Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Discussion Topic (OOC)

Unreliable Narrator

6 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

anyways how am i supposed to satiate my bionicle roleplaying needs now? there better be another game soon

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED USER

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

POST GAME SURVEY

HELLO EVERYONE! It's time for the honored tradition of survey taking! As a treat, this one's just about SKA, but keep an eye on this topic for a chonky survey about the trilogy as a whole. If you played SKA even a little bit, we'd love to hear from you in the survey linked above.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

Parodn me if I get sappy and philosophical, My heart is beating at 1000 BPM and I'm playing some calming music to try and relax. I'm speaking the kinds of thoughts that rattle around in my head 24/7 that I never really share with anyone.

Im impressed with that ending. It was rushed but it was worth it.  If I had a time machine I would go back and do it all again, probably try to be even more involved. When I stopped posting as Mazor in SKR I legitimatly thought that I was going to never come back to this website again. But then someone sent me an @ out of nowhere on dischord and I got pulled back in. As the game is ending there's so much more I would like to have done. Especially to explore the mechanics I hadn't been paying attention to. But ultumently I can't go back, and I think I can accept that. I dove into these last few days with all my heart and soul. In a way it was similar to Mazor's Journy, he didn't find peace untill he acepted his destiny. And he got to end the Journy surrounded by friends. I have a Hard time making friends, I spend most of my time alone, but I've come to think of you all as my friends.

Something I think about Frequently is the Meaning of Mythology. In modern stories there is offten a "cannon" maintained by a single author or group of creators. This Canon is treated as a gospel, an unalterable text. However, as I've learned about mythology through thousands of Youtube vieos I've come to realize that this idea of Cannon is relatively new, at least as new as the bible. Sure in ancient times the ancients had a general overarching agreement of the major events their pantheons participated in, but the details of the major events were up to the storyteller. It was part of the mythology to change the stories to your liking, and even to use the same characters to tell new stories. There was no concrete cannon. I've begun to treat many of my favorite franchises not as cannons, but as Mythologies. Stories told over and over again by new tellers with new twists. In my mind, looking back, SK E/R/A had heavy themes of the multiverse and the telling of stories. And because of this, I consider this Cycle a perminant part of my personal Bionicle Mythology, and I'm glad I was able to contribute.

Thank you to the Game Masters who spent so much time reacting to us, and thanks to all the other players for interacting with me and allowing me to be part of such an amazing story. I'm going to have nostalga about this for years to come.

I've got several ideas for art projects in honor of thsi game, but I'm going to try and space them out over the next couple days.

With sincerity and Gratitude

Jeff (smudge8)

P.S. If any acended aspects are still around I'd love to have a conversation.

• Like 4

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

OOC: Whisper

We can see much... but the future remains hidden even from us. 

I have no plans. I'm eager to simply wait and see where this existence takes me.

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

12 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

OOC Caedast | ???? | Music

And I claimed you as mine. Congrats, old chum! You are, as the colloquialism goes, my bi—”

OOC: Sorilax

One moment. I found a frozen sliver of time with text over it that best relates my response to you. It is… around here somewhere. One second, I need my player to grab it for me. Okay here we go.

63eysu8lg0l01.png

His face. It is so... organic muscle-y, yet it so completely conveys the meaning. It is marvelous.

3 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

How does it feel to be in the real world? Do you have any plans for the future? 

Odd. Very odd.

I shall endeavor to learn all I can about the Life of this new plane of existence.

As for Whisper and Whira, I am proud of you both. For being so young and yet accomplishing feats so great. I will uphold the powers granted to you by the Legend before I became it. I will continue to power your existences. I anxiously await to see what you both will accomplish, should we ever get another game.

Caedast, I am so sorry I had forgotten you. I could have used your guidance in my own journey many times, as you well know.

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Thank you Smudge for those really kind words. I never thought someone would say SK would be in their mythological canon of Bionicle. I'm honored. 

Snelly, please know that the loot from Skyra's Far Shore Adventure is coming once I have time to get it written up and posted. 

Questions round up: 

Xemnas, you asked if I'll run another game on BZPOWER. The short and honest answer is I don't know. Stay tuned, I guess. Same goes for you too Daniel, but it looks like Bulik might have a little treat in store (lovely hype trailer btw).

Nuparu's mask is purple because he's from a different reality. For more about his connection with the vahki and Ehlek's Flying Fortress, check out Nuparu's first lines of dialogue in Escapement. Believe it or not, a large majority of Escapement contains heavy spoilers or seeded clues for future reveals in Rebirth and Apocalypse. 

The Great Spirit Artahka is Knichou. It's a little more complicated, but that's the easy answer. Definitely not something I expected to happen, but a joy to watch occur. 

There were several riteborn that were scrapped due to a consistent player request for less time on expansions and more time on posting in the IC topic. Also, I reduced my dedicated weekly time spent GMing SK from 40 hours to 20 hours to 5-10 hours. PMs, interaction requests, planning, reading, and approvals take time. 

Please use design elements from Six kingdoms games only with my prior written permission. These design elements include any original rules posted in the Rules topic for Escapement, Rebirth, and Apocalypse

With that said, please feel free to use the base rules minus any expansions for the character profile system in any future games you may want to run on BZPower. Minions seem useful, enjoy them if it suits your future needs.

If you haven't taken the Post Game Survey, please do so. It means the world to me. 

Be back soon with more answers. Also, hey there Caedast, Whira, Whisper, Sorilax, Miserix, and Icarax. Hope you're doing well with your newfound sense of identity. 

• Like 5

Happy chat.

Guess I'll add some questions to the pile.

1. SK:R leads to SK:E. Do the events of SK:E proceed identically to what we previously wrote, then to SK:R, then to SK:A, with no changes between repetitions?
  2. What other endings were available?
  3. What's Spiriah's deal? Was he trying to do anything? Why was Icarax boarding up his home from Spiriah?
  4. Why did Mata Nui's head want more?
  5. How did Icarax ascend to great spirit?
  6. Explain Nuju.
  7. What loot was present in the water and earth suvas? What were the puzzle solutions?
  8. What was in the great temple suva, since nobody ever looked?
  9. Can the Hiko let you travel between Zakaz and the GSR?
  10. What was Ehlek's big ol' device that we didn't have time to deal with?
Edited by pokemonlover360
  • Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

My dear friends.

What a ride.

It has been a joy to play alongside you and an honour to serve as one of your GMs. Those last 48 hours of the game were exhausting and brain-melting in the best way, and I'm so happy and proud of the story we wrote together. It's hard to believe this all started in January 2020—it feels either like an eternity ago or just last week, and I can't quite decide which. My only regret is I didn't join the game on day one, because that's 16 extra days of roleplaying I could've gotten in with all of y'all. Regardless, it's been a slice. 

Shout out to my fellow GMs. Veef might not have always been as visible in the gameplay topic, but he put in a ton of work behind the scenes that made my job a lot easier. And when he showed up IC... he showed up. Truly a master of all trades and a jack of none.

And I know you guys think you understand how hard our dearest Unreliable Narrator worked on this game, but trust me: you have no ##### idea. Caedast can back me up here when I say that our head GM put more blood, sweat, and tears into this game than I've put into anything else in my entire life. He's a rock star and a legend, and the depths of his mad genius inspire me with both admiration and terror (but mostly admiration). Thanks for everything, Kughii.

Feel free to continue using this OOC topic to discuss the game and ask questions. It'll stay open as long as it needs to. And, for the love of Miserix, don't forget to fill out your surveys! :lookhere:

• Like 5

Echoing the above post 100%: UN has kept an overview over this game and the plot and all that GM stuff throughout a lot of IRL challenges. An absolute trooper!

6 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

5. How did Icarax ascend to great spirit?

Hey @pokemonlover360! I asked if they'd reply to you directly, but Icarax is quite busy again already so they unfortunately don't have the time. Concept phase is about to start here and they're already up to their neck in brainstorm meetings. But, I'll try to answer your question as much as possible:

Iccy is ancient and has been aware of the narrative for a very long time. Long enough in fact, that they've been actively helping us GMs keep an eye on the game from the IC perspective, to make sure the narrative could proceed unhindered. Their many Rahkshi were quite handy for that.

They were on the last step of their grand wish when player characters first met them - and they have been on that step for a long, long time: To witness the end of the cycle and to see a renewed universe come to fruition before being recalled to the caldera. Hence their willingness to help other player characters out if their goals aligned with that desire. And you all sure did deliver on making an ending worth witnessing! Iccy was up all night following the topic and to make sure nothing was overlooked. I talked to them yesterday (we share an office since their ascension) and they were just blown away by the flood of posts and the final twists and turns.

So big kudos from them to you all! =)

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

8 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

The Great Spirit Artahka is Knichou. It's a little more complicated, but that's the easy answer. Definitely not something I expected to happen, but a joy to watch occur. 

Wait a minute, does this mean that Captain/Commander/Great Spirit Knichou 'Artakha' Vella been watching us this entire time?

I guess the part where it gets a little more, as you said, complicated, is whether he's the engineer formerly known as Artakha or the Great Spirit formerly known as Knichou, or if such a distinction even exists or would matter in the first place.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

In SKE in January 2020, Knichou is Knichou. This is during the playthrough of that game.  

By the end of SKA, Knichou has become Artahka's vessel in full. 

Moving again into SKE with an eye for details regarding the changes caused by Great Spirits, we see once again Knichou is Knichou, and simultaneously he is Artahka's vessel. 

This is the power of ascendant wishes. 

EDIT:

I have begun collecting and running the data for the trilogy. Here's a little peak behind the curtain:

1309735299_CharactersandPlayers.png.9334cc88aa07a3ce45a3e48d639f7907.png

• Like 4

Happy chat.

@Snelly for posterity's sake, and because loot is fun and awesome, Skyra's Loot Drops from her surprise Far Shore Adventure Crossover Extravaganza: 

Skyra successfully completed her main prompts as well as one optional prompt. Since she entered the Far Shore Portal after fixing it, I will be doubling the loot rolls. Additionally, for each character who joined her in the adventure I will be adding an additional roll as well. I believe this equates to 13 rolls on the Far Shore Loot Table:

• 19: Datrox Karvan followed Skyra NUVA through the portal as an MC.
  • 11: +1 Psychological Flaw and Balta’s signature tools (see BS01)
  • 4: Skyra’s signature katanas are now made of protosteel
  • 16: Great Kanohi of Levitation
  • 8: Kanoka disk with digits 3-8-5
  • 20: Void Sickness (see Expansion 3)
  • 13: Midak Skyblaster
  • 20: Golden Mask (Translation, Concealment, Telekenisis, Mind Control, Night Vision, and Illusion)
  • 6: +1 Vuata Maca Crystal
  • 8: Vakhi Staff of Control
  • 3: +1 Psychological Flaw
  • 7: One Krana Ja. When worn allows for telepathic connection to all other krana gained through Far Shore Adventures.
  • 11: +1 Vial of Antidermis
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

47 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

• 19: Datrox Karvan followed Skyra NUVA through the portal as an MC.

Huh.

Does this mean, since Apocalypse leads into Escapement, that BZPRPG!Datrox (or at least, the version Skyra encountered) would go on to be the Mata Nui zealot Datrox Rode? Or somehow exist alongside him?

(Also: it's worth mentioning in the last post I did for him before SK!Skyra got sent back to her own universe I had him extricating himself from the situation because he didn't want anything to do with it any more :shrugs:)

• Like 5

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

SK Trilogy Survey

"Thank you for joining us on this incredible journey of creating a collaborative story set in the wonderful universe of SK: E/R/A. The survey linked above will focus on each game and the trilogy as a whole. Please know this is a longer survey, and you may find it best to complete in a cozy place with plenty of time. If you played SK in any capacity, we would love to hear from you!"

___________________________________________________Prior Post_____________________________________________

@pokemonlover360, I wanted to answer your Post Game Questions as best I could. As a general note, the questions were really good and I loved trying to find the best way to answer them.

Q: SK:R leads to SK:E. Do the events of SK:E proceed identically to what we previously wrote, then to SK:R, then to SK:A, with no changes between repetitions?

This is a difficult question to answer simply, but I will try my best and will involve a mutual understanding of this concept: memories are us recalling the last time we recalled something. Okay, here we go:

This trilogy was designed from the beginning to cause a specific experience when returning to SKE at the end of Apocalypse (if that occurred). Our memories of SKE are now intentionally in conflict with the new interpretations and readings of SKE after playing through SKR and SKA. This does not mean our memories are incorrect: it means we have to decide which version we believe. I like to think both can exist at the same time.

Q: What other endings were available?

Any ending players created, just like the ones you fashioned during this playthrough. I spent a year and half actively tracking all the different plot threads so that they could merge into a cohesive story at the end while still leaving room for player interpretation.

A few clear endings based on in-game milestone accomplishments that could have occurred:

• Takadox was found at the Earth Suva: you all would have gotten two Great Disks very quickly, which would have shifted the way Kaita ACRs were unlocked. This would kind of have a butterfly effect across the game as a whole. Takadox was maybe the only “good” barraki, so there was an option of attempting to get him to aid in returning to the GSR by using the teleporter in Mata-Nui’s skull (leads to the Orbit ending).
  • No Makoki Stones? Island vanishes, everyone dies. Luckily, Sorilax and Sala installed one in SKR so that ending wasn’t an option.
  • No further Makoki Stones? Island fades, nobody dies. Despair and grief reign.
  • Miserix cannot complete the Winding Walk. This is an interesting one. If she was stopped from completing the Winding Walk, she would not become the Mata Nui inhabiting the Krom Sphere during SKE (yes, that’s Miserix now).
  • Icarax is defeated before experiencing the game’s end: the revelation of “The Drawer” is obfuscated and left undiscovered.
  • Spiriah Wins: the cycle stops. Nothing continues and Confusion reigns. Spiriah feeds on the nightmares of those who are unfaithful and continues to rage a war against Icarax. This would lead to a Lightbringer vs Darkbringer war, with different values and individuals behind the names of those historic organizations.
  • Ehlek Wins: you don’t want this one. Trust me. It’s the real bad ending.
  • Grime is never revived: Grime was the pilot for Miserix’s Ark. Should one portion of this duo fail, the other would as well. He was Miserix’s greatest weakness.
  • Tuyet Fails: another fun one, but I’ll leave that up to the community to try and figure out.
  • There are more (such as All Makoki Stones placed not in Overtime), but I’ll save those for maybe another time.

Q: What's Spiriah's deal? Was he trying to do anything? Why was Icarax boarding up his home from Spiriah?

Spiriah’s deal is pretty simple: he is content with observing, enjoying life as a deity, and has decided the surface world is too small. He’s content to wait as many cycles as it takes for him to get what he wants. What does he want? You’ll have to keep waiting.

Icarax’s last milestone was to see the game end. Through regular dosing of Pure EP Icarax read the Narrative and discovered player characters had a way of avoiding difficult situations: stall and do nothing. Icarax copied that behavior to avoid any sort of conflict that might jeopardize their goal. However, they did want to see the game end, so they would happily provide assistance to those who sought them out, kind of like the cranky old person at the end of the street who gives kids candy to go away. Getting involved in anything would have increased the chances Icarax might be destroyed, so they just didn’t do that.

Q: Why did Mata Nui's head want more?

Because it was never enough. MORE!

Q: How did Icarax ascend to great spirit?

Icarax’s final milestone was to witness the conclusion of the third game.

Q: Explain Nuju.

Stay tuned.

Q: What loot was present in the water and earth suvas? What were the puzzle solutions?

Given the trend with other suvas, I’ll happily reveal that the toa tools of Gali and Onua were in their respective suvas. Perhaps in another playthrough the solutions will be discovered. There were additional clues for how to avoid the apocalypse, along with helpful items that provided more lore to connect the dots. However, these will be left undisclosed for now. Gali’s spoke of the future. Onua’s spoke of the past.

Q: What was in the great temple suva, since nobody ever looked?

In general, Turaga Dume, Lhikan, Nidhiki, and Tuyet all used the suva in the Great Temple. So their gear, masks, and other misc. items (nidhiki’s neck massager for instance). A few choice items I will not mention, as they may be something to discover in another playthrough. 

Q: Can the Hiko let you travel between Zakaz and the GSR?

No. The Hiko as far as I’m aware does not allow traveling between dimensions, planes, or spacetime.

Q: What was Ehlek's big ol' device that we didn't have time to deal with?

I assume you mean the giant power reactor that ran on souls? It’s a giant power reactor that runs on souls sucked that were "recycled" as Nuparu mentioned. This was his way of creating “renewable energy” on his flying fortress. Solar would have probably would have been a better option for the long-term, but the estimates for installation were too expensive to be financially justifiable. 

Q: Datrox Karvan MC???

That’s something only Tarn and Snelly can answer together. A Datrox Karvan has walked into the Time Between Time. What happens next sounds like an exciting adventure.

SURVEY. SURVEY.
  • Like 7

Happy chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

Come celebrate the ending of an ERA with the GMs and fellow players via the SK-RP Discord server. Mark your calendars for August 7th 15:00 hours PDT for our first post-game event! We'll be roasting and toasting many of the characters from the trilogy as a whole, having an AMA section, and revealing something special...

See you soon,

Kughs

• Like 5

Happy chat.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy August!

With the celebration on the 7th, feel free to post any questions in this channel you want GMs to answer. We'll do a round up during the celebration as part of the AMA section, and will be answering submitted questions from this topic first. 

A link to the celebration will be provided in this topic on the date of the event. 

See you soon!

Happy chat.

Questions for Kughii since I shall be unable to attend the roast and toast. :(

1. One of Apex' milestones was to create a vessel for herself that was Kaiju-level in terms of power. Would Apex have been able to achieve such power by herself or would she have had to gain it (either by coercion or by stealing it) from Irrnak? And depending on yes or no, would she have qualified as a riteborn for triggering the wrath of the Kaita Mechs?
  2. What would have happened if someone had become an abomination by making contact with the Energized Protodermis?
  3. Could a massive amount of people enter the Far Shore at once and end up in the same reality? And if so, how would that work?
  4. If Knichou had gain the power of NUVA while wearing the Mask of Creation, would the universe implode?
  5. What happened to Takanuva? Did he die? How? Was that his speeder that Kas found?
  6. Were the Kaita Mechs the Toa Mata or were they other Toa/Matoran Kaitas made into mechanical forms and could they have been recreated by a player?
  7. Was Teridax ever in one point existing in SK?
  8. What's the deal with the Rock Monster? Did Mutran exist?
  9. What was the deal with the Hafu Statues?
  10. Did Nuparu died? 

SK POST-GAME CELEBRATION DETAILS

Date: 8/7/2021

Start Time: 15:00 Hours Pacific (about 3 hours from the time this is posted)

End Time: 17:00 Hours Pacific (approximate)

Agenda: Celebration, AMA, announcing the top player voted PCs and NPCs from the trilogy, and a special surprise...

POST-SK Survey Last Chance

The survey will be closed to additional responses at the start of the celebration. If you haven't gotten a chance to send in your feedback and you still want to do so, you can contribute here.

Happy chat.

Guess I'll add a couple questions I've been thinking about this past week.

1. When did Tuyet and Axonn go?

2. Did that have any effect on the present overall situation besides "Tuyet and Axonn are gone"?

3. Is the timeline still collapsing, or did that get fixed somewhere along the way, and if it did get fixed is it a temporary fix or a permanent one?

4. When cycles occur, do the universe revert back to a fixed point or does the entire timeline restart? As an example, does the cycle occur and then the events of the timeline occur as before up until something like Dume's speech at the start of SK:E and then things can diverge, or can things diverge from the very start of the universe, such as in the pre-ark days?

5. This one depends on the answer to 4. For some characters, such as Kilo and Nu, they don't exist until about maybe 10-500 or so years and about 5 months respectively before the end of the game. When the cycle occurs, do they just cease to exist until for example Nuparu builds them for the first time again always at the same point on the timeline? Is it possible for them to just not be born in a cycle if enough variance happens?

6. Are people who followed Zataka back to the Ark affected by the cycle?

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Did the portals Zataka open go to the same 'dimension's ark, or some alternate dimension/timeline? Or is anything outside of the time between time (potentially including the ark) in another dimension, technically?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for attending! It was a pleasure getting to spend a few hours talking about the game, the surveys, the burning questions, and the characters of renown. You all created a very cool world together.

I wanted to answer some of the questions we didn't have time for in the AMA section:

22 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

3. Is the timeline still collapsing, or did that get fixed somewhere along the way, and if it did get fixed is it a temporary fix or a permanent one?

4. When cycles occur, do the universe revert back to a fixed point or does the entire timeline restart? As an example, does the cycle occur and then the events of the timeline occur as before up until something like Dume's speech at the start of SK:E and then things can diverge, or can things diverge from the very start of the universe, such as in the pre-ark days?

5. This one depends on the answer to 4. For some characters, such as Kilo and Nu, they don't exist until about maybe 10-500 or so years and about 5 months respectively before the end of the game. When the cycle occurs, do they just cease to exist until for example Nuparu builds them for the first time again always at the same point on the timeline? Is it possible for them to just not be born in a cycle if enough variance happens?

6. Are people who followed Zataka back to the Ark affected by the cycle?

3. The Time Between Time is stable. You put the Makoki Stone back together -- you fixed it! As for whether the fix is permanent...

4. The universe begins as it ended and ends as it begins, as Miserix commanded. Or was it ends as it begins? In any case, the universe returns to the point of divergence that is the start of SKE. However, things may have changed...

5. As the events of all three games did occur, in the instance of the trilogy as played Nuparu does recreate the vahki and the krahli. However, another version of the trilogy may begin with Nuparu never having made the machines he encountered on Ehlek's Flying Fortress...

6. The people who followed Zataka back are affected by the cycle. Perhaps that is why Zataka in SKE came to Metru-Nui in the first place?

21 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

What was all that with the Visorak who attacked the Ripple about?

The visorak pirates in SKE were, as mentioned during the AMA, under the command of a certain Sidorak and his viceroy Roodaka. This was one of those plot points that was thrown out in case players wanted to chase the rabbit down the hole. SKE was all about throwing as much as possible at the wall and seeing what stuck, to use a metaphor. 

21 hours ago, BULiK said:

Did the portals Zataka open go to the same 'dimension's ark, or some alternate dimension/timeline? Or is anything outside of the time between time (potentially including the ark) in another dimension, technically?

Zataka led those who chose to follow back to the Ark that we started the game in during SKE. Technically, you are correct that is not within the bounds of the Time Between Time.

EDIT: 

MISC.

I also wanted to share some information from the Surveys! While we did talk about this during the celebration, a great question was asked by @pokemonlover360: "how many people responded to each survey?"

I think this is a good questions because it's asking how accurate of a representation of the player community are the surveys providing. I'm happy to say surveys regularly achieved greater than 50% response ratios when total submissions were compared to total active players.

Additionally, throughout the entirety of the SK trilogy, you all stated that SK was -- on average -- above a 4 out of 5 in terms of personal enjoyment! That's honestly wonderful, and made the GM team proud to continue working on bringing new content to the games.

Something that was surprising from the final trilogy survey was that approximately 70% of submission responses stated they had not read the entire game for all three games. This really explained the number of questions the GMs received, and showed there was definite value in some sort of weekly wrap up in the OOC topic to keep folks up to speed. If you have any questions regarding what happened in the SK trilogy, my first response will likely be "did you read all the posts" just to make sure I can point in the right direction moving forward.

There's a ton more data to sift through so if you have specific questions please feel free to continue asking in this topic or by PMing me. I'll answer when and as I can. :) I hope in the long term I can provide a more professional-looking breakdown of what was learned throughout the process. Needless to say, your contributions to surveys made a direct impact on how GMs altered the course of the game, designed mechanics, and tuned what already existed into something more in line with player expectations.

Player Voted Awards:

Below is the ranked list of Player Characters mentioned as favorites on the trilogy survey (number of mentions to the right of name).

Stannis 8
Kilo-M9 6
Sidra 6
Knichou 5
Nale 5
Zaliyah 4
Barius 3
Kanohi 3
Ostrox 3
Taja 3
Viltia 3
Keitara 2
Korruhn 2
Skyra 2
Sorilax 2
Whisper 2
Apex 1
Atamai 1
Aurax 1
Berys 1
Irna 1
Jutori 1
Leklo 1
Mahrika 1
Marrow 1
Mazor 1
Mega 1
MU-Vahki 1
Oreius 1
Parnassus 1
Rose 1
Thom 1
Vashni 1
Vulimai 1
Waveahk 1
Yumiwak 1

Below is the NPCs mentioned in the survey as fan favorites (Number of mentions to the right of the name).

Dume/Grime 9
Boss/Nektann 6
Pridak 5
Axxon 3
Nuju 3
Tuyet 2
Miserix 2
Admin 1
Carapar 1
Lhikan 1
Mantax 1
Spiriah 1
Takadox 1
Vhisola 1

• Like 4

Happy chat.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m too old for new BZPRPG haha. Looks like a great RPG, but not really something I can see myself fitting into. I like 2000s BZPRPG vibes, and SK hit that note. Truly was a work of art!

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 5

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

Hadn't had much reason to check this topic in a while, didn't see the edit of your post that had some more survey data and thoughts. Dope to see some of my characters up there, I'm glad people enjoyed them. Even more awesome to see some characters that didn't make it to SKA still getting big mentions, like Zaliyah.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, Caedast said:

Oh, CJ knows the BZPRPG very well—check out his member title—it's just not quite the same vibe as SK, and SK was vibin'. 

SK vibed so hard I actually got back into RPing for its duration. :P

The aesthetic was awesome. Really felt like 01-03 but with these crazy twists to it. Basically like Viltia, where she ended up (on accident) copying the vibe of original Lewa. At least how he was in my mind as a kid. A survivor in massive, twisting trees and bushes, constantly fighting or avoiding dangerous Rahi. She even had an Axe and a Miru as her Golden Mask. It was amazing to almost fulfill what I felt like I never got enough of as a kid. SK was truly a gift.

• Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------