Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Spiriah | Spiriah's Labyrinth

The three mesi ascended. Though they had tried to follow separate paths, the tunnels of compacted earth soon branched too far away, and each could feel their elemental abilities waning as they moved farther apart. So Spiriah summoned them back together with a mental command, seething internally. The trio continued their journey more quickly now, following this single lane of compacted earth. They were nearing the surface now: each could sense the vast emptiness above them, a void that could not be filled. Then they sensed something different moving from below, and from all around them. The lanes of compacted earth shattered into fragments and began to ascend themselves, ripping violently through the earth. Too many of these fragments were large enough to contain a toa—who knew which one might contain the one they pursued? Spiriah didn't care. He was as convinced as ever that they were on the right track. He was sure that the toa, blind and pain-addled, would surely have chosen the most direct route to the surface. The fact that he was still bending the earth to his will was testament to his power, but even Krom-strength could not last forever. This was Arkius's last maneuver, born of desperation, and it would not save him.

Still, the three mesi were forced to slow their ascent in order to protect themselves from the sudden storm. They moved in unison, their strength combining effortlessly, and the earth moved around them in response. The shards were deflected to one side or the other to tear new paths through the underground. Far below, the countless other mesi shivered as the earth quivered above them like a bowl of pudding. But their god's call could not be ignored, so they swallowed their fear and soldiered on, moving through the countless twisting tunnels towards the surface, seeking their master's prize.

OOC: @Onaku

IC: Tuyet | Zakazian Skies

The toa of water grimaced. Whether in disgust at his weakness or in solidarity with his fear, Exuze couldn't tell. Tuyet opened her mouth to speak, then seemed to catch her breath. Her eyes were far away. She stared out the window for a long moment, then blinked her way back to reality.

"Storm... storm's clearing up," she finally said. "Look."

Sure enough, the black clouds on the horizon has begun to break up, and the howling wind had quieted down. The airship now sailed on a smooth, even keel, which made Exuze feel a bit better. Behind them, chunks of fluffy clouds had already broken free of the dark mass. Scooped out of the cloud bank like ice cream, they left behind ragged holes through which sunlight now splashed, lighting up the vast skull that dominated the western horizon. The east was still dark, and the haze of falling rain could still be seen, but perhaps the worst was over. Perhaps the storm was moving away.

""That's a toa-sized complex you've got there," Tuyet said, returning at last to their conversation. She tapped a dial on the dashboard with one blue fingernail and watched the needle quiver. "Don't want to get hurt, so you keep everything to yourself. I've seen, like, a dozen toa die from that, you know."

She looked over at her passenger, allowing a rare moment of eye contact. "Damage is a part of life. It's the closest thing I've got to a universal rule. Might as well spend it where you're happiest, 'cause who knows how much time you've got left. Like, if you knew everything was gonna end in like, three months, then where would you wanna spend it? Up here in an airship going green around the mask? I'm gonna hit doubt on that one, chief."

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Skyra leapt from the Taku into a world of chaotic wind. Even being a toa of air, she was immediately swept aside from her intended course, and it took all her strength to muscle her way back into something resembling a flight path. Swooping high over the tahtorak as the fog and clouds began to clear up, it hit her just how massive this creature truly was. The veil of clouds and vapor had hidden its form—it had been reduced to a shadow behind a curtain. An arm here, a leg there, a tail crashing into the mountains. It had been an assortment of disparate limbs and parts. Now it was whole, and it was terrifying.

Nektann was a monster of titanic size and strength. His body was a mountain come to life, moving about on limbs the size and thickness of old-growth redwoods. His arms were corded with muscle and powered by pistons of enormous size and strength. Skyra watched the tahtorak swipe at the air and realized that each jagged claw was as big as she was. And as the creature opened its mouth to bellow again, she looked down its gullet and saw a vast cavern lined with stalactites and stalagmites of teeth that opened into an abyss. If she flew into his mouth—not even Skyra was this reckless— she could probably descend all the way to his stomach without once touching either side of his throat. Then Nektann closed his mouth, and she saw his eyes.

They were golden and webbed with black veins and spots. A vertical pupil split each orb down its center, black as the void. They were lizard's eyes, and they looked about at the world without fear or caution. Nektann did not know fear. All he knew was loss. All he knew was forgetfulness and the anguish of looking for something and not finding it there. This grief made him angry. It was a wild, reckless, heedless rage, for in the depths of his loneliness he somehow understood that there was nothing left to lose. The world was barren and empty. it was a wilderness of pain, and he would break it open like an egg. He would not stop until only the empty shell remained.

Swooping in, Skyra began to fire into these pained eyes. The skyblaster jerked in her arms as it fired, but her muscled arms kept each shot on target. Each burst of light darkened her surroundings as the weapon pulled ambient light into concentrated blasts. The bullets of solid light splashed against Nektann's eye, appearing to do little to no damage, but the flashing light was enough of a distraction to make him turn away from the limping Taku towards the toa that hovered around him like an annoying insect. Navu's spotlight threw his face into sharp relief, illuminating the scales and spikes and flared frills that adorned the titanic creature. It was the face of a nightmare come to life.

The Taku circled wide, unleashing a volley of fire as it did so. Achro's lightstones peppered the beast's hide, providing glowing targets for others to aim at. NU-8020S added its firepower to the salvo. Rose's zamors exploded against the tahtorak's skin. Disks and energized lightstones flew. Bullets and blasts sliced through the air as the Taku unleashed the full brunt of its firepower. Electro-rockets rode long plumes of smoke across the sky to detonate against the creature. The explosions illuminated the tahtorak's body, throwing half of Nektann's face into shadow with each discharge before veiling him in smoke. The noise of the bombardment shook the air. 

As the wind dispersed the smoke, the crew's hearts sank as they saw that the riteborn was unfazed by the attack. Blast marks marked his hide here and there, but he was otherwise uninjured. He swung his head around again, looking back from Skyra to the circling Taku. A low growl emanated from the beast's chest, shaking the air. Everyone felt it more than she heard it, like a rumbling in their bones. Nektann seemed more indecisive than angry now, like he was deciding which fly to swat first. Then the Tahtorak looked down in apparent surprise. An iron spike had just hit his foot. It didn't do any damage. But it was enough to catch his attention and make him look down, and that was all the opportunity Kilo needed.

Patiwairutiki's strike fell like a bolt of lightning, ending the titan's deliberations. The kaita's war club crashed into Nektann's skull, knocking him down. The Tahtorak crashed to the ground like a meteorite, shaking the earth for kio around. The sound of his impact was like a massive thunderclap that echoed over the mountains and through the valley of the Kini-Nui. Fueled by anger and pain, Nektann struggled to rise, but his vision swam and his body seemed strangely stunned, like his muscles had been shocked into submission. Finally, after a few long seconds of lying motionless on the earth, he pushed himself to his feet with a snarl. Tail swinging, he stalked to one side on all fours as he warily gauged his opponent. The Kaita was smaller than he was, but it stood tall and proud, and it carried a weapon whose bite he could still feel. Blood dripped down the side of his head, inky and toxic. The Taku and the other tiny creatures were forgotten by now. Lightning forked across the sky, lighting up the two combatants for a brief moment. Then Nektann lifted his head and flared his frills and lashed the earth with his tail, and he roared. This was a different sound than the ones that had come before it. The tahtorak's cry echoed across the island. This was not a cry of pain or loss or grief or confusion: it was a challenge. It was a threat.

Patiwairutiki recognized the challenge for what it was. Its fingers tightened around its weapon. It knew what was coming next. With a swipe of its claw, Nektann commanded a geyser to burst from the ground near Patiwairutiki, splashing the kaita with water. It wasn't a powerful attack: it was designed more to obscure than to damage. For as the kaita was showered with water, the tahtorak began to bound towards his opponent with speed that belied his size. Each step shook the earth down to its roots. Once he had built up a bit of momentum, Nektann leapt into the air. He fell upon his ancient opponent with fangs bared and claws outstretched, seeking to grab the ACR however he could and rip it apart.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @NorikSigma @Toru Nui @Snelly and anyone else in the area. I think I got everyone?

Edited by Eyru
included Atamai's distraction and the stunning effect of the warclub
  • Like 7

IC: Opal – Kini-Nui

The Tahtorak’s roar of rage reverberated across the region, rattling structures and spirits alike.

From where she lurked within the Realm of Nightmares, Opal couldn’t hear the roar, but she saw its effects through the veil between planes – dislodged rocks rolling down mountainsides, rahi dispersing like leaves in the wind, and the beings in the valley below her flinching in fear.

The valley intrigued her.

In her realm, it was filled with phantoms, multitudes beyond what she’d seen anywhere else in her brief existence. Beyond the veil, she could see hundreds of diminutive beings, scrambling and scattered. This was a place where the dreamers dwelled in one world, and their nightmares came to life in another.

Surely these were the creatures Irnakk had asked her to bring home.

Though the storm was fading, between the clouds that still lingered overhead, and the ash from the volcano still obscuring the sky, she felt safe enough from the sun to strike. The two defender machines had abandoned the valley to engage the Tahtorak. Now was the time.

She finished clambering up the mountainside, firmly anchoring her six legs in the surface of the northmost peak overlooking the valley. She drew back her stinger, venom coalescing along its length… and then she struck.

Her form phased through the veil and reappeared in the Time Between Time, a stark silhouette standing high overhead. Her stinger snapped forward, flinging a glistening globule of vile venom towards the highest concentration of the small creatures – the village of Kini-Koro.

OOC: People of Kini-Koro, your nightmare has arrived. 

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 5

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Varian - Metru-Koro -

The Exo-Toa arrived, standing not too far off where Sidra stood within her Kaita ACR. He had marched endlessly until he had arrived here, where he'd been told what was left of Mata Nui remained. As he did not have to worry about eating, sleeping, or becoming exhausted, he had made it in time to hopefully witness the Great Spirit's demise. 

Logically he understood that he lacked the power to end Mata Nui himself, as much as he may have wished he could do it personally. No, he would simply have to be content with baring witness to Mata Nui's final death. 

He knew not why he felt this hatred for the Great Spirit, only that he must be erased. 

@Gecko Greavesy @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Skyra wondered for a moment if this was it, she'd been in a lot of crazy battles in her career as a solider, but this? Her Skyblaster might as well have been a little toy flashlight against this titanic monster. What on earth was she suppose to do here besides annoy it slightly!? Skyra was reckless to an extreme sure, but even she knew when she was completely outmatched!

Her thoughts were interrupted as Patiwairutiki came from out of nowhere hit Nektann right in the head, sending the monster crashing down. Ah of course, the mechs! Skyra felt joy at witnessing something so fantastic at first, but then a pain in her chest followed after as she looked down at the titans from below. 

What, what was this feeling? Was she...jealous? She'd already expressed her desire to pilot a mech like that herself, but now that she was baring witness to them fighting the monster she couldn't help but wish she was also doing the same... 

Skyra snapped back into reality as Nektann let out a massive roar. She recognized a challenge when she heard it, she didn't need to speak big ### monster to understand that. Skyra grit her teeth, she could worry about getting a mech later. Right now she had a fight to finish.

Before she hadn't seen anyway to do damage to Nektann, but thanks to Patiwairutiki, there was now a nice, vulnerable spot on Nektann's skull. The monster bled, which meant it could be killed, and that's all she needed to know. 

Skyra's jetpack roared as she started flying straight down towards the fight below, heading straight towards Nektann. This time she aimed her Cordak Blaster as she examined Nektann, spotting the wound that was still oozing blood on his skull. So as Nektann charged Patiwairutiki, Skyra fired all the loaded rockets in her Cordak Blaster as she came in range, aiming right for the wound as she did. 

Skyra had no idea if this would work, but trying was half the fun right? 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma @Toru Nui@Eyru

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

On 3/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

On 3/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, Tarn said:

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

"Uh, Miss Yumi...what did we just do, exactly?"

On 3/27/2021 at 1:35 AM, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Ysocla - Irnakk's Tooth:

It’s not safe here. We should leave,” she muttered, more to herself than anyone else. No sooner had she spoke those words that the very mountain itself began to rumble.

Her eyes widened as she snapped out of her stupor. “We have to go, right now!” she yelled, beginning to move back towards the tunnel that had entered from.

IC Yumiwak + Zai | Irnakk's Tooth

[musical cue]

My gaze leveled at Ysocla and I met her growing frenetics with an icy calm demeanor. Our business in the Tooth was not yet done. "Nobody. Is going. Anywhere," I commanded back even as the mountain began to rumble with the primordial stirrings of churned magma. The deep rumbles reverberated through the caldera and the tunnels all around with ominous tone. I could see Ysocla tremble in agitation from something I was unaware of, and it needed to be cared for... but not by me, and not at that moment. Ys knew what was best for her more than I did, by far. "Okay, so maybe one of us is moving. Ys, head back to the ship. Take a drink of water when you get there. We'll be behind you soon."

I let her have the opportunity to leave before I spoke again. "Marrow the Mesi initiated a Rite," I said in explanation to Korio, my voice turning laconic as I tried to keep my external composure and veil my unbridled excitement bubbling inside me. I was not afraid, despite the terrors being unleashed upon the world. I came this far—I was not going to be afraid now and risk everything. I was getting my tahtorak, but my excitement remained unabated as there was still something so tantalizingly close I almost couldn't bear it; my family's books mentioned our family kaiju, and for the longest time I assumed it was a tahtorak, but the Rite it mentioned did not fit with the one Marrow the Mesi had invoked with me. My family's power, our secret, was something else, and there was only one option left to chase.

"This holy ground is where prayers never go unanswered and challenges are always with a purpose. Everyone else cast in will be a Zivon, but Marrow invoked a rite of combat, and lost... so he will become a tahtorak. But we are not finished yet. Everyone, spread out, look on the walls and the chambers for anything that talks about dragons, and tell me if you find it." Without waiting a beat afterwards, with time being of the essence to capitalize on the volcano's resurgent activity, I slid my psionic trench knife into a scabbard at my hip and trudged further into the Tooth's ancient and holy tunnels. 

"Great Maker Irnakk," I prayed to the walls and the heat, to the gasses and the sulfur, hoping against all hope that what I said earlier about prayers was true, "hear this humble Umbraline's prayer. You know what I seek better than I do. Great Maker Irnakk, help me bring my family legacy back to the world."

OOC | Yumiwak is now looking for the Kanohi Dragon rite.

@Unreliable Narrator @Eyru

• Like 4

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

"Nothing important, right?" she asked, the red lights flashing across the bridge answering the question anyway. Her concern was more for the crew rather than the ship. Even if it was her home, and just as much her ship as it was Knichou's, the people on it weren't replaceable.

Nale kept watch on the beast as the ship continued to rise (now missing a chunk of its rear quarters, but still flying), attempting to see if their salvo had done any damage at all. When the smoke cleared and the beast was revealed to be standing tall, unscarred--even after they had unleashed firepower the likes of which had not even been seen during the war between the Metruans and the League--she let out an exhale that turned into a disbelieving, nervous laugh.

"Well, I'll be d-"

The Toa of Magnetism was cut off by the Tahtorak's growl, which vibrated through the ship's bridge like a thunder boom shaking a house. She turned to Knichou, icy blue optics darting back and forth from him to the beast. "What now for plans? Shoot again?"

Just then, the Kaita ACRs joined the fight--Kilo's mech arrived in style, delivering a blow to the Tahtorak's head with its war club. And, even better, leaving a wound. With the beast now busy with its new foe, the Taku could catch a break. Nale watched with both relief and fascination. "Right, so they can make it bleed. Noted."

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Their attack had done...little. Basically nothing. And they'd taken a second hit and lost some weight--just who was flying this thing?! Rose grunted and hit the side of her enclosed turret, leaving a small crack, then refocused her sights on the Tahtorak as it faced the new challenger in the form of Kilo's mech.

@BULiK@pokemonlover360@Eyru@Unreliable Narrator + Taku crew

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

On 3/31/2021 at 5:45 AM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - I Award You No Points

"Incredible. Everything you just said was the exact opposite of what is true. It is always about death with you people, you worship it, you cause nothing but death, pain and suffering to anyone who isn’t a Matoran, you have this irrational hate and distrust of me for being what is essentially a rebelling slave, your 'Duty' only changes because it is nothing more than an excuse to commit whatever atrocity you feel like on that day, and the only reason I’m even here is because your leaders responded to an offer of peace with assassination and installing a puppet ruler. Your doom is literally and figuratively approaching and yet you do nothing. You do less than nothing - you actively impede an attempt to do something. It is you who has to prove yourself to me, and so far you have not made a good first impression, I must say."

On 3/28/2021 at 5:13 PM, Unreliable Narrator said:

Leklo felt a bead of concern. Where did his headache come from?

IC Leklo | Kini-Nui, by the Ambling Alp

For a long moment Leklo simply stood there and took Ostrox's berating; the old Barraki lieutenant was right, in his way, but that wasn't the point in his mind. This wasn't a discussion of principles and religion, or even of League versus Metru Nui, because Leklo was toeing a dangerous line with him and he was trying to see where it would stop. Ostrox had become increasingly unstable since he came back from the Far Shore and his erratic behaviors were the source of several murmurings among the more vigilant refugees, but it wasn't sure whether he was truly a threat. The former Alpinist was once merciful and magnanimous, as he was when he forgave Sidra in the Ice Ruin chamber, but that was a different chapter in his life. Now, as a NUVA Proxima, he was more keen to find the limits of himself and others, to test steel on steel to see which blade was better tempered, for no other reason than the thrill of it. 

Where was his limit? And where was Ostrox's? 

He was about to speak again when he was struck with an incredible headache that caught the words in his throat. Instinctively he put a hand to his temple and massaged it to no avail. Something was hurting him and it bewildered him that neither of the others were being affected as he was, and Parnassus even took over the conversation and started talking.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:22 PM, Void Emissary said:

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"We can argue about philosophy later," Parnassus snarled. The shadows around the individual seemed to grow longer and darker for a moment, but none of them made any aggressive movements towards anyone around -- yet. "There's a monster on the horizon, and I'm telling you, Leklo, I'm the best shot you've got at stopping it. So I'm asking you -- from one of Stannis' friends to another -- to let me try and help your people."

Leklo coached the words from his mouth carefully, fighting through the pain in his skull that turned his vision blurry and thoughts scattered, and torturously stammered, "Do y-y-you wan-nnt to ffffight the m-monster, or do-ooo you w-ant to h-help my pe-eople?"

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

(Good to hear from you, cousin. Mind if I use your ship?)

The wisps of shadow under the Wanderer's hood tingled as he felt the ominous arrival of a predator greater than he. Flickering visions of a nightmare scene he'd imagined before played out in front of him like ghosts in mist, and had he not only just come from a living nightmare of his own he would have possibly succumbed to the images and believed them to be real. Caedast's mind was more focused than ever before, and he saw through the illusions that came to him then as what they were indeed. 

{We must flee.}

It was not the answer Parnassus was looking for, nor was it even an answer to his question at all, but as soon as he heard his cousin's response he could hear the urgency in the old one's voice. And then came the punctuating confirmation:

{Zivon.}

• Like 5

IC Katrin Nuva - Kini-Koro:

Kat followed Jutori, assuring anyone that came between them that she just wanted a little fresh air, and she definitely was not trying to sneak out to train this time, and that after all, someone needed to look after herself and Jutori, so who better than each other?

Outside, th rain seemed to have died down, and the few small drops that remained cast the toa of fire in glittering droplets that soon evaporated from her body.

And then the roar came.

It sent a cold shiver down her spine, but she cracked a grin all the same. That roar sounded big.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 4:09 PM, Harvali said:

I … I did not get a clear look, but it’s pincers looked … looked something like the head of the Vahki I saw? Are Vahki … are there six legged versions?

IC: Kas | Mi-Kiri

"No clue, what's a vahki my friend?" Asked Kas as he stood up, brushing some dirt off his hands as he took a furtive glance out the window in both directions. "I think we're good to go. Follow me!"

He dashed across the roadway, struggled with the door at the base of the tower, then punched it down with a crash. He turned back, smiled, and waved for Mahrika and Ollem to follow into the large and overgrown tower. Hanging over now open and once barricaded doorway was a lopsided flickering neon sign that read;

Bellicus

Kas stepped inside, staring at the pools of water filling the ground floor of the building. A tiny lizard scampered away at Mahrika's approach to hide beneath the ferns. "Well, it's different, but I think I can still see some of home. We'll take the stairs."

Kas led them to through a doorway and into an emergency stairwell bordering a dilapidated elevator shaft. Their footsteps echoed eerily in the stairwell as they climbed up, and up, and up...

OOC: @Harvali, @Kal the Guardian thanks for your patience. Sorilax would hear the three newcomers in the building as he went up the stairs himself. 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Slowly Ascending

Comfortable in the sphere-like shroud of Silence he had spent much of his traveling time in on Zakaz over thousands of years, noise not just blocked off from the world but outside noise blocked off from reaching himself, Sorilax carefully walked up yet another flight of stairs still below the main level of the tower, diverging from his overall course to the top of the building to inspect the rooms on his current sub-level. His Light bending kept him from being seen as he peered into rooms and teleported through cracked doorways to inspect the insides of rooms. His methodical approach had him spending large amounts of time on each floor, far more time than when he had first gone down the stairs. He did not want to miss anything. Although as such, when he was inside rooms, he did let himself become visible so as to conserve elemental energy.

It would probably be a couple more hours before he finally reached the top of the overgrown and lush tower.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator Sorilax is in a field of Silence around himself as stated in his previous post. I've been playing this field as blocking out sound from both sides, so it keeps Sorilax from being heard but also keeps him from hearing others. So he wouldn't hear Kas, Mahrika, or Ollem entering the building. Not to mention interacting with a GMNPC as well as a PC sounds like a time trap I might not be able to recover from seeing as it's already April. Sorilax is just fine exploring on his own.

• Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Archives

Tihun drifted cautiously through the doorway, which had obviously been designed for the transport of large specimens and other items and was wide enough to allow his ACR to easily pass through. The Hydruka's headlamps lit up the hallway beyond, which revealed it to be less of a corridor and more of a waiting space for a service elevator. The elevator doors were as wide as the ones he had just passed through: evidently, this elevator was used to ferry large specimens and equipment between levels. Algae drifted gently through the water, casting large, blurry shadows in the light of his lamps. The elevator doors were wide open; if Tihun stepped closer, he would see that there was no platform or anything beyond. The Hydruka could pass through with no trouble, but all that awaited was an abyss of an elevator shaft that descended into the impenetrable darkness.

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: Reliable Narrator | Somewhere

Grime looked down at his body. He ran trembling fingers over his tattoos, as if reassuring himself that they were real, that he was real, and that his death and resurrection were not just some feverish dream. He traced their outlines that now stood starkly against his red and black armor. No longer caked in the mud and grime that had matched his name, he was now a being reforged, made new by the power that haunted this strange place. He looked back up at Korruhn. His eyes immediately softened at the sight of his friend—his one constant in a sea of uncertainty. Korruhn knew instantly that this was indeed Grime. Not some facsimile or homunculus created to entrap him. It was the matoran he had rescued from the warskaks. His companion and his friend.

"I've... I've always had these," Grime said, somewhat uncertainly. Then he shook his head, trying to clear away the mental cobwebs. "Yes. Always," he repeated more decisively. "Since the Mangaia."

"The Mangaia," said the voice of iron and smoke. The red circle rippled with each word. Korruhn looked up, remembering the specter that still sat in the decrepit armor across from him. He understood now that the rusty armor was only an illusion: a visual slight of hand to distract from what its owner was capable of.

"This star has much to share," the voice said. "You will have need of his wisdom, Korruhn of Ko-Metru. For a path lies before you now that cannot be walked easily, and it should not be walked alone."

Viltia leaned over the red circle that gleamed in the darkness. She could hear the faint sounds of hushed conversation, like overhearing people talking in the next room. looking into the red circle, she saw —or thought she saw— the shadow of another being. A toa holding something in his arms. Her kraata of life suddenly alerted her to the truth of the vision. This was no illusion. There were others here.

She looked up from the circle, and there they were.

Whisper approached the red circle. The faint sound of the sea came from somewhere, a calming, susurrus repetition of waves on sand. She could vaguely hear the sound of shaking rattles and wind chimes dancing in a soft breeze, and the noise of whispered conversation whose words she couldn't quite make out. She looked into the circle, suddenly reluctant to enter it. Its red color was mesmerizing against the pitch black that surrounded her. Gradually, however, she realized that she could see something in the circle. The shadow of a shadow. The power of the staff she clutched in her tendrils suddenly flared in her mind's eye, and she knew there were other minds nearby. She was no longer alone.

She looked up from the circle, and there they were.

Five figures were arranged around the red circle, which was the only light in a never-ending void. A statue knelt on one side. It was old and worn down, half-broken, scarred, and mottled with age and plant life. Its face was carved in the shape of a kraahkan, should any recognize it. It knelt with hands dipped halfway into the ground as if about to scoop something out. To its left hovered Whisper. To her left, directly across the circle from the armor, knelt Korruhn, cradling Grime in his arms. And to his left, across the circle from Whisper, stood Viltia.

"Welcome," said Icarax, Aspect of Dominion. His voice came from the armor and from all around them. It was a voice forged of iron and smoke, deep and dark like the bottom of a well. "Welcome to the end of the world."

OOC: @Crimson Jester @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 6

IC: Whisper – Somewhere

Any lingering doubts Whisper had that the doorways and the realm they led to was the work of a powerful Aspect were dispelled by the words that echoed through the strange plane. She’d pondered the purpose of the passageway, reflected on the reason for posing such a challenge… but now she understood.

It was recruitment.

“The end of the world,” she repeated, wondering if the words were a threat or a promise, “For who?”

@Eyru

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 4/1/2021 at 12:40 AM, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Nut

In his hand he held the glowing rock and showed it to Nuju. "Tell me, is this the bauble people have ventured beyond in search of, Seer?" he asked.

IC Stannis + Nuju | Kini-Koro

"yes that's a makoki stone put it in the wall," Nuju laconically responded. 

But Stannis did no such thing. This was as much an archival relic as a mysterious fate-twisting device, and the Wanderer was fascinated by it and what it represented. Stannis of old was a recorder of all things who insisted on analyzing what he uncovered; and commensially Caedast never altered courses of Destiny without first fully comprehending the winding pathways of Fate;  both spiritual entities took the nearly-sacred stone and decided mutually that it needn't see light of day until it was properly fathomed. And so, instead of offering it to Nuju and making one more fateful step towards the puzzle's completion, he recoiled his hand and withdrew the Makoki stone piece into the voluminous sleeves of his faded cloak and stashed it away. "No... I don't think I will."

Her mind was made up in that instant. If anyone came back with a third Makoki piece, Nuju and anyone else interested would have to come forward with answers, if only out of tantalizing desperation of the puzzles near-completion, and then Caedast would be able to decide what was best. Such choices needed to be made from positions of serenity and sage, and Nuju—as it was already established—was as much a liar and charlatan as Caedast; he could not be trusted. He did give Nuju something, however: An imperfect replica of the Makoki fragment, something to leave behind as a gentle tease, and a promise to be back when the time was right.

It was not the time to stand on ceremony, however, as the looming monstrous figure of the Zivon crested the mountaintops and wasted no time in ejaculating its venom into the valley below with a giant glob of goo that splashed into the meadow's floor. Miraculously, or perhaps out of the good fortune of Stannis' uncanny wandering wizardry, he casually sidestepped the rivulets of poison that sloshed near him as if they were merely gentle leaves falling from a great old maple tree. He would need to make his escape, and do it soon, or else the great beast could threaten him and all that he'd fought to accomplish in his cycle. This was not a fight he could partake in; his powers were drastically insufficient, and only a Kaita could even begin to fend it off. He could stay and assist with support, but he shuddered at the thought of doing so against a Zivon—these beasts relished in his lifeblood in particular, and the risks were too great to manage. 

If only there were other avenues. His eyes flitted on the matoran who hailed him a moment before, however. Something about the baubles he played with were familiar... 

@Sparticus147

• Like 4

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Somewhere

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Grime, Icarax

Viltia’s Muaka passed through the doorway, suddenly ripped from Viltia’s side and finding himself utterly alone. He roared to try to abate his loneliness. He pawed the ground, senses gone blind in the utter dark. He needed to find his creator!

The Muaka put his nose to the ground and started wandering about, zig-zagging around and trying the best he could to find his creator once more. His search was ultimately fruitless and he growled at his failure after some time of finding nothing.

But then something caught his audio receptors in the distance. It was a soft, still noise. A noise like… something he had never experienced before. And whispering. He drew closer to the sounds, his cat optics noticing the red glowing disk off in the distance. He surged forward on his tread, eager to find his creator.

The sound of whispering increased as he neared the disc of light, though he didn’t hear his creator in the noise. He peered down and into the disk of red light. It almost smelled like she was right next to him. He raised his head to look and sure enough!

---------

Viltia took in her surroundings as her Life Kraata gave her info. Aspect, Aspect, Kraata, Toa, Matoran. The one Aspect with the Kraata was her friend. The Toa looked… dark. As if he had had his very essence drained and he was no longer who he had once been. The Matoran by his side was very… starry? Or something like it. And then there was the other Aspect. His armor was decrepit and its mask looked evil, or at least vicious. His body didn’t even look usable as it sat rusting on the ground. It was creepy. She already didn’t like him.

At least there were flowers on him, though. Viltia motioned with her hand and the plant life on the statue writhed about as if it had gained new life, growing bright green new strands as white orchids grew all over the form, ivy filling in the gaps until the armor could no longer be seen.

And then her Life Kraata informed her of another arrival by her side, her Muaka! “There you are!” She cheerily said to him as she pat his head as he rubbed up against her.

Then the other Aspect spoke, both from the armor and yet from all around her. "Welcome," he said with a very harsh and shadowy voice that made Viltia not like him even more. "Welcome to the end of the world."

Viltia looked around and spoke despite not liking the new guy, “That’s a weird name to call this place. It sure is dark here, though.” She suddenly remembered the whole reason why she was here, for answers! “Hey! Do you know how to teach the Administrator how to learn Taboos? Or can you point me in the right direction of where to go to get the information? Because it sure feels like I’ve been searching for this info for months now.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 3

IC: Korruhn, The End of the World

"The Mangaia."

Korruhn's thought train stopped dead in it's tracks. The place mentioned in Stannis' tome, and more recently, by the mouth of Miserix. He still didn't really know what Mangaia was, or what it entailed; but it surely seemed important to the many Aspects he'd crossed paths with. Perhaps the map on Grime's body would lead Korruhn to it, whenever he was done in whatever this place was.

He had no time to respond though, as right before his eyes, company appeared around the circle. Two more, an odd-looking green-and-violet Toa he didn't recognize, and another. Although he didn't know outright, he could feel the power, the darkness emanating from this one. Another Aspect, Korruhn presumed. They must have accessed two of the other gates in the Peninsula, but Korruhn wondered, had they had to fight Rahkshi too? No matter. The Toa of Ko-Metru set down his companion, and signaled to him that there would be time for talk later.

Korruhn turned his attention back to Icarax. "And I am to presume that this path you speak of lies ahead of these two, as well?"

He wanted to badly to ask the presumed Aspect what it was that his children lacks, what it was that drove him to assemble this rag-tag band. But he held his tongue. All would reveal itself in due course.

OOC: @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro Portal

The Vortixx winced as they crashed to the muddy ground, shoved down by fleeing refugees. They swallowed and pushed themselves up with their Kanoka Blade, before sweeping their optics to search around the landscape. They did not have the time to worry about the portals.

It was … the landscape had liquified, the very earth melted into a pool of mud. Trees were wrenched free of their roots, their bark splintered and shattered by lightening. There was a awful smell, like the polluted skimpiest of Xia. Komisti winced at the memories that followed that scent.

The storm was close too,  loser than it had been in Po-Koro. And as they turned, they could see shadows blurred by the rain and clouds. The shadows seemed to lumber and shake, mixing and merging with each other. Could … could there be more than one?

Still, it was less hopeless than Po-Koro. They could see Matoran and other breeds digging trenches, see Toa trying to repel the landslides. There were more people here, and many of them seemed more powerful and experienced than the heroes who fought to save Po-Koro.

Komisti shook their head and began to sprint towards the trenches. Their ice might be able to support the walls, keeping them from collapsing. As they ran their Kanoka Blade trailed against the ground, solidifying a trail of ice across the molten terrain. Hopefully that would buy the villagers fleeing to Tobruk-Koro time.

But as they reached the trenches around Kini-Koro, everything changed. For a split second they saw a shadow engulfing the village, before a sudden force slammed into them. The Vortixx fell to the ground from the blow, drenching wet.

They staggered, leaning on their blade. “What … what … rain?” It was … it was hard to speak, exhausting to … to stand. They swayed as a foul-smelling fluid dropped off them, it was … it was hard to stand. Fumes burnt their … their optics, this … poison? The rain demon of Po-Koro had … had poison?

They struggled to stand, even as they spotted a colossal beast leering over the valley. One alien to the rain demon.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - the Aqua Sphere

Mahrika followed behind the Toa, resting her Flame Sword against her shoulder. As she walked up her telescopic lens swept around her, searching for danger. If that was indeed some sort of Vahki, something from Ollem’s world, had someone else broken into this water district?

Ollem kept close to Mahrika, that thing, she might have been right. It had looked like some terrifying version of a Vahki, one whose designers had seen no reason to make them tool-using bipeds. He … his fingers strayed across his cloaking device, preparing to vanish at any instant. Not just from the Vahki, but in case Kas betrayed them.

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran could feel Ollem press close, and said, “I will keep you safe, brother.”Ollem seemed to wince at that, did he no longer trust her. Or was the term too silly? Still she meant her words, she would not let her friend die.

She continued to look around as she climbed the stairway. If there were others infiltrating this ruin, she needed to be ready at any moment. And as she looked about she felt her optics shifting, their lens reassembling and unfolding as they refocused. Her optics were adapting for better sight. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Icarax, Aspect of Dominion | Somewhere

"For all, sister," Icarax replied. The surface of the red circle shimmered with each syllable. "Have you not felt it? This world draws to an end like the last breath of a dying man. If we do not act, we are all doomed. That—" his unseen gaze shifted to Korruhn. "—is the path that lies before all of us, star-children and star-less alike."

"You would do well to learn some manners, little star," he continued, turning the focus of his attention to Viltia. "Traditionally, one makes introductions before demands. Your importunity treads harshly on my goodwill, so be thankful for the laws of hospitality that bind my domain. Most of my brethren would not answer so kindly, especially if you had killed one of their offspring like you have mine."

There was a pause.

"You carry my son with you. Return him to me, and I shall grant you the answers you seek."

OOC: @Crimson Jester @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Somewhere

"Probably a good idea to give them what they want," Whisper said distractedly, glancing at Viltia. 

She was like a sponge, soaking up the information that was being spilled into the circle. A domain defined by laws of hospitality... star-children and star-less... the end of the world and doom for all... she didn't understand what it all meant, but she knew it was significant.

The other Aspect had offered no proof to back their claim of catastrophe, but Whisper didn't need it. The skull of Mata Nui falling from the sky, the rise of new riteborn, the discovery of the Kaita ACRs, the shift of the Islets and shrinking of the shorelines... it all indicated that something was coming. An apocalypse seemed just as likely as anything else. 

"I am Whisper, Aspect of Change," she said, addressing the disembodied voice of her kin. "Who are you? And how do you intend to prevent this doom?"

@Eyru @Kal the Guardian @Crimson Jester

• Like 1

Location - Somewhere

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Grime, Icarax, Life creation Muaka

Viltia listened to the Aspect as he spoke, getting more and more confused by the sentence. Stars, sons, whatever a “man” was, children? This Aspect spoke using words that made literally no sense with or without context. Not to mention that she had no way of knowing who he was talking to. It was just the darkness, the red glowing disk, and a voice from everywhere that spoke indiscriminately.

Whisper’s offering of advice to her was the only thing that made Viltia realize that she had been the one he was speaking to, at least partially? She tried to remember what he had just said. He wanted to tell her what she wanted to know. But she had to do something. Return a son?

Viltia scratched her mask with a single finger. “Return? I haven’t taken anything from you… Have I?” Her mind moved to the ironwood box one of her tethers clutched, “Unless you mean this Kraata?” Her tether extended across the gap to the orchid covered armor, gently setting down the box with a small clack. Viltia’s tether made a single wave motion as she exerted her element and the box opened on its own, allowing the Kraata to roam free once more.

As her tether retracted, she clarified, “And actually, I’m a Toa, not a star. The name’s Viltia. Nice to meet you.” Maybe this Aspect wasn’t so bad after all. Just like Sorilax. And Apex. And Whisper.

Actually, she hadn’t met a super bad Aspect yet. Either she was very lucky or Sorilax was overly cautious, which… well, okay he certainly was.

OOC: @Eyru @Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Void Emissary said:

(...get back to your ship. I might have a plan.)

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

He could feel Oreius still inside the Alp, so he could easily evacuate to the location at any point. Oddly, Whisper was nowhere to be sensed; he hoped she had not met a grisly end already.. His voice rumbled back to Parnassus,

{What is yours? I too have a plan...}

... he hesitated an instant... 

{...If I do not perish implementing it.}

• Like 1

The kraata slithered out of the box, leaving the wood smeared with oily blood here and there. It chittered weakly, then began to crawl across the featureless floor. It skirted around the red circle until it came to the suit of ancient armor that was now draped with vines and flowers. It squeezed through a gap between two metal plates and vanished.

"A gift for your host," breathed the voice. "Well met indeed, Viltia, Desecrated of Sorilax. And so the ancient rites are fulfilled." The sound of waves and chimes briefly swelled, and then it faded again to mere murmur, like the source of the noise was moving swiftly away. But it was always there, just at the edge of hearing. Not loud enough to be distracting, but not soft enough to be entirely forgotten.

"I know you, Whisper, Aspect of Change," the voice continued. "Though you are forgiven for not knowing me. I am your elder by many cycles, but we were born of the same pool and borne from the same shore. I am Icarax, Aspect of Dominion. As for the prevention of doom..."

Icarax paused. The darkness seemed to grow denser around them. "The end of the world has come before, and now it comes again. Like the turning of the seasons, so this island is locked in an endless cycle of death and destruction. It cannot be prevented or undone. There is only one way to forestall the apocalypse, and that is to escape it."

The shadows lightened. "But I speak too soon. The ancient ways do not permit a host to make requests of his guests. I will speak of my intentions after you have spoken of yours. Tell me: what quest has brought you to my domain?"

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

IC: Whisper – Somewhere

“I am… a seeker of understanding,” she replied. “I came to the Islets in search of proof of my past, answers to the nature of Aspects, and comprehension of the cycles…”

In truth, she wasn’t sure what she wanted anymore. The more she learned, the more she began to doubt, and the more she collapsed into contradictions. She didn’t want to be a slave to the Builders, but still aided them without question or hesitation. She wanted to be accepted, but she still manipulated others through omissions and mistruths. She didn’t want to be destroyed, but she did want to die.

Did she really want to escape the end of this world? Or was it time to cast herself back into the Antidermis and start over in a simpler state?

She’d set out at first to forge a new form for herself, only to encounter other Aspects who’d managed to do so without the need of a Grand Wish. She’d then dedicated herself to setting herself and her kin free from fate, only to learn they were all slaves to cycles that could never escaped.

“…but if the cycles cannot be broken,” she finally continued, “Perhaps my purpose is misplaced. Perhaps this escape you offer is the path I should pursue?”

@Eyru

• Like 3

Location - Somewhere

Viltia’s tethers thickened and grew longer before folding themselves under her to form a sort of glowing, crude, silver chair. She plopped down and her Muaka moved to put its head on her lap. She wasn’t ready for the weight of his head, but started patting him kindly anyway. “You’re a good Muaka, yes you are,” she whispered to him.

Icarax, who had a cool name that made Viltia like him even more, continued to talk about the end of the world and like some kind of cycles or something? She didn’t quite get it, but Whisper sure seemed attentive, so perhaps he was saying stuff that made sense to her friend. And Viltia was pretty sure Icarax was talking to Whisper and not to her. It was so hard to keep track.

Icarax continued to seem fairly nice, so that was good. He asked a question, but Viltia was pretty sure he was still talking to Whisper so she fought the urge to chime in and kept her mouth shut. Sure enough, Whisper responded.

Viltia tried her best to be patient. She felt like she was so close to getting Golden Masks. She couldn’t wait to try them out!

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 2

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

On 4/5/2021 at 1:19 AM, EmperorWhenua said:

"Nobody. Is going. Anywhere," I commanded back even as the mountain began to rumble with the primordial stirrings of churned magma.

Korio's own loyalty meant that usually when Yumiwak said, "stay put," he would sit his rear down and not move a muscle. But the unease of their surroundings and what they had just done meant the Vo-Skakdi was certainly more fidgety than usual, almost wanting to disobey for once. He followed along with Yumi as she explained the purpose of the chamber, and the Rite of...

"We turned that bloke into a Tahtorak?"

Korio was no longer gleeful about having watched Marrow fall into the abyss upon learning the truth of their actions. Those beasts were the embodiment of his greatest fear--Karzahni, one was walking the land as they spoke. Did Zakaz need another?

(And what was a Zivon?)

Nevertheless, the Vo-Skakdi began scanning the walls for any sign of what Yumiwak seeked. Perhaps if he came across the word "dragon" he'd pretend his optics were still hazy from using his vision power.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"These two paths may not yet diverge," Icarax said. "I would not ask you to abandon your purpose, for you are as I am. We are a proud and independent race. Though we are but shadows and husks, we possess the potential to become whole. And in that ascension, there is a chance that even cycles can be broken."

The flowers on the armor quivered slightly, as if touched by an unfelt breeze. "Let us serve each other, then, and hope that one path, at least, may lead to salvation. Tell me, sister: what knowledge do you now seek? What step do you take next on your journey?"

• Like 4

Whisper wavered, uncertain of how to proceed. 

Icarax seemed far too kind and inviting for a being who'd tried to murder her with a Rahkshi only a few minutes earlier. She knew all too well that Aspects weren't known for their altruism, which meant there was surely a price attached to this offer of assistance. 

But then again... what did it matter? She'd already bound herself to one of her kin already. And Icarax had already made his intentions clear; escaping the end of the world would be to the benefit of everyone. She had little doubt that he had his own greater goals and Grand Wish that he hadn't divulged to the group, but that was his business. Whisper had no interest in policing or preventing the desires of other Aspects.

"I've been given reason to believe that this... isn't my first time walking this world," she finally replied. "But the source was... strange... I don't know if it can be trusted. So I seek evidence of my past existences. Something I can see, something certain."

@Eyru

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Irnakk's Tooth

Yumiwak's whispered prayer was lost in the mists and fumes of the ancient tunnels, but it did not go unheard. As the volcano rumbled beneath her, causing the rocky walls to tremble, she felt a presence behind her. Something old and cruel that was here and yet not here. Something that listened and waited and hungered amidst the choking smoke and the blood of this holy place. The essence of nightmares and the distillation of fears and empty dreams. She could sense its eyes on her. She could feel its hot breath on the back of her neck. 

Yes. I know better.

It was not a voice she could hear, for it spoke neither audibly nor telepathically. Rather, it spoke out of her memories. With a sense of strange deja vu, she recalled a nightmare she had had many years ago. She had long since forgotten it, but now it came thundering back to her. It had been a dark dream of blood and mutilated bodies. She had seen the Rig shattered and sinking beneath the unforgiving waves. The sky crashed down into the earth, and out of the darkness a voice had spoken over everything:

I know better, for you are mine. 

A cold hand gripped her shoulder. It was far larger and stronger than her own, and it squeezed until she nearly cried out in pain. But if she reached up to grab it, there was nothing there. It was a phantom, but it felt all too real.

Led astray. Become more than you are. Not as you should be. I will rebuild you, Yumiwak. I will forge the dream, and you will live the nightmare.

The voice spoke out of her deepest memories. It spoke in the growl of childhood monsters under the bed and in the keening cry of half-dreamed ghosts. It was a tapestry of every nighttime terror and fever dream she'd ever had. Visions that were terrifyingly real while they lasted before fading out of memory when morning broke. She remembered them now.

Wake up, my princess.

Wake up and serve me again.

You have always been mine.

You will always be

mine.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua Yumiwak has learned the rite of the kanohi dragon.

There was a thoughtful pause. If the statue could move, it would probably have stroked its chin, deep in thought. But it simply knelt there, just as it had always done.

"Such evidence is beyond me," Icarax said at last. "I cannot give you what you seek. But... perhaps someone else can. The temples scattered across this island hold ancient knowledge. Has your quest led you yet to the sanctums of the old Builders?"

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

"I've been to some of the temples, but I don't know about sanctums," she replied. In all likelihood, she probably knew of whatever structures he was referring to, just not by that name. "I was intending to take my search to Desecration Rock and other sites where the skakdi have left their scrawlings. Perhaps their old prayers hold some pieces of the past." 

• Like 1

"Perhaps," Icarax agreed. "There may be secrets hidden in the skakdi prayers, though they worship another god. They are a vicious and vengeful race, but they are wise in their own way. They speak a language of blood, and blood does not forget."

The shadows seemed to lighten around Whisper and darken around Viltia. She could sense the elder aspect's focus turning to her. "And you, Viltia, Desecrated of Sorilax. What quest has led you to my domain?"

• Like 3

Location - Somewhere

This time Viltia could tell Icarax had focused on her, which was great because otherwise she would have missed his question. He even used her name, which helped a lot too. How he knew she was Desecrated by Sorilax she had no idea. But that probably didn’t matter.

She nudged her Muaka away and it sat beside her. Glad to be rid of the weight of its head, Viltia readjusted on her tether chair. She sounded excited as she replied, “Okay, so, since coming to Zakaz and becoming a Toa, I started making Kanoka and Kanohi. I know, I didn’t think I would like it at first, either, but I absolutely loved it. Anyway, I’ve managed to do a ton of stuff others haven’t been able to back in our old universe. This island is full of possibilities. Eventually I was at a Suva when I remembered a crazy legend I heard a long time ago. I remember being told of mysterious Silver and Golden Kanohi that were actually several Kanohi in one. After spending most of my time making Kanohi since I learned how to, I knew I needed to figure out how to do that and get it for myself.

But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t figure it out on my own. It sure seems like a Suva should be able to do it with its whole space thing, but I just had no idea how to make it work. Cue the Admin. Or, well, the Administrator. It lets me call it the Admin.

So I was in an Elemental Ruin, asking the Admin a ton of questions and feeling a little unsure about its character. If an electronic, techno-thingy can even have character. I have no idea.” Viltia shrugged, “Anyway, the Admin tells me that Golden masks are possible! Which is super great and gets me pumped. Buuuuuut, apparently it won’t just let me upgrade a Suva easy peasy. Nooope. Apparently I have to learn how I can teach it how to learn Taboos. Like, ugh. But I really want Golden masks, so I start working on figuring out how to do this.

Next thing I know, the Admin sends me to Irnakk. He’s actually pretty nice. But he wanted me to steal something really important from the kind of shady Toa I met this morning. Now, I’m not going to steal anything, ever, so I knew I couldn’t get the information for the Admin from Irnakk. Which kind of stinks, since Irnakk was so nice.

Anyway, I head back to the Grand Temple Ruins and ask the Admin if there is any other way to learn what I need to. Thankfully, it said that I might be able to find the information I need in the Kumu Peninsula. So I spent over half of today racing around in the mists. Eventually, I find this broken down temple with a door. When I touch the door, it teleports me someplace else. Then I see a symbol I don’t know, so I figure I need to find an Aspect to help me unlock it.

So I find Whisper and she helps me unlock the door. And by the way, your Rahkshi was super angry for some reason. He just attacked us immediately. But anywho, then I ended up here.

I guess ultimately I want to be able to make Golden Masks, but if you can’t teach me that, then learning how I can be able to teach the Admin how to learn Taboos will have to do.

Viltia smiled. “That’s what led me here I suppose. Thankfully it seems like you actually can help me out. Thanks in advance, by the way. It’s really nice of you.

OOC: @Eyru @Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester

• Like 3

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Area west of Kini-Nui:

Successful hit confirmed. Preventing falling damage.

As the great beast collapsed from the sudden head trauma Patiwairutiki extended an arm below it. With the ground swiftly approaching, the choral voice of the pilot within shouted “Air Brake!” The air around collected together to cushion the Kaita ACR’s fall until it completed a three point landing with an audible, but muted, thump.

No structural damage detected. Elemental energy levels are still within usable amounts. Enemy Tahtorak has sustained damage.

Naturally. The beast cannot withstand my power.

The colossus stood vigilant as the kaiju righted itself and let out its ear splitting roar. No movements were made as water emerged from the ground in front of it, obscuring the titanic beast. Within the mech computational gears whirred in thought.

Enemy Tahtorak is able to use water abilities besides passive rain production. Noting new information in profile entry.

The riteborn is charging. Even with water blocking my vision I can still sense the vibrations of its steps.

The distraction is a more advanced strategy, but otherwise the behavior of the target resembles non-sapient rahi. A charge is natural for a larger creature defending itself.

I will meet it head on in battle.

Evasive maneuvers.

Nektann’s leap forward found nothing but air where Patiwairutiki once stood, the mech having rolled out of the way. Momentum carried the beast forward as the Kaita ACR stopped in a crouching position. A thrust of the war club followed, directed at the kaiju’s left hind leg. It wasn’t a blow designed to cause significant damage besides some mild pain or possible tripping; rather, the main goal was to make contact with the ancient weapon.

Data indicates this attack will stun the target. If so, follow-up attacks will be possible. If stun effect does not activate, target will likely respond with a tail attack or additional elemental ability.

Preparing to swap weapon.

OOC: @Eyru@~Xemnas~@BULiK and other Taku crew

IC Ysocla - Irnakk's Tooth:

The mechanic stumbled her way back through the tunnels that had so recently been a battleground. While she cursed her seeming cowardice and abandonment of her liege, she also recognized that she really did need a head start to get out of the volcano before it erupted. The sound of her compatriots’ footfalls did not echo through the tunnels behind her. It didn’t take a mastermind to surmise what was holding them up: Yumiwak wanted to summon another very specific kaiju. As she passed the section of floor that had recently spewed magma, her thoughts turned to whether the mountain could survive that many riteborn emerging.

She wondered if anyone on the island could survive that many riteborn emerging.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Vezok's Friend

• Like 4

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - It's Wiser to Be Mad

Well, they’re all dead. Are you happy now?

Ignoring that inner remark, Ostrox turned to Leklo and Parnassus and gestured towards the now oddly green looking Kini-Koro. "Did either of you two glimpse the giant green glob of goo that just glooped our granges? 'Grange' means farm, by the way. It’s a real word. 'Glob' and 'glooped' on the other hand..."

STOP ALLITERATING AND RAMBLING AS A COPING MECHANISM AND KILL THIS FOOL!

He saw what was no doubt the cause of the disruption - a Zivon. He then began addressing Leklo specifically, doing his best to appear calm and collected.

"LOOK. Are you going to do anything about this, or are you just going to continue doing what I assume is your best impression of a Vahki?!"

His best was not enough.

It never has been.

@EmperorWhenua@Void Emissary

IC: Ulkarr and Gnabol (Kini-Koro) - This Crude Matter

"Oh no." Gnabol was now covered in a foul, viscous substance that didn’t seem safe to have touching his skin. Padley was also covered in it, and began violently shaking himself to get it off, which ended up in Gnabol being thrown off him onto the ground below.

"Hmm. Yes. This should not come in contact with protodermic flesh." Ulkarr said, examining the liquid he too, was now covered in. He turned towards the Zivon with what seemed to be anger in his features...

@Sparticus147@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S, Achro and Navu (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku) - How Bright the Fire Side of Us Burns

His features a mix of bloodlust, fury, and mild panic, Achro grabbed the warm magazine and shoved it into the lightstone weapon. "FROM PERDITION’S HEART, I SHOOT AT THEE!This time, he would try and aim for vulnerable bits, like the eyes, since the skin was obviously too thick for this weapon to pierce. He took no care to avoid hitting Patiwairutiki or Skyra. Why would he?

NU-8020S continued to fire, also aiming for the now more illuminated face of the creature and trying not to hit the ACR. Though her self-preservation protocols screamed for her to evacuate using the Kahu, she did not waver. Cowardice was an organic quality, after all.

Meanwhile, Navu, practically paralyzed with fear, tried to keep the light on Nektann. The giant robot that was on their side - apparently - certainly helped.

@Eyru@BULiK@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Tarn@NorikSigma

IC: Enra, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower) - Public Service Annoyance

Enra gave Kanohi a thumbs-up as she continued, completely unaware of what just happened to Kini-Koro.

"Don’t use underground shelters, they’ll collapse and flood. The torrent of rain the beast causes quickly erodes the ground, which is why we needed to evacuate Po-Koro despite it going away. Skakdi and Toa of Earth, Stone, Iron, Jungle, Ice, Magnetism, maybe also Psionics could help reduce the risk of mudslides and other, uh, ground-related issues."

Impressionable continued to listen to Skakdi broadcasts. Mostly unimportant, though the most recent two were a source of serious concern. He summoned Obedient over in the Vahki tongue to see what he made of it.

He didn’t like it either.

@Harvali@Sparticus147@BULiK

• Like 2

IC, Atamai: 

Oh no you don't, Atamai thought as he watched the Tahtorak leap. Malhukuraia leapt toward the giant reptile with an elemental power-enhanced jump. Its binding axe was aimed directly at the Rahi's neck. Hopefully it would land a hit and do its job.

OOC: @Eyru @pokemonlover360

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 2

IC: Exuze, Zakaz Airspace

Exuze's swirling internals were slightly relieved at the sight of the storm clearing. Tuyet's glance and the question that followed didn't aid with relieving that turmoil, however.

The Lesterin sat pensively for a few moments. What did Exuze want? Besides not dying in an airship crash, seeing Knichou taken down a few pegs, and Metru-Nui being rebuilt, of course. Over the past month, basic survival had become the top priority, so the thought of larger goals was rather eye-opening and felt unnatural.

"If I 'ad three months to live..." he began cautiously, rubbing his chin while his optics nervously darted to whatever instrument the Ga-Toa was fiddling with. That wasn't a fuel gauge flickering, was it?

"I'd wanna... make something, ya know?" Exuze continued. He gestured in front of him, as if moving his hands like he was molding some invisible clay made it make any more sense. "I'm a buildah, not a fighah, and I'd want to... build somethin' that helps people, that they can 'ppreciate. Make a structure that lasts after I croak at the end of those three mo-"

Exuze paused, optics narrowing.

"Three months is an oddly specific timeframe, miss," the lesterin interrupted himself with a raised eyebrow. "You know something about my future I don't? This ain't one of those time travelin' 'ero stories they tell in the vids, is it? Ya know, the ones where they do timey wimey mumbo jumbo and nunuvit makes sense 'til afterwards?"

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Airspace

Knichou was both solemnly fearful and enraged as he saw Nektann emerge from the Taku's broadside with nary a scratch. The engineer was even further stunned as the beast's growl vibrated throughout his body. His optics blinked for a few moments as he lifted himself from the stupor. Berys looked nervously at the dashboard as the Taku's instrument dials shook in fear.

"What now for plans? Shoot again?"

"I... I don't -"

The kaita mech's war club smashed into Nektann's head. The only thing more surprised by the strike than the tahtorak was Knichou, who was utterly confused at how that blow somehow caused the monster to bleed where his volley had not. 

"Right, so they can make it bleed. Noted."

"If they can make that overgrown rahi bleed then lets leave killing it up to them. We have our own wounds to tend to," Knichou suggested. "Berys, keep a safe distance and altitude, let me know if it starts to focus on us again."

Knichou then pressed a nearby button to make an announcement throughout the airship's intercom.

"Everyone hold your fire and make sure nobody is hurt," the commander began with a sigh. "No point in wasting the ammunition. Keep the beast lit up to help them. If anyone knows how to help those titans, I'm all ears, but for now let's lick our wounds and let them fight."

The engineer subsequently flicked a switch to begin broadcasting back to Vulimai.

"Kini-Koro, this is Taku actual, we're holding position southwest of the beast and observing. Kilo and Atamai have engaged it, we'll keep you posted on the situation's status. Something weakened the storm but I don't think it was them. We've taken hits but we're still operational."

The commander gave a pained heave and spun around in his seat, the stress of battle sinking in. His internals tingled as the numbing effects of his nervous system's heightened, intense state continued to flow through the rookie Toa. For the former Ghost, innovation, variation, and escalation in the application of firepower was the natural solution to any threat, but even the most destructive prototype weapons that came to his mind were probably only marginally more effective against this titan than what the Taku had already unleashed. It was both a relief and infuriating to the engineer that the beast only seemed to bleed from the primitive club of Patiwairutiki.

The Nynran looked to his partner. This was her ship too. Who knows, maybe the Toa Rode had fought some giant monsters in their heyday? If superior firepower wasn't a viable solution, perhaps a change in tactics would be the most effective course of action.

"'Any ideas?"

Before Knichou's favorite seasoned veteran could impart her wisdom, a new transmission arrived over Knichou's personal frequency.

<< Knichou. You there? We need to talk. >>

Knichou brought a hand near his audio receptor in a gesture that indicated to Nale he was on a call. As he responded to the wannabe Barraki with a frustrated roll of his optics, the Nynran patched Nale's adaptive armor components into the call. He wasn't sure what was going on but he had a feeling she'd need to hear this.

"Aurax, is this a social call? 'Cause I'm kinda in the middle of a work meeting right now."

~~~

Closer to the stern, Arnex tried to calm her breathing and get out of the turret's seat. The Onu-Matoran looked through fresh holes sliced in the upper deck behind her to see that the deck below those holes was distinctly missing. The trembling crew member took stock of the damage, fresh memories of the cleanup after the Battle of Metru-Koro weighing down her mind.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi relaxed a bit, Enra knew what she was doing it seemed. He leaned on his staff and drummed it’s hand … what should he say. Was there anything else needing saying? He supposed they should share the details about the ruins possibly affecting the Tahtarok, but he was unsure even if such a Ruin existed near Kini-Koro. The big temple was there, but were they the same thing?

He … he wracked his mind to think of what to say, before he heard a chirping sound. The two Vahki present were chattering quickly. He … where they aggregated? He was bad at reading Matoran, let alone other breeds. Swallowing he said. ”Obedient, Impressionable, has anything happened?” 

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Stone Ruins of Tobduk-Koro

Komisti staggered and stumbled, barely able to stand upright. They struggled along, their body felt weighed down by the carcass of the Rain Demon. Their heartlight beat slow, their feet stumbled over the rough terrain, as they tried to … to reach … what were they trying to reach.

They weren’t sure where they were walking, just stumbling. It was hard to keep their optics open, hard to tell where they were walking. Then they heard a cry. M-Matoran. Right, they … they had to protect the Matoran, their unity was … was … they needed to protect them.

The Vortixx tapped their Kanoka Blade to their side, sending searing cold over their side. They staggered from the pain, but the pain kept them awake, kept them lumbering forward. They … they could regenerate the wounds later. No … no, their mask would not work on flesh.

They dragged themselves forward, their blade freezing the molten ground to keep it solid. As they walked they could see … see movement.

Ulkarr?” Komisti managed, leaning on their blade as they reached the Aspect, though they quickly fell behind, “What … what is that thing … it’s not … it’s not the beast that attacked Po-Koro. It’s … there are two? What … what do we do?” They mostly spoke to themself, barely able to focus enough to keep the ground frozen together. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Ostrox shouting. Leklo frozen. Caedast badgering. And death coming on all sides.

I should've just stayed in ###### Kumu.

(Barius killed Boss and created Nektann, right? I killed Barius. If there's the slightest possibility of me being able to exert some sort of influence over Nektann ... if we could turn him away from the village, or even use him against the Zivon...

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Katrin Nuva - Kini Koro:

Distracted by the roar, and also by her own attempts to pull heat energy from what little sunlight peered through the rain clouds, Kat was unfortunately a second too late in noticing the glob that splashed over the village.

Were she not injured, it would have been trivial to avoid, with her Calix ability and her own powers.

As it was, all she had time to do was cover her head and call out the danger to her companion.

"Jutori get down!"

IC Drokk - Water Suva

After a moment of long deliberation, Drokk waded back into the water and turned the glowing portion of the stone toward the partially covered carvings, trying to shed more light on them.

@Tarn
@Eyru

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 2

IC: Mata-Nui | Metru-Nui and Metru-Koro Ruins (with Wairuha and Sidra NUVA)

Sidra NUVA’s powers wracked the landscape from the elevated mind of her spiritual machine. Countless rahi conceded to madness and death, their minds tortured and thrown against an inevitable command to let go. Those who passed went peacefully. Those who didn’t howled in their torment. Crabs scuttled and combated with the surf, fish ate each other and drowned, and more creatures deeper beneath the surface of the earth destroyed the very tunnels that sustained them.

The power of a command could not be undone. It was absolute to all deemed lesser.

But Mata-Nui laughed, and the waves rolled back across the bay as his jaw slowly churned the deeper currents. The untethered beneath the waters fell to ruin, their oily connections and silvery mucus membranes became a tainted stain on the surface of the already mired bay. Acidic vapor wafted upwards, giving the impression of a cloud learning to fly.

“You are still mine, Lightbringer. I own you. Tren Krom may have removed the blinders to your shimmer, but you are mine so long as you linger within this Time Between Time. Only the cycle can release you. I have ascended. I am your Mata-Nui. Heed my wish:

One silver thread

Two bodies dead

Three broken yolks

Four severed heads

Five promised lies

Six scattered stones

Seven stars torn

One world born

“Go away, little yolk. Goodbye, light of mine. Glow somewhere else. I have no need for you.”

The jaw of Mata-Nui's skull ceased moving. Sidra NUVA felt a sudden crash, and intense pressure, the words ever present and threatening to shatter her psyche and will. Mata-Nui had spoken. Who was she to deny him?

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, thanks for your patience.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Metru-Koro

Not for the first time, the sheer level of power that Sidra wielded took her entirely by surprise. Once, she'd been the kind of being Toa would look down on, and now she could make Toa bend and kiss her boots. Even after a month spent experimenting with her skills and honing her strength, it was still strange to have gone from near nothing to this.

She could feel the fleeting flickers of desperation and despair from each individual death, the panic and the pain of purpose and potential lost forever. Just as she'd intended, the horrendous horde of Untethered was undone, unraveled into a grisly grime that grew slick and sticky across the surface of the lake. But between the toxic mutagens of the moat and the Untethered ever-seeking more life to assimilate, Sidra had never expected anything else to be out here, to be caught in the crossfire, and she felt a pang of guilt at each life unexpectedly extinguished by her domineering demand.

What she had expected was for the loss of Mata Nui's army to do something. She wanted him to scream, as he had when his Grand Untethered had burned. She wanted him to rage or recoil. But instead he laughed, and belittled her, and struck her psyche with a will far greater than even she wielded, and for the first time the grim realisation of what she was up against fully, finally, registered to her. Maybe Mata Nui had been a mere Aspect once, but he was something far greater now... something beyond her power to destroy.

Perhaps beyond anyone's power.

Wairuha staggered backwards as Sidra reeled from the psionic dismissal. The mighty machine slipped in the sand and fell back, throwing out its hands to catch itself. Inside the cockpit, Sidra cowered, skin several shades paler than usual, tears beading in the corners of her eyes, arms wrapped around herself to stave off a soul-chilling cold that only she could feel. 

She'd finally thought she'd become someone strong. Someone who could stand up to dictators and demons and even destiny itself. 

But she'd never before felt so small. So powerless. So unimportant. 

When she and her fellow villagers had faced and defied the Grand Untethered, Mata Nui had chosen a face she knew, and told her he was proud. Sidra hadn't wanted the praise at the time, but now she missed it. The small measure of respect she'd been offered back then was preferable to the demeaning dismissal she'd just been delivered. 

Clumsily, hesitantly, the mech rose to its feet again. Sidra searched herself for some words of defiance, some final attack to throw at her foe, but all of the fight had faded from her. She couldn't win, couldn't even harm him. She couldn't destroy the entire skull, and there was no telling if Mata Nui would actually be gone for good even if she did. 

Slowly, unsteadily, footsteps heavy with regret and rejection, Wairuha and Sidra turned their backs and began to walk away...

@Unreliable Narrator @Snelly

• Like 4

On 4/8/2021 at 5:47 PM, Eyru said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Irnakk's Tooth

Wake up, my princess.

Wake up and serve me again.

You have always been mine.

You will always be

mine.

IC Yumiwak + Zai | Irnakk's Tooth

"I am yours," I exhaled.

My prayer was answered and in my mind was the complete picture of what I wanted. The riddles and cues stashed in my family's journals all came together into a single, cohesive collage, and the Rite in all its glory spread out in my memory like a concept rendered to dramatic still life. Kanohi Dragons were birthed in fire and flame from a willingness to ascend to monstrous greatness, nothing quite so crude as fighting for domination or casting unceremoniously into the volcano's depths, and to my mind it was beautiful. I couldn't wait to put it to use. I circled back whence I came, to the open fiery pit of ritual.

To my dubious surprise, my crew's seeking on my behalf had not gone very far. All's well, I thought, and I assembled them once more. 

On 4/10/2021 at 3:45 PM, Void Emissary said:

(Barius killed Boss and created Nektann, right? I killed Barius. If there's the slightest possibility of me being able to exert some sort of influence over Nektann ... if we could turn him away from the village, or even use him against the Zivon...

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

{Decent enough idea in theory.}

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1