Best Lego Villain(s)?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! :) We see that Lego has shown a lot of villains lately in their themes, so let me ask you this: Who do you think is the greatest Lego villain? For me, well, here’s this: 

1. Makuta Teridax from Bionicle (this dude did a complicated plan to take over 40-million-foot-tall robotic body that contained a world and tried to use it to take over the outside universe, starting with Bara Magna). 

2. The Overlord from Ninjago (this dude is a survivor who doesn’t give up easily. He is powerful and cunning, and has two armies). 

3. Lord Garmadon from Ninjago (this dude is a powerful and power-hungry fighter who wanted to steal the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu, wants to take over the world of Ninjago, and hurts his own family’s feelings, mostly his son’s).

4. Lord Business from The Lego Movie (this dude hates imagination and wanted to make things his restricting way. He has an army of robots of various kinds and tried to use Krazy Glue on people). 

5. Monstrox and Jestro from Nexo Knights (the duo love to talk and dislike each other. Monstrox is a manipulative and crazy wizard who is always hungry for power, can take on many forms, and uses magical stuff to make himself more powerful. He is so mean to people. Jestro is a sad lieutenant who is always manipulated to become insane and do wrong things). 

6. Sir Fangar from Legends of Chima (this dude is obsessed with power, and wants it make the Phoenix King feel bad. He has an army of people, and they can freeze people and the world of Chima). 

7. Cragger and his sister from Legends of Chima (the sister is a mean girl who is jealous of her brother, so she mind-controlled him. However, Cragger went so crazy that he wanted to steal CHI and take over the world of Chima for himself, and it is all his sister’s fault). 

8. Scorm from Legends of Chima (He is a crazy military leader who doesn’t give up in getting the CHI orbs to conquer the world of Chima, and he doesn’t hesitate in squishing his enemies. He can mind-control people with his magical stinger). 

9. Master Chen from Ninjago (this dude is a manipulative and power-hungry deceiver who always make good guys go against each other) 

10. Von Nebula and Black Phantom from Hero Factory (both are powerful and crazy masterminds who want to destroy Hero Factory. Von wants to destroy the factory so bad because he made a mistake long ago, and he hates Stormer for it. BP is a savage guy who harasses people). 

11. King Nixel and Major Nixel from Mixels (both hate Mixels because they’re colorful and love to mix. They command armies of Nixels to try to destroy the Mixels and their Cubits. Major Nixels is good with technology while the King uses Nixels to make himself bigger and powerful). 

12. The Joker from The Lego Batman Movie (not sure if a DC Comics character count, but this crazy dude wants Batman to admit that he is Batman’s greatest enemy. When Batman didn’t agree with the Joker, the Joker became so upset that he summoned an army of non-DC villains to defeat Batman and destroy Gotham City). 

13. Rex Dangervest from The Lego Movie 2 (he is Emmet’s older self who has a corrupt heart and a wrong way of thinking about life. He tricked Emmet into making everyone miserable as revenge for not helping him. Rex has a huge ship and has velociraptors as an army. He’s also basically an evil counterpart to Marvel’s Star-Lord). 

14. Mister Frown and his bosses from UniKitty (this guy lives in a dark and unhappy place, and he hates happiness so much that he wants to make everything unhappy. He also has bosses who has the same hearts that he does). 

15. Iron Baron from Ninjago (this dude is mean, manipulative, and selfish, and likes to kill dragons to eat them. He ran an army of hunters called Dragon Hunters to hunt the dragon down. He turned the Ultra Dragon into a throne. He tried to use the Dragon Armor to control the dragons because he thought it could do that). 

16. Witch Doctor from Hero Factory (he is a crazy villain who mind-controlled techno-organic animals and tried to steal some Quaza to become powerful, which can hurt and destroy a planet). 

17. Spinlyn from Legends of Chima (she is a crazy queen with six spider legs who doesn’t like being called ugly and is very feisty). 

18. Ruina Stoneheart from Nexo Knights (she is a possessed and powerful witch who is so mean to her own son named Clay Moorington and tried to control his mind when he was turned into a Stone Monster). 

19. Darth Sidious from Lego Star Wars shorts, specials, and The Freemaker Adventures, and that new Sith lady from TFA (Not sure if Star Wars count, but Sidious is a ruthless and powerful dictator who wants to get what interests him, and he has his servants go get them. He tried to get the Cyber Saber in TFA, hunt down the Freemakers, and use the Key from this year’s holiday special in Disney Plus to change history. The Sith lady is a power-hungry deceiver who wanted to use the Saber to take over the galaxy. She is crazy and selfish). 

20. Lord Vortech from Lego Dimensions (he is a powerful and psychotic mastermind who is so mean to people and wants to take over many dimensions). 

21. Demon Bull King from Monkie Kid (he is a huge and powerful dictator who is obsessed with power, and he is very mean to people. He doesn’t want to give up easily). 

22. The Shadowed One from Bionicle (he is a big and powerful villain and dictator who leads an army of evil bounty hunters called the Dark Hunters, and likes to steal stuff and make profits out of them. He can disintegrate things. He is selfish and manipulative. He is gathering an army of bad guys and has Viruses to harm people). 

23. Velika from Bionicle (he is a very strategic and psychotic deceiver and murderer who wants to take over Spherus Magna. He has an army of Vorox from Bota Magna, and he uses various equipment because he is a Great Beings who switched bodies with a Matoran. One of his equipment is a device that can shut down a Toa’s elemental power. He believes that people from Spherus Magna and the Matoran Universe should have a ruler who knows how to make people live better lives). 

24. Umarak from Bionicle G2 (he is a big and mean hunter who likes to hunt the Elemental Creatures and use their powers. He is very strategic and powerful, and he had two weapons and an army of machines called the Shadow Traps. When he wore the Mask of Control, he turned into a bigger and more powerful monster who can shoot acid from his claws. He can turn the Shadow Traps into Elemental Beasts. He is ruthless). 

Yeah. That’s about it because these guys have character development, unlike ones who never had a TV show or movies. What about you guys? Anyone follow those things? :) 

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 months later...

Makuta is arguably THE greatest Lego villain because of his nature: the chaos of unsorted Lego parts and the destruction of existing models. He's 2 steps away from being a brick separator, or your younger sibling!

Anyone remember the Brickster (Lego Island)? He's Jailbreak Joe with more personality, and wants to steal your bricks!

Or how about Ogel (Alpha Team)? His name is Lego spelled backwards, so he must be super evil!

Baron Von Baron (Adventurers)? Dastardly name, check. Twirly mustache, check. Monocle, check. Facial scar, check. Hook for a hand, check.

• Like 1

As much as I love Vladek, Ogel and Meca-One, they're all basically watered-down versions of Makuta. Evil plan to take over the world, always scowling, dark aesthetic, defeated by power of teamwork and things like that. Come to think of it, though, Ogel is the only villain character who isn't jealous of living in the shadow of someone else (Mata Nui, King Matthias or Sensei Keiken).

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

With a nod to Makuta, I'm here to stand up for The Fire Lord (not Ozai) from Hero Factory.  In terms of motivation (because "best villain" is a very subjective term to be honest) I think he was one of the more interesting villains ever did (or has done?)  I mean I think that great line of his from "Ordeal of Fire" sums it up:

"Once you taste the power, you can't stop. What is evil more than wanting something so much you'll do anything, hurt anyone, to get it?"

He wasn't a conqueror or power hungry (well I guess he was, but different kind of power), he was a simple mining bot who became corrupted and started doing evil things until he didn't have a say in the matter anymore.  Which raises the question, how evil is someone really when their free will has been overridden?  When they can't stop doing evil because there's something wrong with their circuits that it's all they can do. 

Yeah, I know they're lines in "Ordeal of Fire" that show that the Fire Villains liked being bad, I get it; they're villains written for a kids show/franchise. They shouldn't be expected to be perfect or super deep, but I think they deserve some credit all the same. 

• Upvote 1

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Two things:

1. The reason that I made that list of villains in my topic post is because their themes have media, like TV shows and movies, that tell the stories well, and they show character. That guys that you mentioned, Ogel, Baron Von Baron, Meca-One, and Brickster, are from themes that never had media to tell stories, so themes are just soulless themes that never actually tell stories. Well, Exo-Force (Meca-One is from there) has a comic series, but that never continued and it wasn’t much. So, I wouldn’t count him in my list. 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, JAG18 said:

With a nod to Makuta, I'm here to stand up for The Fire Lord (not Ozai) from Hero Factory.  In terms of motivation (because "best villain" is a very subjective term to be honest) I think he was one of the more interesting villains ever did (or has done?)  I mean I think that great line of his from "Ordeal of Fire" sums it up:

"Once you taste the power, you can't stop. What is evil more than wanting something so much you'll do anything, hurt anyone, to get it?"

He wasn't a conqueror or power hungry (well I guess he was, but different kind of power), he was a simple mining bot who became corrupted and started doing evil things until he didn't have a say in the matter anymore.  Which raises the question, how evil is someone really when their free will has been overridden?  When they can't stop doing evil because there's something wrong with their circuits that it's all they can do. 

Yeah, I know they're lines in "Ordeal of Fire" that show that the Fire Villains liked being bad, I get it; they're villains written for a kids show/franchise. They shouldn't be expected to be perfect or super deep, but I think they deserve some credit all the same. 

I would say that Fire Lord would be number 25 in my list because of what you said about him. :) That there’s talking about a villain that have a theme that actually has a story supporter by media.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 8:13 PM, chuckschwa said:

Makuta is arguably THE greatest Lego villain because of his nature: the chaos of unsorted Lego parts and the destruction of existing models. He's 2 steps away from being a brick separator, or your younger sibling!

Anyone remember the Brickster (Lego Island)? He's Jailbreak Joe with more personality, and wants to steal your bricks!

Or how about Ogel (Alpha Team)? His name is Lego spelled backwards, so he must be super evil!

Baron Von Baron (Adventurers)? Dastardly name, check. Twirly mustache, check. Monocle, check. Facial scar, check. Hook for a hand, check.

Literally my list right here. Makuta and the unholy minifig trinity of the Brickster, Ogel, and Baron/Lord Sinister. 

Edited by Bambi
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:54 AM, Bambi said:

Literally my list right here. Makuta and the unholy minifig trinity of the Brickster, Ogel, and Baron/Lord Sinister. 

I don’t get why you praise the unholy guys because they don’t have character development. I mean, they don’t have reasons why they’re evil, and villains that came after them are cooler and have better designs.

3 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I don’t get why you praise the unholy guys because they don’t have character development. I mean, they don’t have reasons why they’re evil, and villains that came after them are cooler and have better designs.

Maybe because they're the ones I was growing up with? Young me didn't need some complex backstory to think someone made a good villain lol.

Edited by Bambi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1