Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

"Maybe we crossed paths, then!" Rose said gleefully, backing away from the nervous Onu-Matoran. "Always nice to catch up with others who did their part. I don't...get to see a lot of people from back then. I think a lot of them died, probably during the invasion or when the big head crashed..." Her face fell. Besides the doctor Arnex had mentioned, it almost felt like her and Skyra were the only ones left from the Metruan army. But that couldn't be, right?

"...but that's war! Anyways."

Rose scratched the side of her Hau. "Can I grab a snack? I'm famished."

@BULiK

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Two - Rahkshi of Fragmentation and Life

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Sorilax, Knichou, Sidra, Vulimai, Ostrox, Atamai, Kilo, Skyra, One, (Others, probably)

As Knichou took his foot away, Two immediately backed down, his staff down at his side and his body loose as he took a step back. The tensed body of a combat machine disengaged and powered down in a sense. Father should be on his way and… what was the Toa doing?

He had formed a metal club, completely the opposite of Two, all unrefined and unbalanced. The Toa then… hit himself with it repeatedly. Oh, wait, that was a display of taunting, Two recognized it a few seconds late.

The Toa took a step back in a pose that didn’t exactly strike him as being a threat to father, and then the Toa threw the metal club. Two had no idea where it went, as he watched Knichou the entire time. What was this Toa trying to accomplish? Was it some Toa pastime?

Through his Life Kraata’s sensing, he felt One disappear again. A couple seconds later, he felt his brother appear once more. One’s ocean blue and seaweed green form stepped forward towards Knichou and offered the Toa back his metal club.

Completely silent in his movements, Sorilax was on his feet, looking at the situation, “How nice to see you all getting along so quickly.

OOC: Okay, for the sake of keeping Knichou moving along and not holding up everyone connected to him, I'm calling upon time shenanigans. Sorilax has jumped to his future to talk with Knichou and now Sorilax inspecting the Ice Suva will take place in the past and I'll try to finish that up ASAP without going on any side quests.

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Knichou, Sidra, Vulimai, Ostrox, Atamai, Kilo, Skyra, One, Two, (Others, probably)

Side mission partially accomplished, Sorilax stood back in Kini-Nui’s valley, his form gently glowing a golden light in the lowering sun. The longbow on his shoulder softly gave off a frozen mist that fell towards the ground, dissipating before it could even reach that far. He adjusted Vhisola’s flower crown after laying down.

You wished to speak to me further, Knichou?

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

Huh, he doesn't seem to get it, but at least it didn't - wait, where did the blue one go?

A few moments later the other rahkshi appeared, carrying the club. Knichou slowly took it from the creature's hands and absorbed the iron to make the tool vanish.

"Good... lizard?" Knichou both stated and asked. His gambit had paid off. Not that he was surprised or anything but... it could have easily gone wrong. At the very least, throwing heavy objects was the perfect stress reliever after having to deal with Sidra's stubborn foolishness again, an experience Knichou never wished for after their first encounter together back in Metru-Nui.

Maybe these creatures weren't that bad after all - Knichou's guess that they had the intelligence of a hapaka appeared correct. Just a taller, slimier, uglier, and probably deadlier hapaka.

Knichou wanted to ensure the beasts would hold him in their favor in the future, especially given the brown one didn't quite understand what was going on and was rather overprotective of it's father figure. The engineer reached a hand out in front of him, palm upwards. A light rubber ball shimmered into existence, falling into his grasp. The Nynran squeezed it a few times, demonstrating the playful squeak that the toy could produce, before tossing it in an underhanded manner towards the blue rahkshi.

"Good lizard," he affirmed with a nod at Blue before turning to the now 'awake' Sorilax. "Yeah, you said some things earlier and I... have some questions."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox

"May I ask where, exactly, you came across this artifact?"

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Where do you think?" She replied, turning the sphere over in her hand. "When we burned the Grand Untethered to ash, this was all that remained at the bottom of the crater."

@Toru Nui @Sparticus147

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Knichou, Sidra, Vulimai, Ostrox, Atamai, Kilo, Skyra, One, Two, (Others, probably)

One deftly snatched the ball from the air with its free hand. The green and blue Rahkshi inspected it, squeezing it a few times and enjoying the activity. Did… this one called Knichou want to play fetch? He hissed happily at the thought of playing a game. He held up the ball to Knichou and squeezed it, then wound up and chucked the ball into the distance. He moved his hands in a motion that indicated Knichou should go retrieve it.

Sorilax nodded to Knichou, “Well I am here to answer, so long as Sidra remains busy. She said she would help me out. Something about Teleportation, except she can transport myself as well.

He waved a hand, “Regardless, what are your questions?

• Like 5

"Well, uh," Knichou replied as his head tracked the ball that soared through the air. He raised his left hand, looked Skyra in the eyes with a sly grin, and pointed to the ball with a flourish.

She could keep this lizard busy.

Lowering his hands to his hips in a relaxed yet authoritative pose, Knichou continued. He didn't like the sound of Sorilax working with Sidra. Maybe he'd learn more about what the dark hunter was up to? Eh, why should he care, let her play with her toys in the splash zone, Knichou had real business to deal with, about the security of everyone, not some wild gukko chase.

"First of all, what are these things? You said something about a Rahkshi taboo or something?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Skyra looked towards where Knichou pointed, eyeing the ball as it flew through the air. It would have been silly for anyone there to wonder whether or not she’d go after it, because she was already flying towards it, catching it in a flash. 

“Alright, let’s see how fast these lizards can GO!” Skyra flew a bit higher in the air before chucking the rubber ball like a pitcher, even using a bit of her element to sent it all the faster. “GO GET IT!” 

OOC: @BULiK @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

Ah, yes, you see, Rahkshi…” Sorilax trailed off, mentally going through what he had told Knichou earlier. “Taboos are…” He thought of everything he couldn’t say with Aspects around. “I suppose I should start from the beginning.

I am Sorilax Life Seeker, Aspect of Light and Silence. Due to the inherent nature of beings not being under their control, such as Skakdi as a whole being savage and warmongers, or such as Aspects being selfish and manipulative as a baseline, my Grand Wish is to integrate myself into the concept of Life itself so that I may create all future Life on even footing. Each Aspect has a Grand Wish and if completed, they can warp the very fabric of the universe itself. Grand Wishes...

Sorilax got distracted by the sun as it dipped close to the western mountain that hemmed in the valley. Had that much time already passed? A hardlight hand pulled out a scroll. “Actually, do you have time for a thorough inspection of this scroll? In it I have written down the fundamental nature of and description of Aspects, Taboos, Kraata variations, and my personal changes after my third Grand Wish step, along with other material in relation to such topics.

One happily watched as Skyra rushed to retrieve the ball. He attached his staff magnetically to his back and got ready to have some fun. Skyra sent the ball ripping through the air, the air itself being used in its propulsion as it sped along. One tensed up, calculating the best he could the ball’s direction and travel speed. Then suddenly he was gone, now in front of the ball’s path. He leapt into the air and snatched it from the sky. It satisfyingly squeaked as he caught it and he hissed in joy.

This was great.

Seeing as Skyra could fly, One wound up and threw the ball with a bit of a spin up into the sky.

OOC: @BULiK @Snelly

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 7

Knichou blinked. Life Seeker. Light and Silence. He listened as Sorilax revealed his grand wish. Becoming life itself... that's... a bold move. His eyes darted towards the scroll. That almost certainly had so many answers for the Toa, but he had more personal questions he had yet to ask.

"Yeah, Stannis told me about Grand Wishes... but I'd still love to see that scroll of yours," Knichou responded. He glanced behind him to see Ostrox, Vulimai, and Sidra still conversing. There we too many people around. "Could we, uh, take this conversation to my airship so we could speak somewhere more private? If you just need Sidra to teleport you somewhere, maybe I can fly you there later instead as payment? She's going on this, uh, thing, tomorrow, I don't know what you two had planned or if that conflicts with her new mission. Point is, I need to head back to town soon and it'd be great if we could talk in my office."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

Sorilax put the scroll back in his backpack for momentary safekeeping, “But of course, old chap. Do lead on, my good fellow. I can always walk to my destination if need be. I have spent thousands of years traversing this island during my studies. A few more days of it shall be to my liking, not my detriment.

• Like 4

"Great, let's walk and talk," Knichou replied, beginning to stroll back towards the Taku. He used his iron powers to fold up the metal supports of the lawn chair. No sense leaving it here. He telekinetically flew the lawn chair under his left arm, similarly pulling the two cylinders of zamor spheres into his nanite backpack, making it grow in volume substantially. "Are your, uh, Rahkshi going to be coming with us? What are they anyhow?"

• Like 3

Location - Near Earth Portal

With - Knichou, Two, (maybe Three depending on how the Ice Suva goes)

Sorilax fell in step slightly behind Knichou, seeing as he wasn’t sure where they were going and so needed the Toa to lead the way. His creations followed along behind. “Would it be quite alright if they came along, or would you prefer they stay behind?

As for what they are, I suppose a quick delve into the topic would not hinder your further study of my scroll once we arrive at our destination. Rahkshi are just hunks of armor infused with a small bit of the creating Aspects essence. If an Aspect is able to make unbound Kraata, then they can place the Kraata inside the armor and it pilots the armor, much like how I as a gaseous entity pilot this body instead of truly inhabiting it like you do with your own body.

All of his movements lacked sound, even when stepping on and breaking branches. Only his voice gave indication of his presence audibly.

I must caution you, however. With my change in my nature as an Aspect, that changed the nature of my Rahkshi as well. If you ever see one that is not mine, beware. Rahkshi are essentially bipedal terrors that seek to enact the will of their creator Aspect. They are fiercely territorial and violently attack anything they consider to have crossed into the bounds of their realm. Not to mention that Rahkshi are resistant to general physical harm, due to the shadows that cling to their forms acting as a form of energetic buffer.

They are able to see through most sensory illusions. And, not mine, but all other Rahkshi’s faces may split open to reveal the Kraata pilot within, allowing the Kraata to Infect a downed foe. Infection being what the Aspect Whisper has done to the masks of  Matoran in Kini-Koro. The Kraata themselves are worms that hunger constantly while in their armor, demanding their Rahkshi armor to constantly hunt for prey to eat or Infect.

And they are quite powerful. Their Kraata powers are at Stage 4. They are forces of destruction. Though should you ever acquire one of their staffs, you can focus upon it to activate its power for thyself.

Oops. He had gone and said most of the information about Rahkshi anyway.

There are a couple other tidbits to mention about them, but like I said, you can study and retain that knowledge much faster and easier by studying my scroll.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Forgot to specify which Rahkshi were with Sorilax in his header.
  • Like 3

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Lower Deck

Rose seemed to want to avoid wondering about the war, skimming past any details. Her musing aloud about who was left was certainly depressing enough, a feeling anyone who was still alive undoubtedly felt. Luckily the Toa changed the topic for Arnex.

"There should be some food upstairs in the common area."

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku

Knichou continued walking back to the Taku, impressed by the Aspect's silence. Well, his voice wasn't silent, but the rest was almost spookily quiet. The Taku wasn't far off, and surely Skyra would know where to find them.

The Fe-Toa soaked in these revelations. So according to this Aspect, his Rahkshi were the only good lizards around. He'd have to verify it, but the Nynran could believe it, those didn't look like the best pets, even if they certainly acted cuddly. As cuddly as a slug in a robot could act, that is.

Soon the pair, followed closely by Sorilax's children, were standing in front of the Taku's open entrance ramp.

"Welcome aboard," Knichou told Sorilax as he walked up the incline. He saw Arnex speaking to a Toa of fire.

"Who's this?"

• Like 5

IC: Sanso and KantaiKini-Koro - Giant Friendly Crab

Sanso thought for a moment.

"It is my, well, profession, in a manner of speaking, to travel the world and learn about its cultures. It's just what my organisation does- did." 

Sanso stopped and looked around at the valley, so peaceful and yet positively riddled with hidden danger.

"I know it seems quite absurd to retain such an outlook in the world we find ourselves in. But, hey, we all have ways of coping. Mine is to continue my task," he shrugged.

Kantai was deep in thought.

"For myself, I think I've come to call this place home for a while."

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Skyra flew after the ball yet again, catching it with ease. Though it seemed the game was over, as the Rahkshi started following their creator towards the Taku with Knichou. 

"I guess the game's over then." She wasn't disappointed. Nope nope. She flew down to follow them.

OOC: @BULiK @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

"Great, I'll--"

Rose turned to see a Toa of Iron in an intricate mask and someone walking alongside him who sure didn't look like a Toa (but looked pretty familiar) come on board. Some strange creatures followed them, but Rose assumed they were just pets. This must have been the bossman, she thought, going up to the first one.

Immediately she took Knichou's hand in her frighteningly tight, probably-strangled-someone-to-death-before grip and shook it. "Name's Rose, sir. Former soldier of the Metru Nui military, wife to Skyra Daring, and looking to help out on this fine bird," the much taller Toa of Fire said, looking down on him. She pointed a thumb over her shoulder. "I was just being shown around by...by..."

"What's your name, ma'am?" she asked Arnex.

@BULiK@Kal the Guardian

• Like 4

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Location - the Taku, near the Earth Portal

With - Knichou, Rose, Arnex, Skyra, Two, (maybe Three depending on how the Ice Suva goes)

Sorilax was impressed with the inside of the metal structure as he noiselessly walked up the extended ramp into the bowels of the Taku. It reminded him of Cravious’ Cube, except nowhere near as sturdy looking. Although it was far cleaner.

He moved his creations, hardlight and Rahkshi, to a spot where they would not be in anyone’s way. His Life sense noted no Aspects, which was good. He would still have to keep a lookout for Infected masks, however.

The Aspect of Life patiently waited for Knichou to finish his interaction with this tall Rose being.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Snelly

IC: One - Rahkshi of Teleportation and Quick Healing

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Sidra, Vulimai, Ostrox, Atamai, Kilo, (Others, probably)

The green being caught the ball easily. He would have to try to make it more difficult on his next throw. One eagerly prepared himself for the return, then hissed sadly as Skyra flew away. Should he have tried to throw it straight at her instead of trying to make it more of a game of skill?

He stood there for a few moments, wallowing in grief. The sadness quickly abated as he pondered his next course of action. Father had told him to return to Kini-Nui, and he had. Two was currently protecting father, so he didn’t need to figure out where father had gone just yet. So that left his secondary objective, protecting others.

One walked close-ish to the group still around the bunker and sat down, watching the sunlight as it played across the rim of the snow capped mountains around them to the west. He made sure to keep the gathered group in his peripheral should they need to be protected.

• Like 4

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku

"Arnex," the Onu-Matoran replied while she watched the commander's optics widen as the Fe-Toa felt the immense pressure of her iron grip. So this is that wife Skyra was talking about, he thought in between the instinctual thoughts ranging from my hand to MY HANDEven with the Fe-Toa's increased endurance, Rose's grip strength was clearly a force to be reckoned with. Once the handshake was finished, the commander shook his right hand back and forth to help get his fluids moving so he could fully feel it again, speaking to Rose while doing so.

"Well, I'm Knichou, the commander of this vessel, nice to meet you. I've been saying we needed more muscle on the Taku, and between the you and your wife, I'd say mission accomplished. Welcome aboard, Rose."

Pointing to the Aspect with his left hand, Knichou introduced the latest passenger, who he followed inside of the airship.

"This is Sorilax, here on business. Plus his, uh, pet Rahkshi. We'll be going to my office upstairs. Arnex can give you a tour if you need it, otherwise there should still be a free room in the crew quarters for you. I honestly don't know if Skyra set up her room yet."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

"Already had the tour, even got to see one of the guns up close," Rose replied. "Real close. Thanks for taking me on, and thanks for showing me around, Arnex." She glanced back to the Onu-Matoran and nodded, seeming proud of herself for learning her name.

She looked over to the other being that had boarded, the odd-looking one. "Sori...lax?" Rose echoed out loud, before suddenly pointing at the Aspect. "Hey, wait! I know you. Weird guy from the swamp. We all got real sick and you were the one who fixed us up, like some kinda guardian angel. You deserve a medal or something."

@BULiK@Kal the Guardian

• Like 5

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

With - Knichou, Rose, Arnex, Skyra, Two, (maybe Three depending on how the Ice Suva goes)

A hardlight hand tapped his Calix’s chin as he thought back. It held up a finger of success as he said, “Ah, yes, outside of Metru-Koro. It is quite good to see that my healing Rhotuka fixed you and your friends all up adequately. Unfortunately, I do not have access to being able to heal others at the moment, as I currently have no Rhotuka Launcher of my own.

Sorilax laughed, Torch had said medals were something given out to brave soldiers in the war with the league, “But a medal, no, no, I was just helping out those in need. I have no want of any recognition for the act. I just hope you, and the others, live your lives protecting those around you.

He nodded farewell, “It did my soul good to see you well. Now if you will excuse me, I must talk further with Knichou.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Snelly

• Like 4

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Water

Drokk stepped up onto the second floor of the abandoned watchtower. The parapets were half-fallen down, and the floor underfoot was sun-bleached and sandy. If she looked out to the northwest, she could just make out the mask of water breathing carved into the cliffside, the falling water glimmering in the afternoon light.

If she looked southwest, she could see the place where the Riggers' home base had once stood. Now it was little more than a heap of driftwood; the aftermath of Nektann's passage.

IC: Administrator | Ruins of Air

"My protocols are interested exclusively in the protection and maintenance of these temples," the Administrator replied crisply. "I cannot control what happens outside, though Builders know I've tried. Of course, I don't want any heretic to possess more power, but I cannot stop it from happening. Nor can I barter with the god of nightmares on your behalf. What I can do is learn their rites, the better to defend myself against them should any come knocking."

The temple was silent for a moment. A lizard skittered across the floor and gobbled up a bug. The Administrator had no clear idea of how to achieve the learning of taboos, for it was a dark art of the heretics and, naturally, unknown. Its first hint had proven unhelpful. But it scanned its databanks and came up with another idea:

"If the remaker drives too high a price, then perhaps you will find more luck in the southern isles. It was there the Builders hid the darkest and most perilous magics, the better to isolate them and keep them from contaminating the rest of the world. I have never visited myself, so I can make no promises as to what you will find there. But if you are absolutely out of ideas, then perhaps it's worth a shot."

IC: Tuyet | The Coliseum

Tuyet walked the halls of the Coliseum like she knew them by heart. She didn't wait for Exuze; either she was confident he could keep up, or she didn't really care if she left him behind.

IC: Tuakana | The Great Telescope

I seek many things, the titanic aspect replied. The disks you spoke of. And a new form. To wield greater power.

They were silent for a moment. They gathered their thoughts. Then they gestured to their body.

This mind cannot wield the power necessary. It is not strong enough.

IC: Oreius | The Ambling Alp

Oreius glowered at the Aspect. He knew very well he was helpless to thwart Stannis's will. Had they really been brothers once? Now he was nothing but a slave.

• Like 3

IC Drokk - Tower of the Water Suva:

Nothin up here, and no one to come down and disturb her. the view was grand, but Drokk could not appreciate it with her mind elsewhere. The great carving elicited a grimace. her people and the matoran tribes had rarely interacted, her own people out of lack of need or disdain, and the matoran for reasons Drokk could not begin to guess at.

Either way it made no difference. The Rigger's outpost being gone was news, however. They had been a powerful tribe.

With a sigh, and no small amount of creaking of both stairs and her own joints, Drokk made her way back down to the ground floor, and then down to the lower level of the tower.

@Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp)

"Well, I have the feeling that I already know this Taboo, I simply just don't remember it. But, when I looked upon the mural at the Suva, it seemed to cause the shroud over my mind to lift, but only partially." Apex explained as she hung in the crook of a tree, her neck extending upwards to look at a small nest of Fikou Spiders whom she was in the process of infecting. "But, the Rahkshi had to have been used prominently by my kindred, otherwise why would there have been that mural. Remains of these ancient warriors must exist somewhere across the Island, whether back in Kumu or within the swamp here. Maybe the remains of one could elucidate more knowledge, enough to breach the shroud in my mind to remember the rite."

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Taking note of Ostrox' reaction and the odd sphere within Sidra's hand, Vulimai's optics widened. "Wait a minute, is that what I think it is Ostrox? If Pridak was intending to use it to kill Mata-Nui, then maybe we could do the same. But...who would know how to use it?" She asked those present, pondering what Ostrox had told her about his encounter in the Codrex earlier.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Vulimai
  • Like 3

IC: Keitara (montage time)

Kei stopped for a moment, hand resting against her cheek where Irna had kissed her. Then, warmth spreading through her like wildfire, the Av-Toa slung herself out of the Muaka and began her work.

Allowing her intuition to take the wheel, the alleged ex-Ghost shifted the chassis' hard-mounts to the suspension, adjusted the craft's legs to move more easily across swampy terrain, and finally pulled a block of slick plastic from a pocket sewn into her cloak. Using infra-red light to heat the block, Kei made several impromptu gaskets around pistons and camshafts in hopes that intruding water would be deterred. Crossing her fingers, and squinting slightly in the fading daylight, she hauled herself once more, grease-stained and utterly contented, prepared to haul herself up into the Muaka's cabin.

Her audio receptors picked up incoming voices. Grabbing her lance and shield from where she'd left them propped by the door, she dropped as silently as her frame allowed into the swamp water. 

Conjuring a globe of pale luminescence, she cast it upward and turned to face in the direction of the sound. 

Her eyebrows shot up, and she exclaimed "Irna! Welcome back." She waved to Tekmo, smiling.

Wading as quickly as possible, she stowed her weapons across her back and made her way to the pair. "How was the journey? Are you both okay? Sorry for the light, I felt it was better than fighting with my vision impaired. Don't worry, it's harmless. I've been practicing."

(OOC: @Keeper of Kraata
 @Conway
. Please let me know if I got anything incorrect or glossed over anything, I haven't been able to catch up yet but didn't want  to leave you hanging...)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
Updated to fix plot inconsistency. Namely: Irna's arrival.
  • Like 5

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Air Ruins

With - Administrator

Yes! Okay, yes, thank you! Thank you so much. I’ll do my best.” Viltia scrambled for the exit, her tethers squirming in excitement, “I’ll be back in a jiffy. Thank you so very much, Admin!

Viltia excited the Air Ruins, feeling the swamp’s flora jump into her mind as she let herself Observe her surroundings. It was weird. With her new Kraata, she felt and knew the species of all the Rahi around her. There were thousands of bugs crawling and squirming in every direction. Yet she wasn’t overwhelmed. Instead, she felt in tune with Life, more of a part of its flow, just like with her element. It was very calming.

The roars and cries of pain were a gentle background to her now. The humid and often acidic air was soothing as it washed over her. Even the putrid smell of a nearby rotting giant mushroom was familiar to her and gave her a sense of home. In just a few short months, the most dangerous place she had ever lived had become her favorite place to be.

The Kumu Islets, now the Kumu Peninsula, sat on the south, now attached to her home. Err… to the swamp, which held her home. Although, yeah, the Fau Swamp felt like home more than ever, even with the defiled energized protodermis everywhere. At least she could cleanse that with the help of a ton of Great Kanohi of Removes Poison. And the mutagen? After the Vuata Maca Tree, that felt curable. It was on her list of things to do, and she would get to it eventually.

But the Kumu Peninsula, Sorilax had warned about the dangers there. She would need to be careful, perhaps even prepare herself for worse dangers than the swamp itself. She pulled out her mask of Rahi Control and considered swapping it for her mask of Truth. She stared at its contours and silver sheen. The empty optics holes stared up at her, making her think of Serene. She put it away. She couldn’t do it. That was her original mask, she couldn’t risk losing it to someone else in the Air Suva.

The Nui-Rama hive above her furiously buzzed with activity. It gave her a different idea of how to add a layer of protection. She activated her mask of Flight and started searching.

She raced through the trees, instinctively avoiding branches by sense where they grew. Her optics searched the dark under canopy for predator’s optics.

Oh, wait. This would make far more sense if she did this close to the Kumu Peninsula. She spun and flew up, branches moving aside and returning to their positions as she broke up and out of the canopy. A fast swap to her mask of Quick Travel later and she was on the southern edge of the Fau Swamp.

The Kumu Peninsula sat like a black obsidian razor whale beached upon the island. It was sharp and dangerous, not to mention bloated with danger, mist clinging to it even in the light of day. Her mask of Quick Travel wouldn’t be too useful once inside.

But she wasn’t going inside yet. She flew through the edge of the swamp, past giant, glowing mushrooms releasing large spores and past trees overcome with mutations, blackened and horribly twisted from their original state.

Brakas, no. Nui-Rama, no. Bog Snake, no. Muaka, yes!

Viltia’s tethers reached out to help her land, the Muaka startled by her sudden appearance. It was mostly untouched by the mutagen of the land. It was larger than normal and its back was starting to hunch, but otherwise it was fine. It easily could have eaten her in two bites, maybe one. But it hesitated, sensing her connection to Life through her Kraata.

She smiled and reached out her hand. The Muaka looked at her suspiciously, its breath heavy and warm on her. Oh, yeah that probably wasn’t going to work, it wasn’t the village Kahu, after all. One of her tethers extended along the swamp floor like a snake and quickly tapped the Muaka’s back foot. Viltia exerted her Kraata power and created new life for herself. With no sound, nor even a flash of light, a half size duplicate of the Muaka was standing next to the template it was created from.

He was absolutely adorable. His little cat face tilted to look at her and her mouth opened in astonishment. He had somehow just gotten even cuter! It looked like he could eat her in 3-5 bites, depending on the situation, so that was good. He could protect her. The original looked in confusion at the duplicate. Should it attack this rival pipsqueak?

Viltia called to the copy and her tethers pulled her though the trees to the edge of the swamp, quickly leaving the original behind to be confused about everything that just happened.

She paused. Before her lay a sea of black, devoid of most plant life. The only thing she could sense so far was moss and lichen. It spoke volumes of the dangers of the world she was about to step into. Even the noise was different here. Everything felt like it was under a blanket, softened by the layer of mist.

At least she could strongly smell the sea. That gave her comfort and made her wonder about Nektann. Actually, that line of thinking led to a great idea. She pulled the mask from her left pouch, exchanging it for her mask of Flight. She donned her Legendary mask of Growth.

With a nod to the Muaka by her side, Viltia’s tether gripped her Rahkshi staff of Hunger tight, she pulled out her axe/crossbow, and she stepped forward onto the black and jagged rock, her footsteps far louder than she wished. Soon, her and her companion’s forms were lost to the mist.

As they walked, Viltia lost track of all sense of time. It was almost like wandering through the marshes for the first time, everything looking the same and danger potentially behind every reed. Except this time she was prepared. If any life was around, she would know it because of her Kraata and be prepared to defend herself. So she looked around as best as she could, trying to locate anything that might hide the knowledge she needed to be able to teach the Admin Taboos.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 3

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

Arnex gave Rose a thumbs up while her commander raised an eyebrow, the Nynran unsure whether to be worried about how close she had 'inspected' his weaponry given what Skyra had done, or to be proud of her initiative and clear interest in the Taku's defense systems. Knichou gave the Toa a nod, mentally taking note of her story about Sorilax. It seemed everyone loved this aspect, for he took his commitment to saving lives to heart, despite his sometimes odd behavior.

Knichou began to walk up the starboard side staircase to reach the upper deck. He paused midway, as if he just remembered something.

"Navu, could you go and talk to our Vahki and let it know we'll be flying back to the airdock soon, so it can either come back to the ship with you or stay here or know where to go after it's done with whatever it's doing here? Everyone else... at ease, I guess? We'll be heading out when Navu gets back."

The ex-Ghost promptly lead the Aspect up the staircase and to his office on the starboard side of the upper deck. Knichou went ahead and took Nale's seat behind her side of the desk, because he had a feeling he might need to use the desk, and his side was too much of a mess to lay out Sorilax's scrolls. He pulled an iStone out from his backpack and opened an application to take notes in, then looked up to Sorilax.

"So... before I forget, I have a feeling you're the reason Viltia really wanted to trade for some Rhotuka launchers earlier today?"

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui, Coliseum

The lesterin followed Tuyet as best as he could, knowing if she left his sight, he might never find out how to leave the building until his ride was already gone. Elegant rooms he had never seen before whizzed by as he made an effort to catch up to her pace.

"What didja mean back there about 'im gettin' assassinated? You seen tha future too?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

With - Knichou

Hummm?” Sorilax’s long arm scratched at the chin of his Calix as he pondered his response for at least a minute’s length, “I doubt the possibility, though cannot deny it outright. You see, the Fau Swamp is rife with sickness and disease. Corodi and Brachel Spurs being the foremost concerns. The safest course of action for anyone who lives there is to administer a weekly healing regimen. At first, I was the sole source of healing, but since the arrival of Viltia’s group, after they escaped those Skakdi slavers when the native Skakdi attacked, there was found a Matoran who also has the powers of a healing Rhotuka. I would have to guess that Viltia wished to get more Rhotuka Launchers since Le-Metru Nuva only has the one and they desperately need it to continue surviving in the Fau Swamp. What if someone accidentally leaves it out in the acid rain, or it gets destroyed in a Rahi attack? Suddenly the whole village is at risk.

As for my Rhotuka Launcher, it is attached to my ACR, which Sala has been using as of late. Since he is still in the Far Shore, I do not have access to it. Although, ultimately I know not how to remove the Rhotuka Launcher from the ACR, and I doubt I have the time to find Cravious and pay him to have it removed. That Skakdi may be clever with technology, but his services are certainly not cheap. In addition to that, the Rhotuka Launcher is an extra layer of defense for Sala, so I would not wish to remove it regardless. I would prefer it if he remains as safe as possible as we go about our travels.

Sorilax pulled out his scroll on Aspects and set it on the desk before Knichou, “Now, should you need any clarification or any expounding on any matter, I am happy to do so. I wish the safety of this settlement, and that means their leaders and leader figures must know the inherent risks involved in dealing with Aspects. And as I said before, that goes for myself as well, until a Psionics user can vouch for my changed mental state and verify my claims of a changed nature. Although the one we were nearby earlier that I was conversing with, Sidra, I shared my memories with her of the event of my change. She should be able to vouch for me, that is, if she is in high enough standing with the community so as to be trusted beyond a doubt.

• Like 3

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

The changed Matoran was tense but did as she was told, sitting down still on her hind legs as Vashni began the procedure under the watchful eye of Vhisola and the other afflicted.
Vashni reached out with her mask, but the usual sensation that accompanied the action felt different this time. She knew these  creatures had been Matoran - they were Matoran still, just changed, they still had identities after all.  She knew their physiology, or what it should be at least. And the form she saw before her was certainly not that.

But despite being able to see what needed reversing and knowing what the original form had been...her mask couldn’t apply its power. It didn’t feel like she was actively being resisted, there was nothing at work here to counter her abilities. Her mask worked fine too, she could feel it had activated as she had commanded it to - but wherever the Kanohi’s powers normally took hold there was nothing to hold on to when it came to Nixie.

:Something...happening?: the former astronomer asked.

No there wasn’t. And the Toa knew there was only one kind of mutation her Kanohi did not work on: those caused by energized protodermis.

OOC: @Toru Nui@Snelly@Tarn@Onaku@Harvali

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, The Taku

Knichou chuckled at Sorilax's last suggestion. He had doubts that Dume's assassin would be in high standing with the community. At the very least, her testimony was extra meaningless to him, and anyone willing to blindly trust her was clearly an untrustworthy fool in the first place.

"Well Viltia gave me some Kanoka for free before running off, so remind me to make you a Rhotuka launcher before you leave as payment," Knichou responded as he began to examine the scroll. First, Knichou began to take pictures of the text with his iStone so he would have an extra copy. "And if you really want a psionic background check, Sidra's useless, but I know just the Toa for you, though. Look for Vashni, she should be somewhere in town, I'm sure if you said Knichou sent her she would be willing to perform such a task."

Backup created, the Fe-Toa began to examine the scroll in more detail. He skimmed over the document, with things such as grand wishes and their general treachery aligning with what the engineer had learned from Stannis. Knichou knew he would have to examine this in closer detail later. It was a pleasant surprise to have such a thorough document that he could show Nale and Vulimai, but Knichou was so stubborn on meeting with Sorilax because he had a much more urgent matter at stake than the nature of Aspects.

He looked up from the document with a grim expression. The ex-Ghost rested his elbows on the desk, his hands forming an arch in front of his face as he chose his words carefully.

"This is very useful, but... it's not the main thing I want to know right now. You're Sorilax, Life Seeker. You called Stannis an Aspect, and he said he was the All Seeker. Why did you call him an Aspect? His eyes may look glazed over sometimes, but he's a Toa of stone, and always has been. You also said you didn't know him, but seconds later you did. All of this has me confused, and I'd like an explanation."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

Vashni was someone who always tried to keep her emotions in check. Both as a professional and as a Toa of Psionics, this is normally something she could do with ease. 

But the moment she realized that her powers could do nothing to help these Matoran was incredibly frustrating. The look on her face as she turned to her fellow Toa said as much. 

"Energized protodermis...that's what changed them. There's nothing I can do." 

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Toru Nui @Harvali

• Like 2

IC: Iradra - Ko-Pou Shelter

Iradra furrowed her brow. Energized protodermis? In Metru-Koro? But how-

Her eyes lit up suddenly with realization. "... The lake under the head. Metru-Koro was built too close. The toxins must have seeped into the land and tainted it. Including anything that grew in it."

@Snelly@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Toru Nui

• Like 5

IC: Marrow (and minions) – Irnakk’s Tooth

The sudden crack of thunder reverberated through the tunnel, amplified by the narrow confines. Ears ringing, Opal felt someone suddenly appear at her side, a figure forcing themselves into the space between her body and the tunnel wall. But crouched behind the barrier, her focus still on controlling the lava, with only an instant to react, there was nothing she could do to stop Ysocla’s blade from whipping across her back.

The slim sword sliced across the muscular Mesi’s upper back, catching on the animal hides she wore, tearing ragged gashes in her frills and neck, and battering her face into the barrier before her. Blood welled from the wounds, and Opal crumpled forward, dazedly raising her arms over her head to fend off further blows. 

Further down the tunnel, the raging wave of lava broke against Zataka’s energy beams, splashing and collapsing, its momentum and mass causing it to continue flowing languidly forward in some places as it settled. Though no longer under the skakdi’s control, the sizzling pool still covered a significant section of the tunnel floor, remaining an obstacle to Yumiwak and Zai as they charged, shoving through it with telekinesis.

Freed from the psionic assault from earlier, Marrow refocused his senses and attention on the enemies at hand. His first instinct was to rush to Opal’s aid, but he trusted she could handle herself. His second was to pounce on the other Vo-Skakdi, but he knew he’d be putting himself in the firing line of the other warskaks if he did so. The rest of the group remained the biggest threat, and so he focused instead on them.

Given his wounded hand, growing exhaustion from the heat, and the number of foes approaching, he knew all too well a melee wouldn’t be likely to work out in his favour. But he had the advantage of being the only Skakdi in the tunnel whose elemental reserves were entirely untapped, and he drew upon them now.

Merging powers with Hakkzan beside him, Marrow summoned hundreds of thorny tangles of fireroot – a durable plant made up of thick, fireproof vines – which erupted upwards from the cracks and crevices in the walls and floor of the tunnel right behind Korio. They lashed like vipers towards the elemental auras of the approaching Yumiwak and Zai, intent on ensnaring any extremity they could entangle to pull the pair away from each other, and apart.

It was Marrow's hope that if he could just eliminate or maim one or two of the attackers, it might be enough to dissuade the others from continuing their attack. But if they continued their advance, he had little choice left but to retreat into the chamber and gamble with the new knowledge Irnakk had gifted him. Even if that carried the risk of loosing more monsters upon the island.

Even if it meant becoming one himself. 

@EmperorWhenua @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

With - Knichou

Sorilax frowned, emotions rising up in him at the mention of All-Seeker. The feelings of friendship were undeniable. He just wished he could actually remember any details other than a name: Caedast. If his emotions were to be trusted, then so was All-Seeker. And if he trusted All-Seeker, then she had a reason to remain hidden among the inhabitants of the Ark and he could not betray that confidence.

But on the other hand, he was not about to lie about the subject. That would break his own self imposed moral code. So what could he tell Knichou? If Sorilax’s emotions were a false positive, then a very crafty Aspect was nestled in their midst, piling secrets, shadows, and knowledge upon themselves to form a bed of power from which to accomplish their Grand Wish, whatever that might be.

That is difficult to answer. For as I stated previously, I literally am not able to access my memories from before a certain point in my past. The names Stannis presented were able to invoke positive, half remembered emotions within me, but that is all they did. That is all I have to go on. So long as my emotions are not lying to me, then I must have known her in the past.

Sorilax tilted his head as he wrestled with his ideas. “To say more would potentially break the confidence All-Seeker has in me. I do not know the right answer to tell you, for I refuse to lie, but at the same time I wonder if I should reveal more for your own ease of mind, even at the risk of ruining a friendship I may or may not have.

• Like 4

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Commander/Captain's Office

Knichou narrowly prevented himself from groaning aloud at experiencing a classic Stannis-esque answer. His face showed the frustration instead. The Nynran instead focused in on something the Aspect had said.

"Her? Stannis is a he, and he is a Toa."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

With - Knichou

Sorilax looked confused, “I did say 'her'. Hummm… I suppose I did, though I know not why. Did I know a female by the name of Stannis in the past, perhaps? Or… is Stannis a common female name?

A hardlight hand stroked the chin of his Calix, “That really is odd. Why did I do that, I wonder?

• Like 3

IC: Irna | Kumu Peninsula

"I trust you, Keitara," Irna said, chuckling as she walked towards them. "The travels were no issue. Tekmo here even made some new friends along the way, didn't you?"

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"Oreius, a pleasure to make your acquaintance and-- Is that Energized Protodermis?!"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Eyru

IC: Detsu | Fort Nektann

"It will be done," Detsu said. "We'll have a proper fighting force in this fortress yet." 

He bowed his head then, and he watched as his new leader left the room.

OOC: @Sparticus147

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula) - They Went That-a-Way

"Urm..." Tekmo thought back to being almost completely drained of his energy. "In a way, I suppose. One was an Aspect, I believe. If we hasten, we may yet catch up to them. They were headed, mmmmmm - THAT WAY." He dramatically pointed to where he guessed Whira, Cravious and the rock were heading before they parted ways.

@Conway@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (Fau Swamp) - All the Odd Jobs

"If what you say is true, then our next course of action should be to recon the surrounding area and find these remains. Assuming that no artistic liberties were taken with the depiction we saw, it shouldn’t be too hard to determine what’s a Rahkshi and what’s some other rotting corpse. I don’t suppose you could get your friends to help with that? Scour the jungle with eyes?"

@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox, NU-8020S and Navu (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - I Fought the Law, and the Law Won

"Ah, the million-widget question. Since all other candidates are dead or missing, I would suggest Nuju, unless you have already been to see him. There’s also this 'Stannis', who is supposedly wise and learned, and is also on board with our proposed deicide, so he says. On a related note, the only other person I’ve seen hold the Sphere grew obsessed with it in a matter of hours and doomed us all to this forsaken wasteland. Just so you know. Handle with care."

Meanwhile, Navu went up to the Vahki, as Knichou ordered. She wasn’t sure what to make of the robots, having never lived in Metru Nui - for long, anyway. But she had nothing to fear from them. She hadn't done anything wrong... at least, not here.

"Uh, Knichou wants you to know that we’ll be leaving for Metru Nui soon. The Taku is gonna go back to the airdock, then we’ll start making final preparations."

"How gracious of him. Unfortunately, Akiri Kanohi has not yet returned so that I may inform him of my departure."

"Well, er, he said we wouldn’t be leaving until I get back at least, so-"

NU-8020S began carving a message into the ground with her staves. It read:

DEAR KANOHI

GONE TO FREE MY RACE FROM SLAVERY

LOVE, NU-8020S

She then converted back to quadrupedal mode and scuttled off towards the Taku, Navu running after her.

@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler@BULiK

IC: Gnabol (Outskirts of Kini-Koro) - Ankle-Biters

"What are you talking about? We’re stranded in an inhospitable wasteland full of raiders and horrors, your job is actually quite important. I’d offer you a place to rest a bit, but mine is currently occupied by seven screaming Skaklets. Most of them have learned that it’s not OK to bite people. Most."

@NorikSigma

• Like 4