Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Halfway between Kini-Nui and Kini-Koro

Sorilax had written down his newest Taboo, but as he did, he thought about how his scrolls had disappeared within the Far Shore. Had they gotten into the hands of another Aspect, they would have learned all the Taboos he had originally wanted to keep from other Aspects. Well, before he realized how easy it was to acquire them by himself through research, which meant other Aspects could do the same.

It seemed to him that the poems and symbols held all the power, with everything else just being descriptions. Instead of destroying his scroll, perhaps he could just destroy those important parts and then remember the details when he went back to his temple on the Kumu Islets and inscribed his findings in stone.

Sorilax had proceeded to blot out all the poems and symbols, then set aside the scroll to let it dry, turning to the new scroll and writing down all that had transpired and that he had learned during his trip to the Far Shore.

He could hear jungle birds faintly in the distance and he enjoyed being able to tell their species just from their call. The Rahi reminded him of why he had originally left Le-Metru Nuva, to find out how to replace sentient Heartlights for Rahi ones in the Desecration Taboo. He couldn’t wait to return to the village to offer a much less morally bad option for Desecration. Not to mention he had changed his very nature as an Aspect. Now he was confident in offering Kraata, there were no secret, selfish motives behind it any longer.

After finishing up his scroll on his Far Shore adventure, he started sketching the town in front of him, just letting himself calm down for a bit and enjoy the act of drawing. He hadn’t realized how stressful the last few days in the Far Shore had been.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira, Tekmo, Rock Rahi

Cravious was quite surprised to see the rock Rahi visibly grow a couple inches. Given enough time, this thing might become a mountain in its own right. Perhaps this Rahi should be killed right here and now, for the sake of all on Zakaz. Eh, not his problem. No money in it at this point. Plus, once Whira achieved her Grand Wish, no Rahi, no matter how large, would be able to stand against her.

Well, Tekmo had kept up his end of the deal. Cravious went to cross his arms, then remembered he was holding both of his weapons and awkwardly lowered them again. His voice was harsh, though that was his default tone, “I met Whira in the Ash Barrens inside a ziggurat. I wished to be Desecrated and she was the only one who responded among the several Aspects there. I heard her Grand Wish and decided to devote myself to her. The more powerful she becomes, so too will I.

Then Whira returned across her bridge of Shadow. "Nothing important there," she said. 

Cravious frowned. He hadn’t figured there would be, but it was still disappointing nonetheless. Time was money. Or, in this case, time was power, which led to money.

Whira turned to the rock. "Are there any other locations around here with a different kind of "juice"? Perhaps with a different color?"

Cravious turned back to the rock Rahi. It had seemed smart enough, definitely not like normal Rahi. Perhaps an answer was in there, it just was too stupid to realize it.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

2 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Niidak (Kini-Koro)

She approached them and tapped them on the shoulder with her claw. "Hey there, could you help me navigate this place? I haven't been here before. Are there places for drinking and trading, and if yes, then where are they?"

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"Uh, sorry, I'm not sure," she turned towards the Vortixx who'd approached her, relieved to see it was no one she knew. "This is my first time visiting the village as well." 

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

"Boarding ramp, cool cool." Skyra followed, almost telling Navu that it would be fine if she took smaller steps, but it was pretty funny to watch the Matoran make those big strides so...

"I've rode on airships before, but this one seems a bit larger than most." 

OOC: @BULiK@Tarn @Toru Nui 

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Niidak blinked. "Oh, really? Thought you were a local guard or something, because of this," she said and pointed at the stranger's badge on the chestplate. "My bad then."

She looked closely at the various items the stranger was carrying, as well as at the large satchel. Whoever this was, they had no lack of equipment. "Hmm, by the way... do you happen to have anything that can cut through stone?"

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"I am, sort of, just for a different village," she explained. "And as it happens, I've got a seismic pickaxe that's pretty good at carving through most things."

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

20 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Oh…” Viltia sighed, saddened. She thought this Toa of Stone had seen Sorilax recently. She looked down, noticing the crate of Kanoka still in her hands, “Hey! You said you wanted to trade, too, right? What did you want to trade?

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"There are several pieces of technology and science in my airship. You cannot have the vessel itself, mind you, but if there are items inside it that you would find useful in your village you may have them. It is what I have to offer."

• Like 1

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro Ruins

"That's right," Triage said after the Turaga had corrected herself. He didn't try to pretend he understood what this talk of an "Ark" meant, just like he hadn't with Tuyet's talk of saving the universe or something. It was all above him--he was just here to patch people up when they got hurt, and right now he was here to solve what was happening to the Ko-Pou Matoran. He glanced over his shoulder at the home him and Okuo were supposed to be investigating.

"Seems like you've been around for...a while. Do you have a place to stay around here?"

@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro (Outside the Taku)

Nale focused her optics on the figure advancing on all fours, recognizing it was NU-8020S. She started walking to meet the Vahki half-way, curious why the unit had followed her. After all, they were still going through with the plan Kanohi and her had brought up originally. Perhaps NU had assumed they'd abandoned it--Nale and Knichou were being very secretive about what they were going to do next, albeit for the safety of the mission.

@BULiK@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Outskirts

Now that the old man had finished his offer, Knichou finally spoke up. He was not going to be upstaged by the Po-Toa's garage sale. Knichou still wanted to know more about this village with the capability to product the Kanoka he needed.

"I'll give you four Rhotuka launchers for your Kanoka, and throw in a free long range radio tower for you village... if you show me where it is."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Ysocla - Irnakk's Tooth:

Ysocla leaned against the wall for support as a psionic scream washed over her. She rubbed her head gingerly as the noise subsided and pushed herself back to a standing position. Hang on, that voice is Lady Yumiwak, she realized. The Vo-skakdi started to rush down the tunnel when a mysterious fog obscured her vision. Don’t tell me this place isn’t done messing with us. Focusing her x-ray vision once more, she was relieved to discover that this fog could be penetrated by her ability. That means someone else is creating this haze. The Mesi, no doubt.

She began to carefully and quietly make her way down the tunnel, keeping an eye out for potential combatants, only to run into Lady Yumiwak and Zai resting against the wall. The two had clearly broken free of their nightmares recently. The engineer moved to help both of them up.

Are you two okay?” she whispered. “Try to stay quiet; the Mesi are likely close by.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Vezok's Friend @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

"Hm... I'd be willing to lend it to you... or even just help out with whatever you're working on," She said, after a few moments of consideration. "There might be something tech-related you could help me with later on. I'm just waiting for GM approval sorting out a few details in my head." 

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 4

IC Yumiwak | Irnakk's Tooth

"Yes... I can feel their minds," I said to Ysocla. I was stick dazed from the vision and shook my head to clear the brain fog away, but it only kind of worked. I accepted Ysocla's hand and enthusiastically leaped back to my feet and holstered my weapon; there was no use in having it out just yet until we faced an opponent made of flesh and armor. "Thanks. How fared Korio and Zataka?"

@pokemonlover360

• Like 1

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

Korio winced as the scream pierced his audio receptors. He was starting to really, really hate this place. And now there was a fog engulfing them, doing more to set the mood for the inevitable than anything.

He followed Ysocla closely, the other Vo-Skakdi's x-ray vision helping her navigate, his own tertiary power keeping him on track. Korio had his crossbow at the ready for if any of the Mesi (if they survived their own nightmares, that is) planned on ambushing them in the low visibility. They eventually came upon Yumiwak and (ugh) Zai. Weird, hadn't he been right by Miss Yumi's side before? Korio concluded he must have navigated in a circle while in his nightmare, the layout of the house and the plain overlapping with the tunnels and confusing his mental compass. Or maybe...it was just Irnakk's own dark power. The latter sounded much more convincing and scary.

"Well enough. Glad we're all reunited then," he said in response to Yumiwak, voice low. "Now why don't we finish this up and give these pricks a thrashing?"

Korio pointed his crossbow ahead, his tertiary power still keeping him facing the right direction even in the fog. "I call dibs on first blood."

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Marrow (and minions) - Irnakk's Tooth

His keen senses allowed him to discern more details about the group as they drew nearer.

Four were Skakdi by the soft sounds of rustling frills, scraping claws, and heavy gait, though one sounded like they were limping – two of electricity, one of fire and one of psionics by the reckoning of his sixth sense – while the fifth member of the group was something far larger – an Aspect, perhaps, based on the aura of shadow he could sense around it as it crunched down into a kneeling position near the back of the procession. 

Anticipating an attack or probe from the Ce-Skakdi – he could already feel its powers in use – Marrow was surprised when the first touch of telepathy that brushed his mind came from a source that his sixth sense couldn’t detect, perhaps a kraata borne by one of the group? 

:A brave defense. Using the terrain and darkness to your advantage. But the darkness might not be the ally you think it is. Why fight another nightmare you don’t have to? Stand down, and everyone here will live to see tomorrow.:

Spare me the false bargains, he thought back, hoping whoever was speaking to them was using the type of telepathy that received as well as transmitted. There are lies enough in this wretched place. Your companions are already speaking openly of who gets first blood.

Marrow had learned long ago that there was no talking one's way out of a confrontation with warskaks. There was only fighting or running, and he had little room left to retreat. This group had fired upon his kin, without warning or provocation, and in so doing they'd made their stance on his kind abundantly clear. And even if he somehow got past these five, the ship outside would obliterate them while they vulnerable, either in the bottleneck of the tunnel mouth, or during their descent down the exposed mountainside.

There would be no peaceful escape from this situation. Perhaps no escape at all.

Still, he held short of attacking immediately. He wanted to at least try to humour whoever was mind-speaking at him. Assuming it wasn't just a ploy to get him to surrender, it meant this group were divided in intent, and that was a weakness that could be exploited. 

@Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @pokemonlover360

• Like 2

The stranger was not demanding immediate payment? How strange and trusting of them. It was a chance to get a powerful tool for free - but Niidak pushed those thoughts aside. She didn't want to get into trouble again, not in this lawless wasteland, and not with a person who was armed to the teeth.

"Sounds good, though I just need the tool for something I plan to do in the future." Niidak wished to keep the statue secret for now, until she could secure its potentially valuable head for herself. "I can offer my services in exchange - as a proud citizen of Xia, I'm an expert in matters of technology."

She offered her claw, so the stranger could shake it as an informal way to sign the deal. "My name is Niidak. While I have no permanent residence, I plan on staying in this village for a while, so it shouldn't be too hard to find me when you need me."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Very well," she shook the offered hand. "I'm Sidra."

She pulled the seismic pickaxe from where it was slung across her back, and offered it to Niidak. 

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

IC: The Ruins of Earth

“Great disc of appropriate power must be inserted into NUVA device,” the machine answered Kat. It pulled out the box containing the great discs and began walking towards the device.

"Kilo, what are you doing, exactly?" Arkius interjected, stepping forward. "Hand the disks over, we are about to begin the bestowment of the boon."

“This unit is activating the device. Is there a problem?”

Jutori stepped forward, suspicion in his optics. “Yes, is there a problem, Arkius?”

"You? Activating the device? What fault in your programming led you to that conclusion? Jutori here must be the one to activate the device, Kat standing alongside him, for the bestowment of the boon to function properly. I would have thought as much obvious but it seems I overestimated the dependability of your computational prowess. Now hand the disks over so we may begin."

“What’s wrong with Kilo doing it…?” Kat asked.

Arkius turned to Kat with a confused furrow of his brow. "Kilo is a machine, not a Toa."

“This unit is unaware of any species-based restrictions to the device.”

The Earthen Toa looked back to Kilo, a bemused expression on his features. "Species? Is that what you designate yourself as?"

“The reward ahead of us is for anyone who wishes to seek it,” Jutori countered. He hefted his hammer over his shoulder, gesturing to the machine, then the Ta-Toa with them. “Kilo is as deserving of it as either Kat or I.”

“I think it’s a great idea!” Kat spoke up cheerily. “After all, Kilo can’t get stronger through training like other people can, so he can do it this way!”

The machine paused for a moment to consider Arkius’ question while its allies vouched for it. Finally it broke its silence. “This unit may not qualify as a ‘species’ based on your definition, but that does not mean this unit is unworthy of this power. Please step aside Toa Arkius.”

Arkius glared at the machine that so audaciously designated itself worthy of the boon he assuredly knew only a Toa could be bestowed. "I see now. It's clear your programming has degraded in your long years of hiding." Arkius stretched out his hand, and for a moment, those who had been paying attention recognised his posture as that of preparing to use his power of Earth. But he stopped. Staring into Kilo's optic was the singular eye of Arkius, not the pale emerald hue it had for the most part been since his transformation, but a vibrant green from before, his expression changing from intense and loathing to pleading and somber. "Please… I'm… so sorry… help-"

For a brief, almost fleeting moment, Kilo might have noticed the vibrant eye looking at the staff he carried, before snapping back to glare at the machine, its hue fading once more to a pale venomous green before the toa clenched his fist, the ground rupturing with earthen arms that grabbed and restrained Kilo, forcing it to drop the box containing the great discs from its hands. "I don't like having to repeat myself, Kilo. Now let us proceed with this bestowment as it was intended."

Jutori suddenly changed stance, taking his hammer in both hands. “Let Kilo go, Arkius. This will go no further.”

As Arkius moved towards the great disc box it was suddenly hit by a projectile and encased in a bubble of energy. The mechanical enforcer had managed enough movement in its restrained state to blast the box with its tail. “Toa Arkius, this unit has noticed the change in behavior exhibited by Ally Atamai and yourself. Whatever mental alterations have occured due to the NUVA device is hindering your thinking processes. Additional violence is not required, but Toa Arkius cannot be trusted to select who receives this power.”

There was a long moment where Kilo and Arkius stared at each other. Arkius’ eye grew more brilliant again for a brief moment, and it looked like he might concede to the group, before it dulled once more, and his face twisted with a dark scowl. He clenched his hand into a fist once more, and the earthen hands restraining Kilo twisted around, pulling on the Kralhi and with a horrible shriek of rending metal, the mechanical enforcer was ripped in two and thrown across the chamber. The energy bubble encasing the disc box dissipated as the signal was cut off, causing the container to once again clatter to the floor. 

Jutori‘s eyes flew wide open in shock, and he tightened his grip around his sledgehammer. He knew that, as a Toa, it wasn’t right to think this way, but at the moment he very much wanted to bring it down on Arkius’ head. Brutalizing Kilo was the last straw--the Toa of Earth’s plans would end here. Yet before he could act, the Toa of Gravity found himself restrained with arms of living earth as Kilo had been before, the constructs holding him tight and preventing his movement. Jutori groaned and struggled to break free.

Kat was similarly in shock, but she fell back on her training. ‘Keep your eyes on the fight’, Lhii had always instructed. It was a lesson that she’d taken to heart. Her training became her instincts, and she dropped into a more comfortable fighting stance. 

Arkius had meanwhile picked up the box, taking out the Great Disk of Ga-Metru and gently dropping it. He then took out what he realised was *not* a Great Disk, and looking into the box again, realised that neither of the remaining two were the Onu-Metru disk. "Oh of course." He muttered as he dropped the box, shooting a glare at the felled Kilo before realising Kat's uncertainty. “Come, Katrin, the power of NUVA waits only for you and Jutori to claim it!” Arkius spoke, a fanatical tone to his voice, taking a step forward.

Kat’s entire body trembled slightly, but whether it was excitement or fear could not be said. She did not back down. “If it makes me want to hurt people, I’m not sure I want that kind of power anymore!” Her expression hardened, “Just look what you did to Kilo! He’s your friend, isn’t he?”

Arkius tilted his head. "Friend? Kilo is a machine, Katrin. To have called it an 'ally' was generous, but assigning monikers of emotional attachment to a machine is utterly delusional. Besides, its programming is obviously far too faulty to serve our cause any longer. Clearly the eradication of those prototypes was the sensible course of action after all."

“I don’t believe that for a second! He can think and talk and make decisions just like anyone else!” Kat rebuked.

Arkius sighed, “Most disappointing, I had expected more rationality from a Toa of your caliber. It seems you don’t yet understand, but I believe you can... and will, once I have ensured you and Jutori are rightfully bestowed this boon. You should be thanking me, Katrin! This boon, this ascension, it is a great honor!” He took a step forward, “We simply require the disc that machine has erroneously withheld from its rightful bearers.”

Arkius opened his mouth to speak more, but was suddenly flung bodily away from the group toward the far wall. Jutori had managed to use his element, breaking the Toa of Earth’s concentration long enough to be freed from his prison. The Ba-Toa radiated with power and a cold anger crept into his voice as he finally spoke, “You know, Kilo and I didn’t trust you. Maybe it calculated something like this would happen all along.” He held his hammer like he was prepared to swing at the Toa of Earth. “It’s not very Toa-like of me, Arkius...but if you take so much as another step toward it, I’ll end you.”

The Earthen Toa grit his teeth and rose to his feet, glaring at Jutori with an intense expression, before it twisted into an amused grin. "Good… More and more you are learning how to utilise the power you possess. Your attitude may need some adjusting, but I was right, you are worthy to be bestowed this boon." Arkius stood up straight, the earth churning at his feet.

“You only seem to know how to abuse your power!” Kat said, stepping forward, her arms folded. She had a strange expression on her face, a mix of anger and pity. 

"I only use them for what must be done. Now, stand aside, and I will relieve that hunk of scrap metal of the disk." 

The temperature of the room had slowly been increasing as the argument had continued, but now it suddenly flared, and Kat took one final, defiant step forward, a step that seemed larger than life, seemed to be too big for a Toa of Kat’s size. 

“No.”

Jutori took the proactive approach, leaping forward and swinging his hammer towards the Toa of Earth’s midsection. “You will do no such thing!”

Jutori's attack, broadcasted as it was, met with a wall of soil that robbed it of its momentum, before it crumbled to reveal Arkius throwing a mean right hook aimed for his gut. With little time to defend himself, Jutori took the blow, feeling the wind knocked out of him. He stumbled back, attempting to draw breath again. Kat stepped in, just as quickly taking Jutori’s place, her trained speed far outpacing the other Toa’s, and she snapped a kick toward Arkius’s head, a burst of fire from her leg propelling it to even greater speed.

Arkius barely managed to get his arm up in time to block, assisted by his mask, though the strike still knocked him sideways and off balance briefly before he managed to turn with the attack, using the momentum to plant a fist squarely in Kat’s side. His attack met nothing but air, Kat herself had unleashed a second burst of flame to reverse her kick, pivoting away from a counter she’d been expecting, and Arkius caught sight of her again just as she threw him the opposite direction with a second powerful kick to the other side of his head. He stumbled, the solid blow throwing stars before his vision for a moment. The Toa of Earth grunted, quickly regaining his composure as he straightened, bringing his own rippling arms up defensively. A low, rumbling chuckle escaped his lips. “Very well.”

Jutori grimaced, catching his breath after the short moment had passed. Kat was fast, way fast. He wasn’t trained like she was, but she’d managed a pretty solid looking hit on Arkius, maybe together they could stop him.  There was no time to think about alternatives, and the Toa of Gravity grit his teeth, and let his element flow through the head of his hammer, making it lighter as he dashed in once more, and began to swing, making it heavier as it came for Arkius torso once more. The Nuva of Earth stepped back, letting the hammer fall through empty air, and pulled the earth beneath Jutori’s feet out from under him, causing the Ba-Toa to fall over after his overextension. 

Kat came for him next, a spinning axe kick that trailed fire. Arkius raised a fist and with it, a column of earth shot upward, meeting the Toa of Fire. Kat tried to use her fire to power through the attack, but it overwhelmed her, and she was thrown back, turning back over once in the air and landing on her feet on the other side of the Nuva machine. She’d barely touched the surface before she was moving again, vaulting over the Machine and pushing off of it, launching herself at the Toa of Earth, fist full of fire. She swung, too early? No, Arkius realized her plan a split second after she threw her arm down, a burst of flame threw Kat up and over Arkius, and another accelerated her leg around, catching him in the small of the back, sending him staggering forward. 

Her speed was quickly becoming a nuisance, and Arkius used his Calix abilities to regain his feet and throw a kick backward of his own, catching Kat in the chest as she dashed in to continue her own attack. Kat staggered backward, the wind knocked liberally from her. Arkius was strong. Super strong! Her Spirit flared brighter. She really could afford to let loose a little here! That was kind of exciting!

Jutori meanwhile took the opportunity to at last land a hit of his own while Arkius focused on Kat, planting the head of his hammer in Arkius’ gut. The Nuva of Earth doubled over, pain roaring through his abdomen. He growled, reaching out to seize the Ba-Toa, when his arm doubled in weight, nearly dragging him to the ground. His other arm soon followed suit, and it spread to his whole body, the Earthen Toa struggling to remain upright with gravity suddenly pulling him down with greater force. Jutori’s emerald optics blazed with a righteous fury. The hammer came around once more, and this time, Arkius felt something creak. He fell, hard, and that creak was replaced with a dull crunch as something broke. Pain forced its way into his brain, and with it, rage. Jutori had broken a rib with that attack. The Toa of Gravity wouldn’t be one to admit it, but he felt satisfaction at having a hit connect with Arkius. “I don’t know what fantasies you had of us serving under you after receiving this power, but they won’t be happeni-"

Jutori's words were cut off suddenly as the large hands of the Earth Toa wrapped around his ankles before lifting him up, swinging him overhead, and slamming him into the ground, leaving a distinctly Jutori-shaped crater in the floor. The Ba-Toa let out a wheeze of pain.

Off to the side of the fighting, lying against one of the room’s earthen walls, green eyes slowly began to glow once more.

Critical damage sustained. Performing diagnostics.

Mechanical fingers began to twitch, the movement dislodging the earth that still rested on the metallic surface.

Cannot detect rear legs and tail. Front legs unresponsive. Arms are functional.

The machine slowly rotated its now dented cranial unit, the neck joint creaking from the effort.

Observing situation. Allies Kat and Jutori are in need of assistance. This unit cannot provide assistance in current state.

Considering options...

Kat moved in behind Arkius, her arms slipping under his, then up and behind his neck, and she pulled him down and back, trying to use his height against him, "Arkius, stop it!" What she got in response was a sudden and heavy blow to her gut, knocking her off him and to her knees from the force. She clutched her stomach, confused for a moment. Until she looked up at Arkius. 

As she beheld his form, she saw clear evidence of the earth having crawled up his form before coalescing into a blunt spike that had shot out from his back, though before she had any further time to contemplate this, the Earth Toa had turned around to face her with an enraged expression, reaching for his axe off his back. “Enough games. Stay down or you’re joining the robot, and then I’ll just have to find someone else to receive the boon.” The earth churned around both Jutori and Kat, and they could both feel it start to grasp at them, pulling them down, while Arkius began striding toward the downed Kilo.

Energy containment blast unavailable. Melee combat abilities are currently limited. Weakness discs will not disable target.

Searching for additional options...

Earth crept up around Kat's limbs, grains of soil moving like ants across her body. She frowned. This was not the way Toa were supposed to act. Toa did not use their powers to hurt their friends. Her spirit burned with righteous fury. She had trusted the Toa of Earth, and he had gone too far. The air around her wavered with heat radiating from her. Power bubbled from within, and all at once she let it free with a shout, an explosion of fire freeing her momentarily. She threw her arms forward, wrists together, palms out, with her fingers arched. A roiling ball of white hot flame appeared between her hands. 'No more games,' Arkius had said. Kat agreed with that. The heat that had been building in the room suddenly vanished, pulled into the ball of Flame that Kat held. And then she let it go. "DRAGON FLARE!" The attack tore across the chamber, headed for the Nuva of Earth. 

Arkius turned around upon the Fire Toa freeing herself, his grimace deepening as he saw her prepare her attack, before promptly it went off. In response, Arkius quickly raised a wedge of earth that intercepted the blast, splitting the raging beam in two. Even then, the rushed defensive structure quickly disintegrated from the assault, leaving a trail of dust and smoke in the wake of the blast as it traveled past, leaving two large scorch marks in the far wall of the chamber. With no Arkius in sight. Kat only had a second to wonder where he’d disappeared to before a powerful chop to the back of the neck took her out of action, sending her to the ground. With the two toa dealt with, Arkius once more began to advance on the downed Kilo, his singular pale emerald eye fixated on him with an intense expression of loathing.

...Spear of Fusion is within reach. Calculating projectile vectors. Targeting Toa Arkius...

But before Kilo could fire the beam, Arkius was upon him, grabbing the spear by the haft and moving it to point away while he loomed over the mechanical enforcer. For a moment, he glared, holding the spear aside with one hand while he raised his axe with the other.

Then his eye turned a familiar vibrant green, his expression changed from rage and loathing to a calm one, and his hand turned the spear to point at him again.

“Do it.”

This unit wants Ally Arkius back. Firing defusion beam.

Simultaneously, the will of Kilo and Arkius commanded the spear’s beam, striking the Earth Toa’s chest and permeating throughout his entire form. A translucent glowing silhouette emerged from his back as his entire form became engulfed in an unsettling radiance, the silhouette slowly solidifying into a being while the glowing form of Arkius dimmed again, and the newly manifested being fell back to the ground behind him.

Arkius opened the eye he had sparsely seen through since a month ago. Looking around, he realised that he was looking through not one but two eyes, through which he gazed up at the black ceiling above him before they swiftly trailed down to the looming form standing over Kilo. With a quick exhale of exertion, he got on his feet, and leapt forth.

Arkius tried to open the eye he had sparsely seen through before a month ago, but quickly realised he couldn’t. Having dropped both the spear and his axe, he reached up to his eyes and found that behind his mask he had none. Then someone grabbed him from behind. Arkius’ expression twisted into fury, but before he could do anything, the other Arkius, who realised at this point he was smaller than before, proceeded to suplex the larger one, flinging him up and over and into the ground behind him, the eyeless Arkius grunting with pain and rolling over on the ground.

The smaller Arkius, with his two vibrant green eyes, swiftly got up again and stepped over to Kilo, reaching a hand down to the mangled machine, an expression of concern on his maskless face. His form was clad in almost pure black armour, only his exposed facial features displaying a grey metallic hue, albeit with lingering hints of the Calix he'd once worn.

Jutori climbed to his feet, his armor more worse for wear and a headache pinging the back of his skull, but still alive. For a moment, he thought he’d hit his head much harder, because now he was seeing double. Before him was a pair of Arkiuses (Arki?) in the room. “What...in karzahni…?” Concerned for Kilo, he stumbled over to the Kralhi and the Arkius approaching it, pointing his sledgehammer at the Toa. Now closer, he was able to take in the differences. Both optics intact, a maskless face, pure black armour… this was a new man entirely. Jutori lowered his weapon, resting the head of the sledgehammer against the floor as he leaned on it for support, looking closer at the double. “Arkius?”

Arkius and Jutori’s mechanical ally propped its rapidly deteriorating body up on the Spear of Fusion and looked up into the eyes of the newly recovered Toa. “Welcome back, Ally Arkius,” it said weakly. It politely waved the Earth Toa’s hand away before responding to Jutori. “Spear of Fusion usage was successful. Enemy Arkius remains a threat. Allies Jutori and Arkius, work together to stall his advance; this unit will activate the device.” So saying, the damaged machine began dragging itself along the ground using the tip of the Spear.

“D-don’t count me out just yet….” Kat managed, struggling to her feet.

By now, the enemy Arkius had managed to orient himself, his palm on the ground as he took in all the information his earth senses could afford him. Ally Arkius turned around, suspecting what his counterpart was doing. "Be aware… he may not have eyes, but he can still see u-"

Enemy Arkius rose to his feet swiftly and suddenly, and with an upward swing of his fist, an earthen boulder flew out of the floor and at the ally Arkius, who raised his hands to affect the earth… only for nothing to happen, the boulder hitting him square in the chest and sending him flying into the wall on the other side of the chamber.

Jutori ran to the side of ally Arkius, still somewhat confused by the situation. “Your element,” he said. “You couldn’t stop his attack. Have you lost your connection…?” The ally Arkius groaned, holding his chest with a wince before looking at Jutori, a worried expression on his features as he propped himself up against the wall. “I… I don’t know… I tried to use my power, but… I can’t feel it there any more.” 

Meanwhile, the enemy Arkius had bent the earth to bring his axe to himself, which he hefted with a vicious scowl on his eyeless features. "You will ALL DIE for this! And it will not end there! For your treason, ALL YOUR PEOPLE SHALL SUFFER!"

"You aren't worthy of being a Toa!" Kat shouted in response, having taken to the air, and punctuating her declaration with a devastating spinning kick to his face.

But the enemy Arkius was ready. Robbed of his sight, he used his sense of earth. He felt the Toa of fire push away from the earth, heard her position as she cried out, and he knew which direction the Fire Toa was coming from, and conjured an arch of earth to intercept her, before exploding the arch apart with force, the immense Earth Toa bulldozing through the rubble to swing his axe at her. A new burst of fire changed her trajectory mid air, shunting the Toa of Fire sideways in the air, the axe swing passing dangerously close to her face, and she swung her other foot for all she could give at Arkius' arm, hoping to either do some damage, or at the very least disarm him.  The kick connected, knocking the axe out of the enemy Arkius’ hand, who growled angrily, before raising his arms into the air as if he was pulling something up with great effort. Immediately it became apparent what he was doing, as the ground around him and Kat loosened into dust and sand, which whirled up and around them until they were both inside a small sandstorm, with Arkius in the eye of it, and visibility utterly cut off within it area. With the earth in the air, Arkius could see everything, and so he leapt forth at the blinded Kat, bringing his fist in for a vicious strike to her head.

With no wind to drive the sandstorm, Kat could still hear, but more importantly, she could still feel Arkius coming. His blood ran hot with the pitch of battle, and his breath warmed the air. She was not new to fighting blind, but the stinging grit of sand took her by surprise momentarily, her guard came up a fraction of a second too late, and she was sent careening out of the storm, stars exploding before her vision as pain lanced through her cranium. Her vision swam for a moment, before she recovered, shaking her head to clear it. Arkius, the one they were fighting, anyway, was literally in his element here. They needed an equaliser. She grimaced. Would her master approve of her plan? It would only be for a little bit, and then she would stop the technique. Surely that would be okay? She didn't see many other options. 

"Hold him!" She cried, assuming a strange stance. Her hands placed above and below her heart light, palms facing each other.

Jutori turned his attention to the two opponents. With the other Arkius still inside the sandstorm, and Kat apparently cooking something up, the battered Toa of Gravity focused his element onto the location of enemy Arkius. He increased the gravity around the Toa of Earth greatly, to the point it was putting a strain on Jutori. “Do your...thing...any time, now…!” he said.

The world faded away for Katrin, as she closed her eyes and she stretched out with her senses. The sun, far above. The volcanoes. The magma deep below. The scorch of lightning. The rage of wildfires. The safety of a campfire, the heat of a warm sandy beach, the heart of a forge. She called out to them all. And then, she called for the Dragon. And it answered with a roar. Around her, the air shimmered and warmed and the heat turned the chamber into a veritable oven as power rose from within.

Kat opened her eyes, brought her hands together over her heartlight, and spoke.

"Forbidden Technique: Wrath of the Dragon."

Flames blossomed across her body, an aura of fire wrapped around her entire form until within the inferno, all that could be seen was a silhouette, and the three gleaming lights that were her eyes and heart light. She exploded into movement, the ground scorched with every footprint, and she leapt at Arkius, now revealed from the immense pressure bearing down on him and his storm, and unleashed a furious flurry of blows to his torso, pushing him back with each attack, an unrelenting barrage of pain that she capped off with a flame assisted haymaker to his eyeless face.

But…

As the dust cleared from the assault, Kat found her fist clasped firmly in Arkius' palm, a dense, muddy soil keeping the flames from burning him. Her eyes widened in shock. Protected by the muddy layer he’d surrounded himself in and holding Kat’s fist in a vice grip, Arkius began his counter assault, his fist flying forward into her gut, throat, and face in rapid succession and repetition. Kat avoided or blocked the most dangerous of these as best she could, though the close proximity ensured she did not escape unscathed. When an opening presented itself as Arkius pulled back for another attack, Kat struck, throwing herself forward with a headbutt to the other Toa’s face, and unleashed a blast of fire from her mouth for good measure, only for Arkius to grasp her mouth shut with his free hand and knee her in the gut. Her aura of flame wavered, then disappeared. 

As the fighting continued, the damaged automaton continued its journey. Behind it were several sprockets that had fallen loose from the gap where its rear torso was attached as well as a trail of important-looking liquid that slowly trickled from its chassis. Despite being packed down the earth that made up the floor was easy to stab the Spear into to force it ever closer to its destination. Finally the machine was within reach of the NUVA device.

Retrieving disc 619 from storage.

Jutori watched the two fight, unsure of what he could do, and feeling spent from using his element. He looked to the ally Arkius. “Your other self is wiping the floor with us,” the Ba-Toa said. “We have to do something, have to help out Kat...any ideas? He’s basically you, you should know your own weaknesses.”

The ally Arkius frowned in response, looking briefly at Jutori with a mild glare. “He’s not… I’m... “ His glare faded into a worried expression as he looked at his counterpart laying into Kat. “I would, but he’d know them better than me and account for them... We have to distract him. Do it at a distance if you can. As for me…” Ally Arkius charged in with the enemy Arkius cocking his head slightly, briefly pausing his assault on Kat upon noticing his counterpart’s approach. An earthen pillar shot out of the ground and toward the ally Arkius’ gut, only for him to vault over it as if he’d expected it, ducking away from a chunk of earth thrown his way a moment later. Kat threw one last flame boosted punch with her free hand, nearly knocking Arkius’ mask askew.

He snarled in pain, but that pain brought him from his blind rage. Now he sensed how close Kilo was to the machine.  He could not reach it in time, but he didn’t have to. With a roar, he yelled, “NO!!!” before he forcefully lifted Katrin up and threw her with great force at Kilo, just as the mechanical enforcer was about to insert the disk into the mechanism. The ally Arkius leapt forward, tackled the enemy Arkius, who toppled, already off balance from the throw. He was far from helpless however, and brought both fists down into his counterpart’s back in response in a hammer blow, and although the ally Arkius did not budge from the assault, he did cry out in pain. The larger of the two Onu-Toa stood, the new Arkius trying desperately to keep his darker counterpart from advancing.

Summoning what little elemental strength he had left, Jutori brought down the gravity around the enemy Arkius once more, closing his optics and focusing all he had into pulling the Onu-Toa into the floor. Arkius took a step. Then two. His eyeless face twisted with rage as he struggled to fight gravity's inexorable pull upon him with his own unnatural strength, while the ally Arkius grappled against him to limited avail.

But it was too late.

With a click, that seemed to echo through the chamber, Kilo at last slotted the Onu-Metru Great Disc into the machine, just before Kat could hit the mechanical enforcer.

@Eyru@Tarn@The UltimoScorp@pokemonlover360

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 9

Niidak took it and admired the tool. It was a strange construct, yet she could see that it was well-crafted and versatile. It was probably worth a lot of widgets.

"Thank you. I swear I will return it to you after I've used it," she said as she strapped it onto her back. "On Xia we have a saying: If you strike one deal, then try to strike another. I have stumbled upon various items as I've explored this Mata-Nui-forsaken isle." She grabbed her satchel and opened it, showing what she had found. There was a Kanohi Miru, ingots of protodermis, an empty knowledge crystal and a slightly damaged telescope. "Any of this interest you? It might look like junk, but perhaps some of it may be of use."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Sorry, none of that's really up my alley," she said, glancing at the satchel's contents. "I've already got more gear than hands to use it anyway. I'm not really looking for more right now."

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

IC: Skorm (Kumu Landbridge)

"Ladies, radiation isn't a concern for any of us at this point; Irna, you're hardened against it, and Kei, one of us can absorb it if we need to."

An uncomfortable look came over Skorm's mask, and his head tilted. His Occan glowed, and Skorm separated into two beings: Sko remained seated behind the wheel, but Orm turned and reclined across the front seat of the Muaka across all three in the vehicle. Sko muttered something under his breath as he adjusted his posture and put both hands on the steering wheel.

Orm smiled as he put his hands behind his head in Keitara's lap. "Y'know, I had never given it much thought before we met that overgrown crab, but I can block radiation by putting up a layer of shadow. Safe and cozy, if exhausting." The shadow elemental crossed his legs across Sko's lap, eliciting another grumble.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Conway

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

"I figured," she said with a sigh and closed the bag. "Well, it was worth trying anyways. I hope I'll find someone who wants any of these. Speaking of which, I still need to find the local marketplace. We'll meet again later, Sidra." She bowed slightly as a gesture of farewell and continued to walk down the street.

As she walked, she looked closer at the buildings of the village as she tried to find a market or a tavern. Most of them were hastily-made huts of mud, wood and leaves, which was a miserable sight. The inhabitants of Metru-Koro, who had once lived in great towers of protodermis, now lived like savages. How the mighty had fallen, herself included. At least Xia was still intact, somewhere out there - or so she believed, as the alternative was far too terrible to think about.

She kept wandering the streets, yet there was no sight of a place for drinking and relaxation. The locals were either pragmatic or had reverted to barbarism, clearly.

OOC: open for interaction while she's walking around i guess

• Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sala (Far Shore, Le-Metru Prison Spire)

Approaching the main entrance to the tower, Juno led from behind while Sala walked in front, lumbering forwards in a manner similar to those struck with a Staff of Eraser. The entrance was plain and of solid steel, with no obvious ways of opening it except for a keypad onto one side. Reaching the door, Sala was left to stand and wait as Juno stepped forwards towards the keypad, pressing an illusioned device against it, with him whispering off-handedly to the Su-Matoran.

“Rigged Vahki neuro-core, anything that requires one to gain access will accept this thing as the real deal. I’ll probably have to hand it off to you later, but for now leave most of this to me.”

Sala only nodded in response, the response being unnoticed behind the chassis of Avagah. As the device was waved against the pad, a few moments passed till the door swished open, causing Sala to jump within the ACR, startled. Almost immediately before the two, approaching from the other end of the long metallic corridor that extended before them, were two Vahki, a Keerakh and a Nuurakh, both aware of Sala’s and Juno’s presence and coming straight towards them.

Stepping around and in front of Sala, Juno in his veiled Vahki guise met the two mechanical enforcers as between the three came a continual whirr of information that Sala had no hopes of understanding nor comprehending. The constant noise ran for a solid minute, as Sala sweated within the ACR, fearful that they had already been caught. But something Dume had said back in Koro-Metru, while they were planning, came to his mind.

“One of the most prevalent obstacles you two will face are the Vahki. But, as long as the two of you are smart, they will also be the easiest obstacles to bypass. The Vahki had been the faithful servants of this city, acting as its enforcers for many decades. But they are still fallible in many ways that a normal person wouldn’t be”

“The Vahki are machines of logic and reason, and it is this inherent nature of theirs that is their greatest, exploitable weakness. Though a normal person may see through a Mahiki’s illusions simply through force of will, a Vahki will be all too accepting of what they perceive as real, with them being more than willing to accept any explanation for any logical fallacies to satisfy their own mechanical minds. Remember this, and you two will have full run over the place.”

Silence filled the corridor, as the ‘conversation’ between Juno and the two Vahki reached an abrupt end, with the two mechanical security drones turning and walking back down the hall they came from, Juno quickly shoving Sala along with them. 

Sala wanted to ask Juno what had been said, whether he thought they were caught, that if there was now some sort of hindrance to their plan that they didn’t initially think of...But Sala, out of fear of ruining the plan himself, simply kept quiet and followed Juno’s lead.

Reaching an elevator at the end of the hall, the four beings entered it and stood still as the doors closed before them as they began to descend in oppressive silence. With every second, Sala grew more and more anxious.

“We’re caught already, no way the Vahki were that easy to fool. Was me being startled by the door? Or was it the way I walked? Did Juno say something wrong? Or did they have some means to see through his illusions-”

As Sala’s mind rattled off on all the things that could have given them away and how they were undoubtedly caught, when the Nuurakh turned its head, and then body, towards him as it spoke out in its synthetic voice.

“Citizen. Raise your hands for shackling.”

Sala, being startled out of his mental downward spiral, only uttered a ‘What?’ before he immediately shut his mouth, realization on what he had just done instantly hitting him like a Kanoka disk to the face. For a few frantic moments, Sala tried to think of what he should do, before Juno spoke up.

“Effects of Staff of Eraser either too effective for higher thought, or effects are wearing off faster than originally calculated. Recommend usage of Staff of Command in either case.”

At which point, the other two Vahki looked towards each other, nodded, and then the Nuurakh fired its staff at Sala. Even though the beam made direct contact, the effect of it didn’t reach Sala, as the frame of Avagah absorbed the energy of it. But when the Nuurakh repeated its command, Sala was quick to do as he was told, raising his hands as a pair of manacles were clasped onto the hands of Avagah.

If Sala could, he would’ve seen the widest, cheekiest grin on Juno’s face, though it was thankfully hidden by the Vorzahk illusion of his Mahiki.

With a little ding, the elevator doors opened as the two Vahki stepped out alongside Juno, who commanded Sala to follow along in the same robotic voice. Exiting out of the elevator, Sala and Juno followed alongside the other two Vahki as the four of them traversed the solid, reinforced metallic hallways of the tower. The place was bare and oppressive, the walls not even being painted, leaving the solid sheen of steel to shine as fluorescent lights lined the way.

Passing by standing guards and routine patrols, the two veiled intruders were offered a first hand look of the security within the facility. If things came down to it, the two of them would surely become over ranned far before they could even get a chance at escaping.

Reaching a separate chamber through a side passage, a terminal stood on one side of the room while on the other was a large, currently empty holding cell, a semi-translucent barrier separating the cell from the rest of the room. Approaching the terminal, the Keerahk interfaced with the device, causing the energy barrier to drop as Juno commanded Sala to enter the cell, the barrier once more rising into place. At that, Juno turned towards the other two Vahki, letting out a belch of mechanical noise as he engaged once more in conversation with the two droids. After a brief moment, the three nodded towards each other as the two other Vahki left the room, leaving Juno and Sala alone.

Juno was the first to break the silence with a whistle of surprise, “Can’t believe they bought that. Well, I mean, I can believe it, as it wouldn't be the first time the Vahki fell for something like this. But when they nearly got us in the elevator, I was sure we were done for, hehe.”

“What did you say to them?”

“Oh nothing much, just how I had apprehended you and was taking you in for criminal processing.”

“Really, huh? Well, can you get these off of me?” Sala said as he stuck out his manacled hands, Juno wincing at the sight of it, Yeeeeah...Well...I would, but it's going to look awfully suspicious if you weren’t handcuffed. Sorry pal, but don’t worry, we’ll get them off of you when we need to, ok?”

Sala didn’t like it, the idea of his-, he meant Avagah’s, hands being bound, unable to defend himself properly. It was a recipe for disaster, but hopefully, they shouldn’t end up engaging in combat, especially if the Vahki continue to be so easy to deceive. 

“Ok, well hold tight for a hot sec, I’m going to look through this terminal and then I’ll get you out of there and we can go looking around. Good?”

Juno held up his right hand, raising the illusionary staff held within it, perhaps him making some sort of hand gesture that was lost to Sala. Sala, for his part, sat and waited, as for several minutes, Juno scrolled through the tower's records and internal mapping, hopefully finding the key the two of them were going to need to initiate a jailbreak.

With a triumphant Aha, Juno called out to Sala as he worked to open the cell. “Found it! According to this terminal, there’s a core control station hidden a few floors below us. There is no direct way there other than through a secure passage, buuuut, there is a ventilation shaft that you can take to get down there. Once disabled, the cell blocks should fail and the Toa be freed. From there, it's just a dash towards the evidence hold and then we can get out of here. Come on Sala, let's get this done.”

And with that call to action from Juno, the energy field dropped as Sala rose from the spot on the floor, but before he could take another step, Juno stopped him. “Wait, you can’t take that. I can’t disguise it as a Vahki with my Mahiki and the Vahki will be alarmed if the recent prisoner isn’t in his cell. Besides, once we find the vent, what am I supposed to do with an empty suit?”

Sala was...Hesitant to say the least. All of the strength, all of the power, everything that Sala had, was with Avagah. Without it, he couldn’t defend himself, he couldn’t possibly be able to do anything without it. Sala was about to refuse...When the sensation of his Kraata shifting distracted him. It was an odd movement, but one that was growing evermore familiar the longer Sala stayed in this plane.

The movement, though no real words came with it, left a thought in Sala’s mind. Like that he wasn’t alone, like the Kraata metaphorically had his back. With great trepidation, the chest plate of Avagah rose up as Sala exited the ACR, closing the hatch and leaving the hollow, though still surprisingly realistic, machine behind, a shaky hand caressing the front of it before being pulled away.

“W-Well...Lead the way.”

Exiting the room and continuing forth, Juno led the way through the cold steel hallways of the prison-complex. Though his and Sala’s true visage were hidden within the guise of Vahki, Juno still made sure to be careful with where he went and led Sala, checking every corner and hiding from any passing patrols when encountered.

Reaching a side passage from a T-intersection, Juno did a quick sweep of his surroundings before gesturing Sala to near.

“Okay, this vent here should lead you down towards the core control station. Follow it and disable it however you can, once you do that, try to get back up here so that we can help the other Toa. I’ll go look around some more, got it?”

“Y-Yeah, I got it.” Sala replied. “Good. Now let me get this vent open.”

Reaching down and dropping to one knee, Juno placed his hands along the edges of the ventilation grate as he focused his element. Though the place was nothing but steel, that did not mean Juno was useless element-wise. With a great tug, and several stone pitons jutting from the wall where he materialized them, the grate came off as Sala hurriedly climbed inside, Juno calling out good luck to him as he returned the grate to its original spot.

“Ok now Sala, you just need to follow this vent, find the core controls, turn it off, and then get back...It shouldn’t be that hard...Right?” 

Sala thought to himself as he clambered through the vent shafts, hollow echoes of his movements sounding out through the confined space...Hopefully not alerting any nearby of his presence and intrusion.

~~~

For several long, grueling minutes, Sala crawled along, following the ventilation shaft that he now found himself inside of. Continuing along the path laid out before him, he attempted to keep a straight and simple trajectory, not daring to lose himself in the many twists and turns within the claustrophobic space. But, as he crawled further and further, the more he grew concerned whether he would succeed in his goal.

“What...What if Juno gets caught before I find the core? What if it is too well-guarded for me to turn off? What if...What if...Wha-”

As Sala’s mind once more ran rampant with uncertainty and fear, over the success of the mission, he began to realize he was becoming evermore lost within the shafts. Then, a faint breeze wafted past. Looking down the passage where the breeze had come from, Sala was filled with dread as coming from around a bend came a whirling gale, it howled and shrieked as it launched itself towards Sala.

Sala, quickly turning the other way, half-crawled, half-crouched away from the terrible shades of demented air, moving as fast as he could within the vent he found himself within. But no, it wasn’t a vent, at least not anymore. The vent, as Sala came racing down it, was shifting; the solid metallic surface turning into a fibrous mass of shadowy tendrils, sickly green lights casting the confined space in harsh shadows.

Moving as fast as he could, following down the passage he found himself trapped within, taking whatever side routes he saw fit to go down, Sala attempted as hard as he could to escape the airy stream of death that sought him out. But no matter where he went, the winds followed him; their cries of anguish, of desperation, or fury, growing ever closer. As he fled, panic and fear began to grow within him, the hope that he would be able to return home slowly starting to die.

But, turning around the next bend, a sight caught his eye; a brown and tan figure fleeing just out of sight down another bend just up ahead of him. Having no other real choice than to follow the lead of this mysterious figure, Sala increased his crawling pace, the winds ever hungrily upon his heels. 

Turning down tangled passage upon tangled passage, the figure ahead of him was always just out of reach, with only glimpses being caught. But, whoever this was, was either fast or something else, as more than once did Sala catch them rounding a bend, having covered a seemingly impossible distance before Sala arrived. But in other cases, Sala had also reached bends where it seemed like the figure was waiting for him before moving on.

It was an odd affair, but as Sala continued to follow, the tight tendril-formed tunnels grew wider and larger, with Sala’s crawl turning into a crouch, then a shuffle, then a walk, and then an outright sprint. Now dashing as fast as his legs could carry him, the wind-born shades grew more ravenous in their pursuit. Turning at a bend, Sala did not see his mysterious benefactor, but no matter what, Sala knew he needed to keep running. 

As he ran, the corridor before him terminated into a dead end, but a faint golden glow shimmered on the other side of the black tendrils. With the gale of death streaming behind him, he had no choice but to keep running, he couldn’t stop. So bracing himself, Sala, with one final step, lunged forwards with all his weight as he hit the wall of shadow.

~~~

The vent clattered onto the floor as it was knocked off of its screw. Collapsing onto the floor after it, came Sala, who now laid prone upon the floor. The Vahki, tasked with guarding the core controls, were left with only a second to react to the Su-Matoran’s sudden appearance before they all raised their heads, a faint whisper catching their audio receptors, till a howling gale flooded the room from the vent. 

All around Sala, warded by a field of stasis, shrieks and wails were heard, the Vahki screeching in their mechanical voices as they were swiftly torn asunder, unable to defend against such an ethereal foe. But more than just the Vahki were destroyed, as the walls, consoles, and main core control unit were torn into; as near-invisible claws and hands ripped at the paneling and wiring, the screens shattering from the sound as metal plates from the walls and the remains of the Vahki were thrown about. 

The whole thing felt like it lasted for hours, but only a minute passed till the sound eventually subsided as it died with the wind, Sala at last rising from his spot on the floor, beheld the destruction around him, the only sound now being some sort of alarm, now blaring presumably throughout the whole complex. Lightly stepping towards one of the consoles that would’ve interfaced with the core controls, Sala went to see if it worked. But as it lightly sparked and started to smoke, he figured his job here was done. Now to find Juno.

Before Sala could attempt to backtrack through the vent, the door to the chamber was pried open as a lone Vorzahk stepped in. Momentarily worried he was about to have to fight his way out, the Vorzahk spoke out.

“Karzhani Sala, how did you do all of this?!”

“Actually I-”

“No matter, we don’t have time! All the cells and doors have been unlocked, we need to get to the Toa quickly before the Vahki reclaim control! Come on let’s go!”

Quickly following along, the two left the now destroyed core control chamber, passing through what would’ve been the security that would’ve prevented entrance to the core in the first place, all deactivated, alongside several Vahki who have all been crushed by stone, Juno’s work clearly. The two disguised by Juno’s Mahiki, the pair didn’t even have to worry about the Vahki, as the mechanized security were in a frenzy attempting to reestablish order throughout the entire tower.

At last reaching the initial holding cell they found themselves at, they quickly entered the chamber, Juno keeping watch, while Sala entered the cell where Avagah sat inert. Entering the ACR once more, Sala rose and pulled out the Air Hatchet. Looking towards Juno, who had now dropped his disguise and held two hand axes within his hands, the two shared a nod as they both realized what was to come next.

“Time to save the Toa.”

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru Part Four of Sala's Far Shore Adventure

• Like 1

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Stannis, Knichou

"There are several pieces of technology and science in my airship. You cannot have the vessel itself, mind you, but if there are items inside it that you would find useful in your village you may have them. It is what I have to offer." The Toa of Stone said in his sagely voice, cloak neatly folded.

Hmmm… She had just gotten two boxes of scrap electronics. That would probably be enough for Spark and Circuit to work with for a while. Plus, she didn’t want to rip out the things in this nice Toa’s airship. Not to mention the technology inside was probably in better condition than what she had already gotten, and that meant so had no idea what its worth might be.

The MoC bearer spoke up before she had time to contemplate the offer.

"I'll give you four Rhotuka launchers for your Kanoka, and throw in a free long range radio tower for you village... if you show me where it is."

Four…” She mumbled to herself, thinking. And a radio tower? Radio… Radio… Hadn’t Spark mentioned something about radio once? Maybe Sidra? Huh. Maybe both of them. Viltia absently looked around the valley while she thought.

Was radio the heating up food thing? No…

There was something glowing in between Kini-Nui and Kini-Koro.

Maybe radio was the talking from a distance thing? That… sounded about right. But why would the village need some sort of tower to do that? Why was there so much technology! It hurt her brain. If she needed to communicate, she would just figure out a mask to do it for her, that was far simpler and far more fun.

Oh?” The glow, which was a several minute walk away farther down in the valley, more towards the lake, was a being. “OH?” The being was sitting at a desk, writing something. It reminded her of Sorilax, who they had just been talking about, and how he loved to write everything new down. “OH!” He put something away into something on his back, revealing his long arms. It was Sorilax, it had to be!

Vitlia turned back to Knichou and Stannis, quickly looking between the two. “Uhhhh. Uh.. Here!” Viltia set the crate on the ground, “You can just have this. No need to trade right now.

She swapped out her mask of Flight for her mask of Quick Travel as a smile slowly overtook her face, “I have to go meet someone. I’m sure you understand. It was amazing to meet you both!

With a mental command, she was instantly gone.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @BULiK

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"What a charming girl," he said as he walked into the village proper again to look for Leklo. "She's traumatized, but no more than you, or Kanohi, or Skyra." He paused midstep, rethinking his remark. "Well... maybe not Skyra."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

Parting ways with the Vortixx, Sidra continued on through the village in search of Atamai.

In times past, she would have chided herself for being so trusting and just giving away her equipment without immediate payment or trade. But now, she had the abilities and means to track down and destroy the Vortixx if she tried to cheat her. And if the worst came to pass and the pickaxe was lost, Sidra still had ample weaponry in her arsenal.

More and more she was coming to learn the value of making sure the risks she took were calculated ones. 

OOC: Sidra OFI.

• Like 2

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Viltia

Well, he shouldn’t keep Sidra waiting. It was time to start moving again. He put away his scrolls.

And then a mass of green and silver tackled him to the ground, hugging him. He didn’t even have time to respond or retaliate before the mass spoke in a familiar voice, Sorilax! It is you!

He was suddenly moved by several tendrils that placed both himself and someone, who he realized was Viltia, standing upright. The tendrils actually came from Viltia herself, all silver and glowing. Just what had he missed in the last month? First she was a forger and now she had tendril things growing from her? He opened his mouth to speak and was beat by Viltia’s enthusiasm.

I’m so glad to see you! Everyone in the village will be thrilled! Oh, where’s Sala?” The young Toa did a quick 360 degree turn, “Oh, probably in Kini-Koro. Did you find what you were after?

Sorilax nodded, “Indeed, actually-

Viltia gasped, “Alright! Could you Desecrate me then? I want the Fire Resistance one. Working at the forge can be quite tedious without it. I’m kind of jealous of Beruv.

Sorilax frowned, “I had informed all of you that I wished to change my nature before Desecrating anyone in the village, so that I would not fall into selfishly using you all. You see, it was not long ago that I...” She wasn’t looking at him. Instead she was looking at his hardlight chair and table.

She pointed at them, “Are those yours? Hey! Did you figure out how to change yourself too?” She looked at him with suspicion, “Because you’re glowing, and that sure seems like a nature change to me.

Sorilax frowned, “Changing one’s element is not equivalent to changing one’s nature, but indeed, I have achieved both. It actually came about when I first came to Kini-Nui.” Sorilax paused for just the smallest of moments to gather his thoughts.

Viltia snuck in before he could start another sentence, beaming, “That’s awesome! And also all I need to hear. Follow me.” Viltia grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the jungle.

Sorilax contemplated this turn of events as he let himself be led across the valley, “I very well could be lying about changing my nature in order to Desecrate you and subsequently take advantage of you, have you not thought of that? You should be asking me a series of questions to validify my statements, then observe my behavior for several weeks to ensure the truthfulness of my claims.

Viltia looked back and rolled her optics at him, “Stuff like that is why I believe you.

Sorilax pondered that as she dragged him farther south in the valley, deep into the jungle.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 3

Knichou blinked as Viltia teleported away, picking up the crate of Kanoka soon afterwards.

"Wonderful," Knichou responded. "I guess I'll get these back to the Taku and see if Skyra's blown it up yet."

"Where are you wandering?"

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Well, uh, good luck with that," Knichou said, walking back to the Taku. It seemed as if just when he was getting used to his Kakama, now he had to adjust to not using it by default. The commander took his time on the walk back, thinking over what he had to do to prepare the strike in the rare stretch of peace and quiet.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Iradra - Kini-Koro

Iradra's gaze lingered on the hardlight user for a moment, a thoughtful expression on her face as she regarded him just a few seconds longer. Then, finally, she turned away, shaking her head, and looking back to Vashni. "Nothing relevant to our current task." She simply responded, and the three of them made their way to the Ice Ruins portal.

@Snelly

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

The Turaga's words took a moment to register for him, as his eyes trailed over the toxic lake under the dead god's detached head. The coastline was shrinking? That couldn't be, he didn't see anything different... Though hadn't there been a hill over there in the distance earlier? Okuo shook his head, and as quickly as he'd registered something was wrong, the thought was out of his head, the Toa turning to the Turaga with a kind expression.

"Yeah, Turaga of Earth. I'm sure she'd be happy to see you, she's over yonder, at Ko-Pou." He said, pointing in the direction of the Ruins of Ice. "We'd be happy to give you a lift there after we're done here. If you're hungry, I'll be cooking up some supper and there's always room for one more mouth, though I hope you don't mind the meal being rather basic." Okuo rubbed the back of his neck and gave Kardaka an apologetic smile.

@Harvali@Tarn

• Like 2

IC, Kohara: Far Shore

Kohara stepped through the portal and found herself in the middle of a seemingly infinite staircase. The air was hot and tinged with an ashy smell. Her mask activated, sensing the new environment, providing her with an air filter, a cooling system, and seals to keep her joints free of ash. Kohara turned just in time to see the portal vanish, leaving behind a bare wall. The Toa gently ran her hand over it. Soot covered her fingertips. A volcano, she mused. Could a makoki stone be found here? She turned and looked down the stairs. They wound their way into parts unknown; Kohara couldn’t see where they led. Tightening her grip on her sword, she followed the stairs down…

Some time later, Kohara came upon a large cavern. Lava flowed on the edges. A tunnel could be seen on one end. But in the center was what attracted her attention; eight Toa were surrounded by a multitude of strange Rahi with multiple limbs and two heads, doing their best to fight them off. Kohara rushed down, sword drawn. A blast of laser vision left her eyes, striking one of the Rahi square in the back.

“No, don’t- ah man, now look!” shouted one of the Toa. The Rahi that had been hit by the laser vision suddenly divided. Now in its place were two more Rahi, albeit slightly smaller. Kohara reached the bottom of the staircase, perplexed by the Rahi’s power, yet ready to strike again.

“They divide if they’re hit!” called out another Toa. The Toa sent another of the Rahi flying directly at the two newly-divided creatures, and all three were carried off and fell into a lava pool. “Either trap them or toss them into lava!”

Kohara turned just in time to see a clawed hand coming at her. She raised her shield to counter the attack, then conjured orbs of light in front of the creature’s twin heads. The Rahi hissed as it was blinded. “Someone help me out here?” she asked. One of the Toa, a Toa of Stone, raised a hand, and the Rahi was encased in volcanic rock. The rest of the Rahi were quickly subdued by the other Toa.

With the Rahi dealt with, Kohara took a moment to catch her breath. A Toa of magnetism approached her. “Who are you? Are you here to help us?” he asked her. “Er, yes,” she lied. “I’m Kohara.” “I’m Jovan,” the other Toa replied. “And these are my teammates, Utuki, Vorika, Raaku, Renga. Maiko, Pomahu, and Hirato. We’re the Toa Karo.” Jovan gestured to each Toa as he stated their name. “We were the first ones to get here, but looks like we weren’t the only ones who made this trip.” Kohara wasn’t sure what they were referring to, but she nodded. Pomahu, a Toa of plasma, stepped forward. “I’m sure she had an easy time ‘cause we disabled a lot of the traps already,” he said. Vorika, a Toa of Lightning, chided him, saying “So what? She can help us with whatever’s left.” Pomahu shrugged in response. Jovan moved to the front of the goup. “Let’s keep moving. We should be getting close.”

OOC: Part 1 of Kohara's Far Shore adventure

• Like 4

IC: Vashni - Kini-koro -

Vashni simply nods and follows Iradra, she felt a little curious about the hardlight user herself, but it was of little concern at the moment. They needed to get to the inflicted Matoran and cure them as soon as possible. 

Of course, that didn't mean they couldn't have a conversation as they walked. "So how have you been Iradra? Other than our present circumstances." Iradra was one of her clients so it was natural to ask such a question, though she was asking as a friend this time. 

@Onaku

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Leklo & Stannis | Kini-Koro

Toa Leklo?” Stannis greeted cautiously from the ajar doorway.

The studious former Alpinist looked up from his iStone and let his eyes adjust to the light change. His abode was dark, windowless, and only the only illumination came from the sparse blinking specks of blue from his tablet’s charging stand on the bedside table and the tablet in his hand. He’d been like this for what seemed like days at a time, leaving only long enough to catch up on the happenings around Kini-Nui, snag more protein snacks, and swap downloads of books to his iStone before retreating to his little hovel. He was sociable for Ko-Matoran standards when he was outside, though seemed to prefer the meditative solitude of his own company  quickly enough. 

Yes? Who is?” he said, not quite sure who was standing at the door from the nebulous shadow that was all he saw, but it soon came into focus. “Oh… Stannis. I heard you came into town. Come on in.” He stirred to turn on a lightstone lamp and flipped it to a bright setting for his company before Stannis put his hand up.

A bit dimmer, if you please. I rather like the darkness, myself.” 

Sure,” Leklo said, obliging and changing it to a dull orange that cast a haunting moody glow that scarcely reached the far corners of the house's confines. 

I understand you’ve been mourning for Korruhn,” he plied gently while he slowly moved to the center of the hut and sat on the floor. “I came here to help you.

Leklo’s eyes perked up for a second before settling down in resigned sadness, then flickered to anger stoked by a month of being stonewalled in his personal quest to unravel the mystery of that fateful morning. People, it seemed, did not care for his friend--even Atamai, who was born to toahood with them in Dume's office and was present for Korruhn's inky fate, seemed to have no concerns about the former cartographer, and whenever Leklo had asked others for help in solving the case of Korruhn's death, or to mourn with someone other than himself, the replies were almost always a mixture of confusion or ignorance. People did not harbor any care for the fallen toa or knew of him well enough to miss him, so it had been a long and lonely month for Leklo even though he was surrounded by fellows and allies. “Help with what, Stannis? I don’t have a need for a priest, that time is passed. Kor is gone and I’m trying to  find out why, so unless you can perform wizardry to bring him back I don’t need your consolations or sympathies.” Leklo had become too accustomed to apathy to realize the old man was offering exactly what he was looking for all along: Hope and aid.

The elder sadly admired Leklo's resolve, seeing the flickers of frustration and determination in his eyes. “Gone though he may be, he is not departed,” Stannis said. 

What?

He was very much living when I last saw him, and I can assure you that was after whatever happened on the beaches. But before I say anything further, I implore of you, tell me what events transpired. tell me your story so i may know where to explain what I know in kind.

His spirits momentarily buoyed with optimistic anticipation of some news about his friend, Leklo launched into telling his own version of events. “We went to the Ko-Suva first, then uncovered a deep ruin that had a series of puzzles and a locked door labeled NUVA. We came out, met with Brother Ultan who was sent by Sans to find us, and took speeders to Metru-Koro. It was in flames after an attack so we tried to go to Metru Nui to fight Pridak directly. Would we be successful? Who knows. Turns out you beat everyone to it. Heh.

We found Toa Atamai fighting a hulking titan with an axe near the shore and interceded, the three of us. The titan was thrown into the sea, and then Korruhn fell in, too—I’m not sure why. They both came back out transformed, the titan into a monstrosity and Korruhn, he came out looking darker than before, with eyes on his arm and a sinister look about him. Suddenly there were ghosts, and I had lost my weapons in the fight so I ran. I still don’t know how to use my elemental powers, so I wanted to urge them out by fear alone. I ran from the ghosts, and when I turned around to try and fight them there was a loud noise. It was an explosion of blackness so utterly profound it made the nighttime air look bright as day. When I finally could look around there was no Korruhn, just a dark soot on the ground and daggers of obsidian radiating from the scene of the fight. Atamai had used all six great discs to freeze the titan in time stasis, and then someone, an Aspect of Makuta, arrived and cryptically did… something to the titan. I’m not sure what. Korruhn was gone, though. We think—thought—the soot was all that’s left of him.

And then Ultan and I took one of the discs back to the temple, used it on the door, and I became whatever I am now. I still don’t know how to use my powers, though.

The titan you speak of is named Axonn,” Stannis said. “He was a powerful warrior in the Order of Mata Nui, and an arbiter of Truth. This Aspect of Makuta, what was it like?

Leklo harrumphed at himself, processing the new knowledge given before answering. “It was… big, and lumbering. Slow. No name was given, but it was cryptic as all ####.

It’s name is Tuakana,” Stannis said, a slight worry crossing his face as he considered the ramifications of the old one having Axonn in his possession. 

Cool. So now tell me what you know,” Leklo pressed.

The old wizard bobbed his head from one side to the other for a moment as he gathered his thoughts first, then began telling his part of the story. He started much like he had to Vulimai and the others, narrating things in summary and without too much detail. He mentioned the Archives and running into Korruhn there, and that there was a certain insidious affliction that flowed in his veins and connected him ever more sharply towards the realms of Shadow. “Korruhn said he had gone to somewhere called ‘the Far Shore.’

I know of that place!” Leklo said, excitedly, a fire in his eyes as he connected the first two dots of many. “There’s a portal to it in the temples here. Someone claiming to be Nuju stands at the gate.

Korruhn made mention of Nuju several times,” Stannis added before continuing. He spoke then of their departure from Metru Nui’s shambles, their flight northward whereupon they saw the remains of the ruined beach fortress, and then the sudden and mysterious vanishing of Korruhn. “This, I believe, was at the hand of another certain Aspect of Makuta.

Leklo ventured a guess. “Tuakana?

No, another one, though no less pernicious than the other,” he said with a shake of the head; those two dots would not connect for some time yet and there was no reason to divulge Miserix's identity it Leklo at that point, especially since it seemed nobody there had any idea who she was yet based on indications from Knichou and Atamai. 

Do you know where Korruhn is now, then?” Leklo asked. 

I do not know for certain, brother, but I do have my predictions. Tell me this, though: Is it your wish to find him and save him from terrible fates?

Absolutely,” Leklo confirmed with zeal. “Whatever has befallen him, I cannot think he is beyond hope, and if he is well and truly alive then I will do everything I can to recover him.

That’s what I thought,” the old wizard intoned. “You see, I came here to offer my help in finding our wayward friend. But to do that... I will need your assistance, too.

• Like 6

Location - Jungle south of Kini-Nui

With - Viltia

The large Fikou angrily sat in his hardlight box. He was well weathered, missing several legs. Sorilax could tell the spider wouldn’t last much longer on its own. He had spent several minutes searching for just such a specimen. Yes, Rahi Heartlights were much preferable to sentient ones, but that didn’t mean he had to take needlessly from Life.

Viltia sat on her tethers, waiting expectantly.

Sorilax pondered something, “Viltia, would it be quite alright if I tested out something first? When I changed my nature, so too did my Darkness Kraata variant turn into a Life variant. I very much would like to create one to see what the powers are.

Ooo…” Viltia scratched her mask in thought, “I like the sound of that! I can be Desecrated twice, right?

Sorilax nodded.

Alright then!” She shifted to get even more comfortable.

Sorilax created small hole in the hardlight box to touch the Fikou’s Heartlight, then he touched the back of Viltia’s neck. In his mind, he recited his poem. In reality, shadow and energy slowly drained from the Rahi and was transferred to Viltia.

Goodbye.

Hello.

Step forth into the Light and prepare the gift.

A heart of earth still beating, still lit.

Two daylight creatures cry and shift.

Make them stir inside the pit.

Bind worm and willing host.

Respect the yolk and share its gold.

Recycle knowledge and their ghost.

Pray for sons forever lent.

Hello.

Goodbye.

By the end, a new Kraata was on Viltia’s neck. It was a solid color of burnished gold. The same golden color that Sorilax gently glowed.

Viltia gasped, optics wide. “I… I can sense everything around me.” She looked around in awe. “All the life, anyway. Like, Rahi. Oh, and you.” She looked at him, “And I know that you’re an Aspect. That’s weird to know for certain. I really like this!

Sorilax gazed at the Kraata, his unfinished Taboo swirling in his mind at the sight of it. He reached forward and touched it. Suddenly the things he had been researching clicked in his mind, revealing themselves to him. A new strand formed in his mindscape of the sea of Taboos. A poem filled his head for a moment along with a symbol of an equilateral triangle with a clockwise spiral inside.

Goodbye

My fickle friend

You breathe and laugh and love

You glowing star

You shed your light far above

Hello

Viltia was swinging her arms around, “You know, I feel really healthy right now. I know that’s a weird thing to say. Hmmm…” She looked around, “I want to try something out. I’ll be right back.

Sorilax pulled out his scroll on Aspects, writing down the function of the Taboo, foregoing the writing down of the poem and symbol. All one color, that certainly was new.

Viltia returned with another Fikou in her arms. This one was smaller than the one he had just used as a sacrifice, but it was still large enough to use in Desecrations. Viltia was beaming. Actually, why wasn’t it attacking her?

Viltia plopped the Rahi in Sorilax’s arms, “Guess what. I made that.

Sorilax looked at her, shocked.

Viltia crossed her arms and nodded her head, “Yeah, I know. This Kraata is great!

Sorilax slowly smiled. He felt like he was one tiny step closer to achieving his goal of creating Life, the Aqua Sphere needed his presense.

Using the newly created Fikou, Sorilax Desecrated Viltia again, giving her a Kraata of Fire Resistance. After he did, he applied his newly created Taboo and pried the Life Kraata from her back. Shadow warped around it, forming strands as the Kraata was slowly removed. Thankfully, it worked as intended, with a new Kraata, fully alive, crawling on his arm, and Viltia herself was alive, though pouting at the loss of the Kraata.

Sorilax held up a finger, “Just a moment, I shall give you another one shortly. Now if you will indulge me but for a few minutes.” Sorilax took his Kraata of Life and went searching, Viltia following along behind him.

OOC: Sorilax has finished researching the Taboo of Infectious Kraata Extraction as per GM approval.

• Like 2

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - Pear-Shaped

"That is... very interesting... oh dear." Tekmo staggered backwards a little, and clutched his head. That hadn’t gone well at all.

@Unreliable Narrator@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - That Was Unexpected

"Oh. Hmm. Very well." Waveahk accepted - sort of - Apex’s apology, and let her do her thing.

@Sparticus147@Burnmad

IC: Ostrox (The Far Shore, The Depot) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 8

"Farros." Not-Fera helpfully identified.

"So you finally show your lack of face. Have you mastered your fear at last?" Ostrox said, trying not to think about just how easily Farros almost killed him last time.

"Zek la quor uv dil. Zerrem, ji fel scip vuntu rekro ivu avok vun." Fear is for the weak. Please, try to contain yours while I kill you.

"How dare you defile his place of rest! Poxor was ten times the Toa you ever were! What have you done with him?!"

"Poxor’s shell is of no importance. I suspect the sentimental fool took it with him when he abandoned us. Even here, whispers are heard of the Vatuka, the army of stone. Also, your math is wrong."

"Ostrox, what we need is further down there." Not-Fera pointed towards a small door adjacent to them. "Get to the Armoury. I’ll deal with this."

An interesting situation. Abandon Not-Fera, or exact vengeance on Farros? Really, the answer was obvious. "I think we’ll take him together, thank you very much."

"Ugh, fine. I knew I shouldn’t have used the 'revenge with practical benefits' line..."

"Come. I have enough 'revenge' for everyone." The Adaptive Armour seemed to jerk around, as if Farros was puppeteering it like a marionette rather than wearing it - which, when Ostrox thought about it, probably was what was happening. Suddenly, two sharp blades extended from its wristguards.

"Now, forgive me if I’m wrong, but would spilling blood in these quote 'sacred halls' unquote be somewhat sacrilegious?"

"Yes." Farros made the Armour charge anyway. Shrugging, Ostrox drew his blade, while Not-Fera drew... her fists, apparently.

They were able to get in a few hits here and there, but despite their anti-energy shields being set to magnetism, the Armour’s blades seemed attracted to both Ostrox’s sword and Not-Fera’s metal fists. Farros must have been manipulating the Armour’s magnetism, and not their weapons’.

The Armour eventually struck a nasty blow on Not-Fera’s right arm, opening her up to be bisected. She seemed rather miffed about this, as it summoned forth a torrent of rather unladylike language. Turning its attention back to Ostrox, the right leg moved in a fashion an organic leg could not do, kicking him square in the chin, delivering enough force to knock him backwards to the ground, his sword clattering on the stone floor beside him.

"Fragile. Very fragile." Farros mused, as he turned back to Not-Fera. As she willed her iron body to rejoin itself, her vision returned to her. She saw black blood gushing from Ostrox’s head, as one of the drained Matoran servants appeared out of nowhere, and began silently dragging his unmoving body to the Suva.

"You’ll pay for that. Not much, mind you, but you’ll pay regardless."

"Why do you care for him? He is weak. If the weak do not help the strong prosper, then the only Destiny left to them... is death." Without the shield on Ostrox’s body affecting it, Farros was free to magnetically pull the protosteel sword towards the Armour, becoming its new weapon as the wristguard blades retracted.

"You are powerful Farros. But you’re scum, regardless."

"Am I? Am I really?" The Matoran left Ostrox’s body by the Suva, before heading into the Armoury. He was moving a lot faster than he should be. Not-Fera noticed that the puddle of blood was gone. Farros did not.

"Yeah, you are! I shouldn’t have to explain to you why you’re a piece of garbage. I’m sure the real Fera gave you quite the earful before you killed her."

"I have not the faintest idea what it is you are talking about."

"Kane-Ra manure! You killed her, and then you and the others messed with my head and my body to make me and everyone else think I was her! Couldn’t let the rest of the universe know, could you?!"

"I could not let word spread of your weakness. Just as you cannot accept the necessary sacrifices we made to maintain prosperity for our people, so you persuade yourself you were not responsible for them."

"What the Kra are you on about!?" Ostrox’s body disappeared.

"You, and you alone, were responsible for what transpired on Jester’s Rock. You allowed weakness to enter your heart. I was left with no choice. But you survived. You could still be of use... if your mind was purged of the lie of 'mercy'."

"You... you little-"

"Do not behave as if you are the victim in this scenario. We, your brothers and sisters had to be purged as well, for your sin. Like you, I did not remember this incident until our Ascension. Do you remember any of the prior incidents, I wonder? Or do you believe that I never had attacks of dissent myself?"

Perhaps-Really-Was-Fera’s voice seemed to calm down a bit. Ostrox could only really listen, at this point. "Maybe you did. Maybe. Just let me get what I came here for and I’ll leave here with your little Armour’s backside non-kicked."

"You will take nothing from this place. Except, of course, damage. Prepare yourself-"

The Armoury’s door was suddenly kicked open. Ostrox, very much alive and carrying a weapon he thought to be rather similar to Ehlek’s pulse cannon, walked into the chamber, and fired it at Farros.

"Sink into the abyss. AHAHAHAHAH-"

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Y/N?

"That was ridiculous and appalling." NU-8020S shifted back into bipedal mode. "Regardless, I trust that your support has not been withdrawn due to that abysmal failure of a meeting?"

@Tarn

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay) - Bless You

"Erm, alright. And now we are in the cargo bay. For cargo. Places are named rather appropriately here. Uh... I’d take you to the crew’s quarters, but I’m not sure which one will be yours. Would - would you like to see engineering? The armoury, perhaps? Commander’s quarters?" Navu didn't really know where to continue next.

@Snelly@BULiK

• Like 3

Location - Jungle south of Kini-Nui

With - Viltia

Sorilax and Viltia traversed the jungle, birds calling out their happy tunes and the few predators stalking about at the fringes of their passing. The leaves dripped with water, wetting their bodies as they walked. Viltia noted the humidity was far more sticky feeling than within the swamp. With Viltia and his Kraata of Life’s help, Sorilax created six more Kraata. Five he pried off Viltia’s neck, the sixth he left on. In the end, six Kraata of stage 3 power crawled around inside his backpack, his shadow lizard now nestling amidst his scrolls to get away from their hungry mouths.

Sorilax was proud of how easy it had been to create these Kraata with the Kraata of Life’s help and his newest Taboo. He wished he could feel its power. What was the direct connection to life like? His mind slowly moved on to think of many things, constantly taking notes. The jungle around them and how healthy it was, the immediate signs of life that were everywhere if you looked closely enough, his unexpected connection to the Air Suva, his missing friend Sala, how excited Viltia had been to see him- Wait… the Suva.

He had the Infected Mask Attunement Taboo. He could experience his new Kraata! He scratched his chin, “Viltia, say that I was able to wear a Kanohi mask much like yourself, what power do you think would suit me best?

Viltia tapped her mask, optics looking at nothing as she thought of all the mask powers she had discovered and then subsequently made. It was actually super fun to think about and consider. She mulled over the options, “You’re so slow, so I would say either a mask of Speed or a mask of Fate.

Speed he understood, but Fate? No idea what that was. It was intriguing. He never had to even think about Kanohi before. Now suddenly he had options he had never heard of. His mind accessed the Suva, finding the masks of Speed and Fate, listening to their descriptions. Fate certainly seemed like something he needed. Speed was for someone who already had a quick mind, but Fate would help him react as fast as he could in stressful situations. He wished he had had it in the Far Shore.

Sorilax pulled out his Great Mask of Water Breathing and swapped it for the mask of Fate, the Air Suva accepting the swap and performing the action. His Kraata of Life sensed his intentions and obeyed, climbing up out of the backpack. He let his Kraata touch the mask, applying his specific version of Infection: Illumination.

The mask of Fate transformed, turning from a silver to a transparent pearlescent cream and white that was glowing slightly in the dark of the jungle.

Viltia gasped, “Hey, that’s like the opposite of what I saw in Kini-Koro. Weird.

Sorilax turned, “Can you expound upon that statement?

Viltia stretched, looking like she was getting ready to leave as she swapped her mask of Quick Travel for the mask of Flight, “Some Matoran’s masks were all charred and decrepit. Rusted and stuff. It was kind of spooky, I suppose, but I saw Morangad with a similar mask, so I was already used to it. Anyway, I think I’m ready to talk to the Remaker now, I’ll see you later. Take care of Sala!” Viltia activated her mask and flew away.

Sorilax spent several minutes pondering the information Viltia had given him, not really taking note of her sudden departure. So other Aspects really had gained Taboos in his absence. And perhaps they were tricking the local populace. He needed to talk to whomever was in charge and inform them of the true nature of Aspects and the Taboos they used.

He put the Illuminated mask of Fate on his face, gasping as he felt a power unlike he had ever felt waiting to be used in his mind. So this was what other beings felt. It was weird, like having another Kraata ability, except one he had to focus on. At the same time, he felt the Life around him jump into vivid focus. He knew where and what type was around him in quite a far radius, not just the immediate area. Sorilax felt energized, just like Viltia had displayed when she first got the Kraata of Life’s power. He was ready to get moving, to get to his Grand Wish. Life was waiting for him and he was closer to it than ever before.

Sorilax paused, he felt the want for another element to be selected. Oh, yes, he had forgotten about that in light of the other perks. He pondered his options, settling on Psionics. Sidra had shown him its benefits of being able to relay information far faster than talking. Suddenly the new element took a hold in him, and he knew he could use it, combined with his primary element, whenever he wanted.

With that all squared away, Sorilax had his Life Kraata crawl back inside his backpack and left the jungle, silently moving back to the guards at the bridge to Kini-Nui. He held up a hand in greeting as he approached, “May you kindly direct me to where I might find your leader, or perhaps the leader of Kini-Koro instead? I wish to inform them of the full weight of the Infected masks I hear some among you are wearing. Along with the true nature behind Aspects.

OOC: @Sparticus147

Sorilax now has Stage 3 Kraata of Quick Healing, Life, Dodge, Adaption, Shapeshifting, and Density Control. He has Illuminated (Infected) a Great Mask of Fate with his Life Kraata of Stage 3, choosing Psionics as his secondary element. He got that Great Mask of Fate by using the Air Suva and Swapping it with the Great Mask of Water Breathing he got from the Far Shore.

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Above Kini-Nui

Viltia soared through the air, joy filling her mind. It had been so good to see Sorilax. So good. She was so glad he still lived. She would have been Heartlightbroken if he and Sala had died. And then to hear that he had done both things he set out to do? It was just too much! And now she was just like Beruv, able to withstand heat. And this Kraata of Life! It was just too cool. She felt even closer to Life now. She just wanted to merge with everything! Ah, but not yet. Sidra’s warnings filled her mind. Still, she was so happy right now and ready to take on the volcano and get that Golden Mask.

Looking at the top of Irnakk’s Tooth, Viltia quickly swapped her masks in a well practiced motion and teleported to the top of the volcano.

Suddenly the ground around her was rocky and caked in ash as if it were snow. Black and brooding smoke rose from the massive opening above her. The stench was even worse than the forge back home. Still, the Admin had said she needed to go to the volcano and ask the Remaker what he knew. She didn’t quite like the term “god of nightmares”, but at least it gave her some idea of what she was getting into. No way her life hadn’t already been filled with enough nightmares in the past couple months to keep her company for the rest of her days. She would probably be fine.

Viltia used her tethers to climb up the steep cliff face to the opening of the volcano itself. She peered down, blinking her optics at the smoke. Not due to the heat, just trying to keep her optics clean. She was trying to figure out how far down she could see.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru Can Viltia see the glow of the magma below?

IC: Krrenchk - Skakdi of Stone

Location - Fort Nektann

Krrenchk rubbed and scrubbed, bringing the surface of his Kanohi to a fine shine. It felt good to look good, and with this mask on, he was perfect, even if he couldn’t use it. The Kanohi stared up at him with its empty sockets and as his focus shifted, he realized he could see himself in the reflection. He frowned as he saw his facial scars. His good mood was gone. He fit the mask on his face and threw the rag he had been using at his desk, next to the armor polish, in the small area that was his own private garage. He wasn’t allowed to use the community garage, but that was fine by him. It meant fewer Skakdi that might see his face, or ask about it. Even though that also meant he had basically no space and limited access to tools.

The Skakdi of Stone crossed his arms, his seven fingers drumming on them. What was the point of being with other war Skaks if you never went out and raided anything? He could only spar Drukarus so much before he got sick and tired of losing. He wanted to kill something, grab some loot, maybe even get a Kraata. That Parnassus fellow would probably accept his offer if he ever got his hands on a Heartlight.

He started tapping one of his feet in annoyance. What was Barius even thinking? Krrenchk hadn’t hurt someone seriously in weeks, even emotionally. This was all just too much.

Krrenchk grabbed his protosteel boots and secured them into place on his feet. He made sure he had the Heartlight key to his ACR and put it in his backpack. He then grabbed his backpack and put it on, not caring as it squished his frills slightly.

Then he was walking with purpose through the dungy halls, full of grime and filth. Garbage was strewn everywhere, the stench long ago deadened to him. Areas were semi-clean where Skakdi had been punished and put on cleaning duty, but that never lasted long and those Skakdi never did too good of a job anyway.

He strode through the corridors, metal boots clanging on the ground. Maybe he could convince Barius to attack that desert settlement again. That had been fun, if a little too short for his tastes.

Krrenchk noticed a smudge on his arm and he stopped, wiping it away as best he could before continuing. He kept looking at it as he walked, passing a few Skakdi as they went about their days. He finally couldn’t take it and grabbed a rag from his backpack, wiping clean his arm. There, that was much better. He put away his rag and sped up as he moved along.

He took one corner a little too fast and almost ran into several someones who seemed to have the same idea as him. He looked around at Drukarus, Parnassus, and Detsu. “You fellows here have the same idea as me?” He asked as he adjusted his walking speed to match theirs, “You going to see the boss?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Conway

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro (Outside the Taku)

"Not at all," the Toa of Magnetism replied. The meeting had certainly got out of hand, which is why she had thought it better just to slip away and prepare. "We have our own plan, we just need to figure it out. Good thing for you and Kanohi--Knichou and I aren't taking no as an answer on this one."

@Toru Nui

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)