Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi felt his heartlight stop, the light stunned into blackness. Then it began to speed up again, growing more frantic. “What do we do what do we do what do we do…” He rambled to himself, only standing thanks to the support of his Kiril Staff.

He could feel his fingers trembling, her heartlight flashing violently enough to make him shake. He … he had to do something. He had to help he … he was the only Councilor in the village, he had to … he was a leader. E-even if Stannis was untrustworthy, he had put Kanohi in charge. He had to act.

Finally he said, “O-okay. Th-that is not good. First thing we should do, learn more about the Tahtarok. If something drives them away, if they can be coerced into leaving us alone, where they come from, their abilities and features. 

We also must figure out why the island is sinking. Our village also is not not the farthest from the shore, we might get hit by the r-rising ocean sooner than later. We might … we cannot e-evacuate through Kini-Koro’s portals, of course, s-sorry.

The cross-wired Fe-Matoran swallowed, “we need to study the sea level, see if we can contact Ko-Pou, they are closer to shore, ask them to research it, see if the Impact might have destabilized them ocean floor. And try to come up with a plan to evacuate them and Tobduk-Koro farther inland. There is a massive floating ball of water I have heard rumors of, maybe we could evacuate to there?

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

Komisti faintly was aware of Ulkarr leaving them with nary a word. The Vortixx ribbed their head, had he even been here? Or had he been a hallucination? They wiped their brow, the poison had mostly soaked into their chassis now, though their hand still knocked free enough fluid to splash the ground below.

They shook their head the … they could hear cries, shouts. They tapped their Kanoka Blade to their neck, and some of the poison froze into a layer. The cold snapped them awake, even as they scratched off the noxious ice.

The Vortixx looked around the huts near them, the Matoran, they were panicking, shoveling towards the portal. The rain seeming had stopped, but puddles of water and poison still remained, splashing and soaking into the legs of the crowd.

Komisti heaved around their Kanoka Blade and froze a puddle, turning the poison into a slick surface. Then they stomped, shattering it into chunks of ice. That should be safer, the Matoran would not soak in it, nor trip as easily on the ice.

They headed towards the crowd, still unsteady on their feet as they froze and shattered the puddles, trying to protect the Matoran from the toxins. Somethings they would freeze the muddle ground too, try to keep it solid. It was a small way to help, but maybe it could help make evacuating easier.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

Kardaka paused as Klawne and Okua spoke, and she felt a long held sign slip from her lips. To give up his Toa Power, and he didn’t even want to be a Toa? That was … it felt different. He would not be forcing his will on the Matoran, he was not deforming a being to conform. Not fixing what might not be broken. It was a gift, giving up a dangerous abusable power to save a life. Trading that power, sacrificing it as an offering. To let that life heal as it saw fit. It was different. Right?

Finally she said, “I am glad you were the one who found me, Okua. I recently gave up my Toa Power too, healing one of the injured survivors of the Ark’s crash. I will warn you, being a Turaga is a dramatic shift, your body is slower and smaller, your balance shifts as well. I … am still getting used to being a Turaga after two months. But if it can save lives, and lessen suffering, it is worth it. And I will help you adapt to your form.

The Turaga of Stone paused. Okua, she … she would ask. “Okua, I … did you know these Matoran before?Did they look this way before? These proportions, this style of masks? 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

6 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Niidak (Near Metru-Koro)

"It's hard to get used to your god being dead and all that. But yes, what exactly are you? I saw you from a distance, though I couldn't tell what you were doing."

IC: Sidra - Metru-Koro

An exasperated sigh escaped the mech.

There was so much to unpack in the Vortixx's words and Sidra simply didn't have the tolerance for it right now. How Niidak had managed to notice the giant robot but not the even more gigantic talking severed head was quite beyond Sidra's capacity to comprehend. 

"Right, sorry," Sidra's voice issued once again from Wairuha's mouth, as an illusion briefly formed around the machine, momentarily replacing the appearance of the mech with the green-gold visage of Sidra herself. "This is a big mech, I'm in here. Hi." 

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Shelter

Mulling over Kardaka's words and reassurances in regards to a future as a Turaka, Okuo paused for a moment with a thoughtful expression, before then nodding to her question concerning his familiarity with the matoran. "Yes, I was... well acquainted with Nixie and Vhisola before the affliction."

@Toru Nui@Harvali@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Snelly

• Like 2

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn manipulated the stone between the sharpened fingertip of his void-arm, as the eye in the center of the golden handprint burned into his arm peered at the various members of the firepit band. He mulled over Miserix's words in his head, noting the curious lack of Icarax in there.

Indeed. The green one overshares, it will be her undoing. The jellyfish is suspicious, I sense an odd energy about that one. But, what of Icarax? What do you make of this plan of his, and these gifts?

As if on cue, Viltia, the green one, turn her head to Korruhn, meeting the furrowed brow of his gaze of deep thought. Hey, um, Korruhn, was it? Yeah, just so you know, you have an Aspect like, inside you. I don’t know if that’s very healthy.

Surely Korruhn must have assumed that one imbibed with the rite of desecration could sense that upon another. And yet, he found himself briefly taken aback.

"Huh? Oh. Hah!" Korruhn chuckled slyly, a small grin forming on his golden face. "My acquaintances seem to have great trouble keeping up with my travels!" He paused, and looked to Stannis. "Were she not hitching a ride I fear I'd be two days ahead of her by now!" Korruhn turned his attention to Stannis, one of those very acquaintances.

"He gave all three of you keys of a sort." He looked directly at the stone in Korruhn's hand. And then, he peered seemingly right into Korruhn's soul. It was as though he was looking at Miserix herself. "Fascinating."

"Indeed," Korruhn replied flatly. "Something about he had a tool and he needed me to wield it. He called the Aspect the mind, and the green one the heart."

Stannis gestured to the lightly crackling campfire they were somewhat gathered around and moved to sit on a rock. "Come, then. Let's talk further of where you all should go and what you should do. Fate can go a myriad of different ways from here for each of you, and without the knowledge you need you will stumble in riddles for two months and three weeks, and if I can give help, it will be yours."

Korruhn set Grime down near a fallen stone column, and sat next to him, on the column's old plinth. He tucked the stone away, and leaned his Spear of Power Scream against his shoulder. Tugging at the rough leather straps, Korruhn made adjustments to the remains of the Rahkshi carapace and spine lashed to his left arm, and the helmet mounted to his shoulder. 

"Firstly, I'd like to know how my cold-brother Leklo is. Have you seen him?"

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @EmperorWhenua @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone nodded, and starting to ask, “What were…” before trailing off when she caught sight of the Matoran. Confused, stressed. She … should she really risk adding to their stress? A few careless words, and they might spiral. She could cause so much pain if she was not cautious. Maybe she should ask him in private, later.

But they had a right to know. And it might reassure them.

But it could make things so much worse. And it would ultimately just be to assure Kardaka. And she … she should not put her shallow wants above the needs of others. That kind of cruelty was what caused this island to decay.

And besides, if he knew two of these Matoran, and did not seem to react that much to their new appearances, only the Kaita’s words, then maybe … maybe they were in their original bodies. And the Kaita had not reformed them to match their opinion of what people should look like. 

So quietly she said to Okuo, “I am glad you were there for them.” She could ask later, in private. Instead there was something else needing saying, “Okuo, Klawne, and … Kaita. I … do not know how much you remember of this island, but up north I saw canyons that had been cleaved in the land by a giant tail, and saw the effects of powerful elemental water. I believe a Tahtarok has been unleashed. If you do not recall them, they are powerful beyond any being, compelled to obey the masters who created them. It … I do not know for certain if the Tahtarok is why the edges of the island are vanishing, but there is one thing I know of that can handle the power of a Tahtarok. A Kaita.

Kardaka shook her head, “I … too much power is dangerous. A mere Toa can be corrupted by their power, and a Kaita is overwhelmingly powerful. But if you formed to … if you formed to treat the ill … I don’t know. I don’t know. But if you can heal instead of break, maybe you can save the beasts and people endangered by the Tahtarok. And maybe … if Okuo becomes a Turaga for these Matoran, I … I think we could serve life and reduce suffering too.

She fidgeted with uneasy, drumming her Badge of Office. She … she should not seek power. But she would not have the power, and right now, she was helpless to help. She had been unable to do anything for the ill Matoran. She swallowed and continued “Fire, Stone, and Earth, maybe with that volcanic power … we could begin rebuilding the island in a small way. Make fertile land for plants to take root. It … there would be worse uses for a Kaita, far worse.

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC Stannis | Kumu

"Leklo is well," Stannis said to Korruhn. "He thought you were dead since your disappearance in the wake of fighting Lord Axonn. Atamai assumed likewise that absence of proof meant proof of absence, but your friend was true and held out hope that death was too simplistic an explanation. He is in Kini-Nui, bestowed the powers of a NUVA Proxima, and is in custody of the Alp. I would have brought him with me if it were possible."

• Like 2

"The Alp?! The old bird still flies, eh?" Korruhn chuckled. Metru Nui didn't exist anymore, and yet that stupid, gaudy ship was somehow still afloat. "You still can't beat Metru Nui craftsmanship. Nor the resolve of the alpinists of Ko-Metru!"

"And what of yourself? What new things have you gleaned since my untimely absence, Wanderer?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

“Okay, can we slow it down please?” Vhisola spoke up, sounding very tired. This whole experience had been exhausting and all this talk wasn’t helping. Nixie quietly concurred. The astronomer was barely wrapping her head around the fact they were no longer Rahi lizards or whatever this transformation had been. At least for now. She faintly recalled an archive entry...Proto-something. Was that right? Maybe. She didn’t know. And now this giant amalgamation Toa was saying they might not be cured…it was a lot to deal with. In fact, Nixie, within just mere moments of regaining her full identity had already reached her maximum capacity for dealing with things.

All this talk of Kaita and Turaga and Tahtorahk and world shaking events taking place washed over her like a wave. All she heard was noise - with the exception of Okuo offering to give up his Toa power on their behalf. That caught her attention. 

“Hang on - “ she started, but had to pause to cough loudly as the words caught in her throat. She tried again. “Hang on, Okuo. Let’s not...rush.”

Vhisola felt a headache coming on. The restored Ga-Matoran rubbed her temples, trying to follow the conversation. “What...what even happened to us? It’s all so...blurry.” she mumbled quietly, then asked: “Something about tainted water, right?”

Nixie was the astronomer. But Vhisola - she knew a thing or two about water and protodermis. She just needed more information to put the puzzle of her fragmented thoughts and memories together again.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Harvali

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Whakamahu - Ko-Pou Shelter

"Energized Protodermis. One of the only transformations the Mask of Mutation cannot undo on its own."

Whakamahu looked into the minds of the matoran, not to pry, but to see if she could soothe their yet addled minds and facilitate smoother cognition by helping them untangle and reorient their thoughts.

• Like 4

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Ascending

Sorilax shook his Rahkshi head in thought as he scoured yet another room that held little to no information for him that helped him along his way. What was he doing? Why was he dawdling so? He needed to get moving not just for his sake, but the sake of all life. He needed to keep going for Sala, for Sidra, for the residents of Le-Metru Nuva. For all of life that suffered under the current conditions of this universe.

As he reinvigorated himself and cleared his mind, Sorilax once more felt that block of knowledge in his Taboo ocean mindscape that remained hidden to him. Not only did he need to figure out how to connect himself more to life, but he needed to decipher what that hidden knowledge was and why it had been slowly accumulating with the more Taboos he learned.

Yes, he realized now, taking so long in this tower had been a mistake. A trap of his own making. He needed to be moving, to be discovering selectively, not broadly.

Sorilax left the room he was in and headed for the stairs, this time not caring as his invisible steps Silently splashed up water and startled several amphibians. He started up the stairs, keeping watch for something blatantly related to his goal, but not letting himself get distracted. He would keep going until he reached the top, and then if he saw a location that looked important, he would go there.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis, Caedast, Grime, Life creation Muaka

The night was eerily quiet, even with the conversation and gentle crackling and popping of the fire as it finished up the gathered logs. Without the noise of several dozen Rahi and giant insects screaming in pain, dominance, or declaration of territory, the air felt empty and like anything dark and unknown could be lurking out there, waiting to strike, unseen and unheard. Viltia grew somewhat concerned upon realizing this.

Her Life Kraata gave her consolation, though, and she tried her best to put her worried thoughts from her mind. She was going to enjoy this small respite. Sidra and her had learned that lesson well from all the forging they had done.

She put her axe on her back and key in her satchel, momentarily checking to make sure her book and the Great Disc of Levitation were still inside. They were, thankfully. She secured the strap of her satchel and checked her pouches for her masks. They were all still there too. Good.

Viltia held out her hands and focused on her element. A white log with black markings formed in front of her. It looked as if it were the middle section of a tree, cut off on top and on the bottom. She mentally cut the log, making a swiping motion with her hand to help her visual the effect she wanted to manifest. The log split into two, revealing a light tan inner wood. Then those two halves were split as well.

This last part kind of hurt her a little, but she knew it was for the best. She drained the life from the wood, watching as it dried up and feeling as it hardened. Then her tethers neatly stacked the four pieces of wood onto the already existing and almost used up logs. With her Kraata of Fire Resistance, the flames had no effect on her as her tethers stirred up the embers to stoke the fire. It stuttered for a moment, then caught on the new wood.

As the birch started to burn, a sweet scent filled the air from it. It soothed Viltia’s mind even more. Now she could really feel her concerns slipping away. The relative quiet of the night was now a peaceful friend, not something to be afraid of.

OOC: @Crimson Jester @Gecko Greavesy @EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

The last thing Niidak had expected to see was a familiar face. She blinked in confusion. "Oh, it's you. Sidra, wasn't it? Where in Mata... I mean where on Zakaz did you get a giant mech from?" She suddenly remembered something and reached out to her back, pulling out the seismic pickaxe. "I still have this by the way. I don't need it anymore, but uh, I somehow feel like that mech can do its job quite well."

"Sorry if I ask too many questions by the way. I've never seen technology quite like this, it's fascinating. And I did not get to see what you used it for as I was... observing something else." She glanced towards the Junk Fields in the distance.

@Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Oh? Yeah, you can hang onto it if you want. You probably need it more than I do," she replied, Niidak's mention of a weapon leading Sidra to abruptly realise that Wairuha was still dragging a giant flail behind it. She dismissed the weapon back to the Suva and disembarked from the mech, clambering down its arm to join Niidak on the sand. One of her nektann remained in the cockpit, providing a reference point for Sidra to teleport back to if the ACR decided to go walkabout. 

"I got Wairuha from one of the bunkers in Kini-Nui," she explained, once she was at ground level. "And I was using it to destroy the Untethered in the moat." Given Niidak's mention of Mata Nui, she decided it was best not to mention the other aspect of her encounter. She wasn't feeling particularly eager to talk about it anyway.

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nektann | West of Kini-Nui

Nektann's leap found nothing but empty air. The kaita had ducked out of the way, its smaller size making it more agile. The tahtorak snarled and lashed out, twisting in the air to strike at his opponent, but his claws only grazed the ACR, throwing sparks as it dodged. In return, Patiwairutiki's club smashed into his hind leg. The blow wasn't hard enough to break skin, but it hurt. More than that, the impact was enough to activate the weapon's powers, and it stunned the beast, turning his landing into a crash that caused the earth to tremble. Malhukuraia's strike was off the mark due to the tahtorak's midair twist, but it bit into his shoulder, causing the beast to yowl in pain. His muscles seized, and his eyes rolled in his head. Navu's light keeping half his face in profile, he did not react to the continued to brunt of the Taku's weaponry. Achro's lightstones pocked his bleeding flesh, but they might as well have been the bites of a gnat for all the reaction they provoked.

Overhead, the lightening sky began to darken again, and rain began to fall harder. The wind, which had been reduced to a breeze, began to pick up. The storm was returning with a vengeance. Lightning forked across the sky, and the ensuing boom seemed to shake the mountains. His mouth agape, panting for breath, the sound seemed to emerge from the tahtorak's throat. A strangled moan pulled itself from his lungs as he watched Malkuhuraia stand over it, weapon swinging back up to come down for another blow. He felt a sudden compulsion overcome him: a desperate need to be anywhere but here. Even as the rain fell and turned the earth to mud and the hollows into ponds, his mind turned to the green forests of the south. The smell of rich soil. The beauty of dancing leaves and strong branches. He wished he was there. 

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @BULiK @Toru Nui @Sparticus147 @The UltimoScorp @Tarn  @Void Emissary and anyone else in Kini-Nui: the storm is increasing in intensity.

IC: Tuyet | East of Metru-Nui

The sky to the east was growing darker. Were her eyes playing tricks on her? Just a moment ago, Tuyet could've sworn the storm was breaking up.

"Three months is an oddly specific timeframe, miss," her lesterin companion was saying. "You know something about my future I don't? This ain't one of those time travelin' 'ero stories they tell in the vids, is it? Ya know, the ones where they do timey wimey mumbo jumbo and nunuvit makes sense 'til afterwards?"

"No, it's not," the toa said with a wry smile. "I mean, yeah, it is a time-travelling story. But don't go, like, thinking it's ever going to make sense. Even afterward. It won't."

The airship swooped through the sky, approaching the center of the storm.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 7

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

Komisti continued to help solidify the ground and dispose of the poison puddles. They tripped against the shards of frozen poison and the frozen ground, their feet were unsteady. They were still worn out from the poison slamming into them, corrupting their strength and stamina.

Speaking of which, they looked over to the distant reaches of the valley. The scorpion appeared to have vanished? That was troubling, where had it gone? They shook their head, the Toa could handle it, they had a much better chance fighting it than a Vortixx. They should focus on helping the Matoran.

Then the rain began to fall with renewed vigor. Poison washed off Komisti, but they did not have the luxury to relish some of their exhaustion easing. As they stood up straighter they could see the landscape beginning to deform again. The ground began to turn to a brown soup, the trees began to quake and the buildings began to fall. The evacuees.

The Vortixx ran about in a staggered sprint, thrusting and swiping their Kanoka Blade about, a chan mist whirling behind it. They slammed and slapped it into huts and the ground alike, freezing the ground back together, trying to keep the buildings from sinking. It was too optimistic to think the village could be kept intact. But they … they still had to save what they could. And it would … would buy the Matoran more time to evacuate.

They couldn’t use their Kiril for this, they were unpracticed with their mask, or any mask. It would take too much strain and effort to use it, that could come later if the village had the chance to rebuild. But for now, their Kanoka Blade was far faster. 

They were breathing heavily, growing more and more tired. They … they hoped they could still help Kanohi build Kanoka Blades for the refugees. B-but right now … now they had … had to … they had to try to buy time for the evacuation. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone blushed, and meekly muttered, “I am sorry.” She had been thoughtless, selfish. She had given in to her crueler instincts, and been apathetic to the pain she caused the ill. She was monstrous. She … she needed to be more mindful, to serve. It was her duty to serve, after all the harm she and her people caused. She had to serve her penance. Until Tren Krom brought this cycle to an end.

Still, whether or not the island was doomed or if it could yet be saved, she would lessen suffering. She could not save the world, even as a Kaita, she should know better. But she could do what she always aspired to, and make the island a little less cruel. Make the end a little less horrid.

Kardaka leaned on her Badge of Office, trying not to say more. Or at least, to wait for now, until others had gotten a chance to speak. If no one else brought it up, she could share the few stories she knew of Energized Protodermis. But it was more important she not overwhelm them.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

"The Alp?! The old bird still flies, eh?" Korruhn chuckled. Metru Nui didn't exist anymore, and yet that stupid, gaudy ship was somehow still afloat. "You still can't beat Metru Nui craftsmanship. Nor the resolve of the alpinists of Ko-Metru!"

"And what of yourself? What new things have you gleaned since my untimely absence, Wanderer?"

IC Stannis | Kumu

"Well, I have wandered, as is befitting my station," he said simply. In a gesture he jerked his thumb at his back and then pointed ahead. "I came from then and I went to there. But, if you insist as I'm sure you will... after your exit I spent some time in Fort Nektann dealing with the politics of the Skakdi there and coming to understand their strengths, and then headed south when the time was right, to Kini-Koro, the Far Shore via a portal in the temple there, and many spaces in between. It is not in my nature to ever stop, you know.

"I was always headed here, however—always headed home."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
typo
  • Like 2

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis (dead), Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

Viltia idly looked out into the mists, the dark of night combined with the water vapor obscuring most, if not all, of the landscape surrounding them. She could sense small Rahi moving about. Mice and various bugs that scurried here and there. Every so often a silent and moderately sized predator carefully graced the edges of her senses, quickly slipping away, deterred by the light of the fire.

Stannis’ sharing his story made her think of the many quiet evenings she had spent around a mostly concealed fire up in Le-Metru Nuva, enjoying dinner with her new friends and old friends, all of which had at this point become equally as near and dear to her.

Thinking of Le-Metru Nuva stirred feelings of patronage toward the assembled group in the here and now as they all enjoyed the light and warmth of the fire as the orange tongues of flame licked at the sweet scented Birch logs. With a slight movement that quickly increased tenfold, the logs shifted and fell in upon each other, thudding into the ash beneath them and sending up a few sparks that danced in the air for a few precious moments. Viltia got an idea as she watched the fire before her.

Exchanging her mask of Growth for her mask of Time Duplication, Viltia focused on the power of the mask in her mind. Her Muaka sat to her right, looking a little sleepy after such a long day. To her left, she spent roughly fifteen seconds summoning and dismissing past Viltias until she found one that looked like she was in the middle of eating. This way Viltia knew for sure past Viltia had quick access to healing in the village in case anything happened in the present.

The past Viltia, who was in the sitting position with no chair under her any longer, started to fall for a moment before her tethers caught her. She started to say, “Wha-” but was cut off by Viltia, who put a finger to her mouth. Viltia leaned in close and whispered in past Viltia’s audio receptor. Past Viltia looked around at the group and nodded in understanding.

Viltia turned to listen back in on the conversation and focused on keeping her mask activated as past Viltia got to work.

And work past Viltia did. She grew five small brown tables made of solid oak bark so as to give them fire resistance should an accident occur. Then she cupped her hands together and pictured a bowl from the shape, producing six large mahogany bowls on one of the tables. She then made a circle with her pointer finger and thumb and imagined it running as a cylinder all the way down from her hand to the table, capped on one end. Five cups formed next to the bowls, each one weaving together as it formed from wood strands and smoothed out to be soothing to touch.

With a practiced twist of her arm in an upwards motion, past Viltia had a vine spring forth from the basalt ground. The vine was actually a collection of all different types of plants spiraling around each other. The many vine grew to elbow height and then veered towards past Viltia and over the small, personal tables she had made. Viltia closed her hand into a fist, closed her optics in concentration, then slowly opened her hand. As she did, seven different types of fruit grew from the many plants twisted together. There was pineapple, watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, apple, orange, and strawberry. Every time she plucked one, another would rapidly grow in its place.

With what were very clearly well practiced motions, past Viltia mentally sliced and chopped up the fruit, filling up the bowls set before her with a colorful assortment of perfectly ripe food that glistened in the fire light. Her hands moved with a precision born of her forging mastery, her fingers danced as she exerted the Green to cut up the fruit into small, easily chewable chunks for those who preferred not to absorb food through their hands.

Food all ready  in each bowl and set on each individual table, past Viltia drew a circle in the air. A coconut fell from the sky, as if it had just fallen from a tree to strike some poor unfortunate being below it. One of past Viltia’s tethers snatched it from the air and presented it to her hands. She traced a circle on the coconut and pulled away a bit of the shell. Then she poured the liquid inside into the assembled cups. Surprisingly, despite pouring much more liquid than a coconut could hold, the coconut water kept on flowing smoothly and evenly until all the cups were filled.

The cups prepared, past Viltia moved them to their individual tables. The meal now finished, she then picked up each small table one by one and set it next to each being around the fire, excepting the Muaka. Grime’s table was especially short to accommodate his height.

Whisper was given one as well, since surely her Kraata had to eat, even if she couldn’t.

Viltia’s Muaka just got a large bowl set in front of it without any table. It perked up from its sleepy state, glad to eat anything after the day it had had.

Finally Viltia got her own table. She quietly thanked her past self and gave herself a thumbs up. Past her smiled and returned the thumbs up. Then Viltia dismissed past Viltia and turned to her own bowl of food. Now she felt much more at home. Hopefully the others did as well.

She reached out a hand and absorbed a strawberry. Wow. It tasted really good after all the stuff that she had just gone through.

OOC: @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 3

Niidak was glad Sidra let her keep the pickaxe. Perhaps she could sell it for a good price, or keep it in case she needed it. ”I still owe you my service, if you ever happen to need it.”

"Anyways, not going to ask how you got that from Kini-Nui, that place is strange anyhow. But I am glad to hear you got rid of some Untethered. There's more of them in the Junk-- I mean Relic Fields, one of them tried to get me last night. Though I wouldn't recommend you to go there, that place is rather... busy now."

@Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

The void-touched Toa smirked at the mention of it, and his cursed arm twitched excitedly. It had been a while since his last trip to the Shore. He almost... craved it. And he still hand't finished his conversation with Nuju.

"Ah of course, the sand of the beyond yet clings to your visage!" Korruhn replied. He looked down at the golden handprint on his forearm, it's eye transfixed on Stannis. "I'm due for a trip there myself. But for now, please tell me of your journey."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Kumu

"In time, Korruhn; indeed, we have several notes to about our experiences I would love to exchange. But you have been traversing and learning a lot as well."

He turned his attention then to each of the others and nodded at their keystones as he lumbered off from his rock and surveyed the fruity feast Viltia had feverishly fashioned for them. "What do you know about these talismans the Chronicler gave you?

• Like 3

IC: Grime | Kumu Peninsula

Grime nodded quietly in gratitude as Viltia's prior self provided his meal. He waited until Viltia herself tried a strawberry before setting in with gusto, enjoying the flavors and sensations of the energy seeping through his palms. While he'd learned to accommodate to the ruling warskaks and their culture of chewing food, it never really worked for him. It felt good to return to his roots of sapping the life from foods through the tiny receptors in his palms. By the time he'd reduced the coconut water to a film of ash in his cup the conversation had swayed from one topic to the next. He piped up;

"Well, they look like like a codex. I remember placing mine into a suva."

Grime lifted his left arm, revealing a symbol branded on his rib plates. It looked otherwise another part of the constellations of ink and carvings adoring his armor, just one small piece in the puzzle. Then he returned to his little feast, another nod of gratitude extended to Viltia across the firelight.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua, @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

7 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

"There's more of them in the Junk-- I mean Relic Fields, one of them tried to get me last night. Though I wouldn't recommend you to go there, that place is rather... busy now."

"Well, that sounds like the League's problem now," she muttered, glancing at the airships in the distance. It was crushing to learn that there were still Untethered roaming around elsewhere on the island, but today's events had at least proven beyond any doubt they could be destroyed by psionics. If Mata Nui ever sent them towards Le-Metru Nuva again, she could send them back in pieces.

"So where will you go now?" Sidra asked.

@Daniel the Finlander

3 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"Well, they look like like a codex. I remember placing mine into a suva."

3 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kumu

"I agree. May I see one of them?" he asked of Whisper or Viltia and held his hand out expectantly.

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

"It looks like a what?" Whisper whirled towards the Matoran.

In a gathering of Aspects and taboo-touched Toa, the little creature had seemed out-of-place and irrelevant to Whisper... but clearly he was more useful than she'd realised. She held out the key she'd been offered for Stannis to see.

@EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

Vhisola nodded along with the Kaita’s words as the pieces fell into place. “Yeah, that seems to track. If it’s energized the mask can’t undo the effect, it won’t work on -”

“Fate.” Nixie cut in, finishing her friend’s sentence, sounding like she had come to a realization. The astronomer staggered to her feet, unsteady in her stance as she tried to balance her bipedal self. It had been easier while she’d had a tail. “It can’t work because it was fate.”

Vhisola nodded in agreement with that as well. She remembered experiments she’d witnessed long ago. “It either changes you, or destroys you - or makes you into one of those undead monsters we saw...but I hope that’s not true.”

She sounded like she was thinking out loud now.

“No...I don’t think there’s any coming back from that. We did...well for now. But...I think that means wherever the protodermis seeped in from, there’s a pure source.”

Nixie meanwhile was still trying to balance herself, but she sounded determined when she said: “Then I’m going back there.”

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Harvali

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

“A codex,” Grime repeated. The fire crackled in the void caused by Grime's statement. When Whisper didn’t immediately grok his explanation Grime continued;

“What you handed over is probably inscribed with your constellation or identity. A Codex of Absolution, for instance, would describe the constellation of one of your kind and reveal the truth of your purpose. It’s like a map to the spiritual self, the true self that exists beyond the veil. Once presented, you can be read and seen by our temples. It’s like,” he paused, considering his words carefully, “a form of registration, or a key of sorts. All of us Builders are known to our temples. They are a part of us, and we are a part of our creations. But the aspects of ourselves that we cut away, the unnecessary and evil parts of us, well, those are difficult to identify. Actually, I am not sure we’ve met. What did you say your names were? I know Korruhn, and I know you,” Grime nodded politely in Caedast’s direction, choosing to omit the name of the entity inside out of respect, “but you two and your children are new to me. If you would, I would be honored to learn your names in this place of shadows."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, @Kal the Guardian, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

IC: Kas | Mi-Kiri, Bellicus Tower

A majestic penthouse in disarray filled the entirety of the top floor of Bellicus Tower. Kas opened the door by first trying the keypad then just giving up and shoving it open after the first failed attempt. Floor to ceiling windows with unprecedented views formed the exterior walls of the entire penthouse, and a large balcony ringed it. Ollem couldn’t help but compare it in a similar way to the Coliseum of his old world. A long velvet couch, now covered in ivy, provided some comfort. Shattered glass from broken exterior windows glittered on the floor. Long tables were covered in abandoned casings of ammunition, others were weighed down with data pads, physical maps of engineering and maintenance tunnels, and more than a few others had quickly drawn schematics that looked like battle plans of some kind.

In the center of the open floorplan was a pile of monitor screens, all tossed on top of each other in a jumble. They were black screened and powerless. Thick bundles of cables ran from them towards a rickety generator. Kas wrinkled his brow and shook his head.

“It’s terrible in here,” Kas joked from a place of embarrassment. Mahrika realized the toa felt ashamed, as if it was his fault. “I thought the cleaners would have done their jobs while I was away. They’re solar powered, after all. Anyway, welcome my friends to my home. Make yourselves comfortable, but not too comfortable. Once we can get the computers back online and the information we need out of them we’ll be on our way into the biosphere’s core: that’s where we’ll find the Admin’s main servers. I just need something Laryna left me before we head out.”

Kas began digging through the papers and data pads on the tables, his mind full of memories and his trademarked smile slowly turning into a tight grimace.

OOC: @Harvali, I had to double check a couple things so thanks for your patience.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
added Kas
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

"I am Whisper, Aspect of Change," she replied distractedly, suddenly finding herself far more interested in the key.

Had she accidentally found exactly what she'd been looking for?

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

"I... haven't given them names," she replied. "We don't... normally do that. At least as far as I know."

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

"I just... never thought of it." If Whisper had shoulders to shrug with, she would have done so. "I don't name every regular kraata I stick on someone else. I saw no reason to treat these ones differently just because they happen to be a bit more wriggly than usual." 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis (dead, but also void touched), Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

As Stannis spoke of Fort Nektann and his time there, fond memories of Nektann and his scallywag friends filled her mind. Nektann had gotten up to a lot of trouble in his day. Of course, his friends truly were despicable and she would no doubt try to kill them if she saw them because of her insider information on what they had done, but like in a maybe they could be redeemed like Nektann was inside the Tahtorak kind of way. It was interesting to hear that Stannis had placated them and spent time among them. Although he was an Aspect, she supposed. And they all seemed so different from one another. So who knew what he was able to do to fit in with them.

The mention of the Far Shore portal also piqued her interest. After Sidra went to check it out and also after hearing of Sorilax’s adventure there, she wanted to check it out too and see what was going on there. It filled her with curiosity, though it certainly didn’t supersede her other priorities.

As Korruhn replied, Viltia conjured more wood for the fire, stoking it as she would the forge back home. Thankfully the firepit wasn’t designed to hold in heat, otherwise the temperature would have risen to uncomfortable levels.

Stannis asked something about talismans and then the Matoran answered with something about codexes. Codexes were like books, right? Kind of like Sorilax’s scrolls, but different. She couldn’t exactly remember what. Thoughts of the library back in her old universe filled her mind until the Matoran nodded in gratitude towards her. Viltia beamed in response and gave him a thumbs up. She was so glad at least one other being was enjoying her idea. It really did feel like home now.

Viltia absorbed a piece of pineapple and watched her Muaka scarf down the fruit in its bowl as if another predator was waiting to steal it from him. His eating noises were kind of distracting now that she thought about them. He was so loud!

She tuned back into the conversation as the Matoran spoke again with the same type of tone as Beruv used when teaching Sidra and her about forging.

What you handed over is probably inscribed with your constellation or identity. A Codex of Absolution, for instance, would describe the constellation of one of your kind and reveal the truth of your purpose. It’s like a map to the spiritual self, the true self that exists beyond the veil. Once presented, you can be read and seen by our temples. It’s like,” he paused, “a form of registration, or a key of sorts. All of us Builders are known to our temples. They are a part of us, and we are a part of our creations. But the aspects of ourselves that we cut away, the unnecessary and evil parts of us, well, those are difficult to identify. Actually, I am not sure we’ve met. What did you say your names were? I know Korruhn, and I know you,” The Matoran nodded in Stannis’ direction, “but you two and your children are new to me. If you would, I would be honored to learn your names in this place of shadows."

All that stuff sounded way out there and since she didn’t understand it immediately and wasn’t that interested in the first place, it went over her head and she didn’t even try to make heads or tails of it.

Whisper responded first, which let Viltia get back to eating. She turned off her Fire Resistance for a moment to truly feel the warmth of the fire. It felt so good. The contrast between the cold of the mists behind her and the heat of the flames in front somehow enhanced the taste of the food.

After a bit, Viltia noticed no one was talking. She looked up from her food and noticed the Matoran was awaiting her, face expectant of her answer. She adjusted her sitting position to be at attention and smiled, “I’m Viltia.” She leaned over and patted her Muaka on the head, “And this is Muaka. I don’t know him well enough yet to give him his true name. What about you? What’s your name? Do you need anything else to eat? Or anything else at all?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Shelter

Okuo furrowed his brow, looking unconvinced. "I don't think that's a good idea right now. The cure may not be complete but it seems like it's brought you back to your original states for the moment. Depending on how long that'll last, I feel like it's safer if you take some time to recover before heading off on any kind of errand, which I would prefer to accompany you for anyway in case you encounter something dangerous out there. Right now I have business in Kini-Koro with Knichou, he requested the presence of me and Triage a while ago and we're very late for it. When we get back, we can go look for the pure stuff... alright?" He asked, his tone reasoning and his expression pleading.

• Like 4

IC: Whakamahu, Kaita of Remedy (Triage) - Ko-Pou Shelter

The Kaita had allowed the others to speak for a moment, but was becoming increasingly concerned with the Matoran wanting to return to the source of their affliction. Especially after having just been healed by their combined power.

"Okuo is correct. We also do not recommend such an action," the voice of three spoke up. "Your recovery is only beginning. It is too soon."

Whakamahu lowered their head slightly. "But we also cannot control you," they conceded.

@Onaku@Snelly@Harvali@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

"If I hadn't said anything, you lot would have gone on forever," Nale replied, shrugging. "When we're done here we'll discuss this more. Like you said: we have a village to save."

It wasn't the first time those words had been relevant to the pair. Through the windshield, Nale could see the storm was beginning to pick up again with a new ferocity. "And we're far from done here. Wasn't the sky just clearing up?"

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

The storm began to pick up again. An impatient Rose drummed her fingers against the handles of turret, watching the action she wasn't currently taking part in.

"Bossman, can we cease to cease fire already?"

@BULiK

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital Exterior

Jutori couldn't crane his head to see Onaku, both in his current position and because he could feel himself fighting against his own muscles, finding his movements to be sluggish as he attempted to lift himself up to see the powerless Toa.

"B...bud?"

@Onaku

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran gestured to Ollem, who came closer. “Can you keep him company?” She asked in a low tone, “My eyes … my telescopic lens will let me see farther and clearer. If more of those Vahki come close, I will see them.

Ollem nodded shakily, but still kept close to Mahrika even as he eyed the Toa. He … he was growing weary of her, though he still trusted her more than Kas. He did not know if she knew he had noticed it, but her body kept changing. Only slightly, but her arms might lengthen or thicken, her feet might shift to have longer toes or harder soles, she was … it was not a power Matoran were meant to have.

He had no idea how long it had been happening to her. He only started paying closer attention because of her ‘brother’ and her habit of talking to herself. And their bond, the range they could feel each other, she had a connection to them. And it was troubling.

In the meantime, Mahrika headed towards the balcony. She gazed outside, her telescopic lens and her adapted eyes probing the landscape, looking for movement among the overgrown ruins of the city.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone spoke back up, “I recall Energized Protodermis having a dual nature. Like the sides of a Widget. It can empower or destroy. Corrupt or heal.” She hesitated though, both to try not to overwhelm the Matoran, and to think things over.

Finally she resumed, “I … don’t recall it being a matter of purity, but I have forgotten much these millennia.” 

Kardaka added, “I … am not familiar with the Temple Village, I think I will join you, Okuo. There may be some who know where to find pure Energized Protodermis. If it is not in the abandoned village, others may have heard rumors.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend plus it gets her to Kini-Koro which gets her to the Far Shore. 

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Kumu

"And now, you introduce your name and titles to everyone," Stannis said with a nod to Grime. "It is only right." He sat at a table and idly laid one hand on a lump of cantaloupe and the other idly played with the Codex Whisper offered. 

The Codex of Absolution—if it was indeed what he assumed it to be—offered more than just a pathway to ascension for Whisper, but also knowledge to Caedast. The elder aspect felt driven to help Whisper in furthering her goal, a side effect of their mutual desecration, and just as she was compelled to help Caedast attain the Kanohi Avohkii so too was Caedast compelled to ensure Whisper achieved her next milestone. This talisman, this keystone and Codex, was the tool needed. And she knew exactly where it would be used at.

More specifically, Stannis knew. The Builder blood in his old veins knew what it was now that he held it in his sinewy fingers and rolled it on his palm. It was familiar, the way of an old childhood toy  that was forgotten and then found again in adulthood, and evoked the fragmented memories of ancient history. This was the Codex, he was sure of it, and he handed it back to Whisper as it was rightfully hers. Caedast could not control her weaving of Fate; wishes were bound by a different set of rules. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Water

The suva rotated easily enough, but Drokk saw nothing she hadn't already seen. The glowing algae that decorated half the suva did not glow nearly bright enough to illuminate anything more than a few inches away from its surface, let alone the walls of the cavern. As she had retreated from the carvings with her handful of glowing algae, so the light retreated with her.

OOC: @The UltimoScorp

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Archives

Tihun descended into the dark, his single flare acting as his herald as it preceded him by a few meters. The empty elevator shaft was otherwise utterly devoid of light, and it felt like the four walls were closing in around him as he slowly fell down through the murky water. There were no markings or measurements to indicate how far he had travelled or how much farther he had to go. Then his flare briefly illuminated an entrance to another floor, and continued falling past it into the void. Tihun had a quick decision to make: would he try to exit here —wherever here was— or continue his descent?

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: Oreius | Kini-Nui

The toa of fire clenched the controls in his hands, fury burning behind his eyes. Flying in this storm was lunacy, but what choice did he have? If he refused, then Stannis would simply take control of his body like a puppeteer manipulating a marionette. At any rate, his people were in danger, so he might as well see what plan the Wanderer had come up with. If they could drive this tahtorak away from the fledgling village, then he would count it as a win.

Throwing a switch, Oreius listened for the telltale ping of disks striking the hull of the ship, but the noise of the titanic battle and the intensifying storm drowned it out. The airship rose into the air and then quickly began to drift to one side as the ground fell away from them. He retracted the landing gear and checked his instruments: the wind was picking up, so keeping a straight course would be difficult. A more experienced captain might have better luck, but he had never been an ace pilot. He knew how to keep a bird in the sky, but that was about it. On top of that, the Alp was a pleasure craft that wasn't exactly designed for high-stakes flying. 

Turning a dial and throwing another switch, Oreius started piloting them towards the center of the storm. "You better have a plan," he shouted over his shoulder to whomever was listening. "Or we're not gonna last long up here."

OOC: @Void Emissary @Toru Nui

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

Birds screeched and rahi called as Taja pushed her way through the undergrowth. The swamp had grown almost familiar by now. It was still dangerous, but she felt like she knew how to handle herself. The shadows warned her far in advance of anything approaching, and she was learning how to veil her own movements in darkness to make herself less visible and audible as she travelled. And as she got better at hiding her movement, so the jungle opened up to her like a flower. She saw rahi who had previously hidden themselves from sight at her approach. She saw vibrant birds perched on branches, and she saw shimmering fish winding their way through the water. It was a deadly place, but it was beautiful.

She skirted the zone of dangerous light she recalled from her previous visit with Whisper. Where was the aspect now? Taja had left her in Kini-Koro, but there was no knowing if she was still there, or if she had moved on to other places and higher designs. She could've reached out at any time, of course, but it still felt strange to do. The toa liked the privacy of her own mind, even though that privacy was now just a façade. She preferred to keep it up as long as she could, and to trust that Whisper would do the same unless it was absolutely necessary.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 3

IC: Tihun (Submerged Archives)

Continuing down the elevator shaft, after the initial trepidation of descending into the unknown, boredom took the Vortixx as his thoughts went back to wondering why in the Rock he was doing this, why he had to degrade himself to such menial labor in order to just regain his former standard-of-living. He didn't care if the city was sinking and that resources were low, it was like that on Xia and he found his place in high society.

Continuing to be bored as he slowly descended for several minutes, he perked up as a doorway revealed itself. Though he had a choice to continue heading down or going through this entrance, it would be foolish if he didn't inspect this room. Not like he couldn't return to the elevator. Moving forwards, Tihun began to inspect whatever place this doorway led too.

OOC: @Eyru

"So this Codex thing..." Whisper turned to Grime, as Stannis handed the key back to her, "...you said it has to be put in a Suva?"

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top Penthouse

With - Mahrika, Ollem, Kas

Sorialx’s ascent up the tower had gone by unhindered in the light of the noon day sun. The sunlight being cast reminding him of all the time he had wasted getting side-tracked. At least it lit the interior of the Aqua Sphere with beautiful splendor despite the unwashed outer glass.

At the top of the tower, he found a singular doorway. Based on the scrape marks on the door jam, it must have been forced open recently. Sorilax peered inside the penthouse, but there was no one visible. There were more signs of activity, though. Physical maps and other papers were strewn about the room, still being slid by the wind from the broken windows and open door to the balcony. Electrical box things were spread out without dust situated on them, all of them hooked up to what Sorilax believed to be a creator of energy he had seen Skakdi use in the past.

What had been so important to have caused someone to recently come here? No! That did not matter. He saw no evidence of what he needed and so did not need to learn more about the room. Perhaps this tower had been a dead end all along. But perchance the view from this height might allow him to see a location more important than this.

Sorilax stepped into the room and back in time. In an instant the world shifted, like he was back in the Far Shore as the timelines converged around him. Three beings stood before him, two Matoran and a Toa. The papers were being gone through by the Toa. The electronic boxes were stacked up. One of the Matoran was on the balcony. But most disorienting of all, the sunlight was back to being early in the morning.

The change was so sudden, so out of the blue, that Sorilax lost all concentration, becoming both visible and his field of Silence dropping so that only his passive bodily Silence remained. Not that it mattered, as he exclaimed out loud, “Great jumping Mahi! I say, I say by jove, how in the name of time did I end up now?

The good beings of Le-Metru Nuva were right. Time was indeed falling apart.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Drukarus, Krrenchk, Zekev (Zakazian Wastes, Northeastern Coast)

In silence, Drukarus sat in the back of the war rig alongside four other Skakdi as it sped along the coast, dust and sand being kicked up behind the vehicle’s tracks. Next to it was the Crushing Foot, driven by Krrenchk, with it containing Zekev and the other three Skakdi that made up his fourth band of cohorts. He had chosen them to come with him for a simple reason, because they were the worst Fort Nektann had to offer. Though he didn’t doubt they could be made into genuine warriors, let alone soldiers, he knew Detsu wasn’t going to be sufficient for such training and desired to train them personally.

The sun stood high up above them as they continued on their journey, the glistening of the vast blue ocean filling the horizon to their left while the seemingly equally vast expanse of brown marked the horizon to the right. There was little for Drukarus to focus upon, till in the distance, he spotted it, the sight that sent chills down even the warlord’s spine. A Tahtorak.

He had not witnessed the monster that became of Nektann, not well at least, and as such never realized till now just how immense the monsters were. Its sheer size, it made the Tahtoraks he knew from his Zakaz to seem like infants in comparison. But that was not the only thing he noticed, as centered upon the creature was a growing amount of green, with fields of grasses growing in the things wake, with even the sand around the pair of rigs beginning to sprout such flora.

Looking at it, he would have called it a blessing, if it wasn’t for the fact that it was all too clear to him where it was headed, it was going to Fort Nektann. He had told Detsu to prepare, to be ready for the worst. But that was before he realized what it was that was coming to the fort, before he realized just how unstoppable this thing must be. He doubted that even with a whole host of three hundred Skakdi, armed with war rigs, beasts of burden, and advanced armaments, could take that thing down. Nothing could kill it, except…

“HALT THE CONVOY!” Drukarus shouted out, with the driver quickly heeding his words with the Crushing Foot stopping soon after. Not wasting a second, he jumped out of the truck bed as he approached the Crushing Foot, with many of the Skakdi looking at their War Captain curiously.

“Zekev! Krrenchk! Out here, NOW! He ordered out with urgency.

Zekev stumbled out of the vehicle, his eyes still fixed on the titanic monster. He’d only heard legends of this beast long ago, before… everything. How could anyone survive this?

“Yeah boss?”

Krrenchk stepped out of his Crushing Foot, putting a hand up to his optics to shield them from the sun. Yup, that was a Tahtorak alright. They were always such a pain to deal with. You either had to make a Kaita or make your own Tahtorak, and both options were hard to come by with how little Skakdi played well with others. He turned to Drukarus, awaiting his superior’s orders.

Looking between the two Skakdi before him, he pondered for a brief moment if they were the ones he was going to choose for this. That momentary thought was quickly settled as he recognized the strength and ability they could at least offer, if they were willing to completely give themselves.

“I shall keep it simple, you two are going to join me in felling the Tahtorak. We are going to form a Kaita.”

Zekev’s jaw dropped. Me? In a Kaita? The amount of coordination and willpower required was far beyond his capability, he was sure. He’d only ever known it to be an honor reserved for the most-

Well, doesn’t matter now does it? Looks like we’re in the big leagues now. “I’m gonna need direction on that,” he managed to say.

Krrenchk pumped a fist in celebration, “Alright! Just say when, boss.” Perhaps things would be different this time. Drukarus was proving himself to be a far better leader than Nektann and Barius ever had been.

Drukarus nodded his head before barking out another set of orders, commanding the remaining eight Skakdi to continue to the Rig and inform any there that Drukarus will arrive promptly. With the Skakdi accepting their orders and being glad that they weren’t the ones going up against that thing in the distance, they quickly sped off leaving Drukarus, Krrenchk, and Zekev alone.

Taking a deep, calming breath before the battle to come, he looked intently towards the other two Skakdi as he spoke. “Whatever you may feel, whatever you may learn, whatever knowledge or secrets you gleam from this fusion...you will keep it to yourselves. Understood?”

The two Skakdi nodded their heads. Drukarus didn’t say another word, as he planted his hands upon the pairs chests as they did so as well, the two Skakdi giving themselves fully to the transformation as the three’s bodies were enveloped in a radiant light, the three of them merging into one being.

IC: ??? (Zakazian Wastes, Northeastern Shore)

Rising to its full height, the mighty gladiator of a being rose to its full height, it’s grip and strong upon the greatshield it wielded in its left and the maulaxe in its right, both truly deadly weapons. Slowly turning its torso, it gazed off into the distance, its six optics settling upon the Tahtorak in the distance, its mouths both curling back into excited and vicious grins.

Taking a step, the first one of many, the earth sunk beneath its weight, as those first few steps turned into a full-on sprint, with each step sounding out with a thunderous crack of earth and a small crater left behind. But it was still too slow for its liking, it needed to go faster. Acting upon its beck and call, gravity began to warp and bend as it charged forth in now great leaping bounds, covering bios with each leap.

At last, they existed, and though Drukarus had made them to stand as a bulwark, to protect the fort and his people, that was a desire only Drukarus held. No, they had another desire. They desired battle, conflict, they desired to show to all of Zakaz who they were.

They were Taua, Skakdi Kaita of Conflict, and there was nothing stronger than them.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma @Gecko Greavesy Let's get ready to ~RUMBLE!~

• Like 3