Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Discussion Topic (OOC)

Unreliable Narrator

I wonder how a Krana Xa would work here? Because it seems kind of useless.

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

@Kal the Guardian, I can assure you the rewards provided accurately reflect the number of rolls and that I didn't totally miss adding the results for rolling a 16 until you called me out. Totally accurate :P 

@Harvali, I could see the Krana Xa allowing for some pretty intense deductive thinking.

@~Xemnas~, I agree the twist for Kohara's Far Shore Adventure felt a little difficult, but I'll give you the roll for a well-made attempt. Please see below for the loot Kohara acquires from her adventure (rolled a 1, 2, 4, 14, 17, and 19):

• Any wounds Kohara suffered during her Far Shore Adventure remain when she returns. I suggest finding a healer.
  •  Kohara has become afflicted with Void Sickness. Please see the rules in Expansion #3 for how to adjust her profile.
  • Her regular body armor has been upgraded from the durable material of any protoderm to now be made of Protosteel. Protosteel armor can mitigate the impact of many forms of physical attack, and is more up to the challenge of withstanding a crushing blow.
  • Rahkshi Staff of Magnetism. This staff is imbued with the Kraata Variation of Magnetism and can be used to channel similar powers as a kraata at stage 4.
  • Kohara has learned the Taboo Rite of Desecration. Please see Expansion #3 for the appropriate rules.
  • The muaka that Kohara fought in her Far Shore Adventure has followed her across time and realities and is now her pet/mount. It is friendly to her despite their past "disagreements" and will do its best to follow her simple commands.
Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

Hey there. I've noticed the Expansion 8 stuff creeping in, and wanted to clarify the following detail:

Kanohi dragons have complete immunity to air, fire, iron, magnetic, and psionic elemental effects.

Given that psionics is such a multifaceted element, I was wondering what exactly this immunity entails. Obviously direct telepathy, mind control, etc. wouldn't work on it, but what about more indirect stuff eg. using telekinesis to throw something at it, trying to detect its presence with telepathy, or trying to confuse it with illusions?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

4 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

Illusions would fail, as psionic illusions are not visible to anyone but those effected and are a form of mind control. 

Okay, this is an interesting point, and the one I was most interesting in clarifying, because I've been under the impression that Psionics users could manifest illusions in both ways - getting into someone's head and manufacturing a complex illusion in their mind in the vein of an Olisi, and just projecting images and sounds from within their own minds into the open, more like a Mahiki. 

This is based on the fact that creatures like Gate Guardians - which can create a moving illusion of themselves and a secondary illusion to conceal their position - and Kraata of Illusion - which has a powerset based largely around projecting false images that everyone can see - are listed as psionics users. There are instances in canon of Makuta Teridax using both types of illusion, getting inside people's heads to fool them specifically, and manifesting illusions that looked, felt, and sounded real until people interacted with them.

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It sounds like psionics has precedent in Bionicle canon for creating illusions in two ways: by projecting images using the power of one's own mind, or by altering the perception of a target. These are unique variants, and I can understand the confusion regarding both, so I think your question is well warranted.

Riteborn Kanohi Dragons are immune to all psionic effects. In the instance of a projected illusion, this monster would simply see it is an illusion rather than be fooled. In the same vein of immunity, a Kanohi Dragon could not be perceived through telepathy as they immune to the effects of telepathy as it is a psionic effect.

Happy chat.

Alright, I think that clears everything up. Thanks. 

New Room, Who DIs?

Hello, all! A quick note from us GMs. We've been shuffling around some roles and responsibilities given our availability. Please see the new roles below:

• @Eyru: provides NPC posts and Reliable Narrator descriptions, answers most PMs
  • @Vezok's Friend: provides NPC posts and Reliable Narrator descriptions, answers conduct related PMs
  • @Unreliable Narrator: Systems and Rules design, narrative design, answers/responds to PMs requiring lore/rules attention

While we all work together on plot hooks for Apocalypse, I'll be turning my focus from day to day posts and handing over control of NPCs to the other GMs so I can focus more on providing rules, systems, and lore! Please feel free to still tag me in posts in OOC if you have questions.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy chat.

A GM may assume direct control of your Kaita ACR as an NPC if all pilots are not unconscious or killed while piloting the Kaita ACR. 

So basically GMs can take control whenever they want, even if you are piloting your Kaita ACR?

Choose up to three abilities or breed quirks (excluding equipment powers) at a time from the combined powers and breed quirks of all onboard pilots (maximum three pilots).

I can only find being able to wear Kanohi and use their power in the rules as Breed Quirks. Do Kanohi count as Equipment?

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Added Kanohi Question.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

17 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:
  • New Map

You may need to update the location descriptions. It looks like Kumu are islets again. 

The Kaita ACR question was more of a silly way to point out that I think the word "not" in that sentence isn't supposed to be there. I believe the intention is supposed to be that: if the pilot is unconscious or killed a GM takes over.

Such an inaccurate meme - Knichou can also ferry around people in an airship to get them where they need to go.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Jeez, we've got less than five months to go.

I'm kind of concerned if you're still coming up with new puzzles and lore for us when we're still struggling to get through everything you've already given us. 

• Like 2

Hey, rules man, @Unreliable Narrator, for the Infectious Kraata Taboo, the part where they may be used as Heartlight replacements has changed since SKR. Here's the new version:

• Kraata may be used as a replacement for beating heartlights in the rites of Desecration. The kraata changes to the variation chosen by the desecrated character and becomes the kraata that is bound to them.

Does the Kraata still essentially function as a Heartlight, losing all prior properties, or would the Kraata retain the stage level it was at previously when used for Desecration?

And for the record, my interpretation is based on seeing them as two different rites that work together in tandem: Infectious Kraata and Desecration. To desecrate you need a heartlight to turn into a kraata, which would be based on your Aspect’s power level. The IK taboo bolsters the ability to make kraata, however, and as that taboo reads the kraata “may be used as a replacement for heartlights in the Rites of Desecration” it can be inferred that the kraata used to desecrate that that point maintains its power but can be changed in variation. 

Basically, the power is already set by the IK taboo, which effectively boosts the kraata-making abilities of an Aspect. Since the Desecration rite is functionally distinct from the IK taboo, a kraata from an IK rite does not change when used to desecrate. That’s my take. 

If EW's version is correct, then that's a nerfing of the original ruling. For most instances in the game right now where Infectious Kraata can be used as Heartlights, they most likely will be at Stage 1 or 2 and end up lowering the resulting Stage power of the Desecrated Kraata.

For example, in SKA, Stannis created a Stage 1 Infectious Kraata and used it to Desecrate Whisper. If we go with EW's interpretation, instead of being at Stage 5, the resulting Desecrated Kraata should instead be at Stage 1 and only ever get up to Stage 3.

My understanding was that they're separate spells, with an Infectious Kraata essentially being a different type of creature to a bonded kraata. 

If you use an Infectious Kraata in place of a heartlight, it dies and becomes a regular Kraata (at whatever power level a normal kraata would be at, based on the Aspect's milestone progress). There's nothing stopping you from making it have the same power, but it's no longer technically the same kraata. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

If we go with EW's interpretation, instead of being at Stage 5, the resulting Desecrated Kraata should instead be at Stage 1 and only ever get up to Stage 3.

No, it would start at Level 3 (if made from a PC's heartlight) and ascend as the creator does as well and have the same usual ceiling. 

• Like 1

I thought the Infectious Kraata used in Desecrating Whisper was made from a Rahi and was at Stage 1?

And most Infectious Kraata will be below the level of the Aspects provided Desecration level, since most Kraata slots will only be unlocked after reaching further Grand Wish steps and most start at Stage 1, since there aren't that many PCs dying around here.

10 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Hey, rules man, @Unreliable Narrator, for the Infectious Kraata Taboo, the part where they may be used as Heartlight replacements has changed since SKR. Here's the new version:

Does the Kraata still essentially function as a Heartlight, losing all prior properties, or would the Kraata retain the stage level it was at previously when used for Desecration?

An Infectious Kraata used in Desecration only replaces the heartlight component and is destroyed during the Desecration just like the heartlight would be normally. The Desecration is otherwise unchanged in its input and output. 

The new wording in Apocalypse is only for clarity and is not intended to change the power. 

• Like 1

Happy chat.