Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

Knichou crossed his arms and shook his head while the two NUVA responded.

"What the Karz are you talking about? One untethered supposedly got lost and found it's way in your swamp village, and because you killed it, the God of death himself has done nothing with his entire undead army for over a month? That's such a stretch, I still don't buy it."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Parnassus | Beyond Fort Nektann

Parnassus whirled at the sound of Caedast's voice -- his true voice -- and saw their cousin standing there, just at the edge of their shadow. He stood casually, as though he had just wandered off from a tour of the desert. The Aspect had heard of things such as this ... of the ability to step between shadows, even across the entire island. Would that Parnassus had known where Caedast had come from. And where he would return to...

They tossed a small object over to Caedast. Specks of blood flew from it and its arc, speckling the golden sand.

"Did you find your temple?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

23 hours ago, BULiK said:

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Lower Deck

"It's fine," Arnex responded. "You're new here anyways. Something to keep in mind in the future."

"Does your wife want a tour or something? We seem to be giving a lot of those lately."

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Skyra glanced at Rose before looking back at Arnex. "Yes." 

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Toru Nui

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

"Who's to say he has been doing nothing for a month? I have a feeling that he's been doing more than what we know about. Not to detract from your accomplishment, Sidra, but I think that when you defeated that Untethered you spoke of, it was likely just a setback for Mata Nui. He may be craftier than we realize."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

She can travel through time? Aurax thought to himself. That stood out to him. 

And then he got an idea. 

"Hmmm, you know what, Tuyet, I think I'm inclined to help you. I'll provide you with an airship and a couple Vahki." He raised a finger. "On one condition. When you find Axonn and take him back to his own time, I want you to bring something back for me. I'm sure that taking objects through time wouldn't be much of a challenge for you."

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira stared at the fortress for a moment. "Very well. Let us find out who and what is inside," she said. She led Cravious and the rock over to the cliff where the tower jutted out. When they reached it, she used her control over shadow to create a set of shadowy steps, like she had done at the caldera. "Wait here for us," she said to the rock. She motioned for Cravious to follow her, then began to make her way up to the tower's entrance.
OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Obsidian Tower

With - Whira

Cravious dutifully followed along, optics constantly scanning the tower as they grew closer. Layer by layer, room by room, he used his X-Ray and Telescopic Vision to search out the interior of the space.

It was an imposing place, sculpted from the very rock itself, but it was just a place. Hopefully. If another god of nightmares resided here, he wasn’t sure what he might be forced to do.

Well, if he didn’t see anyone, at least his Kraata would let him know if there was a mind nearby and he would have a little bit of warning at least.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

"Who's to say he has been doing nothing for a month? I have a feeling that he's been doing more than what we know about. Not to detract from your accomplishment, Sidra, but I think that when you defeated that Untethered you spoke of, it was likely just a setback for Mata Nui. He may be craftier than we realize."

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro, Bunker Entrance

"Okay, let's presume that somehow, Mata Nui is alive and he's been doing whatever it is he does for the past month in secrecy, okay? What the Karz can any of us do about that? Do you even have a plan for how you find out what a great spirit is up to? Entire Metrus of philosophers, scientists, and archivists spent millennia trying to discern his plans from a variety of sources and came up with nothing useful. At the very least, Stannis is using this as an excuse to find new ways to kick Aspect ### in case we need to. I don't know what either of you are proposing."

Knichou sighed and raised a hand to his forehead, irritated at how these conversations tended to repeat.

"Look, I get that you want to help but I can't help but think you're grasping at straws. You two shouldn't be worried about hokey religions and ancient artifacts - your machines are literally built for slaying the physical monsters out there," the Nynran continued, pointing out towards the south. "Our best shot is to prepare for the threats that we know we can defend against: Aurax's League, the native Skakdi, the feral ones, those beasts, et cetera. If Mata Nui is alive and reveals himself, then we can plan on how to defend the Matoran from him. Anything else is pure conjecture at this stage."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Niidak carefully entered the room, which looked similar to many other rooms in other towers she had explored. The entire Junk Fields reminder her mostly of Ko-Koro, which she knew had been a place of research and study. Yet instead of making experimental weapons or other such technologies (that she could sell easily on this savage island), the Matoran seemed to have spent most of their time studying the stars. Clearly that is why Metru-Nui ultimately fell and why she ended up stranded here, far from home. As a Vortixx, she knew that science which was not used to develop tools of death was a waste of time, and these ruins were a testament to this. It is just a shame that she had to suffer for their folly.

Nevertheless, she explored the room thoroughly, desperate to find something valuable. Soon enough, she did find an emergency kit in relatively good condition, which was better than nothing. But it wasn't enough for her, so she approached the closed door and tried to open it.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Do you want to see?" Sidra said quietly to Knichou. "I could show you. What we faced. What we did. It was no ordinary untethered."

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Knichou was surprised by Sidra's hushed tones. For as dismissive and borderline belligerent as Knichou had been (Justifiably so, mind you - Sidra had been the last thing standing between him and saving the universe, after all) the engineer expected more pushback. Perhaps he had been speaking to Ostrox too much.

Something about Sidra speaking quietly with such dead seriousness convinced the Fe-Toa more than he had previously believed just how dedicated the NUVA was to cooperating, even given her numerous past mistakes. The ex-Ghost couldn't forgive her - he still doubted he ever would - but at the very least her tone was showing proof of what the Nynran had heard through the Bula-vine over the past month - she was an ally now, to some degree. For now, knowing Dark Hunters.

"I would like to, but I can't go down there to check the body, I still have business in Kini-Koro. Too many meetings, that's my life now."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Conway said:

They tossed a small object over to Caedast. Specks of blood flew from it and its arc, speckling the golden sand. "Did you find your temple?"

IC Stannis | Far North Wastes

The object flipped through the air and Stannis reached up to catch it. He failed and fumbled, however; while his eyes were good his reflexes were not fast, a cost he had paid for his age. He studied the yellowish object as it spashed into the sand at his feet and writhed in postmortem pulsation and realized immediately what had happened. He gently picked it up, caking care not to traumatize the flesh further, and paced sluggishly from where he stood towards the awaiting figure of Parnassus.

His gaze lifted at the younger Aspect. What had transpired was coming into view then. He saw the bloodied hand, the trembling fingers that still grasped at a ghostly knife that surely had carved the heart from its owner's chest. From Barius' chest. It was the second time Stannis held a king's heartlight in his hand, and it was no less impactful than the first, though this time... it wasn't as expected. Parnassus and Drukarus were meant to be camerlengos to the Warskaks, checks and balances to Barius' warlust and Nektann's legacy, not usurpers to the bloody clan. And yet, wasn't it exactly what was bound to happen anyway? People—of djinn and flesh alike—were bound to explore the boundaries of what was possible as their desires ached and grew. It was only a matter of time until someone decided it would suit them best to take action. Only for that to happen it would take both Drukarus and Parnassus to work in tandem, and this came at a cost of their sanity. They, after all, could feel what others thought. They, after all, could feel pain more profoundly than anyone. And still, they had killed Barius. 

It was their choice, he supposed. It was within their abilities. And Fate would have its way with them. 

"Parnassus, cousin," Stannis said, shedding the illusions of clarity and light and charging his tone to more closely reflect the djinn spirit just beneath his skin, "the means by which I will reach the temple is already en route." He handed the heartlight back to the other. "This is meant to be offered to me in ceremony, not thrown with spite. You are angry; you are frightened. What exactly transpired?"

@Conway

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

With her conversation with Vulimai concluded, the Aspect turned away and began drifting off in the direction of the portal that led to the Ice Ruins. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The body? No, I meant sharing the memory. We burned all of the bodi- no, sorry, I really didn't explain this very well," Sidra realised. "When you say Untethered, you're probably thinking of one walking corpse. Maybe a few fused together. What attacked my village... until you told me just now that there are more Untethered still in the moat... I genuinely thought it was all of them."

She let that sink in for a moment, before continuing. 

"What attacked us was hundreds of people and rahi and who knows what else, all tangled together. It could teleport, it could read minds, it drained the life from every living thing it touched to make itself stronger. It spoke with all of their voices, but there was a single mind behind it all. I've spent weeks trying to understand what the karz it was... and a Great Spirit who feeds on death is the first suggestion I've heard that actually makes sense." 

@BULiK @~Xemnas~

• Like 6

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Oh... I see."

Knichou took a moment to digest this revelation.

"Might have been easier if you just lead with that information. This is the closest thing to actual evidence that Mata Nui is alive, and yet none of the three people who've been telling me he is today have even heard of it. Why haven't I been told about this incident? Does Vulimai know? Why the Karzahni did they attack your swamp village?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise we were under some unspoken obligation to inform you folks of everything that happens in our hidden settlement," Sidra snapped. "Do you want to hear about every bad storm and rahi attack we've had as well? Until five minutes ago I thought we'd incinerated all of the Untethered; I didn't realise it was important."

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro, Bunker Entrance

There it was.

The fiery spirit he had been expecting to hear again.

The anger of a soldier of fortune ready to give her life to stop a salvation she didn't understand.

Knichou leaned back slightly, crossing his arms as an unamused frown materialized on his face.

"There's a reason unity is a virtue and secrecy isn't. Even if you had incinerated every untethered, that would still be important, wouldn't you say?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

"To Karzahni with your virtues. They're his virtues, remember? If what I faced out in the swamp really was him, then I promise you the kind of unity he wants isn't what you think it is." She paused for a moment, considering her words. "For what it's worth, the secrecy wasn't my choice. I certainly don't have any objections to it, and I won't betray it, but it wasn't my idea. The fact that a few-dozen refugees of a half-dozen different races chose to make a hidden home in the heart of one of the least hospitable parts of the island, rather than join one of the other refugee camps, should tell you just how disillusioned they are with the old universe and its rules."

• Like 3

Knichou admitted to himself that perhaps the murderer of the leader of Matoran civilization wasn't as appreciative of their traditions, and that line of argumentation was lost on her. Other tactics were in order, then.

"If they think they can hide in plain sight from this island's threats, they're mistaken," the exile retorted. "After all, despite all their efforts Mata Nui found them anyways. If the citizens of 'Le-Metru Nuva' continue to cut themselves off from the wider world, well, they're putting themselves at risk, and that's their choice. But when the monsters of the old world or the new one find them alone, they will eventually be overwhelmed, one by one."

The Nynran sternly continued, displaying an expression that communicated the exhaustion of repeating himself.

"As for the virtues, I don't care who said them first - you can't deny that a united civilization is stronger, that keeping information in the shadows will only aid those who seek to divide and conquer any survivors of the collapse. Secret plotting and distrust is what lead to this entire situation in the first place."

• Like 1

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"We burned Mata Nui's abomination to ash, and peacefully drove away a Tahtorak," Sidra countered. "In the same night. Before we allied with the Aspect of Nature. Before I got NUVA, and my mech. So whatever you make of our decision to sequester ourselves, please don't doubt our ability to protect our own." 

• Like 2

While initially he was fascinated by the idea of this village's potential, the more time Knichou spent around the oddballs from Le-Metru Nuva, the less he wanted to visit. He had lived in a secretive manufacturing cult before, and it didn't help much of anyone in the old world. If they didn't share their knowledge then when the new world's threats emerged again, they would be just as useless as the Ghosts were when the League arrived.

"Enjoy your tribe, then," Knichou remarked. "Just don't be surprised when you don't know what's going on in the world or can't find allies when you need them if your village keeps shutting itself in," the Fe-Toa continued without a hint of irony in his voice.

"Is that all? This conversation is rapidly going nowhere. Mata Nui is dead, but if somehow he wasn't, now he's extra dead, and there are no leads to follow up on. That about sum it up to you two?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

"If Mata Nui is the Untethered... and if some part of him still lives... then he's a threat to all of us, an even greater threat than the riteborn," she glanced up at Atamai in his mech, "Forget what I said earlier, the volcano isn't going anywhere. I think tomorrow, once we're recovered, we should go stomp out whatever's left of Mata Nui in that moat." 

• Like 2

IC: Varian - Kini-Nui -

The machine didn't know how long he had been walking. Hours...days...weeks...it was rather meaningless when you were incapable of becoming tired. You may find it strange that a machine such as Varian could lose track of time, but Varian was no ordinary Exo-Toa. He wasn't sure why himself, but he was sure that at one point, he was not in the form he now possessed. His memories had been robbed from him, that much he was certain. 

Even his recent memories seemed to have become hazy, he remembered traveling with Zak-Yak and some others, but there was a gap where he could remember nothing, and Zak-Yak was nowhere to be found. He found himself in an unfamiliar place, and after some pondering had simply started walking in a random direction. 

Perhaps he was damaged somehow, he wondered if that was why his memory seemed to be faulty. Whatever the reason, seeking someone who could properly do maintenance on his body was his number one objective. It was about here than Varian noticed a massive airship that was parked in the distance, and his scanners detected lifeforms nearby. He started moving a bit quicker towards it. 

Eventually Varian could hear bits and pieces of what seemed to be an argument between some Toa and a species he lacked data on. 

Mata Nui is dead, but if somehow he wasn't, now he's extra dead, and there are no leads to follow up on. That about sum it up to you two?"

"Forget what I said earlier, the volcano isn't going anywhere. I think tomorrow, once we're recovered, we should go stomp out whatever's left of Mata Nui in that moat." 

Mata Nui...it was strange, Varian couldn't find any data on such a person, and yet...he knew that name...but how? It filled him with a sense of anger...he knew he must kill this Mata Nui...he just didn't know why.

The Exo-toa stomped forward, his massive size and weight shaking the ground slightly as he did, approaching them. "Where is this Mata Nui?" He demanded. 

@Nato the Traveler @BULiK @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

Well... finally someone was proposing a material solution... even if it amounted to performing target practice. In fact, this could work well with the upcoming raid. Knichou was about to ask for more details, but his attention was grabbed by the approaching... Exo-Toa? What a strange encounter, how did this end up on Zakaz of all places. Something was absolutely strange about this one though - it had to be a nonstandard model. Knichou knew quite well that Exo-Toa didn't have voice emulators.

"Exo-Toa unit, run diagnostic level theta and report all anomalies," the ex-Ghost dryly ordered the machine. Was this automaton defective? The Nynran looked back to Sidra, ignoring the robot to give it time to process the request.

"I have business in Metru-Nui tomorrow as well. I suggest that you NUVA aid me with my mission if you aren't too preoccupied. For your assistance, I can spare a Vahki hive or two to help protect your village, or for manual labor."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

"Acknowledged, running diagnostics." Whether he wanted to or not, Varian complied with the command given by Knichou, it was hard wired into his circuits to do so. The process didn't take long, and the Exo-Toa began to list the various anomalies. "Anomalies detected. Memory banks missing critical files. Scheduled maintenance overdue. Foreign programming detected, unable to purge." Varian stopped and shook his 'head', almost looking frustrated as he regained control of himself.

His optics looked straight at Knichou. "How did you do that?" He had a tone of annoyance, even with his robotic voice. 

• Like 1

MUSICAL ACCOMPANIMENT 

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

The Spear may has well have penetrated Korruhn's chest, as well.

In fact, it would have served the Rahkshi better.

The sounds of the maelstrom of the whirling portal, the cacaphony of the Rahkshi, and the nigh-endless ringing of tinnitus in Korruhn's ears all seemed to give way to the sound of the beast's jagged spear piercing the chest of the Matoran, leaned over the battered Korruhn and pleading for help. He died as the rest of Korruhn's world had, begging and helpless as Korruhn could not stop the torrential force of the sinews of evil that seemed to penetrate his life's path at every turn.

The last breath left Grime quickly and painlessly, and his body went limp, frozen postured on his knees over Korruhn, the weight of his body propped up by the spear embedded into the ground. He seemed all at once in pain and at peace.

From his back, Korruhn's head rolled slowly, and lifted from the ground. He was weakened. Blood leaked from his mouth and ears, as well as various ligatures and abrasions throughout his battered body. His head pounded a somber dirge of war drums. Every part of his body screamed and ached. The Rahkshi leered from a distance, slowly approaching it's prey. Perhaps this was what Fa'amatai had felt in the moments before his demise: pain, fear, regret. Inching closer to death, though not bringing his world any closer to peace, or hope.

But Korruhn was not dead. Not yet.

There was a force among the populace of Metru-Nui. A unifying force, one of endless power and mystery. Every Matoran, from all walks of life shared it. But it was not an element, and none could hope to ever master it. And yet, there it sat, dormant in the chest of every surviving Matoran; buried so deep that most would never even know of it's existence, let alone feel it. But now, Korruhn felt it: a fire, deep within his chest, with the power of a hundred suns: the will of the Matoran. The burning, endless desire to exist in this jagged slice of horror and chaos unending we called our world.

As the flame of the world began to flow from his heartlight, through his cardiovascular network, into his muscles and servos, the Cartographer of Metru Nui felt invigorated, rejuvenated; and though his body would not take much more punishment from the Rahkshi, it wouldn't need to. Korruhn slowly rose to his feet beside the kneeling corpse of his fallen comrade, blood of both his and Grime's dripping from his battered armor. The ice blue shade in his eyes carried an intensity that seemed to pierce the veil of darkness itself.

"You have come to the wrong world!" Korruhn shouted at the Rahkshi, his voice imbued with power and courage to tremble but the most valiant of foe. "I AM INDOMITABLE."

Korruhn's voice was not just his own. It was the voice of many. The voice of the dead and forgotten, and all of those who had lost their lives to whatever force had brought havoc upon his land, and drove this beast of death toward Korruhn now.

With all of his might, the Toa charged at the Rahkhsi, yelling a primal war cry as he went. He extended his arms, and his fingers prepared to pry the heart right out of the beasts' chest.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 5

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

"Some part of Mata Nui is possibly in the lake surrounding what's left of Metru-Nui," Sidra said to the approaching Exo-Toa. Like Knichou, she recognised the abnormality of the machine talking to them. But she'd already met one seemingly-sentient robot today. What was one more? 

To Knichou, she just frowned for a few moments, trying to make sense of what he was saying. There was an obvious answer, but surely that couldn't be it? But after a few moments more, no other solution became evident to her. "Please tell me you're not trying to start another war with the League."

• Like 4

Hmmm... needing maintenance, running unverified firmware, and with corrupted storage? Intriguing.

"Unit, echo your designation, time since last reboot, and owner, and... uh... your current directive, too," Knichou said casually, ignoring the malfunctioning robot's 'questions'. The Nynran hadn't even stopped looking at Sidra to notice the Exo-Toa focusing on him.

"Look Sidra, I'm not trying to start a war. The League can keep their dead city. But as misguided as Dume was, the Vahki were built to protect the Matoran, and they need to be reprogrammed to fulfill their purpose. Without his robot army, Aurax won't be a possible threat any longer. If we're lucky, he might not even be able to stay in power and the League's military will crumble from within."

"You're equipped to handle the riteborn, but we need the Vahki to ensure our defense against the native Skakdi. I could build a thousand of those soldiers like that," Knichou said with a tilt of his head towards Varian and a snap of his fingers. "But that would only agitate Aurax into an arms race that would lead to a real war. If I take control of Aurax's Vahki, then in one fell swoop the citizens of Kini-Koro and with your willingness, Le-Metru Nuva, will have all the protection they could ever need and the League will never be a threat again. It's a risk, sure, but I have the best people for the job."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

And I thought Kilo was being selfish... Sidra thought, rolling her eyes. 

"Let me get this straight... by your own admission, you have the means and ability to effortlessly create an army with which to protect your people. But instead, you would rather put your own people's lives on the line, to break whatever peace you've established with the League, and rob them of the army they're using to protect their people?" She shook her head. "I want you to keep this moment in mind the next time you wonder why the people of Le-Metru Nuva chose to isolate themselves from everyone else." 

• Like 3

"If you'd made as many weapons as I have, you also wouldn't want to make a new autonomous army if you could avoid it."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

"Exo-Toa Unit D-6793 v2.0. Designation, "Varian". Varian announced, though this time the Exo-toa managed to say it out of his own free will. "My last reboot was over a month ago, and I have no owner. My current directive is to recover my missing memories...and kill Mata Nui...if he still breathes..." Admittedly he hadn't even remembered Mata Nui until he was mentioned, but it was true none-the-less. 

"I'll also be clear on this. I am much more that just this machine...unfortunately I cannot remember what that more is..." 

• Like 1

"Is that really what it's about, though?" She pressed, narrowing her eyes at Knichou. "You namedropped this Aurax guy three times, talked about him like you know him."

• Like 2

The ex-Ghost's eyebrows raised in surprise, before he forced himself to sigh. He mentally made a note of what the Exo-Toa said, but didn't respond immediately, as he was too absorbed in the conversation with Sidra.

"You know how Dume abused the power of the Vahki to control Metru-Nui's people and slaughter your people when they began to resist? Something tells me you weren't a fan of that, given, well... y'know. That amount of power was already an ethical quagmire, but now imagine it in the hands of a Toa that probably holds the record for the most backs stabbed, metaphorically speaking."

Knichou looked a Sidra with an expression of genuine concern - as much as he hated Aurax, his moral justifications weren't an act.

"I can't undo Nuparu creating the Vahki, but at least I can ensure that they are controlled by the collective wisdom of our council and not one Toa with an impressive resume of betrayals who's leading the army that had sworn to destroy us for so long it's hard to remember a time when they weren't on the march. I'd be taking a piece off the board instead of creating a new independent variable that would only lead to escalation."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

"And you think marching up to Metru-Nui and taking away their security is going to make the League less likely to retaliate?" She scoffed. "If you try, and fail, you'll have lost what you claim to be your best people, and provoked a counterattack. If you somehow succeed, then you've provoked the League and made them desperate."

She glanced at the bunker across the valley, the one Wairuha had emerged from when she'd first freed him. "I'll march my mech down to that shoreline. I'll take the fight to the Untethered. But I won't be part of whatever else you're planning. I won't drag my village into your war." 

• Like 3

War...Varian had been part of a war once. But he'd lost...and the price had been...

The Exo-Toa was silent as it failed to remember anything but vague notions. 

• Like 2

"So be it," Knichou said with a resigned tone and a dismissive wave of a hand. As much as he wanted to say his excuse for the latest concern of Sidra's, he knew it would be wasted effort. She was never going to listen.

"What about you, Atamai? You've been... awfully quiet there, buddy."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Mata Nui...there was that name again...it made Varian feel a rage inside him...he had to make him pay.

"Take me to where Mata Nui can be found..." He demanded to no one in particular, anyone would do. "I must ensure his destruction." 

• Like 2

"The more the merrier," she said cheerily, turning to the Exo-Toa. "I think the plan is to head out there tomorrow."

@Snelly

• Like 2

IC: The Gadunka (RNN Radio Barge, Outside Naho Bay)

Sitting cross legged out in the searing sun on top of the main cabin of the radio barge, the De-Skakdi meditated, his eyes open wide with a distant gaze. Out to the far horizon, his sight went, trying his best to discern anything beyond the meager island he called home. But, there was nothing, nothing at all. Just an eternal ocean, one that he doubted even the collective Rig could traverse.

‘E’ reel nitemare ya got us trapped in, eh Irrnak, ya cursed sod you?’ They thought to themselves as their gaze zoomed back towards the island. Expanding outwards to a grand airborne view of it all. He shuddered at the sight of what he saw. The island was disappearing. He didn’t really bat an eye when the island first shrunk, as he attributed it to just being because of Nektann or maybe the head's crash landing, but then it happened again. He chose not to believe it the second time, the minor shifts being easy to ignore, but now, he couldn’t ignore it anymore. Zakaz was disappearing and there was no escape from it now.

Swiftly, his vision returned to him, the Skakdi recoiling at the sudden shift in perspectives. With a heavy groan and another squig from a bottle at his side, he clambered back down and entered his studio room. Sitting the bottle atop a large speaker by his desk, he slid into his chair and readied to broadcast his own voice once more.

“Well, time da break da news. Pits! Why’d have’ta be meh?” They grumbled to themselves as they hit broadcast, their voice sliding into the brief silence between songs.

* Hello once again my adoring children, it is I, The Gadunka, here to give you the realest reels about what’s popping and what’s crackling across the radio static. First thing first, a few updates on some Skakdi of interest. *

* Unfortunately for all of you debtors, the old Miser is still kicking and his Cube has washed up onto the Kumu-Peninsula. And before you question what I just said, no, I don’t mean the Kumu-Isles. Seems like those islands wanted to join whatever in the Pits is happening here on the mainland, heh, might mean we’ll be seeing more of those Aspects running amok. *

‘D’ose freaks, can’t unda’stand why anyon’ would deal wit’ d‘em.’ The De-Skakdi thought, remembering the first memory he had on meeting an Aspect. Creepy things they were, always gave him chills, as something was always off about their voices. He tried his best not to dwell on them.

* In addition, besides old Nektann, we might have some more...surprises coming from Irrnak’s Tooth, as the Tactical Panda II has been spotted there. And if my sources are correct, which they most certainly are, there is some resistance against the Tahtorak Princess. By whom I do not know, but I’ll let you all know once someone walks out of that volcano in less than two pieces. *

* As for Fort Nektann and this new boss, Barius, well, not much to tell surprisingly enough. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see then. *

‘Odd, surprised d’ey ain’t raidin’ ‘et.’ He momentarily pondered before continuing.

* And as for some news concerning our less than local friends, heha. There isn't much to really say either. Though, I feel like it’s worth mentioning how there is now some sort of literal ghost city on the western side of the island. Whole thing just popped up overnight from the looks of it. For you daring Skakdi, might as well give it a look through, might find your next big score. *

Shifting in his seat, a brief pause occurred before The Gadunka spoke again, their voice taking a more somber and serious tone as they spoke into the radio.

* Now then. Everyone, all those who are now gathered around your radios and receivers, either listening with rapt attention to myself, or simply waiting for the music to start playing again. I have some, truly, important news to share. Zakaz is sinking, and I don’t know what we’re going to do about it. *

* We aren’t strangers to disaster, Irrnak's Gnashing Fangs! We've probably managed to cause half of them. But this, this is one I have no clue on how we could’ve caused, let alone endure. All I can suggest is this, either build the biggest boat you have and sail away from here. Or hope you can figure out what’s wrong with this disaster of an island. *

* And for those of you who need a bit more of a nudge, well, if I had to take a guess. Might have something to do with the Aqua Sphere, you all know it. For the past month, it has just been floating off the Eastern shore, not doing anything let alone raining. And in addition, there have been sightings of a castle or fortress or something along the lines circling it, imagine that, a flying fortress. *

Allowing the significance of what he had just said to settle in the minds of his audience, The Gadunka’s voice once again came through the radio, lively and cheerful once again.

* Well, now that has been talked about, lets have some fun with a few calls from you all, my adoring viewers. There you go friend you’re patched through, what would you like to say? *

A strong, commanding voice came through the radio room speakers as The Gadunka flipped a switch, the voice coming out stoic and emotionless as it spoke.

“This is a request from Fort Nektann to the remnants of the Rig. The Warlord of the fortress requests an audience with you and your leader or leaders whoever they may be...In three days time, a representative and a small entourage will be at the location where the Rig once stood, come...or don’t if you are a coward.”

Before The Gadunka could say anything to the caller, they cut the line and left their words to linger. Quick on the supwing, they flipped the switch to let another caller in as they responded to the message.

* Well, our waiting has been answered. Riggers, it seems like this Barius has need to talk with you all. Better hope it's just not at the bad end of a Tahtorak, ahaha. Welcome new caller, this is your ruler, The Gadunka, what would you like to say? *

"Hello?" 

* Yes, hello there caller, you’re on the air. Feel free to introduce yourself. *

"Yes. Thank you. I'm a huge fan. I love your work. Maybe you remember me, I call in all the time. I'm Clash. I work for Cravious."

* Cravious? The Miser? Hah! You must be pulling my legs! *

"No! No, I would never do that to you, sir. Believe me. You're the best."

* It's fine friend. Now, the segment is drawing out a bit, why don't you give us a song suggestion before I send you on your way. *

"Okay, yeah, earlier you mentioned the island was sinking. That made me think of that bath song. You know, Splashing times of Splish. Or, uh... something like that."

‘Oh no, its a dens’ one. Gotta get ‘em off da air quick.’ They thought to themselves as they slid their hand over towards the button to cut the call.

* Well, thank you for the suggestion but that's all the time I got. Catch you on the air. *"

ThankyousomuchIloveyourwor-"

With a final click, the voice was cut off as music once again began to play over the radio, the De-Skakdi within his studio leaning back as he took a heavy breath. “Irrnak’s cav’ty, da island really do be sinkin’? And d’ere ain’t nothin’ any o’ us can do ‘bout it. Pits.”

OOC: @Eyru @Vezok's Friend To anyone with a Radio, enjoy this Riggers-News-Network Bi-Weekly Broadcast. And to whoever runs the Rig, or consider themselves to run the Rig, the challenge has been sent.

IC: Gore Fury (Fort Nektann, Kitchen)

Humming alongside the radio tune, his foot tapping along with it, Gore worked in his kitchen with a wide grin upon his face. Beneath his large hands, a piece of potato dough yielded to his grip while to his side, a large cauldron simmered with the strong smell of brisket beef filling the kitchen air. On the floor, cloves of garlic and potato skins were strewn around the place, something for Gore to clean up later after dinner.

Passing through the open door entrance to the kitchen, was the dark-skinned form of the fort’s resident warlord. Catching the figure, Gore raised up a flour covered hand as he called out. “Hey Druk, glad you could pass by mate. Mind helping me with something real quick, I need someone to taste test tonight's dinner, mind to lend a Skak a hand?”

Abiding the Su-Skakdi’s request, Drukarus entered the kitchen, leaving the Fist of Ruk by the door as he approached. With a large pronged fork, Gore dug into the cauldron as he pulled off a small strip of meat and passed it for the warlord’s opinion. The meat was in tough strands that tore apart easily within the mouth, the juices from the broth steeped throughout it as various different hints of flavor splashed against his tongue. It was incredible work, like always from the Skakdi cook.

Offering Gore the briefest of smiles, he complimented them on their cooking. “Great work as always. One thing before I leave you to your fine work, inform me before you start preparing for dinner, there is an announcement that must be made. Do you understand?”

“Of course I do mate, now I’ve you excuse me, there’s a lump of potato dough that’s calling my name. Oh, and do you want me to leave some food out for you to bring to Barius or is the big man coming down for dinner?”

“There will be no need for that..not anymore.” And with a solemn nod, the warlord allowed the chef to return to his duties, as he continued to prepare himself for what was about to occur.

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann, Dining Hall)

Across the fort, Skakdi scrambled to be the first ones into the mess hall, the sound of Gore’s dinner bell and bellowing voice alerting them all that it was time to eat. 

Bereft of battle, the Skakdi of the fort had fallen to appreciating the physical pleasures they could afford, but amongst them all, Gore’s cooking was for sure one of the most enjoyed. The Skakdi’s cooking easily ingratiating him into the warskak and keeping morale at a high. But still, as they piled in, Drukarus could hear whispers and murmurs of discontentment. The warskak was getting restless.

With nearly the entire fort settled in, ready to feast, Gore as he pushed in his cart, a cauldron of broth and brisket on the bottom of it, the smell filling the chamber. On top of the cart, were several large bowls with cloth being placed over them, as within mounds of small doughy balls laid. A fine meal Gore learned about from some miners in Stelt.

As the Skakdi eagerly awaited to be served their meals, a thunderous thump silenced the room, as Drukarus rose from his spot, from the seat, where Barius would have sat at the head of the room. The hall was silent, every single Skakdi focusing their gaze on him. Some were confused, others were annoyed, but most were anxious and filled with anticipation at what the warlord had to say. With a brief second longer of silence, Drukarus surveyed the room as his voice spoke out, booming outwards in a dominant tone.

“Warskak, your warlord thanks you for your patience. You have done well to busy yourselves and to wait for the call to arms. Barius has made his command, it is time for the warskak to once more go out to raid and pillage.”

Cheers started to spring up from the assembled mass, but with another drop of his maul, the room once more fell to silence, confusion upon the faces of all. 

“Allow me to finish. We are to raid once more, yes, but we will not be claiming the vast treasures that lie within the city of Metru-Nui, for Barius fears that his warskak is unprepared for it. I believe what he says is true, but I do not agree with him that we should simply abandoned this opportunity. We are Skakdi, born and bred into battle and raised upon the succor of conquest. To think we could not take a war-torn city, its soldiers exhausted, injured, and fearful of any further conflict. It is an insult to us all!” The warlords voice rose into a crescendo, the bellow of fury inciting the spirits of the warriors before him.

“And so, that is why I shall lead this campaign myself. And if Barius wishes to defy it, then he may walk out his chambers and face me personally! In one weeks time, we shall march forth from the gates of Fort Nektann, march across the desert sands, and bring War To Metru-Nui!"

As his words settled, one by one, the roar of Skakdi filled the space, as their spirits had been set aflame. Though only time would tell whether or not they shall follow the warlord’s full ascension as ruler, he knew now then, they would follow him into battle. Now it was merely a matter of making them into the soldiers he desired, into soldiers fit for an empire.

OOC: @NorikSigma @Conway @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

IC: Krrenchk - Skakdi of Stone

Location - Fort Nektann, Dining Hall

YEAAAHHAHAHA!!! WHOOOO!!!” Krrenchk cupped his hands as close to his mouth as he could below his mask to amplify the sound in the already noisy dining hall. He shifted his focus and tried his best to yell over the roaring cheers to Zekev, “I told you to wait and see!” His voice was lost to the crowd.

Krrenchk grinned like he had gone mad and grabbed his food. He wasn’t allowed at the main table with the greatest of the warriors, but at least they let him eat their food with them. He grabbed as much as he could carry and slipped from the room, happiness filling him. Soon. Soon they would finally be out on the warpath again. He disappeared into the many hallways of the fort.

OOC: @NorikSigma @Sparticus147

• Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

"I feel like the straight man in a comedy of errors. Hahahahah..."

Vulimai sighed as she turned towards Ostrox, giving the Mantaxian her full attention. "Your not the only one who feels that way. So, if there weren't any ideas made on how to at least prepare for this, what are your plans now? I've already told you that I can't force those few Matoran that still believe in Mata-Nui without telling them the truth, I refuse to break the peace of Kini-Koro till we have no other choice. But I don't want to ignore the problem either, I just don't know what to do other than prepare in the conventional ways."

Behind herself, she caught wind of something concerning the Vahki and the League from Atamai, but that was not the current problem she was focusing on, and if Knichou was planning something behind her back, then she would deal with it after she deals with this.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp, Air Suva)

"Hmm. Yes. This is definitely a Suva. I confess to knowing little of Matoran culture... other than its failings."

Scouring the walls, Apex found little other than vines and moss, and though both were clear signs of nature's will to reclaim what is hers, they did not reveal the answer she desired. Pivoting her head around, her neck extending as it did so, Apex slowly rotated in place as she observed the Suva within the center of the room. Atop the stone dome, sat the most peculiar of plants, one obviously not naturally grown. She let out a brief snarl as she approached the Suva, scanning its surface, till finding a series of murals along its bottom.

Following along with the artistic depictions, Apex's face shifted through various emotions; intrigue at the sight of the Rahi attacking, anger at the Toa-like figures victory over the Rahi, and then vague familiarity as she saw the spined beings. But the most profuse sight, was the shallow engraving, now faint and weathered, that depicted, an eight-pointed star.

All at once, memories, flashes, pictures of times long ago flashed across her mind. They were swift, fierce, and terrible creatures, wrought from bodies of protodermic steel and powered by the shadowy worms. They were the bringers of death and doom, they were her kinds servants and soldiers, they were... "Rahkshi." Apex said, raising her head swiftly up, an expression of shocked recognition upon her beastial visage.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Eyru

• Like 3