Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC Yumiwak & Zai | This land called Zakaz

The dragon eviscerated the Coliseum with ignorant hatred. She did not know why she did what she performed, but out of vitriolic loathing of the things of the Builders she consumed the whole of the edifice with her breath. She was ignorant not just in that she knew not why she did it but because she also did not know what she did. There was no awareness of the significance of her destruction. The dragon was childlike in her tantrum of flame and flicker. 

Kings and warlords fought with their lives for it and ruled vast armadas from the Coliseum's promontory.

Matoran had been given power and paltry purposed in its offices, feeling as thought they could touch Destiny.

Turaga had given counsel many thought as wise from its parapets and media stations and died where they laid in fits of despair. 

Aspects of Makuta and Great Spirits alike had claimed it as their own, in their own ways, each vying to master a story not quite of their own devising. 

Beings had navigated the greatness of an entire Ark from its control panels and piloted an entire score of civilizations through the cosmos, a universe within the infinite nature of realities.

And armies of soldiers and citizens alike had been sequestered in its dungeons and then butchered in its basements, turned to soylent green and fuel for a catastrophic apocalypses. 

This Coliseum, this edifice of malcontent and greatness, was  nothing more than a tree to a logger. Zai knew not the symbol she defiled, only that it required demolition. 

When it fell, it fell as a candle caught aflame. Its protocrete and protosteel walls and stories melted to slag and flowed in a river of viscous liquid into the extant streets and overfull canals that remained of the ruined City of Legends. Masses of steam rose where heated mass struck, filling the cavity of the Ark's head with acrid smoke and tainted fog. Everywhere Zai looked she saw ruin, destruction, and chaos. Flame was everywhere. 

Zai roared, her voice filling the Godhead before being reverberated into the atmosphere, amplified by the resonating chamber of the skull. She roared for no reason, only bloodlust and rage, but in satisfaction of a job that was done. That was finished. 

Metru Nui was gone. Nothing was as it was before. 

And yet...

@Tarn

Nothing was as it was before.

Yumiwak stood on the deck of her flying schooner, watching as the Godhead sunk further into the sea even as it evaporated around it and the light of fires within and without rendered it a blur even from her perspective in the sky. The screeches and cries of her dragons filled the atmosphere with their rage. 

Marrow was antsy. He longed to spread life and flora. It was in his nature, his duty to destroy already satisfied. 

There was chaos of the dragon princess' making. Now was the time to turn the page and start making things the way they were before. She held one of her family's books in her hand and clutched it close to her chest, and cried. The world had been vast and verdant, long ago, until something happened that rendered it a wasteland. She wanted to make it new again. A new cycle, where life flowed freely and green pastures were in every direction.

"Ys," she said at last. "I think I am ready to turn the page. If this is the power to destroy... then I want to create. It's what my ancestors always wanted me to do, and now... I think... it's finally what I want to do as well. I am sorry it took me this long to realize it..."

[Marrow.]

[Do what I know you want.]

[Spread your life-giving power to this land.]

@Gecko Greavesy @pokemonlover360

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

IC: MI-8919-07 and Barraki Ehlek | Ehlek’s Flying Fortress (outside and in)

Beyond the glass pain Nale, Vashni, HIripaki, and Aurax watched as the side of the absolutely massive power generator, the soul burning star and the doors to worlds it consumed, burst into flame with an explosion of shrapnel that scraped deep cuts against the glass. A fifty foot tall machine that looked like an homage to the late Barraki Mantax careened through the exploding wall, slammed into the opposite side and smashed about as it ripped rockets off its chest. Armored plating gave way, exposing the fragile heartlight and wiring inside the chest. Flame caught on the machine’s legs, and smoke filled the air. One of the railguns mounted to the shoulders of the machine was snapped in half. 

Patirwairutiki flew through the flaming hole in the fortress after the mechanical warrior. He found him ready and waiting, his remaining arms clinging to a wall. Too close to fire his remaining railgun, Mantax screamed in fury as he attempted to slot in the mask of accuracy without success. The mechanism had been damaged beyond repair by the randomization and the collisions on the way through over a city block’s worth of metal, glass, and various other construction materials. Desperate, Mantax roared and sent a crackling burst of electricity towards his foe.

The television flickered in the room as the electrical burst beyond the glass affected its display output. When it stabilized it showed Ehlek standing on a dais in an otherwise nondescript room, two cables held close enough together for sparks to arc across the span between them in his mechanical arms. A glint of malice and mania could be seen dancing in his optics. 

“Do you even know what I am, really?” Asked Ehlek. “Do you understand what has happened here? I am a Prime Being, you filthy air-breathers. I was the first of my likeness: the experiment. All six of us were. Oh your people were so pleased to have created rulers for the regions they disdained. We were your buffer from the untamed wilds further away from your sheltered civilization of good little workers who serve the gods of malice. We were your models for perfect integration. Your Great Spirit labeled us a success! They gave us power, and purpose. It was all a lie, a disgusting charade. We were cursed to live as rulers of idiotic, unintelligent lifeforms that were blind to the truth of their own existence. We were blemished by the Order to be unable to speak of the truth. And we have suffered since our creation with our knowledge. We are the villains in this narrative, but only because we have been cast in this dull mockery of a stage play. We are lines on the page because someone wrote us, not because we really lived. You’ll never understand. Never. But go ahead, stand there and call me evil. Call me a villain. It’s the only part for me to play now. I look forward to laughing as your reality shatters.”

Ehlek connected the two wires and the television feed went to black. A cascade of sparks and molten glass rained from the exploding lights in the ceiling. With the sudden loss of light came a deep hum vibrating from below the floor. Something had been accomplished.

Something horrible.

Mini-Viltia could see the bottom of the Flying Fortress opening up, and from it began to descend structures that looked like crystal obelisks. Inside them was a swirling green mist, and the tips of the obelisks pointed towards a shared center. A beam of energy began to charge...

OOC: @Tarn, @Snelly, @EmperorWhenua, @pokemonlover360, @Kal the Guardian, @BULiK, @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

Happy chat.

9 minutes ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Niidak (Irnakk’s Tooth/The Taku)

”Alright, I think I see it,” Niidak said absentmindedly, focusing more on trying to keep the ship from crashing into the mountain. She was grateful to have a co-pilot, as without them she was certain they would’ve already crashed.

”I think I see Acting Captain Triage, too? Should we uh, land?” she asked, hoping the answer wouldn’t be yes. Landing with a ship this large would be much harder than taking off with it.

@BULiK @Tarn

IC: Arnex, Irnakk's Tooth, The Taku, Bridge

"If Berys couldn't land there, you can't," Arnex said. "No offense."

She pulled a lever marked 'boarding ramp'.

"Just pull us close enough for them to jump on."

The Onu-Matoran contacted Rose's turret over the intercom.

"Rose, help them get aboard."

A psionic and sonic roar vibrated throughout the mountainside. Even the Taku felt like it shook. Arnex cradled her head for a few moments.

"What was that? Who is Jojax? Let's make this quick..."

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:Reliable Narrator | Kini-nui

Young Mazor slotted the Krom Sphere in the Wall of Prophecy, and strangely it worked! With an intense burst of energy the sphere began to fill a section of the missing space, as if a proxy for a piece that should be in the place it now rested. 

Katrin Nuva Proxima brought her fragment to the wall as well. It fit! The world became a little more normal as mountains returned and oceans receded. 

OOC: @Smudge8 Hey apologies for missing this until now, but at that time the island would have regained one map’s worth of territory. The Krom Sphere was always a proxy option. Also The Ultimo scorp nice job getting that makoki stone fragment back to Kini-Nui… again. XD

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Elemental Temple of Light

With - Mahrika, Bellicus Kastus, One, Two, Sala

Thank you, my friend.

Sorilax beckoned over and opened the spine of one of his Life Creation duplicates. He grabbed the duplicate Two from inside.

This is Life itself, poured through mortal form.

He placed the Kraata inside the ACR. Next he held up Life Creation Viltia’s mask, the Golden Kanohi she had spent so long and hard on making.

This is Creation formed. The boundless wrestled into shape.

He placed the Kanohi inside the ACR, which he then closed.

And this is Avagah.” He traced a hand along its frame, remembering the many, many years he had spent roaming around Zakaz and studying the lifeforms on it with this ACR as his protection and backup body.

It is a representation of Time, for it has weathered through the years with great resilience. It has always stood at my side or protected my body no matter the decades that sought to wear it down.

Together, these three things represent the impossible made manifest. A combination of the forces of the world itself.

Sorilax gave the order to the Life Creation him he had taken the duplicate Two from. The duplicate him nodded, knowing exactly why this must be done. Then the duplicate, fully Sorilax and yet not quite, remotely possessed the Ignika and gave his freshly made life to activate it.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Harvali

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku (Ball Turret)

Rose suddenly became restless, aiming the turret around wildly.

"FIGHT? DID SOMEONE SAY FIGHT?!"

She leapt excitedly from the turret, albeit disappointed by Arnex's order.  Who was asking for a fight, then? Whatever. Rose made her way to the boarding ramp and took position, awaiting those at Irnakk's Tooth.

@BULiK

IC: Nale Vella - Ehlek's Fortress

Nale raised her arm to shield herself from the falling sparks and glass, her adaptive armor and Kraata both working to protect her from harm. She glared at the black screen. ###### monologues.

"I don't care if he's right," Nale replied to Hiripaki. "He's doing something. Something we need to put a stop to, now."

"We just need to get to where he is, first."

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vashni - Ehlek’s Flying Fortress -

"If we don't stop Ehlek it's over for everyone." With that in mind, Vashni reached out with her powers to search for Ehlek's mind, pushing her powers to the limit to expand her range. "I'll find him if it kills me..." 

@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua@Unreliable Narrator@Tarn

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Skyra NUVA  - Timeline C - Great Telescope -

Skyra cocked her head at Nuju, what did he mean by distracted? "Well basically searched for Stannis here to see if he could help us, but he's also at a loss, so we came to find you...cause to be honest I'm completely out of ideas here." 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator 

IC: Berys, Irnakk's Tooth, On Top Of The World

The Le-Matoran murmured, wobbling on the verge of consciousness. He held onto the rocks around him for dear life... the rocks... the scales... the warmth... not lava...

The air... fresh...

Roaring winds...

Unprocessed air...

Berys was flying.

Was he... dead?

Did he fail to save Triage?

Was that light the -

no that was definitely the sun. ow.

A half-broken berys clung to Jojax's head, struggling to keep his eyes open.

He was alive but not yet free of danger. His fight was not finished.

Jojax's master hoarsely whispered, but she could feel his thoughts with her powers.

"must... fight... mountain..."

"Save... t-tr-"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

4 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: NU-8020S (Ehlek’s Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing) - Heart of Steel

NU-8020S stared at Nuparu in incomprehension. "I... do not understand. You died. There were witnesses. You were assassinated by Dark Hunters in Onu-Metru in broad daylight. I..."

A long pause.

"I will not let them hurt you. I promise."

Whatever Knichou thought didn’t matter. She was alive. Why else would these feelings hurt so much? Despite her superior computer brain, she didn’t have time to process them all. In all the world, there wasn’t time enough.

IC: Nuparu | Ehlek's Flying Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing

"You are kind," Nuparu said with a sad smile. "That is new to me. I'm sorry that you don't understand, but I don't either. You all think I am some amazing engineer, and maybe one day I can be, but all I know is I just finished my apprenticeship and then I was snatched by machines that look like you and brought here. I've been recycled so many times. I don't even remember now everything I used to know. All I know is that I don't know. Take me with you, please" Nuparu said as he looked between the turaga and the vahki squad mother. 

"Wherever you're going has to be better than here."

OOC: @BULiK, @Toru Nui

• Like 2

Happy chat.

38 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Nuju | Timeline C, the Great Telescope

"And you are," Nuju asked the newcomer who spoke first.

IC Stannis Prime | Great Telescope, Mata Nui | Timeline C

"I am Toa Stannis Maru, the Wanderer and master of the Legend."

• Like 2

IC: Jojax-Irnakk's Tooth

Jojax paused for a moment, trying to decipher her master's commands. Then she looked at the ground beneeth her feat.

"Jojax Fight Mountain!!!!"

The masive Kaiju began to turn around. Her long tail loomed over all those still standing on the mountainside. She turned to face back into the volcano and let out another mighty roar before tearing into the mountain with the fury of a thousand toa. tearing up chunks of rock with her claws and throwing them down the mountain side with her Telikenetic abilities.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Berys, Irnakk's Tooth, A Leaf On The Wind

A comforting strap slid loose as Jojax swung around. A satchel was flung off in a wide arc, bouncing against the cliffside before coming to rest near the piles of skulls marking an entrance to Irnakk's tooth. Hopefully nothing important was inside.

OOC: @Tarn

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

"Wait..." Skyra looked at Stannis' mask more closely. "...you've had the mask I've been looking for this whole time!?" 

• Like 1

IC: Irnakk, Great Spirit of Nightmares | Irnakk’s Tooth

As Jojax crawled the the erupting volcano and roared their triumphant return, they then immediately did the first thing no one would expect but everyone immediately would realize they should have expected:

The tahtorak attacked the mountain

With a roar and blasts of psionic energy Jojax began leveling the sacred mountain of the Skakdi, until with an equally bestial roar the god of Nightmares at last appeared upon the plane of the Time Between Time. 

“You! Have! Made! Me! Mad!” Irnakk yelled. He stood the height of his foe, and his chains of flame whipped outwardly towards the destructive tahtorak.

“You are my toy! You serve me! Attack them, destroy them,” Irnakk said and pointed to the south towards the valley of the builders and their sacred temple of Kini-Nui. It would be a day’s travel for a matoran to walk from Irnakk’s Tooth to Kini-Nui, but for a tahtorak? Not long at all.

OOC: @Smudge8

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - Irnakk's Tooth Exterior

The medic heard a sound as he was busy despairing. Looking up, he saw his satchel had landed close by. He scrambled over to it. His satchel! And if it was fine, then that meant-!

"Berys?!"

Behind him, Triage could hear the Taku approaching. He waved them down excitedly.

@BULiK@Daniel the Finlander

IC: Datrox - Timeline C, Great Telescope

Datrox glanced to Atamai, not saying a word of Skyra's intelligence, then looked to Stannis. "I knew you could help us after all. I don't know...what that mask does, but, come on. The woman's existence depends on it."

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki's Cockpit - Inside Ehlek's Fortress:

Weak spots revealed on target. Sending tactical data to Ally Jutori.

Enemy Mantax does not appear to recognize this unit.

Jogging target’s memory...

Patiwairutiki flew through the hole their enemy had made. All three minds knew that it was time to end this conflict once and for all. In front of the machine, Mantax screamed. To the side, its allies, Nale and Vashni stood, along with some less important people. Whatever was happening with them could wait. The current mission was all that mattered.

That was the efficient way to deal with things.

Screaming will prove ineffective,” the mechanical enforcer said to the reborn warlord. “As with the previous engagement, Enemy Mantax has been undone by the same honorable code as before. Your allies did not care, and let Enemy Mantax perish out of fear from interfering.”

Patiwairutiki hefted the claymore as the mechanized NUVA continued. “Enemy Mantax has remained the same, alone and unable to grow. This unit has changed. True, this unit is still bound by code, but not by purpose. This unit has found others to protect, not due to programming, but trust. This unit has allies that will help when requested.”

Every muscle in the ACR’s battered limbs tensed with all the strength they could muster.

I am Kilo-M9 NUVA. Know that even as we duel I am not alone. Now let this be the end of your blight on this world!

At its pilot’s command, the claymore raced forward, the forces of air, gravity, and the machine’s own will letting it cross the gap in moments. The last ditch lightning caught onto the metal of the blade, only sending the Barraki’s attack right back to him. As it had been in the Archives, so too was it now that the blade raced for Mantax’s head.

OOC: @Tarn@Kal the Guardian@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Nuju | Timeline C - The Great Telescope

Nuju nodded and retracted his hand. He started the the Stannis of this world and considered what was different. The answer surprised him: not much.

"Stannis of this land, I will spare you the trouble of deceit. I wish you ill intent. I wish to take your mask back to where it belongs and destroy it so you may never access the Time Between Time again. You have caused ruptures and rifts throughout realities. You have destroyed  timelines with brazen disregard for the lives of those who exist within them. I have hunted you for a long time. I will ask nicely once, and please understand I mean this with the utmost respect for your world that has fallen apart when I say this: give us back what was stolen. Return the mask of The Legend."

OOC: @Snelly, @EmperorWhenua, @Tarn, @~Xemnas~

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

2 minutes ago, Tarn said:

I don't know...what that mask does, but, come on. The woman's existence depends on it."

IC Stannis Prime | Great Telescope, Mata Nui | Timeline C

"And my whole universe depends on my judicious decision making. You'll understand why I am reticent to do anything to endanger it."

And then Nuju spoke clearly, plainly declaring what he intended, and the Wanderer understood. 

"No."

• Like 2

Niidak would’ve breathed a sigh of relief if a terrible roar didn’t echo from the mountain. Not only that, but she still had to fly closer to the cliffs, close enough for people to hop on board. She pressed a button which she guessed would open the ramp, took a deep breath and slowly guided the ship closer. Triage was already waving to them.

More terrifying noises came from above. She had a bad feeling about this.

@BULiK @Tarn

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

Jutori took control of the mech's gun arm, aiming it directly at Mantax's chest as the claymore came down upon his head. The Ba-Toa was never very skilled with words, but did his best in the moment of finality as he fired.

"What he said!"

@pokemonlover360@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Jojax-Irnakk's Tooth- VS. IRNAKK!!!!!

Irnakk burst forth from the volcano in all his glory and whipped his painful chains out towards his creation. They scratched her skin and didn't do any real damage (this time) but it hurt like the cold fires of Karizahni.

"JOJAX MAD TOO!!! YOU NO BOSS JOJAX!!!!"

In fury Jojax propelled herself off of the rim where she was standing and lept to tackle Irnakk with her full force.

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Arnex, Irnakk's Tooth, The Taku, Bridge

Arnex was in awe at the sight of a tahtorak ripping and tearing into the volcano.

"Mata Nui..."

• Like 1

IC: Vulimai & Bronk (Tobduk-Koro)

Guilt, shame, and defeat filled Vulimai's mind as she sat on the coastal cliffs near Tobduk-Koro. She had failed her charges, and in a way where she couldn't have done anything about it. She had brought them hope, a home, a purpose, but that had swiftly been destroyed. Though no lives were lost during the evacuation of Kini-Koro, it was clear that whatever high-hopes, whatever spirits that were beginning to build within the Matoran and the other residents of the village, had been crushed upon their new home being so easily devastated by forces she was powerless to stop.

She was powerless.

She could be given all the titles in the world; sergeant, captain, commander, Akiri even. But it wouldn't change the truth she knew. She wasn't a soldier who had fought in countless conflicts. She was just a pained and trauma-broken Matoran, who had witnessed more conflict than she should have and has lost more than she could ever bare. She wasn't a strong Toa nor a wise Turaga, she was nothing in the grand schemes of everything around her, waiting to be snuffed out. Like her old comrades, like her home...like her love.

"Thus seat taken?" The gruff voice of Bronk sounded out next to the Commander, catching her attention as she looked up towards them. Taking a seat next to her, Bronk sat silent for several moments before speaking. "It's uh shame whut happened tuh thuh village. But we can rebuild, like we did with Metru-Koro an' Kini-Koro. We'll rebuild and we'll be prepared for thuh next time."

"You really think we could survive the next time? It seems every time something starts to go right, something far worse comes to bring it all down."

A few more seconds of silence passed before Bronk spoke again. "Then I guess we do nuthin' and let thuh world end." "Heh, wow, really?" "Well, yore words. Not mine." Vulimai's brief bemused smile turned into a sullen one again as she looked out towards the sea, with the only sound being the lapping of waves.

"I'm sorry...I failed you, all of you." Vulimai suddenly said, curling in on herself as she brought her legs to her chest and her arms around her knees. Bronk pondered her words and his next ones before at last speaking. "You didn't fail us. Yore just one person, one person who I respect an' care 'bout an' hav' spent more than enough time tuh know when yore hurtin'. You didn't fail us Vulimai.....An' you didn't fail him either." Bronk said, holding out her notebook. Taking it, she looked at it for a few moments before Bronk reached over and flipped it open. Instantly his name was there.

For several seconds, Vulimai stared at it, not able to formulate a single word, as tears simply ran down her mask. And then, she closed her optics and set the book next to herself, and got up. "Thank you Bronk, I think...I needed that." The gruff Onu-Matoran nodded his head as he got up as well. For a few moments they stood, awkwardly, till Vulimai leaned in for a tight hug, which Bronk gladly reciprocated. After that, Vulimai smiled as she strode towards Tobduk-Koro with a renewed purpose...

. . . A purpose that would never come.

IC: Apex (Kumu)

Apex, one so mighty, so powerful, so prideful...now crawled and dragged herself lamely and weakly. She had reached her limits. Though Aspects were immortal beings, they still needed dreams, belief, and wishes to live, and the dreams of green pastures, the belief in clear waters, the wish of natural beauty...were gone. It was clear now her end was here, no matter how much she wanted to fight it. In fact, her end was long overdue.

The only thought that languished in Apex mind was that she failed to achieve her wish, her purpose. When she escaped that cave, she had desired nothing but vengeance and wrath upon the Skakdi, so filled with hatred she was. But that hatred was hollow. It did not give her satisfaction, it was not to make her content, and it was never to make her whole. No, what she languished was that she had not been able to look upon her home, the one she remembered, for one last time.

She was to die, only faintly knowing of the vast green forests that she had helped cultivate from seeds, of vaguely feeling the gentle tides of the oceans where she swam amongst the reefs, of only wishing to be one with just majesty and beauty. 

She could not cry, for it was not in her nature or capacity to do so. But she could wail, as her sorrowful sonnet sounded out across the dead land, as her spirit left her mortal vessel, and was once more taken by the wailing winds. She was more taken by the cycle of life...and death.

IC: Drukarus (The shores of Rigger's Bay)

Washing up on the shore, revealed amongst the sea form, was a corpse. Or what will be a corpse as the Ba-Skakdi heaved and coughed out gouts of water and his own silver blood, it splattering on his chest as he laid on his back. He was dying, Drukarus knew, he was dying and there was no saving him. His right arm and shoulder was broken, stabs and cuts marked his legs and lower abdomen, and bruises marred the rest. Even if he hadn't drowned, he was a dead Skak.

Looking up at the sky, Drukarus smiled as his eyes beheld the beautiful, beautiful stars. He remembered his nights on his Zakaz, where he would just look up at the stars, to recognize and recount the great feats of great Skakdi of old. Tales he still remembered, tales he now wondered whether he would now join, that some Skakdi will look up into the night sky and see the constellation of Drukarus, the last true warlord of Zakaz.

He laughed at the thought before wincing and gasping with pain. It seemed like one of his ribs had finally broken off, the jagged end of it piercing into his lungs. His time was nearing he knew, and there was nothing he could do. As he realized this, a deep sorrow filled Drukarus' being, not of having failed in reuniting his people, in bringing them a peaceful home. But a deep sorrow at another lost that struck him so deeply and resoundly. He was going to die, having never met them again; having seen their face, or hearing their voice, or feeling their warmth. He was going to die, having never seeing his one true partner ever again.

As Drukarus' heartlight ebbed and faded, a singular tear rolled down his face, as he accepted his end, hoping that he might just be spared from Irrnak's cold and callous embrace.

IC: Gore Fury (Near What Once Was Fort Nektann)

The smell of cooking stew floated about the small ramshackle camp that was formed by the surviving Skakdi, by those few who survived the verdant massacre at their once home and stronghold. Though Gore kept his grin, the Skakdi, consisting of men, woman, and skaklets looked dour and solemn. After a lifetime of raiding, of looting, of pillaging, of inflicted lost upon all those around them, they too now knew what it felt like to lose something, and it ached their heartlights. And it ached Gore's to see it too.

Gore wanted to joke, to jibe, to raise the spirits of everyone here. But he knew to do so would be cruel, callous, and cold. Things that one might associate with a Skakdi. But not Gore. In the end, there was only one thing he could do, and that was to be kind. Taking the bowls he was able to smuggle out of the fort, Gore began to fill them up with stew and pass them around, ensuring that each Skakdi had one. Though the stew was meager, it was warm, a stark contrast to the cold desert night, and it filled the spirits of many with something that could be attributed with hope as Gore gladly served everyone as much as he could. 

By the end, all of the Skakdi were well fed and content enough to smile, a few even talked in soft tones. It made Gore grin, even as his empty stomach grumbled, but he didn't mind, for what was one night without food compared to one night without joy. As Gore grinned, the sound of a radio crackling to life occurred as many of the Skakdi turned their heads towards it, curious who was left to broadcast such a message.

IC: The Gadunka (RNN Radio Barge)

* Why...hello there, everyone. I know it has been...awhile since I, the...Oh who am I kiddin'. Dis is Denku, da voice of da Gadunka. An' well, I'm leavin' Xakaz. Fer gud. I know dat may sound bad, an' it is, an' I'm sorry. But...*

A choking sound came from the otherside of the radio, like someone trying to suppress sobs before the voice continued.

* I just.....before I go, I just wanted ta tell all of y'all, just how much y'all mean ta me, because ya do. I would not be the Skak I am today, if it wasn't for ya lot. I am proud ta have called myself da Gadunka an' ta be heard an' loved by so many people, and I thank y'all for that. I love ya and I'm goin' ta miss ya... *

* But, before I'm gone fer good. Here's one last song fer ya, a classic, to really set us off on a high note. Dis is Denku, once da Gadunka, signin' off. *

Stepping away from the radio, turning it off the speakers. Denku staggered out of his cabin, tears on his face as he made his way towards his spot in the sun as it slowly began to slid behind the head in the distance. He had realized a while ago why the horrible feeling in his head wouldn't go away, even with all the tragedy that had happened over the last few months. It's because it wasn't a warning, it was a ticking clock, and he knew it was nearly up.

Everyone was going to die he knew, and that hurt him so much now, knowing that he was going to die alone...but he could at least take solace in one thing. That even though he was going to die alone, he was going to die loved and known. And that, and the last of his booze, was the best comforts he could get at the moment.

• Like 1

IC: Miserix | The Winding Walk of the Mangaia

Stannis passed her in pilgrimage, and she scowled as best a shadow with three oily eyes could scowl. She watched him leave in fury, unable to stop him, and unable to learn from his actions.

Time spiraled for her. It had been spiraling for so long.

A matoran approached in the infinity of stars. He had walked the first three steps alone, alive, and in bitterness.

“Hello,” said Grime.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - Irnakk's Tooth Exterior/Taku (Bridge)

Upon hearing more terrible sounds coming from the volcano, Triage rushed to the ship and leap to the ramp. It almost seemed like he would miss and fall in his panic, but a large red arm grabbed him and pulled him aboard, satchel safely in tow.

"Welcome back, doc."

"You don't realize...how happy I am to see you for once, Rose."

"Yeah, yeah. Come on in, Triage."

With that, she almost flung the medic into the cargo bay. Triage got to his feet and ran to the bridge. "Berys is inside the volcano, there's...oh, wow."

He was interrupted by the sight of the monster fight through the ship's windshield. He took his seat, satchel held tightly to his chest.

@BULiK@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Arnex

"What do you mean inside the volcano? How?!?? There might not be any volcano left soon!" Arnex said, pointing to the kaiju. A speck of green dangled from its forehead.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Nuju was looking at Skyra expectantly, did...did he really expect her to fight Stannis of all people? One of the few people she actually respected? Sure he wasn't exactly the same as the Stannis she knew but...

"No, you know what? No! #### that! This might be really out of character for me, but I refuse to fight you Stannis! I can't endanger an entire other universe just to save my own. There's gotta be some kind of comprise here!"

Skyra got a bit closer to Stannis and looked him right in the eyes. "Can your mask send us home? Or at least do something useful here?"

The acting captain was on board, but Niidak wasn’t sure about the rest of the suicide squad, so she let the ramp remain open for a little longer. While she waited, Triage came to the bridge. She thought the words ’Berys is inside the volcano’ would’ve been followed by ’and is dead’, but the Toa was interrupted.

For a moment, Niidak thought the volcano was erupting, before she saw the giant monster. Clearly, the suicide squad must’ve awakened some terrible evil.

”Should I, uuh, close the ramp and get us out of here, or what?” 

@BULiK @Tarn

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

1 minute ago, Snelly said:

"Can your mask send us home? Or at least do something useful here?"

IC Stannis Prime | Great Telescope, Mata Nui | Timeline C

"I can send you where I know to put you, and if that is where you came from, then that is where you will be," the Wanderer said, warily glancing at Nuju's spectral form as he stepped away from them entirely and sought to disengage. "My duty is with my people and world. I can wish you the best with yours."

He inhaled deeply and gathered the strength to utter his litany in front of these people, and hen he provided the rite this Stannis knew so well. "Gather now, and hear the story of the Great Spirit and of all things..."

• Like 2