Which console game do you like the best?

Lenny7092

Which console game do you like the best?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, guys. You know that we have only two console Bionicle games, Bionicle: The Game in 2003 and Bionicle Heroes in 2006. Both of them may have negative to mixed reviews, but they do have some good charm, so they are forgivable, like most modern Sonic the Hedgehog games. People always drill into these games and find some unused content. Plus, people are so obsessed with Heroes that they want the game to be remastered and remade, and make it playable in PS4/PS5, XBox One, and Nintendo Switch. One of you guys is fixing the game’s problems and make things look more like the sets and make things more reasonable. 

In opinion, I believe Heroes is much better than the 2003 game because: 

1. Every Piraka has their own four levels. In the 2003 game, there are 8 rather than 13. I mean, the 2003 game only has two levels for Tahu Mata and Kopaka Mata, 5 levels every Toa Nuva except Kopaka, and one for Takanuva. That’s lame. I get that it was planned to have 13 levels, but got reduced to 8 because of time constraints, but yes. Heroes made every Piraka equal to each other. That’s a good thing. 
2. The characters look almost exactly like their sets, and have good graphics. In the 2003 game, though, the characters kind of don’t look accurate, and the graphics are kind of ugly. 
3. The game has longer levels that do more variety and freedom to move along without being stuck on doing some things much. In the 2003 game, you are limited to have Kopaka Mata do snow-sliding and Tahu Nuva do lava-surfing. You never put their feet on the ground. 
4. It has a better sense of nostalgia because it has most of the stuff from 2001-2006. The 2003 game lacked some stuff, like the 2001 storyline. 

To be honest with the 2003 game, it does have voice actors. I wish Heroes’ characters could talk, like Balta. Lego’s Traveler’s Tales games do have talking characters since 2012, so yeah. Plus, there are a little more variety on the bosses, and Heroes was a little more tedious with the levels. I also question why the intro scene in Heroes with Balta taking to a Toa having different graphics from the rest of the game. 

Both games have good music. 

Both games do have some flaws in common, like the glitches and some inaccurate stuff to the sets. 

There was a sequel for the 2003 game planned, which is based on the 2004 storyline, but got cancelled, sadly. There weren’t any plans for making a sequel for Bionicle Heroes, thought I wish there could have been since the game is very good. I would imagine the sequel to be based on the 2007 storyline, with the Toa Nuva and Toa Hordika weapons for the Toa Mahri. Also, I wish there are more console games like these two, and remastered remakes that make things better and more accurate to the sets, have better graphics, get rid of the glitches, include voice actors in Bionicle Heroes, give the 2003 five more levels and perhaps expand the levels that are already there, add more stuff in the games, like Turaga and Rahkshi in the 2003 game and Matoran and The Kardas Dragon in Heroes, and make Heroes’ levels a little more reasonable, like the boss fights, textures on the Piraka’s weapons, and avoid having Vezon replace the Piraka. Plus, I would imagine the games to have CCBS for modernization. Perhaps with extra modes, too. It’s like Crash Bandicoot in 2017 and Spyro in 2018 when their original trilogies are remastered and remade, and the same goes to SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom in this June, Kirby Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land in 2002, and Kirby Super Star Ultra. People are into these things, you know.

So, answer the questions. Also, which game would you like remastered and remade? :)

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot some things.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Bionicle 2003: A mediocre game in terms of gameplay and graphics that cruelly suffered from rushed development. Those pre-release trailers and cutscenes just upset me because we never got to see the game the developers had planned. Playing each Toa Mata fighting the Rahi and the Bohrok, then defeating each of the Rahkshi (instead of only three of them) as the Toa Nuva will forever be a dream. Although, if the core gameplay and mechanics would have been the same, you could have probably expected a longer but still average experience.

The game wasn't all that bad. It had a nice soundtrack that conveyed the atmosphere of the levels nicely and tension during battles. Some designs, in terms of aesthetic at least, were all right - Gali's level is hand down my favorite depiction of Ga-Koro. My real beefs with the game are, same as you, that playing some characters boils down to a mini-game instead of platforming (poor Pohatu and Kopaka) and the rushed storytelling. You shouldn't have expected an epic tale like the movie, but it still upsets me how rushed the ending is: the mask of light is finally mentioned when there was only a brief foreshadowing at the end of level 1, Takua turns into Takanuva then effs off two seconds later, right in front of a confused Tahu, and goes to defeat Makuta and fuse with him, and none of the Toa are here for the final scene. They basically became background characters in the movie the moment Takanuva but this is a new level of "Those characters you love don't matter in the end".

Yeah, not the Bionicle gaming experience I was hoping for when I got it as a kid.

Heroes: The bar is raised but not by much. The game has much more content and a longer lifespan, but to me it doesn't mean much when the game is extremely repetitive. There's really nothing that makes any of the levels stand out, nor the worlds for that matter. The campaign's experience all boils down to going into a world, beating a level with a Rahkshi at the end, beating a boss-less level, beating a level with a Titan at the end, then finally confronting the Piraka followed by Vezon. The only real things that change are the environment, the soundtrack, the color of the Rakshi, the Titan, the Piraka and the funny cutscenes. That aside, you've basically played all the game had to offer. I'm harsh but when I look back at it, that's basically what is.

I was also quite disappointed it didn't go and try to tell a lore-accurate story and instead went with the Piraka goofing around while the Toa are not characters but simply armors/masks for the nameless protagonist to wield as he shoots at a bunch of enemies and characters who have no reason to be here except for fan service I guess - Roodaka, Sidorak, Nidiki, Kreka, what are you doing here?, and why are you working with Reidak, Axonn? It's all nice putting so many characters together, but I'd rather have played as the Toa as their own characters helping the Matoran resistance take down the Piraka and free the enslaved Voyatorans, with more than one character speaking to go with it. It seems you just can't get a satisfying story, if an actually existing one.

Not to say it's all trash. The OP had a nice array of styles that conveyed each world's theme (the entirety of Avak's fortress is an absolute banger) and I had fun with the bonus content - I would laugh my off at the cutscenes with the Piraka on the beach.

I put Heroes higher on the list than the 2003 game, but the gap isn't that large. There are things that the 2003 game did better, like capturing the spirit of Bionicle and its sense of adventure, instead of making it a bunch of funny cutscenes, but Heroes stands above by virtue of being a complete game.

There's a lore more I could say, but I think that nails my main thoughts on the matter.

It's a shame City of Legends was cancelled cos 2004 and 2005 were my favorite years in terms of lore and storytelling. Now can we assume it would have been a better a game if it had been greenlighted and not another run-of-the-mill plaftormer? I dunno, but for now, I know I'll be trying Legend of Mata Nui Rebuilt and always keep an eye on fan projects, if they actually go somewhere.

Edited by PlasmaJaller

A couple years ago I ordered the 03 game from either ebay or amazon, but it came in without the disk. While disappointed, I was too lazy to do anything about it, and to this day I have never played it.

Heroes however is a different story. I played it so much back in elementary school that I got a mild rash on my back from being glued to the sofa so much...

Childhood, eh?

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

I had fun with the 03 game, despite being a little disappointed that they skipped over so much of the story. I hated some of the levels like the Kopaka one and the part of the Lewa one where you have to glide behind the bird. I know the game isn't really good, but at the time I enjoyed it.

Though I'll have to say Heroes is the better game by far. Sure, it's really repetitive and easy, but younger me still enjoyed seeing all the Bionicle characters, even though I knew it was all out of place. I enjoyed playing as the Inika (sort of) and the funny cutscenes with the Piraka. Plus the soundtrack is good. The DS version is better though lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bambi said:

I had fun with the 03 game, despite being a little disappointed that they skipped over so much of the story. I hated some of the levels like the Kopaka one and the part of the Lewa one where you have to glide behind the bird. I know the game isn't really good, but at the time I enjoyed it.

Though I'll have to say Heroes is the better game by far. Sure, it's really repetitive and easy, but younger me still enjoyed seeing all the Bionicle characters, even though I knew it was all out of place. I enjoyed playing as the Inika (sort of) and the funny cutscenes with the Piraka. Plus the soundtrack is good. The DS version is better though lol.

What does the DS version do better than the console game? I'm genuinely curious.

So. I'm being weird by being that guy who gives Heroes a (mildly) better ranking than B:tG... and yet still votes the 2003 game in the final round.

It's silly and I'm nostalgic, I know that. I replayed Bionicle: the Game a couple of years ago and found it thoroughly mediocre and distinctly lacking in polish... purely in terms of polishing and finishing and coherent gameplay, Heroes has it outclassed by a mile.

And yet.

PlasmaJaller up there summed up everything I dislike about Heroes in their first paragraph about that game. It's repetitive to the max, there's little sense of doing much more than following a pre-defined pathway and shooting everything that moves... every level started, after a while, to feel to me like it was completely linear except for slight detours to find canisters. And the lack of real challenge bugs me a little, too; I've never once lost all my lives playing through Bionicle Heroes. Not even once.

And that, to me... just makes it a bit of a dull game?

Whereas, The 2003 Game... yeah, it hasn't aged well. It's unpolished and messy. And glitchy in places. And short. And the story is a hot mess. But the fact that each level is a fun romp with its own unique gimmick, even if said levels aren't challenging nowadays either? That's what really makes that game for me. I love the variation between walking levels and non-walking ones, the fact that they all play a little differently from each other. I like being able to climb and jump all over the scenery, something that just isn't possible in Heroes. And it gives me a feeling of being immersed in the world of my childhood that Heroes lacks.

I guess what I'm saying is, I can completely agree that Heroes is the better game. But for myself, I'd rather take the bad game that I can get fun out of regardless, than the better game that I personally find repetitive and a bit tedious.

Might just be the nostalgia goggles talking, though. Or maybe I just prefer platformers to shooters generally, there's that too xD

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."