Set Review: 6203 Black Phantom

Eh, It looks pretty good, but I just don't feel like spendnig 20 bucks on a set with so many peices I have.

You do have a point, but the new/ recolored pieces may be worth somewhat close value of the whole set. An added bonus is if you do get it, more pieces to make the combo model if you have rocka

Got the set a while back, it's very well made. Every negative problem from Fire is fixed, from the jumbled color scheme, to the awkward arm supports, to the gappy and under-armored legs, it's all fixed. It's an excellent set IMO.I agree, however, with the flaws listed. After Witch Doctor, BP is (understandably) underwhelming to a degree, being nothing more than a perfected Fire Lord design. I also find fault with the fact that his extra appendages and the tubes attached to them are a different color than his Zamor sphere, blade, and eyes, ruining what could have been a perfectly balanced color scheme. But I suppose it's not that much of a problem.Oh, and the Arachnix Drone is <3-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

My question is this: Is Black Phantom's helmet all one piece, or are those blade things on each side separate pieces?

His helmet is formed by four pieces, a size two cross axle(?), the helmet piece and two horns.I got this set a while back. It's pretty cool, though I agree that the mace staff is clumbersome. And actually, I never got FL or Rocka xl, so for me it was kind of a new design.I'm also not fond of the torso top left bare by the new armor. Still, not a major problem. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I got this set a while for Christmas. He's pretty cool; if it had been my own money spent to get it, I would've done it.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

My question is this: Is Black Phantom's helmet all one piece, or are those blade things on each side separate pieces?

His helmet is formed by four pieces, a size two cross axle(?), the helmet piece and two horns.
Awesome. I guess it's worth getting after all!That's right, I WANT TO BUY AN HF SET!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

His helmet is formed by four pieces, a size two cross axle(?), the helmet piece and two horns.
Awesome. I guess it's worth getting after all!That's right, I WANT TO BUY AN HF SET!
Is it bad that 4 or so months ago when we first saw the official images, my first thought upon seeing Black Phantom was "Oh hey another set MoZ is going to buy because of black helmet Skrall shenanigans." ? Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I am looking for this set as well as Furno. I was looking for Breeze and Thornaxx, but sadly they do not come out until summer in the U.S.A. :(

How do you figure that? I've seen breez.They are winter sets.on a differant note, that spider thing is adorable

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Is it bad that 4 or so months ago when we first saw the official images, my first thought upon seeing Black Phantom was "Oh hey another set MoZ is going to buy because of black helmet Skrall shenanigans." ?
O_OMaybe... afaik that fact wasn't that well-known.In this case it's not just the helmet though: That mace would make a great Skrall weapon, and all the other black pieces can be used to make unique Skrall of all kinds too.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Is it bad that 4 or so months ago when we first saw the official images, my first thought upon seeing Black Phantom was "Oh hey another set MoZ is going to buy because of black helmet Skrall shenanigans." ?
O_OMaybe... afaik that fact wasn't that well-known.In this case it's not just the helmet though: That mace would make a great Skrall weapon, and all the other black pieces can be used to make unique Skrall of all kinds too.
My memory when it comes to remembering random facts about people in BZP is surprisingly amazing.Also creepy.Anyway, I agree about this set being good fodder for Skrall sets. quite a lot of usable parts.

AXKP5KC.png

I am looking for this set as well as Furno. I was looking for Breeze and Thornaxx, but sadly they do not come out until summer in the U.S.A. :(

How do you figure that? I've seen breez.They are winter sets.on a differant note, that spider thing is adorable
Have you seen them in the US? So far, I am pretty sure they have only been released in Europe.By the way, the reason why there is no piece count on the box is because that is how packaging is outside American countries.Thanks for the review! :) I take it you are going to review Breez?~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

No they come out at the end of the month.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I have this set, he is way better than Fire Lord. Black Phantom, compare to Fire Lord, has a better color scheme, no arm support system, and has gaps covered-up. I hated the mace, so I took it off, flipped his weapon around, and turned his weapon into a lance

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

It's been a little bit since our last 2012 Hero Factory review, but fear now!

If you say so. I'M FEARING NOW! AAAGH! :lol:Anyhow, I've had Black Phantom for a while now (a little over a week), and I've had the same problems with the big staff. At first, I took it apart and just used the blade. I keep the Arachnix seperate, instead of using it as a gun.I found it strange that there was no mention of the fact that there are a few different shades of trans-green inside the set, I didn't like that much personally.However, if he ends up the only Breakout set I get, he's definitely worth it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Different people who have supposedly received word from Lego say different things about what they were told. Some say January 31st, some say their release has been pushed back to the summer wave, where they will join the sets being released there. I, myself, was told that they would be released on January 1st by a Lego Customer Service represenative, and look how well that went.I suppose there's nothing to do but wait and see. Anyways, one thing I forgot to mention in my last post regarding Black Phantom was that, apparently, a secondary "function" to the set is that you're able to remove the blade from the end of his mace, detach the Arachnix Drone and let it walk free, and stick the blade in his left hand to give him two melee weapons. I tried it, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It definitely removes some awkwardness from the set, but the mace feels kind of... empty wihout it. Meh.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Different people who have supposedly received word from Lego say different things about what they were told. Some say January 31st, some say their release has been pushed back to the summer wave, where they will join the sets being released there. I, myself, was told that they would be released on January 1st by a Lego Customer Service represenative, and look how well that went.I suppose there's nothing to do but wait and see.Anyways, one thing I forgot to mention in my last post regarding Black Phantom was that, apparently, a secondary "function" to the set is that you're able to remove the blade from the end of his mace, detach the Arachnix Drone and let it walk free, and stick the blade in his left hand to give him two melee weapons. I tried it, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It definitely removes some awkwardness from the set, but the mace feels kind of... empty wihout it. Meh.-Mesonak
I found it was best if you took the suggestion, but took the mace out completely, and had the blade as BP's only weapon.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I heared they changed it to summer. If this case is true, then. :biggrin: Lego should have used that crab back in 2009 on the big mata Nui set as click. Edited by ~Cravix Toa of Balance~

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

Have you seen them in the US? So far, I am pretty sure they have only been released in Europe.By the way, the reason why there is no piece count on the box is because that is how packaging is outside American countries.Thanks for the review! :) I take it you are going to review Breez?~Gata. ;)
I could've sworn I saw a breez...Why are the others shipping than?

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Man, I had planned on getting so many 2012 Hero Factory sets, but I haven't gotten a single one yet. I really should go out and buy some, but Ninjago has become a bit of a higher priority for me (Hero Factory and LEGO City are probably second).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I could've sworn I saw a breez...Why are the others shipping than?
Noone knows why Breez and Thornraxx are held back, and why they are only held back in the US. I think that if they don´t arrive in early February, we can expect them to be released in summer.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

How... strange...I've heard of some weird stuff but...I guess that's just one of those mysteries of life that.we may never know.Like why omega supremes other components appear out of nowhere on the planet he's on.Analysis:inconclusive.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Yay! BP! But seriously, the build is such a cheap reuse. Seeing what they could do with Doctor Bones (My name for Witch Doctor) it is a disappointment. Let's look forward to greater developments in Hero Factory. I like HF almost half as much as Bionicle now. That mace doesn't seem too bad to me, but I don't have the set yet so I can't judge these guys. Oh, and Arachnix is sooooooo cute! :)

Edited by Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Yay! BP! But seriously, the build is such a cheap reuse. Seeing what they could do with Doctor Bones (My name for Witch Doctor) it is a disappointment. Let's look forward to greater developments in Hero Factory. I like HF almost half as much as Bionicle now. That mace doesn't seem too bad to me, but I don't have the set yet so I can't judge these guys. Oh, and Arachnix is sooooooo cute! :)

Not a cheap reuse; more like perfecting a flawed concept. Lego knows people were displeased by Rocka XL and Fire Lord (the only sets which used that build, an entirely new titan design, mind you), so they took fan feedback and decided to perfect it and release a great set using it. Hopefully titans from here on out have new designs, but I wouldn't mind more sets build like this now that Lego's got a handle on how to use it effectively. :)-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I think Lego should use the bionicle build still as well.

There is no "the BIONICLE build", at least not with titan sets. There's BIONICLE's more Technic-based building system, if that's what you're referring to, but really the only way to use this in a Hero Factory model would be to use older BIONICLE and Technic parts instead of Hero Factory parts, and I don't think that'd fit Hero Factory's aesthetic at all.