Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Internally, Aurax laughed. He was surprised that Tuyet had agreed to his request so easily. But it would be naive to trust her, and Aurax knew that.

He turned and walked back to his throne. "So we're in agreement, then," he said. He brought up a menu on his mech's HUD, and made a few eye-tracking gestures. "Alright, I've set you up with an airship and two Vahki. They'll be waiting for you at the docking bay a couple blocks east of here."

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

"What-?" Whira started to say. She blinked in confusion for a moment. "How strange. This place is very unusual," she said. "Change of plans I suppose- let us head down the hallway." Whira started walking down the dark hallway, hoping Cravious would follow.

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

"In short, because that's not my place, and not what I would ever want to begin with! You don't understand at all!" the Nynran snarled incredulously, taken aback by just how misguided this NUVA was. After overcoming his disgust, he continued, going further than he would normally feel the need to. "You know what? Fine, get ready to be indulged, not that I think you'll ever understand."

"Do you really think I'm some kind of politician, warlord, or power broker like most of your bosses and victims?"

He pointed at his heartlight with a thumb.

"I'm none of those. I'm not a king or councilor - I'm a Toa. Yes, that title hasn't had the best of role models over the years, but there is a truth in its ideals. Toa doesn't mean a ruler. Toa doesn't mean a soldier. Toa doesn't mean an adventurer seeking glory, fortune, or power. Toa are meant to be protectors."

"I could have flown to Metru Nui at any time in the past month and blown up a part of the Coliseum on a useless quest for to avenge those Aurax has wronged," the engineer continued, his frustrated tone commanding the attention of the group with a forcefulness that compelled the others to stay silent during his brief pauses. "But I didn't. Why?"

"I could have done as you have, and gone to explore any of these temples and discovered these unparalleled new powers for myself" the Fe-Toa said, accentuating the last point with jazz hands and a mocking facial expression of faux surprise. "But I didn't. Why?"

"Because I understand my responsibility is to the matoran, and I'm not one to shirk that responsibility and prioritize my desires above their safety. I didn't run and hide in the forest when the enemy came to our doorstep, or go off exploring the wilderness, seeking powers for myself. I charged into a battle I knew I had no chance of winning because I knew that my death would be more than worth it if it helped even one matoran survive Pridak's bombardment."

"Meanwhile, you run around the island, seeking out powers you don't understand for your own gain, then act all high and mighty as if I've been doing the same and just want more power. I never asked for any of my powers, and that's precisely why I've been best suited to guard them and be their vessel. Those who would seek out power are the most inclined to use it recklessly. Your new powers haven't stopped any of the real threats our citizens have experienced - better men than you or I have sacrificed everything to protect them."

"Don't slander me as selfishly trying to gain control. Everything I've built has been for others. I hadn't even used one of my own weapons on a living being until the very last days of the war. My magnum opus can protect the wearer from almost anything, it was to give matoran the ability to stand up to to people like the League and your employers. I never sought out Dume's promise of becoming a Toa, and in the end I only accepted his offer because it would give me the best chance at activating the machine. It was so I could survive torturing myself to death searching millions of possible futures to learn how to prevent the cataclysm we have now experienced."

The ex-Ghost brought a hand to his cheek, fingers tracing the lines of one of the many reliefs adorning it's surface.

"Same with this Kanohi - it was given to me, I never asked for it. It's nothing as trivial as a prize of battle or piece of art, it's a responsibility to the laws of nature, a burden. It's the same paradox as it was with time, those who would seek to control creation's power should never have it."

"I'm nothing like Dume or Sans. Dume was shortsighted to believe he knew a better solution than the tapestry of time, he was monarch who couldn't trust the matoran with their own governance or even control over their own protectors. Sans was a foolhardy despot who couldn't sacrifice his pride for the safety of his people. I, on the other hand, never even sought this quest - a friend and respected councilor asked for my aid, as a protector."

"Now do you see why I would never build an army of robots for myself? Why I would never challenge Vulimai or Kanohi's leadership?"

Knichou learned forwards, pointing a finger at Sidra's chest. His optics drifted their attention there as well, for he knew better than to look at hers.

"Given the laughable nature of your suggestions, be glad worthiness is a useless metric, for you would have none."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

For a moment, Sidra wondered when she was even bothering with this argument. She'd made her stance clear, as had Knichou, and it seemed clear that neither side was going to persuade the other. He didn't seem liable to back down even with his own superiors denying him, and given the village's paltry defences it was unlikely anyone could actually stop Knichou if he decided to move against Metru-Nui. This whole debate was an exercise in futility. 

She'd gotten herself swept up in the storm of discussion, and let the current carry her, and now she was floundering to stay afloat. 

2 hours ago, Snelly said:

"Soooo like...how long is this conversation gonna keep looping to the same argument anyway? Where'd those big mechs come from?"

"Simmer down and wait your turn, kid," Sidra said, gesturing to the toy in the Le-Toa's hand, "The grownups are talking." 

And then Knichou's tirade began.

24 minutes ago, BULiK said:

"Now do you see why I would never build an army of robots for myself? Why I would never challenge Vulimai or Kanohi's leadership?"

Knichou learned forwards, pointing a finger at Sidra's chest. His optics drifted their attention there as well, for he knew better than to look at hers.

"See something you like?" She snapped, once it seemed clear he was done yammering. "Because what I see is a hypocrite. By your own admission, you haven't worked for what you have, but you still think you deserve it. You claim you don't want to control things, but you still hide and hoard power..." she pointed first to Knichou's mask, then to the energised protodermis he'd sealed away, "...refusing to use it for yourself, and denying others from benefiting from it." 

Finally, she pointed at Vulimai, "And you say you would never challenge her leadership, but you already did the moment you started going behind her back to continue planning an attack she'd already told you to abandon. Seems to me that you're just the latest in a long line of Toa who think they're the hero of everyone else's stories."

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 5

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Listening to Knichou's heated words and tirade, Vulimai's anger dissipated, her hardened expression and crossed arms falling away as the Toa spoke. She had forgotten herself and had let her own emotions and the mounting stress to take a hold of her. Knichou wasn't her enemy, and he didn't connive behind her back just to settle some grudge. He simply wanted to do what he thought was best for the Matoran, like she wanted to do as well. Honestly, it was right then and there that Vulimai fully realized just how young of a Toa Knichou was, and how even Toa were once Matoran too.

She didn't know what sort of beef him and Sidra had, but it was clear that it bothered the ex-Nynrah deeply. And though a part of herself wanted to side with Knichou against the apparent killer of Dume, she couldn't pick a side without knowing the full story. Hearing Sidra's harsh, yet still admittedly true, reprisal, she knew it was her Duty to stop this before it descends any further.

Reaching up her hand, she reached up for Knichou's arm and tried to gently pull it away from Sidra's chest, her looking up towards the Toa with sympathetic concern. "Ok Knichou, you've made your point clear, same with you Sidra. There's no reason for things to escalate further, especially when tensions are so high-strung at the moment. Knichou, go and see if Toa Nale needs your help if you have nothing else to do, we can talk about it later. Sidra, if you're willing, I would like to speak with you as well."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

• Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Skyra was going to complain about being called a kid before Knichou went on his little rant, she tossed the toy to the side. She wasn't a kid! She fought in the war for crying out loud! For once, Skyra was actually quiet and listened. Perhaps because she found the topic interesting, or maybe she was just dumbfounded at how long winded the engineer was. It was probably a bit of both. Then of course Sidra had her turn with a bit of a shorter comeback, thankfully. 

This was all starting to make Skyra's head spin. She just wanted to know where the giant ### mechs came from, but no one seemed to really care about that for some reason.

"Ugh...I miss the war...at least then instead of arguing we could just shoot each other and be done with it..." 

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 5

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

Knichou was seething, and he wished he wasn't showing it. He wished Nale was here to give him strength, but glad she wasn't here to see him get to as low a point as he had been in a long time. He wished Sidra could understand, but feared how dangerously close she was to making sense. What did he really wish for?

The Nynran was disgusted at being labelled a hero, for he knew he was none. In his eyes, any heroes had long since died or been hardened into something worse. He had been a sinner long before he met anyone still alive who knew him. Perhaps he could atone in martyrdom, as he had tried twice before, but that would not retroactively make him a hero, nothing was ever that simple. Perhaps rehabilitated, redeemed even, if he was lucky. Perhaps.

"I still have business here, Nale will call me if there is a situation at the hospital that requires me," Knichou replied. Nale couldn't see him like this, even if she would undoubtedly hear of this new diplomatic incident regardless of how soon he arrived. "But in the meantime, I'm sure Atamai would be willing to take the tank of energized protodermis that I secured for you to do what you wish with wherever you want."

While Knichou didn't want to continue this fruitless conversational duel, he didn't want to let it go without emphasizing to this selfish-minded dark hunter that he wasn't hoarding this other source of power for himself. Not that she would understand.

"He should be able to lift it easily even without the Krahli's mech," Knichou stated before walking away from the group. He telekinetically rolled the two iron cylinders of zamor spheres along near him. He took a seat, conjuring a lawn chair on the grass beside Sorilax while he waited for the aspect to wake up. Do Aspects sleep? What was Sorilax doing?

While he watched the group from his makeshift throne, the ex-Ghost began to think in relative peace. Although 'relative' compared to the last day of arguments was not saying much.

Clearly, the dark hunter confused words with action. Knichou hadn't yet done anything to undermine Vulimai, right? She was just too scared by Stannis's words, and neither understood how feasible the task Kanohi asked really was. To prove to them that he could succeed, Knichou needed to see just what kind of a force he could assemble, and surely his task force's combined expertise and wisdom would lead to the village leaders better understanding the risks of such an operation? What harm could come from listening?

Plausible deniability, through and through. He hadn't betrayed his ideals. That would be what she wanted, wouldn't it? This hermit couldn't be given that satisfaction.

Unless...

Perhaps if she saw the dangers of this power being used at a sliver of it's full potential, as he had, she would understand why he didn't indulge himself with his power as she suggested.

But he couldn't.

Unless...

Perhaps.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sidra – Kini-Nui

“The reluctant hero trope makes for a nice campfire story for the amaja circle, but those are just stories,” Sidra called, as Knichou finally peeled his eyes away from her chest and began walking off. “There’s no nobility in the real world. No one knows the way. And no one gets it right."   

She took a deep breath, taking a moment to calm and steady herself, before turning to Vulimai.

“Sorry about... all of that. He and I have... history. An old argument that neither of us knows the right answer to." 

She sighed, and offered the Matoran her hand. "I think you and I got off on the wrong foot earlier. I'm Sidra."

• Like 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Her eyes lingered on Knichou as he walked off before turning back towards Sidra. Taking the NUVA's hand in a firm professional grip, Vulimai boldly met the eyes of Sidra. "Commander Vulimai of Kini-Koro. I can share the sentiment with him, though...I don't think I fully agree. Now then, onto business, I've been hearing rumors of a village called Le-Metru Nuva."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

"Yes. A village in the trees, concealed in the swamp. More than forty inhabitants of varying races," she replied carefully. "And that's about the extent of what I'd be willing to say about its whereabouts and strength. The founders chose secrecy, and it's not my place to deprive them of that." 

• Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Skyra watched as the argument came to an end. “Wow, and I’m supposed to be the kid here? Yeah ####ing right.” Skyra muttered, to herself mostly, as it didn’t seem like anyone was paying her any mind. 

Welp, in situations where no one would give you answers, you just had to get them yourself. Skyra started walking towards the big mech. She wanted to get a closer look, and nobody was gonna stop her!

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

"My friend Viltia had plans for trade, so you'd be better off waiting for her to drop by, if she hasn't already. As for everything else, that's a little trickier..." she mused. "...I could talk with council, see if we can sort out a time to meet?" 

• Like 3

"That's her," she nodded. "The tendrils were a souvenir from our run-in with the Untethered... which brings me to another matter that we ought to discuss." 

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"So you think it's Mata Nui as well..." Sidra replied thoughtfully, "...it's the first idea I've heard that makes sense of what we went up against." 

• Like 3

"Well, the thing that attacked our village wasn't a lone wandering body or crude kaita. It was countless corpses, all tethered together and guided by a single intelligence," Sidra explained, glad to focus her thoughts on something other than the argument with Knichou... even if that meant thinking about the Grand Untethered instead. "It wanted to... assimilate everyone... to make us join it." 

She reached up to tap a single fingertip against her temple. "I can try to share the memory, if either of you wanted to see for yourselves."

@Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

• Like 4

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

Soon, dinner ended, many of the Skakdi being satisfied in both stomach and in spirit as they left the hall. Drukarus himself was as well deeply proud of himself, but he knew he did not have long, and he needed to quickly build up his position and the warskak as a whole. The first thing he needed, was those he could trust to relay his orders and to enact his will, and though there were few in the fort who could possibly fulfill this role, there was at least one he was willing to give a chance to.

Tracking down the Ce-Skakdi, Drukarus soon found Detsu. "Detsu, I trust you have heard my decree?"

OOC: @Conway

• Like 1

IC: Zekev - Fort Nektann

"YEAAAAAA!!!!" Zekev joined in the whoops and cheers. For the moment, he forgot the inherent danger of beating up Matoran, his mind filled with images of loot and glory instead.

Much like Krrench, he was nowhere near the status required to eat the good grog, so he settled with his stew at the end of one of the broken dining tables and tucked in. Zekev began to ponder about this turn of events while the din of cheering continued to ring across the mess hall. He certainly didn't want to get involved in infighting between Barius and Drukarus... but he really did want to loot!

Anyway, I don't fancy my chances going against this crowd.

• Like 1

IC: Ostrox and NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - I Happen to Like My Tether

"No, no, I’ll take your word for it. I have encountered these 'Untethered' as you call them before." Ostrox didn’t want this 'Sidra' anywhere near his psyche, mental shielding or no. Especially in his... fractured state.

That said, the argument that had ensued previously was most gratifying to him, and the ever-present grin on his face showed it. As he said before, Vulimai didn’t hold any real power and Knichou’s 'Unity' was a farce. How gracious of them to prove his point all by themselves.

NU-8020S wasn’t sure how to feel about all of this. On the one hand, no organic could be trusted with control over her people, but then again, it wasn’t as if she intended for Knichou to hold power for long. She shifted to bipedal mode and continued to monitor the situation...

@Nato the Traveler@Sparticus147@BULiK@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro) - Software Conflict

"Negative. Rogue Barraki Takadox was sighted within the Ruins of Fire, however."

"That is not what he asked."

"It is relevant to our discussion."

"No, it is not-"

"Why did we not inform him of this earlier?"

"The Squad Mother-"

"Is not here."

Ulkarr’s expression shifted and his eyes narrowed, as if the disorganization and bickering of the Vahki were somewhat offensive to him.

"It only became relevant now."

"That is ridiculous-"

Reckless, Obedient and Wayward began to bicker amongst each other, while Lawful and Impressionable still remained focused. "Akiri, you mentioned something about those units still under League control. What is the importance of this?"

"I assure you, our allegiance is solely to Tobduk-Koro and associated territories. We are far out of range of Aurax’s control."

@Harvali

• Like 3

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai had Malhukuraia carefully grab the container of protodermis, and then gingerly sat down, leaning against the frame of the bunker door. He didn't say anything during Sidra and Knichou's argument. What could he say? It was clear to him that there was no changing either of their minds. And they were both right- from their own points of view. Atamai understood that. 

He saw Skyra approaching. "Did you need something?" he asked her, lowering his voice so that it wouldn't be super loud coming out of the mech.

OOC: @Snelly

• Like 3

IC: Parnassus | Beyond Fort Nektann

Parnassus could sense the vaguest contours of Caedast's mind -- dark whispers of unease -- but they dared not pry further. He was their desecrator, and he was their kin. It would not do, it was not done -- not without their essence being scattered to the winds and carried back to the Caldera. For a brief moment, they considered it, though. They considered peering into his mind to see what he suspected, what he knew, what words could be strung together to sway him. But it would not do. There were rules: rules of hospitality, sacred hospitality that the warskak and the Builders may have forgotten, but which Aspects did not.

"Barius is dead," they said. "The final blow was struck by my hand, but the reins of his army are now grasped by Drukarus'. The old goat has proven himself more cunning and more underhanded than I could have anticipated, and I don't think he trusts me. I do not believe that Fort Nektann is safe for me anymore."

The Aspect of Makuta felt the weight of the warlord's heartlight in their hand and, looking their cousin in the eye, they held it out to him gently.

"I wish to come with you to the temple," Parnassus said. "I wish to meet with your Builders."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC: Detsu | Fort Nektann

"Hard not to," Detsu said, still looking over the Horizon's Call. He didn't know where Parnassus had gotten to; and, at this point, he didn't much care. The ancient warskak had never cared for demons, and it was hard to see the self-styled Aspect of Boundless Horizons or whatever they called themself as much of a shining example of their kind.

He slowly raised himself up to his full height, where he could look at Drukarus eye-to-eye.

"Whole fortress is in a tizzy over it," he said. "'specially the young'uns who are betting whether or not Barius'll pick the gauntlet you threw at his feet."

Detsu, as ever, was a hard man to read as he said that.

OOC: @Sparticus147

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Skyra looked up at Malhukuraia as Atamai spoke through it. She hadn’t expected the giant mech to speak and nearly fell backwards in surprise. Thankfully she was able to straighten herself before that happened. 

“Well I...” She paused, wondering how to best phrase it. “...how did you get this big ### mech?” 

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

Zataka had not been idle, but with her Skakdi allies up in front and visibility obstructed, she was as likely to disintegrate them as she was their enemies if she didn’t get it right, so she’d waited for an opportune moment to strike again. If the princess hadn’t charged ahead initially she could have acted sooner. Then again this was so not her fight. In fact she was still convinced this wasn’t anyone’s fight of those present here. This was ingrained tribal rivalry that served no-one, just as she’d tried to tell the Mesi. Oh well - Skakdi gon’ Skak.

Finally there was a moment where the Mesi’s defenses faltered as Yumi unleashed her psionic attack, but it didn’t last long. Zataka moved forward again to close the distance between her and her allies but before she could reach Yumiwak’s position the lava began to surge again. Closer now, she used her mask to identify the duo of Mesi among their opponents that commanded the lava. She also quickly noted that Yumiwak and Zai appeared to be in a safe spot for the time being, thanks to the latter’s quick reaction. But that left Korio and herself in the path of the molten rock stream still. She could see the blue Skakdi up ahead silhouetted against the glow, leaning heavily against the wall for support as he pushed forward.

If he didn’t get out of there soon he was gonna get fried. Nasty way to go. She knew it well. Images from the league attack on Ta-Metru flashed through her mind, the horrified expressions of their soldiers when she used the emergency vent function of the forges against them. This was not going to be her fate. Nor anyone else's. Hang in there, Korio.

{Zataka!}

Not if she could help it.

{Move up!}

Really wish we had someone with ice powers on our side now. Can’t believe I’m actually doing this.

A moment later, Korio noticed a shadow falling over him as the tall being rushed forward and put herself between him and the oncoming lava.

The heat was washing over the titan in waves and every breath she took made her want to cough violently, so dry was the air she was forced to suck into her lungs. But she repressed the urge, forcing herself to remain focused and in the moment. Her organic tissues were soaked in sweat, running in rivulets along the edges of her metallic body parts before dripping onto her armor, where it sizzled and began to evaporate. Her dark iridescent color had a sheen to it by now.

The titan dug in her heels and raised her arms, before unleashing her power once again. But this time, the energy beam was not meant to punch through the lava, instead she fired it continuously in two broad cones, forming a wall of energy in front of her to act as a barrier.

She could not command the lava directly, nor was she fireproof, no matter how durable she was otherwise. In fact the skin on her fingers and forearms were blistering in the incredible heat as she held off the flood of molten rock. Zataka squinted and hissed through gritted teeth in pain. But she could bear it, she could fight it - and in terms of raw energy output she had the Mesi beat. The wall of energy held against the lava, first redirecting most of it off towards the sides and then began to push back against it as the warlord moved several steps forward. She really hoped the Mesi got some burned toes from the backwash.

:Move it or lose it, princess!: she mentally barked at Yumiwak, but the message went out to the rest of her Skakdi allies as well. She was in too much pain and too busy playing living shield to bother playing nice.

:Stop oogling my back and take them out before they regroup!:

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Tarn @pokemonlover360

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

:I...not really.:

The former astronomer shook herself uncomfortably from side to side. Behind her, the creature formerly known as Vhisola moved through Vashni’s line of sight. She kept eyeing Nixie and despite the changes, the Toa got the impression the other afflicted was watching her back.

:Vhisola...returned...home.:

:Stayed...hut...with me.:

:Ate...then...sleep.:

:Woke up…:

At this point, the afflicted started hissing as she forced herself to remember. Vhisola moved up beside her, pressing her flank against Nixie’s for support.

:Pain. Screaming. Changing.:

:You...help?:

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

"You become a more powerful version of yourself, but it also affects your mind. For me, the process took away from emotions. As for whether you can be one..." Atamai's voice trailed off. He barely knew Skyra. Could he trust her?

"... I don't know. I think my fellow NUVA and I should discuss who might be best suited for the job first. Plus, there was an incident when Kilo became a NUVA. You see, to become a NUVA, the island''s temples have machines where you insert a Great Disk, and then it makes you a NUVA. Problem is, when Kilo became a NUVA, two of the three remaining Great Disks were stolen."

• Like 2

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Obsidian Tower

With - Whira

Cravious was no stranger to the dark. His X-Ray Vision didn’t magically illuminate the inside of things. He had grown accustomed to discerning varying hues of black and utilizing the information to make decisions. Often that meant just fixing an ACR or war rig, but just as easily could be applied to when he collected his first Heartlight with Whira by peering through yards of rock, or when Whira and he had gone after the Nui-Jaga in that cave.

This place, however, this place was dark. And not in a natural way either. It gave him this sense of unease. It- wait, no. Cravious focused. The unease was an outside force trying to affect his mind. It was nowhere near the level of Irnakk, though, and he forced the feeling from himself, shoring up his mental defenses. He never thought his mental training would ever be used in a place like this.

Whira suggested a course of action and Cravious nodded, trusting her shadow senses to be able to detect the motion. He stepped to the doorway on the left even as she stepped to the right. However, before he could finish his initial inspection and begin his descent, Whira came stepping up the staircase, her optics reflecting the blue-white light of his Lightning Zamor spheres as they were the only things glowing in the dark. He almost attacked her due to the sudden appearance, but his Kraata had allowed him to sense her mind and its location the moment she had warped through space to suddenly be below him.

"What-?" Whira started to say. Her purple optics blinked in confusion for a moment. "How strange. This place is very unusual," she said. "Change of plans I suppose- let us head down the hallway." Whira started walking down the dark hallway.

Cravious followed her, shaking his head in disappointment, “They just don’t build things as good as they used to. The space in this place is obviously broken. Definitely not up to code. Well, my code. Skakdi don’t actually have a publicly agreed upon building code.

Not to mention the darkness is a little too dark as well. How do you even mess things up this badly? And that uneasiness in the air isn’t natural either, though not as strong as Irnakk’s influence. We should be ready for anything to happen at this point. I don’t trust this place.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

IC: Two - Rahkshi of Fragmentation and Life

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Sorilax, Knichou, Sidra, Vulimai, Ostrox, Atamai, Kilo, Skyra, (Others, probably)

Two watched the argument unfold, hearing the words and understanding them, but completely lacking the knowledge of the meaning behind them. The one father had pointed out, the silver Toa, had come over and created a chair from nothing to sit down in, but had not approached father to speak. So…

Two’s Stage 4 simple mind wasn’t sure what to make of the scenario. What should he do? He thought over father’s instructions again: If the one who just spoke to me wishes to speak again, mentally let me know.

Okay, so the silver Toa had sat down and wasn’t trying to speak to father, so he didn’t need to do anything other than his primary objective, which was to protect father at all costs.

His sleek head slowly swayed back and forth as he watched those gathered, his Life powers allowing him to sense their species and their location. They all had such nice masks, various colors glinting in the waning light, perfect for Illuminating. But father had not asked for that, so he withheld himself. His secondary objective was to protect others, so if a threat arose, he would combat it. And he was ready to do so. His body was at its peak condition, built for warfare.

His third objective was to eat. And having the power of Life, to provide sustenance for others. His fourth objective was to Illuminate, if the receiver agreed, of course.

He stood as a beacon of savagery restrained and repurposed, his brown coloring too earthy feeling to really relay the power that it represented. The militaristic gray color that made up most of his body spoke to his combat prowess, however, and the way the shadows clung to his slender form hinted at his increased durability and unnatural creation.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

Well, it wasn't much to go on, but it was something. "She went to sleep before waking up and changing..." Vashni said out loud in order for the others to hear, as way to let them know she was making progress of some kind. She focused back on Nixie in order to respond to her. 

.:Yes, I will help:. She told the afflicted Matoran. .:Would it be alright if I used my mask to try and...reverse the changes?:. She'd need to discuss it with the others, but before that she wanted Nixie's permission to attempt it. She didn't like using her mask against an unwilling subject under normal circumstances. 

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Toru Nui

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

“Oh, I see..." Skyra was silent for a while after that, thinking over what she'd just been told.

"I'm a certified pilot, and I helped kill two of the Barraki warlords. My wife still has the horn of that Carapar guy somewhere..." Skyra tapped her foot, what other credentials did she have?

"You guys let someone run off with two great disks? Shouldn't you be um...trying to get those back? Need help?" 

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

"Classic Sky, gettin' rules written in her name." Rose sighed wistfully. "Anyway, if all I gotta get is the bossman's permission, then that shouldn't be too hard. I doubt he'll say no to me!"

She subtly flexed again.

@BULiK

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

Triage watched nervously, nodding along to Vashni communicating Nixie's thoughts. It wasn't entirely new information, but having two people (the other being Okuo) who could speak with the afflicted Matoran was helpful.

@Snelly@Onaku@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

:You...know...reverse?:

Nixie glanced at Vhisola, while the other afflicted watched them, still pacing nervously. One of them kept nudging at Triage, bumping it's head into back of the Toa's knees whenever he took his eyes off of him.

The astronomer and her friend exchanged puzzled looks. Vhisola hadn't been asleep when she'd changed, she'd been woken up by Nixie's transformation earlier and managed to find Okuo before succumbing herself.

Nixie gave her the reptilian equivalent of a shrug before looking at Vashni again.

:Try...yes:

OOC: @Snelly@Onaku@Harvali@Tarn

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

He took a deep breath. Even if him and Okuo couldn't find a source for what was happening, if they could at least fix it...

"Go ahead," Triage said, trying to be as doctorly as possible--even if untested treatments weren't very safe. In terms of a cure, they hadn't gotten very far. Could it really be this simple?

@Snelly@Onaku@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

"Alright, here I go then..." Vashni took a deep breath before focusing all her attention on Nixie, activating her mask as she began her attempt to reverse the mutation. Vashni did not rush this process, going slowly and carefully. 

.:This may feel uncomfortable, but try to remain calm:. 

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Toru Nui @Harvali

• Like 2

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

"Well, I think both of us know that Barius is unlikely to accept the challenge." The warlord spoke without a hint of emotion, speaking as if he had not just ordained Barius' execution earlier that day.

His gaze lingered upon the Skakdi before him, trying to ascertain any sort of contempt or ambitious the elder Skak is holding against the warlord, but they were inscrutable in expression. A trait seemingly synonymous with his more psychically inclined kin. Most warlords feared such Skakdi, for even without the ability to use their element without another Skakdi, they feared what they could do with their powers. But Drukarus held no superstitious fear, and rather appreciated the foresight their company provided, himself being inscrutable to their intrusions.

The Skakdi before him held both aged wisdom, familiarity, and a cunning power. They would do for his needs. "Detsu, I would like to offer you a position as my right hand. I have business I must attend to in three days time, and so I must trust another with the preparations for the war."

OOC: @Conway

• Like 2

IC: Zadred - Ruins of Stone

"Not safe? That's... worrisome, to be certain." Zadred acknowledged, nodding with a contemplative expression before turning to Avka. "I think I saw the Akiri in the village on my way here. Perhaps one of you should go and warn him? Meanwhile, I'll try to relay this information to people in Kini-Koro since I'm headed there anyway. Never know when that group from the Earth Ruins might come through."

@Toru Nui@Harvali

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Conway said:

"Barius is dead," [Parnassus] said. "The final blow was struck by my hand, but the reins of his army are now grasped by Drukarus'. The old goat has proven himself more cunning and more underhanded than I could have anticipated, and I don't think he trusts me. I do not believe that Fort Nektann is safe for me anymore."

The Aspect of Makuta felt the weight of the warlord's heartlight in their hand and, looking their cousin in the eye, they held it out to him gently.

"I wish to come with you to the temple," Parnassus said. "I wish to meet with your Builders."

IC Stannis | Beyond Fort Nektann

Stannis clenched his jaw as he is eyes bored into the younger Aspect's soul. He was angry and disappointed, feelings he made no attempt at concealing in honor of the promise to be honest and clear as an equal with Parnassus, patron or not, and the gaunt masker of knowledge seemed to stand ever taller than the cowering cousin in the wake of Stannis' dark frustrations. Stannis silently judged his cousin, and he was not kind. 

His eyes splayed over the weathered armor that had gleamed golds and reds but had since fallen to sunbaked entropy, and even Parnassus' face looked tired and starved as though he had never slept for fear or anxiety. Stannis wondered if it was truly a response to things that transpired around Parnassus, though he quickly revised his assessment after a study of his sunken eyes; these were not the symptoms of anxiety from events whirling around him, but instead they were the scars of guilt and a weighed conscience. Stannis had given him the ability to sense emotions, and that came at a cost steeper than Parn could afford. He could see it then. 

He shook his head. "You imbeciles," he chided like a grandfather who caught children playing with a fired gun. "Do you realize what has been done? This heartlight and the brain it once sustained was the only true leash that bound Nektann's Legacy to anyone's will. A Tahtorak is now roaming unchecked upon Xa-Kas and fighting him will cost both lives and land nobody wishes to sacrifice. The scales of power are tipped towards chaos now. Barius was a petty prince who spent all his life yearning for the throne and didn't know what to do once he had it, he could have been controlled, guided, and constrained, but Drukarus... he is no such slouch." The fallen war chief was single-minded and used power like a clumsy cudgel, but the old warlord Drukarus had the aspiration and cunning to apply his skills with the finesse of a rapier, and his experience and competence made him dangerous. Together, Parnassus and Drukarus had the potential to be powerful regents for Barius, but if they played against each other... the conniving ones always win; Parn was right to fear the other. 

Perhaps... it was better that way, Stannis concluded. Drukarus was a vastly different leader, but he could be reasoned with—and, further, Stannis still maintained a hold on him, should such a safety be required. Drukarus would not be swayed by petty baubles and dreams of making a legacy because he had done that many times before. This was nothing new to him. 

Stannis looked at the offered heartlight that had been taken at such a high cost, and not at just Barius' expense. "There is not much life left in that anymore," he said slowly, his tone even and smooth as the dunes again. "If you wish to seal our fates together you will have to hurry. I have no intention to leave our bargain unsettled still."

• Like 5