Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sidra – Metru-Koro

The searing sun sliced through the fetid morning mists of the moat around Metru Nui as it rose steadily into the sky, casting long shadows through the shattered shanties and sand-strewn structures of what had once been the ill-conceived settlement of Metru-Koro.

Those shadows rippled and roiled as the great glacial shape of Wairuha rose up from amidst them, battering abandoned buildings, and scattering showers of sand and displaced debris in its wake. The sight that greeted Sidra when she surveyed the terrain around her mech was an unexpected one. The last time she’d been near here, the moat had been centred around Metru Nui, with an expansive swathe of sand between the skull and the settlement. But now the waters were lapping at the village’s very edge, the moat bloated and billowing well beyond its old boundaries. Was this linked to the channel she'd heard about earlier, where rising water had cut through the continent?

Backing away a little to ensure she was standing on firm ground, and extending her psionic senses to search for any minds nearby – she remembered how the Grand Untethered had first attacked from beneath the swamp – she summoned the Suva Kaita’s flail into Wairuha’s hand, and roared her challenge to the wretched wraiths that waited beneath the waves.

“Untethered! Mata Nui! Come forth and face me!”

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini Nui

The rains fell harder, although it had not seemed possible a moment ago that they could. Here and there, trees on the mountainsides toppled over, the soil not deep enough to anchor their roots against the onslaught. Grass and sod, borne on water, began to slide down the hill of the Kini Nui—the beginnings of a mudslide. The simple huts and shacks of Kini-Koro held mostly firm, but their hastily-constructed roofs were not designed for such a deluge. Those within the shelters quickly placed pots and jars under the leaks that were beginning to reveal themselves. But the drips and splashes of falling water were drowned out by the sound of the storm outside. The rain's falling sounded like the applause of a thousand hands. The wind howled through the valley, and now and again its song was backed by the deep boom of thunder. All evidence pointed toward the presence of the tahtorak, but the creature itself could not be seen. The dark clouds hung low, obscuring even the tops of the mountains that surrounded the valley, and everything within the valley was veiled by sheets of lashing rain.

A silhouette at the center of his storm, Nektann could not be seen. He continued to move southeast, skirting the edge of the valley.

IC: Tuakana, Axxon | Great Telescope

Seek the disks, they said in silent reply to Mahrika. Without them, all is lost.

IC: Kas | Great Telescope

"Great," Kas said, taking Mahrika's hand in a firm grip.  "Hold on tight."

Looking up the sphere in the sky that could just now be seen glittering like a glass marble in the blue, he activated his mask. The pair vanished, leaving only a puff of dust in their wake.

They reappeared high in the empty sky, the wind whipping around them, the air instantly cold. Kas held Mahrika's hand tightly, and teleported again. This time, they appeared on the surface of the great glass sphere. It was frosted by the cold. The inside was smeared with moisture and plant life. The pair began to skid down the side of the sphere, legs and hands scrabbling for a handhold but finding nothing. Kas examined the glass as they slid down, trying to find a space to peer through and see the interior. He must have found it, for suddenly they vanished for the third time. They reappeared within the sphere, splashing down into a shallow pond of cool water.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

The rahkshi moved on Whisper again, Vitia's thorned creations following at a slower pace. Insects and mites began to land on its armor, skittering over the metal carapace and searching for a way in. Their stingers were useless against the armor, but the kraata was not so invulnerable to strings and bites. It shook off as many as it could as it advanced upon the aspect. Its speed belied its strength; it was upon her in an instant, swinging its staff again with deadly intent.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Gecko Greavesy @Harvali 

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 4

IC: Whisper – Kini-Nui

The Aspect offered the Rahkshi no chance to reach her. As the beast's bladed staff blurred towards her, Whisper unleashed a brutal blast from her Vacuum Kraata, propelling herself backwards, and hopefully sending the Rahkshi careening in the opposite direction... back towards the Toa's snares. 

@Eyru @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

Mahrika had never teleported before, she had just been a weaver before the Skakdi ruined her island and slaughtered her tribe. And after that, she was in hiding for millennia. She had never had the opportunity, the bulk of her connection to power over her lifespan was an unusual resistance to the cold.

So as the Desecrated Ga-Matoran was wrenched from the ground with Toa Kas, she felt her gears and guts lurch violently. It was as if she had been punched hard in the gut, sending her tumbling down a stairway. Her optics were closed right as she felt her whole body shudder.

Then there was another lurch, and she fell to the puddle in a daze. Shakily she pulled herself up on her long arms, and retched. Shakily she tried to shout out “Never again!” but she barely managed out a gravely wheeze, certainly nothing resembling words.

After a time she shakily climbed out of the puddle, drawing her Flame Sword both to protect herself and to lean on it, still shaken from the “flight.” As she held herself upright her telescopic lens began to focus, searching the terrain around here. What was this floating landscape like?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

On 2/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, Gecko Greavesy said:

IC: Marrow (and minions) – Irnakk’s Tooth

[...]

Merging powers with Hakkzan beside him, Marrow summoned hundreds of thorny tangles of fireroot – a durable plant made up of thick, fireproof vines – which erupted upwards from the cracks and crevices in the walls and floor of the tunnel right behind Korio. They lashed like vipers towards the elemental auras of the approaching Yumiwak and Zai, intent on ensnaring any extremity they could entangle to pull the pair away from each other, and apart.

It was Marrow's hope that if he could just eliminate or maim one or two of the attackers, it might be enough to dissuade the others from continuing their attack. But if they continued their advance, he had little choice left but to retreat into the chamber and gamble with the new knowledge Irnakk had gifted him. Even if that carried the risk of loosing more monsters upon the island.

Even if it meant becoming one himself. 

IC Yumiwak + Zai | Irnakk's Tooth

Once Zataka and Korio had given me the assurances that they were accounted for and still breathing I wasted no time in moving up ahead myself. Zai—bless her ### #### heart—needed the help, and I would rather cut my hand off with a spoon and use a hook instead than see any of my crew lose their life merely for my mission's sake. Sacrifice was to be expected, but it ought to come from leadership first, and the promise I gave earlier that we would all enter this volcano and come back out together was still super fresh in my mind. "Come on, Zai," I commanded and forcefully pulled my crewmate by her arm after me.

I ran at a murderous pace and jostled over debris and decrepit traps that had been laid in my path, but despite my bounding steps and my shaky vision I caught more movement at my sides. My as-yet unseen enemies had raised one more obstacle against me, it seemed, and I slowed my pace enough to get a better read on what they were doing. Smoke and dust stained my grinning teeth, grit of earth seeped through to my tongue, and it looked like the whole cave's walls grew spindly arms to ensnare us with. Serpentine roots and vines with wicked barbs like fangs swept for our bodies from all directions, and once I realizing that was the ploy being used and that being slow would only make it easier for these vines to snag either of us I picked up the pace again. 

For a short while—just a few steps, in reality—we dodged and dashed effectively, but it did not stay that way. Zai yelped in surprise and I could feel her grip slacken as our arms grew taut. She'd been caught, and vine upon vine wasted no time in latching onto her like tentacles from an octopus greedily drowning its prey with suckers. Zai tried to free herself with the last reserves of elemental fire she had in her, drawing from our weakening physical connection as she was pulled away from me, but to both our dismays the flames flicked harmlessly off the plantlife, serving only to immulinate their writhing, spindly shadows like shadow puppetry of a pit of snakes on the walls of the cave, and then we lost our touch and the connection was lost. Fireroot, I wearily suspected in the wake of the ineffectual fires. I couldn't go on alone, not with Zai about to be torn apart limb from limb by the bloodthirsty Mesi's contraptions, and I could already feel another mass of the roots coming for me as well—I needed to act fast, but without my elemental prowess to batter the vines away I had to use more conventional tactics. 

I heaved the cordak launcher up to bear and fired away with liberal target acquisition, first at the ground and then to the walls (but not the ceiling). Fire and flame couldn't hurt the plants, but explosions could dissipate them and tear them from their perches like weeds tossed aside. Each of my five projectiles hit their vaguely-discerned marks, forcing vines to retreat in writhing limpness or be shredded by the rocking explosions that reverberated up and town the corridors. Once Zai suddenly became free again I yanked her back to her feet and once again pulled her behind me, this time urging her to get away from the vines which slung and stabbed into her like burrs. "We're almost there!" I hollered as we cleared the last of the passage to the open space beyond. The cordak launcher reslung itself to its place on my back and I held my carbine in my free hand again, ready to shoot the brains out of any Mesi who charged at me next.

And then we were there, in the sanctum of the Tooth, the open ledge within the caldera, the holiest of Irnakk's domain, and the birthplace of the Riteborn. But we were not alone. With Zai back at my side the full power of my psionic abilities were at my disposal again, and I unleashed them with a devastating mental blast that targeted the Mesi brains around me with an overriding command accompanied by excruciating pain, until all they could feel and think were the torturing words coursing through their minds like flashing neon signs right in front of their faces: 

{SIT. DOWN.}

I leveled my sights on the nearest Mesi. 

{Or else.}

@Gecko Greavesy 

• Like 3

IC: Marrow (and minions) – Irnakk’s Tooth

Ysocla’s hopes for bringing a swift end to Opal’s life had been dashed long before she brought her blade down for the blow.

What she saw as the blind flailing of a desperate, disoriented opponent was actually a deliberate defence. In raising her arms over her head, Opal had negated her opponent’s ability to strike her directly from above, while the shield on her left arm and the fact the attacker still stood on the right also meant a strike on that side would be difficult, and easily deflected. That meant her attacker – whose decision to slash rather than stab her during the surprise attack gave some indication of her preferred fighting style – could only try to hit her on her right side.

Opal turned her head to face that direction, and at the whistling whoosh of sword slicing through air, she released a blast of her impact power, intending to batter the weapon away from her, and potentially even out of her opponent’s hand.

Meanwhile, the acrid scent of burning earth stung Marrow’s nostrils as Korio’s beam of blistering heat battered the barrier, incinerating the intricate tendrils of plantlife that Marrow had woven within the packed soil. He could feel the heat radiating through the dwindling dirt, feel its sting against his armour and skin as part of the blast passed unimpeded through the hole Zataka’s earlier attack had left. He recoiled from the searing sensation with a snarl, but before he could contemplate a countermove, the explosions began, the reverberating roar of rockets tearing his vines from their roots more swiftly than he could replenish or reinforce them. Someone shouted, something slammed into him – Hakkzan, his infrared vision allowing him to see what Marrow could no longer hear over the other explosions – and then the barrier behind which they sheltered evaporated into ash as Zataka's Cordak rounds made impact. A gristly cloud of dirt and debris engulfed the tunnel, showering the surrounds with smouldering soil. In the wake of the detonation, the last of the vines that had been moving to ensnare Yumiwak and Zai fell flopped to the floor, freed from the Mesi’s control.

Ears ringing, skin stinging, Marrow felt hands helping him up, dim voices calling to him. He recognised the auras of Scarrow and Weaver, having finally recovered from the lightning strike, pulling him the last few bio around the corner and into the final chamber. He could still sense Hakkzan back by what remained of the barrier, sprawled on the floor, still clinging to life, but injured and immobile. Opal was further away, still engaged with her opponent, the pair having been far enough from the epicentre of the blast to emerge largely untouched.

Marrow couldn’t find the strength to protest or pull away, too crushed by the despair closing in, crushing at him. His strategy had turned against him. He’d expected filling the tunnel with lava to eliminate or incapacitate at least some of the opposing party, perhaps drive the rest to retreat, but instead every single one of them had survived, mostly unscathed, and now he and his followers were fish in a barrel. As he was driven into the final chamber, Marrow knew he and his companions be facing a firing squad with nowhere to run, evade, or take cover.

That left only one option.

One chance to save his people.

Or ensure that some part of him lived on to honour them.

But before he could act on the thought, he was struck yet again, the sudden assault from the Ce-Skakdi cracking across his consciousness like the whips that had once forced him to work.

SIT. DOWN.

The hands supporting him fell away as Scarrow and Weaver suddenly sunk to the floor, strained gasps escaping them as they struggled to deny their assailant the satisfaction of their screams. Marrow felt his own legs begin to buckle, as much from physical fatigue as the psionic compulsion. But he fought with every fibre of his fractured psyche to hold his ground, to stand against the words as he’d once stood against the boots and batons that had tried to beat him down so long ago.  

Or else.

Despite the strain, despite the pain, Marrow couldn’t stop himself from laughing aloud at the joke. These warskaks had fired at the Mesi on sight, without provocation or offer of negotiation. They had made it clear from the moment of their arrival that there was no mercy to be found with them. The only choice the Mesi had left to them was whether they were to die on their feet or their knees. And Marrow had spent time enough with knees bent and back bowed, beholden to the demands of others. Not again. Never again.

Through decades of denigration, centuries of suffering, and millenia of misery, he had earned the right to stand. 

And so Marrow made his choice.

Witness me, Apex, he cast the thought out into the ether, hoping the Aspect was able to hear it, and spare a moment to watch whatever happened next through his eyes. He knew she couldn’t help him – she didn’t yet possess the power to leap to his shadow – but she could still bear witness to what become of him, whether he was fated for failure or success.  

“Enough of this!” Marrow bellowed, brandishing his macuahuitl at the Ce-Skakdi. He knew he was a haggard sight, his armour streaked with soot and scorchmarks, his pale skin blackened and blotched with burns, blood, and bruises. His wounded left hand was curled against his chest, while his weapon hung loosely from the sweat-slicked fingers of his right. But still he stood, fangs flashing and frills unfurled, as he faced his foe. “I, Marrow of the Mesi, challenge your champion to single combat!”

And with those words, it was done, though none besides him knew it.

He had issued a challenge of ritual combat within Irnakk’s Tooth.

He had invoked the Rite of the Tahtorak.

There was no going back.

@EmperorWhenua @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

• Like 3

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Rahkshi, Life Kraata creation Muaka

The living carpet of ironwood roots three inches thick writhed on top of the basalt ground as the entire 25 foot diameter circle undulated after the Rahkshi as it went after Whisper, the entire surface area of the circle full of grasping root ends that reached out for the EP born creature. The roots moved with haste, directed by Viltia from inside her Muaka a safe distance away. The ones closest to the Rahkshi suddenly grew longer to add even more speed to their movements as several wooden tendrils drew close enough to once again try to surround and ensnare the deadly beast.

OOC: @Eyru @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Tagged wrong person.
  • Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Whakamahu - Ko-Pou shelter

"Stop."

Before the pebbles and rocks could hit the afflicted, they stopped in mid-air, held at bay by an invisible force. Likewise, the afflicted would find themselves held back by something cushiony, a push that didn't hurt them if they struggled against it. The Kaita turned around to Kardaka, raising a hand and looking at the Turaga with pale golden eyes that had no malice or anger to them, only care and understanding. The voice they spoke with wasn't loud or imposing, but it was easily heard and resolute.

"Let me."

Simultaneously, as the afflicted were held in the gentle psionic grasp, they could feel an immense yet oddly comforting presence touch upon their minds, six eyes all filled with compassion looking in upon their psyche.

Be not afraid. We are here to help.

They could feel something reaching for them, though it did not intrude. They had to give their permission, to accept it, for it was only offered.

You have fought this battle on your own for too long.

If they were barely keeping their head above a tumultuous ocean, then this mental presence was a hand reaching out to them to pull them out of it. 

Let us aid you now.

All they had to do was accept it.

@Vezok's Friend@Harvali@Toru Nui@Tarn@Snelly

• Like 5

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale peered out the windshield into the raging storm that was now surrounding the airship. The Fa-Toa couldn't a recall a time she'd ever seen weather this bad, this...aggressive. Even with the Taku's floodlights, it was difficult to make anything out within the massive thunderstorm and the fog below it.

"So do we just keep searching until we bump right into this thing?"

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose waited with anticipation for the fire order from Knichou. From within the ball turret, she could sense the body heat of those on board--and something nearby, difficult to place within the weather, but very warm. Very big.

She smiled. Her grip on the weapon tightened. If the Toa of Fire had to walk away from this without getting to fire a shot, she'd be very disappointed.

@BULiK

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

The rain had started to come down, and come down hard, the pitter-patter of the drops against the window Jutori was looking out of becoming a loud clatter. Thunder boomed and he could feel the vibration through his bed. "Karzahni...it's getting pretty bad out there. It's like...Po-Koro again. I..."

The Toa of Gravity tried getting up again, the memories of Matoran getting swept away and him standing against a mudslide clinging to those he could barely rescue coming to mind. The silhouette of some great beast lumbering by them like they were insignificant as dust. "...I need to go. I need...to help."

@The UltimoScorp

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ehlek | Mi-Kiri

the contents of his drink coated the floor in a shimmer.

"Clean it up," Ehlek stated. The turaga obeyed. Ehlek looked again at the message he'd received from the would be king of Metru-Nui. Aurax was leaving??? 

"Interesting," Ehlek muttered to himself, and then sent a reply;

My timeline has been escalating. Please deliver fresh samples tonight.

Ehlek considered if he would add Aurax to the pool of sample candidates. Could the toa handle being broken into a fractured whole?

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: NU-8020S, Achro and Navu (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku) - Turn the Lights Off

Navu went for the floodlight as ordered, shining it on the darkness below.

NU-8020S remained as still as only a machine could be, silently awaiting target data. Achro meanwhile, could barely hide his anticipation, his feet fidgeting, his breathing erratic, and his fingers drumming across the controls of his weapon, though he was careful not to actually press anything.

@BULiK@Tarn@Snelly@NorikSigma

IC: Enra, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro) - XXL

"OK, uh... I know something about this... this Tahtorak. We don't usually get 'em on Zakaz, unless... it's a Riteborn, I think."

"'Riteborn'?"

"A monster made by some nutjob playing around in Irrnak’s Teeth. Results of ritual sacrifice and dark magic. Whoever made it is clearly the bad guy, as good people don’t get involved in that stuff, it’s all inherently evil and corrupt. I heard that the little sand circle in the ruins can affect them, somehow." Enra went off on what she remembered from both her mum’s stories and what she heard in back in the ruins, hoping it would be helpful.

Wayward shook his head a little, before responding. "Illogical. Irrational... but not impossible." He conceded.

"We cannot rely on sorcery!" Lawful protested.

"It is only natural that we combat the unknown with the unknown."

"We were not programmed to account for 'magic'. We must follow the instructions of the Akiri."

"Must we, now?"

@Harvali@NorikSigma

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Airspace, The Taku

Knichou contorted his face in thought at Nale's question. It was a valid concern - the storm had grown even worse than earlier and visibility was low.

"I'll be honest, I was expecting finding a giant monster to be less of a problem."

He ordered Berys to cut the thrusters, and the pilot complied, with the airship now sitting still inside the storm, at the whim of air currents. Best to not rush into what they couldn't see. Berys cautiously watched his dials and the various camera feeds showing the world outside of the ship. Outside, it was growing even darker, and the only hopes of identifying anything came with the sweeping motions of the light beams from the Taku's floodlight stations as they sliced through the thick fog.

After looking at these screens for a moment, Knichou activated the intercom. His voice was broadcast throughout every station on the ship, with nearby communications panels lighting up to indicate a message that could be responded to.

"Does anybody detect any movement? We're having trouble finding this thing in the storm up here, the Taku's radar isn't calibrated for giant lizard."

While awaiting any reports from his crew, the commander flipped a switch to broadcast over the radio.

"Vulimai, this is Taku Actual, we're in the storm searching for a visual on the... thing... over."

He turned to his partner and gave a shrug. He hadn't expected monster hunting to be this... silent. It was awkward, in a way, if one forgot about the tension in the air that was as thick as the clouds around them. There was no music, no reverie announcing their exploits, no speech to give to rally the troops. Just the white noise of rain pattering against the hull mixed with the clanging of levitation engines and the soft hum of the radar spinning around endlessly, the analog display's rotating green bar appearing as lost as its owner was.

Edited by BULiK
added radio
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Arkius - Spiriah’s Labyrinth

Arkius could feel his nerves burning away, leaving his entire body utterly numb. His flesh charred and blackened, his mechanical parts warped and cracked, his body was in one of the sorriest states it had ever been to his memory. He couldn’t feel his body. But he could feel the earth around him, feel the earth resting against his mangled frame and singed flesh. As much as he could, he wrapped his ruined body in a sterile earthen cast, protecting it until it could begin to heal. With his earth senses stretched out, he could feel where he was, and where he was going. He could also feel something pursuing him, and gaining on him. Lastly, he could feel something dragging at him from the earthitself, something indirectly influencing it to hinder him. He could feel it, the gaps between the granules of earth tugging on it. 

Drawing further and further from the confusing influence of Spiriah, and forcing himself to process what he was sensing despite the difficulty he felt at just thinking, Arkius recognised the culprit. Shadows, formed in the space within the earth itself, the emptiness between the earthen grains, allowing one with power over them to affect his element indirectly from inside. If he had the mental capacity at the moment, he’d have taken offense, but all he could afford right now was to troubleshoot. Ever further from Spiriah, though his momentum slowed from the Aspect's insidious influence, Arkius was afforded enough clarity to realise something. If the gaps allowed shadows, then to eradicate the gaps would eradicate the shadows as well.

Slowly at first, but gradually picking up in pace, the granules of earth around Arkius began compacting, compressing upon each other until the space between them was negligible to non-existent. This continued outwards, great swathes around and ahead of him compacting into a nigh impenetrable lane of hyper-compressed earth, allowing little to no manipulation of it from the inside by any other element than earth itself. And then these lanes split, multiple branches of compacted earth forming into multiple directions as far as Arkius’ considerable influence stretched, and the signature motion anyone with sufficient elemental sense could feel carrying the Toa through the earth split equally across all lanes, identical movement throughout them all carrying off into wildly different directions, some diagonally away and upward from the Aspect's chamber, a couple straight upward toward the surface, and a couple even diverging downwards into the depths below.

@Eyru

• Like 3

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi rubbed his mask, the Vahki were … it was a bit hard to focus, their many fast voices, the anger or frustration. It … his heartlight pounded as pressure built in his body’s piping. The cross-wired Fe-Matoran massaged his head, he had … had had to help Kini-Koro, as well as Tobduk-Koro. And that meant dealing with the … Tahtarok. The rain demon that sank Po-Koro

Finally Enra’s words registered in his head. For a split second he was relieved, then the last few months caught up with him. Between Mata-Nui and Stannis he … he could not blindly trust in magic, the Vahki were not wrong. But his visions did bring the villagers here, and … and he could not afford to dismiss this circle and it’s stones.

The Councilor cleared his throat, “R-Right I…” he cleared his throat, trying to focus, “It would be easy to trust in vague magic, or dismiss it as nonsense but I … lives are on the line. We cannot depend solely on magic, but we cannot afford to dismiss it. We … we need to alert Kini-Koro of these stones, and study the ones inside our ruins. Maybe they are science, maybe magic, maybe something in between. Maybe they are nothing. But we need something to … we cannot risk dismissing a resource that could save us.

Enra, can you come with me to the radio tower, so we can try to alert Kini-Koro to a potential resource they could use, as well as coordinate aid for them. Vahki, would one of you be willing to head into the ruins to investigate these stones? If they are useless or unreliable, at the least you would be more able to observe the situation in Kini-Koro, so we can prepare.

OOC: @NorikSigma @Toru Nui

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone stepped back, summoning her pebbles back towards her. Slowly each stone dropped into her pouches, clinking against each other. She winced at the sharp collisions she … she knew it would have scratched and stung the Matoran. The rocks would not have been that harmful, but she would have been still causing harm. Still hurting people.

Kardaka used to be able to create stone barriers, form pits to coral Rahi. But since she … she had not deserved the kind of power a Toa wields, that power was destructive and abusive, but even still. Maybe she could have helped the fearful Matoran without harming them at all, if she was a Toa. But she had given up her power, as she should have. It was the right thing to do, she had a duty to perform that penance, and it had saved the life on someone in pain.

The point was, she was a weak Turaga now, and she had to adapt to her new frailer clumsier state. But it still was wrong, that her only method of keeping these people safe was to block them with a swarm of stones. There was no kindness to it, regardless of her intent.  

The Turaga shook her head, as the Kaita towered over the Matoran. “I … be careful,” she warned the fused being, “I do not recognize your spirit but … that power can be overwhelming.” If the power of a Toa was corruptive, a Kaita with the powers of three Toa, she could not help but worry at that strength. 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira took a hold of the heartlight. "Then let us begin the Rite of Desecration," she said.

Hello...

And then it was done. A new kraata wiggled on the back of Cravious's neck. "Your new kraata has the power of quick healing. Injuries you sustain will heal quite a bit faster than normal."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Cravious has been given a kraata of quick healing

IC, Aurax: Metru Nui

Aurax sighed as he read Ehlek's new message. He would have to make a decision soon. He quickly sent a response to the scientist:

Very well, I will send you some tonight.

Another notification popped up on his HUD: the airships were almost ready. The king walked off, deciding to seek Xaril's council.

Aurax was eventually able to track the titan down. "Xaril," he said. "It's almost time to head out. But first, there's something I want to discuss with you in private."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 4

IC: Xaril - Metru Nui

It wasn't often that people sought out Xaril for his opinion, belligerent and brutal that it was, so Aurax's appearance and request came as something of a surprise. "Uh... very well," he said, turning away from the airships being loaded to focus on the Barraki. "What is it?" 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

Finally, she could relent, feeling the surge of magma ebb and then halt as her companions pressed the attack, forcing the Mesi to retreat. It had been some time since she’d last had to expend this much energy on one task. Her forearms were not just hurting from the burns she’d suffered, the artificial muscles and actuators were so tense it actually ached just to relax her fingers back into a neutral position after maintaining the energy blast for that long.

The iridescence of her forearm’s armor was gone, replaced by charred protodermis. It’d take some time to regenerate naturally. But there was no time to inspect the damage beyond a glance. She noticed movement and saw Yumiwak with Zai in tow, hurrying along the path. With a deep, hissing breath, Zataka unsheathed her blade once more, wincing but suppressing the pain as much as possible as she followed the Skakdi princess.

A few moments later they’d reached the innermost part of the volcano as well. The titan let the Skakdi take the lead once again, for the practical purpose of being able to more easily shoot over their heads if need be, rather than if they were behind her. 

Credit where credit was due, the Mesi had put up a good fight under the circumstances. Misguided, unnecessary and foolish perhaps, but he and his entourage had been admittedly tougher than the desert raiders. Still, this confrontation was about to end, one way or another. As Marrow bellowed out his challenge, Zataka lifted her hand once more, ready to disintegrate the warrior. She could feel the energy sparking between her fingertips when a sudden thought stopped her. The challenge meant nothing to her, this wasn’t her fight, and had she been alone she wouldn’t have hesitated for an instant - but there was something off here. Marrow was standing out in the open, calling out for the world to hear. It was almost suicidal she thought, if it wasn’t for the uneasy feeling of the presence that had plunged her into that nightmare vision being very present once more. Irrnak was watching.

Better to be careful. Cornered, wounded animals and all that. She mentally tapped Yumiwak on the shoulder.

:How do you want to play this?:   

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Gecko Greavesy

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

The afflicted struggled in the invisible grip, the lack of autonomy and control almost driving them to a frenzy. It took several moments for the words to sink in. They still pushed against the hold on them, but gradually their movement became less as they noted the futility of the action.

When they finally surrendered to the Kaita, Whakamahu could feel it was less the reaching out towards a helping hand but rather acceptance of an inevitability. That’s how far down these two had slipped.

OOC: You really won't let me have my little Matoran rampage, eh? =P @Harvali@Toru Nui@Tarn@Snelly@Onaku

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Outside of Icarax’s Temple

With - Whira

Cravious felt the new Kraata nestled into his frills next to its brother. It’s head shape felt the same as his Kraata of Mind Reading. New power washed over him, but in a much more subtle way than with the other one. He just felt… healthier. But more importantly, he could feel a change beginning in his left foot. If he looked, he was sure he would see the organic protodermis muscle slowly starting to regrow. Finally. He had waited too long for that to heal on its own. It had bothered him for long enough.

Now it was time to look to the future.

In the distance a steady THUNK-ing could be heard in increasing volume as the Cube’s form loomed through the mists as it approached. The massive protosteel vehicle loudly strode over on its legs until it reached a point over semi-level ground. Then it settled down on the black basalt and the garage ramp opened slowly, sealed air releasing with a hiss as it did so. Whira’s Nui-Jaga poked its insectoid head out of the opening. Clash poked out his head alongside the Rahi. The Nui-Jaga, which loved to get out of the vehicle as often as possible and hunt or fight or anything, really, must have sensed something was off about the Kumu Islets and scurried back inside. Clash waved hello.

Cravious sighed. Clash was such a disappointment. Thank Irnakk Clash was at least good at his job. Otherwise Cravious would have fired him long ago, regardless of being able to fight with him whenever it was convenient.

Cravious strode up the ramp, noting that everything seemed to be intact. Voracious had put the finishing touches on the latest war rig and had gotten to work on what looked to be a bipedal ACR. Right now it was just a couple parts and a work in progress frame. Preceptor sat in a corner, looking thoughtful, which was slightly unusual. Normally the old Skakdi would be going through his martial arts techniques to stay in prime shape. He had been acting weird since Cravious had told his hirelings of the Heartlight Forging Taboo.

Sagacious walked up, looked irritated, “It’s been a month, we really should go check on our surviving investments. There are several debts to collect. Several Heartlights to go seize, should their owners still live. Who knows the state of our assets.” She looked like she was ready to continue on.

Cravious waved her off, “We’ll get to it after I make this Mask of Shadows. We finally have what we need. It’s time to go back to Irnakk’s Tooth.

Clash butted in, “Why back there?

Cravious scowled at him, “Does it matter?

Clash stared at Cravious expectantly.

Cravious closed his optics in annoyance and massaged his frills on the back of his neck, the ones that covered his two Kraata. Clash was such a pain. “Irnakk’s power flows through the lava there. It’ll ensure the success of the Taboo. We don’t want to go wasting a valuable Heartlight.”

Ahhh,” Clash nodded, not quite fully understanding.

Sagacious narrowed her optics, “And then we get back to business after that. I’ll go get us moving.

As she walked away, Cravious called after her, “Take the sea. We’ll get there faster.

Making sure Whira was onboard, Cravious closed the garage ramp and it sealed, prompting the internal systems to pressurize the air. With a lurch, the Cube began to move east. It traveled in that direction for a few hours until it reached the ocean, then it walked right in, converting to its water traversal mode. They finally started north. Soon enough, they would arrive back at Irnakk’s Tooth.

Cravious frowned at that thought. He had never wanted to return anywhere near that place. Yet here he was a month later doing exactly that. Cravious wondered what he might do for more money, err, power. Whira’s supplied Kraata had been weak so far, but they were far better than nothing and could only grow more powerful. And the more powerful she grew, the more he would be better suited to eventually break off from her. To contain her, if necessary.

Though so far, she had proven trustworthy enough for him to allow himself to sleep in her presence. He liked to think he was too valuable an asset to ever cast aside. He knew he would never cast himself aside.

Well, it would take at least four days to reach Irnakk’s Tooth, even taking most of the journey by sea. He wanted to start learning how to merge Kanoka. That might better prepare him for making the level 9 Kanoka of Shadow to then make the Mask of Shadows. He gathered his gear and protodermic ores and got to work.

Fixed text colors for MCs.
  • Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

Sorilax didn't feel the stuffy humidity of the interior of the building as his rahkshi stepped inside, but the myriad dragonflies and other sparkling insects buzzing through the verdant greenery provided more than enough information for him to understand the change in micro-climate. Pools of water glittered on the floor, and the croaking of frogs could be heard echoing from lower floors. He descended carefully and cautiously, winding through tunnels full of vines and slowly blinking red lights. He passed through locked doors with little more than an inch of cracked metal to peer through, snuck past sleeping rahi of various unknown varieties, and eventually found himself standing at the bottom of the building confused by what he saw: a bare floor, rotted furniture, and several deceased matoran huddling together around a single heatstone. The heatstone was empty of all its warmth. It had been cold for a long time.

OOC @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

Happy chat.

On 3/22/2021 at 2:27 AM, Gecko Greavesy said:

“Enough of this!” Marrow bellowed, brandishing his macuahuitl at the Ce-Skakdi. He knew he was a haggard sight, his armour streaked with soot and scorchmarks, his pale skin blackened and blotched with burns, blood, and bruises. His wounded left hand was curled against his chest, while his weapon hung loosely from the sweat-slicked fingers of his right. But still he stood, fangs flashing and frills unfurled, as he faced his foe. “I, Marrow of the Mesi, challenge your champion to single combat!”

And with those words, it was done, though none besides him knew it.

He had issued a challenge of ritual combat within Irnakk’s Tooth.

He had invoked the Rite of the Tahtorak.

There was no going back.

7 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

:How do you want to play this?:   

IC Yumiwak + Zai | Irnakk's Tooth

I responded in kind to my ward:

{Violently, and quickly.}

"Very well," I bellowed back at the Mesi—Marrow, now that he had a name to me—and stepped forward to accept the challenge with a harsh exhale through my smile. I itched for some true bloodshed in this holiest of places, even if it meant my first ritual quarry was this beleaguered soul. I admired his spirit though, truly; he was a fine example of someone who fought with intent and heart and there was not a single shred of dishonor in his determination to win. Despite the bruises and scars on his ugly body I instantly came to respect the Mesi man as quite my equal in how he, too, worked for the betterment of his crew, haggard as they were already. 

"I was going to offer you cake, but we're outta cake. So... death, then." And then I shouldered my launcher and fired my sixth and final explosive cordak round at the ground in front of Marrow. 

OOC | Now we go to put some jam on this bread. 

• Like 2

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere

Life was even more abundant inside the tower, something Sorilax noted as an indication he was headed in the right direction. The insect life had blossomed inside; flies, beetles, and even butterflies buzzed or fluttered past. There were pools of water everywhere and the flora seemed even more abundant than outside, clinging to walls and forming small islands of vibrant green in patches on the floor. Amphibians hopped about or croaked from the deeper puddles.

Unlike outside, it appeared the waters had not been able to pierce any cracks in this tower and so he headed downwards instead of up. His steps were carefully placed as he avoided vibrant pink and yellow flowers and the bees that flew between them. A large number of glittering yellow and black wasps had built a hive that blocked off a particular hallway that thankfully seemed non-essential to his journey downwards.

There were many doors along the way, reminding him of his Far Shore journey. But unlike there, this place was the absolute opposite of frigid. Through One’s Kraata, he felt the humidity of this place in full. And it was indeed humid, more so than even the Fau Swamp. But the Rahi here... for some reason their varieties were not known to him, though he could place the base species they derived from. This place truly was a treasure trove of life, waiting to be claimed by its rightful inheritor.

But the end of the line and the deepest he could go confused him incredibly. Past a lone door stood a room in stark contrast to the rest of the building. The entire room was bare of life. The ceiling, the walls, the floor. The humidity lessened even as he stepped through the doorway and into the room proper. What had once been furniture was in various stages of decay around the room, as if they had been left out for the elements to beat upon for centuries. And something that hurt his soul: several deceased Matoran huddling together around a single heatstone. This too reminded him of a similar room in the Far Shore that had held much the same pile of Matoran bodies. He had learned to create Life in that room. Perhaps this room would hold much the same fate.

Sorilax created a hardlight barrier over the single exit to the room and dropped concentration on his Light bending technique. For the first time in the Aqua Sphere, One’s ocean blue, seaweed green, and gray body was visible to all who peered upon it. He needed to figure out what had happened in this room, and it would not do to have distractions, like focusing on an elemental technique he had not practiced for millennia like his other Shadow techniques.

He also reigned back his Silence so he could hear if anyone or anything approached. Instead of a field of Silence, he went back to his passive of silent movements. Then he took a good long look around the room, carefully scanning the walls and floor for not just details about the room, but also subtle clues that might tell the tale of these dead Matoran.

Sorilax even created platforms of hardlight to stand on so that he might more closely observe the ceiling. When he felt he had gathered enough information from the room, he finally, and reverently, started inspecting the Matoran, looking for anything on them or beneath where they sat that might tell their story or provide more information about this room. He finished by picking up the heatstone. It was devoid of any semblance of heat, no doubt all warmth gone from it for a good long time. Sorilax set it down, slightly saddened with the thought that the heatstone going out probably correlated to all these poor Matoran’s Heartlights dying out.

Then he took a step back and considered what he had learned from the room.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

With - Whira

The past four days had been full of hard work and experimentation. He had discovered that merging discs was much harder than he had thought it was going to be, but that it could be done. And that triple merging existed, though he had only made one and had no idea what its power was.

So far he had discovered a disc that made things consistently float, which was a giant revelation that had him already constructing custom machines to outfit the Cube with Kanoka strikers that would distribute the Kanoka’s effect evenly throughout his vehicle. His next amazing discovery was a Kanoka that increased the weight of objects. The perfect addition to levitation.

Cravious had also figured out the rest of the elemental Kanoka. After that came a Kanoka power that made a temporary shield, one that made things have an X-Ray effect just like his own power, an illusion maker, one that made it easier to see in the dark, and one that moved things almost telekinetically.

He theorized that he still hadn’t discovered all the powers yet and that perhaps merged discs could be merged as well. Not to mention all the triple merging combos he had yet to discover. So all and all, his four days were spent studiously, increasing not just his knowledge, but his skill as well.

The Cube had floated through the ocean for three days, avoiding the dangers on land in the Fau Swamp and most of the dangers of the deep sea. The fourth day was spent trudging through the Ash Barrens and its sometimes deep ash mounds that made traversal far from simple and quick. But they had made good time by sea and so it was on day four that they entered the foothills surrounding Irnakk’s Tooth.

Using his X-Ray and Telescopic Vision, Cravious angrily noted Yumiwak’s flying ship in the area. Cravious hated her and her crew by extension. Her kind kept their secrets of flight held close as long as he had lived. He hadn’t been able to find a way to glean their knowledge and take it for himself. But despite hundreds of years of not being able to figure out how she was able to fly, Cravious hated her just a little less now that he had discovered Levitation Kanoka. He looked at the beginnings of twin engines that sat nearby, waiting to be finalized and installed into the Cube’s morphing undercarriage. Those, combined with his Levitation and Weight Increase Kanoka would finally put him over par with the stuck up Yumiwak.

But still, best to make sure to avoid her for now and stay out of sight. Cravious directed his vehicle to a side lava flow, far away from the entrance into Irnakk’s Tooth. It was there that Cravious set up shop, pulling out everything he needed to forge a Kanoka and then a Kanohi. Debt Collector was instrumental in the process, affording Cravious at least momentary relief from the overly oppressive heat as he worked through his ACR.

He dug out a small channel leading to and away from his moved forge in the rock of the mountainside. All he had to do was knock out the thin barriers in the rock strips that held back the lava flow and then he would be ready to use the forge.

Finally, everything was set up, and a hard decision needed to be made. Cravious hadn’t spent too much time thinking about this part. He hadn’t wanted to. All of his hirelings were important to making him money and he didn’t want to lose any of them. But where else could he find someone willing to give up their Heartlight? Perhaps through torture, but they didn’t have time for that. They had already wasted over a month finding pure energized protodermis. They couldn’t waste even more time in a potentially fruitless and costly endeavor.

If he had to lose anyone, it would definitely be Voracious. The Water Skakdi was a pain to deal with and didn’t quite have the same drive Cravious did when it came to being a mechanic. But Voracious made it quite obvious he only worked here because Cravious saw his skill and paid accordingly. Cravious really doubted he could get Voracious to willingly die so Cravious could gain power.

Sagacious was too important to give up, since she was the one that essentially ran all of his enterprises.

Asperity freaked him out and kept everything truly important in the Cube safe. He was pretty sure she was on his side. Or if she wasn’t, he couldn’t tell and so it didn’t matter.

But Clash. He could replace Clash and had thought about doing so many, many times. He just hadn’t because of the fool’s loyalty. A loyalty Cravious could now exploit.

Cravious made up his mind. He started up the ramp and stopped in his tracks. Preceptor was walking down to meet him with a solemn look. Cravious squinted his optics in thought and a little bit of confusion.

The Skakdi of Fire patted Cravious on the shoulder, “I have already taught you all you need to know. And I have lived through too much as it is. Perhaps Whira and you can finally break the cycles we seem to be stuck in. To become strong enough to set things straight.

Preceptor walked towards Whira, who was waiting nearby, “Come, Cravious, let us begin.

Cravious took a moment to consider things. Preceptor had finished teaching martial arts to Cravious over a couple years ago. Cravious had kept the old Skakdi around to help him remember all the lessons and to have someone to spar against. Other than that, Preceptor was the perfect choice, though not the one Cravious had first thought of. Plus, the old Skakdi apparently wanted it. Cravious smiled savagely. Yeah, this was perfect.

Cravious suited up in gear to allow him to bear the heat of the lava. Breaking the retainers and letting the lava flow to and from the forge, Cravious grabbed his thin strip of metal and found the seam around Preceptor’s Heartlight. Cravious inserted the strip into the torso, felt it catch, and lifted up. The Heartlight slid forward, held in only by all the wires that connected it to the important parts of the body that needed energy.

While normally Cravious would just unscrew the nuts that secured everything, the Taboo called for cutting out the Heartlight with a knife. Preceptor held up a knife he had carried for thousands of years. It was marked by age and battles past. He looked to Whira with a steady and peaceful gaze, “I am ready, young one. Take my offered gift and wear it well.

Before they began, Cravious started working at the forge, grabbing Black, Green, and Silver hued protodermis ore he had selected ahead of time. They started to liquify and Cravious watched them carefully. He checked three times before they were ready to be purified. His purification machine thunk-ed and whump-ed and sounded like it was going to rattle apart. But the process worked as normal and Cravious poured the result into the Kanoka mold. He moved the Kanoka mold over the lava to keep the ore liquid. He was ready to receive the pure EP and Heartlight.

Cravious turned to Whira and Preceptor. He would honor his mentor by watching as the Skakdi of Fire died for a greater cause.

• Like 1

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

Tendrils of red heat came from the Vo-Skakdi's still-glowing optics and faded away as his vision attack ended. He snarled, his breathing sounding more like a rahi that had been hunting its quarry across Zakaz and lost it somewhere in the underbrush. The grimace on his face turned back to a wolfish grin and his frills fluttered at the sight of the injured Marrow, the Mesi that had given them such trouble in getting here, still standing tall despite his condition. He looked worse than Korio did. The Skakdi of Lightning couldn't help but let out an impressed chuckle.

"You...ya got some ball bearings of steel, mate," Korio said, gesturing to the Mesi with his crossbow. He should have given up by now, the Vo-Skakdi thought. Should have known better--maybe would have gotten out of this with his life, if the Warskaks had chosen to allow it (they wouldn't have). But this was more fun. And after all, it was the Mesi's fault for being here when the Panda arrived.

Kor then watched as Miss Yumi responded to the challenge, expecting this fight to not last near as long as their struggle in the tunnel. He knew she'd put on a good show, at least.

"Good luck to ya."

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend@Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Tuyet | Metru-Nui

Tuyet wrinkled her nose. "Usually, I'm not a huge fan of reliving other people's trauma, but we've kind of got a long flight ahead of us. So I'll make an exception. Like, if you wanna talk about it."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

The rahkshi sidestepped Whisper's blast of air, though not quickly enough to fully avoid it. The impact sent it staggering back and to the side. It stepped carefully without looking, dancing through the creeping tendrils and thorns that sought to ensnare it, and then it was moving again. It moved with blistering speed, talons scraping on the rocks, and then it was upon Whisper again, ready to strike. Its eyes glittered calculatingly as it jabbed at her again with its staff. It would be more careful this time.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Spiriah's Labyrinth

Arkius compacted the earth in several lanes that arced through the underground, each in a different direction. Such fine-tuned manipulation of an element was the sole domain of a NUVA or NUVA Proxima—it was a feat of staggering ability and control. And it wasn't one Arkius could maintain for long. His body was burned and bruised. His mind was still recovering from its earlier confusion and was half-addled by blistering pain. He felt the sweet darkness of unconsciousness tugging at the corners of his mind as he pushed himself to his breaking point. All that kept him going was the word he repeated to himself like a a mantra or a prayer in the vain hope that some benevolent god was listening:

Up. Up. Up.

Behind him, Spiriah shrieked silently in rage as he felt his shadowy influence over his prey vanish. The compacted earth cast no shadows, so all he had left were the powers inherent in his mesi vessel. He and his two followers still moved through the earth, matching pace with the one they chased. Far below, the other mesi were moving through the tunnels spreading out throughout the vast labyrinth of tunnels and holes that made up the aspect's domain. Some were even ascending through the nearly-vertical tunnel carved by Spiriah's pursuit: they would be long minutes behind by the time they caught up, but their hopeless devotion to their deity overrode less important thoughts of strategy. If Arkius tried to find refuge in the deep places, he would find none. His only hope was to reach the surface. Knowing this, Spiriah ignored the branching lanes of compacted earth that arced back down into the underground. He focused on the path that continued to ascend straight up, placing all his hopes on his guess that the toa NUVA Proxima, injured and desperate, would try to escape by as direct a route as possible. His mesi companions each chose a path for themselves, choosing one of the slightly less direct surface-bound routes to follow.

IC: Reliable Narrator |The Archives

After a long moment, Tihun chose to turn left. The Hydruka moved slowly down the corridor, its headlamps illuminating the entirely nondescript tunnel. It was identical in appearance to the corridor he had been travelling down for the past  hour or more—there was little wonder in his mind why newcomers to the Archives got lost so easily. Everything looked the same, and signs like the one he had followed were few and far between.

Long minutes passed without signs of anything interesting. Once or twice, Tihun swore he saw something move just outside the reach of the Hydruka's headlamps, but when he turned the lights to illuminate that particular section of the corridor, there was never anything there. He got the eerie sense that he was being watched, but the watcher —if it really existed— never revealed itself. However hard he looked, the dim tunnel's murky water appeared to be hiding no secrets. Then, finally, he came upon something interesting. It was an open door set into the wall on his right. It was larger than the other doors he'd seen thus far: it was big enough for three toa to walk through shoulder to shoulder. Beside the door, a discreet sign proclaimed:

sᴜʙ-ʟᴇᴠᴇʟ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @Gecko Greavesy @BULiK @Onaku

• Like 3

IC: Whisper – Kumu Peninsula

Whisper had witnessed her fair share of battles in her time, but distantly, dispassionately. Never before in her existence had she found herself the sole focus of another being that sought her destruction. It was proving to be an unpleasant experience.

The Rahkshi was fast and agile, able to evade almost everything thrown its way, even when blinded or looking in another direction. Loathe though she was to engage it in close quarters, Whisper was reluctantly realising that it seemed like the only way to rob the Rahkshi of its advantage.

As the Rahkshi jabbed its weapon towards her, Whisper's limbs lashed towards it, all four hands intent on seizing the weapon - either to direct the blades away from her body, or prevent the Rahkshi from withdrawing the staff once it pierced her shell. Her summoned insects still swarmed, continuing their efforts to attack the Kraata. 

@Eyru @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green, merged with Life Kraata creation Muaka

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Rahkshi

Okay, this thing was too quick. Viltia needed another approach. She continued to manipulate her element from inside the Muaka, moving slightly closer to Whisper and the Rahkshi while still being 15 feet away.

The blanket of grasping ironwood roots that surrounded the Rahkshi and Whisper retreated to form a ring instead of a circle and wove in upon themselves, flattening as they did so. They scraped each other as they slowly spun a dome around the two combatants 25 feet in diameter. The Karda Nui variant of lightvine grew in four patches around the dome, lighting the inside as the completed dome blocked out the sun.

Then the dome started to contract, thickening as it did so so as to not lose any mass as it scraped along the basalt ground that it form fitted to. Viltia prepared herself for three eventualities. If the Rahkshi got near the ever closing dome ahead of complete closure, then the wood would reach out to grab it. And if Whisper sought to leave, she would create an opening for the Aspect, taking care that the Rahkshi’s speed wouldn’t allow it to escape first. And if the Rahkshi started hacking away at the dome, then she was ready to quickly reallocate the dispersion of wood.

The plan was to have the dome shrink until the Rahkshi was encased in a several foot thick layer of wood. Then, death.

For the Rahkshi.

Of course.

OOC: @Eyru @Gecko Greavesy

Added a sentence for another eventuality.
  • Like 1

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui Airspace, Tuyet's Airship

The lesterin wriggled in his seat. He didn't want to relive it himself any more than he was forced to...

However...

This was a time traveller he was talking to. Well, maybe. Probably. Maybe.

Perhaps she knew more about Exuze's future than she let on. Or the futures and pasts of those who had wronged him. If anyone was worth opening up to...

"Well... ya know the battle above Metru-Koro? When the ca-Knichou flew straight into three league airships without telling us he didn't really 'ave a plan?"

Exuze wasn't silent long enough for Tuyet to get a response in. While he had been talking in a measured tone, the stress of the feeling in his stomach combined with the memories he was recounting lead to his speech speeding up and getting snarkier as his storytelling progressed.

"Funny how 'im and the other adrenaline junkies who skydived onto tha league ships didn't get hurt while he left tha rest of us out in the open for target practice against tha biggest guns still in existence. Only reason I survived is the same Doctah who saved ya life this afternoon. Triage also helped install this thing before I left to go meet this island on my own terms."

The lesterin balled his left arm into a fist and then released the tension. The motion of the robotic prosthetic was uncanny - while realistic, the movement felt too pre-calculated, like it didn't match the rest of the lesterin's body language, and not just due to its glistening metallic appearance.

There was something soothing about the wish to crush things. To have control.

"But that Kuna of a captain even pretended to give 'imself a promotion over it even though he went missin' for a day and the real people in charge negotiated a surrender with the one ship that his buddies didn't take down. Infuriating."

Realizing he had gotten off-track, Exuze recentered himself.

"Anyways, yea, before the unplanned events of today, last time I flew on an airship I didn't come back all in one piece."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Marrow/Yumiwak – Irnakk’s Tooth

This time, there were no searing sounds, no destructive disturbances, to distract Marrow from what he needed to hear. His keen ears picked out the metallic rattle of a weapon being hefted, of a projectile shifting in its chamber. He readied his kraata power and focused on the area just ahead of where the woman’s voice was issuing from, bracing himself for the most essential, split-second sound of them all.

And then it came.

The cold, cruel click of a trigger being pulled.

The rocket roared forth from the maw of the launcher, and Marrow sent a gust of air sweeping in from the side, diverting the round to his left as he lunged to the right, beginning a reckless charge towards the Ce-Skakdi. He’d barely taken his first stride before he found himself staggered, stumbling midstep as the rocket – which he’d expected to be aimed at his torso, and thus fly harmlessly into the cavern behind him when redirected – instead struck the floor nearby, flinging forth fractured lashes of shrapnel that lacerated his legs as he ran.

Yumiwak, for her part, had quickly stashed the launcher away as soon as she had fired—if Marrow was at all worth his salt he would have been able to avoid the worst of the projectile, but it was never meant to be the tool to demolish him, either. The Cordak was a first volley in a pitched fight, as much a distraction as a corralling of sorts, forcing Marrow to come in a certain way or not at all, both of which were fine for Yumi.

He’d moved slightly to her left before charging full-bore at her, Good. She upholstered her carbine and held it up and out and casually strafed to her right as well, hoping to meet Marrow with metal slugs from her weapon and stop him in his tracks while keeping as much distance between her and him as possible. Each shot rang out with a notable Ping! Above the din of the volcano and scuffle of feet as the piston inside the gun fired the bolts.

Just as he’d predicted, the more open area did Marrow no favours, leaving him at the mercy of the Ce-Skakdi’s ranged superiority. There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, no way to block or rebuff the bolts. There was nothing he could do but close the distance, continue his charge forward, raising his weapon and injured arm to shield his chest and face.

Wood splintered. Leather ruptured. Flesh tore. Blood spilled. Bone cracked. But still he forced himself forward – for his friends, for his faith, for his fury – for if he fell, he knew it would all fall with him.

He was struggling to stand by the time he closed in on his foe, loosing a disorientation blast and following it up with a swipe of his weapon. The blow was clumsy and coordinated, delivered with his off-hand, but as swift and savage as his battered body could manage.

It was astonishing to Yumiwak how dauntless and dogged Marrow of the Mesi was in his fighting. Even while his body took the brunt of her bolts and flesh and bone broke alike, he still shuddered towards her out of sheer single-minded focus at fighting… her. There was anger in his face—not so much his eyes anymore—but it wasn’t a conflict raging in him. Much like with Yumiwak herself there was simply serenity in the anger, a calmness found inside the storm of fury. She liked that; it meant Marrow was ultimately a worthy force of opposition to her mission, a fight almost nearly against someone like her. She would enjoy beating him.

Her grin fell lopsided, however, as Marrow’s vision power unexpectedly functioned and caught the princess in its stunning effects, and her almost casually swift footwork abruptly became laborious and clumsy. Dizziness blurred her perception of things around her and she realized what was happening right before her butt hit the dirt—she’d thought her elemental alignment would have hampered psychic effects like spellbinder vision, but it seemed she was mistaken in that assumption. In no time at all she was humbled and on the ground with the world spinning around her. All there was, all she could sense, was the telltale rattling of Marrow’s grotesque shambling body adornments that shuddered with his every motion.

Without regard for direction, only reacting to where she thought she heard the noise coming from, she held her carbine up in a pitiful attempt to parry the macuahuitl with her own weapon. It was the only defense she had, and even though she did not think the carbine would be able to withstand the savage weapon’s shattering cut, it would at least—hopefully—keep her alive.

She extended the Tormenter and the macuahuitl struck it with full force, damaging the weapon’s frame, breaking it with a sharp bend and causing all manner of springs and little parts to fall out of the technological tool. Her equilibrium returned simultaneously as the vision blast’s effect from Marrow dissipated as soon as it had struck, and Yumiwak found herself looking right up at Marrow’s seething visage. She gave no mercy, as she expected none; she offered no more cake, as she had none, so she traded weapon for weapon, vision power for vision power, and in the split second that Marrow’s lethal cudgel was ensnared in her twisted gun’s makings her own eyes burst into gleaming light. Twin beams of energy shot from her irises, instantly striking the macuahuitl at near point-blank range and rendering it utterly to dust.

Canines met carbine with the creak of weakened wood, the cracking of crushed calcium, and – most satisfying – the mewling of mangled metal. It was too little, too late, to change anything for Marrow, but the thought of sparing another of his kin the bite of the bullet brought him some solace.  His fleeting, flimsy elation was soured by the bitter burn of blood and bile building in the back of his throat, making his every breath a burden.

He was past the point of pain, held aloft only by a hollow haze of hate and heartache. These weren’t the Skakdi he’d set out to slaughter. This wasn’t the satisfying suicide he’d sought. The sky, the surface, his sight, his soldiers, his sanity, and now even his desired death… They truly did steal everything from me...

But if this was to be his last battle, then he would drag at least one last wretched warskak with him to whatever world waited beyond this one. He adjusted his bloodied grip, began to pull at his weapon, intent on raising it up to bring down another blow.

And then it happened.

He didn’t see it, didn’t sense it, didn’t understand it, but it happened all the same.

In the motion of a moment, Marrow’s macuahuitl – made and maintained over immeasurable millenia, moulded from malice and menace, a macabre monument to his misery and memory – was unmade, dismantled into a miasmic mist of meaningless molecules.

It’s destruction stung worse than any wound, stunned him more brutally than any blow.

The foes he’d felled. The trophies he’d taken. The bloodlines he’d obliterated.

His history. His victories. His power.

All gone.

The Ce-Skakdi didn’t offer Marrow the time to mourn the loss of the weapon he’d woven, her feet colliding with his shins and battering him backwards onto the black rock. His skull struck stone, scattering his thoughts like ash. Something within his chest cracked and caved, as fractured ribs became broken ones.

He didn’t try to get up. He knew he couldn’t. He’d broken and brutalised enough beings in his time to know what this moment was, what it meant. His doom - long dreaded, even longer overdue - was at hand.

Yumiwak scrambled back, away from Marrow’s heaving body. He was broken but he still lived, if only barely, with enough sense left in him to not even try getting up. The Skakdi princess looked at him warily with wide-open eyes even as she moved away, though, in awe of his determination despite his gruesome state. Marrow wasn’t some backstreet thug or random rogue pirate, he was a warrior though and through and deserved an appropriate send off. It was, Yumiwak came to realize, what he was intending all along with his final challenge.

She slowly rose to her feet and ripped the cudgel bayonet from her Tormenter carbine before casting the broken metal husk to the side. When she spoke it was with a measure of awe, and while gloating it was not without respect. “Marrow of the Mesi, my name is Yumiwak, daughter of Yusanorak, of the Rigger Clan.”

“Riggers…” he coughed, “…not many of you left now.”

It was something of a relief, in a way. Better to be ended by a Rigger than one of the other warbands. He held no particular love for the Riggers – they were still surface Skakdi, after all – but their life on the water had meant there had been far less conflict between them and the Mesi. And since their people had been slaughtered and their settlement destroyed by Nektann, they would surely share Marrow’s hate for the warband that controlled the monster.

Perhaps his fate - his future - was in the right hands.

Or at least, the best he could hope for. 

“Nope... that there are not,” she said with a tinge of mournfulness. The image of flotsam and all that was left of The Rig flooded back to her mind, and while she held no particular love for the derelict wonder maze of barges and bridges it had still been home, once. “But what is left of us is still strong.”

Marrow didn’t beg for his life. He didn’t hold to the hope of rescue or redemption. He had no offerings or advice for his comrades, no slivers of solace or pleas to preserve themselves. They had chosen to follow him, and he already knew the choice they would make when he was gone. There was no point in wasting what little breath he had left to him.

So when he spoke his final words, they were directed at Yumiwak alone. “Go ahead. Finish me,” he growled, his words a gurgle. “Cast my corpse into the flames… and you shall have your Tahtorak.” And I shall have my triumph.

And then he slumped, and smiled, and in his mind’s eye, he saw the sky.

Tahtorak? Yumiwak thought. This… was not the rite she knew for a kaiju, the one she had half-cobbled together from the scraps of the journals of her foremothers thanks to the recklessness of her grandfather. The rite she knew about was about fire and self-sacrifice in an act of deification for another. That was the holy rite she had come to perform, once she uncovered the missing pieces to it. She had been under the impression that it would yield a tahtorak—that’s what her journals seemed to infer—but Marrow the Mesi seemed to imply something different. He had invoked a rite she did not know and had made it hers. Perhaps, she considered, that’s what he had wanted: To be a Riteborn, her Riteborn.

She got back to her feet at last and looked down at the defeated Mesi. “You fought with all you had, Marrow. I relish the thought of what fights you will take to our enemies in the afterlife.”

And then she reached down, grabbed Marrow by the nape of his neck, grasping his extruding spine as though it were a handle, and dragged his almost-corpse to the edge of the Tooth’s ritual ground. She struggled a bit in doing so, strength of the physical sort not being one of her traits, and the dark red trail of blood stained the ground in Marrow’s wake like strokes of a calligraphy brush that poised intermittently, first a thin streak and then the puddle of a punctuating rest. “Witness me, Mesi!” she commanded Marrow's crew. “Witness my victory. I give you only two options: Live on as members of my crew…” —she knew they would loathe the idea of becoming surfacers— “... or live… but as my sacrifices to the Remaker.”

She flung Marrow’s body into the volcano’s fiery depths and gasped from the effort, then stepped away from the edge, back to her audience, and leered at the subservient Mesi who still sat with unknowable emotions contorting their faces. “Which will it be, join me or follow your former leader?”

As they watched their leader breathe his last and plummet into the impenetrable blackness below, the only response offered by the remaining Mesi were piercing shrieks, screeching screams that hung heavy with the sound of sorrow, the lilting of loss, and the agony of acceptance.

Despite their wounds, despite their exhaustion, despite the hopelessness of their situation, they attacked as one, snapping and snarling like the cornered animals they were. There was no sagacity or strategy in their assault on the Skakdi who stood before them, just the senseless savagery and distraught desperation of the doomed.

The battle was brief, bloody, and brutal. The four Mesi fought with ferocity and fear and fury, but they fell all the same, beaten back by a barrage of blows from the opposing party and their superior firepower. One after another the Mesi were driven back, overwhelmed and flung from the precipice, to join Marrow in memory and monsterhood.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend. A big thanks to EW for jamming out this fight with me.

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 5

IC Leklo | Kini-Koro

On 3/17/2021 at 7:27 PM, Void Emissary said:

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"Do you know how to pilot something like this?" The Aspect then turned their head back to regard Leklo. "Would your friend Stannis let me use his vessel for a mission of great importance?"

On 3/20/2021 at 1:06 PM, Toru Nui said:

"Funny you should ask... I am familiar with the processes involved, but actually flying it..." Ostrox rubbed the part of his shoulder Parnassus touched, as if he were scrubbing it clean of something. "Well. It was designed by Matoran. How hard can it be?"

"Um... no," Leklo said. 

• Like 3

Aurax pulled out his tablet and brought up the correspondences he had had with Ehlek. He handed the device to Xaril. "This happened a little bit ago," he said. "While I admire experimentation, the problem I have is this: it begins with the Matoran, but where does it end? If Ehlek is anything like me, he'll want to continue his experiments. When he runs out of Matoran, what's stopping him from coming after us next?"

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

IC, Whira: 

"I shall," Whira said, nodding. "Let's begin. The Taboo's words are thus: Goodbye, Heartlight, Torn yolk's last rite, Wish we may survive the night, Body broken, eyes bright, Hello. You and I will recite them simultaneously. And when you begin to speak, you must begin carving out your own heartlight and offer it to me as the ritual ends."

The other being straightened up, ready to make his sacrifice. 

A moment passed, and Whira opened her mouth to speak, with Perceptor joining her.

Goodbye (Goodbye)

Perceptor jammed the knife directly above his heartlight. Blood began to dribble out from where the blade had penetrated his body.

Heartlight (Heartlight

The Ta-Skakdi gritted his teeth and began to move the knife clockwise around his heart.

Torn yolk's last rite (Torn yolk's last rite)

The knife continued moving. The bloodflow from the wound increased greatly, going from a dribble to a steady stream.

Wish we may survive the night (Wish we may survive the night)

Perceptor began to cough violently, blood spewing out of his mouth.

Body broken, eyes bright (Body broken, eyes bright)

The knife finished its rotation around Perceptor's heartlight. The skakdi reached up and gently pulled the organ out of his chest. He handed it slowly to Whira, looking at Cravious and smiling as he did.

Hello (Hello)

Perceptor's final word came as a whisper. As soon as Whira's fingers grasped the heartlight, the life left his body, and it collapsed on the ground. Whira offered it to Cravious. "Quickly, forge the Kraakhan!"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Korruhn, ???

He couldn't tell if the being was omniscient,  or simply a great chess player. Regardless, each sentence was a move. If Korruhn was going to get anything out of this, he was going to have to play the game.

"The greatness I sought is out of reach now. True, I have walked a path that may not bring me the simple glory enjoyed by the Toa. But there is greatness to be found in the depths of shadows. And a vast wellspring of knowledge that my kind fail to tap." The being leaned closer to Korruhn.

"This? Ha! No more a tool than a sword. To be used for a purpose, and discarded when it no longer serves me," he stared directly back at the eyeholes of the mask, presuming he was locking eyes with whatever spectre haunted it. He was not trying to threaten or intimidate, but the creature would know that Korruhn would not roll over easily.

"This one, beside me. He has walked the path."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

"Well, it's not like monster hunting was in our job description before now," Nale replied, trying to keep some levity on the bridge even as the storm raged on around the ship. 

Rose turned her attention to the communication panel briefly to respond to the commander. She gave as much info as possible with a few words. "Body heat ahead of us. Big."

@BULiK

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

1 minute ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

"It begins with the Matoran, but where does it end? If Ehlek is anything like me, he'll want to continue his experiments. When he runs out of Matoran, what's stopping him from coming after us next?"

"He doesn't even consider you a Barraki," he chuckled, but it was a mocking sound, devoid of mirth.

"Ehlek was one of the only Barraki to successfully conquer a Metru before the city fell. He was the one who reprogrammed the Vahki to serve us. And he's the only one of the original Barraki we know is still alive," he handed the tablet back to Aurax, "If the people were to learn this, that he still holds power and makes demands of you, what do you think will happen to your position in the city?" 

The question wasn't spoken as a threat. Xaril wasn't the scheming sort. He was no ideologue, but he believed in loyalty and respect, and Ehlek had shown none in abandoning Metru Nui, while Aurax had kept the city relatively intact and under control for more than a month. Most importantly, Aurax had chosen to ask him for advice, and trusted him with this knowledge. 

"Seems to me that you have a choice. Remain under his thumb, remove his leverage... or remove him." 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Airspace, The Taku

Knichou nervously chuckled at Nale's remark. While it was amusing, it wasn't enough to alleviate all of the commander's stress about the uncertainty and danger in this high-stakes situation. Something about the responsibility to do right by all those aboard and keep them safe - especially the newcomers - gave him chills. This was why he made weapons instead of using them back in the day - best to let the foolish Toa find out the best ways to improve his designs in the crucible of combat. Oh how the roles have reversed...

The Nynran opened his mouth to respond - with something equally witty, no doubt - but was interrupted by a communiqué from the newest crew member. Skyra's wife was rapidly turning out to be the most responsive and disciplined person aboard, much to the surprise of everyone's instinctual assumptions upon hearing the words "Skyra's wife". Turns out that military training was good for something after all. Knichou loved how nice it felt to have another person on the ship who knew to walk the balance between following orders and thinking on their feet in a dangerous situation.

"Berys, turn us to port so Arnex can light it up for us."

The Taku soon began to rotate left in a slow, stationary turn, the pilot not wanting to accelerate any closer to the beast that they still couldn't quite detect. While this happened, Knichou walked to the right side of the bridge to peek out the windshield in the direction that the beast would supposedly now be in. All the while, he kept in contact over the intercom.

"It should be out the starboard side now - Arnex, get some lights on it. Rose, how far away is it? I need altitude and distance."

The commander looked out into the storm, view distorted by the many tiny rivers and waves washing across the sweeping glass viewport, as the beam from Arnex's floodlight slashed through the clouds and towards the eye of the storm.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth, Lava flow away from the entrance

With - Whira

Cravious watched with grim respect as Preceptor ended his own life for something greater and more powerful. Cravious knew he would never do the same. It was something that sounded noble, but most of the time just ended up being dumb and a waste. This time, however, perhaps there stood a change of change actually coming about.

Whira offered the now severed Heartlight to Cravious. "Quickly, forge the Kraakhan!"

Cravious took the Heartlight in his gloved hand. It felt oddly heavy for some reason. Unused emotion stirred in him. He pushed the thoughts aside. He could deal with that later.

Carefully pouring in the pure energized protodermis into the already prepared Kanoka mold with the other ingredients for a Disc of Shadow, Cravious watched as the EP naturally dispersed itself evenly throughout the mixture as lava from below kept it heated. He was quick to add the Heartlight, which turned a bright white that flared for a second and then revealed a mixture that was now glowing like a strike of Lightning. Cravious didn’t even need to stir the mixture to disperse the ingredients evenly.

He doused the molten protodermis mixture into a vat of water, steam rising and adding a little bit of humidity to the dry and draining air. Inspecting the result, Cravious nodded to himself in appreciation. It was perfect, almost as if the Taboo was helping along the process subtly. The completed disc itself was like a void of light, a hole in the air that seemed to darken its surroundings just by sitting there.

Now it was time for what he had practiced for the better part of a month. Cravious lifted the semi hardened Great Disc of Shadow with a pair of tongs and brought it over to his anvil, grabbing a medium sized hammer. With a dash of sparks and a flurry of fine tuned motions, Cravious hammered away at the metal, forming it into shape. Everything needed to be perfect. Every line, crease, and opening had to be absolutely in place. It was perfection or failure. And Cravious didn’t fail. Not for long, anyway.

Cravious held the forming Kanohi over the lava, letting it heat up once more. Then it was back to work, this time a smaller hammer forming details and defining every little speck of glowing metal. Cravious held up the mask, optics scanning every tiny bit of surface, looking for any imperfections. When he found any, he would get back to work, hammering away.

By the end, his breath was short and he was panting, the prolonged exposure to the temperature from the lava overheating him even with his protective gear. But he remained strong of will and doused the mask in the vat of water.

He held it up, inspecting it. The form was holding. Good. He set it out, letting the metal settle and harden fully. The process was rather quick in the heat of the lava. Once done, Cravious picked up the finished mask. It had the silvery glint to it, indicating that power was within it. Cravious smiled savagely. He knew he could do it. Thank you, Preceptor.

The Skakdi of Lightning turned to his Aspect and offered her the completed Mask of Shadows.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ We've done it! The Kraahkan has been forged!

• Like 2

"Wouldn't it be prudent to remove Ehlek's army from the equation first?" Xaril replied, slightly perturbed at being 'volunteered' for the task with so little forethought. "If we move against Ehlek, he can retaliate by ordering the Vahki here in the city to strike against the populace." 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 3

"Hmmm..." Aurax mumbled. "I... would rather not get rid of the Vahki, but you do have a point. I could maybe order them all to self terminate, or I could have them all line up for execution..." He wasn't really happy with the thought of disposing of the robots. He liked their usefulness. But they could be a tool for Ehlek.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

IC, Whira: Irnakk's Tooth

Whira smiled broadly as she took ahold of the mask. After so long, she had finally done it. She had obtained a Mask of Shadows. She could feel her power grow, and expected Cravious to feel his own power growing as well. She placed the Kraakhan on her face. "Unfortunately, I currently am unable to access the mask's powers," she said. "But no matter. We can move on to our next objective: desecrate a kaita."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Whira has completed her third Grand Wish step.

• Like 4

"Or... just shut off the hives until Ehlek is dealt with?" Xaril suggested. "No power, no network, no problem." 

That was the problem with some people. They thought too big, too grand, too final. Sometimes simpler, less permanent solutions were sufficient. 

@~Xemnas~

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 2

A boom of thunder made Nale jolt and almost instinctively reach for her spear, as if it would even have some kind of effect on whatever they were searching for. She was starting to find herself on edge, clenching her fists in tense anticipation with optics scanning the clouds, waiting for the first hint of anything alive.

"I didn't realize we'd brought on a walking radar," she said to Knichou.

Rose reached out with her element, trying to get a bead on the large source of body heat near the airship. She could feel the source getting bigger--no, not bigger. Nearer.

"Distance: closer than you think. Altitude..."

She paused for a moment.

"You remember Knowledge Towers?" she asked, almost like she was reminiscing about Metru Nui. "Remember just how far up they were? I always wondered, you know, when I came to the city...if the Ko-Matoran up there ever got lightheaded. Must have sucked for people with acrophobia, too."

Rose's smile could almost be audible in her voice as she finished, then got serious again.

"From what I'm feeling, this thing is taller than those. You may want to fly a bit higher if I'm gonna get a good shot."

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 4

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | The Far Shore

Stanza 3.1 — Caedast

It was apt with Caedast’s dark origins that Stannis could navigate even the darkest of recesses with uncanny ease, and while he occasionally did make use of lights and magical illuminations these were simply because his proficiency had never quite given him vision in darkness, only comfort him against the unknown. His magicks guided his steps and his nature stilled his mind against anxieties much as they had while he ventured into the Metru Nui Archives’s sub-levels… and yet, here in the citadel’s innards deep in the accursed Far Shore civilization he’s found, Stannis felt resistance. It was the strangest of feelings that tugged at his soul like a niggling doubt that he was powerful enough or that he should even be there. Go back, it seemed to say, Go away, this is not for you, stay and be destroyed, and even his very footsteps felt sticky, like something was dragging at his ankles with some unknowable weight.

It was the not-knowing that got to him the most, what seemed to want to repel him and yet egged him on at once, screaming in his mind to turn back and go deeper at the same time by appealing to his senses of self-preservation and ravenous pursuit for knowledge. Things felt cold for him there in the massive edifice, but it was not like in the Archives—it was a coldness of the soul, a deeply hostile silence that hinted something great was being held back from him. While everything he felt was alien to him and oppressively urging him to leave he nevertheless pressed on, intent on uncovering the answers he needed in the places his wandering feet were taking him.

Taputapu whakamarama,” he bade his mask and an instant later it accepted his input; his pole-arm began to radiate light all around and ahead of him with brilliant white illumination and for the first time he came to realize the scope of the edifice he found himself in. It was a great chamber, high as a hill and wide as a river, empty and devoid of all interesting adornments on its tall walls. His eyes tried to spy the ceiling, but it was too far above and his light did not reach it, although he was assured that it existed, and his eyes moved to the walls at either side and the columns that coursed down them like narrow waterfalls of stone before disappearing below where he stood. He was on a ledge, the Wanderer realized, a small ledge in an enormous chasm built within the massive cavity within the citadel which stretched upwards with a void like the nighttime sky at new moon, both oppressive and expansive at once. It stunned Stannis to consider it.

He moved on from there, walking near the edge of the ledge and finding a winding square stairwell at one wall that descended further into the bowels of the citadel and the city it rested in. Atramentous’ words came back to him again, particularly how the turaga had described the dwelling places of the violet-eyed denizens as ‘catacombs’ which a descriptor that hinted strongly at death and burial, and it perplexed Stannis as so far Stannis had encountered nary a slight indication of the macabre. However, he further descended, he could feel the growing sensation of burgeoning power deep under the city, leading him to conclude that whatever awaited him, tomb or something else, it was frightfully powerful.

After what seemed like an eternity, but was truly less than fifteen minutes, the stairwell came to an end and deposited Stannis at the bottom of the internal chasm. The floor was dusty with a faint white complexion that felt soft to the footfall; upon a slightly closer inspection, Stannis recognized it as both a gradual buildup of dust filtered from above with a layer of mycelium. The air reeked of decay all around him, dank and stale and moist from an eternity in stillness, and it seemed to capture sound as quickly as sound could be made. There was a disturbing quality to the depths, and Stannis was transfixed to understanding what it was, so much so that he had lost track of time and the illumination he had been relying on suddenly vanished, plunging him into a darkness that was suffocating even to him.

He stood in the stillness for a moment until his Haonga could reset and chose to employ his elemental powers to sense the world around him. It was all stone below him, but around him—beyond where his perceptions revealed—were other, softer things interlacing the walls that were certainly not stone. Everything seemed shrouded, like there was a dense blanket of fog around the world that rendered his powers moot and weak to feel, and despite the shadows being his home Stannis was like a blind beggar feeling around with only his stick for aid. He stumbled through the darkness, wishing he had a sword again if only to cut through the air and hack its apart like dense jungle foliage in his path, then came to a stop right near the wall.

Tapahia nga paparanga, whakaatu i te ngaro.

Input: Accepted.

He touched the wall gingerly and a sudden burst of energy surged from the point of contact, spreading on all the surfaces like ripples in water and revealing the whole of the world around him in outlines, traces of a tailor’s chalk on a sea black worsted wool that showed a pattern. Books, he thought with utter astonishment at the revealed outlines of hardbound spines and neatly stowed titles. The walls were covered in books! He reached out and plucked a tome out from its alcove and earnestly opened it, but the pages were rotten and disintegrating. The book itself crumbled in his hand, melting like gallium and falling to the floor in a sopping mess. Stannis was crestfallen.

He repeated his ritual, finding another section of wall, revealing the unseen, and pulling another book out. It, too, crumbled at the first touch it likely received in eons. The spell, however, was showing him the true extent of this region, and he looked around to witness what he hadn’t been able to notice previously. He stood in a labyrinthine library with colonnades going in every direction, with bookshelves the height of trees all laden with thousands upon thousands of volumes covering all the walls as far as his spell revealed. Rushing out to the corner of his senses he performed the ritual again, touching the wall and casting the power to see the unseen traces beyond the shrouding veil of darkness. Every time he did so the world remained clear for just a little bit longer, making his job easier each time as he slowly, gradually, lifted the magicks that obscured the catacombs. Someone, or something, had made every effort to seal these areas and prevent people from entering and left an overbearing presence to guard it against interlopers and adventurers, but Stannis was both those things last and a Wanderer foremost, and he did not care to measure the power he mettled with. He would have done things very similarly if he were keeping a secret safe—indeed, he’d done exactly that with his use of the Hiripaki program in the Archives, dissuading people from exploring her by making her uncaring about preserving life in exchange for sheer utilitarian dutifulness.

And then he stopped, wheeled on his heel, and heard a haunting voice emanating from an implacable point of origin through the vast book-laden network of caverns. It wasn’t just a voice, however, and Stannis narrowed his eyes warily as his blood turned cold again; it was... singing…?

Iiiiiiiii’ve got you under my skinnnn, I’ve got youuuuuu deep in the hhhheart of meeee…

In the shadows far up ahead, he saw a pair amethyst eyes blink into existence and look back at him.

So deep in my heart you’re really a part of meeeee, Iiiii’ve got you… under my skiiiinnnn…”

And then another. And yet another…

• Like 4