Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

Vashni looked at the afflicted Matoran for a moment, observing their behavior. Being familiar with Hordika venom and it's effects, she was certain that this was what afflicted them. She knew exactly what she needed to do first. 

With a raise of her hand, she sent a wave of psionic energy towards the group of afflicted Matoran. As it hit them, the Matoran would start to feel more relaxed and calm, hopefully making them docile enough that they could begin the work of curing them all. "They should begin to calm down soon." 

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"Hmmmm let's see..." The Toa of Air stepped over next to Arnex's turret and looked out at the formation of rocks in view. Skyra then pointed suddenly. "You see that rock that kind of looks like it has a head? Aim for that." It kind of reminded her of Stannis a bit.

OOC: @BULiK@Tarn @Toru Nui 

Edited by Snelly
added Skyra
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Iradra - Ko-Pou

"Try to convey to them that we're here to help them." Iradra said, looking over the afflicted with a sympathetic expression as she pulled down her hood to reveal her scarred mask. "Do we know what caused this?" She asked, her gaze moving from the afflicted to the Turaga standing before them.

@Toru Nui@Snelly@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

Vashni did just that, trying to send them the message that they wanted to help, in a way they could understand. "I've seen this kind of affliction before, and as far as I know, only Hordika venom could cause this."

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui, Outside the Earth Portal)

Holding her position, Vulimai stood like a statue, while the other Matoran were slowly growing more anxious and concerned. So anxious in fact, that when Sidra appeared, one of the greener guards lobbed their disk at her, thankfully though they didn't bother to aim and it went wide into the treeline. Shouting a reprimanding bark at the guard, Vulimai turned her attention to the figure before her while the Matoran ran to retrieve his disk.

"Expecting trouble?"

"Maybe, three Toa and a Krahli unit should be exiting from this portal, but I'm not leaving anything to chance." Vulimai said, not even taking her eye off of the portal.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Sparticus147

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"You might as well be, with a defensive force like this," she said, smirking at the Matoran scrambling to retrieve the wayward disk. "Hopefully what's coming through is friendly."

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 1/30/2021 at 3:53 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

Marrow drew upon the power of his kraata, buffeting a short, powerful blast of air towards the four Skakdi. At the same time, he let out a soft, guttural hiss, a signal for Opal and Hakkzan to launch their attack.

The earth and rock in front of where Yumiwak, Zai, Korio, and Ysocla stood splintered apart in a storm of scorching shrapnel, and the already intolerable temperature within the tunnel increased to an excruciating degree, as a roiling geyser of pressurized lava erupted forth from the floor, angled towards the Skakdi, singeing the walls and ceiling as it splashed and sizzled towards them.

IC Yumiwak + Zai | Irnakk's Pit

The respite of reunion was not long enough for us. The time for thinking and planning was passed—suddenly the enemies we faced were real and physical again, and the corners of our grimaces curved upwards in shared insidious anticipation. The nightmares of our minds had been batted away, replaced by foes of our own kind. It filled me with glee and colored my vision with an eagerness for combat such that when the sudden eruption of lava danced murderously like forks of flame in front of me what I saw was a mesmerizing splash of fresh blood across a black satin sheet. 

I stepped away from the brink of being burned as rivulets of superheated stone fell to the ground where I stood an instant before, but the river of lava was not abating and still spurted from the earth. It dawned on me what the Mesi's stratagem was, stymying me with obstructions and traps, and hoping I would either be overwhelmed before reaching the Mesi or be so discouraged that I would retreat. We were, after all, in the Mesi's element—underground—and whoever the band leader was here was clever enough to use the surroundings to choke the tunnel off for me. It was a good plan, but it wouldn't stop me.

"Zai, take my hand," I commanded quickly and did not await her compliance, which was assured. "My power is yours. Sap the heat from the lava and seal the floor! Kor and Ys, move ahead when it's clear and immolate the tunnel with lightningbolts. I'll be right behind you."

The severely attached fire Skakdi took Yumiwak's hand instinctively as soon as she saw it being presented. Obeisance to her captain's orders was so ingrained in her mind it was barely even second nature by that point. She would die for Yumiwak if it was so asked of her, and was all too happy to simply bask in her power by sharing an elemental link. The binding of wills to control their elements had taken an almost ritualistic role in her life, making a rote action between any other two Skakdi into something incredibly intimate and sensual, and she almost begged for Yumiwak's power to course through her like an addiction. Indeed, it was theorized by others who witnessed her attachment to the vagrant princess that Zai had invested all her attachment trauma into Yumiwak's persona and any sort of attention from the vagrant princess gave her a boost of dopamine strong and addicting as Dorian's Powder. 

She took Yumiwak's hand and felt her power double inside her. It grew and then boiled over like a hot pot at its tipping point until her elemental energies suddenly burst forth from her being and she could feel, truly feel, the fire around her. With dutiful compliance she did as Yumiwak said, absorbing the heat from the lava and into herself slowly at first and then faster as her control grew, and the red fire died down to a silver-lustred ropes of igneous rock.

While the floor's hole was not completed sealed yet the flow was abated enough to make it safer than before. 

I mentally sought the warlady out.

(Zataka!)

(I'm not leaving anyone behind. That includes you. Where you at, gurl?)

@Nato the Traveler @Vezok's Friend @pokemonlover360 @Tarn

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

After Sidra had left, Atamai looked around. Stannis had disappeared. That was to be expected of the Wanderer, but Atamai hadn't finished talking to him. He began walking around the village, searching for the old Toa, when a Matoran ran up to him, almost out of breath. "Toa Atamai! Sir! Commander Vulimai needs to speak with you. I need you to come with me." Atamai nodded, letting the Matoran lead the way. As they made their way out of the village, Atamai noticed something in the distance. A new portal, he thought. I guess Jutori and the others must have used one of the disks.

The Matoran led him up to where Vulimai was waiting. Sidra was there, as well as some other guards. "I guess you wanted to see me about that new portal?" he asked.

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Briefly turning her head at Atamai's way, Vulimai spoke up from her spot. "Ah, Atamai, good for you to arrive so quickly. Toa Kat, Arkius, Jutori as well as Krahli Unit Kilo may have reached the Earth Ruins and activated the portal. But, none of them have yet to pass through. In the case that they weren't the ones who opened the portal, we need to seal the portal. I trust you can make something for that?"

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Edited by Sparticus147

16 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

"So no, I do not wish to control Fate, and Whisper does not want to escape death, Oreius... you do. Would you refuse yourself what you so desperately crave?"

IC: Oreius | Kini-Nui

"Yes," the Toa said sullenly. They both knew it was a lie. "There are some things we are not meant to gain. No matter how desperately we want them."

• Like 3

IC Kardaka - the Ruins of Metru-Koro

The Turaga of Stone let out a sigh. Fuel might not be as much of a need as food or water, but to demand money for it, it still reminded her of the sins of old. The greed of the Matoran, squeezing everything they could from the island and other life. Admittedly two Toa had offered her a ride and a meal, but was that just because she was a Toa?

She winced, no, she was a Turaga now, not a Toa. Still, Toa Triage offered to share his fuel, so maybe there was hope. And in the meantime, she could help this Vortixx, she still had some abilities after all, it was her duty to use them to help others, 

Leaning over on the bike she put her left hand to her mask. As a Toa activating her mask power was easy, second nature. But as a Turaga, the concentration she needed felt more strenuous. Maybe one day she would adjust and it would be easier, but for now she needed to work harder for it. She pressed her grey mitt of a hand tightly to the mask, and her eyes began to narrow on focus.

The telescope of the Vortixx lurched slightly, as the glass lens began to bend. As it bent the cracks began to bent and deform, snapping back into position. The curve of the lens shifted back into place, jerking about as the glass fused back into one piece, like it had never been cracked. The telescope also seemed to change color slightly, growing a bit more vibrant in hue, like it was newly painted.

Kardaka toppled over as she finally relaxed her power, barely managing to catch herself on her staff. With a push she used the staff to slid fully back onto the bike. She had been tired from the mental strain, but physical exhaustion. She was no longer a strapping buff Toa of Stone, but she still had strength. She was less coordinated in her new proportions, but she was not weak. She was luckier than many would have been. 

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander @Tarn

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

:I take that as a 'yes' then.:

The warlord did roll her eyes. So much for overcoming tribal instincts and listening to the meaning behind her words.

:It didn’t have to be this way. This was your choice.: she curtly told the Mesi warrior before abruptly cutting off communication with him, just in time for Yumi’s thoughts to reach her. The mental contact was strong, very strong. The Skakdi’s skill with her element, when tapped, was prodigious.

(Zataka!)

(I'm not leaving anyone behind. That includes you. Where you at, gurl?)

:Back on the Panda already, figured I’d take her for a spin since you’re busy.:

:Relax, your highness, I’m right behind you - admiring the view of the tunnel. - You may wish to duck.:

She strode forward as a wave of hot air rolled over her - right towards where the lava glow outlined the silhouettes of her Skakdi companions. She briefly clipped the crossguard of her massive blade to one of the many hooks of her techwear so she had both hands free. Energy began to crackle between her fingers as she raised her arms and took a solid stance. The lava actually came in handy here, as it’s red hot mass obstructed the view of what she was doing - in case any of these Mesi could see at all.

As soon as she was sure none of her allies were in the way, she unleashed a concentrated beam of energy down the length of the tunnel, aiming for her best guess where the defenders were dug in. It blasted through the surging lava, sending some of it spraying backwards and outwards towards the Mesi, while the beam itself scorched the rock it eventually hit, almost returning it to a molten state. The same went for anybody unlucky enough to stand in its path. 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @EmperorWhenua

IC: [Mouth of Irnakks’s Tooth]

Viltia found she couldn’t teleport all that far, only managing to spot a ledge on the far side when a gap appeared in the smoke. The ledge was wide enough to comfortably stand on without too much tether assistance, but it wasn’t nearly as far down into the mouth of the volcano as she’d hoped. But from this new vantage point there seemed to be more such platforms available, barely discernible at irregular intervals through the haze of volcanic gases.

Those gases posed a problem of their own for the Toa: Much like one could sit next to a camp fire quite comfortably, the tunnels the Skakdi used offered a relatively safe approach. Whereas being right above it was where on a campfire one tended to roast things - even just this far into the throat, it was already as hot as standing at her furnace back in Le-Metru Nuva.

And there was a strange feeling in the back of her mind, but at this point so faint that it could easily pass as merely imaginary, or a side effect of the fumes wafting up from below...

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Mouth of Irnakk’s Tooth

Viltia stood on the ledge, slightly disappointed at how short she had traveled. She swapped for her mask of Flight and secured her mask of Quick Travel in her front pouch. She was pretty sure she could feel the beginning of what Nektann had gone through in the tunnels below, though she wasn’t quite sure yet.

She could feel the power of her new Kraata at work, nullifying the heat she assumed was there. She was really glad that her decision of Fire Resistance was already paying off. She couldn’t wait to get back to Le-Metru Nuva and be able to forge in comfort.

Peering over the edge of the small ledge, Viltia coughed. These fumes, though, they were worse than she thought they would be. She closed her optics and opened the mental aperture that allowed her elemental energy to pour forth and become the Green, putting into practice the level of precision she had learned with mask making and translated to her element. She wove a mouth covering of leaves for herself, the leaves themselves some she had discovered in the swamp, where trees had to learn to defend against many toxic things.

Putting it on, breathing was definitely easier, though by no means perfect. She should make this quick. She thought about just jumping down, but why in the name of junipers were there platforms going down? She had to check them out.

Activating her mask of Flight, she flew from platform to platform, descending ever lower. And as she descended, more and more she felt Irnakk’s touch. She kind of wished she had spent time having Sidra teach her how to mentally defend herself. It was a little late for that now. But still, she knew it was coming, so it would be easier to overcome. Hopefully.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

The Collector sighed, and shut the cabinet standing in their hut’s garage. That was right, they had completely dissected the Skakdi tool over a month ago, in an attempt to unlock the power of an element. It had been a dead end, the tools were only a conduit for a Skakdi, not an elemental weapon. And dissected, it could not help Enra either.

They started to stand, only to thump their head on the ceiling. They winced, the building was not exactly built for someone as tall as a Vortixx. Still, the Matoran had built them a home, that was kind, and it was more than they deserved for abandoning Po-Koro. They walked past their old hover bike, now with secondary wheels and adapted for the wastes of Zakaz. It had served them well.

As the Vortixx walked out they could see more guards were at the ready, just in case of danger. That was … shortsighted, they realized now. The guards could not constantly be active, they would suffer exhaustion and nothing else would get done. And the portal would not vanish, it would be permanent. The village would have to develop techniques for the future, to prepare for an invasion without so many guards being ready.

But until Councilor Kanohi and Councilor NU developed a plan, this would be a necessary precaution.

IC Minions AvkaBode, and The Big Bruiser -Tobruk-Koro Mine

There was a thunder of stomps as the Big Bruiser and a few other guards began to gather around the Ruin. Avka had reluctantly left their post around Bode, and now had crept into the Stone Ruins. They stood behind a wall of the ruin, their armor shifted to a sandy tan color to blend in with the walls. They stood at the ready, ready to sound the alarm and begin hurling bolts of light and fire. 

Most guards like the Big Bruiser were outside, gripping their weapons and tools. Some Matoran guards had disks of Weakening, it was a Matoran tool after all. Their positions were not particular organized, the Tobduk Guard was more of a militia of civilians than soldiers. Big Bruiser shuffled awkward as she clutched her pickaxe, her eyes constantly drifting towards the Forge of Vakama, imagining she could faintly gear the sound of hammers reforming Protodermis into shiny, shimmering disks.

Elsewhere, Bode had realized that there no longer was rustling in his field, at least outside of his Mahi. The guard monitoring him was gone. And if he strained his senses he could hear the grumbling and pacing of many guards, complaining about Kini-Koro and some ruins.

Knowing this might be important, the Desecrated De-Matoran reached out to his master. “Master Ulkarr, the guards seem irritated. Is something wrong? Is there something I can do to help you and the village?

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

14 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Oreius | Kini-Nui

"There are some things we are not meant to gain. No matter how desperately we want them."

IC: Whisper - Kini-Nui

"An easy thing to say," she spoke up, "But who are you to dictate what others can and can't have?"

@Eyru @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Triage - Near Ko-Pou

"I'm aware of what's happening with the Matoran," Triage replied. "I just came back from trying to get to the bottom of the whole thing. I would have thought those station at Ko-Pou have been more welcoming, especially to someone who needed something."

After Kardaka had repaired the Vortixx's telescope, Triage put down the kickstand and stepped off the bike. He pulled out a heatstone and set it down on his seat to keep the group warm. "I don't have extra, but we're close enough to the outpost that it shouldn't hurt to take some from our bike."

@Daniel the Finlander@Harvali

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

Korio suddenly felt a burst of wind that he tried steadying himself against, but was pushed over by. Confused, he rose only to see a wave of lava coming towards him and his allies. He raised his hand as if he could do something to stop it, only to see Yumi and Zai work together to stop the flow before it could reach the group, and a beam of energy (Zataka's work? Someone else?) passing through the lava and splattering it towards their enemies just before it turned to rock.

"--Kor and Ys, move ahead when it's clear and immolate the tunnel with lightningbolts. I'll be right behind you."

"C'mon, then," he said to the other Vo-Skakdi once it was safe to move. With no time to feel jealousy at his Ta-Skakdi rival and an almost religious dedication to Yumiwak's orders, Korio growled in delight and started rushing forth, making sure to keep his pace viable for Ysocla to keep up as he moved ahead in the tunnel. He liked Yumi's choice of word: immolate. Sounded nasty.

He wondered what it meant. Maybe he'd look it up when they were done here.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"My once-brother could say the same thing about us," Stannis said to Whisper. He looked at Oreius with a strange far-off look in his eyes, somewhere unknowably between admiration and disheartenment, and considered his statement more carefully. There was fire to his words but they were betrayed by the sullen nature of his tone. The Last Maru was conflicted because what he said was not what he felt, not really, not in his heart of hearts. In his heart of hearts, he didn't want to feel pain anymore. In his heart of hearts, he did not want anyone to experience the loss he did. He was a selfless giver of his attributes but was just as selfish as anyone else in the end. What he said had spirit, but it was all bluster, a lie, and... Oreius was not a good liar. Instead of calling Oreius out on this and shaming him in front of Whisper for giving a hypocritical argument, Stannis chose to redirect the conversation elsewhere. 

"This is neither here nor is it there. Philosophies will differ, but all pathways lead to the same end, and this cycle is nearing its climax, which unless it is derailed or stopped will cause nothing less than an apocalypse to everyone and time, immutable as it is, is not on our side. Do you know of Miserix?" Stannis asked of Whisper.

"That's the Aspect the warskak Nektann has imprisoned, isn't it?" she replied.

"No longer. She roams free, not that she was ever truly imprisoned in the first place. Others still persist, including Mata-Nui and Miserix, and if left unchecked they pose as great threats to you and I as they do to the denizens of this place. You want answers to mysteries; I want the power to give answers; together we can be in more places at once than if we work alone.

"I propose we desecrate each other and combine our powers."

@Eyru @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

"Agreed," she said. One of her limbs reached out to carefully grasp one of the kraata crawling across her form; the Gravity Kraata, the only one of her brood that hadn't been used to desecrate or infect anyone in the village. Sorry little one.

"I'm ready when you are." 

• Like 1

IC: Niidak (Wilderness near Ko-Pou)

Niidak looked at the telescope in her grasp, which was now as good as new. She was mildly impressed by the restoration. Despite being a Turaga, the stranger was still able to channel her mask’s power well. Best of all, she didn’t ask for payment.

”Thank you, Turaga,” she said as she put the telescope back in her satchel. ”You did a good job.” She saw how tired the Turaga was now, having almost fallen over. Somewhere deep inside herself, a feeling of pity arose. Would she really give nothing in return to the weary elder? ”Such a good job, in fact, that I should give you something in return.” She reached out into her satchel again and took out the empty knowledge crystal. ”I found this in the Relic Fields earlier. I’m not sure what to do with it, but it does look pretty. It may be just a useless trinket, but I don’t have much else to give.” Of course, that wasn’t exactly true, but the other items were too valuable to sacrifice. ”Here, you may have it.”

This good deed was half-hearted, wasn’t it?

She then turned to the Toa. ”Oh, well, they weren’t tense just because of the infection. They had also seen a League ship fly near. One of them even suspected that I was a League agent!” she said with a chuckle. ”That’s why I didn’t try asking. Anyways, do you have a canister or something, so I can carry the fuel along?”

OOC: @Tarn @Harvali

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"They all are."

• Like 1

"I made them all before the village relocated," she explained. "Unfortunately the rest are in-use, granting power to the villagers."

• Like 2

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The old wizard thought for an instant on what would be best. There was a single kraata he could call upon immediately by him, but taking Inu from Oreius was an unthinkable thing to do and he quickly banished it from his mind. Instead, Stannis chose to accept the kraata Whisper offered with fullness of intention, placing—ironically—a faith in the means to create a kraata of his own into existence soon enough.

He stood up from the stump he had been seated on and then fell to his knees in a supplicating position in front of Whisper. "Give me your kraata, then, and bind nature's old to my soul, and soon I will heap greater power to you in turn. We shall work together, and hopefully avert apocalypse or perish trying."

• Like 3

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA- Ruins of Earth:

With the good half of Arkius safely secured, the newly created NUVA set about retrieving its scattered equipment from the dirt they had been encased within. The first stop was the area near where the NUVA device had previously protruded from the floor. Several of its discs had fallen onto the floor during the transformation. Searching that area also revealed the great disc of Ga-metru which the evil Arkius had discarded before the fight. There was no sign of the box containing the other great discs nor the Spear of Fusion that the machine had used to make it to the NUVA device. As the others tended to their wounded companion the mechanical enforcer returned to where the back half of its former body had been left. What remained was a mess of twisted metal as well as its twin swords. From the ruined half a torso the reborn robot salvaged bits of solar panel as well as its old tail, the rarest components of its old body. With equipment and salvage retrieved, the machine turned back to its allies.

Ally Kat, please help get Ally Arkius through the portal. Whatever is on the other side will be easier to deal with than the skakdi and Enemy Arkius behind us. Ally Jutori, see if the administrator knows how to close this portal. Enemies may follow after us, which is not ideal. This unit will take the lead.” With instructions given, the machine stepped through the portal.

What greeted the construct was the sight of lovely rolling hills and pleasant weather, a far cry from the dark underground that it had explored for the past month. In front of it stood a wide open temple of some sort, other gates visible in the distance. Off to the side of the ruins was a town of all things, with various races hard at work. In front of it stood a collection of matoran aiming discs at it and a couple other onlookers. The machine took a defensive stance while it took stock of the situation.

Scanning possible combatants. Matches found. Matoran are all citizens of Metru-Koro. Ally Atamai identified. Citizen Vulimai identified.

Terrain is lush with access to water and good defensive foundations.

Conclusion: this village cannot be Metru-Koro.

Greetings Ally Atamai, citizen Vulimai,” the machine said, relaxing its stance. “Please identify this location.”

OOC: @Tarn@The UltimoScorp@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Sparticus147@~Xemnas~

IC Ysocla - Irnakk's Tooth:

With the sudden onset of lava dealt with by Lady Yumiwak and Zai, Ysocla took off after Korio, noting that her compatriot was letting her stay close. It was almost certainly because Lady Yumiwak had ordered both of them forward, but she appreciated the consideration nonetheless. What she did not appreciate was the tactics used by this group of mesi. Hiding behind the cover of fog and walls in order to launch a surprise attack was such a cowardly move. She would just have to show them the errors of their ways. Taking Korio’s hand with her non-cane hand, she let the other vo-skakdi lead her forwards as she gazed deeper down the tunnel with her x-ray vision. With the light from the Nightmare Pits around the corner and the glow of Zataka’s blast, she could identify five Mesi lying in wait.

I’ve got you in my sights.

She gave Korio’s hand a quick squeeze to signal her intent, the two Vo-skakdi’s powers activating and merging together in the form of an orb of electrical energy in their handshake. Thrusting their arms forwards, a brilliant bolt of lightning shot down the tunnel above the mesi’s fortifications. Upon clearing the last barrier, the bolt split into five smaller bolts directed at each of the enemy combatants.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

"Any preference for the power?" She asked. 

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The power didn't matter, only the bond did. They would need to be able to link together in times of need; powers themselves had no significance, and the time for bestowing proper abilities would come later. "None."

• Like 2

Returning her gaze to the portal after her brief distraction with Atamai, a figure could faintly be seen exiting the portal. Gripping harder the launching mechanism of her shield, Vulimai was ready to let cry out a command the second hostility was seen. But what passed through that portal was thankfully not hostility. It was...Kilo? Lowering her shield launcher, she signaled for the other Matoran to do so as well, though inform them to remain and be prepared as she approached the remade machine.

"...Kilo? Apologies for the welcoming party, though I knew you and the other Toa were heading for the ruins, I still couldn't be too careful in the case you all were compromised. This is Kini-Nui, over there is Kini-Koro. So, I'm guessing you were the one who achieved NUVA? And where are Toa Katrin, Arkius, and Jutori?"

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~

Edited by Sparticus147

"Very well," she reached out towards Stannis - or Caedast, rather - and touched the struggling gravity kraata to the other Aspect's arm. She whispered the words of desecration to herself as she invoked the rite, the living kraata letting out a final saddened screech as it perished and was reborn as a kraata of rahi control, grafted and immobile. 

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"You guys gave the power of NUVA to one of the robots that subjugated your people like slaves?" She snickered. "So much for learning from the past."

@Sparticus147 @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The kraata latched onto Stannis' arm, and then writhed under the armor, burrowing itself deeper and under the ancient pauldron as it discovered something wholly unexpected. The old toa's body, while hale from the outside, was rotted and afflicted within the confines of his skin. Where there was supposed to be bone there was emptiness, and he was filled instead with antidermis that coursed through him like blood. There was enough flesh for the appearance of appearing solid and still in its prime, and his body behaved in such a manner to demonstrably still be as strong in institution as before, but underneath that façade was something entirely alien and Aspect-like. When Whisper's kraata finally stopped moving, there was barely even any indication that it was there at all, a stark contrast to Oreius' very pronounced hump. 

He could feel the power synchronize with his own, a creature of anti dermis melding with more of its own. Instinctively he recognized the power he was given—Rahi Control, he mused, would be somewhat useful indeed for the time being. It was a one-sided desecration, and there was a pressure within the prideful wizard to find a kraata with which to even the scales and collar the hovering octopus in turn. But that was not required, not yet, and Whisper had proven herself to be a reliable, if opportunistic ally. 

"Thank you," he said as he got up. 

• Like 4

"You're... different... to anyone I've desecrated before," she observed, watching the kraata settle beneath the not-Toa's armour.

• Like 1

"So it would seem," she said. "I guess it's my turn." 

She felt dread and excitement roil within her in equal measure. She'd given her gifts to so many beings, while those who knew nothing of her power condemned it as a curse. She'd always defended herself and refuted the claims... but without having actually experienced it herself, did she have any right to do so?

She supposed she was about to find out.

@EmperorWhenua

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Marrow (and minions) – Irnakk’s Tooth

Zataka’s energy beam blasted through the dwindling lava plume, boring a blazing breach through the barrier that Marrow and his companions were sheltering behind, searing away several layers of Marrow’s gambeson, blistering his flesh, and blackening the wall behind him. Dwindling flecks of lava pattered in its wake, further stinging the skin of the three Skakdi.

Sensing the two Vo-Skakdi moving forward and beginning to activate their powers, Marrow had time only to groan a quick warning to his companions – “Lightning!” – before the torrent of electricity lashed down the length of the tunnel, flying right over the Mesi’s defences to strike at each of them. At Marrow’s warning, Opal brought her buckler up over her head, the metal shield and its leather strap protecting her from the direct effects of the electricity. Hakkzan attempted something similar with one of his swords, receiving an excruciating burn to his hand for his trouble. Scarrow and Weaver, having thought themselves safely out of the firing line in their position around the corner, both took the full force of their blasts, and were left writhing on the floor.

With no metal on-hand, Marrow himself could do little more than raise his hand and cudgel over his head to take the brunt of the bolt, and let the natural fibres of his gambeson insulate his body as best they could. The weapon splintered to cinders in his grasp, and a paroxysm of pain raged through his arm, his muscles spasming and his singed fingers clenching so tightly his claws cut into his palm.

In the aftermath, it seemed like Zai’s efforts to deprive the lava of heat had been successful. The flow had slowed to a crawl, bubbling and boiling with weak hisses. A murky mist of volcanic gasses drifted in the air, still sputtering forth from the cracked floor, mingling with what remained of the fog Marrow had summoned earlier. Teeth gritted in pain and rage, Marrow seized control of the haze with his kraata power, bending the weather to his will and coalescing the gasses into a dense, caustic cloud of searingly-hot vapour that moved to envelop the two Vo-Skakdi. His intent was on ensuring the cloud followed them if they tried to flee from it; they’d surely find it far harder to focus on using their powers when they were swallowing sulfur and struggling to see or breathe.

Opal and Hakkzan renewed their attack a moment later. Had they been combining their powers to create lava from nothing, the battle would have simply come down to which Skakdi pair had the greater reserves of elemental energy, putting the better-rested Riggers at an advantage. But the Mesi were controlling existing lava, which was far less taxing on their powers, and in the heated heart of an active volcano, with an immeasurable mass of molten magma still bubbling in the bowels of the mountain below, the resources at their disposal were near-limitless… unlike the amount of energy their lone Ta-Skakdi opponent could absorb before having to release it.

With the two Mesi now actively focusing their energies into the lava to negate any future efforts to deprive it of heat, the molten liquid exploded upwards through the floor in a blistering torrent. This time, the lava rose and expanded into a wall that completely filled out the tunnel, before rushing towards the attackers in a single scorching mass that grew ever greater as more and more lava flowed up from the floor. This time, the Mesi weren’t going to let up. 

OOC: Like fog, volcanic gases usually contain a high percentage of water vapour, and naturally form into mist/clouds when released. Given that a weather control kraata can create fog, control wind, and manipulate existing weather, redirecting a cloud of volcanic gas seems well within its capabilities. I’m happy to discuss and edit if necessary if there’s disagreement on this.

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC Katrin Nuva - Earth Ruins > Kini-Koro:

"Sure hope there's someone to help on the other side!" Kat said brightly as she hefted Arkius up and onto her very shiny shoulders. Her aura of fire dissipated, though she still seemed to be brightly lit, somehow. She spared a glance and a grin to Jutori before stepping through, "Don't take too long, okay?" And then she was gone.

And then she arrived.

Kat stepped out of the portal, blinking in the sudden sunlight, but the warmth of the day's sun was absolutely invigorating. Light danced off of her new armor, and she looked around at the assembled group, and took note that most of them were actively armed.

"Uh...hello! Could we get some help with our friend here? He took kind of a beatin' on the other side!"

A sudden weariness took the Toa Nuva of Fire, and she stumbled slightly, with a frown.

"I dunno if I'm doin' so hot, either, come to think of it."

• Like 1

"You guys gave the power of NUVA to one of the robots that subjugated your people like slaves? So much for learning from the past."

Vulimai was quick to reply to Sidra, an edge to her tone at the insult towards Kilo. "Dume, Dume subjugated the Matoran like slaves. The Krahli and later the Vahki were only his tools."

As she finished her response towards Sidra, and before Kilo could respond to her question, it seemed the Commander's question was answered by the arrival of a Toa of Fire and a Toa of Earth, the latter missing their mask. Instantly seeing the two injured figures, one of them being maskless, a death sentence to a Matoran or an injured Toa, Vulimai quickly turned and barked an order to one of the guards.

"You there! Run up towards Kini-Koro and retrieve Toa Iradra. Now!"Commander, Toa Iradra is currently at Ko-Pou." "Well then, that makes things easier."

Reaching her hand up, she contacted Ko-Pou once more, commanding whoever was on the other side to immediate retrieve Toa Iradra and grab one of the spare Kanohi masks from the outpost's stores. Relaying her orders, she looked over towards the two Toa and Kilo, as she spoke to them once more, urgency in her voice.

"What happened?"

OOC: @Onaku @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~

Edited by Sparticus147