Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro outskirts

"No. There are others. What I have in mind requires only light." Knichou answered. "But that's besides the point. Where is your village, who runs it, and how do you survive from the dangers of the swamp? These are some things I need to know if we are to do future business."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Rahkshi of Power Scream | Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn’s fists brutally collided with the top of the rahkshi’s skull, shattering the top plate of its armor and sending fragments of metal spinning off through the air. The kraata inside squirmed like an exposed brain, bits of itself bloodied from the impact. The rahkshi staggered backwards trying to regain balance, arms flailing wildly.  A shriek burst from the kraata, borne from both trauma and malice. Hideous echoes split inside Korruhn’s skull and wracked him with seizing pain, the sound rocking his body and forcing him to his knees. Even his vision grew blurry, as if he were looking at the world through a dirty shot glass half empty. The grass that found tentative purchase in the cracks of the ground shredded in a wide arc behind Korruhn. Pebbles ruptured and turned to dust on the wind. He almost passed out then, but somehow he soldiered on through the nightmare of living in agony.

Korruhn extended his right hand, the blackened arm garbed in a haze of necrotic smoke. He felt the weight of the rahkshi pulling and pushing against him and all things in a delicate balance. Feeling for the center of the rahkshi’s mass, he balled his fist and yanked hard. The vicious machine screamed and flew towards him, unable to control itself. Korruhn’s calix glowed, and he dove to one side at the last moment. The rahkshi flew past and crashed through one of the stone pillars ringing the courtyard, piles of stone and mortar burying it. Korruhn rolled several times, biting his lip to stop from screaming as the dirt and dust abraded his open wounds. Shakily, he pushed himself up.

A hand burst through the rubble before the dust could settle, followed by another piercing scream. This time Korruhn did find himself retching, unable to stop the ringing in his mind and the swimming of his vision. The rubble exploded into dust and debris from the rahkshi’s scream, and like a thunder clap echoed out beyond the Kumu Peninsula into the Fau Swamp. Korruhn felt himself spinning. For a moment he wondered if this was what it was like to fight the League in the Silver Sea, like his friend F’Amatai died doing.

Was he going to die too?

OOC: This duel is now locked, please do not interact unless your character is already present. Please note, this is a deadly encounter.  @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou

Viltia frowned once more. She noticed behind Knichou that the dangerous Air Toa was maybe moving to board his vessel. This Mask of Creation bearer was growing far more dubious by the sentence. Should… she maybe take the mask and find someone better to wear it? No, she couldn’t steal it, it wouldn’t be right. She didn’t really know this Toa well enough to make judgements about his character, anyway. This settlement seemed to accept him, so that was good enough for her for now.

Well then you’ve never been to the Fau Swamps. There is no light below the canopy, just pockets of dusk and tiny shafts of sunlight that are scarcely able to filter through. And about my village, you don’t need to know anything.” Tone crept into her voice. If there was one thing she was going to do, it would be protecting her friends from potential harm. “You’re trading with me, not my village. I would kindly like three Rhotuka Launchers in exchange for these six Kanoka, please. If you don’t want to trade, I’m sure someone else in the village needs them more than someone with the Mask of Creation.

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro

"Great."

Nale began walking back to the village proper, giving a pat on the shoulder to Knichou as she passed the Toa of Iron and pointing towards the ship to indicate where the pair were heading. The Commander of the Taku could catch up once he was done. She looked to Skyra. "Well, you can fly, and I have a mask of go fast, maybe it'd be quicker to..."

The rest of Nale's sentence was cut off by her activating her Kakama and dashing from the outskirts, stopping at the Taku's parking spot across from the Ambling Alp. She switched to the ship's radio signal. "Berys, we got a new plus one. Coming aboard now."

@BULiK@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

Skyra smirked as she watched Nale dash way, she didn't like wasting time either. Skyra's jetpack roared to life once again as she flew after Nale. She obviously wasn't as quick as a Kakama user, but it didn't take her long to catch up. 

"Nice ship." Skyra commented as she landed, looking the Taku over. "####ing big ship." 

OOC: @BULiK@Tarn

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Outskirts

Knichou gave Nale a nod as she silently told him she was moving back to the ship. Afterwards he turned back to Viltia.

The amount of reluctance this Toa had for telling Knichou about her village was worrying Knichou. Was... something going on down there that Kini-Koro wasn't supposed to know about?

"You see that airship?" Knichou asked, pointing towards the behemoth parked on a hill overlooking the village. "The Taku is the highest concentration of firepower out of anything on this island that can move. If your village is ever in danger, y'know, from whatever monsters make the Fau swamp so inhospitable, it would certainly be nice if I knew exactly where your village was, who to contact, and how to do so, so we could fly down and help you out. That's all I want to know."

The engineer crossed his arms.

"We're all trying to survive out here, and quite frankly it's concerning that you want to buy weapons from me without giving me more information about who it's going to. Because no, you already said this is for others in your village, and if I'm arming people I don't know in a village that doesn't have any formal alliance with Kini-Koro, well, I'm sure you can see the potential problems there. If it turns out this is being used for more than rahi... well let's just say I don't need Vulimai on my ### about my business any more than she already is."

IC: Berys, Kini-Nui Hillside, Bridge of the Taku

"Alright, sending Navu down, over," the Le-matoran responded over the radio. He pressed a button to switch over to the ship's intercom. "Navu, Captain has visitor coming. Help show them around."

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC, Kohara: Kini-Koro

Kohara sat in her hut, drinking tea and contemplating her life. A lot had happened in the last month. Metru-Koro got bombed, the refugees had to move, and now Kohara was there in their new village, Kini-Koro. Something bothered her, though. There was a Matoran at the temple. Nuju. What he told people concerned her. Some sort of eldritch being named Tren Krom posed a threat to the very existence of their world. 

Kohara, being a seasoned veteran and an agent of the Order of Mata Nui, had had her faith shaken in the Order's namesake. But her faith in the people who she had protected did not waver. And it was that faith that drove her to be concerned about Tren Krom.

The Toa of Light sipped the last of her tea, then grabbed her sword and shield. She walked out into the sunlight. In a way, it rejuvenated her. She felt at home in the light, at peace. She did not want that peace to be broken, and she certainly didn't want the citizens' peace to be shattered, whether it be by local Skakdi or an extrauniversal monster.

She walked up to the temple structure and approached Nuju. "Nuju. You have said before that Tren Krom poses a threat to our existence, and that gathering the Makoki Stones can help save us. How confident are you with your assessment?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC, Kohara: Kini-Nui

Kohara pursed her lips as she stared at the portal to the Far Shore. "Well... if it helps protect our existence, then I guess it would be worth checking out," she said. She approached the portal, then turned back to Nuju. "Wish me luck," she said. 

Kohara then stepped through the portal into an unknown world.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator Kohara's entering the Far Shore, let me know all the prompt stuff. Also, not sure if you saw, but Whira's touching the pillar in the antidermis caldera. ;)

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Toa Viltia," the old toa said, "I would be interested in doing some trading with you as well, and unlike my fellow Knichou here it's not my style to to brag about the size of my guns." Clearly, he was mistaken in his previous assessment about the two of them in thinking Knichou was making a new friend in her—an honest mistake. She was reacting to inquiries about her village with paranoia and concern, traits that would have come from trauma in the past. She knew the dangers of the Flu Swamp well enough and didn't need protection from its latent dangers, rather she was seeking to safeguard the mystery like it was life or death to her. And perhaps, in her mind, it was so. 

"You and I have friends in common, and any friend of his is an acquaintance of mine," he lied genteelly. "May I have the pleasure of trading with you?"

@Kal the Guardian @BULiK

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou

"You see that airship?" Knichou asked her as he pointed his ship. "The Taku is the highest concentration of firepower out of anything on this island that can move.

This Toa had no idea the dangers on this island. She had seen Nektann’s memories, she knew his thoughts. The war skaks didn’t raid for loot. That was only secondary. They raided because they liked it. They loved to destroy. They loved to kill. If they ever found out about Le-Metru Nuva, it would only be a matter of time.

And that wasn’t even to mention Tahtoraks. More than one could be made, and no amount of defenses would be able to stop it if it knew where Le-Metru Nuva was. It was invincible to normal damage, after all. No, secrecy was the only thing keeping them safe. If they couldn’t be found, they couldn’t be destroyed. This Toa didn’t know what he wanted from her.

If your village is ever in danger, y'know, from whatever monsters make the Fau swamp so inhospitable, it would certainly be nice if I knew exactly where your village was, who to contact, and how to do so, so we could fly down and help you out. That's all I want to know."

The engineer crossed his arms.

"We're all trying to survive out here, and quite frankly it's concerning that you want to buy weapons from me without giving me more information about who it's going to. Because no, you already said this is for others in your village, and if I'm arming people I don't know in a village that doesn't have any formal alliance with Kini-Koro, well, I'm sure you can see the potential problems there. If it turns out this is being used for more than rahi... well let's just say I don't need Vulimai on my ### about my business any more than she already is."

Oh.” Viltia visibly relaxed, all doubts dropping from her mind. She knew the bearer of the Mask of Creation would never be bad. She never doubted it. Not one bit. Well maybe just a little bit, she had no idea what she was doing for the most part. It wasn’t her fault.

Well you should have just said that first.” She looked around to make sure they weren’t being listened to. There was only this tall, incredibly sagely looking Toa of Stone nearby. His wizened face told her all she needed to know about him. He could totally be trusted. Not all all like that creepy cloaked Toa from earlier. She thought of how she knew where the village was and spoke so only Knichou and the nice Toa of Stone could hear, “Okay, so you go south. Then, when you get to the trees, go to the right. Once a two headed Gukko comes out to attack you, you’re basically there.

Viltia nodded, confident in her directions. “Sorilax unintentionally set up a group of village elders who run things based on his moral code. And as for surviving the dangers of the swamp, we get healed via healing Rhotuka once a week just in case, I protect the village with this-” one of her tethers grabbed her mask of Rahi Control from the back pouch, “-and Apex has helped out a ton too, getting a portion of Rahi not to attack us. Oh, and you don’t go to the swamp floor.” Viltia vigorous shook her head no, “Especially not the puddles and ponds.

Suddenly the Toa of Stone talked, completely shocking her. It was the voice from the creepy cloak guy from earlier! Wow, she was misjudging everyone today.

"Toa Viltia," the old toa said, "I would be interested in doing some trading with you as well, and unlike my fellow Knichou here it's not my style to to brag about the size of my guns." His voice was so soothing, like sitting out on a stone slab that had spent all day heating in the sun, surrounded by desert flowers.

"You and I have friends in common, and any friend of his is an acquaintance of mine," he lied genteelly. "May I have the pleasure of trading with you?"

Viltia's mind focused on the word 'friends' and she looked at him in surprise, “What? We do? Who?

OOC: @BULiK @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IC Kardaka - the Ruins of Metru-Koro

Kardaka paused as she pulled herself upright. Voices, and they spoke Matoran. Were they survivors of this village, or looters? She shook her head, she should know better after all these millennia. Her people drained the island dry and left it a dying wasteland. Either way, her kind would pillage and raid, before abandoning the weak to pillage elsewhere. They were roving bands, only their ACR’s were cities.

Still she had lost the right to judge. Hers was to serve for penance, to lessen suffering without hope of redemption or reward. And not all who spoke thus tongue were her kind. Their slaves spoke it too.

Rambling platitudes aside, it was clear that she was not moving. She just stood frozen, whether out of fear or something else, she just stayed still, her legs unresponsive.

The yellow and grey Turaga did not interact with Matoran much nowadays. Or people much. When she built that refugee camp of stone tents she immediately hurried away from the survivors, only stopping to help that Vortixx. And even still in her memory … she could feel in their eyes they knew what she had done. Whatever it had been. 

Kardaka slapped her mask’s cheek, she had to do her penance. She had to help. After all that had died, after all her people had done, it was the least she could do. The very least. The Turaga swallowed and walked towards the voice. As she approached her hand went to a pouch, her fingers tickling the strap loose. Just in case she needed to summon her pebbles.

Finally after stalling for ages, Turaga lumbered towards two tall figures, her Badge of Office acting as her third leg. As she drew closer she called out, “Hello? Are you survivors of this village?” 

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn 

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

An instant after Kohara stepped into the Far Shore, Sidra stepped out, a surprised spring in her step as her exhaustion abated, her armour was restored, and her burns and abrasions were healed. The ragged gash across her let palm was gone, but a strange new tattoo had formed on the back of her hand, and new knowledge swirling in her head.

Still, she felt strangely heavy, and it took a few moments of floundering to realise that she had several new pieces of equipment attached to her. With Kini-Nui being within range of the Ice Suva, she decided to exchange her new Zamor launcher back for the lightstone rifle Spark had given her a while ago. Once that was done, she carefully checked her belt pouches, but turned up nothing else unexpected.

She turned to Nuju with an apologetic grimace. "Sorry, no Makoki Stone." 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

1 hour ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Viltia's mind focused on the word 'friends' and she looked at him in surprise, “What? We do? Who?

He smiled, the way librarians smiled when they uncovered a long lost favored book on the shelves that they hadn't seen in decades. "I didn't say? Sorry. Sorilax."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

Entering Kini-Koro and beginning to follow her usual patrol route, surveying the well-being and further constructions of the village as she went, she halted as a familiar voice came from behind her, calling for her attention. Akiri Vulimai. I do have a question. Not on the matter we were discussing, I … you and Stannis spoke wisely. That is all I will say.

Standing at attention and listening to the question of Kanohi, her posture momentarily sagged as the subject of the question was spoken. Letting out a withdrawn sigh, Vulimai reassumed her prior posture. "Call me commander, councilor. I'm no Akiri, just fulling the position till someone else is willing to do what is best for the Matoran." Reaching up her hand to her darkened mask, her eyes going past Kanohi's shoulder as she continued, "As for any side-effects, other than the physical changes to the Kanohi, I have not found any other side-effects...Actually...There is one I have found, rather recently. These masks, they hold a compulsion that prevents one from removing them. I don't know if they can't physically be removed, but I myself cannot remove my mask. Against even my own volition."

A slighted tone pervading throughout her words, as she proceeded the second half of Kanohi's question. "I don't know if Aspect Whisper herself didn't know about this, or simply didn't share it. I do personally intend to ask her though which is the case. But as for my own personal opinion of who Whisper is as a...Person? Well, I do not know if my opinion is more valuable than someone who has actually spent time with them, but I do personally believe I have a unique perspective on them."

"Before Aspect Whisper's offer of desecration was offered to the Matoran, myself and her struck a deal. For a day, she would inhabit my body, learning how it feels to be actually alive as she said. Beyond sharing a body, I, and I presume her as well, were able to peer into each other's mind. Nothing much more than surface emotions, but that was enough for me to gauge her...I...At least trust she is not a threat. She is odd, yes, but she also seems child-like, ignorant and easily enamored by the world around herself. Her wish...To be alive. I do not see any threat coming from it."

"The only thing that unsettles me in earnest is the cold emptiness that her powers induce. Being possessed, desecrated, bearing this mask, they are not pleasant feelings. But that is what I think of Aspect Whisper, Councilor Kanohi."

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

"Very well."

With no further words, Drukarus led the way through the halls of the fort as he now sought the warlord Barius.

OOC: @Conway @Burnmad

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Drukarus
  • Like 4

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Stannis

Really?” Viltia leaned forward slightly, excited, “No way!” She paused, “Oh, well I guess it has been over a month since we saw Sala and him. I have no idea what they’ve been up to. Hey, when did you last see him? Was he doing well?

OOC: @BULiK @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

Okuo turned around, surprised. He hadn't expected to run into anyone else in the village, though he supposed it made sense that stragglers might seek refuge in the less destroyed sections of the ruins, especially since parts had been repaired before the eventual evacuation. "Er, I suppose you could say that. The population was evacuated though, we're just here on an investigation. I am Okuo, by the way. Who might you be?" 

@Harvali@Tarn

IC: Iradra - Kini-Koro

Iradra perked up as a matoran came running to her hut, looking out of breath and in a hurry. "Toa Iradra, you're- guh- urgently needed- huff- at the Ko-Pou outpost."Iradra cocked her head, looking at the matoran, guard she realised, with confusion. "Ko-Pou outpost? Where is that?"

The matoran was befuddled. "Wh-what do you mean where? Haven't you heard? It's the outpost by the Ice Ruins, where the afflicted from Metru-Koro are being treated. Come on!" Iradra's confusion turned to concern as she stood up to follow the matoran, grabbing her staff and setting off after him.  "An affliction? What kind of affliction??" There was a desparate tone to her voice as she assumed the worst.

The matoran seemed slightly startled at the intensity in Iradra's voice, but quickly regained his composure as they made their way down the path leading through the village. "Th-the afflicted have been... transformed... into rahi-like forms, and seem to have regressed behaviourally into ones as well... I guess... turned into rahi wouldn't be inaccurate. Though Toa Okuo, with his mask, seems able to communicate with them."

Iradra relaxed slightly. This was a different affliction. Not a resurgence of her own. She sighed, taking in the information she'd been provided. Matoran turned into Rahi... That sounded vaguely familiar. "Did they develop a Rhotuka launcher? The matoran's eyes flew wide open in response. "Y-yes! They did! Do you know what it is that ails them??" Iradra nodded, stroking her chin thoughtfully. 

"I have my suspicions... It's unfortunate I hadn't been notified of this sooner, I might be able to help." At that moment, the familiar figure of Vashni came hoverbiking by, Iradra raising her hand in greeting. "Oh, Vashni, hello!"

@Snelly

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 2

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi swallowed, thinking of Matoran like Avka. They were territorial, refused another to touch their mask, refused to have it studied by Sucordak. He had though they were just proud to have gained more powers, but … was there a mental effect to it? The Matoran could not bring themselves to remove their masks. Even beyond their reliance on it.

It was … Vulimai was touching her mask now. Was she massaging it? That rough texture, Kanohi stimmed and fidgeted with his masks but with that jagged gravely texture…

Finally he said, “I … thank you for your honesty. You must have a strong will to even realize the effect the mask had on you.” Well clearly she did, she had taken charge as soon as those Cordak missiles were launched, facing the danger while he had flailed — no. No wallowing. He had a Duty to do. For Collector.

The Fe-Matoran tapped the mask of his right thigh, “I wonder, the Vortixx in my village has a Kanoka Blade of freezing. Do you think this compulsion would be so great, that they might try to freeze their mask to their head?

Kanohi shook his head, “It’s a bit dark I suppose. But if you plan to speak to Whisper shortly, do you think it would be possible for me to be present? Before I return to Tobduk-Koro it would be best to know more.

OOC: @Sparticus147 Kanohi in a rare moment of insight has successfully guessed that if Collector gets their mask desecrated, they would totally freeze it in place. Helps that they would be getting cold resistance.

Kardaka flinched she … she was more unused to her current stature than she though. It had not even occurred to her these towering people were Toa. Toa, the masters of elements, selfish and devote in their superiority. Warriors who would drain a Vuata Maca to death just to recharge their elemental energies. Tow, who likely had abandoned this land for a few more millennia of power.

Pebbles danced in her pouch, as her fingers twirled in fear that she might need a distraction. But for now he had not made a move against her. And she could not hurt him even if she was strong enough. She had no right to judge, and she … she could not hurt another. Not again.

Finally she spoke up, “I am Kardaka, I am a wanderer of this island, performing my penance. You … you came from the Ark, yes?” She gestured towards the colossal sunken head that lay across from the abandoned village. 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

"Freeze his mask to his face? That...Is an admittedly extreme assumption. But, if this compulsion kept me from even attempting to remove mine, than maybe if someone else were to attempt to remove their mask, they may just resort to such an extreme."

"But if you wish, you may accompany me to speak with Aspect Whisper, but I am currently doing my usual patrols, after which I shall speak with her."

Edited by Sparticus147

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - A Question

While waiting on the other side of the caldera, Tekmo tried to initiate social interaction with Cravious. "So, uh, how did you first meet Whira?"

@Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - An Answer

"Well, at least you are forthcoming. Thank you for that. Perhaps there’ll be something in there who knows more..." Waveahk said, turning towards the entrance to the Shrine.

@Sparticus147@Burnmad

IC: Ostrox (Far Shore Rift, Outskirts of the Junkyard) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 6

He couldn’t do it. He couldn’t admit he was wrong. He couldn’t admit weakness. He couldn’t-

"I... don’t understand."

"You were so certain I had to be hiding something - because I’m a Toa - you became convinced it was about this. I... I can’t really complain, because I am hiding something. But I am what I claim to be. Just not who." Fera - or, Not-Fera, began reconstructing herself.

"But the anti-"

"Sorry. That’s kinda my fault as well. Anti-elemental tech is so widespread, I thought even someone like you, who obviously comes from somewhere very far away, would have known it can only ever cancel out one element at a time. The reason the Haven is safe is because we have multiple different layers of the shield, one for Farros and the others each. But not iron, for obvious reasons."

"Ah. You gaslighted me."

"Unintentionally, but... yeah. Sorry. I suppose I’ll give you that."

"You’re going to give me a lot more. What was that about not being who you said you were?"

"Have you ever pretended to be someone else for so long you sort of forget who you actually are? You use a Mahiki, so, I’m just assuming..." Ostrox said nothing, even if he did understand what Not-Fera was getting at.

"The real Fera died long before Ragboda was ever a thing. Murdered by Farros for refusing to execute a prisoner. If word got out that the Toa Telthai were killing each other, people would stop believing in them. People need to believe in something. Whether what they believe in is true or not, ultimately comes down to who controls the narrative."

"People believe what they want to believe. And the Matoran want to believe in a fairy tale, at the detriment of everyone else. 'Narrative' has nothing to do with it."

"It’s ignorance, not malice. But that’s not the point. To cover up the murder, they found someone else to fill in Fera’s place. Enter a young, stupid and naïve Toa of Iron who doesn’t get that she’s fighting for the bad guys. I took up this new 'Destiny' with gusto, let them change me and twist me into someone I wasn’t. They didn’t tell me that they would also try and wipe my memory, so I thought I really was Fera. I forgot who I used to be."

"But not that you were changed?"

"It took my 'ascension' to see that. See, I have no brain."

"At least you admit it - oof!" Not-Fera gave him a jab with the elbow, while chuckling. He’d have found it funny too, if it hadn’t been a Toa doing it.

"Without the grey matter they polluted still around, I was able to remember the memories they thought they had erased. Some of them, anyway. My actual identity remains lost to me, so, I thought I might as well use Fera’s. Besides, that name carries weight, rather than some random no one’s heard of. I had to give those I spirited to the Haven hope somehow."

"Hope based on a lie."

"Hope nonetheless. People need to believe in something, as I said. Even if its not true."

"Pfah. Well, now I know your secret. I’m going to sleep now. The only way they don't find out is if I don't come back to the Haven alive. If I’m not dead by morning, perhaps I’ll believe you."

"Whatever."

Ostrox rested upon the makeshift mattress, and forcibly dragged himself down to dreamland. As he drifted off, he could have sworn he saw the looser parts of the Clunker rattle without any wind...

IC: NU-8020S and Gnabol (Outskirts of Kini-Koro) - The Entire Chessboard

Gnabol threw his hands up in the air and decided it was best to go back home and check on the Skaklets.

NU-8020S was still processing what just happened. A Toa causes a public disturbance, gets off with only a light smack on the wrist, and the supposed 'leaders' of this village just disperse in the middle of an important discussion in favour of inane nonsense? Including Kanohi?

This had been a complete waste of time. The only organic who had expressed any interest had run off as fast as her Kakama could take her. The Commander of the Guard clearly held no real power, seeing how easily her decision was overturned. The Toa considered protecting the innocent from a dangerous mental incompetent not as important as protecting their own. And the supposed 'wisest' among them was simply content to let the Vahki free themselves. Never mind that she was only an advanced case, and that he clearly didn’t know anything about the advanced technology that even made their existence possible. 'Neural physiology', indeed.

It was a horrendous miscalculation to even come here. What form of software glitch made her think that these oozing, sweating, nauseating, bleeding sacks of pus would ever help her? Morality was an organic invention - one clearly in little use. Also in little use - the airship with the idiotic name. No one was guarding it. No one was really in need of it...

She decided against that. As much as they deserved worse, she couldn’t risk alienating Kini-Koro. Not yet. She converted to quadrupedal mode, and began scampering towards the Taku, where Nale and Skyra were.

@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Achro (Kini-Koro) - The Wrong Man in the Right Place

"NO! No, nonononono - I KEEP THE MASK! Also, I have no money, so, you’re out of luck. You - you’ve come to the wrong man. Is there anything else I could help you with though?"

@Daniel the Finlander

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Guided Tour

Navu was outside ready to welcome Skyra aboard. "Hello. Welcome to the Taku. Named after a bird. I’m Navu. I’ll be, uh, showing you around. Follow me, if you please?"

@Snelly@Tarn

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Temptations of Fate

"This is better. If you’re feeling agitated, I’m sure Okuo and Triage can do something about it once they get back. For now though, we are going to be calm. There is absolutely nothing to be worried about." Klawne might not have believed everything she said, but she was at least thankful that they weren’t about to kill each other.

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 3

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

Following Waveahk's gaze towards the currently still sealed doorway, she let out a short chuffing sound. "If you believe you know how to open the passage, then you are welcomed to try. But, I doubt you hold the knowledge that the door seeks to open it."

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi paused, thinking. “I … you have given me a starting point at least. I would like to wait, but Councilor NU and I should probably return to Tobduk-Koro sooner than later.” At that thought his fingers began to thump and drum his armor, and he became lost in thought

Finally he spoke up. ”I know our idea was suicide. And clearly I … I am not strong enough to face a war again,” his wrists flapped against his armor wildly as he recalled how quickly he fell to pieces at the sound of Cordak missiles.

He shook his head to continue, “Still, something should be done. I think … start small. Do you think we could send traders to Metru-Nui through the Ice Ruins, and offer some of Tobduk-Koro’s disks in exchange for supplies? Either way, it builds on the truce, but it could also give us a better idea of the League’s situation. If NU uses her sense hijacking staff on the trader, she could scout herself. If we know more information firsthand, maybe we can make better decisions.

OOC: @Sparticus147 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira, Tekmo, Rock Rahi

"So, uh, how did you first meet Whira?"

Cravious slowly turned his head to face the Toa, forgetting how short Toa were for a moment and having to readjust his optics by looking down. Information was a valuable resource, and this Toa truly was a fool if he thought Cravious would just give it away. Or perhaps the Toa was saying his services of feeding the rock Rahi were worth something? Cravious could respect that.

Feed our Rahi friend here like I promised it and I’ll answer your question.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro Ruins

"And I'm...Triage," the medic said, introducing himself. "Doctor of the Taku." Who is this lady?

His optics followed her gesture to the skull. The Bo-Toa raised an eyebrow at the Turaga. "Ark? You mean Mata Nui?"

@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro (Outside the Taku)

"Heh. Sure is," Nale said to Skyra, waving at Navu. "Used to be a transport. After a while we realized it was gonna need big guns in a place like this, so we upgraded."

She crossed her arms and turned to face the Toa of Air. "Well, Navu can show you around. Welcome aboard."

@BULiK@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

The assault on his ears was unlike any pain he had experienced before. It was not like being grabbed by the Abomination; it was not like falling into the acidic blood-waters of the lake. It was as metaphysical as physical, all-consuming of his attention, causing his headcase to throb as though the Rahkshi was wildly swinging it's arms inside his head. It was agony, pure and utter agony. Korruhn's hands clutched his ears as he writhed about like a wounded worm on the ground; although nothing he could do would ease the misery that screamed terror inside his head.

Korruhn opened his eyes, attempting to focus on something--anything that wasn't pain. His vision was blurred and throbbing, obscured by both the noise of his pain receptors and the thick cloud of dust that enveloped the arena in which these two gladiators did battle. He tilted his head backward to where the Rahkshi had punched through the pillar, just in time to see a hand pop through the cloud of dust; followed by another ear-shattering scream.

The Ba-Toa felt the blood leak from his ears this time. The dulling sounds turned now to a ringing; an incessant ringing with no end. His sense of sound was essentially useless at this point in the fight, and Korruhn would surely lose the other four senses if he didn't do something, and fast.

Throwing himself to one side, Korruhn rolled to his hands and knees. He felt the joints try to buckle; his brain still distracted by the unending pain in his head, but he managed to keep enough of a grip on his consciousness to at least again. The moment he did, however, a swipe from the Rahkshi's claw caught Korruhn in the side of the head, sending him twirling through the air, until he his the ground with a limp thud about twenty feet back. He groaned. His whole body screamed in agony. Whatever this monster was, it was designed with killing Toa in mind.

Korruhn knew he wasn't going to be able to recover from many more of these attacks; he was struggling enough to get up after this one, he struggled to even keep his eyes open at this point. But Korruhn's conviction was far stronger than his body. His mind flashed again to Grime, the Matoran. Despite all of the failures Korruhn had experienced in the last few months, despite all of the things he didn't accomplish, there was one thing Korruhn had done that justified his entire existence, no matter how many times he'd failed as a Toa. Grime, the Matoran, however dead or alive he was, was safe. Korruhn, the man who couldn't save his home or his people, had still managed to make a difference in this forgotten Matoran's life.

Not about to give him a break, the Rahkshi screamed again. Although Korruhn's hearing was gone at this point, he could still feel the power of the scream, and the pain the reverberated through his head. He spit blood from his mouth, and lifted himself shakily to his feet. Korruhn's mask activated in time for him to barely miss a swipe from the Rahkshi with a roll. Korruhn drew on the darkness in the area, augmenting himself with as much power as his weakened body could possibly muster. As the Rahkshi's head bore down and it charged him, Korruhn channeled all of his elemental energy into his right fist, and charged back...

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Xaril - the Crimson Galleon

Time passed, and the foreboding shape of Metru-Nui came ever closer, until the airship was flying through its open eye socket into the city. "This is Xaril, returning from scouting, with... guests," he reported over the radio. "Inform Barraki Aurax that I wish to speak with him urgently." 

The Galleon drifted down onto the landing pad, and the rear hatch lowered to the ground. 

Xaril dropped back down to the lower level to address his passengers. "Welcome back to Metru Nui."

@Unreliable Narrator @~Xemnas~ @BULiK

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Niidak (Kini-Koro)

Niidak was taken aback by the Toa's reaction. For whatever reason, he seemed offended by the mere suggestion of replacing his old, crusty mask with a far better one. Why would anyone want to willingly look ugly?

Niidak glanced at her own, deteriorated body, as if to counter her own thoughts.

The difference was that Niidak didn't care about how she looked, while the Toa seemed to care very much about looking ugly. So there was no point in trying to push the product, especially as he revealed that he had no money.

"Fine, my apologies. But yes, there is something else. Do you know of anyone who would be interested in trading? Aside from the mask, I have a weapon and some other curious and potentially useful items."

@Toru Nui

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

I … you have given me a starting point at least. I would like to wait, but Councilor NU and I should probably return to Tobduk-Koro sooner than later. I know our idea was suicide. And clearly I … I am not strong enough to face a war again.

"Kanohi..." Vulimai spoke out to the Fe-Matoran in the same gentle tone she spoke to him back at the Alp, though she momentarily hesitated in her speech, pondering whether she should say what she thought was needed to be said. But, Kanohi, even though he did not live within Kini-Koro, was still one of her charges. Placing her hand upon his shoulder, Vulimai at last spoke, soft and saddened.

"...No, you are not strong enough for war. But no one is. No one is strong enough for war itself, they simply become strong enough to carry the burden war leaves you. I hope that you never need to be so strong, Kanohi."

And as those last words left her mouth, Vulimai once more warded herself, removing her handing and reassuming her professional manner. "I am personally loathe to start trade with Metru-Nui, mainly for maintaining the secrecy of Kini-Koro. But, that secrecy may not matter anymore, as a presumably League ship was spotted from Ko-Pou, headed towards the Relic Fields. Odds are, they saw the structure and are going to report back to Aurax. So if anything, the offer of trade may at least protect Kini-Koro from Aurax for a time."

Turning around, she began to follow her patrols once more, with Kanohi following besides her if he so chose. But even if he didn't follow, Vulimai made sure to say one more thing at least. "And the idea of using Councilor's NU's staves to sense through whoever we send is a clever idea. Thank you for presenting the idea, Councilor Kanohi."

• Like 2

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"The last time I saw Sorilax..." Stannis started. He wanted to say something about knowing the other Aspect since he was a puff of air, but he wasn't wholly sure it would be prudent--nor was he absolutely confident that was indeed the case. The name of Sorilax was evident in places of power, found in certain histories and records lifted from Dume's records, and there was a niggling feeling in the back of the elder Aspect's mind that he should indeed know him--if, indeed, this was the same Aspect of Makuta Sorilax from yore. "... he was preparing for a journey and was well. We've regrettably been out of touch for a while."

It was a lie, of course, but a courteous one. To the best of his knowledge and understanding it may as well have been true, and with the confidence of a practiced charlatan performing the same trick he'd done for the thousandth time he spoke in an utterly serene demeanor devoid of the telltale signs of deception. There was a sincerity to his tone that could sway anyone to thinking he said a fact as grounded in reality as that water made things wet. 

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Stannis

Viltia tilted her head, “Oh, yeah I knew that about the journey thing. He says he has things he needs to do for his Grand Wish. Sala is helping him with that. But I’m sorry if I wasn’t specific, I meant to ask how many days ago did you see Sorilax? The sooner the better, because that’s less of a chance for him and Sala to be hurt and needing help somewhere.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @BULiK

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini Koro Outskirts

Knichou was about to ask who Sorilax was but, Viltia's answer revealed he was yet another aspect. Strange, Stannis wasn't really the type to call an aspect a friend, especially given how even when the Toa of stone arrived in Kini-Koro this morning, he was just as wary of Whisper as before.

"Have you been to this village before?" the Fe-Toa asked Stannis. "How do you know this Sorilax guy?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi let out a sigh of relief that he had contributed anything, but and followed after her. As he walked he said, “I … was unaware that the League might know the position of Ko-Pou. Tobruk-Koro does not have many weapons, but Disks of Weakening are common enough, and we have a few Jutlin. If you need help fortifying the outpost, we can share what we have.” Besides, if war … if war resumed and the League took over Ko-Pou, the portals would guide them to Kini-Koro and Tobruk-Koro.

He paused briefly to stare at his staff, before hurrying back after her,. As he rematched her pace he said, “There … is something else we may be able to build.. In the first week of our time on this island, a … a Ta-Matoran built this staff for me. It’s something of a Kanoka Blade of Regeneration I suppose. He passed away in a Skakdi raid, but I helped him craft it, I still know some of the steps. And the Vortixx I mentioned built their own Kanoka Blade. If you think it might be useful, perjaos we could begin making Kanoka Blades, if we can find more Protodermis.” When last he had been in Tobduk-Koro, they were searching for sites to build additional mines.

OOC: @Sparticus147

Kardaka paused, “The lesser spirit? I … suppose he might have abandoned the island too.” She stared up at the severed sunken head. “Must have walked through too many sandstorms, my memory is not as strong as it used to be. But I still recognize the Ark, I remember when it launched. It was only … it was some time ago…

The Turaga trailed to touch the words carved into her armor, tracing the circular letters with her mitten-esque hands. After a few moments in thought she said, “I just came from the ruins of the refugee camp north of here, the one now sunken in the mud. I saw a ship traverse through the air towards to this spot before I departing, I thought the refugees might have come here.

• Like 2

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

Sorilax stepped from the Far Shore portal, new knowledge ringing in his head and yet another Taboo mark on a higher up section of the inside of his right arm. He was constantly letting off a soft, golden glow, though he didn’t recognize that he was. His shadow lizard teleported from his now glowing head and into his backpack.

He wanted to inspect the new Taboo he had learned from nowhere, but instead his connection to the Air Suva jumped into his mind. How odd. When he had left, Kini-Nui had been out of the Air Suva’s range. Still, this confirmed he was back home. And, great jumping Mahi! Someone had been busy filling the Suva with all sorts of Great Kanohi. He mentally inspected one of them, the creator being listed as Viltia.

Wait, the Viltia he knew? Intriguing. He didn’t know she could create masks. Or that she had found the Air Suva. Well, she had probably found it while waiting for Sala and him to return. It had been a week, after all. Oh, and the few days he had spent in the Far Shore.

Sorilax stepped down from the portal in complete Silence, as he had had his stage 1 Kraata power active for several days and it had become a habit of having it up. As he looked down to secure his footing, he noticed something strapped to himself. Several things, in fact. He looked down in full, spotting several new weapons tied to himself. There were even two Kanohi strapped to him in little half pouches with straps to hold their upper halves in place.

At his hips were what appeared to be the staff ends of a Rahkshi’s weapon, but they looked different, far more finely made. Perfect, but a little too perfect, as if they weren’t made for physically hitting things.

Around his shoulder was some type of longbow. He walked up to Nuju and Sidra as he pulled it from his shoulder. It was the blue of glaciers beyond cold, a color he knew far too well now. Above that blue was intricate detailing of pure white, not dirtied in the slightest. As it moved through the air, it let off frozen vapor, as if a living being were breathing in the cold. He would have to inspect these new weapons more closely later.

Returning the longbow to his shoulder, Sorilax sat down on a hardlight chair he conjured and went through his backpack. He noticed there was a strange vial with a bright green liquid in it. At first he thought it was ABZIS or maybe even the BAZ technology, but the green was nowhere near the same color and his fears abated. His Far Shore journey was done, over. He had received rewards, just as Nuju had promised. Nothing had returned with him except for himself.

There were no other new objects, just the ones he already knew about. He looked at Sidra, who was looking at Nuju. How odd that she would be here when he had been in the Far Shore for over half a week. Still, perhaps she had left and come back.

Sorilax’s mental connection to Sala was still there, though still out of “range”. That filled him with such relief. He hadn’t been 100% sure if Void Sala had actually been Sala or not. He didn’t think it had been, but doubt had still filled his mind. Knowing Sala was okay so far was a relief. He hoped his friend would emerge from the portal soon.

Sorilax held up the vial of Visorak Venom for Nuju and Sidra to see, “Would either of you be able to identify this? Based on a cursory viewing, I would say it holds mutagenic properties, just like the waters in the Fau Swamp. I am fairy confident in that statement, as when one turns it over, the way the air moves through it implies it is more than just pure liquid. But one can never quite be certain about these types of things.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

"Thanks Nale." Skyra looks at Navu. "Alright, tour me until I drop!" The Toa of Air blinked. "Never mind, that sounded better in my head. Lead the way." 

OOC: @BULiK@Tarn @Toru Nui 

IC: Vashni - Kini-koro -

Vashni stopped her bike as Iradra waved at her. "Hello Iradra, having a pleasant day so far?" Vashni asked, knowing full well that something was amiss. While the distress was plain on the Matoran's face, Vashni could always feel the emotions of those around her, especially strong ones. It wasn't something she was even capable of turning off, but she was used to it. 

"Something the matter?" The Toa of Psionics asked. While she'd always sense their emotions, she never read the minds of friends without their permission. 

@Onaku

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

1 hour ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Viltia tilted her head, “Oh, yeah I knew that about the journey thing. He says he has things he needs to do for his Grand Wish. Sala is helping him with that. But I’m sorry if I wasn’t specific, I meant to ask how many days ago did you see Sorilax? The sooner the better, because that’s less of a chance for him and Sala to be hurt and needing help somewhere.

1 hour ago, BULiK said:

"Have you been to this village before?" the Fe-Toa asked Stannis. "How do you know this Sorilax guy?"

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"When you get to my age you don't measure time in days anymore," Stannis said, giving Knichou a staying gesture with his hand. "It's been far longer than that."

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Knichou, Stannis

Oh…” Viltia sighed, saddened. She thought this Toa of Stone had seen Sorilax recently. She looked down, noticing the crate of Kanoka still in her hands, “Hey! You said you wanted to trade, too, right? What did you want to trade?

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @BULiK

• Like 1

Keeping an out throughout the village, taking mental notes whenever she saw something out-of-place or that needed doing, Vulimai made sure to listen to each word Kanohi said, nodding along as he spoke. With him finishing his offer, Vulimai turned her head back and replied to the offer.

"A staff of regeneration, interesting, I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. If you believe you can make Kanoka blades or these Kanoka staves, then I would be more than willing to offer whatever we can to aid in their construction. The Matoran guard need whatever they can to be able to fight on equal-footing with physically superior foes."

"As for the weakness disks and Jutlins, other than the few none-Matoran residence amongst the populace of Kini-Koro, the masks would be appreciated but unneeded. The disks on the other hand, those we will gladly accept. In exchange for such aid, I find it more than fair to send a number of the guard currently stationed through Kini-Koro to assist with the security of Tobduk-Koro."

• Like 1