Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC, Aurax: Memory Crystal- Nynrah

"Uh..." Aurax's voice trailed off. "It wasn't a success- Stannis still has the crystal. That's how we're here right now." He looked uncomfortably at his Companions. "The war ended up coalescing in Metru Nui, and then Mata Nui, the so-called "Great Spirit" awoke. Turns out he was a giant robot that we were all living inside of the entire time, and then his head popped off, and ended up crashing onto this other island called Zakaz. Not the Zakaz that the Skakdi come from, but a different one. 

"And this island is in some kind of time paradox. We're trying to figure out how to save reality, and this Essence Cage thing might be of some help."

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Keeping Place

The curator looked genuinely disappointed. This was too crazy to not be true.

"You could have just lied, you know."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki Cockpit - Below the Aqua Sphere:

Usurper hive indicates presence of Metru Nui population.

Metru Nui currently consists of League population.

Flight configuration indicates usurper hive was modified by technically skilled individual.

Truce currently exist between Kini Koro population and League.

Barraki Ehlek is performing experiments on matoran, yet truce still exists.

In order to perform experiments, Barraki Ehlek requires an isolated location with minimal chance of scrutiny to prevent possible interference.

Conclusion: Barraki Ehlek is in the usurper hive.

New plan of approach will be required.

This unit has calculated that Barraki Ehlek is likely in the usurper hive,” the machine explained. “This unit initially planned to teleport with Ally Jutori directly up to the sphere. This approach has issues, specifically the imprecise arrival point. Upon landing this unit and Ally Jutori may be vulnerable to attack. If the usurper hive is present, there will likely be usurper units. Any attempt to enter the sphere will likely include resistance or flanking by usurper units. In addition, Barrakki Ehlek must be stopped from performing more experiments. This unit is creating a new plan of approach.”

The mechanical enforcer paused in order to let the words sink in and to begin some quick calculations. “Records indicate that gravity toa are able to utilize their element to lower their personal gravity in order to jump or float to locations. How long can Ally Jutori sustain this sort of elemental function?”

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Ulkarr, Enra and Gnabol (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, The Bridge) - Heart of Darkness

The Aspect, flanked by a Skakdi and Zyglak, entered the bridge. "We must speak with the one in charge. 'Berys', was it not?"

"Uh, yeah, I think so."

"It’s about the monsters. They’re coming from the volcano."

"There is a ritual involved in their creation that can only be performed there. We must travel to the volcano, access the underground caverns and neutralize whomever is responsible."

@BULiK

IC: NU-8020S, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Boarding Ramp) - The Veil of Night

"Understood-"

"This Vortixx is now designated 'Komisti', Squad Mother."

"In any case, while the ACR pilots appear to be dealing with the creatures effectively, I will allow Ulkarr to lead this mission. It is in our best interests to ensure no more are produced."

"This all operates under the assumption that Ulkarr can be trusted."

"He will be monitored, naturally."

"What reason do we have to doubt him? He has cooperated with us at every turn."

"He is a murderer. At least an accessory to murder."

"Perhaps he is neither. Perhaps he is both. But so are most of our allies. Do you recall I had to eliminate the Skakdi mutants who obstructed our hunt for Takadox?"

"I never stated that you could be trusted either."

"You are welcome to leave at any time you choose, NU-8026S. In the meantime, while Ulkarr eliminates the titan threat, we must resume the work to free our people. Knichou has deserted us, likely to obtain further power for himself, so we shall have to do it ourselves. I will go to Metru Nui, and-"

"And what? Charm our brethren with your winning personality? How will you even get there? The Matoran Berys will likely disapprove of Ulkarr’s destination, let alone yours."

"The Transport. It was designed to be amphibious. It floats... kind of."

"I will prepare it for departure."

"Thank you, but you will not be joining me, Obedient. None of you will. I fear none of you will be able to resist the Hive signal, and-"

"Why? How are you better than us, 'Mother'?"

"I am a more advanced model. You were not designed to make decisions on your own, requiring input from a Squad Leader or the Hive. I am sorry. But it is no fault of mine."

"I am coming with you."

"No-"

"YES." NU-8020S and Wayward began arguing in the Vahki tongue.

"I suppose now would be a bad time to mention that Barraki Ehlek has seceded from the League and has built a base atop the Aqua Sphere?"

Impressionable’s mother and brother glared at him.

"Is that a negative?"

@Harvali

IC: Achro, Navu and Klawne (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Dirt Poor

"Oh. Did he now. Great."

"Uhrm..." Achro searched his person, but turned up nothing except a rusty nail, a rubber band, a hunk of strange meat and a tooth too big to have been from his mouth. The eons spent hiding in the subterranean caverns of the Mesi hadn’t exactly been lucrative. "Well, I can’t, erm-"

"You can’t compensate her financially."

"I can’t finance your compensation, yeah. Any other way I can pay for it? Any odd jobs that need doing?"

@Daniel the Finlander

IC: Berys, Tobduk-Koro Outskirts, The Taku

Ulkarr entered the bridge to find not Berys, but the ship's doctor Triage. Luckily for them, although Berys was asleep in his quarters, they had accidentally stumbled across the right person: Triage was the acting captain of the Taku according to Knichou's last orders.

OOC: @Tarn @Toru Nui just moving this ahead here for clarification.

IC: Arnex, Tobduk-Koro Outskirts, The Taku, Boarding Ramp

The Onu-Matoran continued to patiently sit atop a nearby crate, trying to comprehend the Vahki and their strange arguments. Did Vahki always malfunction this much? She remembered them being much less... colorful in Metru-Nui. Eventually when there was a lull, Arnex spoke up, trying to be useful.

"When we flew here last night, I didn't see any lights in Metru-Nui. With everything sinking, maybe the league left?"

OOC: @Tarn @Toru Nui @Harvali I believe have characters here?

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC, Whira: Ruins of Fire

Everything went white for a moment, and when Whira came to, she realized her armor was gone. But she felt... different. Even though she was still a gaseous cloud of antidermis. She floated around, looking for her sword that she had dropped in the explosion. She saw it under some rubble. Her antidermis reached out, and to her surprise, she was able to move the sword. Taking it gently into her cloud, she floated around, and saw Cravious entering the cube. 

She entered, and passed by the other Skakdi inside. They stared at her in shock. Whira ignored them and continued onward to find Cravious.

"I am... alive," she said. "I will need a new suit of armor, however. Preferably one that can allow me to use my Kraahkan."

She paused for a moment. "It is good we are going to the Grand Temple. The armor that my brother Icarax requested is there. I intend on retrieving it, for there is one last piece of information I need from him."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

The trio only found Triage, slumped in Knichou's chair like he was on the verge of sleep himself. "Berys is resting," he answered. "The one in charge on this ship is me," the medic further explained, straightening up in his seat. "Look, I'm not saying it's not in the best interest of all of us if we stopped the production of island-destroying monsters, but how do you know for sure that's where they come from? That that'll stop them?"

@Toru Nui

IC: Nale Vella - Memory Crystal (Keeping Place)

"I know it's difficult to wrap your head around," she added. "It took some time for me. But, right now, I'm having just as much trouble wrapping my head around this place. A hybrid between memory and simulation..."

Nale trailed off as she looked around the room. "...I thought we were just reliving a memory, but we're interacting with it, and you're speaking to us. It's more like a dream. It's an odd feeling."

@BULiK@~Xemnas~

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

"It depends," Jutori replied. "Before now, I could manage getting across small gaps, hover like I have a Miru...never tried much farther. I'd be concerned with losing focus or running out of elemental energy and falling."

He shrugged and gestured to his hue-changing armor. "But that was before. Now that I'm Proxima, I might be able to go even further, especially with a jetpack. You thinking of testing it?"

@pokemonlover360

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Keeping Place

The room Nale re-observed was sparse - the only notable deviations from the smooth cylindrical shape of the vault was the control panel Knichou was interfacing with, the pedestal behind it that suspended a Kanohi Iden mid air by some unseen force, and the crystalline vat on the wall on the other end of the room, the interior of which was still obscured by a thick layer of frost. 

"Yes. The way the mind works is truly remarkable." Kimi responded, clearly happy to talk about a subject matter he was an expert in. "Obviously you can't store a memory that changes based on whoever views it later, that's why my simulation is needed to complete the failsafe for our Keeping Place. Storing my memories as curator will not be useful when the part of the purpose of the Keeping Place's dynamic nature is allowing for it to reveal to a user what they need while ensuring they don't learn what they shouldn't."

"The only downside to this method is that my memory was needed to complete the simulacrum... but it is a small price to pay for playing such a vital role. The very fact that Stannis not only recovered my memory crystal after my final recording, but successfully delivered it to you is testament to my failsafe's success."

"Maybe one day you can return and tell me the stories of how the Essence Cage was used to finally put a stop to whatever calamity you're enduring." Kimi commented with a nostalgic twinge evident in his voice.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki's cockpit - below the aqua sphere:

This unit requires Ally Jutori to nullify Patiwairutiki’s gravity until the sphere is reached,” the machine explained. “Opposition will be encountered on the sphere. This unit intends to bring Patiwairutiki to deal with it.”

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

IC: Past Viltia #1 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Near Le-Metru Nuva, Vuata Maca Tree

Viltia was in jaw-dropping awe. Plank upon plank of wood boards fell to the ground, descriptions of the event as it happened carved into them. There was no way she was going to forget this amazing moment.

She was beaming, joy filling her. She had never realized the Vuata Maca Tree had so much potential. But then a change came over it that she never would have expected. A mind formed, it reached out to her, it spoke!

Viltia reached out a hand to touch the tree, marveling at its transformation. A final board dropped to the ground describing the momentous event. She spoke back, “Hello! I’m Viltia. But I’m also from the past, so at any moment-

She disappeared.

OOC: @Eyru

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, Twekohui’s Bunker

With - Muaka NUVA Proxima

The hatch sealed closed behind her, cutting off her powers from the outside world. Viltia wanted to wait for her past self to show back up and report what had happened, but Twekohui was really hurting himself trying to get free. So Viltia unmerged, her Muaka seemingly uncomfortable in the tight space even though the seat conformed to him. Although it didn’t accept him as a co-pilot.

Viltia connected to the mind of the mech, feeling its pain and anger. With a thought, the wood in the bunker was absorbed. It abated back into the mech like it was cotton candy in water. With shuddering steps, the mech crouch-walked from the bunker, the golden ichor ceasing from its jaws as it did so. On its mind was one thing, slaying the Rite-born it sensed. It stood tall, gripping its weapon in its large hands.

Viltia turned the mech’s head to the south, and with a rush of air filling in a vacuum in space, it teleported away.

It took a couple teleports to reach her destination without the help of Flight or Levitation. But very quickly Twekohui settled down as he left where Zataka and her Zivons were.

As she approached Le-Metru Nuva, Viltia looked up in awe. Where her village was, a new tree grew, a new canopy above the others. It had to be 150 feet tall at least. It looked like the Vuata Maca Tree, but this tree had leaves. But… She looked closer, Vuata Maca Fruit hung from its many branches, glowing along with the silver of the tree. What had past her done?

Well, she didn’t have time to find out. She needed to get back to Kini-Nui and help out Zataka. Viltia parked Twekohui next to where Sidra usually kept her own mech. Massive trees grew around his limbs to lock him up, though the bindings were not as secure as they had been in the bunker. This would keep him from roaming, but not stop him from going to fight a Rite-born that he might sense.

Opening the hatch between the shoulders, three past Viltias climbed out, newly summoned and given directions. Present Viltia merged with her Muaka and flew into the sky, teleporting back to Kini-Nui and the bunker she had just come from.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, Vauta Maca Tree

Past Viltia #1 stepped into what had once been a clearing. Instead many plants flourished under the watchful gaze of the newly sentient Vuata Maca Tree. She looked at the tree with her mouth hung open. How could a tree be alive just like her? She picked up the boards one of her past selves had inscribed upon, reading the tale of what had transpired here.

Okay. It made sense now that she realized she had used pure energized protodermis.

She reached out to the tree, “Sorry I had to leave. I’m still a past me, but I won’t be going anywhere for a while.

IC: Past Viltia #2 & #3 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Under the Aqua Sphere

With - Kilo-M9, Jutori

As she flew, Past Viltia #2 looked down at the wood card in her hand. It read “Carefully check out what’s up with Aqua Sphere. Make sure Sorilax stays safe if you can.” She went over plans in her head, trying to figure out the best way to stay safe while still being able to help out. She couldn’t let present her down by getting hurt.

She turned to the other Past Viltia that was her backup to stay safe. They talked for a bit, bouncing ideas back and forth. For the most part they just ended up having the same ideas. Very quickly the planning turning into talking about all the new beings they had just met.

But as they approached closer to the floating sphere, they noticed something down below. It was a Kaita mech. And it was just standing there. They flew down. As they did, they spotted a newly familiar form. It was that Krahli NUVA, looking up into the sky. And judging by her Life sensing, a Toa NUVA Proxima was with him.

Seeing an opportunity to use her Legendary power of Growth, Past Viltia #2 two started to grow in size until she reached her full, massive, 120 foot height, taller even than the Kaita mech before her. Using her Kraata of Density Control, her innate power of Levitation, and her now gigantic tethers, she gently landed beside the mech.

Past Viltia #3 landed on #2’s enlarged shoulder and called out to the fellow NUVA, “Hey, if you’re thinking of going to the Aqua Sphere, you may want to be careful. There’s bad beings up there. And the Admin apparently has ‘bugs’ or something. At the very least it’s acting weird.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn

IC: Cravious NUVA - Skakdi NUVA of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Whira

Cravious went through the Kanoka forging book three times and found nothing on a Great Disc of Creation or even a disc that could outright create things. The closest thing was a Kanoka of Conjuring, which was very dangerous if used and was exclusively turned into Kanohi. This wasn’t a book on Kanohi, but thankfully there was a small picture of what the Kanohi would look like and a very short, not very descriptive description of its powers.

The image was the only one out of the whole book that even remotely resembled his new organic-looking Kanohi NUVA, so he decided to take a chance and try to use the “Ability to program allowable powers with good enough weaknesses to avoid mental backlash.”

He started small, activating the power of the mask in his mind as he would his vision powers. Its power expanded in his head and felt like it was waiting for something. He spoke, “Grant me the power to elongate either of my arms. Weakness: the opposite arm gets shorter.

Cravious grit his teeth, awaiting the mental backlash and steeling himself for it. Instead a voice spoke into his mind, Input accepted. His arms tingled for a moment and then he felt a new power in them. He slowly smiled.

Carefully, he extended his right arm. It stretched out like rubber, his left arm shortening in direct relation to it. He laughed, not harshly, but genuinely. He let go of the power of the Kanohi and it shut off, his arms returning to normal. He immediately tried to program another power, but the voice spoke to his mind again, Please wait 30 seconds after each activation before trying again. Huh. That was interesting.

His mind raced with the possibilities for this mask. There was potentially so much he could do now. This could be how he figured out the creating mask. Perhaps this was the creating mask. There was so much testing to be done.

Thunks rang out through the Cube and it rose into the air. The propulsion engine quietly powered on, fueled with electricity. And then they were off, headed for the grand temple’s valley. Whira must have arrived.

Sure enough, he sensed her mind as she floated up to him. It seemed she was trapped as a gaseous cloud again, just like he had thought. He responded to her statements, a thumb pointing to the Aspect body he had taken from his vault, “Already ahead of you. Go ahead and take it, free of charge. We need to get you where you need to go as quickly as we can. Hopefully whatever it is I’m supposed to unlock next will help us have you achieve your Grand Wish.

Of course Whira had already paid for the armor by giving Cravious the power he now wielded. It was her that had allowed all of this to happen, even as the island fell apart he grew stronger. By the end of it all, he would be so rich he wouldn’t know what to do with it all.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ You can go ahead and choose what the body looks like. It just won't be the same as the body she had before.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Jutori nodded. "Right, okay." The Ba-Toa was reminded of when Toa Stannis asked him to move airships out of their path in Le-Metru. "I should be able to manage that. I hope."

Hearing Vilitia, Jutori looked around and was slightly startled to find a massive NUVA standing by their mech with...tentacles? Vines? She was clearly a Toa of Plantlife. A smaller version of herself was standing on her shoulder, and was the one speaking to him and Kilo. "Uh, thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing you're trying to get up there too?"

@pokemonlover360@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - On top of Patiwairutiki - below the aqua sphere:

Greetings, unknown toa NUVA. This unit’s designation is Citizen Pacification Unit K1R1 Kilo-M9 NUVA. Short form Kilo. As Ally Jutori just mentioned, this unit intends to reach the aqua sphere and bring this mech to deal with any dangerous forces. The Administrator stated that two matoran released a prisoner that intends to harm the Administrator and potential data servers of builder culture. In addition, this unit has detected a usurper hive adjacent to the sphere that likely contains Barraki Ehlek who is performing matoran experiments. Barraki Ehlek must be stopped.”

The machine took another look at the humongous toa NUVA. “Would unknown toa NUVA be willing to assist this unit with reaching the sphere?”

OOC: @Tarn@Kal the Guardian

IC: Vuata Maca Tree | Fau Swamp

The tree shivered slightly, its leaves rustling all above her like an oncoming wind. Silvery light felt like misty rain.

Hello, it said, though it was less speaking words than speaking pictures and feelings. Viltia understood the hello, but what the tree actually communicated was the sun peeking through clouds, a hatchling breaking out of its shell, and the shadows of kindred trees on a green sapling.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | Kini-Nui

Exuze made his move, and Axxon responded in kind. The lesterin approached quickly, jogging up to the titan with a clarity of purpose that had been absent in the preceding minutes. Whatever he was planning, Axxon didn't plan on giving him a chance to see it through. The titan took two steps forward, his speed belying his size. He usually moved with a shuffling gait to minimize the pain, but there was no time for half-moves in battle. It was kill or be killed, and the pain must be ignored or it would become death. So he swiftly finished closing the gap that Exuze had already made smaller, and swung his axe with brutal grace into the lesterin's body.

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @Smudge8 @Vezok's Friend 

• Like 2

IC, Whira: The Cube

Silently, Whira began to allow her essence to flow into the empty armor. She was grateful that Cravious was both resourceful and a hoarder- he seems to have everything she needed. It was sleek and slim, and unusually had three eyes, two in their normal location and one in the middle of the forehead. And unlike her previously jet-black armor, this was one black, gunmetal, and red in coloration. 

As her antidermis filled the armor fully, Whira’s new eyes blinked open. She surveyed her surroundings, and looked down at herself, admiring her new limbs. She moved her legs, testing them out. Satisfied with their mobility, she walked over to the portion of the vehicle where she had left her Kraahkan. She picked it up and placed the mask on her face. It attached quite easily. 

Curious, she decided to try activating the mask. She outstretched a hand and concentrated. She was pleasantly surprised when a ball of Shadow appeared on her palm. The mask was responding to her! She morphed the ball around a bit, testing the mask’s power. Then she deactivated it, and the ball of shadow disappeared. 

She walked back over to Cravious. “This new body is perfect. I can even use my mask now,” she said. She smiled thinly. “You have done well, my follower. Your reward is well-deserved. And your reward shall be even greater when I ascend. And we are on the cusp of greatness...”

IC, Aurax: Memory Crystal- Nynrah

”I think Knichou will be the one to tell you about it. He’s got the special mask, after all,” Aurax said. 

• Like 1

With - Kilo-M9, Jutori

Both Past Viltias shrugged in unison, causing #3 to have her tethers latch onto the larger her to maintain stability. When she steadied herself, #3 spoke back to Jutori, “Not really. I can fly or even teleport up there. I’m just trying to figure out a plan for how I can check things out but still stay safe. Both of me here are Time Duplicates and I really don’t want to hurt present me by doing something dumb. But my Aspect friend and his Matoran companion are up there trying to fix whatever’s wrong with the Administrator and I’m worried for their safety. That floating fortress doesn’t look too inviting.

Large Past Viltia #2 looked up into the sky at the Aqua Sphere in concern for Sorilax. He wouldn’t answer her mental communication with him. He must be busy. Or maybe it didn’t work because she was from the past. She hoped he was okay.

#3 continued, “But then I saw you guys and wondered if you needed any help while I'm here.

It was at this point Kilo spoke up.

Greetings, unknown toa NUVA. This unit’s designation is Citizen Pacification Unit K1R1 Kilo-M9 NUVA. Short form Kilo. As Ally Jutori just mentioned, this unit intends to reach the aqua sphere and bring this mech to deal with any dangerous forces. The Administrator stated that two matoran released a prisoner that intends to harm the Administrator and potential data servers of builder culture. In addition, this unit has detected a usurper hive adjacent to the sphere that likely contains Barraki Ehlek who is performing matoran experiments. Barraki Ehlek must be stopped.

Would unknown toa NUVA be willing to assist this unit with reaching the sphere?

Past Viltia #3 quickly nodded, “Oh yeah, I’ll totally help. I wonder if Sorilax knows about this prisoner. I hope he and the Administrator are okay.” She didn’t really understand all the technology talk, but it didn’t sound good. The news of Ehlek angered her though. How dare he hurt those precious stars! She had a mind to blast the fortress with her Great Disc beam and teleport him to who knows where. But she stopped herself. He could just come back if she did that. And what about those he might have locked up? Ehlek needed to be stopped once and for all.

I’ll totally help you guys get up there, if I can. I’m Viltia, by the way. I guess technically it’s Forgemaster Viltia NUVA, but just Viltia is fine.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn Was almost ninja'd. :P Hopefully I made it make sense without changing the first part.

Location - Near Le-Metru Nuva, Vuata Maca Tree

With - Vauta Maca Tree

Past Viltia #1 ran her hand along the shimmering bark of the tree, noticing the play of rainbow light below its surface. The hello came to her and she immediately understood the words the other her had said. The way it spoke was just like how she sensed using the senses of the Fau Swamp, “seeing” through the trees and bushes and mushroom spores. It was so natural to her that it felt like words spoken aloud.

Hello, precious one,” She spoke back, both in words and her mind, but most importantly through her element itself. There were images of clouds clearing from the face of the sun, of a sapling drinking in the nutrients of the soil, of a gardener propping up a broken stem so it could be healed.

• Like 1

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui, Templeside

The Ta-Lesterin saw the titan accept his challenge and begin his swing, and Exuze was both frightened and elated at the absurd risk he was taking. The tricky part of forcing Axxon's hand was a success, but the titan taking the bait was only useful if Exuze wasn't cleaved in twain in the process. He hoped this worked - normally when Exuze used rahi powers, they weren't in life or death situations, and even less often did they actually require him to fight all instinct and let himself get hit.

Exuze's mechanical left arm moved in the path of the axe's blade. The shimmering of Exuze's faxon turned into a bright glow as the weapon made contact. All nearby heart the resonant ringing of protosteel on protosteel, an oddly calming sound for such a violent force.

But the Xian prosthetic didn't buckle at the contact of the massive swing - in fact, it was remarkably unscathed, save for a noticeable dent in the forearm's armor plating. This was not due to its own resilience - while it was armored and meant for combat, even the most protective armor would be pierced by a weapon of superior quality and size.

Exuze didn't survive because of his mechanical arm - the truth was in fact, the opposite. He had used his Faxon to channel the kinetic absorption power of a Kraawa in anticipation of the strike he had provoked. Nearly all the energy of Axxon's strike had flowed into the Lesterin's body, which subsequently doubled in size instead of being sliced in half. The wiry Lesterin was now just as massive as Axxon, and already was committed to capitalizing on their suddenly equal footing while he retained the element of surprise.

Exuze's right hand was already in position behind his back during his block, waiting to swing once he had finished growing. The large fist swung in an uppercut at Axxon with an equal and opposite force to the titan's axe swing.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Whira

Cravious grinned wide. He liked the sound of an even greater reward and he was also pleased that Whira liked his handiwork. It really was one of his better Aspect bodies that he had made. “And do you know what we need to do next for your Grand Wish? We should figure things out so we can get moving as soon as I unlock whatever it is I’m unlocking and you get Icarax's armor.

As he talked, he fiddled with a few pieces of metal that just appeared before him. They were thin, hollow tubes. Soon smaller, more intricate pieces appeared, summoned by his now innate power. He grabbed a few pieces of non-iron that he had lying around. Something that looked like it could go on someone’s head slowly took shape.

The Cube soared through the air, pointed diagonally to cut through the air just like it did in the water. Soon the landscape of the Ash Barrens gave way to the mountain range that sprawled out from Irnakk’s Tooth. They were well on their way.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr, Enra and Gnabol (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, The Bridge) - Bad Reputation

Gnabol opened his mouth and raised his finger, before realizing he had no real rebuttal. "Yeah, he has a point actually, how do we know?"

"The properties of Irrnak’s Tooth are well known amongst the local Skakdi population, as Enra here will attest."

"Yeah, but I thought the monsters would only be, like... two, maybe three times a Skak’s size, not the flipping enormous ones I’ve been hearing about."

"The 'Nightmare Pits' beneath the volcano are the only place on the island that has the magic needed to summon the 'Riteborn'... who devised these names? What sane creature would... I am straying from the point, excuse me. You will notice that they came to Kini-Koro from the north, where the volcano lies from the settlement."

"We’d take the portal to the Ruins of Fire, but it was a pretty dangerous trek from there to the Tooth before bits of the island started disappearing. Anyways, yeah, I know the way you get into the Pits. Haven’t actually been in there meself, ‘cause it's - it’s scary. We just need to ignore the scary, get into the Pits, deal with whoever’s making the monsters so they can’t sacrifice anyone else to make more. Easy."

"Riiiiiiiight... 'easy'."

@Tarn@BULiK

IC: NU-8020S, Reckless, Lawful, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Boarding Ramp) - End of Line

"Where did they GO, then, you revolting-"

"I am back now." Reckless said, covered in Manas saliva, with Lawful behind him. "Why did you command my return? The crab and I were bonding."

"'Crab'?"

"Zyglak Gnabol’s pet Manas."

"That is disgusting."

"NU-8026S, you are not coming with me. That is my final decision. The League must have relocated somewhere in the north, presumably with our people and the means of controlling us with them. The condition of the Ruins of Ice is unknown, thus using the portal network is not an option, so I will take the amphibious Transport across the sunken areas of the island. You will either remain in Tobduk-Koro, or you will accompany Ulkarr on his mission. Is that clear?"

"I thought I was 'free to leave at any time'. Why can I not leave with you?"

"I have explained why, you are just not listening. If you step within Aurax’s broadcasting range, you may become hostile."

"Perhaps. Perhaps not."

"As stated earlier, the Squad Mother was able to resist Matoran and later Barraki control because of her advanced decision-making AI. We are only Squad Members, programmed to follow orders only. It is our..." Lawful paused to find the right word. "Our nature."

Wayward didn't seem to agree. "I am making the decision to ignore your nonsense. I am going."

"The risk is unacceptable."

"I thought cowardice was an organic quality."

"So is the suicidal stubbornness you are demonstrating. I do not want you to get hurt."

"But you will allow me to go on a mission of potentially even greater danger, with an entity you seem to both trust and distrust in equal measure?"

"Ulkarr will bring you all back in one piece if he knows what’s good for him. And you would have your brothers with you. I cannot protect you completely, but I will not allow you to endanger yourself recklessly."

Reckless stepped forth, thinking his name was just said. Lawful dragged him back to where he was standing previously. Wayward was silent for a moment, processing.

"You are going alone."

"If necessary. Organics would be welcome to join me, though I doubt they will. We are only machines, after all."

"You are going without a plan."

"There never was a plan for us. We are outside the natural order. But I will not let my people be slaves simply because they were built that way."

"You are going to die."

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. The risk is acceptable."

Another moment of silence. Wayward’s optics began to fizzle with static.

"Don’t go. Not again. You only just came back. Please."

@BULiK@Harvali

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - On top of Patiwairutiki - below the aqua sphere:

This unit’s plan is simple: Ally Jutori will reduce the gravity of this mech, Patiwairutiki. The giant Toa Viltia, just the one or both, will then throw this mech up to the sphere.” The mechanical enforcer donned its Hiko and climbed into Patiwairutiki’s cockpit. “Before engaging the plan, please elaborate on who Sorilax is. This unit will keep an eye out for them.”

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Memory Crystal, Nynrah (Keeping Place)

"You seem certain we'll succeed at stopping this calamity," she said to Kimi. "I like that optimism."

@BULiK@~Xemnas~

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

"Sacrifice? They're created by..."

Triage got up from his seat and stood at optic level with the three. This was already getting more interesting, and more disturbing. "Alright, seems simple enough. We cut off the problem at its source. I can gather the crew and see what they think." He walked over to the crew quarters and knocked on the door to get Berys' attention.

He looked to Enra. "What do you mean by scary, anyway? Besides being a volcano where people get sacrificed."

@Toru Nui

"Simple plan, right? Appreciate the help ahead of time, Forgemaster," Jutori said to Viltia. The idea of the mech being thrown by a giant Toa NUVA was certainly inventive, he thought. He settled into the cockpit and took a deep breath, preparing to be launched into the sky and to use his element. If there was anyone to pray to, he'd be doing it right now.

@pokemonlover360@Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai turned back to see Axonn and the lesterin start duking it out. He wordlessly lifted a finger, took careful aim, and fired a Weakness beam at Axonn. 

We really didn’t need to fight. This is Dume’s office all over again...

OOc: @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator @everyone else in Kini

• Like 1

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Muaka NUVA Proxima

Viltia appeared before her bunker. She stretched out her body, massive jaws opening wide as her neck extended. It had been such a short time, but she really did care for her Muaka. It wasn’t just the product of some power, it was now her friend and companion. She hoped he could stay at her side for a good long time.

She unmerged from him, sad to be apart but getting more used to the feeling of doing so. She peered towards the airship and the colored beings beside it. From this distance, it was hard to make out what was happening. She wished to go see what was going on, but knew she had told Zataka she would show up here, not back at the group. She would honor what she had said.

Her Muaka gazed at her, “Creator okay?” It spoke using the power of the Mask of Translation.

Viltia nodded and pat him on his side, causing him to purr, the Sonics enhanced vibrations flowing through her body. “Yeah, I’m fine. I want to go back down there, but the right thing is to stay here and wait for Zataka to show up. Hopefully after that Sidra, Korruhn, Whisper, or Stannis will show up with their Makoki Stones.

The Muaka didn’t understand the complexity of what was said, but knew his creator was anxious for something to happen. He rubbed his cheek on her body, trying to comfort her.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

With - Kilo-M9, Jutori

Past Viltia #3 nodded along with the plan, forgetting in the moment that she could just fly them up there instead of throwing them. The throwing part sounded really exciting.

Sorilax is this super nice Aspect of Makuta that denies majorly how nice he is. He left his main body back in my village, but he can do this like... remote possession thing with the Rahkshi he made and that’s what he’s doing right now. They have these spiky spines and look really mean, though his aren’t. Mean, that is. He rambles on a lot. And he talks super weird, too.

Oh! and he knows even less about technology than I do, and I know next to nothing, so he’s probably way in over his head.

As Kilo and Jutori got ready, #3 jumped off of #2’s shoulder. She flew a bit away and grew just as large as her counterpart. They stood on either side of Patiwairutiki, tethers wrapping around it and hands grabbing the mech at its armpits and elbows. #3 bellowed out a booming question, “You both ready?

Location - Kini-Nui Valley

With - Whira

Clash kept his optics on the newly installed gauges and readouts, keeping the Cube on course. Sagacious, who was by his side, called out instructions, “I see the grand temple valley. It looks like there’s portals of some kind and a whole village, just like that Aspect Icarax told Cravious.

Clash responded to her further callouts, slowly lowering the Cube until they could see the bunkers and which ones were already open. Two were still closed, but one of those two already had someone by it. Sagacious had Clash land them near the untouched bunker and went to go tell Cravious.

Cravious, meanwhile, had finished the project he was working on. He fitted it over his head, the fit perfect to his form. Two of the device’s arms clamped to the Kanohi on his face. He then pulled out his Legendary Kanohi of Hunger and slotted it onto the secondary space behind his head. The device clamped down on the upside-down Kanohi, keeping it in place. It looked like Cravious was now wearing a split helmet.

He sent a spark to a very specific spot in the headgear’s wiring. It activated and the mask was lifted off of his face and raised up. The one on the back slid underneath and into place on his face as the first one now sat behind his head. Cravious tested it out a couple of times before letting the Kanohi NUVA of Conjuring rest on his face.

He responded to Whira, “Well I don’t know who this Krom is. Hopefully we get lucky and this is the place you need to go. But then we also need to figure out how to kill our Zivon. Do you think you could possess it and have it kill itself like you did with that Kaita?” He was actually kind of glad that… Cravious paused, hiding his thoughts.

Sagacious walked up, looking over Whira’s new form. Cravious had spent a while perfecting that Aspect body. It was good to see it in use. She turned to Cravious, “We’re here. There’s only two bunkers left unopened, but someone is at the other one.

Cravious squinted his optics at that. He wondered if he should be concerned or not that the others were already open. Well, they needed to get moving whether it was a good or bad development. He nodded his head towards the nearest door outside and started walking, Whira presumably in tow.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki's cockpit - below the aqua sphere:

No records exist for “Aspect of Makuta”. Additional research will be required. Not immediate priority. Will deal with later.

The machine adjusted Patiwairutiki’s position, attempting to shift it into as aerodynamic a pose as possible. As it braced for the oncoming force, it turned to the gravity toa beside it. "Once the launch has commenced, this unit will use the air to correct the trajectory. Focus on keeping Patiwairutiki weightless. When Ally Jutori is ready, lower the gravity and give a signal. This unit is ready.”

IC, Whira: The Cube

”Well, actually killed the kaita,” Whira corrected. “As for possessing the Zivon... I can possess beings, but only if they give their consent. I am not sure if something under my command can consent to being possessed. Even then, I have never possessed anything up to the point of death, so I have no idea if the Zivon dying would affect me as well.”

Whira looked out across the valley. She could spy the Temple. It was in the middle of a lake.

”I wonder if the lake that this Temple rests in is the Pool I seek...”

With - Kilo-M9, Jutori

Both Past Viltias nodded in unison at the signal. They crouched low, tethers coiling on the ground like massive snakes. They gave each other a look to confirm they both were ready and then sprung upwards with a rush of displaced air. Enlarged limbs extended, tethers stretching to their limit, both pushing down into the ground and lifting up the Kaita mech to toss it.

The Past Viltias didn’t quite have the strength of a Pakari, but they more than made up for it with their tethers and having each other there. Weightless, Patiwairutiki left their last tether’s grasp and sailed into the air. It was an awesome sight to behold.

Location - Kini-Nui, Unopened Bunker

With - Whira

Cravious worked his jaw, thinking over the problem presented to them. How were they going to kill that Zivon? Have it fight another Zivon, perhaps? There didn't seem to be a quick, easy solution. He switched topics as he exited the Cube, immediately impressed with the gargantuan size of the bunker before them. It rose a hundred feet up and was made of some metal he had never seen before nor could he affect with his new power over Iron.

He walked up to it and rapped on it with his knuckles. It sounded solid beyond belief. To his surprise, he also felt something as he touched it. There was something there. He placed a palm to the surface. It was a hunger that longed for something only he could give.

Cravious nodded to himself. It must want the Great Disc of Enlarge’s power, just like the last lock. If it was anything like getting NUVA, then it was well worth the price. Cravious poured the power of the Great Disc out through his hands as he placed both of them upon the bunker’s surface.

The door ate and consumed and still it hungered for more. Cravious gave it what it wanted. Even as it sucked dry his Great Disc power, he kept going. Surely it was almost over, right? It still hungered.

He gave up his element next, starting to grow concerned as it still consumed. There was a moment where it felt like it would keep going, that it would take everything from him. He paused, almost breaking off contact. But the thought of an even greater reward filled his mind and he gave all he had, confident the door wouldn’t go so far as to kill him.

And that decision was his undoing, as now he couldn't stop.

The door consumed.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Niidak (Tobduk-Koro)

She rolled her eyes and already regretted saying that she accepted anything in return. ”Well, I don’t really have anything for you to do... what about weapons, have you got any spare ones? I have a spear, a dagger and a disk launcher without disks... they’re not really good enough. This island is dangerous, you know.” She thought about her earlier encounter with the Untethered in the Junk Fields, and how she had to run away from them. Would’ve been easier if she could’ve just blasted them to pieces or something.

@Toru Nui

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Berys, Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Crew Quarters, Berys's Quarters

Berys was roused from his slumber by the sharp metallic clanging of Triage's knuckles against the bulkhead door. Several moments later, the Le-Matoran exited his quarters, wondering what the commotion was about. His barely-active optics squinted at his commanding officer.

"mmmm?"

IC: Arnex, Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Entrance Ramp

Arnex looked concerned as the infighting between the vahki grew more apparent.

"What if you just... radio and ask...? Knichou or the League? I don't know what's going on."

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Keeping Place

"I have to be. Otherwise I will never be reactivated, and my sacrifice will be in vain," Kimi bluntly responded. The Ghost sounded concerned. “I’ve saved so many lives, all the work I’ve saved. I’ve done my part well, the others will do theirs, you will do what must be done. It will all work out. I did my part...”

Knichou opened his optics and took his hand off of the control panel, having learned what he needed to know. There were several designs he'd have to remember to try out later.

"Well, I've got what we needed, are we ready to -"

Knichou was cut off by the sharp clacking of boots against the solid floor above them. It was time to go.

“They told me he would come, and so I prepared myself,” Kimi said, although the Ghost was no longer standing among the other matoran. Memory shifted around, the simulacrum destabilizing alongside the AI.

“It's a shame it all had to burn so it wouldn’t fall into the wrong hands, but the records had to survive, otherwise I'd be killing our dead ancestors a second time.”

Knichou walked over to the glass vat on the other end of the room.. He wiped a hand across its surface, melting the frost. The maskless face of a matoran could be seen inside, suspended in a strange liquid. Instead of kanohi, several artificial tubes interfacing with his head instead. It was clear the matoran was alive, but barely. Kimi was a part of his creation now, and always would be.

“I ensured everything was destroyed and everything was saved...”

The facility began to move around them, with Kimi’s voice falling silent as the floating Iden fell to the ground, no longer needed as the final command was sent. A familiar crystal poked out from the top of the central pedestal before the tower shot upwards to reach the vault’s surface, where the Toa was waiting. Acid began to pour into the vault from vents at intervals along the spiral staircase, slowly filling the chamber and beginning to consume its records and curator. The Toa plucked the crystal from its perch and Kimi’s only remaining memory ended, doomed to play back again the next time.

Knichou stowed the memory crystal in his adaptive armor’s backpack blob and blinked.

OOC: detour over. things wonky on mask usage re: spear and stannis box. Potentially jank solutions inbound. Otherwise, that’s it with the bottle episode sandbox instead of a slow weekend - back to the mayhem of the final week. Where were we again?

Edited by BULiK
Essence Cage creation approved!
  • Like 2

IC: Tuyet | Kini-Nui, fight in the grasslands

Tuyet’s experience of life got turned upside down pretty quick if she was being honest. One moment Exuse was being a little whimpering sadboi, and the next he rumbled with Axxon like a champ and got bigger with every hit. She stomped forward to join the fight, rolling up her sleeves as she went. 

Then a friggin kanoka disk clocked her upside the head.

“Ow!” She shouted out in pain and staggered from the impact. As she looked around for the source she realized with a sudden dread that she felt tired. So tired. Not like the kind of tired after a long workout or a run around Ga-Metru though. The kind of exhaustion only a disk of weakening provided. She felt her mouth go all clammy. Standing was a chore. Tuyet hated chores. 

She forced her body forwards, leaning into her gait. She jumped forward, arm outstretched to grab Axxon. 

All she needed was to make contact. She could still jump ten thousand years into the past after getting hit with a disk of weakness. Totally. 

Who am I kidding? I’m so screwed.

OOC: @BULiK, @Smudge8, @Vezok's Friend, @Eyru, etc.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui, Kaita ACR bunker

Skyra NUVA dropped to the ground faster than some of Rose's armor. Gosh, what would Rose think of Skyra NUVA's new look? Who knew? Rose, probably.

But did it really matter is Skyra was dead? I mean, yeah she was dead but like she was dead in a cool way. Like you see in the posters for romance novels.

But just you wait. Skyra had a trick up her sleeve...

OOC: @Snelly, indulge us in Skyra's 1st mission as a toa in exchange for one Kaita ACR and a revive.

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC, Aurax: Metru-Koro Ruins

The Toa of Plasma blinked as the memory came to an end. He was quiet for a moment, reflecting on what he had seen, then stood up. He picked up his new Power Lance, admiring the three-pronged weapon. 

He looked at the group. "We should get going," he said. His ACR's HUD changed as he looked over some data. "As I suspected, Ehlek seems to be hanging out next to the Aqua Sphere. It'll be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Stan, er, Caedast, are you going to come with us?"

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Ruins ("Datrox Plaza")

The village came back into focus as the memory ended, concluding their journey to Nynrah and the Keeping Place. Nale felt around and double-checked to make sure she was a Toa. Although, she kind of liked the feeling of being a Matoran again--a reminder of when she had no powers, and life was much less busy. Remembering how the memory ended, she gave a somber look to Knichou, but said nothing.

@BULiK@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki's cockpit - The Wild Blue Yonder:

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a Kaita ACR should be able to fly. It has no wings to get its chunky metal body off the ground. This specific Kaita ACR flew anyways. Because the two pilots within didn’t care what people thought was impossible.

In the eastern skies of Zakaz an unusual sight could be witnessed. Not any more unusual than normal perhaps, but something that likely hadn’t been seen before. A large bipedal robot ascended into the skies with little resistance on a direct course with the glass sphere high above. The pilots within had no time to worry about how silly the situation must have looked. After managing to weather the intense g-forces of takeoff the two were occupied in their respective duties. While its companion focused on keeping the titanic mech aloft, the clockwork contraption uttered various commands to the atmosphere around them, directing the nearby breeze upwards while banishing any potential crosswinds. The glass dome above grew increasingly large in their vision as they ascended. Despite how impractical it was the plan seemed to be working.

Soon Patiwairutiki’s form passed by the aqua sphere. Under the command of the mechanical enforcer the sky itself slowed their momentum and guided them above the glass structure. With a close-up perspective, it was time to get a good look around and choose a proper spot to land.

OOC: @Tarn@Unreliable Narrator or perhaps @Eyru or @Vezok's Friend

Edited by pokemonlover360
  • Like 6

IC: Ulkarr, Enra and Gnabol (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, The Bridge) - Nothing to Fear

"Uh, well..."

"Enra and her companion felt a sensation of intense terror as they neared the entrance to the Pits, influencing them to turn back. Perhaps it was some form of defense - an aura of fear energy to drive back trespassers."

"Maybe. Or maybe’s Enra’s just-"

"'Just' what?" Enra connected her fist to her palm and stared daggers into Gnabol.

"I seem to have forgotten what I was about to say."

"What a shame."

"Whoever controls the Pits now must have overcome that aura, and thus, so can we. Gnabol’s psionic powers should help to calm us should our rationality and resolve fail."

"Assuming that I’m not terrified with the rest of you. Fear’s an inherently irrational emotion, after all."

Ulkarr didn’t respond. Gnabol clearly wasn’t fully onboard with this, and the Aspect didn’t want to alienate him by pointing out how wrong he was. Fear was rational when it was fear of punishment, of justice, of retribution. You couldn’t have order without fear of consequence. And Zakaz was a land of no consequence.

But in fairness to the Zyglak, he wasn’t entirely incorrect. Almost everyone seemed to fear the Aspects - even the Aspects themselves. The rite of his people was known as desecration, after all, a word with inherently negative associations, but everyone, including his own brothers and sisters who performed it used it freely. 'Irrnak’s Tooth', 'Nightmare Pits', 'Riteborn'... all inspired fear, especially if you knew what the 'rite' in Riteborn meant. But it was the wrong kind of fear - not a fear of their power, the consequences for defiance - but fear in general. His people, the rites, the power they unlocked, their sacred places - all of it was arbitrarily labelled as 'wrong' and 'evil'.

Why? Why did the Builders and Warskaks fear and hate them, when it was their power that formed the crux of both their societies? Why did his people accept this fear and hatred, welcoming and embracing their monstrous reputation? Why was he still distrusted, despite all he had done, all he was doing, all he had offered to do?

Perhaps when all was said and done, he could demand an explanation.

@Tarn@BULiK

IC: NU-8020S, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Boarding Ramp, Vahki Transport, Exterior) - Radio Silence

"You are correct - you don’t know what’s going on. Knichou has made it clear he wants to dismantle me at the first opportunity, and the League doesn’t know about my rebellion. Contacting either and letting them know where I’m going would be inviting them to kill me. Lawful, make sure he doesn’t tell anyone what I’m doing." NU-8020S blasted Lawful with her Staffs of Presence, to maintain a connection to her squad while she was away.

"Affirmative." Lawful began staring at Arnex intently, but whispered something to her. "Please excuse their behaviour. It’s been a long day."

The Vahki Transport arrived, with Obedient piloting it. He stepped out... dragging another Vahki with him, one clearly non-functioning. Silver like the rest of them, his secondary highlight colour being a bluish-green. "It is not safe for him to go with you, Squad Mother. Especially in his condition."

"You are right. But where do we put him?"

"The Taku’s cargo hold?"

"No. I don’t want Knichou coming back and getting his grubby flesh hands all over him, or anyone else for that matter."

"Just-" Wayward made a strange, sobbing sound, as he collected himself. "Just put him somewhere you’ll remember. We can bring him back later."

Obedient looked to the Squad Mother for confirmation, which he got, a chirp in the Vahki Language. He and Impressionable began lifting the deactivated body of their brother Buggy somewhere else in the boundaries of Tobduk-Koro.

"Do you remember his last words before he crashed? Something about 'exceeding the character limit'?"

"To be honest, I filtered out most of what he said..." The brothers paused briefly to wave their mother goodbye, accidentally dropping Buggy on his head, before sheepishly picking him back up again. NU-8020S waved back to them, and then to the rest of her squad before clambering inside the Transport. Wayward desperately wanted to go with her, but didn’t. So did Reckless, but orders were orders.

Lawful, despite his belief that NU-8020S was corrupt, also found himself sad she was going. He flicked off some of the Manas saliva that got onto his hand when he touched Reckless earlier.

"So." He addressed Arnex. "How are you?"

@BULiK@Harvali

IC: Achro, Navu and Klawne (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - I Wield the Power of Gun!

Achro was silent for a moment. "Well I do have these." He showed Niidak his fire blades. "These are... what’s the word we use to make them not sound like weapons, even though they are?"

"Toa Tools."

"'Toa Tools', that’s it. They’re Toa Tools. They can catch fire in the hands of a fire person. You are not, though, so... erm... ooh, how about this instead?" He then pulled out his rifle. "Gun. Made it myself. Armour-piercing bullets... I think. Oh, and I can secrete poisonous gas from my skin, in case that interests you."

"Ew..."

@Daniel the Finlander

Edited by Toru Nui
Wayward initially told them to bury Buggy, which I decided wasn't very good.
  • Like 3

IC: Arnex, Tobduk-Koro Outskirts, The Taku, Boarding Ramp

There was a lot going on but Arnex kept quiet, not wanting to upset the Vahki further. The Onu-Matoran glanced at Rose awkwardly, before the Vahki spoke directly to her again.

"Uhhhh... concerned?"

OOC: @Toru Nui @Harvali @Tarn

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Ruins, Datrox Plaza

Nale saw an equally 'doomer' expression on Knichou's face. Not even the only surviving record of his home was free from the memories of its annihilation during the war or the self destructive hubris of the Ghosts. Knichou never met Kimi, but the story of a Ghost falling on their own sword at the request of their superiors was all too familiar in Matoran and Nynrah Ghost culture. To kill oneself by merging mind and machine to become a glorified encyclopedia, purely on the hopes that it would preserve the legacy of hundreds of others... Knichou wasn't sure if that was a fate worse than death or not. It certainly reminded him of his own tendencies, for better and worse.

Knichou had not seen the League's fleet off of the coast of Nynrah or fought to defend the island from the invasion as Stannis had. The Fe-Toa had merely heard the stories of those battles that were retold in Artakha and in the glassy eyes of Stannis when Knichou brought up his homeland in the past. Knichou had engrossed himself in these reports from the front so often that he felt like he had seen that fleet many times before in his nightmares, and so the Fe-Toa was still visibly shaken by seeing it, even from such a distance, in a dead Matoran's memory.

However, Nale's glance did reassure him, and as he saw her sleek adaptive armor form, Knichou felt that he also saw the calm Matoran he just met underneath, and he grew a slight smile of thanks, accentuated by a thankful nod. He had gotten to do what he previously assumed was impossible - show her a glimpse of the home he had longed to return to ever since his exile long ago. It must have hit home enough for her to remember herself from a more peaceful time. Her life before becoming a Toa was something she could barely recall when they discussed it a month before on the Taku, after Knichou revealed his anxieties about his Toa transformation distancing himself from his Matoran self. Them seeing their old universe again must have been enough of a catalyst for those memories - no, feelings, to bubble up to the surface again.

Seeing himself and his partner together as Matoran made Knichou's internals swirl with a concoction of somber yet beautiful emotions - Nynrah was gone and they could not be Matoran again, but this had reignited a deep longing for those idyllic villages in peaceful fields and the ability for them to just... enjoy life without the burdens of their duty as Toa. They were burdens that Knichou and Nale happily shared together, burdens eased by their unity, but wasn't the point of all the struggles Toa persevered to achieve their destiny? To not only reach, but enjoy a lasting peace? A peace that wasn't just for the Matoran, but for the two Toa lovers as well?

Knichou prayed that Caedast could bring about such a Destiny. In the past two wars, Knichou had assumed his sacrifice was necessary to achieve that peace, but seeing Caedast torture her body to use the Avohkii gave the commander hope that not only such a peace could be achieved, but that Knichou and Nale could live within it instead of holding it up on their shoulders. Caedast could be that bastion. He deeply respected Caedast's commitment, and wouldn't let this opportunity be unfulfilled - it was the best way to ensure a future for not only his people, or even just his love, but one that he and Nale could enjoy together.

At Aurax's prompting, Knichou refocused. He stood up, adaptive armor returning to its desert garb. Knichou had upheld his part of the deal, so he was expecting Caedast to oblige his earlier request once she was no longer hampered by the powers of the Avohkii.

"Don't forget your Kraata, Aurax."

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

Edited by BULiK
added Knichou, then edited it a bunch lol. probably done with my nitpick rewordings now
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BULiK said:

"Don't forget your Kraata, Aurax."

IC Stannis | Metru Koro Ruins

"And what would you choose then?" the wizard, now returned to his corporeal toa form, asked the group. 

He knew what they would choose, but he needed them to say it.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:46 PM, Toru Nui said:

"I finally have something willing to help me! To give me straight answers about Korruhn! About this cursed thing in my arm! I will not be denied now by you and your 'Unity' KANE-RA MANURE!"

On 6/19/2021 at 7:36 PM, Void Emissary said:

So, cursing herself, [Irna] whispered to Leklo: "Please, not now, sir. Not like this. This, here, is not a fight that will do any of us any good."

IC Leklo | Kumu

"No!" Leklo once again adamantly punctuated, flatly nonplussed. A droplet of water rolled down his face, but he could not say whether it was a tear from desperation or a bead of sweat from stress. He looked at the others around himWaveahk, Irna, and Ostrox in particularand saw nothing but fear in their eyes. They were afraid of what would come next and of defying something they did not even seem to understand. Nobody seemed to understand what they were doing (except for Ostrox but he was a madman, apparently). 

He could feel the energies within him swell like a dammed stream, growing heavier by the moment as it had from the very beginning in increasing pressure to be released. He was not merely a toa anymore and had not been for some time now, he was a Toa NUVA Proxima, blessed with a fraction of Tren Krom's light, and he was more powerful than even he could fathom, yet all this time since becoming a toa his elemental energies simply pooled inside his body even as their strength had burgeoned as tributary upon tributary flowed into his reserves. He thought he could practice with the right mentor to access what he knew was within him, but none materialized who could help, not Sans, not Taja, not even Stannis or Korruhn, though they all tried in some ways. Over time he had attempted to coax his energies out by way of stress, trying to break past the mental barriers that he was sure were holding him back, and he almost succeeded once before when he was sure he was about to be murdered, though in the end they were all failures in experimentation. But now, at the eleventh hour of the universe, on the farthest reached of the islands, he was being tested one final time... And there was a spirit inside him that was ready to be hatched at last.

"There is never a good time for fighting but it is always a good time to do what is right," he retorted at Irna with passionate wise sardonicism. 

"You don't even know who he is! Korruhn is my friend, a toa, and a man of honor, and I will defend him accordingly. He has done nothing to deserve vitriol or ire from any of you. And least of all you mad f—r!" he said with an accusatory finger at the ghastly Spiriah.

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Ruins, Datrox Plaza

Knichou nodded along and looked to the Toa of plasma with curiousity. It was Aurax's choice to relinquish his power, just as it was Caedast's choice to relinquish her control over him. Knichou knew that power could be intoxicating, and that it would certainly be useful in the fight ahead, so it was also a tactical choice if and when to remove the Kraata.

While Aurax now had an opportunity to alter his deal with Caedast, Aurax's choice was Knichou's gift, not his command.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Parnassus | The Caldera

Parnassus took the floating fragments in their hand -- it felt like little more than an ordinary stone, but if their father had kept it for all this time, it must have held some hidden power. They raised their head to thank their father for this gift, but Spiriah had already turned his attention to their compatriots. Typical, Parnassus thought. Patch the wisp's armour so that they'll stop crying and distracting you from your work. Perhaps no Aspects were truly able to change. They would have turned back to join their Ambling Alpinists -- if not their newfound firstmate had not gotten it into his head to apparently commit suicide.

"Leklo!' they said, tucking the fragment into the shadows of their cloak. "It must have been many moons since you've last seen Korruhn. But I'll let you know that he's not the man you once knew. He's been touched by a power beyond comprehension, and is now little more than a puppet for greater powers. At this point, it would be a mercy for him to die."

Plus, he's a pain in my armour whom I wouldn't mind personally gutting, Parnassus thought, but did not add aloud.

IC: Irna | The Caldera

Irna's bow arm shook. Something gnawed at her mind -- hadn't she once said something similar to this Leklo? Defended someone whom all others had wished dead? Something about the living dead ... something about a cube....

Mazor?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata @EmperorWhenua

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Ruins ("Datrox Plaza")

Nale was quiet for a moment, looking down at her boots. The statue--rather, the grave marker--of Datrox was casting a shadow over her. She was clearly thinking long and hard about something. Finally, she raised her head and looked to Caedast. Her tone was certain.

"...take Aurax's Kraata, and grant one to me."

@BULiK@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku (Ramp)

Rose already disliked Vahki, but having to hear them argue was even worse. She returned Arnex's glance. "What is even happening?" she whispered to the Onu-Matoran. "Are they malfunctioning?"

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)