Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Inside a closed off room

Dew sparkled like a drop of starlight as it rolled down and dripped off of a large and lush Elephant Bush leaf to plop into the aqua colored puddle below it. The droplet sent ripples through the puddle that sat nestled between the roots of a small banyan tree that filled the room, causing a lone lily pad to undulate due to the disturbance. Sorilax watched as a frog peeked its head out from underneath the lily pad. It opened its mouth, probably croaking at him were his field of Silence not active.

So far his searching had been fruitless other than learning more about the life here. Perhaps the top of the tower would hold the secrets he so fervently sought out. He was close to finishing up checking all the lower rooms. Just a few more and he could start his ascent in full.

He went to reactivate his Light warping technique and teleport out of the barely cracked door when something stirred both within him and without. He was not sure what the feeling was, nor what the feeling described in full, but in the vaguest sense he felt like he had just lost a great something to something else.

It sort of felt like the power behind Taboos, but it was not a cold and crushing feeling that washed over and in him, rather a warm and embracing feeling. Like something he should know but had yet to fully understand.

He pondered for some time what it could mean.

IC: Two - Rahkshi of Fragmentation and Life 

Location - Le-Metru Nuva

Two watched attentively as he fed his kin. The Kraata’s tiny mouths devoured the Life duplication Rahi he had made as fast as they could, as if they had been starving for over a month. Two could understand that, though his hunger was inconsequential. He would not die from starvation, nor anything else that normal life needed to survive. So while he did eat regularly, he knew he didn’t need to.

He glanced over at Three and his father’s empty vessel. Though father hadn’t been gone long, it sure felt like it. He hoped for a speedy return so that he might be able to directly help out in his father’s purposes.

The green Toa pushed aside the woven reed door with a bustle of small wooden clinking noises and stuck her head into his father’s hut, “Alright, we should be good here for a while. I want you to go out on a deep patrol, looking for anything that might be cause for concern should it head for us. I’m talking mutations and defiled energized protodermis transformations of plants, Rahi, and insects. Be back by nightfall.

Two nodded in compliance. He was glad to be of use, and getting to explore this swamp and experience new life was a bonus.

The Toa went to leave but paused, “And be careful. We don’t know what else might be out there. More Untethered. Or even Skakdi or Aspects. When in doubt, just come back and we’ll try to figure out how to have you communicate what you saw.

Two hissed affirmative.

The Toa looked confused.

Two hesitantly lifted a hand and rolled up his fingers into a fist, sticking up his thumb. He had seen the Vortixx do it earlier.

The Toa closed her optics and sighed, “I never realized how annoying Spark could be until a few days ago. Now it never ends.” She shook her head and walked away into the dim light of the under canopy.

Two went back to finishing up feeding the Kraata. Once completed, he grabbed his silver staff from his back and strode from the hut. He wove through the many platforms, bridges, and stairways to the hidden branch path, past patrolling guards and Matoran busy with their days. The Fau Swamp was in the full swing of the day cycle, horrendous screeches and roars being tossed to and fro as giant and deadly Rahi fought for dominance or the chance at one last meal before being eviscerated themselves. He was starting to learn which calls belonged to which Rahi.

Two gripped his staff of Teleportation, mentally focusing on the power. He felt the power wash through him, filling his being. It was almost the same sensation as when father possessed him. It was great.

He spotted a suitable spot to teleport to in the crook of a gnarled tree draped with dark green moss and disappeared.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth, Lava flow away from the entrance

With - Whira

"Our next objective is to create a Zivon," the Aspect said. 

Cravious groaned and closed his optics as he tried to process this. Another Zivon? Not only would this keep him from being able to kill Whira in the future should he need to, but now how was he ever going to fight a riteborn monster? He was quickly running out of friends and enemies both, so he couldn’t just make his own. He needed a way, on his own, to deal with riteborn that wasn’t so… universally destructive to money-making.

Once again he thought of Whira’s Heartlight Forging Taboo. Maybe if he could figure out how to do something similar or just slightly lesser, he could forge weapons that could damage riteborn. There had to be some way.

He had a horrible thought. Irnakk had held the secrets of Heartlight Forging... perhaps he held secrets for other methods as well. Cravious’ stomach dropped as he imagined traversing through the volcano again. But if he was going to have to create the Zivon anyway, he might as well do all he can while there so he would never have to go there again.

He opened his optics.

Whira continued. "The Rite of the Zivon is simple enough, but our main concerns are finding a sacrifice for the Rite, and..." she paused, looking towards the volcano. "...waiting until the area is safe."

Cravious looked towards the volcano with her, Yumiwak’s ship hidden on the other side of the craggy rock, then he looked at his Cube some distance away to make sure no one was listening in. “That’s no concern. We can sacrifice Voracious. With the Rig and most of its inhabitants destroyed, I don’t need him anymore. Plus I don’t trust him anyway. I’ll just need to figure out an excuse to get him to join us inside.” Several ideas immediately came to mind.

As for waiting for the area to be safe, I know someplace we can lay low in until things pass over. The ziggurat where I met you, actually.

Whira nodded in remembrance and motioned for Cravious to lead the way.

Cravious did so. After giving one last look to make sure he hadn’t forgotten any of his equipment, he equipped his ACR and dragged the body of the Kaita inside. He would strip it for parts later.

With a quiet whirr, the Cube powered to full and walked away, giving the entrance to the volcano a wide berth as it traveled east.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC, Aurax: 

“Nah, this isn’t a social call,” Aurax said. “Whatever you were talking about in your meeting will have to wait. We have a problem that puts us all in danger. Its name is Ehlek.”

He paused for a moment. “Ehlek requested that I bring him some Matoran for experimentation. He says that if I don’t, then he’ll have to harvest some himself from the population. I told him I would send him some tonight, but I don’t plan on doing that. Let’s say he does get some Matoran. We both know the kind of person he is. He won’t stop whatever he’s doing. He’ll keep coming back for more, and then when he runs out of Matoran, I’m sure he won’t mind turning to other species to use as test subjects.”

The king sighed. “Like it or not, he is a big problem that affects everyone here, League and refugee alike. I’m trying to hatch a plan to take him out, and I need your help.”

OOC: @BULiK

IC, Whira:

As the Cube moved, Whira sat down and looked out the window. She was lost in thought. She was amazed at how far she had come since starting her quest, but she was anxious to continue. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

Nale looked up from the fighting below between mech and monster.

"Is now really the best time to be taking a call?"

@BULiK@~Xemnas~

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital Exterior

On 4/10/2021 at 8:18 PM, The UltimoScorp said:

"Jutori get down!"

The Toa of Gravity took notice of the glob's appearance as he scanned the environment following the rain. However even with Katrin's warning, Jutori's reaction to it was delayed by his injuries and, although he made an effort to avoid it while raising both arms to protect himself, it managed to splash onto his legs. The limbs then began to feel heavy, a tingly feeling coming across the area affected. From where he was once energetic and confident, he now became tired.

Jutori began to fall to his knees.

"What is...is...?"

@The UltimoScorp

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Niidak (Wilderness)

She was unsure why, but looking at the silver giant gave her a headache, so she turned back to follow the airships. They flew past Metru-Koro, towards the Junk Fields where she had come from, and landed there. Niidak frowned. The fleet was too large to be some sort of exploratory expedition. In fact, it was so large she still believed it was all ships the League had. Why would they send everything to the Junk Fields, a bunch of uninhabited ruins infested by Untethered and containing little of value, as she had so painfully learned? Of course, she could just go and ask, but first of all she wasn't sure if the League wouldn't just vaporize strangers on sight, and second of all she did not want to go back to that awful place.

She lost sight of the airships once they descended behind the many knowledge towers and other ruined structures of the Junk Fields. But she had seen enough. The League was up to something and she was sure someone at Ko-Pou or Kini-Koro would be eager to know that, for a price.

She was about to put her telescope back in her satchel, when she decided to take another glance at the strange being near the beach, out of pure and genuine curiosity. It was a rare feeling for her. What she saw was a mech walking away from the skull, headed inland. Something had happened, though she had missed it while she had looked at the Junk Fields. She now felt even more curious than before, yet knew that the mech was a potential danger. She had gotten headache from just looking at it, which felt like no mere coincidence.

Despite her reasoning, and her desire to just head to Ko-Pou, curiosity nevertheless overcame her and she drove off on her hoverbike, headed towards the giant. It was a short drive away, but as she approached she could truly comprehend the gargantuan size of the thing. She was afraid to get too close now, fearing it could simply crush her with its foot without even using a weapon of any kind.

She stopped her hoverbike in the giant's path, which she felt like was an incredibly stupid idea. Hesitantly, she called out to it, hoping it could hear. "H-hello? What... in Mata-Nui's name are you?" Her foot was ready to push the pedal to the metal if the giant responded aggressively.

@Gecko Greavesy

• Like 4

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

The Fe-Toa looked to Nale, his optics widening with concern as the conversation unfolded. Knichou was silent for several moments as he processed this information. His optics widened further than he thought possible as the Fa-Toa's voice reverberated through both the air between them and the speakers in his adaptive armor kanohi.

Knichou gave a slight groan and then shrugged to his partner. "Of course it's not a good time. It never is."

"Anyways, Aurax," Knichou quickly continued, not wanting to let the despot take the conversation off track after the sudden appearance of a third person on the call. "Is betraying one Barraki not enough for you? Why the sudden change of heart? Since when did the safety of other matoran matter to you?"

Aurax may have been a Toa longer than Knichou, but the commander's only memories of the other ex-Ghost in person were from when they both were matoran. Aurax, like Knichou, was unethical enough to join a guild of supremacist weaponsmiths, yet Aurax's lust for power drove him to experiments that were too unethical for even the Ghosts to bear - a rare feat for which Knichou and his apprentice paid the price.

That was the Aurax Knichou knew, and while the betrayer's voice was slightly different than Knichou's memory, that double-crossing matoran was who Knichou envisioned was on the other end of the call. The expression on the Nynran's face lowered to a scowl at the thought.

"Did you just realize that ordering minions around is a bit too stressful, and now you think you need us to fight your civil war for you? Why would we do that?"

Edited by BULiK
phrasing
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Icarax, Aspect of Dominion | Somewhere

Icarax was quiet for some time after Viltia finished her story. The toa had included a lot more details than he had asked for, but something told her that the aspect was not one to complain about receiving an abundance of information. Meanwhile, the red circle gleamed in the black, and the gentle sounds of rushing waves and shimmering chimes continued from somewhere just beyond sight.

"The guardian of the temples needs no more power," Icarax finally said. "And it was wise to refuse the spirit of the tooth. You are bold, little star. It was clever of Sorilax to bind you to himself." He sounded sad for a moment. "You do not deserve what he will do to you."

The shadows flared. "But enough talk. The guests have told their stories, and now the host is permitted to speak. The world is ending, and we must pierce the veil if we are to escape its demise. I have the tool. What I need are the hands to wield it. The mind to direct it. The heart to make it strike true. If you will aid me in this task, then I, by the powers invested in me as the Chronicler of this land, shall aid you in yours."

The flowers adorning the ancient armor trembled as the metal beneath them began to move. The suit of armor, still kneeling, raised its arms, and its cupped hands emerged from the ground as if were only water. It raised its hands until they were level with its eyes, like it was offering up a prize. Cupped in its palms was a fragment of glowing rock that was shaped as if part of a puzzle. One side of it looked like it would form a sphere when assembled.

"Take this to the Great Temple," the dark voice said. "The Kini-Nui. It will show you what must be done next."

The sound of crashing waves and shaking rattles grew louder. Icarax's voice grew fainter, as if he was moving away from them into another room. "The way to save everything lies among the stars..."

The four beings blinked, and, instead of a red circle, they were now standing around a crackling campfire that cast a warm glow on the dry, rocky ground of the Kumu Peninsula. The mists drifted around them, cool and mysterious. Wreathed in fog, they could just make out the skeletal outlines of dead trees surrounding them.

Korruhn still held Grime in his arms, but now, in one hand, he also held the piece of glowing stone that Icarax had offered.

Clutched in one of Whisper's tendrils was an oddly-shaped key. A strange symbol was engraved on the pommel: a cupped hand above which floated a drop of water.

Viltia and her Muaka completed the group. In one hand, Viltia now held a key of the same design as Whisper's, but its symbol was different: it bore the design of a hammer striking an anvil.

The flames danced in the wind. The wood popped and cracked as pockets of boiling sap burst, throwing sparks into the air. There were no other sounds.

OOC: @Crimson Jester @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian Korruhn, Whisper, and Viltia each possess the piece of equipment described in the post. You may add these items to your profiles.

• Like 4

IC, Aurax:

”Because my civil war will become your war,” Aurax growled. “Would you rather I give Ehlek all my Matoran and then let him go after yours? That doesn’t sound like something you’d do. 

“Ehlek threatens everything that I’ve worked for. He threatens the peace I have brought to my kingdom. And he threatens the lives of your people. It’s better to strike now with our combined might rather than wait. I would’ve been content to let Ehlek sit and fiddle with his experiments had he not decided to involve himself on my life.”

OOC: @BULiK

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 2

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Grime, Life creation Muaka

The Green jumped back into Viltia’s mind as they were returned to the real world. She could even feel the dead wood as the burning remnants were slowly converted into heat. She looked down in her hand, the one not holding her Axe/Crossbow, and noticed a strange key with a hammer striking an anvil on it. It immediately made her think of her forge back home in Le-Metru Nuva, which then made her a little homesick. Not to mention it made her want to whip up another Kanohi.

Wait… Kanohi. “Hey, wait!” Viltia called out to the non-existent Icarax as she turned about. Though she could no longer sense him, she still continued, “How do I make Golden Masks?!

When silence and the crackling fire were all that greeted her, she frowned. Eventually she sighed, then smiled as she turned to Whisper, “Well, thanks so much for helping me out. We should get somewhere I can recognize so I can teleport and get your payment.” She looked at the stone Korruhn held, then back at Whisper, “After that, I suppose we can save the universe, or whatever it is Icarax told us to do. You ready to go?

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester

Location - Fire Ruins

With - Whira

The ziggurat slowly came into view, a reprieve from the monotony of ash and charcoal trees. It was weathered, even in this barren place, and piles of ash sat on it like defiled snow banks. The Cube approached and nestled down in much the same place as it had a month prior, this time a side door opening instead of the large garage ramp.

Whira followed along behind Cravious as he scanned the ruin with his X-Ray Vision. Once more, this weird field of stars blocked him from seeing any further. The pair made their way inside.

They entered through the great hallway feeling a dry heat and smelling sulfur. Their footsteps didn’t echo, something dampened the sound further down. The hallway led downward in a straight line. After about a minute both of them shivered involuntarily as they felt a tingle run up their spines. At last they reached an open chamber. Whira and Cravious stood in a grand circular room about fifty paces in diameter. Light came not from the hallway, but from the glittering starlight dancing on the dark ceiling. In the center was a round pool of magma about five paces in diameter, bubbling and sizzling. Hieroglyphs of a kind only Whira understood covered the walls. On the far side of the chamber stood a portion of wall with a glowing portal shaped like a door.

Cravious decided to explore the space further and moved about, inspecting the pool of magma and the walls, finally deciding to take the portal after nothing interesting presented itself.

As they passed through the glowing portal into the next space, they felt the sweltering heat of continue. Despite the small nature of the portal, they beheld a massive complex strewn before them, alive with fire and brooding embers. They stood within a massive lit forge.

Cravious inspected the mechanics of the place, confused by their seemingly puzzling nature. You didn’t just make something this complicated unless you didn’t want the average Skakdi figuring it out.

Beyond, Whira and Cravious found a corridor lined by more pipes, leading into a large, hexagonal chamber. The floor was covered in black, pumice gravel, the walls were mostly unadorned protodermis and rose seemingly endless above them, appearing to vanish at a point where the light became too intense to keep looking up.

At the center of the chamber rose a pedestal, and from the pedestal a contraption, not unlike a Matoran telescope. But instead of a lens crystal, there was a receptacle for what could only be a Kanoka disk. Inscribed into the base of the pedestal was a numeric sequence: 1-5-9.

And on the far side of the contraption, written in the wall in large, Matoran letters was a single word:

NUVA

Cravious leaned down and ran his fingers over the numbers. This machine looked like it could be for Kanoka, and he had figured out how to make a ninth level of power with Whira’s help. Could the numbers mean something? Maybe a specific power and flight pattern? He needed to figure out how to figure those out. He needed to visit one of the refugee settlements and pry the answers from them.

What he really needed most, though, was a way to make Great Discs on his own, apart from Whira. And he needed a way to get more EP, and a way far easier than having to deal with Icarax. Then maybe he could figure out what this Kanoka receiver did and if he could exploit it for widgets.

Whira pointed out an adjoining room and Cravious inspected it. Looking through the open triangular doorway he could see a large circular room with a domed ceiling of stars and a round sand pit at its center. A small flight of stairs led down to the stone floor, which was warm underfoot. There were two tiers of tan sandstone bleachers ringing the perimeter of the space, providing ample room for a small village to hide during an emergency. Set next to the Amaja circle was an open chest with five carved gemstones of different colors. A sixth stone of porous igneous rock carved in a different and more angular style than the gemstones already rested in the center of the Amaja circle. It glowed with a red hot flame.

Cravious picked up the diamond, inspecting it. It seemed to be just a normal diamond. He shrugged to Whira and tossed it into the Amaja circle just to be rid of it. It landed with a soft thud in the sand as he turned to leave, “Well this ruin seems secure enough if things go wrong. Let’s go wait and see how long it takes Yumiwak to finish up. Then we can make your Zivon. After that, I do have a few things I need to check up on.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ Whira bunnied with permission.

Descriptions of the Fire Ruins pulled from SK:R GM posts.

I rolled a 1d6 and got a 6, which I took as a being able to choose the stone I wished to place. The diamond is placed in the Fire Ruins Amaja Circle. All riteborn within the hex of the Fire Ruins and one hex outside (Kini-Nui, Irnakk's Tooth, the remains of the Rig, and the Fire Suva) are forced to flee.

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

"Payment, yes... I've been thinking about that," Whisper turned in a slow circle, first investigating her surroundings, then inspecting the key Icarax had given her, "Teleportation won't be necessary. I too wish to be one with the creatures of the wild. I'd like you to share your taboo with me." 

Masks were of little use to her, and though the offer of energised protodermis was an interesting one, she already knew of a near-limitless source of the substance. But power... a power that few knew of or wielded... a power that let her inhabit the form of another while retaining her full abilities... that interested her. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Viltia instinctively reached for her thigh where the symbol of her Taboo lay as if to protect it. Warnings flashed in her mind. But they weren’t from Sorilax. “I don’t know…” she said hesitantly, “Sidra said these tethers might be connected to those undead things, or even Mata-Nui, and that I shouldn’t merge in front of other beings. I don’t know if it would be right to teach it to you. After all, my mind did change a little bit since I learned it. Others have noticed, though apparently I’m mostly the same. I also wouldn’t want that to happen to you when you’ve been so nice.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

Location - Outside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

Whira and Cravious exited the Fire Ruins, ascending up and out into the grim light that fell on the Ash Barrens. Cravious turned west and used his Telescopic and X-Ray Vision in tandem to cut through the blackened husks of trees and see that Yumiwak’s ship still floated over the entrance into Irnakk’s Tooth.

Cravious turned to Whira and shook his head, then made his way to the Cube. He had no way to know how long the wait would be, but he was going to utilize the time he had. Perhaps he would start making more Kanohi to practice. Maybe one of the Kanoka he had yet to figure out the power of.

He stepped up and into the waiting door of the Cube to work and to wait.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

"Changing my mind is exactly what I want," Whisper whispered, drifting closer, "We Aspects aren't truly alive. We don't know how it feels... and I'd like to. Besides, I had to give up a taboo to open that door for you. Is it truly too much to ask for another in return?" 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Viltia’s mouth hung open and her voice was incredulous, “You don’t know how it feels?” Her mind raced. Feeling the emotions and thoughts of the being you were merged with was one of the best feelings she had ever had. You felt life more abundantly than you could ever imagine before. Whisper not even being able to feel her own life blew Viltia’s mind. She absolutely couldn’t let that stand.

She pushed aside the large tendril that grew from the spot on her thigh, revealing the three squiggly lines engraved into the silver glowing patch where she had been bitten by Untethered Wing. “We have to fix this, then.” She started whispering like Sidra could hear her, “Just don’t tell Sidra I taught you this. I don’t want to upset her. She hasn’t been quite the same since getting NUVA.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2

IC Stannis | Kumu

The Wanderer stepped out of Whisper’s shadow. “Ah, there you are again. I’ve been trying to get in touch with you about your expired warrantee.

He paused. “Hello, Viltia. Korruhn, my friend.

OOC | Can it make a full post right now but gotta keep moving. I’ll do a Kini retroactive in a few. 

@Crimson Jester 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

"If anyone asks, I'll say I found the symbol in a temple here," Whisper replied, staring intently at the lines inked into the Toa's flesh. Her floating form jostled in surprise at Stannis' sudden appearance. In the chaos of recent events, she'd almost managed to forget that he'd intended to follow her here sooner or later.

"Good to see you again," she said absently, in way of greeting. 

• Like 1

IC: Onaku - Kini-Koro

Working up a sweat even as the storm cleared up, Onaku was in the midst of helping dig a channel to redirect potential floods when the sound of something splattering nearby caught his attention. Looking up, he saw some strange substance scattered across the ground, and a matoran stumbling nearby seeming to have gotten caught up in the splash, looking out of it. "Whoa, hey, stay sharp now!" Onaku vaulted up out of the hole, approaching the matoran, who lost their footing and fell onto their behind up against a nearby tree. "You alright?" 

Trying to get any response out of the matoran seemed to be a fruitless effort, they simply mumbled in delirium and panted weakly as if exhausted. Onaku grimaced, looking up and seeing the immense form of a scorpion monstrosity in the mountains above the valley, its stinger aimed their way. The culprit. Another enemy coming for Kini-Koro. Slinging his shovel over his shoulder with a determined glare, he began making his way back into Kini-Koro, looking for two familiar faces.

@The UltimoScorp@Tarn

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

IC Leklo | Kini-Koro, the Ambling Alp

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - It's Wiser to Be Mad

Ignoring that inner remark, Ostrox turned to Leklo and Parnassus and gestured towards the now oddly green looking Kini-Koro. "Did either of you two glimpse the giant green glob of goo that just glooped our granges? 'Grange' means farm, by the way. It’s a real word. 'Glob' and 'glooped' on the other hand... 

"LOOK. Are you going to do anything about this, or are you just going to continue doing what I assume is your best impression of a Vahki?!"

"Glob and gloop are real words, too," the former scholar said. It was by sheer chance that the effects of the kaiju's venom missed the little group by the airship; others in the village were far less fortunate, and the caustic substance mired person and abode with equal indiscrimination. Ostrox was right that they needed to do something and Parnassus—whoever the bloke was—seemed to have ideas for something, but Leklo was unconvinced. He doubted his power, and in that doubt he remained held back from achieving what was possible. He wanted to fight, but he didn't want to be beaten; Ostrox he could defeat, but the kaiju? Not a chance fikou's chance in Huai Snowball Sling. Leklo was trying to pick his battles, but did so recklessly. In his chest he could feel the beating of his heart thrum with the cadence of a wardrum, pounding a melody of battle that stirred his thoughts to singleminded combat.

His fist gripped the pommel of his kopesh in preparation to fight the Manta at last, to feel something in his veins akin to thrill, and he almost let go, almost gave in to the beating of his anxious heart, when Oreius' voice broke the silence.

"Stannis wants us off the ground, now," he growled from the loading bay at the three others. Unbeknownst to any of them, these were not Oreius' words but Stannis' spoken through his mouth. Leklo would not have budged lest a directive come from a power he respected, and while he did not know the depths of depravity that befell the former Toa Maru he trusted in the former Maru's stalwart legacy and connection to the Wanderer to take the order to heart. It would have taken nothing less than that to stir Leklo away from his budding desperate duel. "Get in here."

@Void Emissary @Toru Nui

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui, before teleporting away

The sand and stone shrine looked familiar, but not to Caedast, per se. It recalled something else, something ancient, a distant memory of a tapestry laid threadbare over the eons. The shrine of sand and stone had changed dramatically from when he briefly caught sight of it when he ventured into the Far Shore, most notably the igneous rock at the center having grown red hot.

"It's an Amaja circle," Bronk said simply. He was a simple man, a former Archivist of few words. Stannis liked him almost immediately, and he looked nearly familiar as a being, too; perhaps the two had crossed paths sometime before. 

"Of course, an ancient magic," Stannis said in an exhale. "But you do not know how to use it?

Bronk shook his head. He'd been trying to make it function to his liking, but it had not done what he wanted it to do, in part because he was not sure what function he was trying to use it for. 

The Wanderer took a momentary glance at the ridgeline horizon and the great scorpion leering at the settlement from its skyline promontory, and he sneered at it. Despite the Wanderer's ease of movement he still felt the slightest pangs of fear as he looked at the Zivon, afraid that he could be ensnared in it's phantom like jaws and gutted. Despite all the time in the world time was not on his side, and he needed to act quickly before the Zivon acted in any way further. 

"Well. I do." Caedast reached back into the ancient memories of Stannis, from the old man's history as a matoran and a Builder, and assembled the necessary blueprint of a thought. Caedast struggled to do this sometimes, to force thoughts to the fore after eons of disuse, but it worked better when recalling straight knowledge than esoteric philosophies. Stannis' concepts of morality and mortality were hard to define and express, but his understanding of how the world worked on a molecular level was much easier. 

Cycles and circles, that's how he liked to explain it, roundabouts and clock faces. "What are the three essential parts of a garden?" Stannis asked Bronk; it was a rhetorical query and there was no chance for the matoran to reply before the Wanderer explained with a quickened pace of voice. "Stone, vegetation, and water. The Amaja Circle is a garden and a place for storytelling, but it is also clock. Cycles and circles, the things stories fill up and the face of a sundial, are brought together here. Turaga of old would share those stories here, making waves in the sand with their staves, bringing the rock to life to share their legends of events past, but no matter how direct and perfunctory their lores were the listeners all imagined the stories in different ways, with nuances based on their imagination at the time. The Amaja Circle's magics draw on imagination and focus, the stones are just tools for the storytelling and using them help control the story against the great beasts that plague our nightmares. Each stone pulls at a different string of Fate and gives its user control.

The wizard plucked the gem that Bronk had placed in the middle before and set it aside. "An Opal stone will make the monsters more subdued but no less dangerous. We can render them weaker, and we can banish them away, but imagination alone won't let us vanquish them. That takes Unity and strength. But to end the nightmare right now, we need only change the tone... to something purer.

Stannis placed the diamond gemstone in the center. It had been tens of thousands of years since he had played with an Amaja before, but he remembered how they worked again as if it had been only weeks ago. They were second nature to him, to Stannis, though. After all, he helped program their code. 

He smiled, got up, and began to walk away. He walked around a tree, breaking line of sight with Bronk, and never emerged on the other side. It was true, the archivist supposed: Wizards were always where they needed to be for exactly as long as they were needed.

OOC | Stannis to Kumu.

@Sparticus147 @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 4

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

And just like that, as quickly as the moment had appeared, it fell away again, and once more, Korruhn found himself standing at the fire he had erected earlier with Grime and Miserix. Flanking him were his two new "guests" (although he really hoped he wouldn't have to keep acquaintance long. Korruhn had grown quite used to his solitude, and any interruption from a stranger now felt more like an intruston). In his arms rested Grime, alive, but still weak from the process of rebirth, and in his hand now rested the glowing stone once held by Icarax, Aspect of Dominion. How it had got there was beyond Korruhn, for all thoughts about it were clouded by the sheer power emanating from it.

What I need are the hands to wield it, the Aspect had uttered at him before his departure. It seemed Korruhn had found a new task now, a new service. A bearer of... something. He still didn't know what this stone was. Nor did he know much else. The vacuum left where Korruhn expected to be filled with answers was glaring, and had not gone unnoticed. Icarax played his cards as close to his chest as most anyone else...

Miserix! Korruhn shouted into the depths of his own mind. You've been awful quiet. What do you make of your brother's plan?

"Just don’t tell Sidra I taught you this. I don’t want to upset her. She hasn’t been quite the same since getting NUVA.Most anyone else. Not this one, the "heart" called Viltia, apparently. Korruhn felt his normally-cold Ko-Metru blood boil in his vascular system at mention of that mere name, long before his brain even processed the part at the end. NUVA. He gritted his teeth, and his fist clenched around the stone. He hated that being. That bog-leech, clinging on to Korruhn and Leklo at the Suva... Leklo. What had Sidra done with him?

Before Korruhn had a chance to do something he may regret later, a familiar visage stepped out from behind the lesser Aspect. That of a strange old wizard, one he hadn't seen since Fort Nektann, what seemed like a lifetime ago.

"Stannis? Fashionably late, hah!" Korruhn said, chuffed as he could muster at his friend's arrival. In spite of the isolation and frustration of the last month, it was a welcome sight to see a friend again, as Korruhn had yet to reencounter any of his friends after they had departed company. "You and I have a lot to talk about."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Miserix | Kumu

Korruhn's question echoed into the deep of his mind. Miserix's response came quickly, freely despite her recent silence while within the bounds of Icarax's domain. He had not pulled her from Korruhn, and she considered that a success. Neither has Whisper, this new aspect. 

But another approached, one clad in a cape and the body of a man much like Grime.

I have learned much from the green one already. She flaunts her power, and I am grateful for the knowledge.

Do not trust your old friend.

OOC: @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua, @Kal the Guardian, @Gecko Greavesy

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri, lower floors of Bellicus Tower

Sorilax found much in the way of knowledge about the lives of who once lived in this great spire. There must have been a whole village of beings of similar stature to the matoran in Le-Metru Nuva. Their sleeping slabs were laid out in regular patterns on some of the floors above street level. On the lower floors he'd also found unusable and overgrown personal vehicles, similar to the smallest war rigs of the skakdi. What struck him as odd though was consistent mentioning of prices: prices for parking, prices for admittance, prices for lighting, and the list went on. There were no prices in Le-Metru Nuva, no "widgets" forming the basis of an exploitative economic system. Le-Metru Nuva was full of good people, just people, and people who just wanted to do good by their neighbors.

So what did that say of Bellicus tower?

As Sorilax searched, unable to hear the sounds of others, and both silent and invisible to those who might bear witness to his search, the aspect piloting the rahkshi determined with certainty that there was nothing more to be found in the lower floors. Perhaps the upper floors contained some benefit for him and his village?

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, thanks for your patience. @Harvali, thanks for waiting a little longer.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

* Tobduk-Koro, this is Taku actual. Be brief *

* Don’t use underground shelters, they’ll collapse and flood. The torrent of rain the beast causes quickly erodes the ground, which is why we needed to evacuate Po-Koro despite it going away. Skakdi and Toa of Earth, Stone, Iron, Jungle, Ice, Magnetism, maybe also Psionics could help reduce the risk of mudslides and other, uh, ground-related issues. *

Listening through the radio, hearing the frantic concern of Knichou as he undoubtedly made contact with the Tahtorak, Vulimai was about to respond to the voice coming from Tobduk-Koro that the rains appeared to have stopped. That was when shouts distracted her as she looked up just in time to see the Zivon appear on the ridgeline, their toxic green of their venom splattering over the village.

Though some were able to avoid the splash, taking cover wherever they could, most were struck and covered by the substance, with the vileness seeping into the earth beneath them. Vulimai herself was also struck. As she was covered in the ooze, she immediately felt her strength be sapped away from her, her falling against the radio tower as she tried to stay on her feet. Straining, she was just able to keep up her focus, beating through the worst of it as she spoke into the radio tower.

"Knichou! There's another riteborn! Get Kilo or Atamai overhear...NOW! 

Stumbling away, she made her way towards the portal as she began to shout out a command as best she could. "Everyone! We are having a complete evacuation! Get through the portal!" Lumbering, she felt like she was about to fall, that was when her armor began to compensate for her stumbling, as minor thrusters began to form keeping her on her feet and assisting with her movements, though she was still nowhere near as fast as she would be without the goop as she fought forwards and tried to direct everyone into the portal.

A few drops fell upon her mask as a looming darkness once more began to build.

OOC: @BULiK @Toru Nui @Eyru @Harvali @Onaku @The UltimoScorp @Tarn @Gecko Greavesy Whoever else I'm missing

• Like 3

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

(By the power of Xa, I sure hope so.)

"Then let's not keep him waiting," Parnassus said, stalking up the gangplank to where Oreius stood. They glanced back to their newfound compatriots -- a makeshift assemblage if ever there was one, perhaps even moreso than the warskaks of Fort Nektann -- and added:

"Leklo! Get on board and see what our resources are on this ship. Ostrox, I want you at the wheel, or the lever, or whatever makes this thing fly. We're headed straight into the storm!"

OOC: @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Leklo | Ambling Alp

Oreius was already in the cockpit and was not surrendering the joystick to anyone. Stannis already had deprived him of his own airship and he was not going to lose another airship. 

Leklo, however, boarded, slowly trying to process how Stannis had somehow given a directive to Oreius but unable to argue all the same.

• Like 3

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

Zataka had not moved. Not when the mountain had begun to shake, intense enough that it seemed the entire volcano would collapse in on itself. Not when the monsters had emerged, raining more dirt and debris down on her and the Skakdi. The titan had watched them rise up, stupefied by the incredible power on display, contemplating what she could accomplish were it hers to command. 

And she was not moving now, despite Yumiwak’s order to her Skakdi to search for the literal writing on the wall. But not her. The titan felt it was prudent to keep at least one pair of eyes on the fiery abyss while the others had their backs turned. Yumiwak’s explanation for what had just happened when the Mesi had been cast into the fire echoed in her mind. She had heard legends of Tahtorahk before, and the mention of Zivon rang a distant bell. But now there was mention of dragons as well. Just how many different beasts could this mountain produce?

Given all that, she’d taken up position halfway between the ledge and the entrance to the chamber, weapons at the ready. There was nothing stopping these kaiju from returning - especially if they really were the sacrificed Mesi, reborn in new form. They were lucky Marrow hadn’t just turned back to settle the score. But luck was not something to count on for long - others would be coming to investigate  the mountain after the monsters’ appearance. Surely that had not gone unnoticed by the outside world. They might well find themselves on the other side of the conflict Marrow had been on: caught between a pit of magma and intruders that would stop at nothing to summon riteborn of their own.
Wouldn’t that be ironic...

"I am yours,"

The atypical soft words escaping Yumiwak’s lips finally caused her to look back. She hadn’t even made out all the words she’d muttered, but she had picked up on their tone - and something about it put her on alert. Yumi had either noticed something new, remembered something pertaining to the task at hand or come to some other sort of epiphany. Regardless: something was up.

“What was that?” she asked, moving in closer.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

The bodies of the afflicted began to twist and glow with energy as the Kaita of Remedy brought their powers to bear. The Turaga and other witnesses present even had to shield their eyes momentarily as the healing energy took hold and began to change the writhing forms into the familiar shapes of Matoran once more.

At the same time, Whakamahu tried their best to disentangle the warped identities of the afflicted, restoring their identities once more - but despite all their combined power, skill and knowledge, they only got so far. The removed layers upon layers of bestial instinct. But deep down, there was a small, dark core, a knot where Matoran and Rahi were so closely tied together, it would not come undone.

Still, they pushed on - until finally, the glow subsided and before on the ground lay Nixie, Vhisola and the other Matoran - seemingly back in their original shapes.
Nixie for her part, felt like she had finally reached the surface after almost drowning. She wasn’t entirely herself, she knew that deep down - but this was the closest she’d been in a long time. So overwhelming was the sensation, that, upon glancing down at herself, the Matoran began to weep, arms wrapped tightly around herself.

Vhisola and the others were similarly relieved to be back to something resembling normalcy, each checking over themselves just to make sure they didn’t have tails and claws anymore.
Eventually, Nixie managed to sit up and managed a weak “...thank you.” as she wiped at her eyes.

“Did...it work?” one of the others asked. Their voice was shaky, unfamiliar to being used.

“I’m...not sure.” Vhisola said, sounding very hoarse. “Yes...I mean...look at us. But…”

She broke off, eyes looking towards the Kaita, looking for confirmation or an explanation. Whakamahu had done what they could. The afflicted were Matoran again - but a trace of the affliction remained, they could sense it even now. Eventually, it might return. Not today, not in the near future, that much they knew. But beyond that...

OOC: 
@Onaku@Snelly@Harvali@Tarn

• Like 6

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Whisper – Kumu Peninsula

The knowledge that flooded Whisper’s mind as she gazed upon Viltia’s taboo was more than she’d expected. Seeing what the Toa had done with the power had been interesting enough, but realising that she hadn’t even been using the power to its full potential made it all the more intriguing.

“Thank you,” she said softly, drifting back away from Viltia. Four flickers of silver emerged from Whisper’s armour, squeezing through the joins where her actual arms connected to her central shell. “I hope you find what you’re looking for,” she said, glancing at the key Viltia had been given.

She turned her attention back to Stannis and the other Toa, who appeared to know each other. While she waited to hear what they had to say, she reached out across the land with her Insect Control powers, seeking a creature worthy of serving her purposes…

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Sidra – Metru-Koro

Wairuha trudged across the sodden sand alongside what remained of Metru-Koro, leaving deep footprints and furrows in the dirt as the flail still clutched in its hand dragged along the ground.

Sidra sensed a mind approaching, a conflicted consciousness caught between curiosity and trepidation. A mind she recognised. A mind that decided to blurt out literally the worst possible question the moment she got within earshot.

“Mata Nui?” Sidra’s voice issued from the mech’s mouth as she brought Wairuha to a stop and willed the mech to kneel down closer to Niidak. “That putrid piraka has nothing to do with this.”

@Daniel the Finlander

IC: Opal – Kini-Nui

The little creatures scattered in terror as Opal’s poison struck. They fell and fled and faltered, but some held their ground, and tried to help those who’d been infected by her venom. They were the ones Irnakk had spoken of. The ones who knew love. The ones who needed to have their affection and compassion ripped from them.

The mighty Zivon began to stalk down the slope, her sharpened claws and crushing weight carving away shelves of rock and rubble that rained down into the valley below. Below her, she was startled to see that some of the little creatures were beginning to disappear, vanishing through a shining shape of rainbow light.

Letting out a chittering hiss, Opal clung tightly to the mountainside and raised her forelegs, preparing to unleash twin snares of webbing to block the strange escape route.

And then it struck. Once, then again.

A feeling, a compulsion to flee.

One she couldn’t deny.

Against her own predatory eagerness to continue the assault and enjoy this veritable bounty of prey, Opal turned her back to the village and scrambled up over the mountainside, phasing back through the veil between planes into her own realm as she made her unwilling retreat.

• Like 3

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

Kardaka stumbled as light radiated from the Matoran. Her stubby legs tripped over themselves, and she fell to her back. The Turaga of Stone gasped out, laying limp, her breathing dazed and her heartlight flickering.

Gradually she recovered as the light dwindled, and she used her Badge of Office to push herself upright. As she stood up her optics widened, the Kaita … their power had changed the ill Matoran, made them seem … normal.

She shuddered, she … she had not known what she had expected, but suddenly, this felt wrong. Twisting and deforming the ill until they fit back into the mold of a Matoran. It … it reeked too much of the old sins of Matoran society, that all must bend and contort to fit in with what the Matoran demanded.

They had obviously been sick, but the Matoran now seemed confused, unsure. Fearful. Like they were not sure they were the people they had been. They could talk now, but … she worried.

And their unpracticed unsure voices, it made her remember her newfound clumsiness and shrunken body.

Kardaka slowly approached the Matoran, speaking off balance. She tried to speak with wisdom, but kept adding new comments, as she thought over her prior words. “What worries you? If I may ask. Take your time. I know that kind of transformation can be jarring.

She winced at her lack of finesse, she had not talked to people much in the last few millennia, maybe her skills had atrophied. She looked away, turning to Okua and Klawne to ask, “Can we get them water? For their throats?

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

Nale continued to listen to the conversation she'd now become a part of, her right hand now characteristically placed over an audio receptor, mirroring Knichou. As she tried to form her thoughts on it, the presence of the rain monster below stayed at the forefront. If they could at least manage to run it off--or better yet, the NUVA kill it--then it seemed their next immediate problem would be Ehlek and whatever his goals were. If they agreed to ally with Aurax, and if Knichou could stomach working with someone he despised. The Toa of Magnetism knew their history, knew her partner's feelings. And, just as soon as she'd be at his side to do anything to rub Aurax the wrong way, she'd also be at his side to tell him what was more important in situations like this.

Even if you hated someone to their very core, if something bigger threatened both of you and others, would you simply let fate take its course or do something about it? A familiar phrase came to mind: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Nale decided to speak up again.

"Aurax, this is Captain Vella speaking," she said. "Does this call end sooner if we agree to work together?"

@BULiK@~Xemnas~

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

"Find what ya were lookin' for, Miss Yumi?" Korio asked upon returning to the princess.

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital Exterior

As his legs gave way, Jutori now found himself in a position similar to when he had first arrived in Kini-Koro, lying face down outside of the village's hospital. He barely managed the strength to turn his neck to look over at Katrin, thoughts scrambled. Whatever had attacked the village clearly had employed some kind of ability that turned its targets lethargic.

If he had the strength to, he would have taken his hammer and tried to smash it.

@The UltimoScorp@Onaku

• Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Katrin Nuva- Kini Koro:

Kat was pushed back and against the wall, as the venom worked it's effects upon body and mind. She stumbled over, barely catching herself against the wall as she said down it, and the world before her eyes swam and spun so ferociously that she was forced to screw them shut to keep her senses intact. Even so, everything felt clouded again. She heard the door of the hospital open, as responders and worried workers came out to help. She waved at the direction of the sound, "Stayye awae...! Poyzin!" She called out, hoping her words could be made out. 

• Like 2

IC, Aurax:

There was nothing on the line at the moment. The radio crackled to life once more. 

“...yes,” Aurax said. “Meet me at the ruins of Metru-Koro so that we can hash out a plan. Aurax over and out.”

Aurax ended his call. He was glad that some progress was being made, but he wasn’t happy about having to work with Knichou. He was one of the few people suited to the job, unfortunately. 

The king saw Xaril approaching. “I need to go to a meeting,” he told the titan. “I am putting you in charge as my representative while I’m gone.”

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 4

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Slowly Ascending

The feeling passed, and so too did the rest of the rooms below the main level. Sorilax Silently ascended up one more flight of stairs, sidestepping the Rahi that couldn’t see him. Sometimes even having to patiently wait for a roaming one to pass by. He had sort of lost his sense of urgency after the wealth of knowledge he was gleaning from this place, carefully plucking details from each room to piece together a larger whole. As always, it was completely fascinating and filled his thoughts with happiness. It felt so good to be studying something once more.

Minutes walked by like seconds and faded into the distance as he slowly worked his way up the tower, unknowingly allowing the others above to finish their business here long before he would ever reach them.

Still, his focus on his Light bending technique kept him from spending more than ten minutes in each room. Thoughts of accomplishing his Grand Wish were always at the back of his mind, whispering to him every so often, urging him to find what he was truly looking for in the waterlogged city.

He would find it soon enough, he hoped. So far there hadn’t been much to discover regarding his next step.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis, Caedast, Grime, Life creation Muaka

Viltia beamed as Whisper grew… only four tendrils? Viltia had upwards of twenty something poking out of the many places her armor had been ruptured in Nektann’s Tahtorak hand. It was weird to see such a low number sprout from her new friend. Whisper thanked her and you could hear Viltia’s smile as she responded, “Oh you’re very welcome! I hope it helps.” Her one tether lowered to cover up the Taboo symbol before anyone else could see.

Suddenly an Aspect popped into existence within the range of her Life Kraata’s senses, dangerously close. In a moment her tethers raised her up and her already drawn crossbow was aimed at… the creepy, kind cloak Toa? Her tethers deposited herself back on the ground and she sheepishly grimaced as she started to talk to Stannis, “Sorry about the reaction, I had no idea you were an Aspect. You freaked me out by teleporting in out of nowhere. I got this Life Kraata from Sorilax and it lets me sense all forms of Life nearby. Oh! Hey, you’ll never guess where we just were. We opened a door, fought a Rahkshi, then met this Aspect named Icarax. It was super dark wherever we were. And he was pretty nice. We have to go put that stone thing,” She pointed to the stone Korruhn was holding, “Someplace in Kini-Nui. He also- Oh, uh. Hey bad news. Apparently the world is going to end.

Viltia shrugged and looked a little sad but quickly perked back up, “But hey he gave me this key thing.” She passed off the key to one of her tethers and it extended towards Stannis to show him, though it held on tightly to the object. “Although I have no idea where it goes… so it doesn’t really help me out. I-

Actually, she sensed yet another Aspect. Where was that coming from? It was kind of masked, like it was on top of another form of life. She looked around the group, trying to figure out where it was coming from. She ended with her head facing Korruhn, “Hey, um, Korruhn, was it? Yeah, just so you know, you have an Aspect like, inside you. I don’t know if that’s very healthy.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

IC: Whakamahu - Ko-Pou shelter

The Kaita looked upon the matoran, their forms restored though their ailment lingering, with an expression difficult to read. Looking closely enough, one might recognise relief, though it seemed to be mixed with a hint of grief and disappointment.

"Your forms have been restored... for now. But it is not complete. The ailment still lingers residually, no doubt you can feel it deep down. We had hoped I would be enough, but it seems this is just beyond my power to fully resolve..."

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Shelter

A look of relief washed over Okuo's features as he saw the afflicted, especially so his two friends, restored to their previous forms, all of them seeming able to speak and think as they used to. This relief was replaced by concern, how ever, as the Kaita spoke their words, lamenting it wasn't a complete cure. The Ta-Toa wracked his brain. What else would be enough if not this?

A thought returned to him that he had previously dismissed as far too risky at the start of all this. In the legends of great Toa he'd heard once when younger, there were tales of the heroes sacrificing their great power to set right some grievous wrong that had been inflicted upon the innocent. Giving up their Toa forms to help those that needed it. "... What if we use my Toa Energy?"

@Tarn@Snelly@Harvali@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

• Like 5

IC Stannis | Kumu

It had been tens of thousands of years since Caedast the True-guesser had been to her birthplace. In that span of eons she had inhabited many bodies, witnessed civilizations rise and fall, technology and science become learned and then unlearned, and seen more universes than most had fingers to count, but in all those years she had not felt her origin's dank earth under her feet or sniffed its tepid bog stench. The liminal spaces between the hither and yon had always been the Wanderer's domain, but this deceptive land was her home. Change and evolution had been the hallmark of the Time Between Time as all things were in flux, but the temples and shrines of the Kumu ark were a constant fixture of her kind. From it they spawned and to it they went, and the walls of basalt remained everlasting in an unchanging state, a storm's eye in the maelstrom of realities where dreams were forged to reality from prayers and nightmares alike.

Caedast looked all around her into the dark recesses of the night and listened to the eerie silence. For the briefest of moments she could almost hear ancient whispers of her name echo throughout the complex. Beyond the veil of darkness, she knew, were the pathways of silence and shadow, shrines and grottos dedicated to the kraata magicks and Great Spirits of the past and future. For onlookers the forbidden city of Kumu was a place mired with death, but for beings like Caedast and Whisper it was a haven of strange life. Viltia could never understand it. Few could. Sorilax seemed to deny its nature, and so he had fallen to his folly, and he would either succeed in whatever his quest was or return like everyone else had, like Caedast had many times before, every time before except for the version encountered in the Far Shore.

The Wanderer's arrival to the group had gone more smoothly than expected with such a robust welcoming committee. In his haste to exit Kini-Nui's dangers and commandeer Oreius' body as he did, he had declined to peer through Whisper's ocular sockets to better understand what awaited him on the other side of the shadow. While he was not displeased by everyone's presence—including, it seemed, the matoran Grime—he was caught by slight surprise. Viltia was shocked the most, however, and she raised her tendrils in a defensive array instantly, though Stannis simply warded them with a placating gesture and a soothing word for her to recognize as his own. 

"Stannis? Fashionably late, hah!" Korruhn said, chuffed to as many bits he could muster at his friend's arrival. He looked elated to see a friend again, and Korruhn seemed for all the world as if he had been deprived of affable companionship since they had departed company. It was a loneliness that ached at Stannis' soul, knowing all too well how dearly For and Leklo yearned for each other again and were so close, and yet so far still. "You and I have a lot to talk about."

"Indeed, we do." He prepared top speak at greater lengths, but before he could follow up with an elucidation and further greeting it was Viltia and her waterfall tongue who divulged everything that needed to be shared with as much a contravention to the sanctity of secrecy as could be possibly fathomed. How Sorilax could allow the trauma-afflicted girl to roam freely without a leash baffled the Wanderer; it was the opposite of controlling Fate and seemed to have the effect of launching a torched boat into a blockade. 

"Sorry about the reaction, I had no idea you were an Aspect. You freaked me out by teleporting in out of nowhere. I got this Life Kraata from Sorilax and it lets me sense all forms of Life nearby. Oh! Hey, you’ll never guess where we just were. We opened a door, fought a Rahkshi, then met this Aspect named Icarax. It was super dark wherever we were. And he was pretty nice. We have to go put that stone thing,” She pointed to the stone Korruhn was holding, “Someplace in Kini-Nui. He also- Oh, uh. Hey bad news. Apparently the world is going to end.

Viltia shrugged and looked a little sad but quickly perked back up, “But hey he gave me this key thing.” She passed off the key to one of her tethers and it extended towards Stannis to show him, though it held on tightly to the object. “Although I have no idea where it goes… so it doesn’t really help me out. I—

Actually, she sensed yet another Aspect. Where was that coming from? It was kind of masked, like it was on top of another form of life. She looked around the group, trying to figure out where it was coming from. She ended with her head facing Korruhn, “Hey, um, Korruhn, was it? Yeah, just so you know, you have an Aspect like, inside you. I don’t know if that’s very healthy.

If Viltia's narration had fallen on anyone else's ears it would likely have been considered annoying or overwhelming, but not for the Wanderer. Stannis was a Recorder, the All-seeker, and to him knowledge flowed and was soaked up like a puddle to a sponge. In the space or nary two breaths Stannis learned several important things which he would not have been able to extract even from Whisper with as much brutal efficiency as Viltia's storytelling. 

"There are many things you have no idea about, Viltia Star-child, about the people you know and the place you call home for now," he said, and then proceeded to inspect the item presented to him and noticed that Whisper held a similar relic in her appendages. "So the Chronicler took you to his Shadow-lair and then gave you both Keystones to grant you the essential knowledge you seek—but no directions? Hrrm, he must have run out of time..." he surmised.

And then, as he looked at Korruhn and the things the void-touched antihero held, the Builder Grime in one arm and a glowing bauble in the other, Stannis' eyes glowed with peculiar brightness. "He gave all three of you keys of a sort."

There was no need to sit and process the information. Icarax still lived—that was curious enough to Caedast, but Stannis himself held memories of the Chronicler as well that spoke to the ancient being's importance—and that meant History's spool was still in good record. He wondered if Whisper had the forethought to request a Codex of Absolution, and further still if the Keystone was the token needed for the item; her continued empowerment and progression was beneficial for the both of them. Viltia's cemented affiliation with Sorilax was now confirmed, as was the Life-seeker's powerset, which was fascinating to Caedast as well. But perhaps the most concerning revelation was the last thing Viltia mentioned, and it could only mean one thing: Miserix had laid claim to Korruhn's body. Stannis had almost asked if Whisper had encountered the Aspect of Rebirth yet, and that should she did so she ought to summon Caedast to her side and be wary of such a powerful vixen, but the inquiry was stifled before he could manifest the breath to ask it. Miserix was there, listening without hearing, surveilling without seeing, just as she had when she possessed Grime and then Barius. He looked at Korruhn, imagining Her beady eyes staring back at him, and then shrugged.

"Fascinating."

He gestured to the lightly crackling campfire they were somewhat gathered around and moved to sit on a rock. "Come, then. Let's talk further of where you all should go and what you should do. Fate can go a myriad of different ways from here for each of you, and without the knowledge you need you will stumble in riddles for two months and three weeks, and if I can give help, it will be yours."

@Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

As Na-Captain Vella took the initiative, Knichou glanced her with a curious expression that overrode the simmering fury from before. While Nale spoke, the Nynran thought back to his anger earlier that day, when possibly the only person to have directly caused more pain in Knichou's life than Aurax himself had invoked his rage. During and after that debacle, he wished Nale was there with him, to be that invisible force for good that he could rely on to keep himself levelheaded in the face of those who had lead to so much death.

Oh what a relief that she was here now.

Knichou wanted to protest cooperating with a backstabbing despot, to dismiss the thought of flying to Metru-Koro's ruins in what in his mind was undoubtedly a trap. His internals churned at the though of negotiating subservience to his rival in the shadow of his failures. The gall! Meet under the all-seeing dead eyes of the world he failed to save? Meet at the battlefield where, despite all of Knichou's efforts, the last war ended in a political defeat? Meet inside of a monument to the hubris of Matoran that Knichou had enabled? Meet near a memorial to the sacrifice of a Toa greater than Knichou could ever be who had actually given everything that he could to protect the Matoran?

Knichou had thrown himself at certain death to save all of the Matoran twice over now, and his attempt at self-sacrifice for the greater good had been rejected each time. Yet Datrox went quietly into the night, without fear, for a mere farmer that Knichou had nearly flown into the jaws of a monster. Knichou's heartlight quivered at a nagging question. He did not know if he could have such courage and selflessness.

That was why he needed Nale's wisdom guiding him. Her heartlight was not without it's scars, but it was still purer than most in Knichou's eyes. That was especially valued given Sorilax's troubling revelations...

As much as Knichou wanted not to, the Fe-Toa kept silent, for he knew that he did not want to become the toa he had briefly been in Sidra's presence earlier that day. The engineer never wanted his beloved to see him like that, and if he could help it, she never would. This was but one step of the challenging test that had troubled Nale as long as she could remember.

Was Knichou's anger the start of the same path that lead Datrox to break the Code, and more importantly, Nale's heartlight?

Was Knichou's lust for vengeance the same passion that squeezed the trigger in Po-Metru?

Nale had a new perspective now, yes. After crossing that line herself, she could empathize with her former lover in a way she couldn't when they separated long before Knichou's time. But that forgiveness came with time. It was not - and should never be - guaranteed, and Knichou could not risk letting it becoming an excuse. The rules still existed, no matter if both of their perspectives had changed radically in the past few months.

It was important to mind oneself, not for fear of what could be done, but out of wariness of what could not be undone. That undertone running throughout the Code ensured it always had meaning.

Knichou knew he had enough sins to atone for already.

The commander leaned forwards in his chair, optics shuttered. His chin came to rest against his clasped hands, his elbows dug into the seat's cushioned armrests. The Fe-Toa calmed his mind, focusing on his breaths and the drumming of the rain against the hull that surrounded them. Without his vision, his mind instinctively reached out with his sixth sense and felt the metal around him. He couldn't feel Nale's warmth from afar, but he felt the presence of her armor, and that alone was more than enough to reassure him.

The Nynran's optics returned to meet Nale's a few moments later. His mind was clear. The commander knew he could not risk any further hesitation.

"I know... that you know... that I don't like this," he began with measured words and a thoughtful optical glow. Nale could feel the energy in the room between them, she could almost feel in her internals that Knichou had more to say as her partner chose his words with a rare clarity. It was the same clarity she heard in the engineer's voice and saw in his optics when the he was at work with his designs. A confidence not born out of his comedic coping mechanisms, but from achieving a flow state of focus and will that offered an indescribable peace amongst the chaos that he brought to order.

"I also know... that you know... that I trust you more than anyone I've ever known. And that I know you made the right call. Thank you."

His posture straightened, the Fe-Toa grasping the armrests and leaning back upright. He had pacified and structured his thoughts, and now was the time for action.

"We have a village to save."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

2 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax:

The king saw Xaril approaching. “I need to go to a meeting,” he told the titan. “I am putting you in charge as my representative while I’m gone.”

IC: Xaril - Relic Fields

"Very well," he nodded, flinching at the derisive whispers that began gnawing at his confidence the moment Aurax finished speaking. "Good luck with your meeting."

@~Xemnas~

5 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kumu

"Fate can go a myriad of different ways from here for each of you, and without the knowledge you need you will stumble in riddles for two months and three weeks, and if I can give help, it will be yours."

IC: Whisper - Kumu Islets

Since Stannis seemed to already know everyone, and Viltia had blurted out enough to fill in any blanks, Whisper didn't bother wasting time playing coy with the conversation, "Our new... acquaintance... seemed quite insistent that the rock be brought immediately to Kini-Nui," she said. "Since I still have business to attend to here, and I suspect Stannis does as well, I suggest the rest of you set off, and we'll join you there. We may even beat you there." 

While her words were directed at the group, her attention was elsewhere. At her current kraata level, her ability to summon insects extended across the entire island, the sheer multitude of possible thralls threatening to overwhelm her newly-extended senses. She was gradually sifting through them, filtering out the small and insignificant, searching for one creature in particular, a powerful apex predator she knew had once lived somewhere in the swamps.

Ah... there you are... 

@EmperorWhenua @Kal the Guardian @Crimson Jester

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Kumu

"Kini-Nui is not safe right now," Stannis quickly quipped as he lowered himself to a seat. "Irnakk's Tooth has come alight and birthed forth new creatures. A Zivon in particular leers at the Great Temple's valley, conceivably just on the other side of the veil, and only the NUVA in their contraptions can wage a proper fight. To go there now you risk entering a deathtrap."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis, Caedast, Grime, Life creation Muaka

Viltia gracefully floated over, her many tethers moving her expertly, as if she had always had them. Several of them bulked up beneath her to form a sort of cylinder which she sat cross-legged on. Her half-sized Muaka... well, kind of half-sized. It was made from a larger than normal Muaka so it was kind of larger than just half-sized had it been created from a normal Muaka. Her Muaka came and sat beside her, large optics glinting in the fire light.

Despite once again hearing that made up word “child” and having yet someone else not realize she was a Toa, she looked excited to hear what Stannis had to say. She turned to Whisper, “Actually, I think I’ll stick around too, Stannis did say for all of us to talk. And I doubt you can beat my mask of Teleportation. Plus, those riteborn he just mentioned. Besides, I like this, it feels cozy. Like back when I was a Matoran and we used to have these great big bonfires on celebration days, with crisp air and hot drinks.” She looked around at the assembled group, “Though I have far more friends now than I did then.” She turned to look at Stannis expectantly.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

IC: Tihun (Submerged Archives)

Carefully, he continued his venture forwards, looking across the space in wide arcs as he activated his mask, not wanting to waste time going through the length of the space with the Hydruka. Evidently, there was nothing of real interest. That was till he found the elevator. Floating just outside the large downward shaft, it descending into a horrifyingly deep, dark, yawning abyss. It was a terrifying sight that would put the fear of the ocean, dark, and enclosed spaces into anyone...that is why Tihun wasn't going to take chances as he shifted around and loaded up one of the regular flares, deploying the thing below himself into the shaft as he followed along.

If there was anything down there, he was going to see it...he just hoped that anything would see him and go away.

OOC: @Eyru

IC: Kuini-Rama (Grand Temple Ruins, Nui-Rama Hive)

The queen was resting, as she rightfully deserved, after securing yet another generation of her children. Life was peaceful since she killed and conquered her competition, now standing as the queen of all Nui-Rama. It was peaceful...or at least it was supposed to be so. Her peaceful rule was being interfered with by the loss of her land, with her children telling her that the vast green was becoming less so. It was...baffling and infuriating to hear, especially since she could not even imagine why that was happening or how to fix it.

Bereft of answers or a solution to her problem, she simply told her children to expand further. Each day, the Nui-Rama hives grew taller, wider, taking far more land than they ever did to compensate for the loss of territory and the growing waters. It was putting a strain upon her, one that might actually force her to look behind the vast green, or if needs be, to strike out against that village, Le-Metru Nuva, and claim what little it had to offer.

This line of thinking was interrupted when a strange called reached out to her, one that she could not quite understand that grasped at the minds of her and all of her children. For the briefest of moments, she felt herself drawn to the foreign call. But she was Kuini-Rama, and none commanded her. Letting out a shriek, which to her children was a melodic song, they were sent once more back to their duties, to ignore the strange call as it passed over them.

About to settle down once more, she was interrupted as a pair of her children flew into her chambers and deposited...something, something she did not recognize at first, but then realized what it could be. It was the something that She had requested. Giving praise to her two children, she casted them out once again to deliver the thing to Her, wherever Her was. She just hoped now that the black beast would be satisfied and no longer call upon her.

• Like 1

IC: Onaku - Kini-Koro

"Oh... oh no. Not you too!" Onaku arrived at the scene to find Jutori and Katrin affected by the poison, a panicked grimace on his features. Hurrying to Jutori's side, he grabbed him and tried to help him up, all the while careful not to touch the substance. "Come on, no no, come on, stay with me here bud! Fight it!" 

@Tarn@The UltimoScorp

• Like 2

IC: Niidak (Near Metru-Koro)

The giant mech seemed displeased, but at least it hadn't tried to kill her yet. She chuckled and said "Sorry, sorry, old habits. It's hard to get used to your god being dead and all that. Remain calm, I have no interest in conflict with... something your size.

"But yes, what exactly are you? I saw you from a distance, though I couldn't tell what you were doing. For some reason, I got a headache just from looking at you, so clearly you're some kind of powerful being."

@Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, The Bridge) - In a World That’s Gone Insane

Ostrox would have taken the controls as insisted by Parnassus, but apparently the red one thought he was better qualified. "Of course his only reaction to the chemical bombing of his people is to insist made-up words are real. Why would it be anything else?" He said, deliberately mumbling as loud as possible to ensure Leklo heard him.

@Eyru@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr and Gnabol (Kini-Koro) - The Storm Has Arrived

Instinct and emotion overriding everything else, Gnabol rushed off to his house. The poison was seeping into him, his body felt it was on fire, but that didn’t matter. He had to make sure they were OK. They had to be OK.

Tearing his gaze away from the Zivon, Ulkarr began trying to help with the evacuation, shepherding people into the portal he came from. The poison did not seem to affect him, as he had no flesh to be infected.

@Sparticus147@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S, Achro and Navu (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku) - Everybody Wants to Get Evil Tonight

Cease fire? CEASE FIRE?! By Tren Krom, these impostors were a disappointment. If Achro had any real ambitions beyond killing Skakdi, he would probably do something about it. For now, he stepped away from the lightstone weapon with great reluctance.

Navu relaxed, and laid down on the cold hard metal floor. Hopefully, that was the end of it.

Fighting a giant monster only for it to suddenly become some other robot’s problem had not been in her calculations, but regardless, NU-8020S relinquished control of the turret. She made her way to the bridge...

@BULiK@Tarn@NorikSigma@Snelly

IC: Enra, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower) - Bad News and Worse News

The two Vahki turned to face the Akiri. They looked at each other sheepishly, as if they didn’t want to tell him anything. A few chirps in their own tongue, and they had decided to break the news as matter-of-fact as possible, split between them.

"This tower has recently intercepted public broadcasts from the Skakdi dominion known as 'the Rig'."

"If it’s reports are to be believed, there are at least two Tahtorak active on the island, and the island itself is sinking beneath the sea."

"I’m sorry, what." The microphone was still on, thus Enra’s reaction was transmitted, just not what she was reacting to.

@Harvali@BULiK@Sparticus147

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Miracle Cure

"You mean, give up your Toahood to try and cure them for good? I understand where you’re coming from Okuo, I really do, but if a Kaita’s power couldn’t, how will this?" Klawne felt her own words be hollow even as she said them. Really, she just didn’t want Okuo to repeat her mistake...

@Vezok's Friend@Onaku@Tarn@Snelly@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 2

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Shelter

Okuo shook his head. "Maybe if I was just using it alone... but if I can use it in tandem with the Kaita, channel my power through them so they may direct it with purpose and precision... perhaps it could work? I don't know. I think it's worth the risk..." The Ta-Toa sighed, looking down with a thoughtful yet troubled expression, it being clear that this wasn't the only thing on his mind. "... It's not like I asked to be a Toa to begin with."

@Toru Nui@Harvali@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Snelly

• Like 4