Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC Kanohi - Kini-Nui

Kanohi flinched, but not because of Vulimai. The Akiri had asked only to delay for now which … made sense. It was disheartening, but it made sense. Kini-Koro would need to prepare for the worst, as would Tobduk-Koro. They would both need defenses, shelters, and plans in case the league bombed the portals to sever the two villages. They would need plans to protect life. They would need stockpiles onto survive on if they couldn’t shepherd, water to live on, it would time. And with that beast out there, they needed to be ready even if they succeeded.

No, instead he was disturbed by Councilor NU’s casual suggestion to dismiss any people sent to free the Vahki. To deny any involvement. To abandon them. He … he had just praised the virtue of Unity. It was … he knew Mata-Nui was no kind god, he knew that it might even be smart to deny that they had broken the truce. But th-the ruthlessness.

Memories resurfaced, Vahki marching in Metru-Nui, guarding all ports, when he was there he saw them prevent a few former slaves from Stelt, the panic attack and them blasting him. The weeks of interrogation, study, the staves made the memories faint, but as the vigilante Kanohi he could remember Vahki brainwashing Matoran, enforcing constant labor, hunting any stragglers, how they hunted Toa Stannis…

He shook his head. That … that was the work of Dume, the Turaga who had at least one Matoran killed. And he … Matoran society was prejudicial, he had a bias, he probably misremembered the details. He had never been smart or able to handle conflict he … his perspective was not reliable on this.

Finally he said, “I … I so many died in the Impact. I … I don’t think we can sacrifice more. I … I suppose if we could have Toa use Iden to puppet mindless drones, have them do it. I … I think Knichou could make drones easily enough. Or maybe backups of the Tobduk-Koro Vahki. If it is important enough.” He swallowed and looked at Nale. “I … I am not a good mask maker, I am better than I was in my homeland, but even then, I know at least what masks are meant to look like.” Meaning he was pretty sure Knichou now wore a Legendary Mask, and well, he knew one had last been in Metru-Koro, and given all the things built in Kini-Koro, well, Kanohi was a fool, but not completely oblivious.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn

• Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui, Ampling Alp)

Vulimai listened to everyone speak, with varying reactions. Vulimai wasn't sure what Nale had meant when she said that they weren't going to even accept the mission, seems a bit to early to give up. NU spoke the harsh truth, a vague idea that Vulimai was hesitant to vocalize but she herself couldn't deny as the best option. And Kanohi...Hopeful Kanohi.

"I understand the basis for the idea Kanohi, but I do not think that anyone within Kini-Koro has the capacity to create such Kanohi, let alone more than one. Though, Councilor NU, apologies if this may offend you but...Didn't one of your Vahki companions recently met their end? Toa Knichou could theoretically learn how to create more Vahki from their remains."

Turning her attention specifically onto Kanohi, Vulimai felt like this was important to share to the young councilor, "Whether we are too call it as such or not, to attempt to unshackle the Vahki from Aurax' control will be an act of war...And war demands sacrifices. Councilor NU is not wrong. But, perhaps with whatever control Toa Stannis has over Aurax, we may be able to avoid war in the event this fails. But we will need to ask him first."

OOC: @Tarn @Toru Nui @Harvali

• Like 3

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Atamai, Stannis, Taja, Whisper

"Taboo? Is that an aspect power that... non-aspects can wield? How does that work?" The mask bearer spoke again.

Viltia was glad to turn and look at his Kanohi again. She shrugged, “I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be just for Aspects. But Sorilax didn’t know much about them since he didn’t know any. Otherwise I’m sure he would have told us everything about them. Like I said, I have absolutely no idea how I know one. I think they must be secret techniques or powers or something.

Viltia reached down to her left thigh, where a large mass of glowing silver patched up a particularly nasty wound. She pushed the tether there out of the way so the others assembled could see the three squiggly lines carved into the silver mass. “I know this symbol represents my Taboo. It’s just something my brain now knows. I have no idea where the knowledge came from. It’s just kind of there. Now I’m just guessing here, but if other Taboos are like mine, then you’ll be able to see them engraved on the beings that know them.

A memory came to Viltia’s mind, “Oh yeah! Also, when I was talking with the Admin. Or, uh, the Administrator, it said that Mata Nui was known for having this Taboo. It apparently mistook me for him at first. Which- Just wow. I don’t know what to make of that. No way it’s our Mata Nui. Probably just some old Aspect with the same name.

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Niidak fiddled with the machine parts and sharp pieces of metal for a while, trying out different ideas that could be useful for cutting stone. Eventually, using her innate knowledge of machinery, she finally assembled a rudimentary power saw of sorts, powered by a battery she had salvaged that was probably almost empty. It wasn’t much, but at least it was better than trying to cut the stone by hand.

She left the towers and returned to the statue. She took a closer look at its neck, trying to find the best place to cut, and placed the Kanohi Miru on her face to shield her face from sparks. Then she turned on the crude device she had assembled, expecting it to explode in her grasp, and started cutting through the neck. A terrible, ear-piercing noise came out of the stone as a fountain of sparks erupted from it. It’s as if Hafu’s ghost was screaming about his statue being defaced - literally.

OOC: @Eyru hope this is fine then

• Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

Standing before the shrine door, Apex only lightly payed attention to the approach of Waveahk as she gazed at the door, old memories rising within her mind. That moment, her false birth, where she was nothing more than a desperate shade amongst the wispy shadows. It was a memory she was surprised she still could remember, yet other memories, like those that had spurred her on her wish, still being vague, distant thoughts.

And then the green wisps of lost kin began to circle around them, Apex batting at them, willing them to rid themselves, yet still recoiling as their serpentine forms caressed her vessel. And then, the world took a noticeable shift as the bonfire and the other two behind Apex, Morangad, and Waveahk vanished. It was a shift and sensation that caused her form to bristle on end, her attention momentarily being taken by the door before her, the red sign glowing ominously towards her, beckoning her for an offering.

Turning her head away quickly and with a shake of her head, Apex at last decided to face Waveahk and addressed the truly bizarre being before them. "What is it you desire of me.....Uhm...Uhhhh....Whatever you are?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp

Knichou craft more Vahki? This sounded more like a slippery slope into making Kini-Koro the next Metru Nui, rather than tactically removing Aurax's control of the robotic enforcers. Nale was now listening more intently. "Rain check on the mask making," she said to Kanohi, then looked towards Vulimai and NU. "I can talk to Knichou about...the other thing. But I have something to speak with him about, anyway."

@Harvali@Sparticus147@Toru Nui

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

Atamai said nothing, but continued to listen to the conversation. Viltia was giving him valuable information.

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

The rock-Rahi spoke. Whira blinked in surprise.

"Er, well, my companion and I," she began, gesturing to Cravious, "We are here searching for pure energized protodermis." She then gestured to Tekmo. "Tekmo here has become separated from his friends, two Toa and a being known as a Zyglak."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

Location - Kini-Nui

"Toa Viltia," another new being asked, "can you show that sigil to us again?"

Viltia subconsciously let her tether settle back into place, actually widening it to further obscure the symbol. The… Toa? talking to her was tall and foreboding, a dense, dark gray cloak covering his form. His white optics seemed to peer a little too deeply in her direction. He seriously creeped her out, as did most beings who decided to wear cloth and hide their bodies. Especially to the level this being did. Only his mask, hands, and feet were showing, though even they were partially obscured by the cloak.

He gave off this weird, creepy vibe with the way his face was shadowed, yet his white optics pierced through. She didn’t trust him. She trusted the floating tentacle being more than this new Toa.

Umm… No thank you.” The tether on her thigh wrapped around her thigh several times, completely covering the symbol. She turned to the others, optics occasionally darting back to the tall, creepy Toa in case he moved towards her. “Anyway. Like I said before, I’m here to trade Kanoka. Do any of you know where I should go to do that?

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 3

IC Kanohi - Kini-Nui

The Fe-Matoran Councilor paused, “Toa Stannis has influence on Barraki Aurax? I … was not aware of that. That could affect things, depending on what his influence is. If it is alright, can you tell us a bit more about it? I am not the most familiar with the League’s new leader. Or, it’s older leaders.”

He swallowed and continued, “And about sacrifices, sorry. I know I am naive. I … I know that sacrifices must be made. I know that rationally at least, if not emotionally. I just … in all honesty I am a bit uncomfortable with mentioning them so casually. But maybe if it was subtle, it would be easier to ignore what we were discussing.

Kanohi sighed, and then once more caught sight of Vulimai’s rusted mask. He tried not to gag, he could practically feel the jagged texture against his skin. He swallowed though, he had a duty. ”A-Akiri Vulimai, sorry. Just, textures can mess with me. But, do remind me to ask you a question after we finish this decision. It’s not about the Vahki.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Indeed I do," Stannis said with no indication of being slighted in his tone. He wasn't, really, and had no ill will towards Viltia reacting as she did—knowledge came and went when it was due, and one way or another he would obtain what there was and disseminate it for others as needed as well, after all. "The village marketplace is two brooks south-southwest. Follow this path, and then three cross-streets later you'll see a cairn made of basalt. Turn left, then cross the bridge, and then you'll come around a corner from a hut that smells like a fish smokery. You will have arrived when you see the small green pennants. I'm sure Vulimai and Knichou will enjoy having new Kanoka to use in further constructions here."

His direction-giving proved several things to his companions of the moment: Firstly, it showed that even in his most distracted of moments the old man was sharp as a tack at absorbing new information, and secondly, it demonstrated that even when he meandered without a clear sense of direction the Wanderer was supremely aware of his surroundings. Knichou had seen this at play before, when Stannis led the missions in Metru-Nui, though it was a curious thing to witness there in a village Stannis had only done a single cursory walkthrough. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Whisper - Kini-Nui

It took a few moments for Whisper to process everything had Viltia said about her taboo. And longer still for Whisper to fully appreciate the enormity of one particular revelation. "Mata Nui... your god..." she rounded on Stannis, rage creeping into her voice, "...the one you said banished shadow from the world he made... is an Aspect?!"

@Kal the Guardian @EmperorWhenua @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

• Like 5

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - Kini-Nui

While he may be creepy in appearance, his voice was oddly soothing. And he sure knew his way around the village. Viltia nodded in thanks as the tentacle being began speaking to the tall, cloaked figure. She slid the side of the crate back into place and swapped her mask of Quick Travel for the mask of Flight in her front pouch. She picked up her crates, gave one last longing look at the mask of Creation, then activated her mask and flew off.

From the air, she easily saw the green flags gently flapping in the cold mountain breeze. The location certainly looked like a marketplace, full of noise and widgets exchanging hands for those that still had widgets. Other places she could see trading taking place. She was definitely in the right place.

Her tethers stretching out to ease her landing, Viltia moved forward, looking for items her village might need. They needed to be valuable and sorely needed, but small enough to carry back in the crates.

• Like 1

"Well, I would tell you more, but Toa Stannis himself has left the details to vaguery. We would have to ask him personally for his input." Vulimai turned her head as she mumbled something to herself. "And it is fine Councilor Kanohi. You may be young, but that just means you have more room to grow. And honestly, I would consider you more fit to lead in peace rather than in strife, which I continue to hope for."

At the mention of Kanohi's comment about his discomfort on textures, Vulimai reached up to her mask to momentarily remove it. During her rehabilitation and training, endurance was one of the foremost traits taught to the Matoran; that included being able to keep consciousness without one's mask. Most Matoran couldn't last more than a minute, but Vulimai was stubborn, and more than once it became relevant on the fields of battle for her to be able to stay awake without a mask.

But when she attempted to remove it, before she could even place her hands on it, a cold grasp held her joints in place. Although it was not noticeable, her body shuddered and strained against this force, this primal emotion within her mind, screaming at her to not even touch the mask, no matter how hard she fought. And eventually, Vulimai broke as she lowered her hand, a cold sweat faintly upon her brow.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Tarn @Harvali

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Well, she's certainly got a charm to her," Stannis said as she flew away.

31 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"Mata Nui... your god..." she rounded on Stannis, rage creeping into her voice, "... the one you said banished shadow from the world he made... is an Aspect?!"

To Whisper, Stannis simply shrugged, his great cloak rippling slightly with the heave of his shoulders. "Is Taja?" he asked. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Is Taja?" he asked. 

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

She almost conceded then and there.

Taja was no Aspect, and neither was the Toa with the strange tethers. But as the same time, as far as Whisper knew the Administrator had never lied to her, and more importantly, it knew the difference between true Aspects and other beings who'd been touched by Shadow - those it called Apostates. For the Administrator to be familiar with Mata Nui, and to associate a particular taboo with him... that spoke volumes.

And for Stannis, who'd previously spoken at great length about the origin of Mata Nui and the nature of Aspects as if he was an authority on both... for him to offer a simple shrug and an evasive non-answer to a straightforward question on a subject he knew... that spoke of something more. 

"Did you... did you know?"

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru @BULiK

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Snapping her gaze towards Nale a lot faster than she anticipated, the deepest, most serious face was upon Vulimai's face as she addressed the Toa. "No...I'm fine. Come on, we need to find Stannis. We need his input if we are to get the full picture, after that, we can begin planning in earnest."

Leaving the lounge, Vulimai swiftly stepped out of the airship and began to head towards Kini-Koro, her armor reading her emotions and movements and enhancing her pace. Hopefully the rest of those in attendance were able to keep up with the Commander.

OOC: @Tarn @Harvali @Nato the Traveler @EmperorWhenua @Eyru @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp to Kini-Koro

Nale got up from the sofa and quickly followed Vulimai out. Seeing the already-present gathering of people in Kini-Koro and remembering her intentions of insubordination, she activated her Kakama and sped past the Matoran Commander, skidding to a stop near Knichou. "What's been going on?" she asked the Toa of Iron. "There's something I need to talk to you about."

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler@EmperorWhenua@Eyru

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

59 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"Did you... did you know?"

There was a knowing glimmer in Whisper's voice that hinted that she was beginning to piece things together at long last, and that there was something much more to the Wanderer than just an old man with adjectivialisms of old and wise. She could feel the shadows at the corners of his persona, never in full view but always niggling behind veils, a darkness of half-truths and rationed knowledge, dodging easy truths with a savior faire of a borne politician despite that he disavowed roles of power. What yet remained unclear, however, was whether that darkness was scholastic in nature or intrinsic to the wizard. The answer to that mystery, as it were, was vital. 

He was just about to answer her with another obfuscating riddle when Vulimai approached the group. Stannis had a bad feeling yet another meeting with her was on his day's agenda. "You were right to ask for my knowledge, both of you," he said. "Wait. And you will see."

To the sauntering akiri, he greeted her. "Vulimai, I must admit you're back sooner than expected."

@Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

IC Ysocla - Irnakk's Tooth:

Having left the disturbing vision behind, Ysocla rushed down the tunnel, practically hopping on her one good leg at times. She slowed her pace as she approached the next bend, preparing for the possibility of enemies, only to suddenly stop when she rounded the bend and saw Zataka. The titan seemed to have heard the vo-skakdi’s prior escape maneuver, an assumption that was confirmed immediately when she asked Ysocla about it.

You know how skakdi have an additional random power besides their elements?” she began to explain. “My extra ability is linked more directly to my element than most. With that connection there’s some, how would I put it, after effects that come with it." She continued, “I needed to use it to escape from some... bad memories. I had heard that the Irnakk’s Tooth used your fears against you, but I wasn’t expecting something quite so visceral. I guess the term ‘Nightmare Pits’ is an apt one.

The engineer took a closer look at her reluctant ally. There was something new in the warlord’s expression besides the usual self-confidence she projected. Something must have happened to her.

I take it from the fact that I managed to catch up to you that you experienced a similar vision?” Ysocla asked, beginning to walk down the tunnel once more.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula) - Three Out of Four Grey Rocks

"Yes, what she says is correct." Tekmo looked very smug now that he had been proven right.

@Unreliable Narrator@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - Extra Clever Earthbound Spirit

"I am called 'Waveahk', I am a mutated Steltian, I’ve come to this place seeking information pertaining to the Aspects of Makuta." There was little point in trying to conceal anything from them. At this point, he had come to terms with being an unnatural aberration. Like Toa, but less marketable.

@Sparticus147@Burnmad

IC: Ostrox (Far Shore Rift, The Junkyard) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 2

Ostrox stared at his own sword in defiance - which, while odd, wasn’t nearly as odd as the fact that something like this happened once before - daring it to strike its master... and then it turned around in midair, as if offering its hilt to be held.

"Hmm." He took firm hold of it, and suddenly it began pulling him out of the metal sea that threatened to swallow him. It was then he noticed that this was the work of the Toa, her elemental power putting in work.

This needed to stop. He couldn’t keep needing to be saved by Toa, it was getting embarrassing.

"He’s gone." The Toa observed, referring to the Matoran who sank beneath the waves of rubbish earlier. "Are you happy now?!" She asked the junk golem, who didn’t really seem to respond, beyond more meaningless meaningful words.

"Happiness is irrelevant. You interfere with the natural order of-"

It didn’t get a chance to finish, as the Toa materialized a massive iron girder and threw it at the golem, its feeble components being splattered across the junkyard’s surface, losing whatever power made them animate.

"You always did yammer on."

The metal seemed to stop. Ostrox let go of his sword, and it fell onto the ground. The Toa extended her arm towards the spot where the Matoran once was, and suddenly, the metal began politely moving out of the way. But there was no sign of the wretch she came here to save. Her hand balled into a fist.

"We need to get to the ship." She said to Ostrox. "Your sword, mask and, uh, thingy should be fine now."

"Oh, that’s good. You’re certain?"

"As long as you hold this. Here, catch." She threw him some sort of metallic cylinder that emitted green-blue light. An odd sensation came over him as he caught it. It struck him as being rather similar to the null cores used by the Nullifier Vahki. He shrugged, and began picking up his equipment off the ground.

He would be here a while, he could tell.

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp) - Ambulatory Movement

NU-8020S followed Vulimai off the airship with the ridiculous name. Stannis and Knichou seemed to be important figures. Was that why she remembered them from somewhere? Had they really been as important as Nuparu?

@Sparticus147@Harvali

IC: Achro (Kini-Koro) - Sunny Day

"Oh, OK." Achro watched Skyra leave, before resuming whatever it is he was doing.

"I wonder if there’s alcohol on the sun?"

@Snelly

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Putting the Foot Down

"NO. NONE OF THIS. If you all don’t sit down right now there will be no treats for a week, do you hear me? Okuo and Triage would be very disappointed in all of you."

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 4

IC Kanohi - Kini-Nui

Kanohi had not really noticed Vulimai’s reaction, he had been uncomfortable gazing at the mask and had turned away. But Nale’s reaction reached his sensors, as did Vulimai’s reply. Had he made her uncomfortable, drawing attention to her mask?

S-sorry, did not mean to be rude,” he said as he followed them out of the airship. He shouldn’t have said anything. It was cruel of him. Though, he had to ask for Collector. Though, if Collector had a desecrated mask, would he be similarly uncomfortable. And was this more of the Matoran fear of things unlike them?

As he followed Vulimai he found Stannis standing besides the Aspect Whisper, along with the Toa Taja. He … he had a duty to their unity. He swallowed and apologized, “Toa Taja, I am sorry for blurting out a request earlier only to leave. It … it was rude. Toa Stannis, I am sorry for not taking the time to speak to you in length, I have no excuse for either.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Eyru

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro streets

So taboos are mainly for aspects, yet somehow, some Toa can use them? Intriguing. Clearly much about the nature of Taboos was a mystery, even to those who had learned them. Them being a symbol on the body... that was familiar to the ex-Ghost in an odd way. Knichou had much to think about later. The former Ghost had also heard of this 'Administrator' and it revealing Mata Nui to be an Aspect was quite the namedrop. The implications were staggering, and Knichou could barely process that himself. He thought back to what Nale had told him, Mazor's story of the Krom sphere, Mata Nui, and how it lead to the collapse. 

Knichou had so many questions, but by the time he knew what to ask this Toa - Viltia, as Stannis called her - was already flying off to where Stannis directed her. So much for getting a closer look at that taboo.

As Whisper grew angry with Stannis, Knichou stood firm, crossing his arms and watching their confrontation. He doubted anything he could say would help, and to be honest, was happy to sit back and let someone else query Stannis's knowledge, fighting in the fruitless quest to get a straight answer out of the Toa. Knichou kept as silent as the Toa of iron beside him.

That is, until Nale zoomed beside him with a gust of wind following close behind her. A few seconds later Vulimai also arrived, giving the Toa of stone a prime opportunity to dodge more questions by approaching her. Knichou turned towards his best friend, the engineer's face shifting from the furrowed brow of serious thought to a pleasant smile, although once she had said what she had needed to say, his facial expression grew to one of curiosity.

"It's... a long story, and I'm not sure I fully understand everything that I've been told myself. I'll fill you in later," Knichou answered with a shrug. "What's up? This about the meeting with Vulimai? Did it go well?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Detsu | Fort Nektann

Detsu nodded, just the slightest hint of a grin on his face. He stepped over to one side and, turning to face Parnassus, gestured for the Aspect to step up and say their piece. Parnassus, for their own part, looked to Detsu and then to Drukarus -- and although their expression was as impenetrable as ever underneath their shadowy hood, it could have almost been inferred that they were a touch offended. The elder warskak chuckled lightly. He had not spent much time with the demon since their arrival at the fortress, but he had studied them. They were a proud people, and unused to being ordered around.

But he also knew the bind that the demon had found themself in, and knew that if the Aspect could not take advantage of the peace that Detsu had brokered between them and Drukarus....

So Detsu let his smile broaden as the Aspect shuffled forward -- metaphorical hat in hand.

"What my compatriot here said is ... not inaccurate," Parnassus said. "I owe a boon to the man you may know as Stannis -- one of two. The first I managed to ... procure a month ago, after Grime and Korruhn vanished. It was ... simple. But I know my own capabilities. I doubt that the second will be as easy to acquire. I would prefer to gather it in a raid, if possible, with the host of Fort Nektann at my back. But I do not hold much sway over Barius, and even I have to admit that I don't think I would be able to convince to do so unless he had already come to that decision himself.

"You, on the other hand," they continued, "are a warskak, a warlord. He would listen to you if you suggested we raid some ... oh, let's say a village or a warcamp out there in the desert. And I could fulfill my obligation to Ca-- Stannis."

At that point, Parnassus raised their hands and pulled their hood back, the shadows melting away into the gloomy air. They looked at Drukarus full in the eye. Their face looked worn, rusting, and their eyes seemed but empty sockets in their head.

"Barring this," they said, "I would need to go out into the world alone. And I would ... humbly ask for your assistance."

OOC: @Sparticus147

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

Skyra continued her walk, after that awkward conversation, her desire to randomly punch someone had ceased, for the moment anyway. "I need a new hobby..." 

She walked for a bit until she noticed a somewhat large gathering of people up ahead, she recognized more than a few of them, especially the Toa of Stone. "Oh hey it's Stannis, neat. I wonder if he's up for a spar..."

Skyra did what you'd expect her to do, and walked right up to the group, regardless of whatever it was they were talking about, she had no problem just interrupting. "Yo Stannis, how's it hanging?" She looked around the group. "And other people here of course, sup."  

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Eyru @Harvali

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro

"I suppose," she replied. Nale glanced over at Vulimai. "Unfortunately, the commander doesn't approve of the plan to take control of the Vahki hives from Aurax. Yet. Until then, it's a no-go. But at this rate, I worry it could turn into a missed opportunity."

The Toa of Magnetism lowered her voice before continuing.

"You interested in going off the record, Knichou?"

@BULiK

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

Korio had heard the boom of thunder that now lead him to reunite with his allies, catching up with Ysocla and Zataka down the path from his own experience. "I'm guessin' you two got shown a bunch of nonsense to scare ya too, eh?" he said, coming up alongside the pair. "Where's Miss Yumi at? She get ahead of you lot?"

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

Silence pervaded the hall, the shadows lurking around Parnassus as Drukarus contemplated the words of the demon before himself. Drukarus was no blind fool, and his prior meeting with Stannis - Caedast, revealed enough information for him to surmise what Parnassus desired. A light, a life, a heart. That which he himself lacks. Stoically, the warlord at last spoke.

"Do not hide your words behind omissions, for I know what you seek...You desire a life, one that you yourself cannot or will not offer, a life that you must take..." Drukarus said, as he placed his right hand on Parnassus' shoulder with a firm yet not fierce grip, "Your worry is needless, for you forget who you are amongst...We are Skakdi and this is Zakaz, war and bloodshed are what makes this land and its people...Soon, we will march again, but for now I have words with Barius. If you wish to join, so be it."

And so, Drukarus removed his grip as he took a step back, turning his head down the hall as he subtly wiped away his bleeding nostril. He would pause for but a moment, to see whether the demon behind him would follow his steps, or fade back into darkness.

OOC: @Conway

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

"Vulimai, I must admit you're back sooner than expected."

Approaching Stannis, Vulimai was in absolute military mode and wasn't in the mood for distractions nor foolishness, not even acknowledging the arrival of Skyra nor the conversation between Nale and Knichou, she needed answers from Stannis and she was going to get them. Reaching up, not even offering a hello nor a pardon, Vulimai grabbed at the sage's cloak and went to pull Stannis' attention down to meet Vulimai's tense gaze as she tersely spoke to them.

"Stannis, I'm not in the mood for your vaguery's nor games. There is a matter of importance and I need information that I know you have. So follow me and answer our questions. Understood?" Although Vulimai ended her statement with a question, the certainty in her speech made it an absolute statement.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Harvali @Toru Nui @Snelly @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @BULiK

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Vulimai
  • Like 2

"You interested in going off the record, Knichou?"

The toa of iron responded to his favorite Toa of magnetism with a sly grin and deep gaze that could only be adequately described by one word: shlorp.

"Ah, it's a shame that won't be happening. I had a feeling we wouldn't get to, we all know how delicate this situation is. I'll have to call up Okuo and Triage again to tell them the news," Knichou said, crossing his arms. His tone conveyed genuine disappointment, and he didn't lower his voice like Nale had. "Was that all? Both of you came down in quite the hurry."

It was then that Vulimai sternly addressed Stannis, tugging at the wizard's robe. "Hmm... I think I have a feeling why..." He said, pointing a thumb at the Toa of stone. "The old man's been getting a lot of questions today."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Location - Kini-Koro

Viltia had scored big. Or, at least she was pretty sure she had. She had found a ton of scrap technology that she had traded away 12 Kanoka for. It all looked like an even trade to her. The pile of electronic parts was all mostly intact, with only minimal amounts of wiring sticking out everywhere at odd angles. Some of it even only sparked a little bit when it was turned on. There was even one of those iStone things like Sidra had. The screen was cracked, but Viltia was hoping that wouldn’t be a problem.

She smiled. Yep, she had done great.

She loaded up two of her now empty crates with the scrap, setting them to the side as she swapped masks again. This time she put on her mask of Time Duplication. She mentally focused on the power, pulling a past her into the present. The past her was laying down, sleeping.

Viltia was ready for such a circumstance, however. She had been able to hone down when the mask pulled from, but making things more specific than a sometime in the last two months was still really hard. She sent the past her back, then pulled forward another one. This past her was awake, but didn’t have the belt with the pouches.

She let past her return from whence she came even as past her opened her mouth to speak and tried again.

A past her showed up, face full of awe and wonder. When she realized what had happened to her, she turned to present her, “Hey! I was trying to look at the Mask of Creation. That Toa just made a glass of water from thin air!

Viltia beamed, “Oh yeah, that was great. I want to go see if he’ll make something more complicated just so I can watch, but it sounded like an argument was about to break out when I left. Not to mention that group kept side-tracking me.

Past her frowned, “Awww, he only makes the one thing? That’s a shame. Do we at least trade…” Past her looked around, noting the two crates with electronic parts, pieces, and whole sections shoved inside, “Oh hey we do! So, what am I doing? Taking it back to the village?

Viltia nodded, “Yup. Take it to Circuit. Or I guess Spark. Whomever. Then come back here so I can dismiss you.

Past Viltia nodded emphatically and gave herself a thumbs up, “Alright, got it. I assume the last crate is the one with Levitation and Weight Increase Kanoka?

Viltia smirked, “You know your stuff, me.” She turned to point out the large airship parked outside the village in the clearing, but the marketplace buildings were in the way, plus this past her already knew about the ship anyway. “I’m going there next. Hopefully the pilot has something to trade for too.

Past Viltia put on her mask of Flight and picked up the two crates with her tethers, “I’ll see you over there in a couple minutes. Bye!” She gave a quick little wave and flew off.

Viltia picked up her final crate with her own hands, meandering as she walked through the village built into the mountain. Everyone seemed so at peace. And loud too. She didn’t realize how quiet they all still were in Le-Metru Nuva. It must be nice to not be constantly under threat and to be able to just live.

It made Viltia think of her old village back in the giant robot. But this time, the nostalgia didn’t hit her as hard. It seemed she really loved her new life in her new home, even with all the hardships that came with living in the Fau Swamp.

She eventually walked past the group she had left earlier as she headed for the larger of the two airships. It looked like there were even more beings there than before. She slowed as she drew near, optics caught this time not on the mask of Creation, but on a Matoran who wore masks as armor. Was that a fellow mask maker? She was torn. Should she go to the airship to trade, or try to wedge herself back into the mass of beings and talk about the wonders of Zakaz Kanoka and Kanohi forging?

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Sparticus147 @Harvali @Snelly @Tarn @Toru Nui To sum up for those who don't want to read the post, Viltia has traded away two crates of Kanoka and the last crate has Levitation and Weight Increase Kanoka in it. The last crate she is carrying to the Taku to trade with the pilot, who she doesn't know is Knichou. As she was walking by the group on her way to the airship, she slows down as she notices Kanohi is wearing masks as armor. She is considering talking to him.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira, Tekmo

Cravious sighed. This was ridiculous. You don’t just talk back to a talking Rahi. That wasn’t normal. Instead it was probably unnatural. Not to mention you couldn’t exploit a Rahi to get widgets, so for him, this interaction was best left up to Whira and this smug looking Toa of Plantlife.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro

"Has he been giving answers, or leaving more questions?" Nale asked in jest. The Fa-Toa crossed her arms and looked over at Stannis as he spoke with the Matoran commander. "Vulimai apparently needs Stannis' input on this before there's anything concrete. Maybe she thinks he can talk Aurax into something. His magic is what he said, was it?"

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The ex-Ghost involuntarily chuckled at Nale's rhetorical question. "You're already on top of the situation, huh?"

"Magic. Yeah, that's what he called it..." Knichou responded, slowly considering his words before trailing off. He wanted to say more about what he'd learned, but decided it was best not to bring it up in public. Stannis had an image to defend, after all, and going further on the subject with Whisper nearby might agitate her more.

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relix Fields

Niidak's ingenuity was admirable, but her collection of odds and ends wasn't enough to make a tool powerful enough to cut through stone. All she succeeded in doing was leaving a long, black scorch mark on the side of the statue's neck, permanently defacing it. If she really wanted to behead this work of art, she would need something stronger. Maybe tools designed for stonecutting.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

Taja wanted to keep listening to the myriad of overlapping conversations, but something caught her eye. The strange Toa from the swamps had returned, carrying only a single crate now, and was hovering at the edge of the crowd that had formed around Stannis. Those strange silver tendrils twisted and rippled hypnotically in the sunlight. She wondered if they had really been granted to her by a Taboo... and what else had she said? They allowed her to see into other minds? Taja hadn't caught the full extent of the conversation, but she had heard enough to be curious. So she sidled out of the crowd and made her way over to Vilita.

"Hey," she said, nodding to indicate the crate of equipment Viltia was carrying. "I was going to ask if you needed a hand, but you seem to have more than enough to spare." She smiled. "I'm Taja."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

1 hour ago, Sparticus147 said:

"Stannis, I'm not in the mood for your vaguery's nor games. There is a matter of importance and I need information that I know you have. So follow me and answer our questions. Understood?" Although Vulimai ended her statement with a question, the certainty in her speech made it an absolute statement.

No hello again, no pardon me, no let me touch you with my gremlin hands, just... *grabby hands*. The old wizard did not push the akin away or rebuke her with an egotistical sense of superiority; Stannis could go and do as he willed, as he always had, and he was under no obligation to obey Vulimai as he was to obey Dume, but he was also in no position to protest her directness. Vulimai was a soldier at her heart and would run her village with an officer's rigor. For all anyone knew, they were still at wartime, the tranquility of the Kini-Nui valley notwithstanding.

Stannis had known military people before, as was to be expected from a man famed as a warrior. More than half the Toa Maru were of that sort, with only Korero, Nakaii and himself as the men of faith and lore against Sulov, Oreius, Leah, and Reordin, and while the great irony was that Stannis himself loathed war and bloodshed he lived and breathed it, knowing many soldiers throughout his campaigns and coming to understand them in ways unlike many others. Vulimai's assertiveness in the moment could have been off-putting and offensive to another priest, but what saved her image in Stannis' eyes was the strong positive memories he had of those previous soldiers. 

He did not see the tyranny of Dume, the brusqueness of Helryx, or the militant domination of Orde in Vulimai's antics... only the image of his once-brother Sulov as he cared for his people. Stannis could not be angry at her.

"I will go with you and tell you what you need to know," Stannis affirmed, pretending to be dragged away by Vulimai's insistent hand.

59 minutes ago, BULiK said:

It was then that Vulimai sternly addressed Stannis, tugging at the wizard's robe. "Hmm... I think I have a feeling why..." He said, pointing a thumb at the Toa of stone. "The old man's been getting a lot of questions today."

And to Knichou, he playfully mouthed, "help me." 

• Like 6

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

Skyra observed the conversation, and considering she'd joined in the middle of it, she was able to keep up with it, even if she didn't completely understand everything that was being talked about. "Stannis somehow seems even more popular than ever." 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Eyru @Harvali

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Well, at least the saw didn’t explode. That was something, right?

She tossed away the useless crude machine and gave up on the statue, at least for now. While taking off her mask and preparing to leave the ruins, she looked around at her surroundings and tried to memorize the statue’s location. If she needed to, she could come back, this time with proper tools.

She hopped onto her hoverbike, taking along all of the items of value she had found, and drove off, heading eastwards and navitaging between the towering ruins. As she did so, she thought how the place ought to be called ”Junk Fields” instead of Relic Fields, as she had hardly found many special artifacts at all. Nevertheless, it was a better place for scavenging than any other, so maybe she’d be back for more.

She continued to drive relatively slowly on her bike, headed towards the nearest settlement with a marketplace: Kini-Koro.

OOC: open for interaction while travelling i guess, though she’ll reach kini-koro soon enough

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

"I will go with you and tell you what you need to know."

Pulling her hand away from Stannis' cloak, she gave a curt apology to the old sage for the admittedly unneeded use of force, before gesturing for him, as well as Kanohi and NU, to follow along after her as she turned around. This was not information the Matoran needed to hear and Vulimai was. But as Vulimai turned to leave, she caught brief sight of Whisper, and for a brief moment, glared towards the Aspect.

Moving away from Kini-Koro, just outside of earshot of the village, Vulimai made sure that the two councilors of Tobduk-Koro were present, though not noticing the presence or absence of Toa Nale or Knichou, whether or not either were inclined to follow along.

"Toa Stannis...Councilor Kanohi and Councilor NU8020S have come here proposing a mission." Vulimai said as she gestured to the two other beings, "They wish to remove the Vahki from Aurax' control. I'm personally more concerned about the consequences of this plan, both in whether we succeed or fail. Currently, the biggest concern is reigniting war if this plan fails but...Councilor NU made the suggestion that whoever we send, we cut away all ties, proclaim them to be a rogue element. Do you think your...Deal, with Aurax, would make him believe such a statement?"

OOC: @BULiK @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui @Harvali @Tarn @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro outskirts

"Guess it's time to find out," the Ghost told Nale with a shrug as Stannis was whisked away. He followed the wizard out into the nearby fields, silently watching the proceeding with crossed arms.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Taja

Viltia was distracted from the Kanohi wearing Matoran by yet someone else new. She was also a Toa, though not like one Viltia had ever seen before. Not that she had seen very many. The amount of Toa she had ever seen had almost doubled since she came to Kini-Nui.

This Toa had armor that absorbed all light, or at least appeared to. What remained was a black void where the light bouncing off of the armor was supposed to hit her optics to display color. It was super weird to look at, or technically not look at. Not that Viltia understood what was technically taking place, she had no idea how light functioned.

Underneath the stunning void armor the Toa was a deep wine-red. It was very beautiful to look at. Viltia guessed the Toa’s element was either Earth or Fire.

"Hey," she said with a tone that suggested she was very aware of how sounds worked and how to apply them. "I was going to ask if you needed a hand, but you seem to have more than enough to spare." She smiled. "I'm Taja."

Viltia glanced in the direction of the Kanohi covered Matoran, but he had moved away, so she set down her final crate. “Hey, I’m Viltia. Your armor coloring looks absolutely amazing. How do you get it to be so black?

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 1