Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

1 hour ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

The titan looked back at Atamai and Exuze again, while waiting for Viltia to jump back aboard.

:”So, what’s it gonna be you two: Are you coming with or are you staying here?”:

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui, Templeside

"How far of a walk would this be. What if I just walk wherever we're going?" Exuze nervously asked. He did not like the idea of getting on an airship if he didn't have to.

1 hour ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - The Taku]

Vican shook his head. “Never got around to it. Always wanted to though! This is pretty much a dream come true!” the Le-Matoran said, moving on from the flight computer to the engine controls, looking at the various settings available that the Taku could use for it’s vertical and horizontal movement. “Did this captain fellow of yours customize the ship much? That’s a lot of power for a hauler!”

Akamu scoffed, looking at Navu. “Reason Vican here gets to be all hyped to see an actual airship is because most of us were stuck maintaining the city in one form or another. Lots of unseen and unappreciated work to keep that city shiny and nothing to show for it now…thanks, Mata Nui.”

IC: Arnex, Irnakk's Tooth, The Taku, Bridge

"Yeah, I know that feeling, Akamu... guess it's just worn off after all this ship's been through lately..."

She turned back to answer Vican.

"Knichou has a habit of tinkering with machines. After Metru-Koro moved to Kini-Koro, he spent nearly a month refurbishing the entire airship to turn it into the warship it is now--"

She noticed the panel he was looking had icons where all the engines were.

"Hey, don't touch any of those! I don't want Berys complaining whenever he gets back."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

30 minutes ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

The king led the Vahki containing Hiripaki down the flooded tunnels to the elevator shaft. Aurax shifted around, replacing the Matatu he was wearing with Saybo's Miru. He grabbed ahold of Hiripaki and activated the mask as well as his ACR's thrusters. The mech moved up the elevator shaft, arriving at ground level. Aurax and Hiripaki moved out of the flooded building and surfaced. They were greeted with a grim sight. The remains of the city were burning, and the kaiju Kanohi Dragons were still flying around.

Aurax glanced at Hiripaki. "Can your Vahki body still fly, or do you need me to carry you?"

IC Hiripaki | Metru Nui

"I believe that function is still operational, however the lack of an arm will unbalance me considerably and make things difficult. I believe my RAM can manage but your continued assistance would be valued."

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui Valley, Tuyet’s Airship

With - Zataka, Atamai, Exuze

Viltia stopped the flow of liquid protodermis and pulled off the line of cactus from the airship. She reabsorbed the plant back towards her so that it retracted from the lake. In the past, she would have been amazed at her level of control over Absorption, but now that she was a NUVA, it was just completely natural.

Once it was all gone, she turned to move into the airship, but Exuze was in the way. The Lesterin was waaaay bigger than she remembered and for a moment she wondered if he had similar powers to her.

But it didn’t really matter right now. They needed to get moving. So Viltia got a view of the inside and teleported in. She sat down in one of the chairs, her minimized Muaka coming to curl up at her feet. I’m ready, she mentally said to Zataka.

The Lesterin nervously spoke up, "How far of a walk would this be. What if I just walk wherever we're going?"

Viltia happily answered him, “Three days at the very minimum if you travel perfectly without rest. But that’s only if you know how to scale a mountain range, sail across the ocean, and then navigate a deadly swamp full of disease and mutations. If you don’t know how to do those things, then uhh….” She thought about it for a moment, “A couple weeks worth of travel, I guess. But I’m sure you could make it.” She smiled at him.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @~Xemnas~ @BULiK

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Triage - Irnakk's Tooth

"Can everyone just relax," a shaken Triage said as he entered, looking about as calm as everyone else. The inside of this place was just as unnerving as the outside. For the first time, Triage felt like he was in some place truly evil.

He looked to Ulkarr. "What do you want to do? Block off the entrance to this area so no one can get in again? I don't think we brought any explosives..."

@Toru Nui@Harvali

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

12 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui Valley, Tuyet’s Airship

With - Zataka, Atamai, Exuze

Viltia happily answered him, “Three days at the very minimum if you travel perfectly without rest. But that’s only if you know how to scale a mountain range, sail across the ocean, and then navigate a deadly swamp full of disease and mutations. If you don’t know how to do those things, then uhh….” She thought about it for a moment, “A couple weeks worth of travel, I guess. But I’m sure you could make it.” She smiled at him.

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui, Templeside

Exuze shrank back to normal size, visibly flattened by Viltia's answer. He reluctantly entered the tuyetmobile again, sat in the co-pilot's seat as before, and fastened his seatbelt. His mechanical left arm twitched slightly.

If Zataka could get them home... another ride was worth the risk.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC, Aurax: Metru-Nui

Aurax nodded and had his ACR lift off out of the water. He waited for Hiripaki to do the same, then gently grabbed the Vahki's shoulder to keep it steady. 

As the pair began to leave the city, Aurax turned on his radio.

"Knichou? Do you read me? I've retrieved Hiripaki, and we're on our way to the Vahki hive."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @BULiK

IC: MI-8919-07 | Metru-Koro

The ruined airship continued past without impact, the potentially catastrophic collision avoided through calculated precision. The falling machine with its three arms and strangely swirling armor pattern remained on target despite the buffeting winds summoned by Patiwairutiki.  A portion of the chestplate slid forward and a ratcheting sound echoed through the air as a mask slid into place in an open space before the chestplate quickly closed. Suddenly, instead of flying backwards the machine was gaining speed!

“Announce myself? Is my presence alone not an announcement,” replied the machine rocketing through the headwind from Patiwairutiki. The machine continued

“Know me then, great beast. I am Barraki Mantax, a liberator and a warrior. Your attack is an act of war. A war I look forward to swiftly ending! I have the esteemed pleasure of sending you to the afterlife.”

Shoulder mounted rail guns opened their ports, extended their barrels, and blasted massive projectiles towards Patiwairutiki, the air around them looking distorted as the weapons fired several shots. It seemed simply steering the fortress with gusts of air would do little to stave off assault, and that Kilo-M9 would once again face the warlord in combat.

OOC: @pokemonlover360, @Tarn thanks for your patience.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Tekmo, Waveahk and Ostrox (Kumu Peninsula, The Ambling Alp, Boarding Ramp) - The Last Laugh

Well, this had been a complete waste of time, or so it seemed. Ostrox followed the others back aboard the idiotically named airship. Whatever crisis Leklo and Korruhn were racing to stop by acquiring these 'Makoki Stones', it couldn’t possibly be the real one. That would require acknowledgement of fault, after all. Worst case scenario, he could take delight in seeing their minds enslaved and precious 'Three Virtues' revealed for what they really were when their master returned.

For some reason, that thought didn’t comfort him as much as he thought it would.

Tekmo accompanied the others as they boarded the Ambling Alp. Charming name, could do without the abnormally-fleshy foot coming out of a mountain insignia on the exterior. "Erm, pardon me, but may I ask what exactly it is we’re saving the world from? And what are these 'Makoki Stones', precisely?"

Remaining firmly unconscious, Waveahk could make no effort to resist Irna picking him up.

@EmperorWhenua@Crimson Jester@Void Emissary@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Ulkarr, Achro, Enra, Gnabol, Reckless and Wayward (Irnakk’s Tooth, Nightmare Pits) - He Who Fights Monsters

"This is a place of great power. I fear detonating explosive devices, even at the entrance, would merely make the problem worse. Guarding passage inside instead of destroying it would be my recommendation. However, those responsible for this will no doubt return... and no guard will withstand a Riteborn attack. Without contact with the Kini-Koro ACR pilots, we haven’t the power to stand against them. Unless, of course..." Ulkarr peered into the abyss below them. He could have sworn the abyss was staring back at him.

"Instead of creating giant destructive monsters to fight other giant destructive monsters, we should make an effort to get back in contact with the other refugee cells, so we can coordinate our efforts more efficiently."

@Tarn@Harvali

IC: Korio, Kanohi Dragon of Loyalty - Mata Nui's Head

Korio seemed unbothered by the fog as it engulfed him, focused entirely on the singular goal of ripping open the corpse-god's skull and getting inside. He tore away more and more at it with his claws. The laughter emanating from its mouth enraged the Kanohi Dragon further, and he began to tear with more haste. He would silence it.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku (Bridge)

Rose walked onto the bridge, unsure of what to do while she waited for the next possible monster attack. The Matoran from Ko-Pou seemed to be enjoying exploring the ship, especially the Le-Matoran currently poring over its controls. She casually leaned against the entrance.

"You were the backbone of that city. You deserve this freedom."

@BULiK@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ehlek's Flying Fortress

Knichou raised his rifle in a tactical scan of the room and found it surprisingly empty of immediate danger. The overall structure seemed stable, although the lights overhead were red and flickering. Several silent alarm indicator lights were flashing with a bright white light intermittently. 

They were in a large intersection between other hexagon shaped corridors with similar lights flashing down them. A grooved track ran along both the middle of the floor and ceiling of all passages. Behind them was the way they came, and then branching off were a few hallways labeled in matoran script: recovery bay, recreation ward, asylum pre-processing, laboratory, and emergency exit.

They heard an echo of clattering movement down Recovery Bay and Recreation Ward, and a soft wail from Asylum Pre-Processing followed by a taser being deployed. 

OOC: @BULiK, @Tarn, @Snelly

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Great Spirit Head

Metal tore, screeching and cracking as Korio’s continued the assault. In spots, he could start to see the ruins of Metru-Nui peaking through gaps that had opened in the superstructure. His anger kept him in this spot, despite the tedious work of tearing down this thing, despite the fog evaporating off of the toxic silver sear below, even as his eyes, nostrils and throat began to itch in irritation.

The head kept on cackling, undeterred. 

MORE!

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Kind of an obvious answer," he replied. "But it doesn't exactly solve the problem, does it? We didn't come all the way down here to speak about unity among the refugees."

The medic stepped closer to the precipice. His hand reached for a satchel that wasn't there. 

@Toru Nui@Harvali

IC: Korio, Kanohi Dragon of Loyalty - Mata Nui's Head

The fog was starting to get to Korio, even as he could see the City of Legends come into view. He was so close. So very close. The peak of Builder architecture, free for him to destroy. But even with his anger, the irritation was becoming more intense. Part of him wished for order from Yumiwak, a request to pull back. The other part of him wanted to keep digging.

The beast was frustrated. The beast was determined.

OOC: If Yumi doesn't order Korio to back off he's just going to keep going.

@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

"That can't be right," Jutori said as the mecha-warrior came closer, announcing his full identity. "Barraki Mantax should be dead, shouldn't he? And also not as tall."

He used his element to begin evasive manuevers around the incoming projectiles. The Ba-Toa had observed what seemed to be a mask-switching mechanism built-in to Mantax's body on his approach, allowing him to fight back against Patiwairutiki's winds. Switching masks in the middle of combat? That wasn't fair. Jutori worried about what other Kanohi the mecha-warrior had.

"I think we should target that first and disable it."

@pokemonlover360@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Airship

”Because when I saw you I remembered that you took it. Back in Dume’s office, I didn’t recognize it at first. It was only after Tuyet said what it was that I knew it. I remembered the legends about it and what it can do.

“The Stone is dangerous, Zataka. It needs to be hidden away. If you have it, I’d like to take and hide it so that nobody can ever find it.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: Metru-Nui

"Knichou? Do you read me? I've retrieved Hiripaki, and we're on our way to the Vahki hive."

IC: Knichou, Ehlek's Flying Fortress, Intersection

"Copy that Aurax. Saybo just dropped us off, he may be able to pick you up, over," Knichou responded over the radio as he stood up and began to carefully walk through the other doors.

Knichou carefully walked to the center of the intersection, ensuring they were clear of threats.

"He might have prisoners here, and I don't want to get ambushed or separated, so let's be methodical about this - we'll stick together and clear this place one room at a time."

The commander looked to each of his teammates as he gave out orders decisively.

"Vashni - see if you can feel where people might be. Nale - check for any large magnetic disturbances. Ehlek might be wherever the biggest computers are. Exo-Toa... cover us."

The commander crouched down and his mask began to glow. A strange yellow sphere began to shimmer into existence in front of him, as large as a Matoran. On one side was a blue crystalline plate, and it was evident from the complex glowing wiring underneath the transparent surface that while this device looked like some kind of creature from the archives, it was assuredly artificial.

It dropped to the floor squirming, an abomination of a bohrok fused haphazardly with a shield and a the glowing wiring of a lightstone rifle, as Knichou was distracted by a disturbance nearby. He heard the clattering of mechanical legs, a crying out from someone in pain, and a dangerous-sounding electric discharge. The machine sputtered and quickly died, but Knichou didn't care, he was already moving down the hallway marked 'asylum pre-processing'.

"Nevermind - this way."

Knichou walked with force at a brisk speed. His rifle was raised, the handguard around the barrel pressed against his offhand's forearm for stabilization while he held the obsidian blade in an underhanded grip. The vantablack nanoweapon shifted into a dagger for such close quarters fighting with a firearm in the cramped hallways of this floating fotress.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki's Cockpit - Atop Ehlek's Fortress:

Enemy Mantax appears to possess a kanohi Kadin. Other mask varieties unknown.

I’ve done my own analysis. He has a bunch of weapons, and they can all harm me, so don’t do anything foolish.

Ally Jutori’s analysis is correct. Kanohi-swapping device is a viable weakpoint.

That won’t do any good unless you get him into range.

Barraki Mantax is definitely deceased,” the mechanical enforcer confirmed. “There is a possibility that this Barraki Mantax is not the same Barraki Mantax from before. This unit speculates this Barraki Mantax may be a version from the past, an alternate universe version, or a robot created by Barraki Ehlek. Regardless, the enemy will need to be eliminated.”

As Jutori commanded Patiwairutiki to dodge the incoming projectiles, the machine’s voice rang out from the Kaita ACR’s mouth.

Greetings, Enemy Mantax. Know that this unit is Citizen Pacifcation Unit K1R1 Kilo-M9, short form Kilo, and that this unit already terminated Barraki Mantax previously. This unit is unable to go to the afterlife as requested, but if Enemy Mantax still wishes to fight, then come down here so this unit can terminate you again!”

The winds restricting Mantax’s forward progress immediately ceased, allowing the mech’s earlier momentum to carry it forward. Immediately a strong gravitational hold surrounded the warlord, attempting to turn his forward flight into a crash landing on the fortress’s surface.

OOC: @Tarn@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC RETCON (by request, and user error) Stannis | Tobduk-Koro

Before Stannis had vanished from the midst of the denizens of Tobduk-Koro, he collected Councillor NU by placing his hand on the Vahki's shoulder and then disappeared in a burst of shadow.

The next thing the Mother knew, she was in the company of Nale and the others aboard Ehlek's fortress, there to fight against the Barraki in the final stages of the world's apocalypse. The wizard had granted its wish, as he always did. 

And then Stannis was gone again to see Oreius. 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @BULiK

Edited by EmperorWhenua
The rules aren't clear that this isn't possible, so it must be fine.
  • Like 3

IC: Ulkarr, Achro, Enra, Gnabol, Reckless and Wayward (Irnakk’s Tooth, Nightmare Pits) - Communication Breakdown

"Of course not. We came down here to find those responsible for creating these giant creatures. Behold - they are not here. We must find them. We must correlate data."

"They’re not exactly inconspicuous, these things. Surely, if we look around outside, we’ll pick up a trail. Marks, footprints, paths of devastation left in their wake, stuff like that."

"Look, uh, how about we get outta here? This isn’t a place that provides a calm and clear-thinking atmosphere."

@Tarn@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Ehlek’s Fortress, Intersection) - Search and Destroy

The strange sights and sounds produced by warping through space via whatever means Stannis - presumably, if objects could be taken with him, he could take people so long as he had their consent - were dulled by the sight of Captain Meatsack himself.

"You again. I presume you are also here to terminate Barraki Ehlek?"

@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: NU-8020S (Ehlek’s Fortress, Intersection) - Search and Destroy

The strange sights and sounds produced by warping through space via whatever means Stannis - presumably, if objects could be taken with him, he could take people so long as he had their consent - were dulled by the sight of Captain Meatsack himself.

@BULiK@Tarn

IC: "That's Commander Meatbag to you" Knichou, Ehlek's Flying Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing Hallway

Knichou looked over his shoulder as he felt a sudden appearance of metal behind him. He was about to swing his rifle back towards the interloper when he saw that it was... Caedast? With the malfunctioning Vahki from earlier?

The ex-Ghost wasn't quite sure if it was the adrenaline talking or if he saw Caedast wink at him before she melted back into the shadows.

"Terminate? What kind of cop are you?" the Fe-Toa whispered sharply. He turned around halfway and his left hand pointed at Nale and Vashni with two fingers before turning to point one finger at himself.

"We're Toa: we apprehend... if possible..."

The commander faced the other end of the wallway and marched forwards again.

"Lets move."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

As soon as Viltia had taken her seat Zataka reached for the controls. Her hands came to an easy rest on the yoke and throttle. She increased the frequency of the levitation disks, their hum increasing until the airship gently began to rise. It lifted a few feet into the air and began turning on its vertical axis until the nose was pointed in a southerly direction.

The titan did indeed know her way around an airship. The craft swayed minimally, but compared to Tuyet, Exuze found the takeoff to be an utterly smooth affair. The biggest indication that they had started to move was the rush of air being felt, thanks to the open boarding ramp, since the other Nuva was still aboard.

She hadn’t even thought about the stone since arriving on Zakaz.

:”If what you say is true, then there were only a dozen or so beings who were aware of it. Even fewer knew its true nature - and of those, only a fraction might have a guess as to what became of it. As far as me, you and the rest of the universe are concerned, it was destroyed alongside Dume’s corpse.”:

:”And if an artifact like that still exists somewhere, imagine the damage it could do in the hands of a Nuva.”:

Zataka glanced backwards over her shoulder at Atamai with a knowing look.

:”Now, if we’re done debating hypotheticals, we’ve got somewhere to be and time is running out. Last chance to get off.”:

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @BULiK

In the interest of time, Zataka will indeed start moving the ship with the next post, regardless of the Nui Stone conversation. And that post will also take the characters as close to the Air Suva destination as possible. 

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Whisper - The Caldera

As Whisper took in the scene before her - the familiar sight of the Caldera nearby, a group of beings boarding an airship - an unfamiliar voice interrupted her thoughts.

Whisper, I … I am one of the many Matoran you blessed with an Infected Mask. A Turaga has approached me, she wants to speak to you. She wants to serve you and save the island, but wants to know what your goals are first.

Greetings, little one, she thought back, mildly surprised that this Matoran had figured out how to use the mental connection between them. She hadn't explicitly told Vulimai or any of the other Matoran what the infected masks allowed her to do. Evidently another Aspect had started spilling secrets to someone. My goal is to set myself and my kin free from the cycles that have entrapped us for so many centuries. We seek to live and experience life just as you do. This quest has taken me far afield, and I don't know when I may be able to return.

"Whisper? Is that you?"

"It is," she replied. "It's good to see you, brother. I see I'm not the only one whose path has brought her home at this... tenuous time."

@Harvali @Void Emissary

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC, Atamai: Airship

Imagine what it could do in the hands of a warlord

Atamai nodded to those present. “I am leaving now. Come and find me if you need me.” The NUVA activated his Haonga power and teleported away back to where he had left Malhkuraia near Tobduk-Koro. 

What greeted him was a disturbing sight. 

The Ruins of Stone were destroyed. Atamai had no idea what had happened, but he was sure it was linked to the deactivation of the Air Suva. 

The Administrator could provide an answer. I think he had previously said that his servers were on the Aqua Sphere? Seems like that’s where I’ll have to go

Atamai hopped into his mech and began to make his way toward where the Aqua Sphere was. 

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

Once-Brother, let us do one more adventure together… one last time.

IC: Oreius | The Iapyx, Zakazian Skies

"As if I ever had a choice," Oreius replied through gritted teeth. Without being told, he threw a switch and adjusted their course. The airship began to sail back towards the Kini Nui.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IC: Oreius | The Iapyx, Zakazian Skies

The apology, instead of mollifying the toa, caused a flash of anger to pass across Oreius's face. His hands tightened around the yoke and he glanced back at the wizard with all the fire and rancor one expected of a toa of fire.

"Sorry? For what, 'Stannis'For lying to those who called you friend? For misleading your people? Or for betraying everyone who ever loved you?" Oreius shook his head. "Stop pretending. Not when it's just us. I know what you are. I don't think you can even feel sorrow."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

IC: Korruhn, The Ambling Alp

The group filed into the Alp; a large group for the small ship. But they squeezed in anyway, and soon the air began to be filled with questions and chatter. Korruhn looked forward from his place in the back lounge, with his back to the wall, the large bag on his back brushing the wall (as he couldn't fit in the cockpit while in his ACR), and smiled a subtle smile. As much as he had no clue who these people were, and an apprehension to trust them, Korruhn couldn't help but feel delight at being in a group again, and with his best friend to boot.

"Alright, alright," Korruhn addressed the group. "I know you've all got a lot of questions; but let's start with introductions, as I'm sure we'd all like to know who we're riding to the end with. I am Korruhn, the Cartographer of Ko-Metru. I am familiar with my friend Leklo, of course, the Aspect, Whisper, and I've learned the name of Parnassus; but who might the rest of you be?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Void Emissary @Gecko Greavesy @Toru Nui

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

“What’s happening? What’s happening,” Kas shouted over the chaos as without warning Sorilax fielded his skirmish-sized army of miniature followers. Masses of tethers filled the Elemental Temple of Light as if a child had been given several espressos and a can of silly string.

The few vahki still conscious and in one piece tried their best to fire kanoka disks into the space, but the projectiles were as chaotic and random as the events preceding them, and most resulted in friendly fire. One vahki became a teeny tiny collectible monster truck. Another grew far too large and ended up plugging the only doorway out. Kas dove aside to avoid the ricochet, but a seemingly mild teleportation disk sent him partway into a wall where he appeared with an agonizing scream;

“Make it stop, make it stop!”

But Sorilax was a bit too preoccupied to immediately aid his second to newest mook. With his and Viltia’s duplicates aiding the aged aspect now bound in the frame of a rahkshi tried to repair the tear and reattach the thin, delicate wires to the Ignika that now glowed not only with its own light but the light of Sorilax as well. They struggled and worked quickly as three were of one brooding mind and the other was perhaps sharper still, but none of them were expert engineers. Despite the lack of experience, with unity and several more seconds than a trained professional might take, they succeeded in reattaching the filament-like wires to the mask. It began to float of its own accord. The world seemed to return to some semblance of normal, but wow did gravity hurt.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Nale Vella - Ehlek's Fortress

Nale moved cautiously, shield in front of her, in the direction of the noises they were hearing. The inside of the fortress disturbed her, giving off an oppressive atmosphere the deeper they explored it. Bad things had happened here.

She was surprised by the appearance of NU being delivered by Caedast. With so much happening, Nale had almost forgotten that the Vahki Mother had wanted to come here in the first place. Before any of them could say anything to the Aspect, they were already gone again. Thanks, I guess.

"If possible," Nale said. She doubted this would end with them allowing Ehlek to continue living. She wasn't a fool. Once they reached the Barraki, they wouldn't simply hope to imprison him for his crimes. The moment she had stepped foot in this place, she had felt it. This was a climax.

Someone would walk away, and someone wouldn't.

Nale continued on again with the group, gesturing for NU to follow.

@BULiK@Snelly@Toru Nui@Unreliable Narrator

Triage took note of damage around them--destroyed barricades, scorchmarks in the rock, and part of the precipice leading down into the maw of the volcano seemed to have broken off recently. He also noticed, nearby, lying conspicuously on the ground was a...an arm.

"Well," he said, bringing the group's attention to the lost limb, "there's your trail."

He crouched beside it, once again wishing he had his satchel and the tools inside it with him. The arm had been severed, apparently cauterized at the point of separation. "Whoever were here before us got in a fight. And somebody lost."

@Toru Nui@Harvali

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

1 hour ago, Eyru said:

"Sorry? For what, 'Stannis'For lying to those who called you friend? For misleading your people? Or for betraying everyone who ever loved you?" Oreius shook his head. "Stop pretending. Not when it's just us. I know what you are. I don't think you can even feel sorrow."

IC Stannis | Lapyx, en route to Kini

He was silent again and let Oreius' words sit for a moment. The Maru was right to be upset, absolutely, and there was no defense against the anger of a man who had felt imprisoned by the same person who once was his best friend. Oreius was betrayed by his brother and his heart, and all this because of Stannis' nature. But the argument, while passionate, was not without rebut. When Stannis spoke at last it was calm, measured, and diplomatic... yet very much sincere. “The feeling you are saying I lack is empathy. I do not know that in the same way you do, but I do know you feel loss and pain from my actions. I have felt pain from the thousands of stabs I have taken while fighting wars for others, and I have discovered loss from missing the very same innocent kinship I pushed away myself, and I have lived long past my due to see the people who cared about me suffer in my wake regardless of my intentions. 

"There is no use for pretenses between us, Once-Brother, so yes: Berate me, lambast me, I deserve it—and it is fully within your right—... but the truth is I know I have caused irreparable damages, and for the things I have done do feel sorrow, and I can regret that I have inflicted these wounds while poising as a great man of your kind. There is absolutely nothing I can do that would make it better and it does no good for me to ask for forgiveness—your mercy is far beyond my control—but I will offer my apology regardless. It's... That is all I can control."

He sighed. "Take it... Leave it... The past is done and this cycle is set, no balm or poultice can make the wounds go away, but we can make these scars mean something so that none ever have to be hurt by their aspects again, as I have hurt you."

• Like 3

The infiltrating squad made of up an ex-weaponsmith turned taxi driver turned possible godling, a toa repentant, the team mom chaperone, their trusty Exo-Toa fourth wheel, and the only one with more than a single brain cell brain cell who had literally no brain cells continued down the hallway. They heard the whimper of someone in pain echo from a room down the hallway around a bend to the left and down a small flight of loud metal stairs. They heard the taser deployed again, this time with some semblance of muttered speech softly echoing down the metal hall. 

Only NU understood the words: vahki were speaking in their cryptic language;

"Someone's coming."

"I don't care. Tase again."

Vashni felt three minds close by excluding her squad. One seemed terrified and in pain and exhausted. The other two were nearly identical, and seemed intent on destruction.

Nale could sense a faint electromagnetic pull coming from behind her. It came from the hallway labeled "Laboratory."

OOC: @Snelly, @Tarn, @BULiK, @Toru Nui

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Vashni and Varian - Ehlek's Fortress -

Vashni didn't say it, but she already had a plan to stop Ehlek without killing him, though he would probably wish he was dead after. "I sense three minds...they're close. One is terrified and in pain...the other two have malevolent thoughts..." 

Varian kept to the rear of the group, covering the group in case of an ambush. He was silent, save for his mechanical parts that whirled whenever he took a step. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator, @Tarn, @BULiK, @Toru Nui

IC: Skyra NUVA - Piloting Howai - Kini-Nui -

"Hmmm...well I could try the beam again I guess, not sure if it will work if it needs new parts though..." Well screw it, she was bored anyway, she began to fire her Great Disk beam at the machine again. "I can try kicking it next and see if that does anything." She was joking...probably. 

@Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy @Sparticus147 @Smudge8

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Nale looked over her shoulder towards the source of the pull. "I sense something that way," she said quietly to the group, gesturing towards the hallway marked "Laboratory" with her shield arm. She looked to Knichou. "But...it sounds like someone's in danger ahead." Vashni's mental reading confirmed it.

She didn't feel right abandoning whoever was being harmed ahead of them, but was curious about what this lab might hold. Perhaps Ehlek was at work in it as they spoke. "Should we split the group?"

@BULiK@Snelly@Toru Nui@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Aurax: the sky

Aurax and Hiripaki rose higher and higher into the sky. Eventually the Vahki hive was in view. So was the airship that Saybo was piloting, a giant mech, another giant mech that happened to look like Mantax…

Wait, what?

Aurax blinked. Nope, he was seeing everything correctly. Crazy #### was happening. 

“Sir, I have identified a hole in the hive that Knichou and the others have likely entered through,” OTIS said. 

Aurax nodded. Still guiding Hiripaki, the pair sped up to the hive. When they reached it, they entered through the hole. 

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Ehlek's Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing Hallway

Knichou, having taken point, slowed his pace as he heard the distinctive voices of Vahki. He gave a nod to Vashni. Two probable hostile sapients. One probable victim. Unknown numbers of Vahki. He crept forwards, minding the corner as he rounded it.

Nale's voice stopped him before he could descend the staircase. Split up? But how could he prote-

Trust.

Knichou turned back towards Nale. Optical lock.

"Go if you want. Vashni should go with you. I can handle this and catch up. Use radio, but be mindful he's probably listening."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Nale nodded, tapping the side of her streamlined Kakama. Knichou could handle himself, and she could handle herself. She gestured for Vashni to follow, then headed towards the other hallway, moving cautiously and as quiet as possible. She just hoped splitting up wasn't the wrong choice as she came upon the sign marked "Laboratory" and entered that way.

@BULiK@Snelly@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Ehlek's Fortress, Aslyum Pre-Processing

The Fe-Toa gave his partner a nod and turned back towards his current objective. He stood still and reached out with his element, searching the rooms down the staircase ahead of him for clusters of metal that resembled beings.

If he was going it alone (the automatons were useful, but not reliable) he needed to know what was ahead before he pushed in

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Oreius | The Iapyx, Descending 

The Kini Nui lay before them, white stone gleaming in the late afternoon light. Oreius sighed. The fire, so quickly summoned, seemed to have gone out just as suddenly.

"Let's finish this, then," he said quietly. He reached a hand up and pulled at his shoulder. Felt the weight of Inu on his back. Resigned himself to his fate, whatever it would be.

"All of it. If we can."

• Like 1

IC: Vashni and Varian - Ehlek's Fortress -

Vashni followed Nale, glancing at the laboratory sign as they entered, she had a bad feeling about this.

Of course, Knichou was not alone, even if he felt otherwise. Varian was just behind him. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator, @Tarn, @BULiK, @Toru Nui

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ehlek’s Flying Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing

The gang split up: Vashni and Nale doubled back towards the Laboratory, and Knichou, Varian, and NU made their way forwards towards the sounds of pain. As Varian stood behind Knichou, the toa of iron tried to reach out and sense with his abilities what might await them. He felt twelve entities. Three were moving, and were situated further to his left passed the bend in the hallway. More words he didn’t understand and another whimper of pain as the taser activated. He could smell the burning now. Taser as a descriptor began to seem like an understatement.

Nu understood the words spoken by the vahki;

“They’re close. Three. Should intercept.”

“Don’t care. Again.”

Whimpered cries, the smell of charred flesh, and then a real shout of raw pain. Strangely, Knichou realized the shout sounded familiar. When and where eluded him.

OOC: @Snelly, @Toru Nui@BULiK

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ehlek’s Flying Fortress, Laboratory

Nale and Vashni took the hallway marked Laboratory. It descended gradually and eventually came to a sealed hexagonal doorway. On the right side of the sealed door was a small security terminal that displayed a blinking triangle and an exclamation point. On the bottom of the terminal was a slot for inserting a security card. The grooves in the floor and ceiling seemed to continue through the doorway, as if the track never ended but the door simply slid open when the appropriate security permissions were provided.

OOC:

@Snelly, @Tarn

Although those inside the Elemental Temple of Light would be unable to confirm, the floating district of Mi-Kiri from an outsider's perspective plummeted towards the Ash Barrens like a meteor of divine judgement only to suddenly slow and stop several thousand feet before colliding with the earth. The bottom it cracked open once more from the sudden change in momentum, and a rain of rejuvenating water fell towards the earth. The portions of the Ash Barrens touched by the water reverted to lush grassland and tropical trees.

• Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

Wanting to put a little more distance between herself and the Far Shore portal just in case Skyra's experiment ended explosively, Sidra teleported back into Wairuha's cockpit and powered the mech back up.

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar