What if 2006-2008 had been adapted by Miramax?

PlasmaJaller

da0q6mj-6f3fbbce-3f86-4585-b75c-4e6eee9c

Speculation topic for what it could have been like if Miramax had adapted years 2006, 2007 and 2008 into movies. How much would the stories have differed from the current canon we know today ?

The year that interests me the most would be 2006 with all the characters it takes into account: the Toa Inika, the Piraka, the Voyatoran resistance, the Toa Nuva, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezok and probably Karzani - although I think it would be best to cut him from the film, unless you were going with a two parts movie. Clearly, all those characters wouldn't have gotten the same share of screentime, especially in a one-hour movie Part of the problem would be the Piraka being individuals with full-fledged personalities, instead of mooks like the Rahkshi and the Vahki were. Clearly some characters would be more prominent than others on both Toa and Piraka side.

The way I picture it, Jaller and Hahli would automatically be front of center due to seniority. However, it is obvious Matoro would also get a pretty big role. Jaller, as the protagonist, would the leader struggling to take the best decisions and protect his team, with Hahli as his emotional support and love interest, building up from where MoL left them. Matoro, as the deuterotagonist, would be introduced as the weakest and least confident Toa, enough to make the viewers sympathize with him - if done right. Through trust and perseverance, both characters would lift each other up and become full-fledged Toa heroes by the end of the movie. By making newcomer Matoro an equal to Jaller, you would have the groundwork set for his decisive role in 2007.

As for the villains, I think Zaktann and Vezok would be the most prominent Piraka, since the former was the leader and the latter was the face of all the promotional work. Hopefully, they would all get their time to shine, but I think it would be hard when you also have Brutaka and Vezon to consider. Something tells me you would have probably gotten a few lines from Avak and Thok at the very best. That is, however, if Miramax was to get rappers to voice the entire team. Someone made that joke once and I wouldn't underestimate LEGO considering how hard they pushed "the gang is on the loose". The worst that could happen wouldn't be the voice performance but the Piraka taking screentime away from characters and their development.

Considering how drastic the tone shift was from the second half of the franchise, I wonder if Miramax could have landed the hit in keeping the soul and atmosphere from the previous movies.

That's my vision for 2006, what about y'all?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I always wanted a Miramax trilogy between the one in 2003-2005 and The Legend Reborn in 2009. It would be nice to see more of the Matoran or Mata Nui doing stuff and become Toa. 

I would imagine the intro scene where Vakama was talking about what happened in the end of the movie in 2003. Then, we get a quick glimpse of the Toa Nuva getting beaten by the Piraka and Brutaka.  
Takanuva and six Matoran would go to the island of Karzahni, but Takanuva couldn’t go there, so he left. The Matoran went in there and got tortured by Karzahni the tyrant. Then, they use the canisters to leave the island and head to Voya Nui. That’s where they become Toa. It’s like 15 minutes of screen time in the movie. The Toa Ignika would learn about their abilities and meet the Voya Nui Resistance Team. The Matoran arm the Toa with Zamor Launchers that can cure Piraka’s enslaved Matoran. Then, the Toa fight the Piraka and Brutaka. The Piraka would bicker here and there. Axonn fights Brutaka alone while the Toa go after the Piraka. Both teams survive crazy stuff in the Mask of Life’s crazy place. They also encounter Vezon, who wears the Mask of Life on the back of his head, and has Fenrakk with him. Vezon defeats the Piraka before he fights the Toa in a final showdown. Vezon had Fenrakk jump into the lava, where the mask turns Fenrakk into Kardas. The Toa fight the dragon, but they couldn’t defeat him. Meanwhile, the Matoran go to save the Toa Nuva and inform them about what just happened. The Toa Inika use a Zamor to freeze Vezon and Kardas, so Matoro can get the mask. Well, there’s the sad part where Kardas makes Matoro let go of the mask, and the mask flew into the water. Then, the Toa go after by entering a cave that Axonn presented to get it. The movie would be called Island of Doom. 

Then, there’s the 2007 movie, called Sea of Darkness. It would begin with Vakama saying what happened at the end of the 2006 movie. While the Toa are coming back the cord, the Barraki attacked the Matoran of Mahri Nui and stole the Mask from Dekar. After the Toa fought the Zyglak, the mask transformed the Toa into the Toa Mahri. The Toa go to see the Matoran of Mahri Nui. Then, the Toa fight against the Barraki and their minions on every corner. Along the way, the mask turns Dekar into a clone of Hydraxon, who thinks the Toa and Barraki are criminals and the Mask should be destroyed, so he gets in the way. Gadunka got enlarged by the mask, and he wants to get it. He eventually allies with the giant eel and the giant organic creature. Makuta took control of a Maxilos robot and talked to Matoro about what he should do to help the Great Spirit Mata Nui. During the battles, the Toa got the mask while Makuta is dealing with the Barraki and Hydraxon. Hydraxon confront the Toa about the mask, but the Toa convinced him that the mask is needed to heal Mata Nui, so Hydraxon learned from his mistakes and let them go. Thr Toa told the Matoran to get out of the Mahri Nui and Voya Nui, so they will destroy the Cord. Voya Nui sinks into the ocean, heading to where it came from. Matoro tries to save Mata Nui, but Mata Nui died. However, Matoro’s friends encourage Matoro to revive Mata Nui, so Matoro goes to where he should do it where his friends hold the Barraki off. Matoro sacrifices himself to use the mask to resurrect the Great Spirit. Along the way, he brought the Toa to Metru Nui to save them from the Barraki. Vakama told the Toa about Matoro fate before everyone celebrates Mata Nui’s revival. It’s a sad ending. 

Now, for the 2008 movie, called Battle for Power. It would begin with Vakama talking about what happened with the Toa Nuva since the 2006 movie and the Toa Mahri’s actions in the 2007 movies. The Toa Nuva go to the island of Artakha, where they meet Artakha the ruler. Artakha gives the Toa the Adaptive Armor to prepare them for the final part of their mission to reawaken the Great Spirit Mata Nui. Artakha teleports them to Karda Nui, where a battle between the Brotherhood of Makuta and Av-Matoran happens. The Toa help the Matoran fight off the Makuta warriors. Then, the Toa would sense that they have been to Karda Nui before. They split up into two groups of three. The Phantoka team take care of the skies while the Mistika team take care of the swamp. Along the way, the Mask of Life gets a body for itself after it was thinking about Matoro’s heroism and then is able to fly in the skies. The Phantoka Toa, their Av-Matoran partners, and Toa Ignika destroy the Shadow Leech Hive and fight the Phantoka Makuta, their Matoran partners, Mutran and Vican, and Icarax. The Mistika Toa fight the Mistika Makuta. Both Toa teams collect all six of the Keystones. Meanwhile, Takanuva was attacked by a Shadow Leech sent by Icarax. Helryx told showed Takanuva the history of the Toa Mata before she had Brutaka send Takanuva to Karda Nui. The Toa teams reunite to fight against the Makuta, who have reunited as well. Takanuva appeared on Karda Nui and joined the fight. Icarax told Toa Ignika about the mask doing a horrible countdown, so Toa Ignika told the Toa Nuva about it. Toa Takanuva told the Toa about the Karda Nui getting ravaged by the Energy Storms when they are done reawakening Mata Nui. The eight Toa fight against the six Makuta while Icarax gets killed for betrayal and Mutran is hiding somewhere to creating a Rahi as a hobby. Then, the Toa use vehicles to fight Antroz with the Jetrax T6. Mutran created a Rahi called a Klakk, but he didn’t know that this Rahi can cure the Shadow Matoran, so when Vican noticed this when the Rahi changed him back, he told Takanuva and the Av-Matoran about it, so Takanuva used the Rahi to cure every Shadow Matoran in Karda Nui. He had anger issues when fighting the Makuta along the way, but Kopaka made Takanuva come to his senses. Takanuva then got himself and Gavla cured, so every Shadow Matoran and Takanuva are cured. Takanuva told every Matoran about the Energy Storms and sent them out of Karda Nui. Krila noticed this and tried to want the Makuta about the storms, but Gorast killed Krika. The Toa Mistika told Toa Ignika to reawaken Mata Nui in the Codrex, but Ignika didn’t want to do it, but the Toa convinced him to. Tahu got matured. When Ignika was done sacrificing his body to reawaken Mata Nui, the storms happened and killed every Makuta in there. All seven Toa escaped from Karda Nui with the three vehicles. Mata Nui rose from the island of Mata Nui, and stood tall along the way. However, when the Toa went back to Metru Nui and then praised by Turaga Dume as heroes, Makuta Teridax announced that he was able to control the Great Spirit Mata Nui’s gigantic body, put Mata Nui’s spirit into the mask, and then sent the mask out of the body and into outer space. This scared people in the Matoran Universe. Mata Nui, inside the mask, said “I will return”. This is a sad ending and a sad way to end the trilogy. That’s where The Legend Reborn happen.

I would imagine every character would have their voice actors, and some of these characters would share the actors. Also, the voice actors the characters who appeared in the Miramax trilogy would reprise their roles (well, I’m not sure about Hewkii’s voice actor, though. Same would sort of go to voice actors for Jaller, Hahli, and Kongu). There aren’t much evil minions. 

If Miramax would make TLR, that would be super-freaky because people in Spherus Magna are organic. 

It would have been nice if the fifth and sixth movies have been made. Their cancelations haunt me. :( I basically like trilogies.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)