Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Discussion Topic (OOC)

Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Discussion Topic (OOC)

Happy 2021, and welcome to the final game in the Six Kingdoms trilogy. It's been an absolute thrill the past year with Escapement and Rebirth. Now, let's find out what happens when all the chips are down!

How to Use This Topic:

This topic is where you can discuss Six Kingdoms games with other players (and the GMs) until the end of Apocalypse. Please remember to follow all site, forum, and topic rules in this topic. Please make sure to chat with friends about what stories you want to form together, be they faction quests or personal journeys.

Your GMs: @Unreliable Narrator, @Vezok's Friend, @Eyru

Other Topics Related to This Game:

Once the topic Rules and Character Creation is posted you are able to begin creating characters. Once the Gameplay Topic (IC) is posted and your character profile is approved by GMs you are able to begin playing in Apocalypse. We look forward to playing with you all!

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
added links for gameplay topic
  • Like 6

Happy chat.

Character Creation topic is live. The core rules are up, and expansions (all 7) will be added throughout the rest of my day -- I need lunch first though!

Edit: we've received reports of skakdi's third "miscellaneous" power having been removed. It was not our intention to nerf skakdi and we will look into this. 

Happy chat.

A couple of quick questions regarding character creation, since the survey stated there would be a timeskip of some extent between SKR and SKA.

Whisper was in the midst of completing one of her milestones when SKR ended - Spend a day sharing the body of another being, to learn what life is truly like - so would it be fair to say she completed that step during the interim?

Also, there was some interest from other characters in Metru-Koro about being desecrated by her or having masks infected, so could some of that have occurred during the timeskip, giving those characters some time to have adjusted to their new abilities (similar to Skakdi-Xa characters starting with a kraata), or does it all need to happen in-game?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Are we allowed to start posting our characters now, or should we wait until all the parts of the rules and character creation topic are posted?

edit: hey, I finally have an exo Toa.

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

@Harvali Feel free to begin posting your characters in the appropriate topic for approval. GMs will approve characters after all rules expansions are added.

@Nato the Traveler the gameplay topic (once posted) will answer your question directly. 

EDIT: all 7 current expansions of the rules have been added to the Rules and Character Creation topic. You may fully submit all character profiles, and GMs will begin the approval process.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

Misc. Notes

Hello all, please notify GMs via a comment in the OOC topic if there is something in this initial post that seems really weird -- like a missing paragraph or something. We've been working around the clock to get this all up in time, and some things may have slipped between the cracks.

@Unreliable Narrator is only human after all well think...

Hi, I think there's an egregious typo in that last line. :) 

• Like 2

So, for example, say I want to turn Circuit into a MC. What Role would she have? Circuit is part of the Le-Metru Nuva guard, but she works on Kanohi machines for Viltia in her spare time. Would I make her a Guard or a Producer? Would I have to make a choice between the two and stick to that?

And why does the Minion Character Roles section talk about only three roles to choose from, Crew, Fighter, and Quest Giver, when in the profile provided below, we are to choose from four roles, Crew, Guard, Producer, and Quest Giver?

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

To add to the above, I noticed there's no weapon/equipment section for minions. Is that intentional?

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Kal the Guardian and @Nato the Traveler, thanks for catching the issues with Minion Character rules. Equipment was added in because that got cut accidentally in the transfer from the document to the web version. You'd think that after two months I'd have caught all the errors in the copy, but here we are. :P

To clarify, there are 3 roles for Minion Characters: Crew, Guard, and Quest Giver. An MC has one of these three roles. Please see the rules topic regarding changing a Minion Character's role. It sounds like you're wanting to make Circuit a Quest Giver, as she works a non-combat oriented occupation and offers opportunities for characters to help in upgrading the village's technology (I see you, Quick Travel Jetpack). :) 

Happy chat.

Oh dear. So apparently I've been reading the Desecration Taboo wrong this entire time. I thought I had just misread the new version, but it turns out the old version is the same.

I was under the assumption that if an Aspect has finished his 5th Grand Wish step and he Desecrates someone new, they get a stage 5 Kraata. That's even what is approved this game with Caedast's profile:

13 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

As an Aspect of advanced station and progress, he has a Kraata power of the 6th level. His power is in Quick Healing, which causes him to immediately recover from any serious wounds or injuries, as well as heal other beings by touch with some effort. He can also still desecrate followers, gifting a Kraata ability at the 5th level to his whim in exchange for a favor. Furthermore, he possesses the following taboos:

But in going over the Desecration Taboo, it says "In return, the you transform the heartlight into any one first stage Kraata of the 42 known kraata powers and grafts it to the target."

And I can't find anything that says otherwise or gives an exception.

If an Aspect that has finished his 5th Grand Wish step Desecrates someone new, will they receive a stage 1 Kraata?

On behalf of the players involved in the underground crew at the end of last game, did we end up saving Takadox? 

• Like 1

If it’s alright to ask, why was Mahrika not approved but Collector and Kanohi were? What needs changing in her bio?

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

8 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

On behalf of the players involved in the underground crew at the end of last game, did we end up saving Takadox? 

No, the rahi got away. I'll be writing a bit for a it when I make a post as a summation, but I'm happy to share that player knowledge now. 

8 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Oh dear. So apparently I've been reading the Desecration Taboo wrong this entire time. I thought I had just misread the new version, but it turns out the old version is the same.

I was under the assumption that if an Aspect has finished his 5th Grand Wish step and he Desecrates someone new, they get a stage 5 Kraata. That's even what is approved this game with Caedast's profile:

But in going over the Desecration Taboo, it says "In return, the you transform the heartlight into any one first stage Kraata of the 42 known kraata powers and grafts it to the target."

And I can't find anything that says otherwise or gives an exception.

If an Aspect that has finished his 5th Grand Wish step Desecrates someone new, will they receive a stage 1 Kraata?

I believe the rules you are looking for should be found in the Aspects of Makuta sections under Playable Breeds, along with the Rite of Desecration in Expansion 3.  It should say the newly desecrated gets a desecration kraata at the correct milestone level of the aspect. Let me know if it doesn't!

1 hour ago, Conway said:

Quick desecration question: with Parnassus' desecration at the end of Rebirth, do I need to remove one of their three powers (shadow, fear, ability to use Rites and Taboos) and replace it with their new Kraata power?

Thanks!

No. The rite of desecration in expansion 3 should help in determining what you need to do for his profile. 

@Harvali, I'll look into it.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

Note: whenever an aspect completes their milestone and increases their powers, the desecrated follower's kraata grows to the next stage as well.

That's all I can find that might relate to what you said. But that just sounds like the Kraata Creation Taboo, where they are Stage 1 and only level up upon completing a Grand Wish step, not being adjusted to their Aspects level.

I could be missing it, but I can't find it.

Another thing for Desecration. Last game, the Desecrated had to complete a wish of the Aspect's choosing, potentially unrelated to the Aspect's Grand Wish. This game, the Desecrated is only compelled to help the Aspect complete their Grand Wish. If that is the case, should we ignore the wishes made last game? Or do they still hold true?

I'll look into it. Thanks. 

To provide an explanation of how it *should* work: 

- Players were unhappy with having to agree to a quest immediately, saying it was too restrictive in feedback responses, so this portion was removed for player satisfaction. You may choose to honor previous commitments. 

-The kraata of a desecrated, even newly so, should correlate to most advanced completed for an aspect. Please note, this is specific to aspects desecrating followers as opposed to a desecration by a non-aspect with void sickness and a Nalgene bottle of antidermis. 

Happy chat.

Yeah, I can see how others might think that way. For me, the new ruling restricts, as Cravious had tentative plans of betraying Whira, but now he'll be compelled to help her do all of her Grand Wish steps, and once he's free of the compulsion, she'll be too powerful to overthrow. Not that I care too much, OOC I wanted Whira to accomplish her Grand Wish.

Thank you for the clarification.

Kughii asked me to post this here:

Compiled here are my thoughts on how to classify and further expand on canon elemental powers. In doing so we might create deeper and more complex characters just through elemental control alone.

Elemental Energy and Conversion Rate

Within certain beings lies Elemental Energy. This is a power source that can be expended and regained. Each being has the same amount, and it will recharge on its own over time if expended. If expended, it manifests in the world as the type of element that the being using it is affiliated to. These manifestations come in four major forms.

A being does not use Elemental Energy so much as they release and then control it. In this release lies the Conversion Rate. Each manifestation requires a certain amount of Elemental Energy to be released. This is the bare minimum. However, this is a trained skill, and one can spend as much Elemental Energy on an action as they desire, causing the result to grow stronger if one is trained, or to deform or lose excess Elemental Energy if they are not trained.

For example, one can spend 5% of their Elemental Energy to create a burst of flames, but if they have trained their Conversion rate, they might be able to use 2% of their Elemental Energy to perform the exact same action with the exact same result, thereby someone trained seemingly able to have more Elemental Energy than others, despite that only being a misunderstanding.

Four Forms of Manifestation

Elements manifesting can come in four forms. Generally, a being is not as skilled in one form as they are in another. One might be learned easily, while another might be far harder to understand and use. Once skilled enough, one might be able to combine forms, or use multiple forms at once.

The farther away one does these forms, the more Element Energy that is required to accomplish them. The more precise the manifestation, the more Elemental Energy that is required to perform it.

Create

To Create is to summon your element from nothing but your released Elemental Energy, manifesting your element according to your will where there once was nothing. This might be done by manifesting things that already exist, but creative beings with enough practice can create whatever they wish within the bounds of their element.

For example, one can create a stone chair or a gemstone, like ones they’ve found underground. But one skilled in creativity and well practiced in Creating can manifest a gemstone chair with intricate patterns.

To Create uses the most Elemental Energy to accomplish out of the four forms.

Control

To Control is to take your element already existing in the world and have it obey your commands, jumping to life to accomplish what you commanded it to do. This is the simplest form to use. If used to cause your element to float and then move, it becomes harder to focus on and uses more Elemental Energy.

If trained well enough, one can hold their element in static floating positions or positions that negate Gravity with little active thought to the holding action and lesser Elemental Energy expenditure than moving around one’s element.

To Control uses a moderate amount of Elemental Energy to accomplish out of the four forms.

Observe

To Observe is to use your element as a type of “sixth” sense. To “see” the world directly through how your element exists in it. This is always on at a low level in a small area around the being and is almost instinctual. If focused on, the odd way of “seeing” things might be overwhelming or nonsensical to the user. This can also be done inversely as well, “seeing” where your element isn’t, though that technique is even harder to understand when used.

Generally most beings don’t train this form.

An example of inverse Observing is a being of Air sensing all the air around them, seeing where the air isn’t to try to see where an invisible opponent might be.

To Observe uses the least amount of Elemental Energy to accomplish out of the four forms.

Absorb

To Absorb is to remove your element from the world. Your element, once there, disappears. In turn, this refills your Elemental Energy, though at a reduced Conversion Rate compared to expending it.

To Absorb returns Elemental Energy, being the only one to do so out of the four forms.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Added my Elemental Methodology.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Cool concept for using elements, I will have to keep it in mind if a PC of mine gets elemental powers. Related, here’s hoping Mahrika and Ollem get the chance to use the Ruins of Water’s NUVA Door. We solved it, might be good to get the main reward out of it. 

On another note, sorry I have not posted yet. Trying to figure out the current setup for the villages.

I noticed there's no mention of the Underhive from SKR in the new topic. Have the Mesi population basically relocated to the Labyrinth as their new home/base of operations? 

Oh, perfect. Thanks. 

Also, @Harvali, I recommend not worrying about trying to fill the timeskip with a bunch of stuff. It can be easier to just use a timeskip to get into a position of beginning new things. 

@Kal the Guardian, that's a cool conceptualization. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

Happy chat.

I'm still uncertain how to account for the timeskip, when it comes to resolving the situation Ollem & Mahrika were in at the previous game's close. We had just reached the Ash Barrens Suva, which Kas had sent us to in what was framed as a brief errand. It seems highly implausible, in-universe, for the trip to have actually taken a month, given that Kas promised to wait at the telescope for us while we were gone.

On the other hand, it seems similarly infeasible to handwave this trek as either a flashback or as an instance of BZPTime, especially if the Suva were to actually yield what we came seeking from it; that is, a way to get to Mi-Kiri.

And, of course, I'd be rather disheartened to skip the Suva puzzle or retroactively change objectives in order to accommodate the timeskip.

As busy as you and the other GMs must be getting this trilogy closer up and running, I would appreciate some input as to how Harvali and I had ought to proceed.

• Like 1

For those wondering, the sword (still in its scabbard) falling on her is totally an excuse for Mahrika to adapt so she can’t get trapped by being pinned. Look, it’s been ages since she got to Stage two. Least I can do is actually use that power. 

People on the SK Discord keep mentioning that Kini-Nui is now a source of pure EP. But the EP was coming from the Kaita mechs, and stopped when their pilots got in them, correct? That would mean there is no constant supply of pure EP at Kini-Nui. I especially think this because I don't see it mentioned in Kini-Nui's location data.

@Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru

• Like 1

Just curious, does some residue purified EP remain there?

Site issues made me double post, apologies. Is there a way to delete the duplicate?

Edited by Harvali

Uuuuuugh. My minion character submission doubled itself too. Can someone delete the duplicate, along with the duplicate Gameplay topic post?

Hello yes I have a burning question for the esteemed GMs regarding a method through which Kat could train her physical strength and speed with the help of a Toa of Gravity would this be something she could have thought about and perhaps experimented with during the timeskip?

@Unreliable Narrator
@Eyru

@Vezok's Friend

All of us GMs have received several PMs and general questions for specific incidents that sound beyond the scope of the allowance for this timeskip between games. Please see the following rules from the Gameplay Topic (IC) for how to handle this brief one month timeskip:

One month, the most favored amount of time in the post-game survey for Rebirth, has occurred between the events of Rebirth and the beginning of Apocalypse. While a month may feel like a long time, this period of time between games is a way to help you start fresh in a new game. It is not a way to gain free power-ups without writing them, and it is not a way to accomplish things without writing about them:

• Any actions you take must at least be briefly described in your first post.
    • writing, "we went from the wastes to the Ash Barrens, stopping by the wark skak garage on the way" is acceptable. 
    • writing later in the game, "oh hey remember when we went to the suva, attuned to it, and are now fighting the boss of the region? Yeah let's use the power-up we got" is unacceptable.
  • You are welcome to write about resolving any immediate actions of your character that would logically have occurred during the span of a month.
    • These actions must not need GM approval in order to be completed.
  • You may have traveled to any location you were en route to at the end of Rebirth.

I have made the important portion bold for easy visibility.

All GMs are currently focused on approving character profiles so everyone can get into the game.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

For anyone who's curious, this is the profile I received last game for the E Street Wagon, on claiming it following the fight with Boss.

• Name of ACR: The E Street Wagon
  • ACR’s Faction/Homebase: Warskaks (Nektann's)
  • Pilot of ACR: Barius, formerly Nektann
  • Type of heartlight: Skakdi
  • Physical Description:  This flatbed wagon looks like a demon's scrap-part version of a Woody outback wagon missing the back half of the top of the car. The flatbed folds out into legs, and arms on the underside of the wagon can convert by using the gear shift and the second clutch pedal. When converted, the E Street Wagon in bi-pedal ACR form stands roughly 2/3 of its original car length.
  • Onboard Weapons Systems Options (pick two):
    • Primary: Cordak chest cannon: a cordak cannon is installed on the underside of the E Street Wagon, so that when it converts into bi-pedal mode it can use the cannon for mid range explosive volleys. Unable to be used in car mode, and if the ammunition is damaged during travel the whole car explodes.
    • Melee: Ramming Hood: the front hood of the wagon is built of tough stuff, able to punch through walls at high speeds without damaging the engine inside. This weapon is more or less useless in bi-pedal mode.

• Like 3