BIONIFIGS Interviews Greg Farshtey

The French Bionicle fansite BIONIFIGS recently sat down virtually with the one and only Greg Farshtey to discuss Bionicle past, present, and future (or lack thereof). You can go read it in English or French to see what the author had to say. There's definitely a couple of nice anecdotes and nostalgic references in there, and it's good to see Greg still has fond memories of the theme. Go give it a read!

View the full article

• Like 1

That was a blast. Sometimes Greg can come off as really pessimistic but it's still heartwarming to hear him say working on the comics was a joyful experience. It felt like reading his responses in the OGD like it was all those years ago. It is so cool of him to still take an interest in the line. It does so much to keep the fanbase together, imo.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

36 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

Right. 

Anyway, I’m surprised that they never asked Greg about Bionicle G1 and Hf sharing the same universe. I have a topic about it: 

Greg would def say no because HF is canonically somewhere in our universe and BIONICLE definitely isn't.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

6 minutes ago, Master Inika said:

Greg would def say no because HF is canonically somewhere in our universe and BIONICLE definitely isn't.

I think he said “There’s no connection” three years ago (Google it), but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t share the same universe in my theory (some fans are rooting for it and are thinking the same thing as I do, too). Anything with Lego can happen, like The Lego Movie Universe and the fact that Legends of Chima became a part of Ninjago in 2015. It’s just that HF and Bionicle aren’t active, so Greg just doesn’t say that Bionicle G1 and HF do share the same universe. It’s up to Lego to let that happen (well, Lego would make the themes active to do so). We have canonization contests nowadays, so yeah. It’s like Indiana Jones and Star Wars when there is a logical theory about them sharing the same universe, and I think their makers said that same thing as Greg, but it is still possible. Depends on Disney. That’s my theory. There’s nothing contradicting in Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories. Ask Vezon about it. Lol. It’s like Dexter’s Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls G1 implying that they do share the same universe when they both have a character named Major Glory, despite the two franchises not doing a special crossover. People are into shared universes, like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, these days. (Shrugs)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I wonder what does that mean for Bionicle? Plus, Hero Factory? I mean, their future next year? Like celebrating Bionicle’s 20th anniversary and HF’s 11th anniversary? We may do canonization contests, but what about re-continuing and ending Bionicle’s G1 story and HF’s story? I mean, is there hope for these themes? I’m scared and anxious. :(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)