Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Takadox | Spiriah’s Labyrinth

In the filthy darkness of the underground Takadox’s eyes flickered open as he woke from his dream. He’d been a king again, surrounded by loyal followers, lovers, and a retinue of well trained warriors. He’d needed nothing, wanted for nothing, and was at peace. 

“Third time in a week, Pridak would be leaking himself.” Takadox groaned as he leaned up halfway to try and get his bearings. A month underground left him aware of his precious place in the food chain. There were no misunderstandings down in the darkness: Takadox was prey. He wanted to go to the surface, but without a guide or a map he found himself hopelessly lost and wandering underneath the surface of the earth until he escaped, died, or became a follower of the elder aspect known as Spiriah.

It wasn’t pride that kept him from bending the knee to the voice in the shadows. It wasn’t fear either. It was a stubborn refusal to give up his own status as a Barraki. Just because he left the league of six didn't mean he wasn't still a lord himself. He was Barraki Takadox, peace keeper of the Eastern Realms, arm of the Shadowed One, and apparently a god killer to boot. Yes, he claimed responsibility for the death of a god, and he loved it.

There was no way he would bow to Spiriah. Absolutely none. It just sucked how nice the dark voices were being. They’d spared his life without so much as a request for payment. Confusing, irritating, possibly something that would bite him in the rear later on, but Takadox admitted he could use a freebie now and then.

He rubbed his other arm casually, then remembered he didn’t have one. It still hurt, and it felt weird to feel it after all this time. The plugs running down his spine felt raw and sore too. he found his back stiff and less flexible after the implants were hastily attached. He’d pulled them from a Mesi and had the work done by some strange underground traveler named… Takadox couldn’t remember. Weird. He normally remembered names pretty well. Takadox gave up and said with a sigh; “Oh well, they’re dead now.”

He couldn't remember if that was his fault. Weird again.

Standing up he shook a few millipedes out of his gear, checked his long knives, and began trudging through the underground, renewed with a sense of purpose. The air smelled foul as ever, but he was determined to find the way up and out. 

“I have a good feeling about today,” he said while crawling through a particularly muddy tunnel. “Maybe I’ll get what I’m wanting after all. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?”

The ground gave way, the dirt poured down, and Takadox fell through spitting the foulest of curses...

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 6

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

Triage grasped the hands of Vashni and Iradra, closing his optics and feeling a rush of anxiety and anticipation. He wasn't sure how exactly this was supposed to go--it was such an old practice, so unused, that any material or guides ("Kaita-Forming For Dummies," maybe?) on a proper gestalt ritual either were gone or never existed in the first place.

So then, he figured that the first step was to focus really hard on Unity. Uniting. Maybe there was no specific ritual to create a Kaita. Maybe it was different for everyone, the medic thought.

Whatever the case, something began to happen because soon Triage felt a sensation, like being pulled closer to the other two Toa as the trio coalesced, and on the outside were beginning to glow like an active Kanohi. Then the glow became brighter--any observers would have had to shield their eyes. Three beings coming together, morphing and reshaping into something unfamiliar. But not entirely new, Triage thought. No, this...entity, this spirit they were becoming. Whatever it was, it felt like it had always been there, out in the aether. Existing between the trio of Toa as they went about their days and journeys, waiting on them to wake it up. 

Like a locked door, being passed by and ignored until one day someone finds the key under the rug.

He felt impossibly close to the others. Their thoughts could be heard just as clear as his own, their heartlights beat in rhythm with his. It was working.

The process felt natural. Like destiny. 

Three became one.

In the midst of the afflicted and their caretakers stood a tall figure, larger than any Toa. A challenger to any titan's size. Their form was like a monument to the strengths of their component beings, with an idealized, heroic shape. Iridescent gold and bronze armor shimmered under lightstones, an extra layer of protection complimenting the blue, white, and teal underneath--partially covered by a white half cloak and tabard. Their face bore the form of what looked like a Mahiki, a pair of pallid golden optics now looking over their new physical body and seeming pleased with it. They were not a tool of war, or bloodshed, however. This was compassion given life. This was the Kaita of Remedy.

Whakamahu had awoke.

OOC: Healer Kaita on the scene in Ko-Pou.

@Onaku@Snelly

• Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

"I don't know if I could do that, Kilo," Atamai responded. "The Haonga can't directly copy mask powers."

OOC: @pokemonlover360 sorry for the short response, brain is dead today

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira accepted the vial of energized protodermis, cradling it like a newborn baby. "Thank you, brother," she said. She turned and headed towards the exit, with Cravious in tow.

Once exiting the fortress, the pair found the rock Rahi once more. "We have what we need," Whira said. "I believe we can head back to the slopes of Irnakk's Tooth to complete our objective. Rock, would you like to come with us?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Eyru if the rock talking with Viltia is the same one that Whira talked to, let me know and I can edit the post accordingly

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Whisper’s words echoed in the mists surrounding her and Viltia. She felt the stone absorb her intention, guzzling the powers of the profane rite up with insatiable hunger. It flashed with the energy of the rite, and then with a sharp crack split in half. The two sides fell apart in a disgusting V shape. In the broken gap a shimmering film of darkness blossomed. A silence descended upon them both. For a while, nothing happened, and neither dared to move, too scared by prior experiences to throw themselves without reservation into the unknown. Then there was a sound again: a bone-chilling, blood curdling shriek.

The impression of a taloned hand pushed against the strange film of the portal. It seemed like a strange creature pushing against the taught surface of its yolk. With a sickening slurping sound the portal ripped open and the hand pressed cleanly through, along with the rest of the foul creature’s body: a rahkshi! 

The faceplate of the foul creature opened to reveal its piloting kraata, which let out a territorial squeal of rage, and then the piloting kraata retreated into its armor and the rahkshi began to advance…

OOC: please note this is a deadly encounter, and the lives of your characters are now in immediate danger. @Gecko Greavesy, @Kal the Guardian

IC: Reliable Narrator | Somewhere

Korruhn listened long and listened hard. It didn’t make sense. Eventually, he realized it wasn’t a test or a puzzle as so many places dotting this island were wont to be. Instead, the sounds just existed. They were there, but only just, and that barely perceptible background noise acted as a sort of buffer from the worries, stress, and busy thoughts that normally filled the toa’s mind.

He was surprised to find after spending time gazing into the red circle that someone was staring back at him, or more precisely something. A suit of damaged armor, complete with a helm in the shape of a kanohi kraahkan, so dark in color as to seem a part of the shadows themselves, rested on its knees besides the red circle in mirror to Korruhn’s own posture. Its hands dipped halfway into where the ground would be, as if attempting to scoop something up with its palms, but they did not pass through to Korruhn. It was pitted and rusted armor, useless and discarded, but despite its decrepit construction it lingered in its reflective limbo. Stranger still, it spoke with a voice of iron and smoke that made the circle ripple with each passing phrase;

“You are not what I expected. Welcome to my domain, broken star. You walk with Death upon you. You have killed one of my sons. A minor setback, but one that wears thin on my hospitality. Why are you here?”

OOC: @Crimson Jester

• Like 6

Happy chat.

IC: Korruhn, ???

Korruhn's eyes narrowed, attempting to discern what he was looking at. The murk of the pool rippled under the might of the voice beyond, obscuring his view every time he seemed to finally get focus. He leaned forward, and suddenly remembered the great, limp weight upon his shoulders.

Leaning his left shoulder, Korruhn set the corpse of Grime down next to him. He took great care to gently place him in a seating position next to Korruhn, as though he were still there. He made it this far, Grime deserved to see the end of the journey, even if only in spirit. Or whatever happens to people when they die, because Korruhn really didn't know anymore.

“You are not what I expected. Welcome to my domain, broken star. You walk with Death upon you. You have killed one of my sons. A minor setback, but one that wears thin on my hospitality. Why are you here?” As it closed it's last word, the silence of the void seemed to swallow his voice back into the nether. The pool drew dead still; and suddenly, Korruhn could see. He could see... it couldn't be. He couldn't believe his eyes. Sat at the shoulders of the pitting and rust of the seemingly-empty armor of some ancient, foreign design, sat a Kanohi Kraakhan. Korruhn had seen this mask in legends, in nightmares, but never would he thought to be staring directly at one. (Or was he?)

"And what exactly did you expect, if not I?" Korruhn asked the being. "I have no quarter with your offspring. It was he, or I. I am in the pursuit of knowledge, and that chase has seemingly lead me to your door."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 4

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

“What would you do with this knowledge,” asked the armor staring back. “Would you raze the world until only ash remains? Would you truly save anyone?”

ooc: @Crimson Jester

OOC: as always, tw for medical horror and other possible traumas

IC: Ehlek | Mi-Kiri

He tapped his fingers across a few keys and then paused. He let the message sit for a minute, leaning back as if giving a digital message a chance to rest before sending could somehow improve its impact. He sent the message.

To Aurax,

Your compliance is requested. Please provide more lab matoran. Current supply less than ideal. More experiments necessary. Varied elements preferred. Will be forced to resort to terrestrial harvesting If sufficient quantity is not provided. Thank you for your compliance.

Successful completion of this request will result in my acceptance of your status as a Barraki, with all its responsibilities and privileges.

For the League.

He popped his knuckles, rolled the chair back from his desk, and checked the projections for his current experiment against the live data and control group that were plastered across two monitors. It would take longer than projected. The burn down tracker was showing that vahki were decreasing their efficiency the more consciousness they were provided. They were beginning to bicker, to quarrel over who was more the original. Of course, they were all fake, and he was getting tired of needing to keep rebooting them due to silly emotions. It was at the point where he would need to decide if efficiency or personhood mattered most. 

Naturally efficiency was the correct answer. They were just robots to begin with, and it wasn’t like a matoran could feel real pain. No, they showed similar signs of pain, the same way a rahi might, but the studies were inconclusive on whether or not matoran could actually feel much of anything. They were primitive, metamorphic, war mongering rahi that made skakdi look civilized. It was strange how they rose to prominence in the old world. At least now the natural order was reshaping itself. Matoran were social rahi, and they were clumping up in little villages across the island. It made it easier for Ehlek. He could just harvest the closest one when supplies got low, but Aurax was an untapped resource the Barraki was loath to continue ignoring. Aurax showed a certain understanding of technology that seemed almost intelligent.

Ehlek looked at the stasis container by his desk and gave the lid a loving little tap. A dark shape jostled inside the fluid of the container. Ehlek smiled.

“Soon buddy. Soon.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~, ring ring barraki phone

• Like 6

Happy chat.

"Despite many of the occupants of it, I believe we live in a truly amazing world. As a cartographer, I have had the great fortune of being able to see vast swaths of it, even portions that have yet to be cursed by the footsteps of intelligent life upon it. Even the Far Shore, in it's cacaphonous existence, is something to marvel at. I seek to understand our great world, and perhaps someday I may find a way improve upon it."

• Like 3

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

Strike, little one, Whisper mentally commanded, as she moved backwards to keep out of the rahkshi's reach. Blind the beast!

At her order, the level three laser vision kraata clinging to her shell stared at the rahkshi, loosing a blast of searing light from its eyes, aimed directly at the rahkshi's own. It was the only one of Whisper's infectious kraata that didn't require physical contact to use its powers at its current level, and she didn't want to risk closing the distance with her encroaching opponent until she was certain it didn't possess a power that could destroy her or the kraata on contact. 

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

Sorilax’s rahkshi rose silent and invisible from the surrounding water and began to carefully observe the space around it. Through the rahkshi’s eyes Sorilax took clinical stock of everything he could perceive.

At one time this had been a great city. Towers, channels, bridges, floating homes, water purification plants, gorgeous hanging gardens, and more filled the immediate vicinity. Once they were beautiful and vibrant with life. Now the buildings were half-crushed as if a great collision occurred. Detritus littered waterways. Plants grew absolutely everywhere. They positively flourished. Thick green vines pulsed with life, and colorful flowers bloomed in the sunlight. Sorilax could hear the buzzing of multitudinous insects. It became apparent there were two major points of interest: the big floating fortress parked just outside where he’d seen creatures on the boarding ramp, or the great ruined tower covered in gnarled roots and vines in the center of this place peeking out above the tops of other buildings. Needless to say both would be a journey, with or without his current abilities.

ooc: @Kal the Guardian

“A Chronicler then,” said the armor. As Korruhn adjusted Grime’s corpse the armor commented; “you sit with the dead, but you do not know their stories?”

ooc: @Crimson Jester

• Like 3

Happy chat.

Korruhn chuckled. He had never considered himself something as prestigious as a Chronicler before; that title was usually reserved for some hero-type. It was good to get some recognition, even if it was from... whatever this thing was.

"My journey has been a lonely one, I will admit. My control of the Far Shore has been intermittent at best. Thus, I don't seem to keep company very long. This one was killed by your some before he could share his tale with me."

• Like 2

IC Kilo-M9 - Kini-nui - kaita ACR bunker:

No records exist for such a limitation on the Haonga. Updating asset list.

New strategies will need to be formed. Putting all roles on Ally Atamai might result in excessive pressure on his mental state.

Considering new approaches.

Prioritizing efficient usage of all available assets. Deprioritizing quickest route to victory.

New strategies formed. Obtaining peer review.

This unit has calculated additional strategies,” the machine said after another moment. “Both strategies begin with this unit surprising the tahtorak with an attack using this hammer. According to Patiwairutiki’s database, this hammer can stun on contact with the tahtorak. Once the target has been stunned, Ally Atamai can follow up with two possible options. Option one is the previously mentioned weakness beam followed by decapitation, this time without increased speed. Option two is to swap out for the lance launcher weapon. While the target is stunned, a barrage of lances can be fired to pin down the target. Once the target is trapped, this unit will continue to attack with the hammer, keeping the target stunned until it has been eliminated.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere

As he took stock of his surroundings, Sorilax was glad he had left his scrolls at Le-Metru Nuva. There was so much to document and preserve for future life to learn from. It would have taken his days or years to write it all down. The flora and fauna fascinated him and he almost started looking for a bee hive to observe before he stopped himself. Once again being forced to focus on his Light bending kept him on the right course.

No matter the luscious green beauty around him, he had a Grand Wish to accomplish. He could explore later. If the island was still intact, anyway. He should really figure out the truths behind Nuju’s words.

As his Rahkshi head turned, he spotted one area that really caught his interest. It was a grand ruined tower in the center of this flooded place. Thick vines and crawling roots adorned it like organic furnishings. It was spectacular to view.

He would start there.

Reaching out his hands in preparation to grab something, Sorilax teleported to a particularly sturdy looking cluster of roots on the large tower. He reached out, gaining purchase, but only for a moment as he looked at the ground and teleported there instead of trying to climb up the slightly damp roots and vines. Once on the ground floor again, Sorilax looked for an entrance to the decaying ruin.

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper

Viltia was disturbed as she watched the Rahkshi emerge. And it was a Rahkshi, whatever that was. Maybe kraata plus armor? Her Life Kraata whispered the information about it being a Rahkshi in her mind as it teleported to their location. And it had to be teleportation of some kind. If it had just been waiting around on another plane of existence, she would have still sensed its presence. The Life Kraata was awesome about stuff like that.

But this thing most certainly was not awesome. It looked like a predator. And it acted like one too, letting out a horrendous shriek that was kind of soothing in an odd way. She had definitely heard worse things in the Fau Swamp at night. Worse things that now helped her get to sleep at night.

As it strode forward, it moved with deadly intent. Viltia saw the way it held itself and advanced. She had been forced to have a sense for these things in the Fau Swamp, where danger filling the air was all the warning you got sometimes. This creature, this Rahkshi, was absolutely dripping with danger. It practically rolled off of the beast in thick rivulets, as if the Rahkshi had just emerged from a pool of water.

So it was without hesitation that Viltia mentally sentenced this Rahkshi to death. It was either going to be her or it, and she had learned not to waste time doubting her intuition about this kind of stuff. She mentally commanded her Muaka to retreat to her side for now. In a now well practiced motion, Viltia’s tethers extended and drew her backwards, gracefully causing her to seem to float through the air. She took aim and started firing her laser crossbow right after Whisper shot that bright light at the Rahkshi. The same one that she had used to cause Viltia to notice her.

The light wasn’t directed at Viltia, but it still caused her to blink rapidly. As she moved back on her tethers, she focused on her mask and began to grow. As she did, the silent atomizing bolts of energy from her lazer crossbow also grew. From fist sized to two fists to the size of a Kanohi. Even with her movement and the light from Whisper’s Kraata causing her to blink rapidly to adjust, hopefully the increased size would cause the atomizing rounds to strike the killing machine before it could harm her or her new friend.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Outside of Icarax’s Temple

With - Whira

Cravious pulled out a walkie talkie with a strange box attached to it with a large switch and several knobs as he followed Whira outside. Once they were again in open air and away from prying ears, he turned on the walkie talkie and then twisted one of the knobs. Suddenly static sprung from the speaker. Cravious flicked the switch on the side of the addendum box several times in an irregular fashion.

He paused, then started the same sequence again. When he got to the end of the sequence, he paused again. Several bursts of static came through, barely discernible as intelligent instead of just white noise. Cravious nodded and turned off the box and walkie talkie, putting the contraption away, “The Cube is on its way.”

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Forgot about Viltia's Muaka and added it in.
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sidra – Le-Metru Nuva

The onset of morning over the Fau Swamps brought with it the soft chirping of birds, and the equally melodic but far more menacing chirping of the Fikou spiders that emerged to feed on those birds. As the first rays of daylight clawed their way through the canopy, and crept into the confines of Sidra’s hut, they found the NUVA sitting cross-legged on her bed, eyes closed and breathing steady.

Unlike every other known elemental power, Ce-elementals couldn’t recharge their reserves by absorbing their element, a limitation that Sidra had discovered and become frustrated with quite quickly. So many of her abilities were passive or instinctual; half the time she didn’t know she was using her powers until she suddenly found herself idly inspecting the thoughts of a nearby insect, or building up barriers to block out the wayward whimsies of those around her.

So, to help rein herself in and recharge her powers more efficiently, Sidra had taken to meditation. It had failed to help her sleep more peacefully when she’d tried doing it before going to bed, but it was a decent substitute for proper rest when she found herself unable to get back to sleep. By dispelling her mental defences, ignoring the world around her, and focusing wholly inwards, she stopped herself from overusing and overextending her powers, allowing them to replenish and recover more quickly. And being alone with her thoughts gave her more time to consider things… such as the task that lay before her today.

Without easy access to a Mask of Psychometry, she wouldn’t be able to learn anything useful about the Krom Sphere before she set out for the lake. But the people of Le-Metru Nuva had been able to destroy the Grand Untethered without it, and she hoped the knowledge she possessed would prove an effective enough arsenal to eradicate whatever remained of the monsters. 

She knew what they were – the fused remains of those who had perished during the fall of Metru Nui, guided or inhabited in some way by the consciousness of Mata Nui.

She knew what they wanted – to join and merge with any other living creatures they could find, to return Mata Nui’s people to his abominable embrace.

She knew what they were capable of – limited teleportation and shapeshifting, the ability to heal and strengthen themselves by draining the life from anything they touched, and possibly some manner of mind-reading.

She knew how to hurt them – their bodies could be broken or burned as easily as any other being, with fire in particular being very effective in destroying their decaying remains.

She knew how to set them free – severing the silver tethers that bound them together disconnected the individual corpses from the collective, and even her meagre hypnosis had been enough to convince individual untethered to “let go” of their existences. Her powers as they were now, further amplified by Wairuha, would surely make short work of them.

As the warmth of sunlight settled on her skin, Sidra opened her eyes, smiling slightly. She was confident in her conclusions, optimistic about her ability to win the battle ahead, and determined not to fail again. She knew what to do, and knew she could do it.

And when it was done, when she’d defied duty, defiled destiny, and destroyed the deity who’d inflicted those accursed concepts on the universe, no one would ever dare to doubt her again.

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Arkius - Spiriah's Labyrinth

Arkius was on edge, his nerves on fire as he kept his senses open, pulling himself like a cordak rocket toward the exit. But such a clean exit was not to be, as he felt the stone corridor smash closed behind him. Arkius grit his teeth, and tried to think of another way out. Another way out. Out... The earthen Toa felt his focus slipping. What was he doing again? He was covered in earth, and keeping up a sandstorm outside of himself... but... why was he...

The searing heat of the magma his earthen shell smashed into brought him back into the now, and he almost screamed as his back was singed by his cocoon melting behind him. Tearing himself away, he returned his focus to a way out, earth creeping around his form to shield his back again. Out, he had to get... Arkius gnashed his teeth as he could feel his focus slip again. Out. How to get out. Out...

Up.

Go up.

Arkius reached up, and pulled on the earth above him, the earth tearing through the stonework covering it, a tendril of the element smashing down into the Toa to envelop him, before ripping him up into the earthen fold above the Aspect's chambers. He came too close for comfort to simply losing all focus and staying there in the embrace of his element, but with hardened resolve, he focused again. 

Up. 

Go up. 

He began conveying his element around himself to pull himself upward. Bending the the earth around himself and his earthen shell, Arkius launched himself like a torpedo up through the ocean of the island's underground.

@Eyru

• Like 3

IC: Crucia - Skakdi of Water and Cyclone

Location - Eastern Sea

Crucia slowly drew close to her boat, Silver’s smug face looking down at her as the Ko-Skakdi leaned over the railing.

There’s the rest of the quota, I was worried for a hot minute there.” Silver laughed harshly. Silver’s much larger vessel dwarfed Crucia’s own. The Skakdi on it laughed with Silver, jeering at Crucia.

Crucia used her element to deposit herself and her catch onto her deck. She slumped to her back, leg throbbing. She could hear the impending footfalls of doom as Silver walked over. One after the other. Each one sealing her fate.

Silver glared down at Crucia, “Where’s the other one? Because this one sure ain’t enough, small fry.” Silver picked up her leg and brought it down on Crucia’s injured one, grinding it in.

Crucia gasped in pain, vision blurring. In that moment, her anger overcame her fear and she called upon her Kraata and blasted Silver with a gust of wind.

The Ko-Skakdi slammed onto her back and slid on the slippery deck to bang her head into the cabin, cursing and flailing.

There was an immediate flurry of activity as Silver’s Skakdi responded. Crucia found herself bound to the deck with several different elements.

And Silver was quick to get to her feet, growling and stomping over to Crucia. She kicked Crucia repeatedly in the broken leg, metal sparking and gears falling out.

Crucia lost focus as her organic protodermis muscle was now injured, sending far more intense pain racing through her than before. After a while of this torture, she wasn’t sure what she could feel of her body anymore as she grew numb. She felt hot breath on her face and was afraid to open her optics. Silver’s furious voice spoke inches from her, “You’re lucky I need you in one piece, you filthy piece of trash. But if you attack me one more time, that’s it. You and your friend are donezo. D. E. A. D. DEAD.

Crucia was pretty sure she was kicked in her side, and then she heard Silver giving orders to take her catches on board her boss’ ship.

Then Silver’s voice floated back Crucia’s way, “Oh, you don’t get to eat for a week. And if I catch you eating, I’ll sink your vessel. And don’t think I don’t want the rest of today’s quota. You get me the rest of today’s and tomorrow’s quota by noon tomorrow or you and your little friends become chum.

Crucia’s gut wrenched. Could things even get worse? Suddenly it felt like her whole body was throbbing. But not all of her pain was physical. Inside she was broken as well. She had actually done it, she had stood up to Silver, but she had been so wholly unmatched against her boss and her boss’s henchmen that she had been immediately restrained and punished. She had attacked when she couldn’t even use one of her legs. It was a stupid fit of emotion that had completely and utterly failed. Fear sat paramount in her mind.

But in the midst of that fear, a confusing mote of hope sat. She had successfully attacked Silver and Silver had been damaged. Silver wasn’t infallible in her mind anymore. Crucia grabbed onto that thought, cherishing it. As one of Silver’s Skakdi patched up her leg so she could get back to work fishing, Crucia nursed the thought, placing it as a foundation stone for future hopes of power and getting revenge on Silver.

It wouldn’t be easy though. Now she had a bum leg and had to work through the night to even have a chance of fulfilling Silver’s demands. One wrong move and she would be finished.

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Spiriah's Labyrinth

A finger of earth reached down and pulled Arkius up into the ceiling of the cavern. Forcing his mind to remain focused, all he could do was repeat one thought over and over: up. Up. Up. Swimming in an ocean of confusion, this mantra was the only thing tethering him to reality, and as he repeated it he found himself gaining speed, though he was hardly lucid enough to understand it. Then he broke through the barrier conjured by the mesi, and all he knew was pain.

Hot, excruciating, unbelievable pain. His indominable will pulled him ever upward, but it had pulled him right through the mantle of magma the mesi had pulled over Spiriah's chambers like a blanket over a dozing child. His body was covered in the molten rock; he felt his skin blistering and his blood boiling; he felt his metallic parts growing soft under the heat. He heard someone screaming, and realized belatedly that the noise was coming from his own mouth. But he pushed past the pain and wrested the cooling rock from his body with every ounce of elemental control he had, leaving behind blackened and charred flesh. He flagged for a moment, but his will was strong. His physical body was limp and bleeding, but his mind still forced the earth to obey. He continued moving up, up, out of the darkness.

Below, Spiriah gnashed his teeth as he watched his prey escape. He summoned his followers into his shadow, pulling a dozen mesi into his chamber. He slipped from the shell of his mouthpiece into another body, this one a mesi of earth. The mesi's mind quivered underneath the weight of his thoughts. He pressed down mercilessly, painfully; he forced his servant into submission even though the mesi had already yielded him full control. His essence covered and filled his subject's brain, bending every neuron to his will. The mesi's babbling thoughts were all surrender and worship: i am chosen i am chosen hail spiriah use me master and thy will be done but the aspect had no time for adulation. He conjured a pillar of earth beneath his feet and launched himself up into the ceiling, following the path Arkius had taken, accompanied by another mesi of earth and one of stone. The mesi  below pulled the magma out of the way of their ascent, but the surrounding earth was still hot enough to burn. The aspect didn't care. It was not his flesh. He was beyond pain.

The mesi's earth-sense told him the fleeing toa was ahead, and Spiriah's own shadow-sense confirmed it. He could feel the toa moving through the darkness like one might feel an insect burrowing through one's flesh. It itched and gnawed at him—the humiliation! the ignominy! Half-mad with rage, he urged his fleshly vessel onward, willing to burn the mesi's body out if that's what it took to catch up with his prey. And perhaps it would work: little by little, he sensed they were gaining on the wounded toa. Reaching out with his powers over darkness, he sought to use the shadows cast by each grain of earth and rock surrounding Arkius to grasp at the toa and slow his ascent.

The rahkshi screeched in irritation and pain at the flash of light. Its kraata slipped back behind its faceplate, no doubt feeling mildly scalded by such the blazing light. But the creature did not hide. It did not retreat. It advanced. Metal claws scraping on stone, it raced across the ground as quick as thought. Viltia's lasers peppered the ground, but, even blinded, the rahkshi seemed to dodge them with ease. It ducked and dove under each shot like it knew where the toa was aiming before she'd even pressed the trigger, and then it was upon Whisper.

Raising its staff with a scream of fury, the rahkshi slashed at the aspect, aiming to carve her children from her body. The deadly blade of its staff sliced through the air in a blur of silver light—

IC: Kas | The Great Telescope

"Yeah," the toa said with a shrug. "One passenger at a time. But once I drop you off up there, I can come back and grab your friend."

He held out a hand. "Are you ready?"

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | The Great Telescope

We're wasting time.

Pa-tience.

You promised me immortality, demon. All you've given me so far is pain.

Hu-ush. All in time.

IC: The Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

"No thanks," the rock rahi said with what surely would've been a shrug had it possessed shoulders. "It was nice meeting you, though!"

It began to cheerily roll away.

IC: Tuyet | Metru-Nui

"Okay, that's more like it."

Tuyet sat at the helm of the airship and ran her hands over the controls. A button here, a lever there, and with a quiet hum the ship began to rise. She looked back at her companion, half-smirking at the look of trepidation that briefly flashed across his face.

"I get feeling you're not much of an airship guy."

OOC: @Onaku @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @Harvali @~Xemnas~ @BULiK

• Like 3

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira watched the sentient rock roll away. "What a peculiar creature," she said to herself. She turned back to Cravious. "Good. Soon I shall have my mask... and then we can move on to bigger and better things."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai pursed his lips. "Well... hold on," Atamai began. "... let me try your earlier suggestion about programming in a dimensional gate power." Atamai said nothing for a moment, trying to decide how to word his prayer. After finalizing his input, he took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Tren Krom, grant me the power to create dimensional gates, as long as they lead to a place that I know exists. Amen."

There was a long silence. He heard the strange, whispery voice that had replaced the robotic voice associated with his Haonga.

Processing prayer, please wait...

...Prayer accepted.

Atamai looked at Kilo. "It worked," he said. "We can try your first plan, I suppose."

OOC: @pokemonlover360 A d20 was rolled and resulted in a 15. As with what EmperorWhenua did with his roll, anything less than a 5 would have resulted in failure. I know this power is similar to that of a banned mask, so, GMs, if this isn't allowed, please let me know and I'll edit it accordingly. Result of Atamai's attempted programming has been retconned by Eyru.

IC, Aurax: Metru Nui

Aurax surveyed Vahki moving the weapons and tools from his workshop and loading them into boxes to be sent to airships. One Vahki approached holding a level 5 Kanoka of shrinking and a level 5 Kanoka of enlarging. The Barraki took the disks from the robot. He quickly headed to the elevator and rode it down, down below the Coliseum to where its Vahki Hive was located. Aurax stepped out of the elevator and found his feet sloshing around in water. When the city had started sinking, the Vahki did their best to prevent water from filling up the space, but every time they patched a hole, the next day water would be flowing in from somewhere else. The king sloshed his way over to the Vahki hive. It was still functional, luckily; the water hadn't short-circuted it, unlike most of the other hives. Aurax raised the Disk of shrinking and threw it at the hive. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, the screech of metal-on-metal was heard. The structure began to move, to shrink. After a moment, the screeching stopped. The Barraki hit it again with the disk, and did so a few more times, until the Vahki Hive was small enough that Aurax could grasp it with one hand. He lifted up the Hive, smiled a little, and pocketed it. He walked back to the elevator and rode it up to the ground floor. 

One down, one to go...

Aurax eventually made his way out to the Ga-Metru hive, the only other Vahki Hive that was left intact. He took out the Kanoka of shrinking and did the same process as he did before, making sure he hit the hive the same number of times as he had done with the other one. He picked up the now shrunken-hive and put it in his pocket alongside the other one. He turned to head back to the Coliseum when a notification popped up on his ACR's HUD.

It was a message from Ehlek.

Aurax read it carefully, taking in what it said. He blew air out of his nostrils in mild frustration. What a position to be in, he thought to himself. Ehlek had already threatened him, but now was presented an opportunity to get on the scientist's good side. But at the same time, honoring Ehlek's request would make more enemies, enemies that he didn't need right now.

Aurax wasn't sure what to do. So he decided to word his response in a way that would buy him some time to think:

Ehlek,

Currently we are in the middle of an evacuation of the city. Once we are settled down, I will send some Matoran your way.

Aurax wasn't sure if he would end up actually sending some Matoran to Ehlek, but he could at least convince the warlord to be patient as he weighed his options.

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 3

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Outside of Icarax’s Temple

With - Whira

Cravious nodded, “I look forward to it.” And he was. He was ready to put his past month of study and practice to work. Though, not quite yet. “But first, while we wait, I think it’s the perfect time for my second Desecration.” Cravious pulled out his briefcase and popped it open. Energy hummed from within and a sentient Heartlight sat waiting to be used. He had obtained it in the past month and its owner certainly didn’t need it more than he did.

I want to never be concerned over being hurt again. I wish to be able to heal from any injury.

Location - East Sea

Crucia went over her maps for what felt like the hundredth time as the sun started to rise. She had been up all night, trying her best to ignore the throbbing in her leg and catch all the fish she could. It wasn’t looking good for her. There was no way she would be able to catch today’s and the rest of yesterday’s quota before noon. There was just no way.

She slammed her desk in the messy cabin, cursing. Why? Why was she so weak? Why couldn’t she just overpower Silver?

She needed another Kraata. That was it. Yes. She needed to find Whira again and get another Kraata. That would solve everything.

Having a goal reinvigorated Crucia and she made a decision she hoped to never make. She was going to hunt Tarakava, the twin boxers. It was the only way to make her deadline. Even killing one would be enough to fulfill her quota.

Crucia spun the helm, turning to go west. Now she just needed to come up with a plan of attack. Her stomach dropped at the thought but she stayed the course. She could do this.

No, she had to do this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eyru said:

Raising its staff with a scream of fury, the rahkshi slashed at the aspect, aiming to carve her children from her body. The deadly blade of its staff sliced through the air in a blur of silver light—

IC: Whisper - Kumu  Peninsula 

Only a high-level Kraata of Dodge could allow a being to evade incoming attacks so effectively. It was a difficult ability to counter in a ranged fight, but most importantly to Whisper, it meant there was no harm in touching this Rahkshi... or in allowing it to touch her. 

So as the weapon swept in towards her, she didn't even try to dodge or deflect the blow. She simply turned ever-so-slightly to ensure the staff struck one Kraata in particular: her level two Slow kraata, whose base ability made it difficult to dislodge and highly resistant to harm, allowing it to endure the blow without being badly maimed or knocked from her body. 

Without legs to brace herself against the ground, however, the force of the blow would still have battered her back a few bio, had she not immediately drawn upon the power of the new Vacuum Kraata that Stannis had given her. She propelled herself forward, closer to the Rahkshi, jabbing one of her tendrils - with her level three Sleep and Stasis Kraata both curled around its hand - towards the Rahkshi's torso, ready to inflict their powers upon the creature if they came into physical contact. 

@Eyru @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Tuyet | Metru-Nui

"Okay, that's more like it."

Tuyet sat at the helm of the airship and ran her hands over the controls. A button here, a lever there, and with a quiet hum the ship began to rise. She looked back at her companion, half-smirking at the look of trepidation that briefly flashed across his face.

"I get feeling you're not much of an airship guy."

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui

The Lesterin pondered the nature of time and reality as the duo went to the airship, but got confused and derailed his train of thought, which caused him to stay silent for the rest of the journey.

Until Tuyet spoke up, that is.

She probably saw Exuze checking his seatbelt multiple times as he sat down in the co-pilot's seat. The hum of the engines starting up was overshadowed by the anxious tapping of Exuze's right foot against the floor.

"Well - ye- it's a long story. Bad experiences."

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"Then you can appreciate where I'm coming from," Parnassus said, reaching out to clasp this strange Prime man by the shoulder. "Do you know how to pilot something like this?"

The Aspect then turned their head back to regard Leklo.

"Would your friend Stannis let me use his vessel for a mission of great importance?"

OOC: @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini Nui

...prayer not accepted.

Atamai no longer wore the Haonga: all its powers —and weaknesses— were part of him now. So the psychic backlash he was accustomed to felt different this time. It no longer seemed to come from his mask: it emerged instead from every corner of his mind like a multidirectional whisper that grew louder and louder into a shout of pain that echoed off the inside of his skull over and over until his brain throbbed. Flashing lights filled his vision and his heartbeat hammered in his ears. Clenching his eyes shut, he bent over and focused on his breathing to avoid throwing up.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

The Olmak is a restricted mask whose powers cannot be gained or used without prior written approval from the GMs.

• Like 6

With - Whisper, Rahkshi, Life Kraata creation Muaka

Viltia stopped growing as the mists started to interfere with her vision. She let herself shrink just a little bit. The Rahkshi had miraculously dodged all of her attacks, which seemed impossible, so it had to be its power. It twisted and turned with incredible speeds in a blur of motion, but only to avoid the silent bolts of energy from her laser crossbow, never to attack or move normally. That certainly made things more difficult for the Toa of the Green considering most of her attacks were ranged and she felt she wasn’t up to par with elemental Creation in combat.

As the Rahkshi reached Whisper and its blow struck, Viltia’s large mouth shouted, “No! Leave her alone!” The noise echoed across the desolate place. Whisper was too close for Viltia to take more shots safely with her crossbow, so from her elevated position on her tendrils, she sent two of her tethers snaking along the ground, the enlarged appendages moving in front and back of the deadly creature. They were both of them each thicker than any normal sized limb’s circumference. The one in front tried to wrap around the Rahkshi’s lower legs and the one in back tried to wrap around the Rahkshi’s upper arms.

A third tether, which was wrapped around an enlarged Rahkshi Staff of Hunger, swung in from above, trying to whack the Rahkshi hard on the head. Viltia couldn’t focus both on her mask and the Rahkshi staff at once, so it swung down unpowered and just as a physical weapon.

Her Muaka stayed by her side, as commanded.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Eyru

• Like 2

IC: Sidra – The Fau Swamp

Sidra’s early evening meeting with the village leaders hadn’t gone unnoticed, and the settlement awoke abuzz with whispered rumours and furtive conversations.

As Sidra made her way through the village centre, stopping only for a brief breakfast, she picked up on snippets of discussion, uncertain speculation about what mystery news she’d brought to the village leaders last night. Their conjecture only become more chaotic when they saw Sidra descend to the jungle floor, and cross over to the clearing when Wairuha waited.

It had been a week or so since she’d taken the mech out for a walk, and it remained where she’d left it, though she could sense that the spirit within was more awake and aware, perhaps stirred by the roar of the Tahtorak the previous day. The gleaming monolith was down on one knee, its arms and legs encased in the gigantic hardened ironwood trees that Viltia had grown around them to keep the mech from going walkabout.

Sidra loosed a rhotuka from her launcher and rode it up to Wairuha’s shoulder, and from there she clambered into the cockpit. The second she sealed it shut, she felt the mech shudder, warmth and energy pulsing through its form as it awakened fully. And then she was no longer feeling the mech, she was the mech, a towering titan kneeling beneath the treetops. Once she was settled and synced, she drew upon her shadow travel power, sending the mighty mech sinking through its own shadow, to emerge in a place that Sidra had visited only once before, but never forgotten.

It had been more than a month since Sidra and Viltia had discovered the ridge of the long-buried sword blade rising up from the swamp, which – along with the buried foot they’d found previously – Sidra now suspected was part of the wreckage of a Kaita ACR very much like the one she now piloted. Knowing that the machines had existed before, and been destroyed, made her feel ever-so-slightly less confident in Wairuha, but she did her best to set those concerns aside and focus on her current objective. 

The discovery of the sword wasn't the only thing that made this place significant. It was here that she and Viltia had first encountered the Grand Untethered, and it seemed fitting to Sidra to return there one final time before setting off to confront the others.

The clearing was quiet as Wairuha emerged from its shadows, as if a lingering whisper of the evil that had once permeated this place still remained, keeping the local rahi from returning. The sword was right where Sidra had last seen it, shrouded in mud and overgrowth, its chipped blade glimmering dimly in the slivers of sunlight snaking through the canopy.

Curious to see what kind of weapon the buried blade had once been – and find out if there were any further remains around it – Sidra knelt Wairuha down beside the sword, and gently tried to pry it free from the swamp floor. Perhaps the spirit within the mech would know something of the weapon and its former wielder. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

The rahkshi's strike was stopped by the kraata of slow, whose nigh-impenetrable hide made for decent protection. Winds gusted around the aspect as she propelled herself into the attack, and the sheer force of the blow crushed the kraata into Whisper's armor, bending and crumpling the metal around the creature. The kraata itself wasn't particularly happy about being used as a living shield, and it wriggled and yelped in protest, but it was otherwise unharmed. Whisper's armor, on the other hand, had taken some damage. Instead of being perched on the surface of her body, the kraata of slow was now embedded in her armor. Luckily, the damage hadn't actually broken it open. Had she a physical body, the rahkshi's attack would surely have done more damage—it would have left a throbbing bruise at the very least. But, being made of antidermis, she only needed to worry about maintaining the integrity of her armour. Blocking stabs and slashes were her top priority: the force of impact itself was less important. That said, she hadn't realized quite how strong rahkshi were, and she understood that a few more hits like that would crack her armor open like an egg.

She jabbed at the rahkshi with another one of her tendrils. With a hiss, the creature stepped aside to dodge the strike. It seemed to anticipate her approach, twisting its body just enough to avoid the kraata-bearing limb. As her jab missed, the rahkshi grabbed Whisper's tendril behind the kraata and added its strength to her momentum, flinging her away to crash into the ground several bio away.

The aspect dealt with for a moment, the rahkshi turned its attention to Viltia, whose increased size made her difficult to ignore. It stepped back to avoid the tether in front, but it missed the tether that approached from behind. As it raised its staff to strike, it felt the the cool, clammy grasp of the tether as it ensnared one of its arms. The rahkshi shrieked angrily, but it couldn't break free of the tether in time. Its serpentine eyes went wide as it saw the third tether strike down with its staff like a bolt of lightning, aiming for its head.

The rahkshi reached for the tether that bound its arm. Grabbing hold of the slick, silvery limb in its cruel claws, it wrenched the tether up and over its head. Viltia's strike, aimed for the rahkshi, hit her own tether instead. The staff's blade cut deep, half-severing the limb from its owner. Its grip loosened, and the rahkshi managed to rip free. Taking hold of the staff of hunger with one clawed hand, it swung its own staff with the other, aiming to cut off Viltia's third tether and take the weapon for itself.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

IC: Whisper – Kumu Peninsula

The Rahkshi was considerably speedier and stronger than she’d anticipated, and Whisper was realising all too quickly that this form – like her last – was ill-suited for close combat. 

It was a habit that was only growing ever more problematic for her.

She’d always done her best work from a distance, through proxies and servants, letting those who sought her power come to her. But ever since she’d made the choice to seek out the new arrivals, she’d allowed problems and people to become personal. She’d chosen to desecrate Taja with her own heartlight. She’d chosen to stay with her people and ingratiate herself to them. She’d chosen to share a body with Vulimai. She’d chosen to infect the masks of the Matoran. She’d chosen to allow Stannis to desecrate her. She’d chosen to chase shadows and seek understanding. And then she’d chosen to help this near-stranger pursue an unknown goal.

In her haste to choose change, in her determination to defeat this challenger, she’d forgotten the old ways that had made her powerful in the first place. She didn’t need her kraata to kill. She didn’t need to touch something to take its life. She simply needed to give nature a little nudge, and let it take its course. 

So as she floated back up off the ground, she drew upon her power of Insect Control, calling upon the small swarmers that were her preferred servants, the Sand Snipes and Niazesk, to come to her aid. Only a handful arrived at first, rising from the dirt and detritus of the landscape, then more and more from ever further away, coalescing into a small stinging cloud that converged on the Rahkshi, intent on creeping through the cracks and gaps in its faceplate to sting its kraata to death.

Dodge this.

@Eyru @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 2

With - Whisper, Rahkshi, Life Kraata creation Muaka

Ouch! Ow!” Viltia cried out in pain, instinctively retracting her three tethers despite having the opportunity to further seize the Rahkshi. The Rahkshi had tried to grab her Staff of Hunger, but the staff end itself was the size of the Rahkshi’s torso and the tether holding the other end of the staff was out of reach of the Rahkshi’s own staff and it was quickly pulled back after the second tether had been damaged. Viltia hadn’t thought the shape of her own staff would mean it was sharp. Maybe because it had gotten bigger?

But despite an opportunity presenting itself as the Rahkshi was busy attacking instead of defending, Viltia felt pain and immediately went with her prepared plan B. One of the tethers holding her up touched her Muaka. In a moment, her giant form was gone, shrinking to normal size safely in her pocket dimension. Some 25 feet away from the Rahkshi, the Muaka grew tethers.

Secure in the Muaka and no longer having to focus on her Kanohi, Viltia dove into the Green, sensing the grasses in the area and everything they were feeling. Observation came so naturally to her. If only her elemental Creation skills were on par. Whisper looked like she was doing something and not in immediate danger, which allowed Viltia time to think.

Trapping, ensnaring, binding, grabbing. Viltia opened the mental aperture that held back her elemental energy from manifesting. Elemental energy issued forth from her body and Viltia bent it to her will. Starting from her Muaka claws, brownish tan roots burst forth, growing from herself and snaking along the ground much like her tethers just had. But these roots grew and multiplied from themselves in a mesmerizing display, spreading out to form a circle around the Rahkshi of 25 feet in diameter with a five foot hole around the Rahkshi while it was distracted by a ton of bugs that had come out of seemingly nowhere to help them out for some reason. After the circle finished forming, the roots leapt in the air and ran along the ground from all angles and closed the five foot hole, seeking to ensnare the deadly beast. The roots not immediately adjacent to the Rahkshi grew new limbs that reached up into the air, preparing for any form of escape.

The roots themselves were formed of ironwood. A type of wood not so easily cut through. Of course her tethers were as strong as her metal body, which was comparable to ironwood, but Viltia didn’t think of that.

The roots all formed, Viltia was able to now more easily Manipulate them. Manipulation came to her far far more intuitively than Creation. Not to mention that Manipulation used up less elemental energy, which was always good.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Eyru

Location - Eastern Sea

Crucia hesitantly turned off the engine, relative silence falling over the cabin. The only noise that could be heard was breathing and the sound of the waves lapping softly against the side of the boat. This was location attempt number four. The sun was already several hours into the sky and time was running out.

Tarakava loved to attack things near shore. So why couldn’t she find any?

Life, Destiny, Fate, whatever, it all hated her. Her injured leg throbbed at the thought and she gasped, her friends looking over in concern. She waved them off and hobbled through the cabin door out into the briny air. The ocean was so much warmer this close to land and she at least was able to enjoy that. She sat on the railing and let herself fall backwards into the ocean.

She bobbed to the surface and just let herself soak in the water. All her worries slowly ebbed away as she allowed herself time to just be. After a while, she stopped even feeling her leg pain. She hadn’t planned this, but apparently she needed it. Her whole body felt at peace in the warmer waters. She slowly let herself drift off, physically and mentally.

She wasn’t sure how long it was, but she was jolted awake by the sound of wood splintering and the sounds of her friends shouting. There was a sound like rushing water and then another sharp crack as wood was ripped asunder. Crucia flailed around, getting her bearings. Teal and aqua forms swam just under the surface of her ship, pummeling it.

Tarakava!

Crucia shot her Water Harpoon into the side of her ship, the damage minimal compared to what the Rahi were doing. As she was reeling in, she saw her vessel was already listing as it took on water. Crucia really started to panic. This boat kept her alive. Without it, she couldn’t catch fish or store them. That meant no daily quota fulfilled, which meant death by Silver.

Her panic turned to anger at the Tarakava. She caught sight of the aqua one and dove for it. She would impact bash this thing to death just like she had with the Takea. She held up her reloaded Water Harpoon and... was sent careening off, spinning randomly, air stripped from her lungs as the teal Tarakava came from behind and punched her side.

Crucia scrambled for the surface, gasping for air. She tried her best to ignore the pain and looked at her poor vessel. Why had she ever thought it was a good idea to hunt Tarakava? Why?

To live. To gain more power, that’s why.

Crucia felt her stomach flip as she went through potential plans, but she made her decision and dove. The Tarakava approached her vessel again to continue their destruction. As more wood splintered, Crucia made sure the teal one was distracted with the destruction and shot her harpoon into the aqua one’s neck. It jolted in irritation and spun around as Crucia reeled herself in. She knew she couldn’t dodge the swift strike of a Tarakava, so she commanded her element to throw the Tarakava up onto the boat.

The movement of the water was too slow and the Tarakava too swift, but it trying to swim away kept it from attacking her. She latched onto its back and wasted no time blasting Impact Vision into the back of its head. It called out in rage.

No! She needed more time. She frantically looked around. She saw a splash of teal but it was too late. She was struck in her back and painfully crushed into the back of the aqua Tarakava. She managed to hold her breath, but her insides felt rattled. Almost like all her pistons, bolts, and belts had come loose.

Together, these Rahi were too powerful. She needed to separate them. She needed to-

Crucia grabbed the shaft of the harpoon and threw herself from the back of the aqua one right as the teal one stuck again. This time it struck its partner’s back. Crucia hugged the aqua one’s neck, staying under its jaws and out of reach of its gloves. She ducked as the teal one struck again, this time the blow hitting the aqua one in the head. The aqua one bellowed in anger and struck back at its friend. Crucia dislodged her harpoon and swam away using her Cyclone power.

The Tarakava pummeled each other ruthlessly, not caring that they were teammates moments before. Each successful strike only produced more anger in the other Rahi.She watched with happiness as aqua one lost, head caved in and starting to float away. The teal one swam off to nurse its own considerable wounds.

Crucia, this time successfully, deposited the Tarakava onto the deck. Once it was secured, she used her element to remove as much water from her sinking vessel as she could. She was riding high from her victory, but reality came crashing back in as she went over the damage to her boat. She was truly done for. They might not make it back to Silver, let alone someplace to get repairs with widgets they didn’t have.

At least the engine started. Her boat started to limp to the rendezvous. Crucia went over to her friends. She needed advice. The Tarakava had given her an idea and she desperately hoped it might help them.

Added Crucia.
  • Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamp

Wairuha bent down and pulled on the hilt of the broken blade, the fetid waters sloshing around its thighs. The swamp held firm, but with the great strength of the Kaita spirit Sidra and her ACR pulled it free. Branches and roots fell from the broken blade as Wairuha beheld it in the rising light of early afternoon. The light glittered off parts of the metal, but other parts were corroded and pitted from age, neglect, and the waters of the swamp. The hilt was sturdy, big enough to be held comfortably with one hand. The blade itself was once longer, but the tip had snapped off during some ancient conflict. The sword served well as a one handed weapon. The guard was large and bulky. There was a soft green gleam to the weapon, as if flakes of glittering crystal were placed with elemental forging into the edge itself. 

Wairuha knew it well. It was not Wairuha’s blade, nor the blade of any Kaita ACR. It was a blade for those who worked in the shadows, those who would rend spirit and flesh apart in flayed agony. They brought darkness where they walked, and this blade was a symbol of their mastery over the souls of others. Broken, but still functional, Wairuha considered whether such a weapon should still exist.

OOC: congratulations! @Gecko Greavesy you’ve identified a new kaita weapon. 

Darkbringer Blade: this blade possesses the ability to manipulate and control the element of shadow at the level of the wielder. The wielder must consciously focus on this one power above all others while using it. As an ancillary effect, this weapon heals the wielder by draining a portion of elemental light when it wounds someone. This ancillary effect does not require conscious focus.

You can add it to the Kini-Nui Suva if you so choose.

• Like 4

Happy chat.

“A pity,” said the armor. “You think you are alone, but you walk with many friends: pain, shadow, neglect, anxiety. You have a hunger in you for greatness, but you feel ashamed to have never achieved it. Yes,” the armor paused in speaking, the masked face growing closer to the red ring Korruhn stared back through. Where the eyes should be was nothing but shifting mist. It continued to speak; “Yes, you are not alone. You are wormfood already.”

OOC: @Crimson Jester

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC Mahrika - The Suva of Fire

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran nodded, if they all were going one at a time, that should be fine, “Okay, I will go first.” she said, reaching behind her to make sure her new sword was secured. That Flame Sword will be little use against Toa Kas, a Toa of Fire would have resistance to heat, and the Aqua Sphere was covered in water. Still, it was something. 

Then she reached through her mind to Tuakana, “Brother, if this Toa betrays us, and I am stranded … is there anything you will need me to do in this Aqua Sphere?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

5 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamp

Wairuha knew it well. It was not Wairuha’s blade, nor the blade of any Kaita ACR. It was a blade for those who worked in the shadows, those who would rend spirit and flesh apart in flayed agony. They brought darkness where they walked, and this blade was a symbol of their mastery over the souls of others. Broken, but still functional, Wairuha considered whether such a weapon should still exist.

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

"Hello beautiful," she said to herself, giving the blade an experimental swing that inadvertently sent a half-dozen branches crashing to the swamp floor. She'd hoped digging up the sword might lay her curiosity to rest, but instead it had only left her with more questions. The only creatures of shadow she knew of existing in this world were Aspects... so did this mean that they had Kaita ACRs as well? Had the Grand Untethered been here to retrieve the sword?

Whatever the origin of the blade, she had little use for it right now, and so she sent it to the Suva for later inspection.

For a moment, Sidra was tempted to postpone her plans and continue to explore the swamps, perhaps revisit the location where she and Viltia had discovered the buried foot, but there would be time for that later. The Untethered had already had a month to regather their strength, and there was no sense in giving them any more time to amass their army. 

It was time for Sidra to face her fate.

The shadows rippled around Wairuha again, and the mech vanished from the swamp. 

• Like 5

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale's feet touched down on the floor of the Taku. From the sounds of it, she'd be getting that jetpack soon. She noticed there were some unfamiliar faces among the crew as she began climbing the stairs to the bridge. "We take on more crew?" she asked. "Good to have more helping hands, just hope they're ready for this."

@BULiK

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - Come Fly With Me

"Funny you should ask... I am familiar with the processes involved, but actually flying it..." Ostrox rubbed the part of his shoulder Parnassus touched, as if he were scrubbing it clean of something. "Well. It was designed by Matoran. How hard can it be?"

@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Hello, Goodbye

Ulkarr entered the temple, and not waiting for whatever automated garbage the Administrator’s faulty programming had synthesized for him, marched into the portal to Kini-Koro.

@Unreliable Narrator@Harvali

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - A Relic of the Past

"Whoa." Klawne had forgotten just how big Kaita were. "You are now quite tall... are you all feeling quite alright?"

@Vezok's Friend@Onaku@Tarn@Snelly@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 2

IC: Sanso - Taku

"I'm Sanso. Proficient in, uhh, well, I can look after myself mostly. And don't worry, I won't break anything."

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Prasral - Tobduk-Koro

A Tahtorak!?

Prasral listened silently to the automatons and the councilors as they spoke of aid.

OOC: @Harvali @Toru Nui

Edited by NorikSigma
  • Like 2

The rahkshi’s metal body crunched into the stonework and vines, glass windows beneath blossoming with cracks and fissures from the impact. The rahkshi held onto the vines on the side of the tower, then quickly scanned the surroundings for another safe place to travel. With a soft pop of air filling space once occupied by mass the rahkshi disappeared and reappeared in its new location. Teleportation was a tricky power, made harder by the constant application of Sorilax’s other abilities. For now he was confident in his abilities of remote observation, obfuscation, and surveillance. However, not even Sorilax could imagine such powers were endless.

When the rahkshi clung to the building, Sorilax noticed the interior had a metal staircase descending between floors, along with a sloping ramp that cork-screwed around the outside wall. Now, on the ground, Sorilax noticed a long and thick bundle of wires winding through the ruins of the district. The bundle of wires was guarded by more of those two-legged creatures he’d seen earlier, but they were walking on all fours and using their staff-like tools as improvised appendages for their forearms -- curious!

OOC @Kal the Guardian, edited per our conversation

• Like 2

Happy chat.

On 3/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale's feet touched down on the floor of the Taku. From the sounds of it, she'd be getting that jetpack soon. She noticed there were some unfamiliar faces among the crew as she began climbing the stairs to the bridge. "We take on more crew?" she asked. "Good to have more helping hands, just hope they're ready for this."

@BULiK

On 3/20/2021 at 10:50 PM, NorikSigma said:

IC: Sanso - Taku

"I'm Sanso. Proficient in, uhh, well, I can look after myself mostly. And don't worry, I won't break anything."

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku

"Great, that's what I like to hear, Sanso," Knichou told the Le-Toa with a nod as he pulled a lever to start closing the boarding ramp doors. After seeing the airship's frame seal behind him, the Nynran followed Nale up the staircase to the upper deck.

"We take on more crew?" she asked as the duo ascended. "Good to have more helping hands, just hope they're ready for this."

"Apparently. You know how great the Taku is at getting people's attention..."

The Fa-Toa and Fe-Toa walked around the communal table and into the bridge. So many meetings had happened in the past month it was hard to imagine that table and their shared office not being the bridge.

"I hope all of us are ready for this," he admitted with the two of them alone.

The door to the bridge opened, and Berys looked back as the Toa entered.

"Thanks for the pickup, Berys. Vulimai wants us to fly directly into that maelstrom and get eyes on the beast," Knichou explained. He pointed out the windshield, which was now a river in the midst of a fierce battle with a few inadequate motorized wipers.

"We're gonna be in the splash zone here so let's try to keep ourselves high up where it can't reach us. We're also here for recon, so I don't want to upset this thing prematurely. I've dealt with enough Kane-Ra dung from Vulimai lately and I don't need any more."

With the machine at the Le-Matoran's command, the Taku began to fly towards the darkest clouds to the west of Kini-Nui. There was a constant patter echoing throughout the ship as thousands of rain drops pummeled the hull. Those near the open sections of hull at occupied hardpoints got their fair share of wind and rain aimed in their general direction. As the Taku flew further into the storm, all of this intensified, and Berys had to slightly increase the levitation power to keep stable. The winds fought their hardest to keep the Taku off course but with the thrusters online, Berys could adjust course to keep the airship from drifting along at the whims of the air currents. With the Taku's generators performing admirably, all of these systems were at the pilot's full command.

Knichou connected his armor's microphone to the ship's intercom and made some announcements for all in the airship to hear.

"Okay everybody, we're here to observe, so don't fire unless I give the order. This also means I want Arnex and Navu on the floodlights on the upper deck looking for this thing. We're going to get a bead on this big guy and follow him until we're sure he's not a threat. If he becomes a threat, well, that's why we have the electro-rocket turrets."

Arnex waved for Sanso and Navu to follow her upstairs. She went to the port side floodlight and pulled a lever to have the hull paneling in front of it unseal itself and move out of the way with a motorized whirr. She flicked a switch and the intense beam of light poured from the massive lens, cutting through the dark fog below them to illuminate the ground. She played with a nearby joystick that rotated the device, making the beam sweep over a portion of the ground in a smooth motion.

"You get the other side, Navu." Arnex ordered. After the other matoran had done so, Arnex turned to the Le-Toa. "Sanso, maybe play Navu some music? She's looking a bit worried and perhaps you can help with that."

OOC: Taku flying towards and just below Nektann's clouds, floodlights searching the ground for a better view of the Tahtorak in the low light of dusk.

Edited by BULiK
switched arnex and navu around to make sense for toru's post in the future
  • Like 7

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere

Sorilax noted the inner workings of the tower in the split second before he looked down. Simple inner stairs with an outer ramp. Once on the ground, he noticed cords of wire running hither and forth through the abandoned and sunken city, with the new species sprinkled around it moving in patrolling patterns. He pondered what was going on and how they were able to twist their bodies that way, but only for a moment before he moved into the ruined tower. His business lay not with the new inhabitants of the Aqua Sphere, but the hidden secrets of the sphere itself.

Updated to reflect changed UN post above.
  • Like 1

IC: [Nixie,  Po-Kou Shelter]

As Nixie watched her would-be saviors, a feeling of unease crept over all the afflicted. Clouds, heavy with the threat of rain, drifted by outside now and they all had the sense of danger, even if far away still. They could all feel it and their Rahi-instincts told them the best course of action would be to find shelter. A cave, a burrow...something.

But what was left of their Matoran identity told them to stay put. This was a shelter. Help was here. If they ran they would be helpless and on their own. That was the last thing they needed right now. No, if they ran outside their time would run out too and they would stay like this forever. Despite her very being protesting against staying put, Nixie forced herself to do just that and she looked to Vhisola, who did the same.

The other duo of Matoran with them however, so far kept in check by Klawne’s stern guidance, were not as strong-willed. They did not have as many prior dealing with Toa and beings other than Matoran. Yes these people here said they wanted to help, but to them they were practically strangers. The sense of foreboding, coupled with the sight of the Toa beginning to merge, their forms twisting and growing in size pushed them right over the edge again.

The Turaga could feel them bolt from her side with a snarl, the afflicted frantically searching for an exit, with no regard for furniture or anything else in their way for that matter…

Edited by Vezok's Friend
Somehow I keep picturing Po-Kou much closer to Kini Koro than it apparently is. Fixed now, sorry for any confusion.
  • Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC “Komisti” - Stone Ruins of Tobduk-Koro

The Vortixx approached the guards outside the Ruins of Stone, calling out, “Listen, we may have refugees pouring in from Kini-Nui, be prepared to let them through. Those of you who have skill making tents—

Why should we listen to you, schemer?

Komisti winced, feeling the hilt of their blade. Finally they said, “The Vahki intercepted a message from Kini-Koro, a storm is growing. They have spotted the rain demon.

The guards both Matoran and other breeds spun to the ruins, their heartlights flashing. “I … we will prepare to adopt our brothers and sisters,” the De-Matoran guard nodded, clutching his Disk of Weakening so tightly it seemed to vibrate from pressure.

Komisti nodded, looking to another guard, a Steltian. “I … I may need your help. My Kanoka Blade should help me freeze any water that passes through the … portal, if the water grows too violent, I will need help resisting it.” The Big Bruiser nodded and she followed after them, hurrying towards the ruins.

As they ran through the ruins to the portal, a bolt of fiery light hurled from the ruin, nearly singing the pair. “Stay back,” a shaky voice said. Komisti strained to see them, there was nothing, there, that pair of bright torches, they were an Av--Matoran’s hands. Their Desecrated Mask was just about visible underneath their hood.

Avka, right?” interrupted the Big Bruiser, her pickaxe relaxed, “It’s okay, I am a guard too. We are here to help refugees.

Refugees? Wh-what is happening in Kini-Koro?

The Rain Demon has been spotted by Kini-Koro.” Avka almost fainted at the Vortixx’s words, slumping against the wall. Their heartlight was a flashing mess, blazing in uneven spurts. Komisti ran to them, offering their hand. “It is okay, I will help keep the rain away.

The Desecrated Av-Matoran nodded with an unfocused look, before their optics narrowed with memory. They grabbed Komisti’s hand and hauled themself upright, managing. “The … the Ruins, the Administrator claimed that a new room of the ruins had opened, one that can be used to fight monsters. It … it may help against the rain demon.

Komisti made an unpracticed smile, holding out their fist for Avka to thump. Without thinking the Matoran thumped their hand, as the Vortixx called out, “Admin, the ruins, is that true? Can this temple be used against the Rain demon that destroyed Po-Koro?

OOC: @Sparticus147 just tagging you since we are preparing for refugees. @Vezok's Friend not sure which mod I should tag for the Stone Ruins Admin, so here you go.

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone shuddered as the three Toa fused into one, their bodies unfolding and disconnecting like molten iron splashing and melding into a puddle. She stumbled, just as she heard snarls of fear. The Matoran, of course the sight of a Kaita would terrify them.

But, if they fled, they could be lost to, consumed by the vanishing, the Skakdi, or the Rain Demon. She … these Matoran had fled the dying island, but that did not matter. She could only account for her own sins, and make amends for her actions. And her penance was to serve.

Swallowing Kardaka unclamped a few of her pouches and focused her now limited Elemental powers. small pebbles and chunks of stones floated out of her bags, whirling in front of the sick Matoran. She attempted to coral them away from the exits, using the rocks to scratch mildly at them like a swarm of flies. As she tried to keep them inside she began to waddle other, to prepare to use her long pinching staff to further coral them. 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali