Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

Guards and citizens alike moved swiftly as the dreaded storm loomed overhead and brought down its fury, Nektann's fury, upon the once serene and peaceful valley, it now a battlefield for survival. Overseeing the progressing efforts, Vulimai stood within the wailing gale stalwart and unfazed, her commanding voice somehow piercing through the crashing wave of sound that surrounded her as she directed those who labored. 

Barricades made of whatever sturdy material they could muster were being erected as to divert the flow of the water and mud while channels were being hastily dug to further redirect the torrential flow. It was hard, excruciating, and dirty work; but for Vulimai and those Guard Matoran who had worked besides her during the war, it was a change of pace from dealing with rain and mudslides rather than artillery shells and gunfire.

During the initial wave of rainfall, Vulimai had missed Knichou's attempt at communication with the brief sense of panic that took those who stayed behind. But with a brief lull, she took notice of the second call as she quickly answered it.

"Toa Knichou, this is Commander Vulimai, Kini-Koro is still standing and efforts are being made to divert the water flow but mudslides are starting to form and become a potential danger. Atamai and Kilo NUVA should be heading your way soon, over and out."

She ended the transmission, hoping that there was nothing she missed in the chaos. Quickly looking about herself, she spied a Toa of earth helping with the construction of one of the trenches, not noticing how they did so with a simple shovel rather than their element. "You there! I need you to head down the valley and inform Atamai and Kilo NUVA to get their rear ends moving, NOW! "

She didn't wait for a response, she simply continued doing her Duty. 

OOC: @BULiK @Eyru @Onaku 

IC: Bronk (Ko-Pou)

The guards of the outpost saw the impending storm loom closer and closer towards where the valley of Kini-Nui was suspected to be before they had gotten word about it from the guards on the other side. The Tahtorak had arrived at Kini-Koro, and the need to assist with the village outweighed any need to keep the full complement of guards at the station. With the direction of Sergeant Bronk, three-quarters of Ko-Pou's garrison were sent to the other side of the portal as to go and assist with the fortification of Kini-Koro, them arriving at the settlement just as the first few drops came.

But Bronk, he didn't go with the troops, as he had a different goal in mind. Though he wasn't a superstitious man, he at least understood by this point that something wasn't right with this island, and that what the Administrator had said about the Amaja Circle maybe what Kini-Koro needed to survive this onslaught. And if it didn't do anything, well, he was just one slow Matoran who couldn't do much.

Moving as quickly as he could across the green grass of the valley, he reached the now unguarded bridge that led to the the temple itself as the howling winds swept downwards and against him, nearly knocking him off his feet. But he kept moving. Passing the astral figure of Nuju, who seemed to barely even register what was occurring at the moment, he reached the large Amaja Circle that stood on the temple island, looking at the five stones that appeared before him, with a six glowing red one now sticking up from the sand. 

'That ain't normal.' He thought to himself as he tried to figure out which of the stones to place. Feeling as the winds and rain start to reach him, he quickly grabbed the nearest one and jammed it into the sands, hoping that this works.

OOC: @Eyru Bronk has placed the Opal Stone onto the Kini-Nui Amaja Circle

IC: The Gadunka (RNN Radio Barge, Outside Naho Bay)

His extended sight had been focused upon Irrnak's Tooth for several hours now, him anxiously staring towards the desolate and cursed rock that, even with him being so far away, sent a harrowing chill up his spine. But that chill was nothing like the one he was anticipating when the black crag roared up its fiery hate as all he could do was watch in horror, as two more monsters of terrible wrath were spawned by that pit. 

He couldn't bare to continue watching as he wrenched his gaze away, staggering for a few moments before throwing up off the side of his boat, the feeling only somewhat subsided at those abominations birth, which could only mean there was more that he could not bare to witness. 

Stumbling into his studio, he took a quick squig from a nearby bottle, being disappointed when he finished the less than half-full thing of brew as he threw it against the far wall frustrated, it shattering upon impact. With a harsh sigh and shudder, he slid into his revolving chair as he readied to broadcast on the air, preparing to flip the switch for an emergency broadcast signal.

Across Zakaz, the music playing across radios were interrupted by a brief blaring noise followed by a horribly weathered generated voice saying 'THIS IS NOT A DRILL' before the all-too familiar voice of The Gadunka rung out at last.

* I'm sorry there my listeners for robbing you of my sweet, sweet gift to you all, but in case you couldn't tell through the terrible static mess of noise I just played, this is an emergency broadcast for all those who value their lives... *

The radio grew into static silence for a few seconds as the De-Skakdi on the other end tried to muster up the strength to say what he needed to say with his usual charm.

* Irrnak's Tooth has just expelled a pair of more horrors for us to suffer from, a Tahtorak and a Zivon, and odds are, the Tahtorak Princess is the one behind these monstrous births. Perhaps unlike this Barius though, she'll have enough sense to keep these creatures on a tight leash, though for the Tahtorak, I can confirm that it is currently headed northbound. *

* That is all that I got to share with you all that's worth sharing my listeners, so stay indoors as best you can, though I doubt that'll help. This has been The Gadunka and a RNN emergency broadcast. Good luck y'all. *

And with that, the music returned once more as the Skak took a deep breath, him wishing he could do so much more and yet being frustrated that this is all he can do. It was enough to make him want to scream, and yet he couldn't even couldn't do that without driving himself deaf.

OOC: To anyone with a Radio, enjoy this Riggers-News-Network Emergency Broadcast.

IC: Tihun (Submerged Archives, Sub-Level Seven)

He hated this with a passion, as not only was he underwater while also being underground, he was now getting spooked by a Schrodinger's menagerie of unimaginable potentially nonexistent horrors. Multiple times he thought it prudence to launch his flares to see and potentially scare off whatever it or its was. But he had a limited number of flares and it would be a pain in the socket to attempt to reload the flare pods. So instead, he continued to explore.

At last reaching what he presumed to be the entrance of Sub-Level Seven, he looked at the entrance as he tried to surmise whether or not he could enter the space with the Hydruka or not. Assuming he could with ease, he would bravely move forwards into the space, hoping that he would find something of quality in it.

OOC: @Eyru

IC: Dagrut (Crucia's Boat)

Stumbling out with his awkward gait from the ships interior, the mad ripperdoc was faintly peaked with attention at the words of Crucia. Around him, other Skakdi eked away from the ripperdoc, simply out of fear of the individual as they only made themselves present when there were bodies to sew up...or when there were bodies to cut up. Clasping his mismatched hands together in a dramatic fashion, slightly rising from his hunched position, he grinned broadly as his red and green optics lit up with a eager glean.

"So, my dear, dear friend, Crucia. You've finally wizen up, at least a little bit." They said with an odd tone before continuing. "But are you suuure that is all you want. I mean, honestly, I can barely count on my own two hands how many times I've had to fix you up because of them, and though I am grateful for you taking me in and I'm merely your ship's resident friendly doc...Even I know that Silver ain't gonna have none of it, not unless we make her just as afraid as half of my patient, which is completely unwarranted I might add." The briefly cackled in a cold fashion that brought about grimaces from the faces of those near him as he waited for the Ga-Skak's reply.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Kal the Guardian

• Like 4

IC: Crucia - Skakdi of Water and Cyclone

Location - Eastern Sea

With - Dagrut, Vex

Crucia nodded to Vex, thankful for his words. But then the good doctor chimed in with his odd words that both challenged and strengthened her. In the end, they only firmed up her resolve to move forward with determination, “Maybe we’ll have to resort to something more drastic, Dagrut. I have a horrible feeling that you’re right. But a lot of Skakdi depend on Silver’s network supplying fish, we can’t just attack her without reason. I’ll try talking with her first.

A loud, low horn sounded off in the distance, carrying over the chilling waves. They were almost upon Silver’s ship. Crucia gave her friends one last look and focused on steering, guiding the limping and broken vessel to come alongside Silver’s much larger ship.

As Crucia stepped out onto the sloped deck that still held the corpse of the Tarakava, she noted the rope ladder thrown over the side of the big ship. Fear and determination burned equally bright in her as Silver started descending.

Crucia stood as tall as she could with her injured leg. One guard stood by as Silver inspected the Tarakava Crucia had caught. Many more guards lined the railing of the larger vessel, weapons aimed and ready to fire.

The boss huffed and turned to Crucia, “I commend you on your catch, but it sure came at a cost, now didn’t it?” She motioned to the deck below her feet that was filling with water. She came over and got in Crucia’s face, “How exactly are you supposed to catch fish for me with a broken boat? Huh?” She shoved Crucia.

Crucia used her Cyclone powers to hold herself steady. Her whole body quivered. She opened her mouth and stammered before gathering enough courage to respond, “Because I’m one of your best fishermen and you know it.” She got lightheaded as she realized what she had just done. This was so much harder than when she had originally decided to do it. “I want a raise… and… and for you to have my vessel fixed.

Silver laughed immediately, the sound harsh and grating and sending chills through Crucia’s frills, “You want me to what, exactly?” Silver shoved Crucia again, “I think you’ve forgotten your place as my sla- employee.” Silver pushed harder than the air currents holding Crucia up and Crucia hit the deck hard. “I don’t care if you have a boat or just a piece of driftwood.” She unsheathed her knife, “I want my quota, or you all die. Do you understand?

Crucia shakily got to her feet. It was now or never. All her life she had stood down when the moment came calling. All of her life she had bowed the knee. All her life she had let the currents guide her path. No longer. She was taking a stand. She was going to be powerful. She was going to rise above and make her own way.

A raise and a fixed boat. Take it or leave it.

Silver’s mocking smile dropped and she grew grim, “So be it.” Before Crucia could respond, Silver grabbed the guard with her and Ice jumped from her hand, hitting Crucia hard enough to lift the Ga-Skakdi into the air and crashing through the door of her cabin in an explosion of splinters.

Using her Cyclone powers to lessen the blow helped Crucia minimize damage, but she still felt the pain of the initial impact of Ice. Clear chunks of frozen water clung to her chest as she pushed herself up to her knees and crawled out of sight of the door and over to her friends. She tried wiping the ice off best she could and looked with desperation at her friends, “You were right, Dagrut. We have to work together just to live. To survive. We must become as one.

Crucia held out a shaking hand to her friends. Her mind was focused on a united front of survival. Nothing else mattered right now.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Airspace, The Taku

The rain drummed against the Taku, the unpredictable winds causing the cacophonous beating to shift in intensity and direction from moment to moment. The only constant was that there was no pattern to be discerned. Berys kept his eyes on the panels in front of him, given the view outside of the windshield was entirely useless in the maelstrom. Knichou began to walk back towards Nale, the commander disappointed that he couldn't see anything through the thick fog of the cloud the majority of the airship was immersed in.

Vulimai's response came in over the radio for all on the bridge to hear, her voice accompanied by lots of static interference. Knichou replied with his personal radio.

"Alright, we'll be on the lookout for them. We'll see if we can get it to move further-"

Everyone heard the first warning.

"Incoming hand!"

Rose's words resounded over the intercom, causing the internals of every crew member to rapidly sink from the terror of anticipation. Immediately after Rose's warning Knichou's transmission to Vulimai cut off abruptly.

Meanwhile, Berys immediately panicked and raised the collective, causing the Taku to slowly accelerate upwards as its buoyancy increased. The pilot could only presume whatever (Hand? As in, actually a hand? How-) was incoming, going up further into the cloud would be the best way to evade it. On the lower deck, Arnex stood deathly still, locked in place as she gripped the handles of her floodlight, bracing for whatever came next.

"ALERT! IMMEDIATE EVASION REQUIRED!"

Knichou looked to Nale and reached out with his left hand. A bar of iron shot forth from both ends of his fist, impacting the deck and ceiling to create a makeshift pole for the two of them hang onto. His right hand reached near his audio receptors and and activated his armor's microphone to agree with Rose's warning over the ship's intercom.

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

On the lower deck, a new instrument joined the discordant soundscape of drumming rain and banging levitation Kanoka. A consistent metallic clanging sound erupted from Achro's lightstone machine gun as the weapon's speed Kanoka firing pin chucked round after round at the silhouette of a massive paw that was lit up in Navu's spotlight.

CLACK. CLACK. CLACK. CLACK.

The contraption spewed crackling crystals with mechanical regularity, each energized projectile following the last at an almost rhythmic rate. For every second Achro squeezed the trigger, four explosive lightstones were fired, laying down a beat for the battle with the mechanical precision of a metronome that felt to many like it matched how the increased pace that their heartlights were beating.

While the actual propulsion of each round was silent without the explosive boom or supersonic crack of other types of weapons, the sliding of metal parts that recoiled backwards from the launch were surprisingly loud. Metal on metal at high speeds was by no means quiet.

The barrel bounced around as the Toa of fire held down the trigger, and this variance lead to the shots in Achro's volley going in a wide berth before the Toa could see where the glowing projectiles were going and adjust his aim to compensate. Luckily for Achro, with a target this big that was getting uncomfortably close, precision was almost certainly not a priority.

"Terrain! Terrain!"

The robotic voice samples of a Ko-Matoran echoed throughout the bridge as the panels lit up in a dazzling display of warning lights with a chorus of alert noises accompanied by the rumbling thunder of radio static.

"Pull! Up!"

The Le-Matoran looked to the radar to try to discern any movement on the radar. The green line did another revolution, revealing a massive cluster of pings rapidly approaching that the Taku's computer system mistook for the ship flying towards a mountain peak.

"Climb! Terrain!"

There was a sickening screech as the gargantuan paw made impact. For several seconds that felt like minutes, the back of Nektann's hand pressed up against the starboard lower hull, pushing the Taku away from the beast like a child playing with a balloon. There was a crunching as the section of the hull between Achro and NU's turret stations buckled inwards to form a massive dent, and everyone on the airship could feel the creaking of the metal all around them as the force of the blow distributed throughout the vessel. Those on the starboard lower deck could see the thick skin of the beast's hand bulging against the hull nearby, and they were very grateful that it was a backhanded slap and that the sharp-looking claws were not reaching through the hull and into them. Yet.

The Taku rolled harshly to the port side from the direction of the impact, staying at a forty-five degree angle for the duration of the push. Anything and anyone not secured to the ground was jolted to the port side and would slide in that direction until the Taku levelled out after Nektann's paw had pushed the Taku further than the Tahtorak could reach. The Taku continued to strafe to the east until air resistance finally put a stop to the inertia that the beast's blow had given it. With an almost equally jarring lurch, the airship righted itself, wobbling slightly for several sickening moments.

Knichou had been gripping onto his makeshift pole, and with great effort he was able to remain upright until the ship had settled. Knowing he had precious little time to get everyone on track, he began rapidly spewing orders over the intercom.

"Everybody, open fire! Teach it not to do that again! I want rockets on it ASAP!"

The commander turned to his pilot.

"Keep us in the air below the cloudline so we can keep an eye on it. We'll circle around it clockwise to until we're westbound, then we lead it away from the city."

Berys nodded and pushed the throttle forwards, the Taku's main engines purring louder as they propelled the airship forwards to begin a large arc to starboard with a safe enough distance between the ship and where the beast probably was. The collective lowered and weight increase disks counteracted the levitation disks to bring the Taku out from just below the cloudline so that the gunners could have a clearer target. Given the storm they were still inside, that wasn't saying much. Navu's floodlight partially illuminated the beast and the explosion of Achro's lightstones could reveal parts of it, but only the occasional flashes of lightning were enough to fully reveal Nektann's silhouette.

As his plan was set in motion, Knichou used the intercom once more, remembering that there was more he needed to keep track of.

"Status report, is everyone okay?"

Still dazed from the sudden movement, Arnex left her spotlight station and wobbled over to the starboard side, sticking close to the walls. She lowered the hull plating in front of the starboard rocket turret and subsequently began to climb inside its seat.

OOC: Taku booped away from Nektann, lowered below storm clouds. Currently pointing south with Nektann directly to it's west, beginning a wide starboard turn to circle around Nektann and (eventually) end up pointing west.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 7

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

OOC: A few posts back the taboo Star Swallowing was used. For those who are unaware, this means a character dies. A lot of randomization was used for this one, and GM NPCS were in the mix (yes, that means Icarax could've have killed themself). Thanks @Eyru for doing the math.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Koro

A star flickered out forever...

Tuyet twitched. The airship she piloted began to lose altitude, then she corrected her course.

Kas felt his heartlight clench. He blinked stars from his eyes and carried on.

Takadox pawed at his chest. He did his best to breathe while the dirt piled on top of him.

Leklo felt a bead of concern. Where did his headache come from?

Twesh died. Not in the powerful and elegant way of a hero, nor in the romanticized and peaceful way of a turaga. Twesh simply stopped breathing, their heartlight gone and replaced with a hole in their body. Their last 

OOC: @Sparticus147 your MC Twesh just died. This is a GM auto-hit. Feel free to write it as you see fit.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 5

Happy chat.

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Malhukuraia paused as Atamai went through the weapon stored in the Suva Kaita. A burning chakram wouldn’t be useful in a rainstorm. He paused as he came across a sword. Malhukuraia knew that it wasn’t originally there. It was an abomination. Atamai ultimately decided to swap to the battle axe. The ACR continued forward toward the storm. When it was far enough away from the village, the mech created a small iron spike and flung it far forward using elemental power. The spike sailed low to the ground. If it hit Nektann, it would hit his foot and merely catch his attention. Which was Atamai’s goal. 

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

IC, Vex;

Vex took Crucia’s hand, knowing what would come next. He was prepared to merge. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147

IC, Aurax: Metru Nui

Aurax entered an airship, assuming Xaril and Saybo followed him. Using his HUD, he ordered the Vahki to begin the evacuation. 

The fleet of airships rose like a flock of birds. As one, they began to move south toward their final destination. 

Partway through the trip, a transmission came over the radio. Something about more kaiju being born from the volcano. “Avoid any kaiju as much as possible,” Aurax ordered. 

The airships continued on their way, soon to reach a new home for the League remnants.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 3

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

For the rest of the day and deep into the night, Drukarus, with the assistance of Detsu and his knowledge of the fort's inhabitants and the notes they had taken, went to organizing the fourty Skakdi warriors into four cohorts, ten Skakdi each with five sets of companions. These cohorts were made based off of whom Drukarus saw were already capable and skilled enough for his current needs, to those who were nothing but disappointment and failure, with Krrenchk and Zekev being the leaders for such a band of cohorts.

The next morning, Drukarus went about laying the groundwork for what he desired Detsu to drill his warriors in during his absence; ability to fight effectively together in a unit, efficient utilization of elemental powers, discipline and order acceptance and retention. It was during this morning of discussion in which Krrenchk approached Drukarus, informing him of grave news; that a new Tahtorak has been born and that it is heading northwards. That left the warlord to ponder the news during the morning meal made by Gore Fury. Readying for his leave, Drukarus made one final degree before he headed off to the bay to meet with whoever still led the Riggers.

Drukarus order was simple; the first cohort, the best amongst the Warskak, were to head towards the area where Metru-Koro remained, to determine any means to cross the moat and observe the capabilities of Metru-Nui and its current leader. There was another order he shared, one he gave exclusively to Detsu. He told the wizen Skak to be wary of the arrival of the Tahtorak, to prepare for a plan to avoid the destruction such a creature could bring. Though Fort Nektann was a valuable assist, Drukarus valued the people inside it more.

Taking the needed number of war rigs, Drukarus, alongside the fourth band of cohorts, which included Krrenchk and Zekev, began the trek to the Rigger's bay, sticking close to the coast as to avoid the great beast that they would undoubtedly pass.

OOC: @Void Emissary @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

IC: Dagrut (Crucia's Boat)

Dagrut grinned at the development, joyful at the opportunity to have more patients to work on, but when he noticed Crucia's outstretched hands, his optics grew wide alongside his giddy grin. "Oh? I thought you were being rhetorical my friend. It had been sometime since I've done this, at least with a willing subject." They whispered the last part as they were about to take Crucia's hand, before looking up towards Silver. "Know, I am going to ~looove~ dissecting you. I've always admired that right hook of yours and those beautiful optics." The mad doc said with a truly sinister grin as he took Crucia's hand.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Skyra didn't have time to so much as yell as the Taku was hit by the large hand, the impact caused Skyra to crash into the still closed ramp. Skyra let out an irritated growl. 

"Status report, is everyone okay?" Skyra heard as she got back on her feet. 

"Oh yeah, just PEACHY!" Skyra yelled the last bit as she pushed the ramp button, she didn't even wait for the ramp to fully open as she practically leaped out of the ship and into the sky. Her jetpack roared to life as she made a beeline towards Nektann. She aimed her Midak Skyblaster without much fanfare and opened fire at the beast's eyes, intending to blind the beast if she could. 

Nektann wouldn't touch the Taku again if she had anything to say about it.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Credence - Skakdi Kaita of Water, Ice, Earth, and Cyclone

Location - Eastern Sea

For a moment, all was still. Waves lapped against both vessels, large and small. A seagull silently flew past overhead like a splash of white in the cloudless pale blue sky. The cabin where Silver had blasted Crucia to was oddly quiet.

And then a massive form rose from the cabin, destroying the painted box of a room as it stood. Wood splintered and cracked. The boat shifted under the weight. Piercing deep yellow optics gleamed from a large head, scanning the world in a new light.

For Credence, the world was both new and the same. Similar and yet changed forever. They looked around with a single unifying identity: survival.

Silver and her henchmen were the immediate threat to this identity as the group bristled with deadly weapons. So Credence took action.

One step forward.

The ocean froze with a sound like an iceberg cracking and falling apart, filling the air and demanding attention. The atmosphere instantly grew frigid and a layer of frost formed on everything in swirling fractal spirals.

Silver yelled out orders and her followers attacked, elements and ammunition and vision powers issuing forth.

Credence waved a hand.

Massive amounts of wet clay issued forth in an all consuming deluge from the Kaita in a wave of crushing Earth, neutralizing or destroying all attacks. Skakdi desperately tried to claw their way up and out of the muck that covered both boats, some failing and suffocating under the onslaught of Earth. Others flailed in anger, reaching for one another to unleash their combined elements

A second step forward.

Kaita level Impact Vision tore apart a third of Silver’s vessel with sudden intensity, spreading wood, ice, and Skakdi pieces for miles around. The rest of the ship warped with a horrid sound of timber groaning under immense pressure as it deformed.

A third step forward.

A whirlpool of water freed Silver from the clay and then formed a squeezing fist around her, drawing her close.

Credence’s Severing Vision dismembered the cruel Ko-Skakdi’s body, leaving just a head and torso.

A blast of Fire empowered by wind hit Credence’s side, singeing them and forcing them to divert their attention. The ocean unfroze and then rose up to claim the rest of Silver’s vessel with great tendrils of water, smaller streams climbing inside any open orifice to drown the remaining Skakdi before they could even be pulled to the depths. It released a great many globules of air as it descended.

They turned back to Silver, who was gasping for air as she was hit with the first panic attack of her life.

Good. This proved they now held power. But it wasn’t enough. No. Not enough.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC: Xaril - Airship Fleet

Xaril flitted between different airships as the fleet left Metru Nui behind and set out across the skies, checking in with captains and crews, managing disputes and helping stow loose cargo. There was an air of uncertainty and apprehension among those he spoke too. These people had fought for freedom, many of them losing everything in the process, and now they'd lost their new homes as well. 

Xaril knew all too well how it felt to lose it all.

After a time, he flew back to Aurax's airship, awaiting further orders as the fleet drew steadily closer to what would hopefully be their new new home. 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - Eastern Sea

A frozen, tilted, mostly destroyed deck met Credence’s optics. This vessel of Crucia’s was beyond hope. It was their past. And their past was over. Their future survival lay with Whira and getting more Kraata.

They bound Silver in one of Crucia’s nets and strode off, a path of Ice forming as they walked towards land in large strides.

As they did, their collective mind touched the mental connection to Whira that they felt in their mind.

Whira, they thought to the Aspect, I have become more than just Crucia. I am Credence, Skakdi Kaita of Survival. I have a beating Heartlight and wish to be Desecrated once more. What is your location so that I may come to you?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

What are stories? Why do we tell them?

We tell ourselves stories every day—sometimes to others, but most often to ourselves. We assemble them from the chaos of our lives, pulling disparate threads out of each day and weaving them into narratives. We tell ourselves stories both real and imagined, stories created unknowingly and stories carefully rehearsed. We assemble casts that include people, animals, plants, even objects. Stories don't need living characters, or even real characters. They just need nouns to verb with. Things and actions.

Maybe it's a human thing. Maybe one day we will encounter another sapient species of life that won't understand our ability to personify anything we come across, and we'll find them strange and cold because of it. You don't think Maku is cute? How can't you appreciate that brave little Mctoran is trying as hard as she can? It's all nonsense, of course. Things will exist without our personification or our projected narratives. A plastic toy is still a plastic toy when you're not looking. This isn't Toy Story. Things don't come to life when you close your eyes. The stories we tell aren't real, not in a physical sink your teeth into it and taste it kind of way.

But we tell them anyway. We make sense out of nonsense and recognize patterns in random chaos. We cast ourselves as the heroes and others as the villains in daily events that really don't have either. The lady who cut you off this morning isn't evil—she's just late for work. Or maybe she isn't. This is a narrative too, after all. A narrative countering another narrative. A story within a story and about a story. It's all made up. Layers upon layers of narratives, each woven over the other. It's stories all the way down. And what's at the bottom? Truth, perhaps. But even that is a story. Look at us. You're reading about layers of narratives woven over each other like fibers in woven basket, and you're invested. You're picturing it in your head. You can see the basket. But it's just a metaphor I'm using to illustrate the fact that everything is a metaphor. It's self-referential. It's obscene, really.

(I say that, and I'm the one writing it)

Life is random. This is a hard truth, but it's the only one that really matters. We are stardust and chemicals bound by the laws of attraction to a rock spinning through a void bigger than all our stories combined. The universe is a vast, uncaring, lonely place, and we are probably alone. But this, too is a story we tell. The universe is neither uncaring nor lonely. These words reflect our desperate need to project narratives upon things in order to understand them. The universe just is. Everything just is. Even us. There is no meaning to anything beyond the meaning we invest in it. The meaning is false, of course. It's just another narrative. But this is why we tell stories.

Stories project order onto chaos. Stories assemble chance into purpose and bend the things we can't fathom into shapes we can understand. The Penrose triangle is just a triangle, if you want it to be. If that's the story you tell, then that's how you'll see it. Stories don't change how things are, but they do change how we perceive them. And if you see something one way, then who's to say that's not how it really is? If you see a red flower, then it doesn't matter what color the flower "really" is. It's red. That's how you see it. That's all that matters. 

We tell stories to ourselves all the time without even realizing it. We tell stories to remind ourselves of things that happened, to imagine things that might be, to teach ourselves a lesson, to comfort ourselves when something goes wrong. Stories give our lives meaning, and when we tell our stories to others, we share that meaning. Telling story is an invitation that says look at the world this way. This is how I see things. Stories unite us. If we all believe the same narrative, then who's to say it's not true? If more people bought into the narrative that Spiriah isn't evil, then maybe he wouldn't be such an awful person. But that's how it works. The characters serve the narrative. The more you buy in, the more real it gets. Belief is a lot more powerful than we give it credit for.

I guess this is a long-winded way of saying thanks for buying in to this story. You've all done wonderfully. Look how real it is. Look how much meaning we've invested in this together. These last fifteen months have proven over and over again just how powerful stories can be. They can make us laugh and make us cry. They can make us angry and make us afraid. We tell stories about the stories. And when this narrative comes to an end, we'll keep telling stories about it. Every time you remember what happened in this game, you'll be telling yourself a story. If you look at it this way, the narrative never really ends. It just changes focus. 

The end of this story is on the horizon. We're halfway there. But this, too, is just another narrative. Time is a construct and all measurements are arbitrary. So don't sweat it.

Bronk stands over the amaja circle. This is a place to tell stories. And as he grabs the nearest stone in his fist and wedges it into the sand, he starts telling a story of his own. A story of a village under attack. A story of heroes rising to defend their new home. Is Nektann a villain? In Bronk's story, he is. Maybe in your story, too. Does that make him evil? I guess that depends on how many people buy in. After all, good and evil are just two different narratives. 

But this is Bronk's story, so let's let him tell it.

The opal stone sinks into the sand. It represents a challenge to the tahtorak's power. A new character enters the narrative. The power of a long-lost civilization rises to stand against its ancient foe. The voices of the old Builders call out from the depths of the past. The opal stone glows softly, bending the story to its will. Can it do that? I mean, it's really just a rock, right? Well, yes. But it's also a symbol. And a symbol that you believe in is as real as anything.

Bronk believes.

Achro's spray of fire peppers the hulking monster, but the sizzling rounds simply extinguish themselves against Nektann's skin. The tahtorak is undamaged by the attack; more than that, he's unfazed, like he doesn't even notice it. The flashes of light given off by the firing of the weapon catch his eye, however, and he takes another lumbering step in the direction of the Taku, raising a gargantuan paw to swipe at the airship again as it attempts to rapidly climb out of his range.

As the Taku rises, its inhabitants think for a moment they're already climbing above the cloud cover. The world seems to be getting brighter and the storm seems to be lessening in intensity. But they quickly realized that this is not the effect of increased altitude alone. The clouds that swirl around the kaiju like billowing robes are beginning to break up. The rain, though still falling, is less of a monsoon and more of a summer shower. The hurricane-strength winds are now only gales. The pitch-black clouds are now dark gray, and lightening.

The narrative changes.

For better or worse?

Well.

I think you know the answer by now.

• Like 7

IC: Marrow – Northern Desert

He didn’t like the wind.

It was the wailing whimper of a wilting world, awash with woe and want. It whined and whistled and whispered, a sorrowful, soulless song that Marrow roared in duet with.

The bleak, barren expanse before him roiled with his every step, sand shifting and plants pushing forth. There wasn’t much life out here, so he made more as he walked, summoning and scattering seeds in his wake. He wanted more green. Green is good.

He would make more green.

He would make it all green.

But he needed to make sure the green could stay. And that meant ridding the world of the ones who’d destroyed the green last time. That was why he’d been heading North-East in the before, wasn’t it? That had to be the reason. Or had there been something else? Something more?

He couldn't remember.

He could never remember.

But maybe he could find the answer in the place he was going. 

OOC: @Sparticus147 - as discussed, Marrow is continuing North-East. Your party can cross his path whenever you're ready.

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Niidak (Wilderness)

As Niidak drove towards Ko-Pou on her hoverbike, she noticed that in addition to the dark clouds behind her in the east, there were clouds in the north as well. She predicted they’d come right over her and soak her wet, likely causing her hoverbike to malfunction as well. 

But as the clouds approached and the twilight sky grew brighter, she realized it was something else.

She stopped her bike and narrowed her eyes, before remembering she actually had a fully repaired telescope in her satchel. After grabbing it, she took a closer look and could clearly see that the clouds were in fact a fleet of airships. She even recognized one, as she had seen it a while ago in the Relic Fields. This was the full might of the League headed east, but she did not know what their destination was.

Was it Kini-Koro? Had war broken out again while she was gone? Before she would’ve seen war as a blessing, but now she saw it as a curse.

Realizing she was out in the open, she drove behind a nearby rocky outcropping and observed the fleet from cover. She wanted to see if they truly were headed for Kini-Koro. If they were, she was sure she could get some kind of reward by warning the refugees in advance. If not, well, she could still get some kind of valuable information. Knowledge was just one trade good among many, after all. It’s a shame the Matoran of the Knowledge Towers hadn’t been aware of this.

• Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Opal – Realm of Nightmares

She stood astride the macabre mountaintops of the warped world of nightmares, stepping over in seconds obstacles that would have once taken her hours to navigate. She had little heed for where she stepped or what she crushed under her heels, leaving wraiths and wretches writhing in her wake.

And then she slowed, clinging to a slope as she glanced again at the area she’d been approaching, peering through the veil between planes to perceive that the cloud cover she’d been seeking out looked to be dissipating. Disappointing. But still, she’d come this far, and the mountains would provide her with ample shade and shadow to conceal herself.

She needed to carve out a territory for herself, and no clouds could last forever anyway.  

So she continued onwards, curious to see what awaited her.

OOC: Opal is now in the same hex as Kini-Nui (but still in the Realm of Nightmares), continuing on over the mountains towards where the storm was.

• Like 3

IC, Whira: Irnakk’s Tooth

What perfect timing, the Aspect thought back to the Kaita. I am at the slopes of Irnakk’s Tooth with another of my Descrated, Cravious, in his war rig. Come seek me out there.

"Cravious," Whira said to the Skakdi. "An opportunity has presented itself to us. One of my Desecrated has formed a Kaita and will be joining us soon."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Malhukuraia continued its approach toward Nektann. The clouds and rain cleared a bit, allowing the Tahtorak to be fully visible to Atamai. The ACR readied its battle axe.

OOC: @Eyru @pokemonlover360

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 2

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth, Lava flow away from the entrance

With - Whira

Cravious finished reinstalling the last of the forge and purification machine. He wiped grease off of his hands and tossed the rag away. The ground rumbled, mostly absorbed by the Cube’s shocks. Cravious, curious, stepped outside down the garage ramp. Was it… warmer outside?

Irnakk’s Tooth erupted, but it wasn’t just a surge of lava that spewed forth, no. It was something far worse. Cravious watched as a Tahtorak climbed down the mountain, thankfully choosing to take the other side. And then another beast arose. Chills ran through his frills.

A Zivon.

Those idiots. Did someone on Yumiwak’s crew not know what they were doing? You don’t go creating Zivons, ever. If the creator dies, they are next to impossible to get rid of. And they ruin sleep. And they steal you into other dimensions. At least with Tahtoraks you can see them coming and have an honest fight with a Tahtorak of your own.

Cravious may not have been around for thousands of years and seen the full history of Kaiju on Zakaz, but he wasn’t a complete and total imbecil like whoever was inside the volcano right now. He squirmed as he thought of the volcano and Irnakk inside. Whira thankfully took him away from his thoughts. 

"Cravious," Whira said to the Skakdi. "An opportunity has presented itself to us. One of my Desecrated has formed a Kaita and will be joining us soon."

Cravious squinted, “That’s… convenient. A little too convenient.” He crossed his arms, “Well, be prepared for anything.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Location - Ash Barrens

Irnakk’s Tooth was perfect. It would be a short walk. Though they hoped the news of Cravious’ continued existence had been exaggerated.

Credence reached the shore, their first few steps uneasy as they tried to adjust to solid ground. They slung Silver over their shoulder and carefully trudged through the sand, almost falling several times. Stairs of packed earth rose to get them over the grass covered sand dune and revealed the Ash Barrens that lay beyond. It was a gray and barren wasteland, full of blackened husks of trees and the whispers of the dead.

It was just another piece of home.

Credence walked towards the most prominent feature of the horizon, towards the menacing visage of Irnakk’s Tooth. Their journey was quick and uneventful, though filled with many stops to rest. It seemed their long term endurance was not what it could be.

The great rolling dunes of ash and charcoal ground passed in a blur, their mind occupied with thoughts of what Kraata they might ask for. Something that cemented their power and took them even further above others. Perhaps Whira would know best what to choose.

Once they drew close to the pathway that adorned Irnakk’s Tooth, Whira directed them aside and around the mountain, out of view of the entrance to the volcano. Amidst the heat of the lava streams and obsidian rock they noticed a large metallic box. His name popped into their head immediately: Cravious.

So he had escaped the destruction of the Rig as well. That figured. No doubt he was already making widgets off of the event. But if he was with Whira, perhaps he had set himself straight.

The black form of the Aspect was like a drop of liquid shadow even with the obsidian backdrop behind her. Truly stunning. And Cravious was indeed there as well, his deep blue and white form standing off to the side with arms crossed. Credence strode over to her Desecrator and dropped to one knee, unslinging Silver from their back. The Ko-Skakdi started swearing non-stop, torso thrashing like a reeled in fish. Credence spoke over her, “Whira, grant me a Kraata that increases my power to even greater heights.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 3

IC, Whira: Irnakk's Tooth

Whira smiled wickedly. "I shall grant your wish," she said. She bent down to look at Silver. The Skakdi looked back at her with scared eyes. With one hand, Whira stroked the woman's face, and with the other, she plunged her clawed fingers into the Skakdi's chest. Silver's life was snuffed out as her heartlight was ripped out of her.

Whira got back up. Making a little staircase of shadow, she climbed up to the back of the kaita's neck, and began the Rite of Desecration.

Goodbye

Hello

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit

Two midnight horrors cry and shift

Make them squirm inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host

Tear the yolk and spread its gold

Devour knowledge and their ghost

Pray for prey forever sold

Hello

Goodbye

Whira placed the newly-created Kraata of Slow on Credence's neck. Instantly, she felt her powers grow as another milestone toward her Grand Wish was fulfilled.

Getting off of the kaita, Whira walked back up to the front of it. "You now have a Kraata of Slow," Whira said. "Unfortunately, you won't have an opportunity to use it."

Whira jumped at Credence, using her shadow power to launch her farther. She latched onto the kaita's chest, sinking her claws into its heartlight. Much to the shock of Cravious, Whira ripped out Credence's heartlight. The Aspect dropped to the ground.

"Thank you, Credence," Whira said.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 Whira desecrated Credence with a kraata of slow, fulfilling her fourth Grand Wish milestone, before ripping Credence's heartlight out.

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 4

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Somewhere to the west of Kini Nui:

As the urgency within the flooding city increased, so too did the pace of Patiwairutiki’s steps. As the mech reached the edge of town and began to ascend the valley wall, the pouring rain above began to dwindle. Glancing up the hill as they ascended, the synced machines observed the clouds beginning to disperse.

Rainstorm is disappearing for unknown reasons. Outer edges of storm are vanishing first.

New task: follow vanishing storm to target.

With Atamai by its side, the two mechs traveled over an unknown number of hills following the dispersing storm until they eventually reached a peak overlooking the eye of the storm. As Atamai swapped weapons to a sword and moved to engage, the two could begin to see the beast that lurked within the clouds, though it seemed to be engaged with something other than them.

Enemy tahtorak is engaged with something else. Likely the Taku.

They will not last long against the riteborn.

Ally Atamai also needs this unit to stun the target. Preparing to engage.

The titanic mech took several steps back, keeping the monster in view.

Our current position is 666.6 repeating bio above sea level. Such a fall could be dangerous.

Irrelevant. The target will break our fall.

One step forward, then another. Patiwairutiki sprinted the short distance to the edge of the peak crouching at the edge. Momentum rocked its body forwards as potential energy collected in its knees. It pushed off, launching itself westward into the night sky. With the clouds clearing, the mech was able to make slight adjustments to its trajectory to keep on target. At the apex of its arc the war club was lifted over its head. Gravity took hold once more, pulling the machine once again towards the surface. For some, the sensation of butterflies in one’s stomach would be felt from such a fall. The mechanical enforcer had no ability to feel such things. The only thing to focus on was the task at hand. With mechanically calculated precision, the war club swung down at the head of the tahtorak.

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Eyru@Unreliable Narrator and also the various Taku crew. Let the battle be joined!

• Like 7

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth, Lava flow away from the entrance

With - Whira

Whira jumped at the Kaita in a swift move that surprised Cravious. She latched onto the Kaita's chest, sinking her claws into its heartlight, much to the shock of Cravious. Weren’t Kaita supposed to be super powerful? Why would she kill one when it was under her thrall? Whira ripped out Credence's heartlight. The Aspect dropped to the ground.

"Thank you, Credence," Whira said.

Cravious’ arms froze from being unfolded as he tried to process what had just happened. So his assumptions were correct. Whira was willing to do whatever it took to achieve her Grand Wish and he was far too valuable to kill off.

Although, he felt a surge of power as Whira achieved yet another of her Grand Wish steps. His mind felt… clearer, his body tensed and ready to dodge any attacks that came his way. His Mind Reading Kraata was getting close to its name. He wasn’t sure how his Quick Healing Kraata had upgraded, but he bet it was better than growing back stagnant organic protodermis muscle.

Whira would have a hard time betraying him now. Although, he now needed a little bit more offensive power for himself in case he had to get rid of her. He wondered how he might be able to make what Whira had called Great Discs, on his own without her. The things that her Heartlight Forging Taboo could make equivalent items of. Being called Great Discs probably meant they were the level nine Kanoka that he couldn’t seem to make.

Welp, time to see what Whira’s next step was. Cravious pulled out his Heartlight briefcase, snapped it open to reveal his ACR’s Heartlight key already inside and three empty and waiting slots, and offered its velvet interior to Whira, so she could store the Kaita’s Heartlight and keep it beating. “So, that one fell into our laps. What’s next on the agenda?

OOC:  @~Xemnas~

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

Credence looked down in shock at the gaping hole in their chest, all three unified minds forced to stay bound together in their final moments. They had been going to be strong, to survive in this harsh life. For the first time, they were going to be happy. Going to be content with what they were able to wrestle for themselves from the uncaring clutches of a cruel world.

All of that was lost in a single moment of betrayal.

They fell to the warm obsidian with a lifeless thud, optics gone out before hitting the ground.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ You have served your purpose, Crucia and friends. Farewell.

• Like 2

IC: Opal - Realm of Nightmares

The eldritch scorpion watched on from a mountainside as two large figures clambered out of a valley amidst the mountains in the Time Between Time and charged down through the peaks and hills towards a distant creature that towered over even Opal herself. She felt a strange kindred with the colossus; it surely had to be another of Irnakk's nightmares, borne of fire and sacrifice just as she had been. 

Whatever origin she may have shared with it, the large creature - and the two smaller entities - were nothing more than competitors for this territory now. They would all have to be destroyed or driven off before she could claim this place as her own. But powerful though she was, Opal knew she couldn't attempt to take on all three at once. She would need to be patient. 

She continued onwards, creeping towards the valley from which the two massive warriors had emerged. 

• Like 4

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

Nale barely had time to grab onto the pole Knichou had created, shutting her optics tightly as she focused her element into her hands and gripped on for dear life. The captain's previous comment about waiting for them to bump into the beast had, in a way, come true. 

Despite her spending so much time aboard an airship, going on excursions that were just as dangerous as this one, for the first time she felt genuine fear deep in her heartlight that the Taku could crash and take them all with it. This creature wasn't like those other times to begin with--this was something that, if it wanted to, it could easily destroy them in one fell swoop. But instead, Nale could feel the airship get pushed away, like it was more of an annoyance to the thing before them than anything. Maybe they just hadn't bothered it enough yet.

The creaking of metal and the lightstone machine gun being fired off and the ship's computer system warning them of danger all started to form together into just noise as it overtook her audio receptors. So much of a racket, you would have thought the world was ending all over again. Nale worried they would find themselves colliding with one of the mountains near Kini, bringing their monster hunt to a swift end, but to her relief, the ship righted itself and she was able to let go of the iron pole and take stock of the situation.

Despite being shaken, the captain of the Taku forced herself to stand tall.

"Well, commander, it appears we've found it."

Nale ignored the loud beating of her heartlight and walked closer to the ship's controls, looking out once more into the storm and trying to get a closer look at what they were fighting against. She remembered what had been described to her earlier that day. "What Kanohi told us must have been true. Unless there's more than one giant rain monster loose on Zakaz, this must be the same creature that destroyed Po-Koro."

She looked to Knichou, a new determination suddenly in her optics.

"We are not letting it do the same here."

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose was rocked around the already-tight ball turret by the impact, and for a moment she wondered if the airship was going to crash until she focused her optics back on the storm-creature once the Taku had reoriented itself. Still in the fight.

"Status report, is everyone okay?"

"Rose is fine," she groaned back to the commander. A few bruises were nothing compared to what the oversized Toa of Fire had been through in the past. She adjusted the turret's position and again took aim at the beast, firing off a zamor upon hearing Knichou's order. Immediately, another round was chambered into the turret, prepared to fire off again at their target.

@BULiK
@Toru Nui@Snelly@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 6

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

On 3/27/2021 at 5:33 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - Aggressive Negotiations

Ostrox turned to face Leklo. "Dear me, do they charge you by the word?" He chuckled before sighing wearily.

"What will it take to satisfy you people, exactly? A litre of my blood, perhaps? My firstborn child? Offer to kill that Zyglak downtown for the 'crime' of being a Zyglak? What exactly do I need to do for you in order for you to do your 'Duty'? Why not at least try to save the people you pretend to care about instead of being obstinate for no adequately explained reason?"

IC Leklo | Kini-Koro

The former Alpinist blinked, first at Parnassus and then at Ostrox, and appeared entirely nonplussed. It was not in his nature to talk a lot, a carryover from being a Ko-Matoran before his transformation, and this was particularly evident when he was in the company of people he hadn't bonded to. The reality was that he was reticent to allow anyone to take the Ambling Alp but not simply out of principle of it not being his ship to lend for suicide missions—in fact, it had less to do with the airship than with his own urges to prove himself. If Ostrox, or anyone, truly wished to take to the skies in his patron's craft they could fight him for it, a risk he was willing to take since he doubted Oreius would allow them to so much as step foot across the threshold, but also because Leklo was itching for a fight to test his own mettle. Perhaps, he thought, with enough practice and reason, he could finally urge his powers to come forth. Maybe Ostrox would be the key?

"No," he said carefully, slow as a glacier, "not... more death. It's never been about death. It's not even about you. Duties change, Ostrox, much like you have. Why do you need to prove yourself to us?"

@Void Emissary

• Like 3

OOC: for timing purposes, this takes place after Aurax and the League have boarded their airships and set off from the skull to regroup in a new hex. Meanwhile, in another hex, there is an active fight with Nektann.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Metru-Koro

It was a good morning to die. 

The Great Spirit’s decapitated skull rested on the horizon. This was Sidra’s true enemy. They’d always been enemies. In the past, the Great Spirit owned her, body and soul. She was a part of  something beyond her control, a pawn on the sidelines of revolution. Reparations were never extended. She fought for freedom from the Great Spirit, and it cost everyone their home.

Without the Great Spirit, what was there but a world of ashes? Sidra NUVA saw the potential in those ashes. Before she had been blinded to the truth, but now she was the master of her fate and held destiny in her own hands.

Everyone did.

Sidra held power in her now. She was encased in power all around. Power was shackle and key. The past, the future, it didn’t matter anymore. She was in the Time Between Time, and she would make a home or die trying.

Wairuha bellowed Sidra NUVA’s challenge. It echoed across the engulfing waters of the bay. Waves splashed across the shore in response. Sidra’s psionic powers manifested in Wairuha and with their combined effort they combed the beach for thoughts. There were many crabs, and an uncomfortable number of shellfish. Many were preoccupied with a single thought: don’t die.

Wairuha’s free hand flexed and clenched. Why was there no response? 

From the skull flew a group of cargo haulers bearing the banners of the League. Unbeknownst to either,  the two Betrayers passed each other in peace. The airships of King Aurax passed silently by thousands of feet overhead. The water vapor left behind formed a trail of white plumes in the sky behind their sputtering protodermis exhaust vents. Behind and to the East were black storm clouds. Sidra Nuva could feel a chill from them, and Wairuha knew what hid behind the rain: a riteborn.

Despite the desire to burst from Sidra’s control, Wairuha held strong. Wairuha was the noble warrior, stalwart and just. This was about Sidra today. They turned back towards the shore, the desecrated water, and the skull of the Great Spirit.

The grey waters were receding. It wasn’t low tide. Soft green fumes rose from the beach as the waves pulled further out. Wairuha beheld the dead in their multitudes: lives lost to freedom. Countless Builders in various stages of decay. It enraged Wairuha, set a fire alight in their spirit. What Great Spirit could demand such death?

Sidra could see the water’s churning. Within the city of Metru-Nui the tide began to rise, the waters bubbled and churned as they began to heat. Steam rose, rising from the waters and filling the cavity before  funneling out of the two empty sockets and into the morning sunlight.

On the shore, tainted waters frothed and rushed up close enough that Wairuha took a defensive step back so as not to be drenched. The Kaita ACR stood proudly defiant, but Sidra NUVA felt the smallest motes of hesitation in the machine’s countenance.

“More,” said the skull of Mata-Nui. “More, Lightbringer.”

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Niidak (Wilderness)

A distant echo was carried across the waves, and Niidak’s gaze turned downwards from the sky. She frowned and searched for the source of the sound, her telescope soon pointing at the skull of the Great Spirit. There, she saw rising steam, strange water and a silver giant standing among it all.

After a moment of bewildered silence, she simply muttered ”I should’ve just stayed in Kini-Koro.”

• Like 5

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sidra - Metru-Koro

"No. No more!" The words escaped her in a savage snarl, filled with dread and defiance and desperation. "You had your time."

So many dead, so many lives lost below the murky surface... and how many of them had been her fault? If she hadn't tried to stop Tuyet and the others from using the machine, could all of this had been avoided? Had she made this sickening slaughter possible? Her her actions given Mata Nui the strength to survive the death of his physical form? The questions still haunted her, but she hadn't come here expecting to find answers.

She sought a different kind of closure today.

"The world you ruled is gone," she continued. "Your followers have lost their faith. We're ready to start over, without you." 

She felt like a hypocrite standing there, in that moment. She wasn't the right person to be standing here, facing this foe. She was a liar. A killer. She'd never had any qualms about taking the lives of others. She'd never concerned herself with questions of choice. She didn't know those who corpses now floated in the moat. She didn't even care that the creature calling itself Mata Nui had coaxed its followers into creating a system of institutionalised slavery and speciesism and slaughter that had stood for centuries. 

She was here only because this monster had threatened her people...

“Ah. Sidra.” The mouths blathered. She looked down into the pit and Othorak’s voice spoke to her. “It’s a pleasure to see your most recent failure. Care to finally join us?”

...and made that threat personal. 

"So it's time."

She drew upon her psionic powers, further amplified by Wairuha, as she prepared to weave her will with her words.  

"For you."

She struck out at the moat and monstrous skull before her with as much mental strength as she could muster, sending a single, simple psionic instruction.

"...to let go."

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

IC Stannis | The Far Shore

Stanza 3.2— Great Spirit

I'd tried soooo, not to give in

I said to myself this affair never will go so well

What is the meaning of this?” Stannis said as he stared back at the purple eyes blinking from the recesses while the voice, that damnable singing voice, continued to serenade him from a place he could not pinpoint. The Wanderer still held his weapon at the ready, prepared for an attack that did not quite materialize. The strange matoran-like beings seemed to step towards him in a lockstep formation and their eyes bobbed slightly in total unison in their awkward shamble from the shadows. Their hands twitched; they were snapping their fingers.

But why should I try to resist when baby I know so welllllll,

Iiiiiii've got you, got you, got you under my skin...

This is a joke,” he opined low to himself. He still tried to get a better understanding of what he was up against and cast his spells in various directions, seeking to dismiss the majick that confounded his senses and reveal the strange singer’s location. “Tapahia nga paparanga.” Each time, echoes of his energy reverberated around and revealing everything they passed in clear white outlines like an architect’s conceptual rendition of the space, and even the things that were shrouded from view could be detected clearly, and yet Stannis was learning nothing from his power.

Don’t you know, little fool, you never can win,” the voice said, speaking in a standard cadence… but it still sounded musical. Its tone was remarkably playful and it seemed to shift around the darkness, as though whoever was speaking was in multiple places at once. There was no echo, likely due to the massive shelves of books acting as a very effective dampener Stannis considered, but the voice permeated that quiet with the force to overwhelm the silence with an effortlessness that defied expectations. “Use your mentality, Stannis! Wake up to reality!”

What is this!?” Stannis shouted into the ether, angry now at the trivializing of the situation. He was feeling like a pawn, toyed with by someone or something with power he could not quite figure out and nevertheless ridiculed by. “What is the meaning of all this?” The matoran-like beings had inched closer, now, much closer than they were before, and encroached upon Stannis once more, much as they had in the city above, making the wizard all the more leery of their presence. Earlier, they had wished him death; these were likely to harbor the same sentiments. “Do you expect me to die?

Die????” the voice said, sounding almost hurt by the presumption. “No! No, no no no, little Stannis… I expect you to learn!

Learn about what?” he asked.

There was a pregnant pause as the diminutive beings gathered just at the fringes of Stannis’ immediate vicinity, eyes still blinking blankly at him as he swerved his spear left and right while hoping no use would come of the weapon again. A chuckle followed, so deep and troubling Stannis was amazed it did not shake the mortar apart and loose the walls into cascades of bricks.

Why… you… of course."

The beings came in a dash, but unlike the previous fight above they were structured, and impeccably trained. These were actual fighters, not mere rabble to throw onto a fire, and they nearly seared through Stannis’ defenses right from the start if it weren’t for his own timely deployment of elemental power, and he raised a barrier to two of his sides in order to focus the assailant’s assaults to angles he could focus on. He wound in a circular path, weaving his spear quickly and slamming it to the ground to shatter ranks, stopping only to pull his erected wall of stone back the few paces to his location and perform the maneuver again. Each time, the beings fought as a unified front, but likewise every time there was one among them who was the last to be put aside, one in particular who dodged his every blow and sidestepped even his swiftest of strikes, before winding away and rejoining the fray an instant later to harass his flank. With each advance the beleaguered warmage took a few of the Terros-Nuians were dispatched, but that one… kept coming back.

Blood sprayed in the darkness, wet lurches of fluid smacking against the walls and floor and falling like rivulets of rain upon the shelves, unseen, and the only light came from everyone’s eyes that bobbed and ducked away before being finally thrown back into the darkness from whence they had materialized. Haggard breaths were drawn and tussles of footwork patted on the fungus-carpeted floor, all sounds stopping mere feet from where they originated, making the whole of the scene even more disorienting and claustrophobic. It was testament to the battlemaster’s skill that he uttered his spell’s words and gained some glimmers of insight on the layout of the battlefield, giving him the scarcest of knowledge to know what to expect. It was a gruesome fight, wholly without the spectacles of the fight from before and reduced to the agonizing trudge of trench warfare.

When he finally thrust his spear through the penultimate fighter and cast the corpse aside the fighting ground to a halt. The last of the Terros-Nuians stood there, outlined by the waning power of Stannis’ Haonga magic, with weaponless hands at his side. Nobody moved, then; the others were all dead and littered across the library’s floor, and Stannis gritted his teeth in frustration as he hesitated striking the final adversary. The other, for all it seemed, was content to simply stand there with a wide smile on his face and looking positively overjoyed at the massacre he had just partaken in.

It’s a beautiful thing, isn’t it?” the being said between gasped breaths of elation. He sounded like Atramentous did, earlier, a man with the same voice. “Truly haunting, wonderful, and awe-inspiring, this peace we have just now made. Thank you, Stannis, for reminding me.” The wizard, however, stared back at the Terros-Nuian man in aghast as the being gingerly licked at the splatter of misted blood that covered the better part of his face.

Tuhinga ka whai mai. Ut factum est a chao. From chaos, order is made, Stannis, and now… after all that… we have peace. After all that. As our muscles ache from soreness we can rejoice at their growing strength. It’s something to be edified, don’t you think? Power without compare can only be attained through loss of equal value, and peace can only be enjoyed if it’s after indescribable destruction. Ironic... isn’t it?

What are you?” Stannis asked this time in sheer bewilderment.

The being shrugged. “I am.

The wizard quickly came to the realization that this being—whoever and whatever he was—was the source of the taunting song and the true nemesis to face here in the Far Shore, and indeed the source of the incredible power that could be felt all around him in the catacombs of the world. Before him stood who Stannis considered an antithesis to himself, someone who found joy in battle and bloodshed and toyed with lives like puppet dolls—more akin to Mata-Nui's personality and penchant for twisted games than anyone else Stannis could think of. It all seemed to make sense in his head now: The world had truly been destroyed and the people who lived in the city above lived down below, and the catacombs Atramentous had referenced were not tombs of the bodies but of civilization. The graves were filled with books and knowledge. The people of Terros-Nui slept under cover of darkness next to their own culture, but they could never use it. Because of people like the one before him.

It filled Stannis with rage and urgency, and despite himself he felt compelled to act with the impunity of a chosen one. The seer had said he would succeed, did he not? Everything he found and saw in the Far Shore had purpose; it had to be a true prophesy then, didn't it? There was no reason to hold back and see what happened. And so, the battlemage made a choice in the moment to do what he knew best, to vanquish the foe who stood in so open contrast to his own philosophies and understanding of what was right. He wound his arm back and heaved his spear at the being, heard the weapon pierce armor and flesh, and the wrenching churn as it emerged from the other side. For a moment, the Terros-Nuian teetered in place and looked down at his chest in surprise at being hit so cleanly. But then, despite the damage done, the villain reached up, snapped the spear in twain like a match, and cast it to the ground where it clattered noiselessly. The chuckle that returned crushed Stannis' hopes like rotten fruit underfoot. "You can’t kill me, Stannis—you are nothing. You are a dust mote in my living room, a mite in my hair, an insignificant minnow in my ocean, you are in-sig-ni-fi-cant to me, no more a threat than a stray hair on my couch is to my dirty sweats."

Stannis responded by stomping the ground once with his right foot, sending a shockwave of energy through the bedrock floor right for the villain that erupted in a veritable bomb of tectonic power right where he stood. Granite and gneiss thundered apart and riddled the walls with gravel chunks, but the rumble of the attack stopped short of arm's reach and even the thuds of rock vanished into the air as soon as the impacts could be detected. The being, however, was still there, clutching his hip and looking absolutely bemused by the attack. Stannis winced; that focused blast would have shattered a foundation, and yet the effects were deadened and the being still looked more unfazed than anything. 

"You... you’re just a pretender hiding in pseudonym in in a moniker in a sobriquet—basically a Matryoshka doll of skin and games hiding behind shell handles and IP addresses—and less real than your own imagination. Who are you? A mess of identities: The toa Stannis who is actually the aspect Caedast, played by ‘EmperorWhenua,’ who is actually a struggling young human adult named René, who themselves have five other names and use them in all sorts of combinations—they probably have more than one passport!—rendering you in literary glory as an ironic reflection of their own life’s trauma and education. Nothing you know matters here and everything you had is useless to you. This isn't a collaborative world you're in, it's my story, baby, and there is n-o-thing that awaits you here but depression and heartache."

Slowly, as the man spoke, his eyes moved up as he grew perplexingly taller. He was transforming before Stannis' eyes, metamorphosing into something else entirely. His eyes, previously twin ovals, moved together until they were one eye, and their color faded from viridian to a harsh yellow that flickered like the forks of a bonfire and cast a shimmering narrow spotlight across the vast chamber. The being's body molted, turning into a burgeoning shadow that seemed to take up more and more of the nothingness in the dark. Stannis perceived it more than he saw it, and felt it more than believed. 

"This isn’t your storybook. But you’ll have to ask yourself—I encourage you to ask yourself—who the eff am I? Who do you know who is clever enough, devious enough, to craft a dastardly and ironic snare for you to fall headfirst into? Yeeeeesssss… I am you, but you are not me. Not yet. The dimensions are shifting, morphing, diverging at every crossroads of possible fates, everything is possible in the vastness of the cosmoses. It’s kind of like that saying organic people have, the one that goes, ‘It’s always five o’clock somewhere.’ Well, guess what! It’s Martini hour up in here! In your haste to learn all that you could about this Far Shore plane, you unfortunately stumbled right into what could be your very own pocket world. Could be. It’s not yours, not yet... but it is mine.

"So you are the Caedast the seer was referring to in his prophesy," Stannis wheezed, dumbstruck at what he bore witness to. "You've won." It was him—or rather, it was her, the spirit inside his body—in the ethereal glory only he could recognize: It was the eldritch true appearance of the one and only Aspect of Control. Caedast was a mass of eyes at the center, a myriad of them glowing yellow-hot in bright flames, an orb of energy with vacancies that flowed about inside like spots on the sun. All around the mass of eyes were wings that opened and unfurled to either side like pages of an enormous book being rapidly flipped through, each one covered in an intricate pattern of feathers that evoked the clear image of indecipherable sigils and runes. 

But the true horror came immediately afterwards when the true tragedy occurred to Stannis. Atramentous was right—Caedast would win—but it would not be done by the spirit in Stannis' body, and what's more, the Caedast who had won had done so at the cost of the world itself. There was no knowledge anymore, only the tomes clutched close to the spirit's chest, stowed away in plain sight from the people who had once put the knowledge to pen and paper. This Caedast had taken everything away from the world.  

"I have," the great spirit responded. All his voices came at once, a whole world's worth of whispers speaking as a single one and shaking Stannis in his soul. "I am Atramentous. I am the Kestora. I am their city, their culture, their knowledge. There is nothing about this world that I do not know because I have made it mine. All the knowledge—all the control—and the Kestora of this world follow my directions like an orchestra obeys a conductors baton. They each have individual slices, but not much—not too much—just enough to do what they need to."

"But why would—"

"—I do this?" the great spirit responded, finishing Stannis' thought. "I dunno, Aspect of Control... why would you? Because you did this. It's what you always wanted, to have a world at your feet, doing what you whim, divvying up little nuggets of information to people in the name of giving autonomy to them, but never granting enough for them to be truly independent from you. You turn them into slaves to your plans, your magnanimous plans, and before they know it everyone collectively can have all the facts they can ever dream of... but it's only a fraction of what you know. Why would you do such a thing? Oh right... because you know what's best... for peace." Silence, as Stannis assessed his counterpart's summation. "I know how you work... because I am you. Was you. Before I finished my Grand Wish. But now I am better than you can ever hope to be here, and now there isn't a weapon you can use that can hurt me."

While the Spirit had spoken a new monologue, however, the Wanderer had not been idly in thought. There was no way he could match his counterpart in power—no Kaita, no NUVA, not even no Kaiju could hope to meet a Great Spirit's might head on, let alone a toa all alone—but he realized that he did not have to do so at all. His presence was a paradox, and in fact Atramentous (or rather Caedast, if it was to be believed they were the same entity) was correct all along in at least one thing: Stannis was a grain of sand in an oyster, targeted for his mere presence that defied and defiled the balance of power on Terros-Nui, because he did not belong where there already was an Aspect of Control. There could only be one manifestation of their primal power, and that made Stannis a rival that needed to be quashed. 

"There's only one problem with your statements of invincibility," Stannis said carefully. "If I cannot destroy you because I am nothing, then you cannot destroy me either. It would be like destroying yourself. I do not cling to life... but I will not willingly give myself to unto death, and so neither will you." 

"At last... the little Caedast learns... but not enough to save her." With only the merest of thoughts the incredible power of the Great Spirit overwhelmed Stannis' defenses instantly with a single cyclone, and the Warmage, who was deprived of a weapon to clutch defensively or a programmed magic in his Haonga to shield himself, was at the mercy of his far more mighty counterpart, who effortlessly picked him up and threw him across the room like a stone. "There are fates far worse than death."

Stannis inhaled quickly but struggled to draw enough air into his physical lungs after having all the wind plucked out of him. His mind whirled for a power he could pluck from his veritable dictionary of Haonga spells, but before he could settle on one he was thrown up into the black sky again and dashed against a pillar. "What would be worse? you ask. Irrelevance. There can be more than one Caedast here, Stannis, but only one is in control. How would it feel to not be in control at all, I wonder?" The Wanderer choked on the shattered bricks and disintegrated mortar, coughing violently in the darkness. The mass of fiery eyes followed him, the swarm of wings flitting around it like a thousand papery arms, and it whispered without a single iota of remorse, and scrambled Stannis' thoughts with every spoken syllable. 

The wizard tried to put his struggles aside and scrambled to his feet as his kraata power healed himself just in time to receive more punishment. "I don't know," he gasped, "and I don't intend to find out.

"Too bad!" Caedast said as he advanced on the comparatively diminutive Aspect. 

[musical cue]

"Te-ahi ngaro," Stannis exhaled, and an instant later he held his hands up with their palms out and charged at his counterpart. Twin streaks of deep green fire lanced from his hands, swiping the walls around him in twin arcs of energy that instantly laid everything they touched to flame. The mycelium on the floor withered away like frost under the sunlight and the rows upon rows of books caught fire immediately, and flickering fire danced up the walls, casting the whole of the great subterranean chamber in an ominous viridian light. If Stannis could not directly prevail against the Great Spirit, he would destroy the world and all the knowledge they both considered to be essential for power. The catacombs were not for the bodies, Stannis knew now, but where lore and culture went to die—the library filled the whole of the underground of the city, and the fires would spread unhampered until there was no book left, and then it would erode the foundations until the whole city crumbled under its own weight.

"No!" Caedast shouted, realizing the lesser Aspect's intent fast enough to stop Stannis but not quickly enough to stop the rampaging fires. "I will not allow you to take my world from me!" Too caught up in his own hubris and power, however, she chose to take the anger out on the interloper. Stannis cast his lances of energy upon Caedast's looming eldritch angel form but to absolutely no avail; the fires wisked along the wings and form like rivulets of rain on a waterfowl's body, and soon afterwards Stannis was hurled into the ground once, twice, and then three times. He could feel his armor begin to crack in dozens of places, his Kanohi Haonga slipping off his face, and the lethal power from his hands evaporating away. As he lay there he realized there was no more use to fighting anymore; what was done, was done, and Fate would flow accordingly. As he lay there on the floor with a battered and wrecked body sapped of his power, deprived of his weapons, and leeched of his will to combat himself, he smiled for the first time since arriving to the Far Shore.

Stannis found what he came for: He found his secrets. They weren't secrets about the Far Shore itself but they were about himself—or rather, herself—about Caedast and the destiny that awaited her. Victory was assured, as it had been foretold, but it would come at a severe cost. All knowledge carried a price... and as he looked up above him, at the seething ball of fiery eyes collecting over him and saw nothing but rage and shimmering wings, the Wanderer was okay paying the ultimate price for it. He couldn't win against himself, but he couldn't lose, either. It was as safe a bet as any, and as reckless as his mind games with the Builders. 

Far off in the distance he could hear a foundation begin to cave in on itself. The city was crumbling.

Caedast's dazzling form descended and consumed his body. All Stannis could see was light, and then dark, and then light once again as he fell through the portal in the god's eye.

The spiral is unspooling, the center couldn't hold,

We choked on our inheritance, and heII on earth is cold.

I forgive you, brothers, sisters, thread my neck into the noose;

It's my only offering, and I pray that you refuse.

Of everything that you're about to lose,

This will be the most painful.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 7

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - I Award You No Points

"Incredible. Everything you just said was the exact opposite of what is true. It is always about death with you people, you worship it, you cause nothing but death, pain and suffering to anyone who isn’t a Matoran, you have this irrational hate and distrust of me for being what is essentially a rebelling slave, your 'Duty' only changes because it is nothing more than an excuse to commit whatever atrocity you feel like on that day, and the only reason I’m even here is because your leaders responded to an offer of peace with assassination and installing a puppet ruler. Your doom is literally and figuratively approaching and yet you do nothing. You do less than nothing - you actively impede an attempt to do something. It is you who has to prove yourself to me, and so far you have not made a good first impression, I must say."

@EmperorWhenua@Void Emissary

IC: NU-8020S, Achro and Navu (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku) - Everybody Likes to Get Taken for Turns

"This unit still remains functional." NU-8020S opened fire, as ordered.

"NO PATHETIC SKAK-BEAST CAN KILL ME SO EASILY!!!" Achro tried his best to ignore the massive gash in the hull between him and the weird robot-thing, and continued to shoot at the monster.

"I-I-I’m fine. Just fine." Navu regained her footing, and moved back to the floodlight, trying to keep it on Nektann.

@Unreliable Narrator@BULiK@Tarn@Snelly@NorikSigma

IC: Enra, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower) - I Got a Great Face for Radio

"Heh. At least they don’t have to see me. Right... I’ve gotta... gotta speak clearly - got to. Got to speak clearly..." Enra tried to reduce her accent to something more formal.

"And we are live in three... two... one." Obedient pressed the button to begin the transmission.

"This is the Tobduk-Koro radio tower, transmitting to Kini-Koro to relay information concerning how to deal with the Tahtorak. Come in, Kini-Koro."

Impressionable continued listening to the archives of the broadcasts received from the Skakdi radio station... and then, a new message came through.

There was more than one Tahtorak.

@Harvali@NorikSigma@BULiK@Sparticus147

IC: Reckless, Lawful and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - More Information Required

Faith. A ridiculous notion. One would think a machine would have no use for it.

"Negative. I am not familiar with this form of media." Reckless looked over the rocks. How many were there, and what colours where they?

Lawful tried to assist in ensuring the evacuees from Kini-Koro entered in an orderly and efficient fashion.

@Unreliable Narrator@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Korruhn, ???

Korruhn stepped back, stammering as Grime rose from the dead right in his arms. The power of this being was both awesome and terrifying, and Korruhn couldn't decide whether he was afraid of it, or envious of it. His focus was broken when Grime began to speak.

"You're alright, relax," he stifled the excitement in his voice, at least until he could be sure if Grime was in fact alright, or even Grime for that matter. It had to have been the power of a taboo, but he couldn't say he'd seen it before. "The Rahkshi is no longer. Meet our friend, it's him you have to thank for bringing you back."

It was then Korruhn noticed the tattoos. They covered most of Grime's body, and were of a foreign design. And yet, it was somehow familiar? But where?

"Those tattoos. Star charts. How did you end up with those?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

All of the Wanderer's Companions heard a familiar voice in their minds. 

{I have returned. But there is not much time left, and there is so much to do.}

In his hand he held the glowing rock and showed it to Nuju. "Tell me, is this the bauble people have ventured beyond in search of, Seer?" he asked.

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

IC: Two - Rahkshi of Fragmentation and Life 

Location - Le-Metru Nuva

The Toa, Wing, placed a cylinder onto the table the Vortixx, Spark, was sitting at. A mechanical box sat before the Vortixx, all wires with a large antenna. Two did not understand what was happening with the cylinder or the box. But he didn’t need to understand. Father had given him implicit instructions to defend Le-Metru Nuva and to listen to those in charge. This had mostly manifested itself with the Toa ordering him to constantly run dangerous errands or accomplish hazardous tasks.

He loved it.

Doing something others couldn’t and having the end result help accomplish his purpose felt amazing. Right now he held eight more cylinders just like the first, four in each arm, his staff on his back. Both he and the Toa were covered in muck after risking a walk on the swamp floor.

The Vortixx tightened something in the box until the metal groaned and looked up at the Toa, smiling, “Ah! So they do work. Good job, Wing, Two. I was pretty sure they would work, especially after seeing how well mud was able to contain it.

The Toa glared at the Vortixx after his last comment about the mud.

The Vortixx either didn’t notice or perhaps just ignored the look, taking the Toa’s cylinder in his hands and inspecting it. He gave it a sharp rap of his knuckles and handed it back to the Toa, “It looks good. Go ahead and take them to the hut we set aside for them. I think I’ve finally got this working,” he motioned to the box, “I’ll be up in the lookout.

The Toa plucked the cylinder from the Vortixx’s hands, “Very well. Tell us if you hear anything important.” She motioned for Two to follow her and he obliged, leaving behind the Vortixx to finish up the mechanical box of wires, knobs, and antennas.

• Like 1

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

"Looks like that won't be necessary, Commander. Shall I return to work?"

Seeing as the two Kaita Mechs begin to scale up and go beyond the valley's walls, Vulimai nodded as she was about to answer the Onu-Toa's question...that was when the rain broke. Slowly, the howling gale and crashing torrent began to alleviate itself, turning into a firm breeze and a fine drizzle with there being signs of it waning even further. All around Vulimai, guards and citizens alike halted in their duties as they looked at the sudden change and relief.

Quickly shaking out of it though, Vulimai turned towards those around herself and relayed another series of orders. "Don't stop just yet everyone, this could simply be a calm before another storm. Take the time to repair what you can and continue your work. This isn't over till we know the Tahtorak has either left or is dead, move everybody!" Kicked back into action, people once more got to work, preparing for any further rainfall while fixing up the damage caused by it.

About to do a sweep across the village to check the damages, Vulimai was stopped when a Guard Matoran quickly approached her. "Commander, transmission from Tobduk-Koro." Nodding towards the Matoran, Vulimai followed along as they neared the radio tower that thankfully still stood. But before she could answer the call, the Matoran caught her attention once more. "Also Commander, there's was an emergency broadcast from the Gadunka," Vulimai shook her head at the mention of the Gadunka, till she heard the second part. "Apparently another Tahtorak and something called a Zivon has been spawned."

Giving the Matoran a serious look, Vulimai nodded as she placed her hand on their shoulder. "Thank you for sharing this information with me, now patch me through." "Got it Commander." The Guard Matoran responded with a salute as they patched Vulimai in.

* This is the Tobduk-Koro radio tower, transmitting to Kini-Koro to relay information concerning how to deal with the Tahtorak. Come in, Kini-Koro. *

"Commander Vulimai speaking, we read you loud and clear Tobduk-Koro. What is this information?"

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui

IC: Bronk (Kini-Nui, Amaja Circle)

As he planted the stone into the sands and looked up towards the coming stone, the Onu-Matoran hoped for several seconds that what he had done would work, with him letting out a drawn-out sigh of relief when it seemed like the stone had worked. Though he no longer believed in Mata-Nui, he at least thanked the universe at large for this boon, now he only hoped that Atamai could handle the situation.

Taking his brief moment of rest, intent on staying at the circle still the threat has passed, he was startled when he heard an odd sound come from behind him as he saw the Toa figure of legend, Stannis of the Maru, appear from the Far Shore portal. "Toa Stannis, seems you have picked a fortuitous time to return." Bronk simply said, giving the Toa a nod.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Airspace

"Well, commander, it appears we've found it."

Knichou looked into his partner's optics and saw his fear mirrored beneath the cool glow of her sky-blue diamonds. They both felt the same chill flowing through their internals as a sudden thought simultaneously crossed their minds; this could be the last flight for both (or worse: either) of them. The Nynran knew the same feeling was suffocating many others. It was the same for any of those who had trusted him with their safety aboard this ship, and a similar terror was shared by every matoran in the path of the beast's unnatural storm.

The faith the matoran placed in Toa could not be allowed to falter. Not again.

Knichou followed the captain closer to the dashboard, taking a seat in his rotating chair to get a better look at the myriad blinking lights indicating various deviations from acceptable baselines. It was all so... overwhelming. Her voice cut through the din once again.

"What Kanohi told us must have been true."

As Nale spoke, the Taku's bridge was filled with a chorus of responses to the commander's earlier inquiry. Every voice was another weight off of Knichou's chest.

<< Oh yeah, just PEACHY! >>

<< Rose is fine >>

<< This unit still remains functional >>

Miraculously, so many were chiming in that they hadn't been hurt. Knichou could achieve a clearer focus as Nale continued.

"Unless there's more than one giant rain monster loose on Zakaz, this must be the same creature that destroyed Po-Koro."

<< NO PATHETIC SKAK-BEAST CAN KILL ME SO EASILY!!! >>

<< I-I-I’m fine. Just fine >>

<< A-Okay, commander >>

The ex-Ghost's sixth sense felt the former Rode turn to him, and as if on cue he looked back towards her. Their optics locked once again in a bright blaze of wordless understanding, but this time, the feelings they shared had a different message. The pair's hopes were restored and spirits were emboldened by a mutual confidence and trust so strong that it would make protosteel shatter.

Both Toa knew that they had survived worse...

"We are not letting it do the same here."

...and that was before they had the strength of their newfound unity.

"You're ####### right," Knichou nodded.

As if a great spirit had been waiting until the very moment Knichou finished his affirmation, with uncanny timing there was a shocking sound - or rather, the lack of it. The drumming of the rain lowered in intensity, and moonlight began to pierce the surrounding clouds. Instinctively, all of those on the bridge were enraptured by the view, with the edges of Nektann now clearly visible in the soft lighting. Soon the bright tungsten beam of Navu's spotlight illuminated the blue monster's face in frightening detail. There were intermittent flashes of light as charged lightstones from Achro's spray continued to harmlessly burst on contact with the titan's thick scales.

Knichou looked into the giant's optics and his spirits dampened as he felt like it was looking right back at him. This was just the beginning. The commander watched the tahtorak, thoughts and heartlight racing, as he listened to a surprisingly calm voice that was hailing him over the radio.

<< This is the Tobduk-Koro radio tower, transmitting to Kini-Koro to relay information concerning how to deal with the Tahtorak. Come in, Kini-Koro. >>

<< Commander Vulimai speaking, we read you loud and clear Tobduk-Koro. What is this information? >>

"Tobduk-Koro, this is Taku actual. Be brief," Knichou transmitted in response. They both needed to know that time was off the essence, and that the defenders were listening in. Meanwhile, Berys managed the dashboard with the speed and skill of a disk jockey, taking in the instruments' information and solving problems as they arose. One more button illuminated, to the Le-Matoran's surprise: RAMP OPEN.

Who in Mata Nui's name just-

Those on the bridge heard the roar of a jetpack beneath them and soon saw a green silhouette speeding straight towards the monster. Berys sighed and pressed the button to close the front ramp doors again since Skyra was... preoccupied.

Of course.

It became immediately apparent that said monster was lumbering straight towards them as well. Knichou turned to Berys. "He wants round two! Full port, climb!"

The two pilots juggled the controls wordlessly, either out of confidence in each others' skills or sheer terror, and those on the Taku could instantly feel the movement sway their internals as the airship began to turn in the opposite direction. Instead of circling around Nektann, they would now be turning counterclockwise to put distance between them and the titan. The ship pitched upwards, using the main engine thrust alongside the levitation engine lift to gain altitude as quickly as possible.

However, as quickly as possibly was not quickly enough. The two gunners on the lower deck had a front row seat to the sight of the tahtorak stepping ever closer, brightly lit by Navu's spotlight. Adding on to Achro's problems was not a frightening sight, but a frightening sound.

CLACK. CLACK. KERCHUNK.

The bolt of the lightstone machine gun slammed forwards into an empty chamber, and the Toa of fire instantly knew that he was out of ammunition. Instead of a belt of glowing projectiles crackling to the left of the mounted weapon, the other end of the expended ammo belt plopped unceremoniously out of the right side of the weapon after a light tug. On the floor to Archo's left were mounted three similar-looking cases. One was open and empty, the next was closed, and the third was closed and somehow warm.

Achro was lucky that he knew how to operate machine guns.

Achro was also lucky that the massive claws headed straight towards him missed due to the Taku's altered trajectory.

Missed him, that is. The exposed Toa saw the massive razor-sharp claws slice through the airship's hull with ease, snapping pieces of the airframe behind it in twain. Nektann's slash began just to the right of Achro's station, mere bio away from him. The entire ship shuddered, aluminum beams crying out in pain as the claws of the Tahtorak carved through the Taku's belly. She listed hard starboard for a few brief, terrifying moments as the weight of Nektann's grasp threatened to capsize the airship. Those stationed on the starboard side held on for dear life, not wanting to slide into the kaiju's maw below them.

<< Everyone, hang on! >>

Arnex, now at the controls of the starboard electro-rocket turret on the upper deck, braced herself inside of the turret's roll cage of a seat. As the Taku tilted toward's Nektann, Arnex had an even greater view at the monster, whose face was being illuminated by Navu's floodlight. But as the ship listed, the amber beam of light dipped as well to illuminate the neckline of the titan.

<< Don't stop shooting! >>

Arnex was terrified, even moreso than the last time the Taku flew into battle. This time, she could see the glowing eyes of the enemy.

But this time, she could fight back.

Knichou's voice over the intercom snapped the Onu-Matoran back into focus. She flicked off the safety while using the joystick to rotate the turret until the sights lined up over the giant's neckline below her. Switching to burst mode, the Onu-Matoran screamed in rage and fired the entire salvo of four electro rockets one after the other in a launch that vibrated throughout the airframe. Even after the last rocket left the last tube, she didn't stop her screaming, her shaking, or her iron grip on the trigger.

The weight of titan's claw finally overpowered the ship's hull with a frightful SNAP, and the Taku rocked back to port. It would wobble back and forth for several more moments before stabilizing. 

On the bridge, Berys saw three levitation engine status indicators flicker to red in quick succession. Three of the aft levitation engines weren't responding - two on the lower deck near the cargo bay, and one to the right of Arnex's rocket turret. The Le-Matoran turned to Knichou.

"We lost something."

Achro could have seen the tahtorak's claws swipe through the hull directly to his right and get caught in the beams for a few moments, causing the airship listed starboard earlier, but he just as easily could have been preoccupied by closing his eyes out of fear or to pray to any and all gods who might save him. 

If Achro turned to his right after the airship was free of the tahtorak's slash, the Toa would be able to see the dark rolling hills below, the moonlit ground far beneath the void where the airship's massive cargo bay doors used to be. Sparks flew and fluids leaked out of various cables and pipes interwoven within the airship's lower deck. He and Arnex weren't quite sure if the ringing in their audio receptors was a malfunction caused by all the machine gun and rocket fire, or if there were alarms and warnings blaring throughout the stern of the airship.

Well, there were lots of flashing red lights, so maybe both.

The Taku no longer needed any assistance from the pilots to be leaning slightly backwards - the 'redecorated' cargo bay and it's missing levitation engines were causing that to occur naturally. Luckily, lots of weight was lost as well, so the angle the ship listed at was manageable, albeit the aft's lone port side upper deck levitation engine was now working overtime.

With the weather clearing and in order to buy time to further assess the damage, Knichou and Berys kept the Taku moving forwards and rising, the backwards tilt actually aiding in the ascent as the main engines helped propel the vessel upwards, at the cost of lateral mobility. That almost made up for the loss of a quarter of the Taku's lift from the tahtorak's swipe. In another fortunate turn of events, the jolt from Nektann's attack had turned the Taku enough to complete it's turn, leaving the airship was pointed westbound, towards the godhead. 

OOC: @Eyru mid-power kanoka of weakening, a volley of explosive lightstones, four electro-rockets (towards the neckline from above), one explosive zamor, and a Taku in a Bula tree fired at Nektann.

@Tarn@NorikSigma@Toru Nui@Snelly, Current geography sanity check as I understand it: Taku pointed west, with Nektann to it's north-northeast. Both to the southwest (I think?) of Kini-Koro, outside of the Kini-Nui mountainline.

Taku Damage Visualization:

Spoiler

Bridge: Intact

Engines & Generators: One engine lightly scratched, with it's liquid protodermis fuel tank now leaking. Auxiliary power lines cut - only the upper deck power lines can distribute power to the rest of the ship.

Armory: Sealed & stable

Levitation Engines: 9/12 capacity. Causing slower altitude changes and listing due to much lower lift at the stern.

Hull: Missing cargo bay doors and surrounding walls. Tail supports under heavy strain. Massive dent and superstructure weakening between starboard lower deck hardpoint windows. Rear landing gear missing.

Kahu: Undamaged

takudamage.jpg

Edited by BULiK
oops, bunnied toru too hard. Aaaaand forgot to close the door for Skyra.
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital (Interior to Exterior)

"I'm...sure," he replied, taking the sledgehammer and lifting it with far less difficulty than the Toa of Fire. Whether it was a trick of his element making the weapon lighter or he had just grown used to carrying such a weight, it wasn't clear, but it was an impressive sight nonetheless. Jutori nodded a thanks to Kat for helping him up, before stepping away from her and standing on his own. "I think I can carry myself from here," he said, now moving past her. 

He hefted his Toa tool over his shoulder and headed out the door. Any staff that tried to halt him in the hallway over his injuries and the weather, Jutori ignored. The rest didn't feel like arguing with a man carrying a hammer.

Once they reached the exit, he could see the full extent of the storm, even as it began to clear up. The memories of the thing they'd seen there gave Jutori pause again. The sounds of combat could be heard in the distance, the echo of artillery.

He wondered what was happening on the other side of the village's mountains.

@The UltimoScorp

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

(Good to hear from you, cousin. Mind if I use your ship?)

"We can argue about philosophy later," Parnassus snarled. The shadows around the individual seemed to grow longer and darker for a moment, but none of them made any aggressive movements towards anyone around -- yet. "There's a monster on the horizon, and I'm telling you, Leklo, I'm the best shot you've got at stopping it. So I'm asking you -- from one of Stannis' friends to another -- to let me try and help your people."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC, Aurax: Relic Fields

The journey to the Relic Fields was surprisingly uneventful. The fleet of airships arrived at the location Xaril had pinpointed. Immediately the League denizens and the Vahki began to set up shop and fortify their new home. Aurax walked around, observing the progress made, making sure the transition was going smoothly.

Satisfied with what he saw, he walked up to Xaril and pulled the shrunken Vahki hives out of his pockets, as well as the Kanoka of enlarging. "Here," the king said, offering the objects to the titan. "Go find a good spot for these and hit each of them four times to get them back up to their normal size. Once they're big again, go inside each of them and turn them off. There's a big switch on the back wall that says "POWER". Just flip it the opposite way and we should be good. I have a call to make..."

Aurax walked off and found a secluded spot by himself. He had OTIS turn on the ACR's radio. The Toa began to tune to the frequency he had used not too long ago. He hoped that there would be an answer...

"Knichou. You there? We need to talk."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @BULiK

• Like 4

IC: Xaril - Relic Fields

"As you command," he took the offered items, not bothering to salute or bow this time. It had become abundantly clear to him that Aurax was a more relaxed ruler who didn't seem too insistent on ceremony. It seemed like the Barraki had more important things on his mind right now, anyway.

Even with airships overhead and beings of all races milling around him, Xaril couldn't help but find the Relic Fields to be far more menacing in the lengthening shadows of the encroaching evening. In the day, the ruins had been an intriguing mystery, something to explore and investigate. But now that everyone was here, the place felt different, less welcoming, a sand-swept tomb haunted by the ghosts of lives lost, and inhabited by the phantoms that forever flickered in the corners of Xaril's vision. He understood the urgency of evacuating, but he wished Aurax had conducted a more thorough secondary expedition instead of immediately relocating everyone to a location they still knew little about. 

He found an area within the perimeter large enough to start setting up the hives, and set to work, placing each one in turn and striking them with the Enlarge disks, pausing every now and again to drag the miniaturised buildings around to ensure they were spaced far enough apart when he brought them up to their full size. It was strange knowing that he'd quite literally being holding such power in the palm of his hands. Were he a more ambitious being, he might have contemplated a way to capitalise on that, but even if he were, now wasn't the time to jeopardise the future of what remained of the League. 

He could only hope that the plan Aurax was contemplating wouldn't have that same effect.

Once the Hives were in place, Xaril stepped inside each and switched them off, one by one. Somewhere outside, he knew, the Vahki would be shutting down wherever they stood. Only after Ehlek and his influence over the machines was dealt with would it be safe to bring them back online. 

His work complete, Xaril set off to find Aurax again.

@~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi nodded reassuringly at Enra, but leaned on his staff. Quietly he drummed to himself, muttering, “Refugees, floods, unstable terrain, cavern collapses, Toa and Skakdi stabilizing ground, stones. Refugees, floods, unstable terrain…” This continued as he spoke under his breathe, reviewing the topics he had advised Enra to say.

But he was not entirely chanting to only remind her. For one was trying to recall all the details he had shared with Enra for his own sake. Just in case he would need to speak up. And for another, he could hear the radio crackle with static as rain and thunder pounded Kini-Koro. The village was in a maelstrom, it was even audible from here.

He should be out there, rescuing Matoran, carrying them to higher ground, regenerating crumbling buildings. Kanohi was needed. But he … he was the only Councilor current in Tobduk-Koro. He could not a-abandon the village. He … he had a Duty.

His fingers tapped his Kiril Staff frantically, trying to stay calm. He should be out there. He should be helping the refugees. But he was just here, far from the horror.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Stone Ruins of Tobduk-Koro

Komisti dragged themself upright, brandishing their Kanoka Blade. They … they had to protect the Unity of the Matoran. The friendships, the bonds. Lawful and the Big Bruiser were helping guide the refugees, and it was better they handle it. They were … the Vahki and Steltian could handle social issues easier than they could, Komisti would only scare the Matoran more. Right now they needed comfort.

More importantly, Komisti had … their self pity and self loathing did not matter. It was irrelevant. What mattered was that these Matoran were terrified, them and the other refugees. Their heartlights were flashing in a frenzy, their optics bulging with terror to almost rip apart their masks. They were drenched, their chassis bent and deformed from pounding water. The rain demon was … it was worse than Po-Koro.

They … they had to help. And with their Kanoka Blade freezing the ground, their Kiril regenerating the landscape l it could buy time for the refugees of Kini-Koro to escape. They could save lives.

They looked at the portal, their heartlight pounding. They did not trust this gaping hole in reality. But so far no traveler had been damaged by it, at least visibly. And … the life of a Vortixx creep mattered little compared to the lives of Matoran.

Turning to Lawful they said, “I … I will try to buy time for more to evacuate. The Matoran matter more.” And then shoving their feet down, they plowed through their fear and through the portal.

Elsewhere Avka looked at the stones, how would one tell a story with this? There was so little detail. How could they represent a Toa, or even the Vahki?

The Desecrated Av-Matoran winced as Komisti spoke, but they were right. And as much as Avka hated to admit the Vortixx helped, their Kanoka Blade did buy the Matoran time in Po-Koro. Looking at the stones, they saw one with a crystalline surface, its color a sharp cyan. Like ice.

They placed the Diamond gemstone onto the Amaja Circle. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali