Artakha Version 1

creado para el concurso de TTV, esta fue mi interpretación del personaje Artakha.

Artakha_09.thumb.jpg.dbe35c33c2a3d014ada12c7c92cd9219.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

107036104_10222183389674954_3460285632320628392_o.thumb.jpg.1b4d57d6e0cd74b267c354399f87e6e3.jpg 23756572545_183ffb27aa_o.thumb.png.781f1ffb252191fdc118ef217612c3a2.png

Before the contest Artakha was a character that I started working this year as a hobby, in this version I tried to replicate what I worked with Karzahni based on my interpretation of the character, however to participate in the contest it was considered that the figure wasn´t ready to be presented in the competition so it was reworked from the beginning proposing a more orderly concept in colors but which in turn would require more experimentation with the sand green color and get more if necessary.

Artakha_10.thumb.png.d145957be244c83a5cf20d307703f0a2.png

Reviewing the pieces available in the color, I concluded that I should play with simple pieces like the "Ball sockets joins" that Zaktan brings to use them as part of the structure so the sand green tone would be noticed without problems and as a secondary color it was between gray and green dark in a way I wanted to maintain an order in the tones and the gray allowed the sand green tone to stand out without problems, looking for the use for the ben 10 pieces, I decided to use the torso armor for the character's shoulder pads and thus amplify the green tone of the model, this was also influenced by seeing how the models of the line use large pieces to give that sensation of strength in the character.

Lego pieces were also used for small details, these same easy to remove, I also put my efforts in making a construction that was dynamic so that the limbs such as legs, arms as well as the pelvis of the character can be separated and kept without touching the joints of the figure, also thinking about the stature of the figure, and the elements that accompany it, I concentrated on making the figure as stable as possible. 

Artakha_12.thumb.png.7329b7d997adfb0bfc9b4d33a9da677a.png

En cuanto al martillo, era otro elemento que si o si había que corregirlo, hacerlo más ligero para que fuera más fácil para la figura manejarlo y con lo que tenía a mano, antes de publicar esta versión una versión con más Las piezas de Lego se habían logrado ligeras pero hubo que descartarlas por la sección de piezas de Lego que ves ahí, finalmente también se agregó una modificación que permite poner el martillo donde está, lo que yo llamo "falso engranaje".

Hammer_piece_01.thumb.jpg.0d8c24ad3948895063563a90f9bab1b0.jpg

d.thumb.png.33c51640253053fe17071fa19d4a54b8.png

I hope you enjoyed this little post thanks :3

Artakha_05.png

Edited by vicente steffens
I try to remember how to add images through links
  • Like 6

Nice MOC with some pretty nice ideas. It has better proportions than the winner of the TTV tournament, I'll tell you that. Some parts are very creative in how the pieces are used, especially the hands, the feet and the hammer.

If I can make a few remarks, though, the marks on the mask really sticks out from the rest of the color scheme. I don't know whether another color would have been better or if the mask was better left unaltered. Still, it clearly came from a good idea.
I also am not fond of the torso. I feel like it is too short and, while I do appreciate the nod to the Mata torsos, with the two side cylinders, it creates an upsetting gap in the middle. I guess it works better for Karzahni since his waist is much thinner than Arthaka's thicker build.

Not a winner for TTV, but definitely a cool concept. You do feel the connection with Karzhanni, who also looks great!

Edited by PlasmaJaller

2 hours ago, PlasmaJaller said:

Nice MOC with some pretty nice ideas. It has better proportions than the winner of the TTV tournament, I'll tell you that. Some parts are very creative in how the pieces are used, especially the hands, the feet and the hammer.

If I can make a few remarks, though, the marks on the mask really sticks out from the rest of the color scheme. I don't know whether another color would have been better or if the mask was better left unaltered. Still, it clearly came from a good idea.
I also am not fond of the torso. I feel like it is too short and, while I do appreciate the nod to the Mata torsos, with the two side cylinders, it creates an upsetting gap in the middle. I guess it works better for Karzahni since his waist is much thinner than Arthaka's thicker build.

Not a winner for TTV, but definitely a cool concept. You do feel the connection with Karzhanni, who also looks great!

Regarding the mask, it is a particular case, I did not paint it, on the contrary, it came to the person to whom it was commissioned, had not confirmed anything and it came painted, for my part I had in mind between leaving it in silver or painting the symbols in green but not having the model defined, it just stayed there and when the one who prints and paints showed me the work I was in doubt, since it was a painting job that I had previously seen for another client, it is something that I should see in Detail because it cost me in part the disqualification of the contest.
In part the time to be able to receive or go for the mask was an issue that I had to see for a long time given the pandemic situation.

On the torso it can be seen short in the photos, but structurally the proportion of the body is long, in positive terms it provides good articulation and in a certain way the addition of a layer changes the appearance of the moc a lot, not to mention that it worked with a limited amount of sand green parts and the idea was that the silver tone section would not obstruct the green section much as well as not limiting the hip joint.

If it would be a winner of the ttv contest, it does not matter, because at the end of the day the result of whether it is canon or not is the least of it, considering how little care these contests currently take in my opinion.

Wow!

This MOC is now my headcanon of what Artakha looks like. I dig the use of sand green and dark bluish gray, as those are the colors I'd always envisioned myself. He looks strong and sturdy, but not overly geared toward combat, which is fitting. His bulky build with the large hands suggests a blacksmith or craftsman just as much as a warrior. I really like the design of the feet, which remind me of a more intricate version of the modified Hordika feet used on sets like Kalmah and Malum. The system-based design of the hammer is a pleasant surprise, as well as the choice of classic-yellow eyes and the custom mask. Whoever designed that really captured the BIONICLE aesthetic, though my small nitpick would be that those blue runes be colored gray instead to match the rest of the model. I'm also glad you didn't cover him in greebles or unnecessary crafting tools, making this seem more like a set LEGO would have actually produced than an overly-stylized representation.

And it's worth noting that this build was instantly recognizable to my girlfriend, whose only knowledge of the BIONICLE lore comes from my comparing certain parts to her favorite story Lord of the Rings. I always compare Artakha and Karzahni to the Elven smiths from that series, and she was like, "Hey, is this that one guy you told me about?" 

Awesome job!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 9:11 PM, Disciple said:

Wow!

This MOC is now my headcanon of what Artakha looks like. I dig the use of sand green and dark bluish gray, as those are the colors I'd always envisioned myself. He looks strong and sturdy, but not overly geared toward combat, which is fitting. His bulky build with the large hands suggests a blacksmith or craftsman just as much as a warrior. I really like the design of the feet, which remind me of a more intricate version of the modified Hordika feet used on sets like Kalmah and Malum. The system-based design of the hammer is a pleasant surprise, as well as the choice of classic-yellow eyes and the custom mask. Whoever designed that really captured the BIONICLE aesthetic, though my small nitpick would be that those blue runes be colored gray instead to match the rest of the model. I'm also glad you didn't cover him in greebles or unnecessary crafting tools, making this seem more like a set LEGO would have actually produced than an overly-stylized representation.

And it's worth noting that this build was instantly recognizable to my girlfriend, whose only knowledge of the BIONICLE lore comes from my comparing certain parts to her favorite story Lord of the Rings. I always compare Artakha and Karzahni to the Elven smiths from that series, and she was like, "Hey, is this that one guy you told me about?" 

Awesome job!

Thank you, the truth is that you were very correct in the reading that I wanted the design to represent, thank you very much !!