Lord Of The Rings Project: Sauron

Nuju Metru

Hey y'all!Here's a little something I wanted to share with you guys. It's a minifigure from my upcoming project to make the three Lord of the Rings movies as LEGO sets. Before you point out that LEGO is doing the same, I can assure you that it was my idea first! Literally days after I posted that topic, TLG had to come and swoop my thunder... Anywho, though, this is a very special figure. Took me a while (and some money) to get him together just the way I wanted. But here he is, the Big Bad himself: Sauron. 6739143053_f5616e4679_z.jpg6739143689_c62440ae9a_z.jpg6739144235_886c7d91df_z.jpg6739144789_8992f1838c_z.jpg(Flickr photostream for other previews and bigger pictures)The mace is courtesy of Brickforge. Decals are by me. The helmet is from here. Spraypaint is from... the hardware store?Hope you guys enjoyed! Stay tuned for more previews and the (hopefully!) upcoming revealing of my Fellowship of the Ring sets!Nuju

test2.png

It looks awesome! I'm curious where you got the shoulder armor, it seems like a useful piece for creating minifigs in general. Also I know that Sauron's form in the LOTR movies is depicted in this way, but are you also considering making a Sauron figure of his other form from the Silmarillion?

Coming Soon! Improved version of my epic from the old forums.

So I stopped following the Bionicle storyline after Metru-Nui... if anyone knows of anywhere I can read up on it to catch up pm me with a link.

Wow, Aaron, that is just epic. And, y'know, customized. :P The helmet and shoulder armor have some amazing details to them. The custom printing on the legs and body are also nice. I like that you've used the extra-tall Toy Story figs to make Sauron even more menacing in his height, and I think it works nicely. He'd be a fierce one to see at the head of an army. Nicely done.Also, I know I've seen it before, but I do like your method for creating a gold ring. :):music:

Sauron is Fantastic. I'm really loving the custom helmet, but it looks too bright to me. I seem to remember it being made of a darker metal, like the rest of his armor. The ring is pretty sweet, but maybe you could take off the edging around where the stud used to be? I think that would make it look more like a ring.

wow... this is even more amazing because i watched the fellowship of the ring movie for the first time last week. this is amazing, even though i already saw them on your brickshelf

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sauron is Fantastic. I'm really loving the custom helmet, but it looks too bright to me. I seem to remember it being made of a darker metal, like the rest of his armor. The ring is pretty sweet, but maybe you could take off the edging around where the stud used to be? I think that would make it look more like a ring.

I tried doing that - it was really hard to do evenly without over-sanding, plus the ring looked a bit too narrow without it. The circle just looks neater this way.

It looks awesome! I'm curious where you got the shoulder armor, it seems like a useful piece for creating minifigs in general. Also I know that Sauron's form in the LOTR movies is depicted in this way, but are you also considering making a Sauron figure of his other form from the Silmarillion?

It isn't in my plans - I'm just making the LOTR movies as sets, which is enough custom figures to do without a second Sauron. :P

You know, just from the sig it felt like the fig was a bit odd-proportioned, but seeing that used the long legs, it really looks great!Are you planning to keep him silver or will you colour his armour and helmet in dark gun-metal metallic, like in the movies?

He's going to stay silver, since that's the color I have to work with.

test2.png

This looks great! It looks better than any of the LotR minifigs Lego has revealed so far. (IMO, anyway.) I really like how its helmit looks. Its my favorite thing about this minifig. Its coloring does standout a little when compared to the rest of the minifig, but I think that it makes it look cooler. I'm very interested to see what your other LotR sets will look like.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That seems to be a modified piece from the Alpha Team sets of old - Ogel's shoulder armor, if I'm not mistaken.I'm not a LotR geek, but this is still amazing. Sauron has one of my favorite villain designs ever. I'm sure LEGO can't do as well, even with all their funding. Edited by Angel Bob
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Okay, now THAT is awesome! The helmet must have taken forever to sculpt. Great use of the Woody legs, and the mace you used is perfect with his character.(Man. Haven't posted in these forums for awhile)

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

This is awesome! I'm guessing you couldn't model individual fingers as well (for ring wearing)? :P

Alas, no. The hands would have looked weird that way.

That seems to be a modified piece from the Alpha Team sets of old - Ogel's shoulder armor, if I'm not mistaken.I'm not a LotR geek, but this is still amazing. Sauron has one of my favorite villain designs ever. I'm sure LEGO can't do as well, even with all their funding.

It's actually an '08 Castle Troll shoulderpiece. Thanks for your vote of confidence - I'm sure myself, though, that LEGO's designs will surpass my own efforts.

Best. Custom. Minifigure. Ever! That looks accurate! That deserves to be in a set!How did you do it?

I spraypainted the parts silver, and for areas that needed printing, spraypainted a sheet of labels with the same silver, and printed the decals onto said sheet, covered them with glossy tape, cut them out, and put them in their places. The cape is cut from the black fabric of an old Halloween costume.

test2.png