Toa Lewa & Kongu

Pohaturon

A reimagining of Lewa and Kongu, built for New Elementary. You can check out the post and more images here: https://www.newelementary.com/2020/11/66960-lego-ninjago-energy-burst-hinge.html

Toa Lewa & Kongu

Inthert came up with the idea that inspired Kongu's mask.

:kakama:

• Like 10

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

This a crime nobody has commented yet. It could be a little more colorful (way too much grey to my taste, especially for Air guys) but it's a real nice assortment of old and recent pieces! The little guy has a creative design, but I'm not really at ease calling him Kongu - he's just so different from the Matoran we know, you might as well give him an original name. Other than that, I think it's really cool!

I disagree with the above opinion, I like how the teal seems to be Lewa's "skin" and the grey seems to be some armor of sorts.
I like to think the trans light green bits are leaves of sorts, and the armor is composed of some biomechanical flora.
I do have to agree that the little creature doesn't really strike me as Kongu...
It seems like he has been turned into a mascot-like moneky pet thing... But the design itself is excellent nonetheless!

• Like 1

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Great mixing of G1, G2, and even Slizers. The rubber bands also create some very dynamic angles.

The color I am unsure of. It definitely takes its tone from G2, but I suppose it's better than an overly busy color scheme.

I will never be able to see a specially-made hand piece without seeing it as a hand. I just see a five-fingered hand holding Kongu's legs where his crotch should be.

On the whole, though, excellent models.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I don't think I really like the teal on Lewa.  I've never been a fan of teal outside of McToran Kongu, where it had lime green to offset it; on this MoC, where silver and other neutral tones are the most dominant colors, it just looks kinda ugly.

That said, these are some really good-looking designs (as is typical for Pohaturon MoCs!).  Whatever those silver/apple green armor pieces are, you've done a fantastic job with them.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )