Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Nale Vella - Memory Crystal (Nynrah)

"It's just a memory, right?" the Fa-Matoran said. She took Knichou's hand with little hesitation and breathed in deeply, preparing for the fall. "Besides--I've taken a few leaps of faith before in my life. This is no different."

@BULiK@~Xemnas~

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Cliffside

The pair leapt off of the edge of the cliff. Mid air, their other hands linked and they swirled, facing each other in a skydiving formation. Knichou kept his focus away from the rapidly approaching ground, preferring to watch Nale's icy blue optics. The ferromagnetic duo felt a light tug as their fall slowed to a halt, and another as they were promptly deposited near Aurax.

Knichou found his balance, and began to take a step forwards towards the end of the room. Flame and smoke began to seep in the chamber from the ceiling. Knichou looked at the floor with caution - had he activated some kind of booby trap by touching the wrong brick? Could he activate traps in a memory? The memory held in the crystal somehow knew to let them pass as well - the Ghost hadn't used the mysterious devices enough before to tell if that was possible or not. Clearly it was reacting to their presence, to some degree... whatever 'it' was.

"I said, 'fear not'," a familiar presence reminded them. Caedast's many eyes took in the chamber from all views as she finished phasing into the room.

The antechamber remained eerily empty. The third Ghost was nowhere to be seen, and the three walls of the rectangular room were perfectly flat and devoid of any markings.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Antechamber

Aurax's hand passed right through the front wall. He was right - it was an illusion. He was wrong - it wasn't the same trick. The wall was real, but it's surface parted ways as the matoran attempted to touch it, as if magnetically repulsed from their bodies. Whatever redundant security measure this was, it was soon clear that all four dreamwalkers were Welcome Ones.

How can it know we're here?

Edited by BULiK
  • Upvote 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi had finished assembling the mechanized hilt, even as Sucordak called out, “I am ready.” The Fe-Matoran nodded and walked over, and the two Matoran locked it into a long curved blade. It was a proper Kanoka Blade of Weakening, far longer than the others and made from a high level disk. It was not meant for a Matoran.

I will keep forging disks and blades. You aid the refugees.” Kanohi nodded and grabbed a few of the Kanoka Blades of removing poison, plus the long blade of weakening. If he dumped into Councilor NU, he would offer the blade for her. She could consider it a badge of office, showing her as the other leader of this last village.

He began to walk away, not grappling yet to better balance the stack of tools as he headed for the refugees. 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

Komisti winced at their old name, it … it was not great how little folks cared to get their details right. Obviously Councilor NU probably did not remember they were going to change their name, let alone know what they had changed it too, but it still hurt a bit. Like how almost every Matoran called them a “he” or a “she.” The Matoran were more careful for their own kind but towards Komisti…

It was too much like Xia. That toxic poisonous matriarchy, that society rigidly enforcing that binary. It had been horrific, particularly for a Vortixx who did not fit those boundaries. If Komisti had not escaped to Metru-Nui … they did not know what they would have done. Maybe tried to tear the whole island of Xia down.

Still, that was not important now, “I traveled to Kini-Nui during the attack. I … hopefully the portal did not affect me, but the Matoran needed help. I was trying to stabilize the ground with my blade and mend buildings with my mask, but then a wave of poison struck us, coming from a second titanic beast.

It exhausted me, I tried to keep helping, but I was not very useful after that. I did however see as the Kaita mechs fought the Tahtarok, the rain demon as it was known to the survivors of Po-Koro. The colossal mechs fought it, hacking it and ripping it apart, until at least they beheaded the beast. At least one of the giants is now dead. But others survive. Ulkarr revealed he knew where they were born, and I agreed to try to put a stop to them.

Many refugees were poisoned, so Kanohi and Sucordak began making disks of remove poison. I was treated with one such disk, before me and Ulkarr approached Kanohi to try to end the giants. Kanohi agreed, provided I help him forge Kanoka Blades, to better protect the village. I … had meant to in the past and gotten distracted. We forged a few of the weapons, and Kanohi and Sucordak said they would keep making them. We were about to go when the airship arrived.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran startled as Two teleported, before seeing Sorilax’s creation teleporting to the mask. The dangerous living mask. She stumbled, and broke into a run, even if that child of Sorilax had a Life Kraata, there was no guarantee they were worthy. She calling out “W-wait—” but she was too clumsy on her feet, slipping and smacking to the ground.

Mahrika recovered quickly, the scratches on her chassis filling in and polishing out until no trace remained. The power of Quick Healing. She sprinted off again, and her feet began to stumble less as their mass shifted and unfolded, her limbs adapting for sprinting. She had to stop them. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Nale Vella - Memory Crystal (Nynrah)

Nale looked around the antechamber. Was this a memory or a treasure hunt? Both, it seemed. "Not so hidden door," she quipped, passing by Aurax. She almost found the trio being Matoran again amusing as she walked by the powerless Fe-Matoran, and it certainly made this mnemonic excursion more interesting. She took hold of the primitive spear she now wielded, just in case.

@BULiK@~Xemnas~

IC: Jutori - Elemental Ruins of Water

"Thanks, I think," he replied to Kilo. "I think we make great friends too."

He surveyed the distance between him and the mech himself, and seeing the Kralhi make use of his adaptive armor gave Jutori an idea on how it worked. He took a step off the ledge and, after feeling his stomach drop and his heartlight slam in his throat, thrusters appeared that gave him enough lift to fly over the expanse. He made use of his element as well to ensure he wouldn't fall to his death on his first ever flight. 

Jutori began flying to the cockpit of Patiwairutiki. Just don't look down, he thought. 

@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

The titan nodded in agreement, then watched as the Toa seemed to...disappear or phase into the Muaka by her side, which in turn ran off towards one of the bunkers. She made a mental note of the structure as their meeting point.

:Much appreciated. I shall remain for as long as possible.:

The titan then focused back on the remaining people that were now facing Axxon. She studied the other titan more closely, matching the being before her with the warrior of old that she knew of. They had crossed paths in the past, it came with being a warlord. But this Axxon looked much, much worse for wear. The one she knew had been stern, lacking humor and thoroughly devoted to duty. But this one struck her as more of a zealot than anything else. 

:”Wait, Tuyet, even if you could just send him back, there’s something seriously wrong with him.”:

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator@Kal the Guardian@Eyru@~Xemnas~

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Niidak (Tobduk-Koro)

As she was doing her final engine inspection, a familiar face approached her. "Oh, hello there. Yes, I remember you. I also remember you weren't the friendliest customer, but I am glad to hear you've reconsidered my offer." She reached into her satchel and pulled out her Kanohi Miru. "Here it is, still in mostly pristine condition. I accept anything in return, not just widgets. What have you got?" She found it mildly amusing how she was now working at the airship which he had told her to visit.

She then turned to look down at the matoran. "You asked where the Commander is? Didn't quite hear you. Anyways, he left the ship before we left Ko-Pou. Don't know where he went, exactly."

@Toru Nui

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

”A Builder,” Korruhn replied, stopping and turning his shoulder back toward Sidra. “I picked up his trail in Fort Nektann. He lead me down here. He lived through the last cycle; he knew a plethora about both Metru Nui and this world. He was my key to figuring this out.”

Korruhn shrugged, nodding to the limp corpse of the builder cradled over his shoulder. "Inconsequential now. He died saving my life; twice. I’m going to record what I can from his tattoos, and put him to rest.”

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

3 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

Korruhn shrugged, nodding to the limp corpse of the builder cradled over his shoulder. "Inconsequential now. He died saving my life; twice. I’m going to record what I can from his tattoos, and put him to rest.”

IC: Sidra - Kumu Peninsula

"I've seen those sorts of tattoos before," she said, "On Turaga Dume." 

It couldn't actually be him, though... could it? She'd seen Dume died, watched his body reanimate, and be destroyed. Were it not for the fact that Sidra herself had risen from the dead twice, and met a woman who claimed to be constantly resurrected in alternate realities, she would've been certain Dume was gone. 

But after all she'd seen and done in this strange, screwed-up universe, nothing felt certain anymore.

@Crimson Jester

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamp

The tree began to buckle and swell before Viltia's eyes. As the Toa NUVA continued her task, she could sense the plant's Life growing stronger. The tree drank in the energized protodermis like it was dying of thirst. The golden liquid splashed and steamed as it fell to the ground, and Viltia felt revitalized even from the few droplets that splashed on her skin, and from the vapor that she breathed. Any scratches, bruises, and mosquito bites cleared up. Her lungs breathed deeply, full of new strength.

The tree was revitalized too. Its trunk twisted slowly as it grew and changed. Its roots drank deep of the energized protodermis, and Viltia could see exactly where the liquid was currently at as it slowly ascended from roots to branches. First the roots swelled and plunged deeper into the ground, binding the tree to the earth with new vigor. They wound themselves around the roots of neighboring trees, forming a network that expanded far beyond the little clearing. These trees, too, tasted a smaller dose of the magical liquid. A taste was enough to clear out bark rot and burn away parasitic lichens and mosses from their limbs. Their bark grew smoother and firmer; their leaves grew greener and wider. The very soil they grew in was transformed: it grew richer and darker, full of nutrients and minerals. Viltia could sense new Life beneath her feet and all around as insect eggs spontaneously hatched, birthing new larvae that would gorge themselves on plants until, fat and happy, they could pupate and grow wings, the better to spread pollen and give back to the plants that had nurtured them.

Any other rahi hiding in the branches or digging in the ground changed too. The treasure trove that Viltia emptied into the ground bore fruit for every nearby living thing.  Their muscles grew stronger and their bones grew harder. Wounds and old injuries repaired themselves, disappearing as if they had never existed. Some rahi sprouted new limbs or extra eyes. These new appendages and organs were instantly useful; they were less mutations than sped-up evolutions. The air became full of the sounds of confused animals testing out their new bodies.

The tree itself continued to grow and change. Its trunk grew wider and thicker and taller, the bark stretching (but not cracking) to accommodate the growth. Each cell of the tree was transformed, becoming stronger and healthier and more vibrant. The tree literally glowed with vitality and Life. Light seemed to leak through each deep groove in its bark. These grooves rippled like rivers as the tree grew. Its bark, should she touch it, was harder than it had been before. No longer a mere dull brown, it gleamed gently and, if closely observed, one could make out all the colors of the rainbow hidden between each shade of brown.

Viltia had to crane her neck back now to continue to observe the transformation. The energized protodermis had made its way up the trunk and was now effecting change upon the branches. Each vast limb of the tree swelled and strengthened, and new branches began to sprout out from the limbs in real time. New twigs grew from these branches in turn, and buds sprouted from the twigs. None of these branches grew straight: the tree's limbs now spiraled and arced through the air, almost like tentacles or —Viltia realized this with a shock of happy surprise— like her own tendrils. The tree canopy was a mass of twisting limbs and branches, yet it never became messy or disorganized. Each branch arced gracefully like it had been sculpted into that exact shape by a master craftsman. Each branch avoided all the others. They twisted in midair to slide past one another like dancers in formation.

The buds now began to open. Each tightly wound bud of green plant matter unfolded into a glorious leaf. Each leaf was a deep, rich green streaked with silver veins that sparkled in the light. The canopy grew darker as the leaves grew in number and size until the entire clearing was awash in darkness. Viltia held her breath for a moment, then let it out as a gentle, silvery light began to fall. As the leaves drank in the sunlight, the light flowed through each vein and illuminated the branches, the trunk, and even the forest floor far below.  The branches were awash in silver light, and Viltia stood before a tree that now towered over both her and the rest of the forest. Its canopy spread wide over the other trees like the protective wings of a mother bird. Its roots dove deep into the ground, so deep that Viltia couldn't sense how deep they went. Its vast, twisting trunk seemed almost to dance in the soft light, and each leaf quivered in the fullness of Life, causing a vast rustling to descend upon the forest like the sound of a tremendous wave crashing to shore.

To her disappointment, Viltia saw no new vuata maca crystals materialize.  But she saw —or, rather, felt— something else begin to take shape. The entire tree was still vibrating with Life, but that power was beginning to condense in the heart of the tree. She could now sense a concentration of life in the tree that she had not sensed before. Unlike the other trees that surrounded it, this tree was not alive in a slow, sleepy, plant-like way. No— the energized protodermis had infused it with new energy that was now concentrated into something that seemed less kin to the other trees and more kin to the toa herself.

Viltia felt something tugging at her foot. Looking down, she realized it was a tree root. The long, slim tendril wound itself gently around her ankle. There was a sudden flash of pain, and then a deep, shimmering voice expanded to fill her mind.

Hello.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | Kini-Nui

“How many have you consecrated with NUVA?” requested Axxon of the assembled group as his mask of truth glowed with power. “If we are to preserve the actions of my time, they must join me at the Forge of the Heartsflame. The rite must be performed once more.”

Axxon's conversation with the potential disk-forger was rudely cut short as the Witch of Time advanced upon him. His mask told her that she would do whatever it took to return him empty-handed to the past. She was a liar and a thief, but right now there was fierce determination in her eyes, and she spoke only the truth. Her henchmen, however, looked less decisive.

The titan lifted his axe in a show of force, ready to swing. "I warn you," he said, directing his words specifically to Exuze, who seemed the most averse to combat. "If you move against me, I will show no mercy."

Tuyet continued her advance. All around them, the grass shivered as water began to rip free from each stalk. Plants withered and drooped as their cells lost pressure. The amalgam twisted in response, hungry to taste of death. Axxon winced, but stood firm. He would wait for the witch to make the first move.

OOC: @BULiK @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Smudge8 @Vezok's Friend @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 4

Korruhn couldn’t help himself.

”Well, I suppose it’s good you gave up assassination, then,” he replied, smirking ever so slightly. Whether it was Dume or not inconsequential. The world of Dume, the hierarchy and the order; all lost. His place in this world rest on Korruhn’s shoulder and in his mind. “I suppose it’s good I finished the job for you.”

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy 

• Like 3

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Taja | Kumu Peninsula

The mists were thick and uneasy. Taja left no tracks in the dry dirt, but there was nothing for her to track either. She figured she might need some help if she were going to find anything. 

Whisper? she said silently, reaching out with her long-disused mental connection to the aspect. Are you there?

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kumu Peninsula

"That guy's... not Dume though, is he?" She asked, trying to get a closer look at the corpse's face and tattoos. She wasn't intimately familiar with how greatly members of the Matoran race could change between transformations, but surely a citizen of Metru Nui like Korruhn would've been able to make the connection if this Matoran had indeed been Dume reborn? 

@Crimson Jester

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

The Aspect's high-flying euphoria was interrupted by a familiar voice in his mind. Taja? He replied, I'm here. How can I help?

@Eyru

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dar Poroka | Flying Somewhere Over the Island (What, You Want a Specific Location? Get Lost, Punk) - by Fall Out Boy

Mama always say you gotta look after yourself. "Poroka," she say all the time. "You always hurrying into trouble!" She tell Poroka slow down and smell flowers. Well, Poroka never been much for flowers. They smell nice, maybe. Unless they bad smell flowers. But only so many times Poroka can smell flowers before getting little bored.

And bored Poroka kinda not happy Poroka. So... what to do now? Make happy again, that's what to do. How? Easy. Poroka like break things.

So Poroka looking for break things. Found little village with nobody living. So smushed some houses. Then find some trees. Lots of trees. Poroka had fun breaking all them down. Then move on. Keep looking. Feeling itchy for some fight.

Last fight pretty good time. Poroka fighting lots of robots. Only bad things is robots not got blood. So kinda not satisfy when Poroka rip off robot head and see wires only. But still pretty good time.

Now Poroka fly. Got big wings for fly. Wind feel good on Poroka face. But not feel so good like fight. That real good feeling. Sometimes that feel get so good Poroka almost can follow it like flower smell...

Poroka look down. Wind in face feel good, but fight gonna feel even better. Poroka can feel fight almost start somewhere down there... but where? 

Keep looking, Poroka!

You gonna find a fight somewhere!

Yeah!

I don't know, the toa admitted. I made it to the Kumu Peninsula. But I feel like I'm running out of time, and I don't know where to go. The island's disappearing. And I feel like if we don't do something, we're going to vanish right along with it.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, 'Keeping Place'

"You should know this, Aurax - the best engineers are the laziest," Knichou quipped. The trio was silent for a moment afterwards, and the commander thought to the patterns of the nanotechnology he had developed long ago. "Although I have a feeling we just passed a test without even realizing it..."

The three matoran passed through the barrier unhindered. It was not a thin wall leading to another room, but a long hallway filled with nanodermis that took a not-insignificant amount of time to wade through the retreating wall. Just as they were beginning to wonder if they were getting lost, they finally reached the next chamber.

The knowledge seekers entered a spherical chamber. In the center was a large platform shaped similarly to a Kanoka disk, with many markings on its surface. The other Ghost from the cliffside was at its center - he jabbed a strange spike into the center, which transformed into what might best be described as a key, although this nanite contraption fit no lock the visitors had ever seen before. As they 'key' slowly sank into the center, the Fe-Matoran took several steps back until he was off of the platform. When the key was flush with the surface of the platform, then the center of the structure fell away, with slices near the edge beginning to seamlessly separate and drop to form a spiral staircase. A strong glow of light emanated from within the well of knowledge, with the inner walls giving off a sterile glow that was just soft enough to not irritate one's optics.

The unnamed Ghost looked back towards the entrance, then descended the staircase, his shadow dancing across the runes adorning the dome ceiling as his footsteps echoed throughout the chamber. The visitors could almost feel the vault inviting them in.

Edited by BULiK

I'm here as well, he replied. I've learned much... and I may have a solution, or part of one. I encountered an elder Aspect named Icarax. He gave a glowing stone to a Toa named Korruhn, and told us to take it to Kini-Nui. He claimed it would show us what to do next.

@Eyru

Taja didn't feel much like trusting an elder aspect, let alone any aspect besides Whisper, but what choice did she have? Besides, she knew Korruhn, if only tangentially. The two had become Toa together, but the Toa of gravity had disappeared shortly after the founding of Metru-Koro. She hadn't seen him since. If he was still alive, he would make a good ally.

Where is Korruhn now? she asked. And his stone?

With me, near the temple of another ancient Aspect that we... sort of killed, he explained, twisting about in the air to look back down towards the ground. He's still got the stone, but he's busy chatting with one of those people with the big mechs.

@Eyru

Big mechs? That meant Sidra or Atamai, unless someone else had unlocked NUVA while she was gone. Taja hoped it was Sidra. She didn't much care for the Dark Hunter, but at least she seemed to have emotions. The last few times she'd tried to make conversation with Atamai, he'd sounded like a machine.

I'll join you," she said. If I can find you.

• Like 1

Actually... I think I can teleport you to me now, if you wanted? He thought back. 

@Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Whisper/Sidra - Kumu Peninsula

Brace yourself. I don't know exactly what this experience will feel like. He wheeled about in the air and flew down closer to the ground, interrupting the words of the green being conversing with Korruhn as he stopped to hover next to the pair. 

"Tuyet said she was also jumping between other version-" she broke off to frown at the bug furiously flapping above her. 

Whisper focused on his connection to Taja, attempting to use it to draw the Toa to the misshapen shadow his flying form was casting on the ground.

@Eyru @Crimson Jester

Edited by Gecko Greavesy

It almost felt like disk surfing — except, instead of being whisked away in a particular direction by the force of the chute's flow, Taja felt herself being pulled inward, like the chute was flowing through her own body. She felt a brief sensation of falling. Her stomach twisted, and she opened her mouth to gasp or shout in surprise when it was over as abruptly as it had started. She stood on the same dry ground, but the mists were lighter here, and she could make out some crumbling ruins and desiccated trees not far off. Also, she was no longer alone.

Had she not possessed a mental connection Whisper, Taja wouldn't have recognized her. The aspect wore a new body, and seemed to exude an aura of power that dwarfed what she had felt like before. Taja almost felt afraid for a moment, staring in the face of what an aspect could become, but she remembered that Whisper was her friend. That hadn't changed, had it? Sidra was here too, and she looked mildly surprised at Taja's sudden appearance. So did the third being, a Toa wearing a cloak with strange markings with his hood up. He was piloting an ancient-looking mech, and he carried a dead matoran in his arms. Nevertheless, she recognized him.

"Korruhn? It's me. Taja."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 3

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui, Templeside

Tuyet wasn't stopping. Exuze felt the moisture wicked from the air around him. Ah, Karz...

Clearly de-escalation wasn't an option. That left one clear option:

Escalation.

Much to everyone's surprise, Exuze strode forwards with force of a Kane-Ra. He sidestepped Tuyet, passing in front of the Ga-Toa. He unlatched his large brown cloak, tossing the billowing burlap covering aside. The unarmed Lesterin marched with purpose, ready to be the first to reach Axxon.

"Don't tell me what to do," the Ta-Lesterin growled back at the titan, an unexpected ferocity in his eyes, which shifted from their characteristic soft turquoise to a bold blood red glow as his faxon shimmered. "I have HAD it with people like YOU telling ME what I 'should' or 'shouldn't' do."

Exuze's eyes focused on the silver titan's movements as he closed the distance between the two of them, speeding up his march in the process. His mind focused on channeling the spirit and abilities of a particular rahi. The Kraawa was a peaceful creature, preferring to graze in the fields of many places in the matoran universe, including the southern continent. It was no hunter, but when provoked and cornered, nature's ingenuity ensured that any predator would pay for its audacity.

OOC: @Eyru batter up.

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Keeping Place

As the companions peered over the edge, they saw the Ghost looking back at them. The spiral staircase went down several revolutions within the glowing crystalline interior. The walls faintly reflected their surroundings, adding to the ethereal effect.

At the bottom of the well near where the Ghost stood was a pedestal, above which floated an identical kanohi. In front of the pedestal was a control panel with an outline for a matoran sized hand, and built into the wall behind the pedestal was a cylindrical vat with a thick layer of frost obscuring its contents from view.

The Ghost waved at the group, beckoning for them to come down to him. Knichou began to walk down the spiral staircase, intrigued.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC Katrin Nuva - Kini Nui? - Far Shore

She sat up once again, in a place that looked an awful lot like the Kini-Nui of Zakaz. It couldn’t be, however, because that Kini-Nui was on a lake, and had a village at it’s base. This Kini-Nui was deep in a jungle, and was far simpler in it’s stone construction. Kat looked around, but no being met her vision. It seemed she was alone here, for the moment. She blew out a sigh of relief, and stood to her feet. She made her way up the stone stairs and reached the immense suva that lay atop the temple. In it’s center was a perfectly round stone, set into a perfectly fitting indent in the top of the dome. It was inscribed with matoran script, but strangely, whenever Kat tried to focus on what the letters said, they seemed to shift and change. She looked around at the pillars surrounding the suva, and upon each one was an intricate carving of….. Well, Kat wasn’t entirely sure. They seemed like beasts, but they shared similar features to each other, despite each appearing unique. They weren’t Rahi, at least not any that Kat had ever seen. One in particular drew her attention. The beast inscribed held aloft a flame that almost seemed to extend out like a sword, and it’s face was locked in a snarl, or perhaps a scowl? But the eyes seemed proud, and determined. Kat traced her fingers along the carving, and a name rose unbidden to her mind.

“Tahu.” she whispered to herself. She didn’t know how she knew that with such conviction, but things had been pretty weird lately, so she shrugged it off.

Kat looked at the other carvings, and tried tracing them as well, but none of the other carvings reacted the same way. Her eyes fell back to the orb. She frowned, and reached out.it was strangely cool to the touch, despite the sun bearing down. It was also surprisingly heavy, when she lifted it. Nothing seemed to happen, but she felt that this stone was important. She was proven right in the worst way, when the stone suva burst open, and suddenly the sun drenched valley turned dark as liquid shadows erupted from the stone dome, twisting and churning in the air before coalescing before the Toa of Fire as a rust covered matoran wearing an equally rusty Hau.

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Outside the Elemental Ruins of Water:

After a brief period of adjusting to their newfound aerial mobility, the pair of oddities managed to make their way to Patiwairutiki’s cockpit. They turned the mech’s many eyes skyward, hoping to catch a glimpse of their new target. Whether by luck, the effects of the water tahtorak’s recent demise, or perhaps by the desires of a divine power who did not want to delay their journey any longer, the morning sky was relatively cloud free.

The search initially proved fruitless until by chance the upper pair of eyes on the kaita managed to spot an unusual circle floating far above. Traveling southeast in the direction of their target, it became increasingly clear just how high the sphere was floating. Through Patiwairutiki’s mental link Jutori could hear the sounds of his mechanical companion performing several quick calculations, putting the estimated height of the sphere at 9,555.55 bio. The machine began to calculate possible plans of approach.

Accuracy of long range teleport has potential offset of-

At target altitude, potential wind speed will be-

Ally Jutori could utilize gravity powers to compensate for-

The mech eventually stopped atop a hill nearly directly below the floating sphere. “This unit will collect additional long-distance images,” the machine stated as it exited the mech. Climbing atop the kaita ACR’s head, the robotic NUVA swapped out the Hiko on its face for the Akaku it had obtained in the water temple. Using the telescopic scope installed on the mask the machine zoomed in its view of Mi-kiri. From its current angle it was difficult to make out too many details of the contents of the sphere. There was clearly water occupying a large portion of the interior space as well as structures of some sort. Something moving nearby caught the machine’s attention before further analysis could be performed. Another smaller structure was orbiting the aqua sphere. It was immediately clear that this adjacent floating entity did not share the same architectural designs as the sphere’s contents, and additional analysis displayed all too familiar identifying features.

Jutori’s adaptive armor received a radio transmission from the mechanical enforcer. “Ally Jutori, this unit has detected a usurper hive adjacent to the target destination.”

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Keeping Place

Knichou reached the bottom of the staircase, slightly irritated by the lack of handrails. If he was on whatever committee that made this, there would have been complaints. When was this built, anyhow?

"Hello? Who are you? Where are we?" Knichou asked the memory(?).

"Hello! I'm Kimi, the curator of our sacred vault," the Iden-bearer replied. "Welcome to our Keeping Place - this museum holds records of all of our collective research and development over the millennia the Nynrah Ghosts have existed. It's a shame it had to be cleared out and locked down to prevent our secrets from falling into Pridak's claws, but luckily I was chosen to act as our failsafe, in the event any of our shipments and evacuations are unsuccessful, to prevent any loss of research."

The room felt like it had a life of its own, watching the visitors from all angles. There was no sign of any windows, entrances, or camera - the only things in the room were the visitors, the Ghost, the pedestal and its floating Iden, and the crystalline vat on the opposite side of the room. Vents on the large cylinder leaked a chill fog that lingered near the ground.

"I must admit, of all the colleagues I expected to see, you two exiles were nowhere near the top of my list. Let alone with you having that Kanohi, Knichou," Kimi commented. The Ghost was visibly confused, but soon accepted that the situation may be drastically different given how out of the loop he was. "Not sure if that's a good or a bad sign. Either way, it's still it's such a relief to finally have visitors. Records indicate it's been... some time since this memory was recorded. How has-"

The Matoran looked like he was forgetting something, and waved a hand to dismiss the notion as he got back on topic.

"Apologies, I'm getting ahead of myself -  what are you seeking?"

"I need to make 'a box string enough to contain a soul' - does that ring a bell?" Knichou asked, curious how this process functioned. Perhaps this was why this was recorded as a memory and not raw data - sorting through the countless experiments and prototypes each Ghost conducted would be laborious, even at the speeds of a memory crystal, without some categorization and search functions. So... this is some kind of AI?

"You must be seeking the Essence Cage. Of course you are." Kimi answered. "Please uplink yourself to receive the data package."

Kimi gestured to the control panel in front of the eerily floating iden's pedestal. Knichou nervously obliged, placing his hand inside the panel's outline. The commander's optics shut and it was immediately clear he was in deep focus, learning everything he could about the contraption Caedast requested. After a few seconds in, his Kanohi began to glow in the simulation and reality.

Kimi turned to the other two Matoran visitors while they waited for Knichou to finish.

"What do you seek?"

OOC: @Tarn @~Xemnas~ free loot and friendly conversation.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC, Aurax: Memory Crystal-Nynrah

Aurax looked at Kimi, then at the floating Iden, then back at Kimi. He scratched his head. “Uh, I didn’t expect to be coming here today so... oh! How ‘bout a Power Lance? I always liked those things. They helped inspire my warp drive.

”Also, what the heck is up with this memory we’re in? I thought memory crystals didn’t let the users interact with anything in the memory.”

IC: Nale Vella - Memory Crystal, Nynrah (Keeping Place)

Nale was surprised by the question, and by the memory interacting with her. Aurax was quick to decide on something, but she was hesitant. "I...came here seeking what my allies were seeking. I didn't expect anything else."

She looked down and remembered that her current form was that of a typical Fa-Matoran islander. "You can't tell in here but, in reality, I'm almost spoiled with gear," Nale said, glancing to Knichou.

@BULiK@~Xemnas~

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

So that's where we're trying to get, Jutori thought as he looked up at the Aqua Sphere, even thought Kilo could hear it anyway. "Usurper...Vahki. Someone from the Metru Nui remains, then? I still don't really get how we're supposed to get all the way up there, but you're clearly putting a lot of thought in, so...I doubt we'll fail at it."

@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

2 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

Aurax looked at Kimi, then at the floating Iden, then back at Kimi. He scratched his head. “Uh, I didn’t expect to be coming here today so... oh! How ‘bout a Power Lance? I always liked those things. They helped inspire my warp drive.

”Also, what the heck is up with this memory we’re in? I thought memory crystals didn’t let the users interact with anything in the memory.”

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Keeping Place

"Yes!" Kimi smiled. "Successfully bridging a hybrid between memory and simulation proved to be quite the challenge, but it was all worth it in the end, even given the setbacks."

Knichou continued to consume and interpret the trove of knowledge the Keeping Place gave him access to, although the Keeping Place ensured he only learned what he was destined to know, as it was so inclined. As Aurax spoke more of his request, Knichou's Kanohi began to glow brighter in both realms.

"Y'know, I never did understand why this thing was made that way," Kimi replied, absentmindedly twirling the power lance with ease. Was it always there? The Fe-Matoran pulled the tip of the already oversized weapon closer, inspecting the three blades and revving their sharp, motorized teeth. "I guess triangles are strong? I was always more of a software guy, to be honest. Probably whoever commissioned it demanded that - you know how clients can be some times. Maybe the first blade lifts and the others slice?"

Kimi casually tossed the weapon Aurax's way as the lance dropped in the sands beside the Pa-Toa in reality.

"So, did you defect again, Aurax? No way you're here with Knich' if you're not some kind of triple, quadruple, or quintuple agent. You don't just have that accident with his assistant, then go work for Pridak, and magically make up all these years later without something happening."

"I...came here seeking what my allies were seeking. I didn't expect anything else."

The engineer watched Nale as she looked to Knichou.

"You can't tell in here but, in reality, I'm almost spoiled with gear."

"Ah, yes. The assistants of Ghosts tend to get their pick from what prototypes we discard. With that Kanohi, I'm sure there is plenty of opportunities for him to create any tool he wants you to use whenever he needs you to use it."

Edited by BULiK

IC: Mazor-Kini-nui

From above Mazor swore under his breath. The talks clearly weren't going anywhere and everyone was waisting precious time arguing that could be spent gathering the stones. 

A fight seemed inevitable so Mazor loaded a moderately strong Weakens disk into his launcher and aimed it at Excuse.

But just before he could pull the trigger he heard the lesterin say something.. "I have HAD it with people like YOU telling ME what I 'should' or 'shouldn't' do."

At the last moment Mazor switched targets, firing the disk at Tuyet instead.

@BULiK @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru

Edited by Smudge8
  • Like 3

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Aurax caught the Power Lance, albeit a little clumsily. It had been a long time since he was a Matoran, after all. 

“Well let’s just say that I had a moment of introspection,” the Matoran said. “I wouldn’t quite say we’ve made up, but I’m going to be doing things a bit differently from now on.”

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

”I told you both that there’s no need fo fighting,” the NUVA said to Tuyet and Axonn. “Axonn, please listen to what I’m telling you.”

Then someone decided to launch a disk at Tuyet. 

Before the disk could reach its mark, Atamai’s nanite cloak shifted; a tendril of the tiny robots reached out to slam the disk to the ground. 

“Can you not, please?” Atamai said. “Shooting disks at people won’t get us anywhere.”

OOC: @Smudge8 @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

"That's better than nothing, I suppose. So, will you be using these tools to push back the League?" Kimi asked.

”You could say that,” Aurax said. “The only Barraki left is Ehlek. He’s threatening the existence of the Matoran, and he obviously isn’t going to stop with them. So he needs to be stopped.” Aurax declined to mention that he had killed Pridak and taken over as a Barraki himself. 

• Like 1

Knichou finished creating the essence cage, but continued to sort through the catalogue of Nynran designed and reverse engineered equipment. Some of these were bound to come in handy.

The essence cage fell in the sand, a flawless metal cube with various symbols etched in grooves on each face. These geometric patterns were filled with crystal of a variety of colors that appeared to almost be pulsing with power. Through their tint, empty space could be seen inside.

The cube also floated within the simulation, and Kimi tested it by trying to insert a lightstone. The floating cube's faces exploded outwards and began to rotate the around its center, and when the lightstone was inside, the walls floated back together and sealed, leaving the contraption seamless and perfectly sized for its target. The lighstone's bright shine dulled as the energy was trapped within, the prismatic crystalline runes on each face only allowing a soft glow to leak out.

"That's wonderful," Kimi stated responded, continuing to play with the cube like a toy. "Toa Stannis must have made his delivery to the Archives after all if the war is going this well - the wanderer's 'porting skills are remarkable. Given the lack of visitors, I've assumed the evacuation must have been a success, or was unnecessary - it's so good to hear that so much has been accomplished even without the aid of my failsafe."