely a fun game with a gigantic roster.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

It's Marvel, baby. ^_^I'm not a big fan of the Marvel comics, but I'm pretty big on Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (and 1, to a lesser extent) - it's probably the best crossover game ever created. I'm still learning my way around MvC2, since I'm used to Street Fighter III's engine, but it's definitely a fun game with a gigantic roster.

you mean "56 characters but only 3 of them are good"?I like it too though, you have it for the 360?

Gamers rise up, not down

NIMROD.Anyways, Marvel 2 is fun, but I find the ones before much, much, much funner. And on the topic of movies? I am eagerly awaiting Avengers after watching the amazing job that Marvel did with Captain America.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

you mean "56 characters but only 3 of them are good"?I like it too though, you have it for the 360?
3? I think there are at least 10 good characters - Tron Bonne, Storm, Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, Cyclops, Doctor Doom, Strider Hiryu, Iron Man, and even Dhalsim are all worth playing. I personally find Ryu to be not bad either, but he lacks the full-screen projectile attacks most of the other characters have.And no, I don't have MvC2 for the 360, unfortunately. :(

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

3? I think there are at least 10 good characters - Tron Bonne, Storm, Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, Cyclops, Doctor Doom, Strider Hiryu, Iron Man, and even Dhalsim are all worth playing. I personally find Ryu to be not bad either, but he lacks the full-screen projectile attacks most of the other characters have.And no, I don't have MvC2 for the 360, unfortunately. :(
Sentinel storm magneto is all you ever need. :DAnyway lol, I like playing as blackheart, Captain Commando, Akuma, Shuma-Gorath, Thanos, Omega red and Guile. but. :( can't play it with you then.You have mshvssf for like mame or something? then we could play that.

Gamers rise up, not down

I have MvC (the original - not MSHvsSF) for MAME, as that's the only one I could legitimately get - do you have that?

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I have MvC (the original - not MSHvsSF) for MAME, as that's the only one I could legitimately get - do you have that?

yes.
Cool - maybe we can play each other sometime :)

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 4 weeks later...

I got Winter Soldier number 2 a few days ago, Captain America and Bucky 628, and I got the Red Skull: Incarnate graphic novel. On my way out, I saw Civil War: Frontline, and I'm still chewing myself out for not bringing more money to get it.

Frontline is amazing. I haven't read Winter Soldier yet. Is it any good?

• 2 weeks later...