Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp

Nale had sat on the lounge's sofa for comfort, rather than stand around in her boots as she listened to the Matoran speak. The Toa of Magnetism had heard most of this from Kanohi earlier, her presence seemed to be more as a representative of the Taku (and its possible involvement in the Vahki's liberation).

"Smart," she spoke up, leaning back in the sofa. "Very smart move. We wouldn't want to do anything that might damage the relationship between us and Aurax's Metru Nui, especially if we botch this job."

Nale turned to Kanohi and the Vahki, a sly look on her Kakama. Vulimai may not have approved of the idea, but as for her and Knichou...

"Which is why we won't."

@Harvali@Sparticus147@Toru Nui

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

As soon as the mask fell, so did Niidak, dropping on top of the statue and getting the wind knocked out of her. She lied there for a moment recovering from the blow, thinking what to do next.

Her stupid idea was unsurprisingly a failure, but it did show that this was no ordinary statue. Somehow, it was able to use the Kanohi’s power on her. Was there any sentience imprisoned in the stone, some strange mechanism hidden inside of it or was it even some sort of magic? And most importantly, how could she personally benefit from this?

She climbed down from the statue and walked to the front of it, closely inspecting the ornate face. What if the power was entirely on the head? If she could detach it from the statue, she could have something valuable that was easy to carry. She was sure some Toa or Matoran would be fascinated by a stone head capable of using Kanohi powers on others. So fascinated that they’d offer a good price for it.

She pondered about the best way to detach the head. It might be possible to cut through the neck with her protosteel knife, but she shuddered at the amount of time and effort it would take. The disk launcher she had found lacked any disks, so it couldn’t be used for anything either. She then looked at the nearby interconnected knowledge towers. Perhaps there she could find something that could be of use? Maybe there was valuable junk inside too. Or another dying Toa, for all she knew.

She decided to leave the statue alone for now and went to explore the knowledge towers instead, leaving behind the hoverbike and the disk launcher. Everything else she had found, she carried in her satchel, so some other scavenger or a wild rahi couldn’t simply steal them.

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

"I see...What a coincidence."  It was painfully obvious what was happening here, as even though Detsu spoke with the cant of a fellow companion,  they still spoke on the behalf of the demon Parnassus. The only question that remained, was why?

Although he could continue the banter, back and forth, Drukarus was a Skakdi of wise words, not subtle tricky words, and he could only endure so much. Allowing his mind to open, a deep, cold, heavy emptiness filled his chest as he attempted to learn what Detsu's purpose was by surveying the surface of his mind. But even as he graced Detsu's mind, his eyes and scrying extended past towards Parnassus, who he also attempted to glean knowledge from his surface thoughts.

OOC: @Conway

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro streets

The ex-Ghost smirked. Was this... a fan? Well, maybe not... she didn't know his name, did she? The engineer was as flattered as he was embarrassed. He had grown comfortable enough with the mask to wear it in public, but the reminder of its origin once again made the Toa of iron feel the painful history and present burden it carried.

"It... it is perfect," he said, bringing his hand up to his forehead to stroke the golden lines of the Kanohi's carvings. Sometimes he could hardly believe it himself. "But I didn't make it. It's Artakha's Kanohi. Are you new around here? Surely you've heard of m-this Kanohi by now - I used it to build most of this village, after all." 

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

Atamai stood awkwardly next to Knichou and listened him talk to the stranger, just as Stannis was approached by Taja.

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira noticed Cravious looking at something. A rock. "What is it, Cravious?" she asked. "Is there something peculiar about this rock?"

@Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 2

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, (Stannis, Atamai, Taja, Whisper off to the side)

"It... it is perfect," the mostly gray Toa said with his own air of awe, "But I didn't make it. It's Artakha's Kanohi. Are you new around here? Surely you've heard of m-this Kanohi by now - I used it to build most of this village, after all.

Viltia tilted her head in confusion, “What? But Artakha’s not real. How-

The Toa of the Green staggered as if struck, dropping all three of her crates into the soft grass, her tethers shortening to their smallest. Thankfully none of the Kanoka inside the crates activated.

Artakha. Building. 

Artakha… No. NO.

NO WAY.

NO WAY!

Are you.” Viltia’s hands were shaking. Whether out of joy or out of shock she knew not. “Are you telling me that’s the mask? The one and only Legendary Mask of Creation?

She felt light headed. It made sense. The craftsmanship was superb. It made sense a legendary and mythical figure had created it. That Artakha was real.

Viltia grabbed her newly made Legendary Mask of Growth from her left pouch. Her work paled in comparison. Even the garnishes she had added were nothing to the stories told so expertly on the Mask of Creation.

She looked back up at Knichou, “No way. No way.” Her shocked face slowly turned into a beaming smile. “No way. No way.

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira, Tekmo

The pure black form of Whira turned to him, standing out in the cool gray/white of the mists. Her purple optics swirled with unknown thoughts. Her cool and striking voice sought an answer to his silent observations, "What is it, Cravious?" she asked. "Is there something peculiar about this rock?"

Cravious inclined his head towards the rock in question, his naturally cruel voice pondering the situation, “Potentially. Either we’ve passed this rock before, which means this mist is playing tricks on us, or potentially it’s a rock I’ve seen enough in my past to be able to recognize it now. Though that would make it some kind of mental projection. I can’t rule out any potentiality after Irnakk’s machinations.

His gaunt looking face turned to Whira, “Is your home known to play tricks on its inhabitants?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Added Cravious.
  • Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

"This region is known to be host to mysterious circumstances, simply from the natural pooling of Aspects past and future," answered the Aspect. "I do not think it's out of the question that the mist is playing tricks on you, on all of us. However, I do not think Irnakk necessarily would be involved here, his power does not extend down here, as far as I'm aware."

• Like 3

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

With - Whira, Tekmo

Cravious dangerously scratched at his frills with his Seismic Pickaxe as Whira answered him, “I did not mean to imply Irnakk’s direct involvement so much as try to imply that there may be other forces at work here on the same level as my species’ god.

He walked over to the rock and struck it with the pick part of his Seismic Pickaxe, a large cleft left where he had just gouged out a piece of the obsidian. “As long as we remain alert and aware of any potential influence, we should be fine. I hope.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC Leklo | Kini-Koro

The wiry and melancholy toa stole quickly from the villagers on the esplanades of Kini-Koro. He'd seen an airship descend from the west and allowed his curiosity to pique enough to steal a better glance at it, but soon after his interest was sated by knowing who came in the airship he sauntered back to his hut. Under his arm he carried his iStone and a small small bag of gorp to snack on, and while he exchanged niceties with the people he passed by he did not linger in their social spheres for more than the sparest of exchanges while he quickly returned to his dark hovel. People kept hailing him with the same questions, though. 

"Who was in the airship? Did you see who it was, Leklo?"

"I did. Stannis."

"The Wanderer is here? We must seek him out!"

Leklo did not care, however. The old man came and went with purpose and timeliness that were his own, it seemed, and while he had done nothing to injure Leklo's sentiments about him there was little more to be said on the matter and he did not have any of the enthusiasm the villagers seemed to have for the itinerant holy warrior. The Alpinist's mental state had deteriorated since the founding of Kini-Koro, what he took as nothing more than another stopgap measure in the search for peace and tranquillity, a far cry from the bustling metropolis of Metru Nui where everything and everyone was purposeful with industrious intent. He missed what once was and the familiarity he cultivated there. 

For him, nothing held a candle to the past. He longed to return to it and the friendships he'd built before. 

He shut the door to his hut but had underestimated his newfound strength as a Nuva Proxima, and accidentally shut it too hard. It bounced off the latch without catching and was just barely ajar, but Leklo did not care to fix it; the hut was dark enough for his tastes, for the time being, and settled himself on his bed to read. 

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Smoke rose from the obsidian doorway as Korruhn spoke the stanza of Gluttonous Desecration. The air around it became hot, and the blackened stone slowly melted. A flash of lightning cut through the sky, followed by a thunderous toll ringing outwards to echo off the distant rocky mountains. Korruhn heard words in the thunder, but he could not make out their meaning. 

A cool breeze ruffled the scraggly crabgrass desperately surviving in the cracks of the basalt formations that made up the ground. It fluttered Korruhn’s cape and hood, and it threw dirt into Grime’s optics. The matoran blinked and cursed, rubbing his hands in the holes of his mask to try and clean himself. The breeze came from the melting door, Korruhn noticed. 

The obsidian doorway continued to melt from the inside out, forming a molten ring that revealed a dark portal into a midnight sky devoid of stars. The longer he stared, the more Korruhn became convinced he’d seen such a sky before, but couldn’t quite place when or where. However, his heartlight began to beat with increasing pace as the clawed fingers of a hand emerged from the darkness to clasp around the rim of the molten ring of obsidian. Something was pulling themselves through!

“A rahkshi,” Grime said in terror, backing up several steps. “We've been seen, Korruhn!”

Grime’s words proved true: a rahkshi stepped through the portal, its armored suit caked in overgrown weeds. Korruhn knew nothing of rahkshi, there were none in the archives of Onu-Metru, but he did know the bright red with black marbling slug-like creature that screeched and slathered from the opening and closing head of the suit: a kraata, and very powerful. The rahkshi’s spines were like shortswords and glittered in the darkness of the night. It's armor reminded Korruhn of a purple amethyst dulled in hue from centuries of neglect. It struck first, screaming and lunging with clawed hands in an attempt to swipe Korruhn’s swords away...

OOC: @Crimson Jester, you have a wild rahkshi on your hands. Defeat it for a sweet reward, or run the other way as fast as you possibly can. :)

IC: Wairuha | Le-Metru Nuva

I smell him. He is far away. Too far. I will continue my slumber... for now. 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Sometime later, after Tekmo and Whira and Cravious had set off again in search of some discovery in the darknened landscape, they found themselves back at the same infuriating rock. It was conical and round, with spiraling ridges running down almost like a drill bit. It stuck out of the ground at a bit of an angle, and the basalt rock around it was churned up a bit. The three of them suddenly realized it wasn't that they'd been going in circles, but that the rock -- or more aptly the rahi -- had been following them.

OOC: @Toru Nui, @Kal the Guardian, @~Xemnas~

IC: Tuyet | Metru-Koro

“Yeah… No, sorry to burst your bubble Doc but we’re not all dead. At least one of us is still alive and kicking,” she winked, “but I can’t speak for the others. I haven’t seen them since they -- you know what that totally doesn’t matter. You asked who Buddy is. Buddy’s, like, you know, Buddy. Tall, a little broody, generally doesn't have much going on but he's got your back in a pinch. This nerd’s friends with Buddy, and they both know Ghosty. Ghosty’s like their valet or something. I’m surprised you guys are even friends though. You’re still all friends though, right? Like, I’d be super embarrassed if I said you’re friends and you’re totally not anymore.”

Tuyet noticed the cap of a bottle peeking out of Triage’s bag and stuck her hand out expectantly.

OOC: @BULiK, @Nato the Traveler, @Tarn, @Onaku

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 8

Happy chat.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

With - Whira, Tekmo

They found themselves near the rock again. It was conical, growing wider towards the bottom even as it tapered slightly at the top. Kind of looked like a drill bit. The gash where Cravious had struck it earlier was still evident, marking it as the same rock. He turned his X-Ray Vision from the mists to the rock and the earth below, scanning layer by layer until the true lay before him. He laughed, harsh and grating. How had he missed it? It clearly even showed up as a ping to his Kraata Power of Mind Reading that another mind was nearby. “It’s a Rahi, not a rock. Look at the disturbed ground around it where it’s burrowed into the ground.

His mirth was not without restraint, though. This far south, all Rahi wanted to kill you, and his weapons were always ready to be used. “Have we cause for concern, Whira? This thing didn’t retaliate when I took a chunk out of it before, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t attack us later.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Xaril - Metru-Koro

"Urgh, enough of this babbling!" Xaril snarled, his clawed foot rattling the deck as he stomped down upon it. He leaned forward, glowering at Tuyet. "A city appeared from the sand without inhabitants or explanation. You were found in that city, on the brink of death. Explain." 

@Unreliable Narrator @Tarn @BULiK @Onaku

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"In my defense I didn't put the city there, if that's what you're thinking," Tuyet said as Xaril demanded an explanation. "I just have bad luck catching someone who doesn't belong here. His name's Axonn, and this is the second time he's gotten away from me. He's got help now, powerful help. It's like he's got friends on the other side, and he hits like a kane-ra."

Tuyet's fingers wiggled for the bottle in Triage's bag. She couldn't reach it. She sighed and leaned back, hands placed behind herself to stay upright.

"I'm afraid the whole saving the universe from collapsing by using the six disks of time didn't work. If anything, I think we might of made it totally worse. I dunno though -- I haven't hopped far enough out to see. Since Axonn I'm worried of having like another accident."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @BULiK, @Tarn, @Onaku

• Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - Crimson Galleon

"Friends?" Triage wasn't entirely taking in what the Toa of Water was saying. He followed her gaze until he noticed what she was reaching for. "Oh, uh, this isn't for..."

The medic sighed and produced a half-empty bottle of some sort of alcoholic drink, that if asked about he would have said was for patients. But the faded, barely visible label still on it spoke otherwise. He surrendered it to Tuyet.

"Would I be forgiven in saying that this is all going over my head? Saving the universe from collapsing is pretty heavy stuff to comprehend."

@BULiK@Onaku@Nato the Traveler@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"You're doing great Doc. Still conscious, not trying to kill me, you're doing good. Give it five minutes."

Tuyet took the bottle gratefully, the lid unscrewing with a metallic screech. After a quick sip she plopped it in her lap, fully intent on finishing it off, and turned her attention back to the League warrior. He had that sort of League look to him: pouty, aggressive, and big. Or was that the toa look? She couldn't care less.

"Fill me in: Pridak's still in charge right? It's been two days for me since I last saw Buddy, and I'm absolutely horrible with calendars."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @BULiK, @Tarn, @Onaku

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Xaril - Metru-Koro

"Pridak is dead. Has been for a month now," he growled. "The Toa Aurax rules Metru-Nui now. Or at least, what's left of it." 

Most of what Tuyet was saying sounded like the ramblings of a madwoman, and the talk of time disks and Axonn went right over Xaril's head. But he still took mental note of it. He'd learned long ago that him not understanding something didn't mean it wasn't important. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

The inside of the nearest knowledge tower yielded less bounty than those previous had. This tower was full of offices and empty conference rooms. Stacks of paper towered precariously over desks, at which sat custom-ordered chairs with lumbar support and padded arms. Evidently, the people who worked here had been used to pulling long hours, and had decided that a good chair was worth the price tag. Whatever electronics Niidak could find were broken beyond repair: cracked screens and broken iStones and lifeless machinery. One floor held a myriad of telescopes of various lengths, shapes, and sizes; all save one were dented and full of shattered glass. The one telescope that wasn't completely ruined was about the length of her arm. It had a long crack across the lens, but it still appeared to work well enough otherwise. Like most artifacts found in knowledge towers, it was designed to study the stars, so there was no way to tell how well it would work until night fell and the stars came out.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

"What—"

Taja cut herself off, suddenly unsure. Stannis seemed to have the habit of asking the right questions. She suddenly recalled an old saying that Jaa had sometimes floated across the office when she was frustrated over some astrological matter: The right question is harder to find than the right answer. She had usually rolled her eyes at the pithy proverb, but it had always worked anyway. It reminded her to focus her efforts, and not waste energy on anything unrelated to the problem she was trying to solve. If you didn't know the question you were asking, you'd waste valuable time and energy floundering through all sorts of wrong answers before you realized they were wrong. But if you stopped and took the time to figure out exactly what you wanted to know, then all you had to do was figure it out.

That was wisdom, she supposed. And Stannis had asked the right question, so maybe his wise reputation wasn't entirely inaccurate. Who was she asking for? For Whisper, of course. But... also for herself. She had refused to admit it to anyone, even herself, but the past month had seen Taja bored almost out of her mind. It felt wrong to even think, like she was admitting she wasn't a proper Toa. Wasn't this her job—to stand guard over her people until a threat showed itself? It wasn't a Toa's purpose to seek out adventure, but that was all she wanted to do.

Ever since her journey through the Fau Swamp, Taja had craved adventure. And ever since she had learned the dark knowledge at the heart of the grand temple, she had hungered to learn more. Her daily training had helped her progress in skill, but it wasn't enough. She knew she wasn't yet ready to protect her people from all the threats the island could throw at them. She needed more. She needed whatever Stannis knew, and whatever Whisper could find. Not just for her people, either; but also for herself. She wanted to be better for its own sake. To strike out on heroic adventures for their own sake. To plumb the depths of this land and lay her hands on whatever secrets she could find. To carve her name into legend. 

Was that wrong? A few months ago, she would have said yes. She would have said it was her duty to follow the destiny laid out for her by the great spirit. But now she wasn't so sure. The old ways were gone, rusting away in the decapitated skull of a dead god. Now the world was open to her, and she wanted to experience all of it. She was a scholar at heart, and longed to record the secrets of the island like she had once charted the movements of the stars.

"I mean us both," Taja finally said, aware that she had let the silence drag on a little too long. "But... that includes me."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 4

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Streets

"Yes way. Yes way. Yes way. Yes way," Knichou replied. It wasn't often people were so excited to hear about his powers. He might have some fun with this. This Toa pulled out a Kanohi from her pouch, interesting. The engineer reached out his arm as the golden carvings on Knichou's mask glowed slightly. A glass of ice water appeared in front of the Toa of iron, which he promptly caught.

"What's that?" Knichou asked, casually taking a sip.

IC: Exuze, Metru-Koro

Exuze didn't have a clue what was going on. Save the universe from collapsive? Yeah no ####, whatever she did didn't work. At least he knew that buddy wasn't the murderer now. He thought back to what Tuyet had said when she was about to die.

"Yea, Pridak's long gone. Anyway, is this 'Axonn' tha guy who's gonna try ta kill 'Ghosty' too? Why didja say he was gonna die?"

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, (Stannis, Atamai, Taja, Whisper)

Viltia’s optics widened with wonder as she saw the mask put to use. Her mouth hung open, a smile warping the motion. The glass was perfectly formed. And the water was real, as the Toa displayed by taking a sip. And he didn’t look like any Toa of Water she had ever seen. Though to be fair she had only ever seen the resident one back in her old village. The closest she could get to the action was making a coconut and a wooden cup. Glass needed to be blown. Water needed to be pure. She just appreciated the action for a bit, optics trained on the glass.

To think that before Zakaz she had only heard of Great Discs in passing as a for sure fable was mind blowing now that the actual mask of Creation was being used in front of her. This island never ceased to amaze her with its possibilities.

But she kept some semblance of coherence this time, eventually responding to the mask bearer’s question. She held up her mask of Growth, turning it for him to see. It was finely crafted, itself a step above most all other masks, though below the MoC. Perhaps the only mask on par with it being the NUVA mask Sidra now wore (And that Atamai next to Knichou wore, but she was too awestruck to notice). It appeared as if it was polished, though it wasn’t, and there were ornate sculptings along its surface of leaves being struck by drops of rain.

I made this yesterday. It’s a mask of Growth. I made it from a Great Disc of Enlarge and it turned out to be twice as powerful as a normal mask of Growth, so I guess technically it’s a ‘Legendary’ mask and not a Great one, but…” Viltia stared at the mask of Creation again, “Maybe I need to think of a new name in light of finally seeing a true Legendary mask.

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 2

An eyebrow was raised. Normally Knichou wouldn't be too interested in how a kanohi was forged - so many Ta-Metruan artisans made them, it was hard for any to be truly unique, especially compared to the research the Ghosts did. Knichou was always more interested in the fundamental forces of nature behind the kanohi, and never spent much time creating them himself beyond a few experiments. But something this Toa of plantlife said caught Knichou's attention. He swallowed, forcing himself not to spit his drink out in surprise, then began to respond.

"You... made that Kanohi out of a great disk?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula) - Apology Is the Best Policy

"Not to worry, I have a solution - apologize."

Tekmo turned to the rock with an apologetic expression on his face. "We are sorry for taking a bit out of you without your permission... there, that should do it."

@Unreliable Narrator@Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~

IC: Ostrox (The Far Shore, The Junkyard) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 1

"What is this place?"

Ostrox found himself in some manner of colossal junkyard. Discarded metal covered every scrap of ground - if there even was ground underneath it. A huge airship rested behind him, rusting apart, eerily similar to the Nynrah vessel that held the Krom Sphere. Since there was no other discernible landmark, Ostrox trudged along the field of junk towards the vessel.

After the thirteenth step, there was no metal clanging yielded from his footsteps. He looked down. What was beneath him now was not metal - not entirely. It was flesh as well.

"Help... me..."

It was a Matoran.  Half of one, anyway. The legs were missing. He had an usual pale colour that made it difficult to identify his element.

There was the rustling of metal behind him. The useless garbage he had just been walking on seemed to magnetically become attracted to one another. A broken Kanoka Launcher became a torso, a fractured Pakari became a floating disembodied head, and various other bits and bobs became limbs, held together by some unnatural polarity.

Hardly the oddest thing he had seen, but it was up there.

"Help... me... please..." The Matoran begged. Ostrox almost worked up a degree of sympathy for the wretched thing. But if he could not muster the strength needed to pull himself out of this junkheap, then he was not worthy of his attention.

Suddenly, the junk golem spoke. In Ostrox’s language, no less.

"Delarg arit kel." Do not help him. As if he needed any convincing.

"Hoporic. Ivu vak zik morsk oxt cenner, rovaen khi xenoph. Emivu yerq kloka ivu az? Ivu emazr fel ele uulk." Gladly. I have no interest in garbage, living or otherwise. May I ask where I am? I appear to be lost.

"Uvlo ka naaz uulk maval welk uvlar rov loka. Uva delarg arit uvloxa, quor uva delargvak uv rennok. Uvlo ka vak uulkvak uvlar rennok - uulkvak uvlar rov - naaz zron vek rul cennor. Ralvun." Those who are lost often find their way here. They do not help themselves, for they lack the strength. Those who have lost their strength - lost their way - are worth less than nothing. Like you.

"I... I don’t understand what you’re saying, could you-" Ostrox stamped on the Matoran’s head to shut him up.

Then, as if summoned by the oh-so-heinous act of slightly harming a Matoran, a Toa wearing an Akaku and armour that looked like it was made out of junk - because it was - popped out of the scrap pile to Ostrox’s left. The armour was spray-painted orange - Toa of Iron? It seemed like she bade the metal to move out of the way so she could travel beneath it. That made no sense, but, whatever. He drew his sword by reflex, but the Toa just held up her hands in surrender.

"Easy. I’m just here for him."

"Do not help him." Said the junk golem, this time in Matoran, so that the Toa could understand. Not that he would heed it.

"He’s still alive! If I just get him to the Haven-"

"A meaningless effort. Those who are of no use have only one Destiny..."

The magnetism entity waved its makeshift arm, made mostly from a drainage pipe. Before Ostrox could quite grasp what was happening, his sword, mask, Rhotuka Launcher - they all suddenly escaped him to dive into the sea of scrap he was standing on. Then, it felt as if that very sea was pulling him under.

"Help... help-" The Matoran gave one last plea before he was completely covered by junk.

"To sink into the endless abyss."

The Toa watched in utter horror, before turning to the golem with hatred in her eyes. She could afford to do so, as for some reason, she wasn't being pulled under.

Ostrox winced as he felt a sharp piece of metal cut into his right foot. He tried to break free, but he was already up to his ankles in junk. Then, his sword returned from the scrapyard sea, floating by itself in midair - and pointing at Ostrox, ready to skewer him.

"Definitely not going to recommend this to others."

IC: Ulkarr (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Stick to the Shadows

So, he was a 'heretic' now. One could not blaspheme against a lie, much less a lie yet unheard of. However, he considered it best to play along with the machine’s delusions. For now.

He bowed to the empty room, in a facsimile of respect he most certainly did not have. "Please, forgive this unworthy specimen for any past heresies." Ulkarr certainly couldn’t recall performing any, but that was the strained logic of a failing artifice for you.

He examined the chamber for the sign of anything out of place. The computer’s judgement as to its status was, like the computer itself, highly questionable.

@Unreliable Narrator@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp) - Caution: Rogue Robots

Well, NU-8020S wasn’t sure about that. The more fallible, flawed meatbags that were dragged into this, the higher the probability of failure. In this case, 'failure' was defined as any outcome that ends with the Vahki still remaining under organic control. But it was better that these Toa do so, and not the other Toa they didn’t like.

"Your approval is appreciated. However, though possibility of failure is miniscule, it must be accounted for. In the event of a worst-case scenario, captured or terminated units must be disowned by the leadership of Tobduk-Koro and Kini-Koro, and their actions denounced, in order to preserve the current ceasefire. Any action we take must be that of a 'rogue element', until the operation’s success."

@Tarn@Sparticus147@Harvali

IC: Achro (Kini-Koro) - Join the Army, They Said

"Who? Oh right, the king man. Sorry about that. I saw a giant head crash into a Skakdi fortress, which led to getting enlisting in some sort of army, I think. No hard feelings over backing the wrong side?"

@Snelly

Edited by Toru Nui
Edited out unneeded Waveahk post. Fixed continuity error in Ostrox's adventure.
  • Like 4

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Mostly trash inside, as expected. The seats were comfortable but too large to carry, and most items were broken. But the telescope seemed good enough to be of use for some stargazer. She grabbed it and put it in her satchel.

The rest wasn’t useful by itself, but Niidak’s technical mind was already thinking if she could assemble some tool that could be used to behead the statue. She started gathering components and putting them together, using her experience with weapons to her advantage.

OOC: @Eyru so what are the limits of vortixx technomancy? i was thinking she could assemble some kind of cutting laser using the glass, but wasn’t sure if that’s stretching the limits

• Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

A Great Disk? Now Atamai was intrigued. The only other person besides Dume who had succeeded in making a Great Disk was Sidra. "A Great Disk? You wouldn't happen to know Sidra, would you?" he asked.

@BULiK @Kal the Guardian

"I.. do not think that this Rahi understands speech," Whira said to Tekmo.

• Like 2

IC: Detsu | Fort Nektann

Detsu's mind was a fortress, as sturdy and well-protected as the castle in which they all currently resided. He was a Skakdi of the Mind, after all -- and so his thoughts did not lend themselves to wanton reading by any two-bit scrying eye who had happened to make what must have been a deal with a demon. This was all the confirmation that the warskak needed to know that Drukarus had, indeed, allowed himself to be desecrated. The only question was -- by whom?

Parnassus' mind, on the other, was a storm -- roiling and raging. Fear, confusion, anger. Images of Stannis -- Caedast -- looming over them, his cloak whipping around him like the limbs of a shadowy beast. Parnassus in combat against Drukarus, victorious. Parnassus in combat against Drukarus, crumpled to the ground, a husk of armour. Visions of Detsu, visions of Detsu dead, visions of Detsu with a child--

"Listen, Drukarus," Detsu said. "Let's cut to the chase. My ward over there reckons you and them have the same benefactor. And they've got a job they need to get done for him that they don't know they can accomplish alone. They're looking for some help -- and based on what you've been preaching these past weeks, seems like you've built yourself up as some sorta helper, no?"

OOC: @Sparticus147

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The old Wanderer admired Taja's forthright honesty, as well as her ability to pause and ponder on her intentions. Cognizance was vital to processing knowledge in all forms. Still, if Taja spoke for the both of them, the previous arrangement made with her patron still stood as valid. 

"Then you will learn together, and you will wait together," he said, firm but not unkindly so. "We will speak, but this is neither the time or place for our conversation."

@Nato the Traveler @Eyru

• Like 2

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Atamai, (Stannis, Taja, Whisper)

You... made that Kanohi out of a great disk?" The fair voice of the mask bearer asked, subtle surprise evident in his tone.

Viltia nodded, turning around her mask of Growth to look at it herself again. “Sure did! It took me three months and a lot of learning, but I finally did it.” She looked absolutely full of joy. In her voice you could hear the passion for mask making. As she emotionally returned to her normal self, her tethers slowly extended, flowing as if in some kind of ocean current. “After I figured how to make Great Discs a little over a month ago, I knew I had to try making a Kanohi out of one of them.

"A Great Disk? You wouldn't happen to know Sidra, would you?" a second Toa asked. He was tall, kind of like Sidra was after she became NUVA, but different proportionally. He was all silver, polished and gleaming like her masks before they were worn. He wore a cloak, but the way it rippled and shimmered implied it wasn’t made of cloth.

And his mask, oh! Viltia’s optics widened in recognition as she looked at the second Toa. His mask was organic looking just like Sidra’s. He must be NUVA too. For a moment, she appreciated how his mask turned upon itself in flowing folds, then she responded, “Oh hey! You have a NUVA mask too. You must be…” Viltia scratched at her mask, Sidra had told her his name a while ago, “Atamai! I’m Viltia.” She gave a quick little wave, “But yeah, Sidra and I are great friends. She said she was coming here, actually. She wanted to ask Nuju more about that ‘Far Shore’ stuff. I don’t know where she is now.

Viltia peered towards the shimmering, rainbow portal in the center of the clearing, but she only saw a white Matoran. “Her making her Great Disc from that Ice sword inspired me to find my own way to make Great Discs. Before that I didn’t even know they existed. Actually, it was Sidra who helped me realize I even wanted to learn how to forge at all.

She put her mask of Growth back in her left pouch and leaned down, sliding a side off of one of the crates she had grown herself. The action revealed the six Kanoka nestled securely inside. “I’m here with some normal discs to trade for stuff for our village. We can’t exactly make everything we need in the Fau Swamp.” Viltia paused, momentary concern on her face, “Not that we live there or anything, in case that information gets into the wrong hands. We’ve already had enough trouble with those undead attacking and Nektann showing up and destroying things on accident. Not to mention all the defiled energized protodermis and mutated Rahi we have to deal with. Uh... that is, if we lived in the Fau Swamp.

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 4

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The cloaked wizard postured his body to put one ear to Taja and Whisper and the other ear to Viltia. If she indeed came from the Swamp, she may have information and knowledge on its shifting terrains that could prove helpful. 

He listened, and he learned, neither dismissing or engaging either party with singular attention yet. 

• Like 1

This was a lot of information to process at once. This Toa knew Dume's assassin? She made great disks? She lived in the swamp? Undead attacks? Knichou blinked.

"Who?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro]

The transformed Matoran jerked back, looking startled at the Turaga, before trying to push past Klawne to get back to the brawl. She still hissed and snarled at the other two, and Klawne could have sworn it sounded like Nixie was giving her fellow afflicted the Rahi equivalent of a verbal dressing down. 

The two on the ground behind her reacted indignant, with snarls of their own, clamoring to get back to their feet. They were not willing to concede yet. Not backing down either, Nixie flashed them her fangs.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

She was still waiting for a reply from Yumiwak when the thunder cracked behind her, back down the passage she’d come. Still twitchy from the mind games she’d just endured, the titan immediately halted her advance and spun, weapons raised. The last thing they needed was to be physically ambushed on top of the nightmare visions. But it wasn’t their opponents that rounded the bend, it was Ysocla.

The titan didn’t trust her current companions as far as she could potentially throw them (which was quite a bit), but out of the bunch, she found this one the most agreeable - relatively speaking. So, to the potential surprise of the Skakdi, she felt compelled to ask:

“Are you alright? Was that you with the thunder? What happened?”

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Atamai, (Stannis, Taja, Whisper)

Viltia set down the removable portion of the crate on top of itself. Her voice grew warm, “Yeah, Nektann. He used to rule Zakaz. This island Zakaz, anyway. Then Barius betrayed him and turned him into a Tahtorak in Irnakk’s Tooth.” Her voice spat out Barius’ name as she pointed at the very obvious volcano that towered above all the other mountains on the island. Even now blackened smoke billowed from its top, like Irnakk was active and watching something devious unfold.

Unfortunately, as a Tahtorak, he has a hard time even remembering himself. Luckily I was able to merge with him after I got these-” She wiggled her tethers, “-and was able to steer him clear of our village and help guide him to go find his rose, Miserix.

She shook her head sadly, “I hope he’s doing well. He wasn’t able to help this island grow like he wanted when he was alive as a Skakdi, and now with his memory loss, I fear he won’t even be able to find his Miserix.

Viltia perked up, “I’m surprised you haven’t seen or heard of him. He’s like 300 feet tall and it rains for miles around him wherever he goes. Hopefully he’s stayed out of trouble.

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

"I'm incapable of getting hard." Skyra said, blinking. "But yeah uh, we're cool. I'm retired and stuff now." 

"Anyway, see ya." Skyra started walking away from the conversation she'd made awkward.

@Toru Nui

• Like 4

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Barius? Miserix? Mata-Nui...

So this was the monster Knichou had been preparing the Taku to ward off? Toa of plantlife... used her... tentacles (???) to merge (?!?!?) with the giant that wrecked Po-Koro? (!??!?!?!??!)

"What does Nektann have to do with Miserix? Do you know where Miserix is?" Knichou asked, subtly nudging Stannis with an elbow.

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Atamai, Stannis, Taja, Whisper

Viltia had momentary been fondly remembering being merged with Nektann. She sure hoped he hadn’t forgotten her, though she feared he had. She had barely been able to remember her own friends as the Tahtorak. Nektann was probably faring much more poorly than she had. The mask bearer’s question snapped her focus back to the conversation.

Miserix was this Aspect of Makuta that Nektann somehow had trapped in a spherical toy. She was going to help him create a better Zakaz. Though she might have been lying to him. I’m not sure yet.” Viltia held up her hands to imitate the size and shape of the toy. “Oh, Aspects of Makuta are these dangerous shadow/gas beings from down south with these world shaping powers called Grand Wishes. Sorilax says not to trust any of them since it’s hardwired into their nature to be selfish above all else, but Sorilax himself sure doesn’t seem bad to me, since he’s the one that warned us about his own species, after all. And Apex is pretty nice too, though she hates anything that isn’t natural. And she is… well, she’s quite scary up close when you aren’t piloting a Tahtorak. Okay and she can be quite fierce and angry, too. I still like her, though.

Viltia slowed as she realized the conversation had strayed from the original question, “Wait, what were we… Oh, right, Miserix. Yeah I have no idea where Miserix is now. I assume she’s still trapped in that toy and probably with Barius now in his oasis fortress to the northeast.

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Eyru I figured I better tag everyone in the group again since Viltia just dropped some Miserix and Sorilax knowledge.

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

"You keep interesting company," Whisper spoke up, deciding not to acknowledge the remark about Aspects being dangerous. "Apex isn't one to be trifled with. Nor are Tahtorak. To not only survive, but to befriend both... that speaks to a great deal of charisma, or luck."

She recalled her previous  encounter with Apex, who had swooped off in the direction of a storm in the swamps. She realised now, based on Viltia's remarks, that the storm must have been Nektann. Which meant this village Viltia had come from had to be somewhere between the Ruins and the Kumu Penninsula. 

• Like 2

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander Try it and find out! If your character has skills related to building gadgets, and has the resources and tools needed to do it, then go ahead.

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

Taja nodded. She realized she may have been a little too forthcoming, but Stannis didn't seem to mind. "Thank you," she said.

Then she and Stannis both turned their full attention to the newcomer Toa, who was saying a lot of very interesting things.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Atamai, Stannis, Taja, Whisper

Viltia turned at the sound of the new, airy voice. And jumped, her tethers stretching out to pull her back a few feet. It was that floating, tentacle thing. She smiled sheepishly and held a hand to her chest as she calmed her breathing. “Sorry, I’ve never seen one of your species before. Back in the… giant robot, I spent all my life in my secluded village.

She moved back to her previous position, stealing a glance to appreciate the Mask of Creation again. All these questions had distracted her from appreciating it.

But you’ve met Apex too? She doesn’t seem the kind to make a lot of friends. That’s good to hear. As for befriending beings… Uh, I think it must be luck. Because I have no idea what I’m doing most of the time. I garden, I forge, I protect my friends, and then everything else I have to improvise.

Viltia thought about it some more, “Actually, yeah, luck makes a lot more sense, if you believe in it, anyway. Nektann would have killed me if not for my tethers. Or, well, I guess Taboo is the proper term. It was kind of a stressful night and I’m not sure how I got it despite Taboos only being for Aspects, but something was eating my leg and suddenly these tethers sprouted from me and my head filled with the knowledge of what I could do with them. When Nektann swallowed me and I entered his pocket dimension, I was able to comfort him by merging with him and controlling his body for a bit.

She had absolutely no idea how crazy all of that sounded.

She nodded, “Yeah, definitely luck. Or Destiny. Maybe.

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

• Like 2

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

"Helper...An odd term." Drukarus processed what knowledge he gleaned as he considered Detsu's words. His concern was to his own kind, not to this demon...But...If Stannis was willing to bargain with them, then Drukarus would be willing to humor this proposal.

"I'm not sure what you mean...But...I suppose, I shall at least listen to what this request may be."

OOC: @Conway

Edited by Sparticus147

"Taboo? Is that an aspect power that... non-aspects can wield? How does that work?"

He shot a glance back at Stannis. 'Taboo', huh? That word really sums up why Stannis was so reluctant to explain his pact with Aurax...

• Like 1