Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Discussion Topic (OOC)

Unreliable Narrator

Hey mods, just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to sort through all our characters, and to be patient with all our questions. It is appreciated. Take care of yourselves, okay? 

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

In our defense, you named the game Apocalypse. I at least was hedging my bets that something is left afterwards. 

• Like 3

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

SK4 is just the survivors of SKA riffing on SKE in a movie theater, as Tren Krom has trapped them outside of linear time and is forcing them to watch the old rpg topics. 

• Like 3

If you are waiting on interaction from me specifically, thanks for your continued patience. I am working on getting a response to each and everyone one of you. :)

I hope you are all enjoying the site, now free of 524 errors (the bane of my editing), and have been having fun in the first week of the new game. :D 

• Like 3

Happy chat.

5 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

I’ve been waiting for The Hungry Hungry Hippo expansion. 

Seriously? It's been in development for 9 years and you had to leak the Hungry Hungry Games 2 just a few years before it released?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Since it looks like I'm about to be put in a position where my MCs will be potentially forced into a fight against PC characters, I wanted to check a few things regarding etiquette and limitations for MCs in a fight like this. 

On 1/2/2021 at 7:24 AM, Unreliable Narrator said:

When in combat with a mixture of PCs and MCs, consider the following MC prioritization:

• MCs always fight other MCs first.
  • MCs let PCs fight other PCs.

I've got a party of one PC and four MCs in a situation where they're likely to be engaged by three PCs in an area with no room for retreat.

If it comes to that, does this mean those MCs have to stand by and not engage at all if they aren't directly attacked, leaving my PC in a 1v3 fight? Or are they able to still provide defence/support for my PC? (Eg. blocking incoming attacks, buffing him with their powers, etc.)

On 1/2/2021 at 7:24 AM, Unreliable Narrator said:
  • If MCs must fight a PC (fleeing or surrender are unavailable), the MCs must allow the PC to respond between each MC’s actions. In this way, a PC cannot be overwhelmed by a larger host of MCs.

Would it be fair to treat two skakdi MCs merging powers as a single character for the purposes of this rule, provided they're reacting as one, and only making a single attack each turn with their combined powers?

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Great questions @Nato the Traveler! Minion Characters are a new addition to the game, so we understand there may be some clarification needed.

You're right about MC/PC prioritization. MCs will always choose to fight another MC if the option is available to them. MCs will only choose to fight a PC if there are no MCs available to fight. Furthermore, they will only fight a PC if they have other MCs to support them. A lone MC will attempt to flee from a hostile PC.

Marrow's four MCs are Fighters; so before I answer your questions, here are the Fighter guidelines from the rules:

Fighter: either of a settlement or an individual, guards follow their orders to protect the location or person. 

• Fighters act on the orders of their PC leader or sponsor. 
  • A fighter may be assigned to one PC or settlement at a time. 
  • A PC may have up to six fighters assigned to them.

1. Does this mean those MCs have to stand by and not engage at all if they aren't directly attacked, leaving my PC in a 1v3 fight?

No, your MCs can fight. Because they are Fighters, their function is to protect a settlement or, in this case, an individual. If their PC is in danger, they will act to defend him. They will follow his orders as best they can; otherwise, they have no strategy of their own. Think of it this way: their purpose is to act, not to think. If they were proactive, risk-taking heroes, they would be PCs.  

2. Are they able to still provide defence/support for my PC? (Eg. blocking incoming attacks, buffing him with their powers, etc.)

Yes. As stated above, because their purpose is to defend their PC, they will do everything they can to support and defend him. However, as you noted in the rules:

• If MCs must fight a PC (fleeing or surrender are unavailable), the MCs must allow the PC to respond between each MC’s actions. In this way, a PC cannot be overwhelmed by a larger host of MCs.

You will be fighting with one PC and one MC at a time. Your PC can take an action every "round" (to use a D&D term) of combat, but the opposing PCs get to respond to each MC's actions before you can move on to the next one. In this way, a PC and their MCs have a slight numerical advantage against a single opponent, but they quickly lose that advantage when fighting multiple PCs. 

3. Would it be fair to treat two skakdi MCs merging powers as a single character for the purposes of this rule, provided they're reacting as one, and only making a single attack each turn with their combined powers?

I'm going to say yes, as long as they launch a single attack. This is a ruling specific to this situation, as otherwise skakdi MCs would have a disadvantage against other species of MCs. Usually, two MCs cannot take actions in the same round of combat. GMs will be watching carefully to make sure this is played fairly, and we reserve the right to reverse this ruling if we think it is necessary.

Hope this helps! :) Let us know if you have any further questions.

• Like 4

Alright, I think that covers all of my concerns. Thanks for the clarification! 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Unreliable Narrator I hate to bring this up, but I just went double checking in Rebirth. In SKA, Mahrika still possesses the two Noble Masks that Ollem gave her from the Ruins of Water, correct? One of Concealment and one of Strength? 

Hey there. Back in the start of SKR, you shared some of the GM notes for SKE. I realise the SKR notes are probably a little more spoilery, since some stuff has carried over into SKA, but I was wondering if you'd possibly be able to share some of the SKR info with us?

I'm especially curious as to what the other ending conditions and outcomes were. 

@Unreliable Narrator last game Ollem scavenged two Noble masks from the Ruins of Water after freeing Kas. He then gave them to Mahrika. I had forgotten to mark them in her SKA profile, and I was checking that my forgetfulness had not screwed us over. Link to the post here.

Regarding the Suva system, this is said:

A registered user of a suva may withdraw an item from a suva using their mind by depositing an equivalent item (mask for mask, etc.) from their person in a suva while within a suva’s regional range of 3 hexes on the world map.

Does the hex with the Suva in it count towards the range of three hexes?

@Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

@Nato the Traveler, GM notes for Rebirth will be revealed once I have a spoiler free version available. In the meantime, here are the prompts for Sidra's Far Shore Adventure:

Timeline: A

Element: Fire

Conflict: Character Vs. Character

Twist: Wham Line, https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhamLine

@Harvali, go ahead and just edit that in to your profile. 

@Kal the Guardian, I believe we've been counting the hex the Suva is in as part of the range. 

• Like 2

Happy chat.

25 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

In the meantime, here are the prompts for Sidra's Far Shore Adventure:

Just so I make sure I'm understanding all this Far Shore stuff correctly, I'm not locked to any particular setting, time period, or AU for this, I'm free to just do whatever (within the limits set forward by the prompts)? And do I end with her finding a portal back home, or just stop the story at its natural point and you'll handle her return? 

• Like 2

Profile edited 

Me: excited that Mahrika now can physical adapt

Also me: wait Tuakana can do what now?

• Like 4