Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Xaril - Crimson Galleon

The titan and one of his Keerahk companions stood on the observation deck as the Crimson Galleon cruised low along the coastline. This far from Metru Nui, the waters below were pure and unspoiled, the sea spray gentle and refreshing as the wind wafted it up towards the airship.

He was terrified of falling in the water, of being swallowed up by its darkened depths, but he could still respect its majesty, and admire it from afar. Xaril considered himself a mighty being, but no matter how hard he fought or how many he felled, he always made sure to remember that he was just a man, and no being, no matter how powerful they thought themselves to be, could compare to the might and power of nature itself. 

The slow sinking of Metru Nui was further evidence of that.

After a time, structures came into view on the shoreline, an encampment of some kind constructed around what looked to be one of the island's existing structures. The figures Xaril could see milling about in the distance looked like Toa and Matoran, but there were too few of them to be the entire population of the now-abandoned Metru-Koro. Perhaps they'd split up and formed multiple settlements? Regardless, it was good to have the location of at least some of the survivors. 

"Mark it on the map," he said to the Keerahk beside him, his orders being relayed through the Vahki hive mind network and carried out by one of the Vahki on the bridge, who promptly added a note to the rough map of the island. "Now take us past the village, we should-"

He broke off, a glimmer of light beyond the village catching his eye. He watched it closely as the airship continued on its way towards the village, until he finally realised what he was looking at: a city. Or at least, the ruins of one. The melting remnants of Knowledge Towers jutted high up out of the sand, and what looked to be the basis of an abandoned chute system rose above the other scattered structures. 

"Are you seeing this?" He glanced at the Keerahk, half-expecting the sight to be some kind of mirage or illusion. The scouts the League had sent out, and prisoners they'd captured, had said nothing about an entire ancient Metru sticking out of the sand, and that seemed a strange thing not to notice. The fact that the former residents of Metru-Koro had constructed a camp at the small ruin on the coast but not in the much larger structures suggested... something. 

The Vahki nodded. 

"Then take us over the ruins," Xaril ordered, "This warrants further investigation."

The Galleon veered eastward, passing almost directly over the Ruins of Ice as it moved towards the Relic Fields. 

OOC: Anyone at the Ruins of Ice or in the Relic Fields can notice and try to signal/radio/follow the airship if you wish.

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

Shadow is more than the absence of light. Most people don't realize the truth, with many simply seeing it as another element, with any negative associations only being spawned from religious doctrine or from the unnerving chill its touch caused. But Apex knew better than most, for she had experienced the true nature of shadow. Shadow was more than just the absence of light, it was the absence of everything, life included.

The Kumu-Peninsula, formerly islets, were the prime example of this truth, for it was a place of death. No true life could ever be born here, with the Aspects who are spawned here only ever being a facsimiles of true life, with even that falsehood eventually being cruelly torn away without thought nor consideration. Such a cruel act being evident in the desperate cries of Aspects long past, whose ultimate failures being eternally known to the residents of the peninsula.

Truly, the peninsula left Apex out of her element more than anything. surrounded by the shadows she so fervently feared and without a touch of plantlife or Rahi-life to connect too. Apex could just barely make her way along, one cautionary step along, with her jumping at each baleful howl or twitching shade. Apex was proud, fierce, and dominant, but here...She couldn't even find the strength to maintain even a false visage of such.

But still she  made her way forwards, following the feint cries that called to her, eventually arriving at one of the ancient shrines...As well as a small gathering located just outside of it.

OOC: @Crimson Jester @Burnmad @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC Drokk - Ash Barrens - Dead Forest:

After what felt like an age, the Fe-Skakdi rose once more, her joints groaning in protest. It was time to move on. She had another responsibility to attend to, and that was the discovery of a new source of fresh water. Her tribe had not had a Ga-Skakdi born in many generations, and the tribe was not like the WarSkaks, taking weaker skakdi to use as forced elemental partners. Nor would they, the Mesi or the Riggers ever help one lone tribe of traditionalists. Not without a price of some kind.

Drokk would not indebt her people to others like that. They would find their own way, as they always had. To that end, Drokk looked North. There, far off the coast, was a great spire. Tales handed down told of a great guardian of water who had once called the structure home. Drokk wasn't sure how much stock she held in such stories, but perhaps there would be some clue or sign of where she might find drinkable water for her people there. Once that was done, perhaps she could rest. Until then....

She grunted, and began the trek north along the coast of the Dead Forest.

• Like 2

IC: Skorm (Muaka Transport, En Route to Kumu Islets)

Why was Skorm out here? Besides supporting Kei and Irna. It wouldn't be easy to claw answers, if there were even any to be found, out of the Aspects. He stole a glance at the other two in the vehicle; he saw both Kei and Irna smiling. Shifting the transport into a new gear, Skorm smiled as well. With partners like them, he felt like he could take on a few titans.

"We're coming up on the swamp. Time to see if the walker mode works..." The Twi-Toa yanked on a lever by the seat and the vehicle slowly ground to a halt, sending up sprays of mud. The cab moved on its articulated struts, and several indicators came on as the wheels clamped into place. Slowly, the transport started crawling forward as it entered the muck of the Fau Swamp.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Conway

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Iradra - Kini-Nui Settlement

"Good. Having someone on the inside gives us options other than direct conflict. Anyway, as for the gashes; it varies, really. Construction work is sometimes a contributing factor too, but no more than one would expect. No further fatalities during my stay here that I'm aware of, which is good..."

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Taja | Kini-Nui

The wind passed over the mountains and tumbled down into the valley. It lost its chill as it descended, and became warm as it played through the trees. It rustled through the forest canopy; it made the grass dance. It swept clouds of dust over the stones of the Kini-Nui under Nuju's watchful eye. It carried stray leaves over the ground, and each leaf cast a little circular shadow as it tumbled through the air.

Taja counted the shadows as they passed by. One. Two. Three. Then she opened her eyes.

The Toa sat cross-legged on the grass, palms resting on her knees. Each breath was measured: three counts in, three counts held, three counts out. She had been practicing breath control and meditation for as long she could remember. It was a way to ground herself and find peace in the midst of whatever chaos surrounded her. The pattern was so familiar that she hardly needed to count anymore. It was as easy as, well, breathing.

Closing her eyes, Taja reached out with her mind again. She could sense every line and groove in the bark of the trees; every crack that held a shadow was hers to examine. Long grasses swayed under the sun; she could trace the miniscule hairs on the underside of each blade. And, if she pushed herself, she could reach out and just touch the underside of each cloud as it drifted lazily across the blue sky. She frowned slightly with the strain of extending her senses so far. It was especially difficult now, in the heat of the day, with the sun pressing down on her from every angle. The shadows were darker and denser, to be sure, but the light was distracting. It made her skin feel hot, and it made her eyes itch. Even with her eyes closed, she always kept her head slightly bent to keep the sunlight off her face.

She pushed her mind to ascend higher and higher, reaching for the dark undersides of the clouds. She smiled as she found one. It was an especially low-hanging cloud, and moving quickly. Was it really that windy up there? She mentally traced the shadows of each groove and rivet, and then her eyes snapped open and she looked straight up, heedless of the glaring sun, because this was definitely no cloud—it was an airship.

It wasn't one she recognized, and it was coming in hot. Taja got to her feet, mentally flipping through various plans in case the ship's pilot didn't figure out what they were doing, and fast. It looked like the ship was making a direct descent towards the fledgling village in the valley. She pondered whether or not she could summon a big enough shadow hand to catch the ship, or at least knock it off course. It would be easy enough at night, but in the heat of the day? Not a chance. Maybe she could launch herself up to the ship and take control? She'd been practicing surfing on disks made of shadow, but she wasn't exactly a pro yet. What if—

Her train of thought came to a halt when she saw a familiar figure arc across the blue sky. Her mouth carved itself into a wry smile. Knichou was on top of it, as usual. The Fe-Toa never let a heroic moment pass without seizing the karzahni out of it. The only downside was his penchant for awarding himself bigger and better titles with every escapade. When she'd first met him, he'd been a captain; that had turned into commander, and lately she'd been hearing admiral getting tossed around. She inwardly groaned every time she heard it. 

After a few nerve-wracking minutes, the airship's trajectory smoothed out, and it continued its descent toward the village at a more leisurely pace. Taja started jogging down the hillside to meet it, wondering idly how Knichou was going to spin this latest adventure. Maybe he'd skip admiral and go straight to the next title. What would that be—fleet admiral? Grand admiral? She chuckled and shook her head. The last thing that flyboy needed was another ego boost...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, BULiK said:

Knichou took hold of his joystick, which controlled the rotation of the ship. This joystick wasn't only used for pitch, yaw, and roll - there was a trigger, and on top, a thumbstick. Taking care to not move the joystick itself and flip the ship upside down, the engineer used his thumb to push the thumbstick, rotating the turret below the ship. The camera feed showed Knichou was correct in his assumptions.

The ex-Ghost let go of the stick and gave a chuckle, turning around to Nale as Stannis fiddled with the controls. "Heh, that's nea—"

He saw a forcefulness in her eyes he rarely had seen before, and the Toa sat deathly still, life draining from his face. Regardless of what Stannis might do, he had the feeling he just made a huge mistake.

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp

"Neat," Stannis finished the word for the lieutenant. "He he! pew! pew!" he joked, shooting finger guns at the ground, a sharp contrast of childlike amusement to his more astute personality. Suddenly, though, his face turned dark and stoic. 

"I'm joking, of course. Guns are not toys. But we're level now, so I'll open the hatch for you to get out and do whatever repairs you think you can do. Don't worry, Nale and I can handle the cockpit and commandeer this vessel for now.

He shot her a wink.

4 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

Zataka turned back to look at Yumiwak standing on deck. She doubted the princess trusted her any more or less than before - she didn’t either -  but she was certain she’d proven she was capable.

“So, your highness...what’s next?”

Yumiwak bit her lip. “Next… we sail for the Tooth.”

IC Yumiwak | Tactical Panda II

The trip east to Irnakk's Tooth was slow. Westward winds pushed the wondership back hard and made headway difficult to gain even with the straining of the kinetic engines and Ysocla's best efforts. For a time, I helped in the engine room myself, urging the turbines and making sure they didn't strain from the work. We passed through a quick storm, even, on the edges of the alps, before things smoothed over as soon as we hit the climax of the journey.

The downward portion of the trip went well. The winds turned in our favor and let us sail with relative ease down the mountains to the volcano. In these comparatively uneventful hours I whiled away in my quarters and read the old books passed down through Umbraline generations, working to rehash what I knew about the Rites. Truth is, we'd forgotten it a long time ago, and we haven't been able to raise a Kaiju of our own in a couple generations thanks to an ancestor losing it. The books I had gave hints of where to find the ancient ceremonies, though they would in fact be inside the volcano and not in any archived document. We would have to seek it out, much to my irritation. 

And then, finally, in the morning hours of the third day, we got sight of the Nightmare Walk, and my story would finally begin to unfold. One small problem, however: 

"Miss Yumi—Mesi."

I gnashed my teeth. Time to but the Panda's tactical cannon to use. I gave a quick order to load it with ordnance then called everybody's attention to me.

"Everybody up and at 'em, this is an all-hands mission!" I hailed, rousing everyone's attention on me. "Once we're clear to go in we'll leave two volunteers with the ship to guard it and the rest of us will head into the Volcano. I'll be honest with everyone, I don't know everything about what will happen inside, but just like with the city in the Head I will be leading everyone back out again. We're in this to-ge-ther, and then when we're done we'll be taking the fight to the Warskaks for what they did to our home. But first, we get inside. The Mesi would keep is from getting what we want and I don't know why they would, but we will deal with them anyway. We have guns, air support, and... we have a Zataka."

I gave the warlord a quick happy look. "You handled one Mesi warband already, so what's another?"

Bit first, I thought with a bloodthirsty rage, time to play with my toyI sat in the operator's seat for the ominous cannon on the deck of my ship, trained it's muzzle at the ground below and the ARC that guarded the way to the depths of the volcano, and fired. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
apparently there is a welcoming party >_>
  • Like 4

IC: Reliable Narrator | Irnakk’s Tooth

Marrow’s ACR rested in the way of the doorway, blocking the stacked skakdi skulls on either side of the portal into a descent through madness from view. Marrow entered bravely, but found himself battered by the visions on his pilgrimage into the dark. His memories felt torn and stitched back into a misshapen facsimile of their past whole. Something was missing, he didn’t know what but he knew something was gone by the time he reached the jutting lip of stone that extended out over a smoking darkness below. Marrow heard the laughter of the pit witches -- beings even Mesi feared -- and the rattling of the chains beneath the stony lip where once, thousands of years ago, six toa dangled before their cursed afterlife.

Without sight, Marrow felt more. He felt power, ancient and terrible, all around him. The power to break, the power to mind, and the power to drive all into madness. He also felt something warm drip onto his shoulder: saliva.

You are twisted, poor thing. Speak, tell me what hurts you my prized.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai was sitting down on a spot overlooking Kini-Koro, eating a sandwich. Behind him was Malhukuraia, sitting in a lotus position. The mech was shackled by its arms and legs to a large metal floor that had been stuck into the ground. Atamai had been forced to take that precaution when a few weeks ago he had found out that Malhukuraia could move on its own; when that happened he had to scramble to get into the cockpit and move the ACR back.

As the Toa chewed his food, he contemplated on what had happened the previous month. He had released Malhukuraia from its bonds, helped relocate refugees from Metru-Koro, and finally took a look at that memory crystal Knichou had given him. In it he had found a lot of information, Nuparu's musings on the Kanoka machine, and designs and blueprints for inventions created by the Nynrah Ghosts. 

As a practice for his newly expanded elemental powers, Atamai took up a side hobby of replicating one of the designs he had seen in the crystal, a nanite that could communicate and work cooperatively with other nanites. It took a while for him to figure out how to create the materials, but once he got the hang of it, he was pumping out nanites like nobody's business. He was able to make enough to create a nanite cloak for himself. If he could still feel emotions, he would probably have been proud. 

Atamai looked up and noticed two airships in the distance. He could tell that one was the Taku, but he didn't recognize the other one. The vehicles began to descend. 

Atamai scarfed down the rest of his sandwich and stood up, lightly dusting crumbs off himself. He picked up his belongings and began to make his way over to where he had seen the airships land.

• Like 2

IC: Marrow - Irnakk's Tooth

"Your prized?" He scoffed, his words coming out soft and strained as his pretence at bravery and defiance faltered. The unfathomable, foulness that permeated this place crushed down on him like a sodden blanket, crushing and cold. Something dripped on his shoulder, something that he wanted to believe was simply water trickling off stalactite, but knew was not. 

"The skakdi you favour... the ones who oppress my kind... the monsters you made for them... the Tahtorak..." he stammered, struggling to string together the sentence. All of the words he'd had prepared for his trip down here had scattered, and he fought desperately within his own mind to claw them back into coherence. "I want to know how to... destroy them... or..." he felt sickened by the words even as he said them, "... or create my own." 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

A single beam of afternoon sunlight fell through the half-open sliding doorway at the top of the stairs into the room beyond. Niidak saw the trail of blood on the floor thicken, drawing her gaze deeper to the back of the room where she saw its source: a maskless toa propped against the far wall, one leg splayed out at an angle, the other pulled up close. Her blue armor was mostly covered by dark rags, small triangular studs peeking out along the fabric. Her eyes were closed, brow knitted in concentration, and her face looked frozen in a painful grimace. One of the toa’s hands rested on a sparking wound to the abdomen, and her hand was coated in her open blood. Niidak would be forgiven for thinking the toa was dead. She looked almost a fixture of the wall. Niidak could tell based on the cracks in the wall around the toa that she’d been thrown there, either as an accident or in a conflict the vortixx wasn’t keen enough to be sure.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp (Kini-Koro Airspace)

Nale shrugged at Knichou, not entirely sure what the wink meant, other than general playfulness. The old man worked in mysterious ways, with a personality as fluid as waters around the island, she thought. "Maybe I can get a tour of the vessel, eh?" she said to Stannis with a tilt of her head. She looked back to Knichou. "Just stay clear of the gun, okay?" Nale whispered, her expression very serious.

@BULiK@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Airspace

For all his smarts and technical knowhow, only now did Knichou realize the potential worries now that he had given the infamously technologically inept Toa the keys to the turret mounted underneath the ship. You know, the one that's pointed where the front landing gear is supposed to be? As Nale pointed this out to him, he responded. He lacked anything witty to add, keeping himself as serious as she was, even if he knew he wasn't in any danger from Stannis.

"I will, don't worry."

Knichou slowly nodded back to Stannis. He leaned forwards, flipping off the MASTER ARM switch and flicking the protective cover back on. Getting out of the co-pilot's seat, he exited via the open ramp on the starboard side. He lept off the ramp, using his armor's jets to fly back up to the underside of the airship. Slowing down, Knichou grabbed onto the edge of the opening where the landing gear was stored, holding himself steady and using his armor to lessen the strain on his arm. The toa used his other arm and began to shape the metal inside, the stub of the landing gear that remained slowly getting smoothed out and extended as the engineer used his powers over iron.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp

"Oh, certainly," Stannis said and left the airship on autopilot. It was probably better that way, anyway—he couldn't fumble accidentally and shoot the gun or send the airship in a death spiral that way. "This is the cockpit."

He got up, pointed at the little hallway, and then led Nale down towards the stern of the Alp. "From what I can tell, this is a unique aircraft, probably made by some Metru Nui magnate who never got much chance to use his pleasure yacht. Perhaps he defaulted on a loan and had it repossessed, or lent it out for the scientific societies to use. It seems to be largely built for pleasure rather than utility, which means it has two furnished single-person cabins, a kitchenette with a wet bar, a small laboratory that looks retrofitted, and also... these views." He swept his arm expansively as they entered the aft-most cabin with the posh leather sofa, ornate coffee table, and the spherical window that offered impeccable views of the valley, mountaintops, temples, and village in almost all degrees. 

@Tarn

• Like 4

"Interesting," she replied, walking over to the sofa and testing how it felt with her hand before taking a seat on it. Comfy. The Taku should have one, she thought.

The view was quite beautiful, and it reminded Nale that this place certainly had Metru-Koro beat in the looks department. "I've not seen many ships like her. You're lucky to have a ride like this, and with all the amenities...we spent a lot of time refitting the Taku to where it is now. Knichou can tell you all about that."

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

1 hour ago, EmperorWhenua said:

But first, I thought with a bloodthirsty rage, time to play with my toyI sat in the operator's seat for the ominous cannon on the deck of my ship, trained it's muzzle at the ground below and the ARC that guarded the way to the depths of the volcano, and fired. 

IC: Opal, Hakkzan, Scarrow, Weaver - Irnakk's Tooth.

The four Mesi were used to silence. With their backs turned to the sunlight and open air of the cavern entrance, they could almost pretend they were still underground, away from the sky and the sun, and the savagery and suffering of the world above. 

The silence they sat in now was a contemplative one. They knew the plan, understood why Marrow had led them to this wretched, but that didn't make the place any less unsettling. The thought of the lives that had been lost here, and the monsters their murders had birthed, brought the grim reality of the evil they were up against to the forefront of all their minds.

It was Scarrow who broke the silence. Every few minutes, he turned back towards the entrance, straining his photosensitive eyes as he used his telescopic vision to check for approaching danger. The ground to the east was his focus, since that was the direction a warband would approach from, but as he turned he happened to catch a glimpse of a dark shape in the sky, growing larger as it approached.

"We have incoming," he said. 

The others tensed, readying their weapons and rising to their feet.

"Warskaks?" Opal asked, while Weaver - the only other seeing member of the party - leaned past the parked Reprisal to get a better look. 

"It looks like... a flying boat?" Scarrow replied, turning away and wiping his watery eyes. 

"Flying boat?" Hakkzan scoffed, "You can't be-"

"They're firing at us!" 

Weaver's warning came too late, as chunk of crystal careened into the Reprisal, mangling the armour of its lower torso and rending one of its legs completely asunder. The empty ACR was flung backwards, crumpling against one of the cavern walls while chips of shattered stone and cracked crystal ricocheted around it. The four skakdi who'd been standing beside or behind it were scattered in the impact, only Weaver managing to escape unscathed by dropping to the ground and covering herself with her shield. 

The others staggered to their feet, ears ringing, skin stinging from bruises and lacerations. Beyond the pain and panic of the abrupt attack, the same thought occupied all of their minds, the grim realisation that they couldn't take on the airship, nor retreat down the mountainside.

There was only one place they could go, and it was Opal who put the horrific thought into words. "Fall back, into the cavern!" 

And so the foursome fled, down into the dark in pursuit of their leader. 

@EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 5

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II (Irnakk's Tooth)

Korio was very excited to hear that Irnakk's Tooth was currently being visited by Mesi. A nice bit of action he could take part in, and what would have been a chance to upstage Zataka after she'd wasted so many before, had it not been for Yumi's new toy. He got up, one foot resting on the railing as he nocked an arrow in his crossbow and scanned the area below, watching the Panda's newest weapon do its work. "Ah, mates musta had the same idea we were having. She'll be right, I'll prick 'em with a few arrowheads and finish 'em--ah, bloody."

He lowered his crossbow. "They're runnin'. Let's get at 'em."

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Bronk & Twesh (Ko-Pou)

Shivering at the base of the Ice Ruins, Bronk stood staring out into the distance towards the head of Mata-Nui. Most of the Matoran Guards stationed at Ko-Pou were prone to complaining, at least those Matoran who didn't take up Whisper up on her offer for Ice Resistance or who weren't already accustomed to such frigid chills, but Bronk, he wasn't one to complain. Turning his gaze, he looked towards the top of the ruins, where stationed was Twesh, his Kanoka launcher in hand.

Bronk doubted that Twesh appreciated the cold, and pitied the poor Le-Matoran for having to be stationed up there, where it was probably the coldest. But, out of all the Matoran who stuck with the guard, Twesh had the keenest optics out of them all. Honestly, Bronk didn't have enough fingers to count the number of times the Le-Matoran's keen sight and incredible aim saved his, and the rest of the squads, lives. Truly, if it wasn't for the incredible anxiety Twesh had, Bronk could have imagined him being one of the best Akilini players ever.

Starting to head up the stairs of the ruins to get warmed up by the heatstone generator, Bronk's attention was taken by the nervous shouts of Twesh as they frantically pointed out into the distance. Peering out into the distance, Bronk could barely make out what Twesh was hollering about, an airship.

"Everyone, get inside!" Bronk called out to the nearby guards, who immediately went to work running into the ruins. Bronk for his part quickly, or as quickly as he could with the inherent malaise that came with his infected mask, entered the structure where the mutated Matoran were being kept.

"Airship, comin' in from the north!"

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

"That's good to know that the injuries aren't because of any sort of immediate threats, and yes, it is good that we haven't loss anyone so far..." Vulimai stood there for a few moments longer, shuffling her feet before she spoke up again, curiosity ringing in her words, "...Could you tell me about this Toa Zaliyah? What I know of them is only what Quartermaster Bronk told me and what rumors I've heard about them from others. I was unfortunately unable to meet them when they first came to Metru-Koro, so I'm curious...Do you think a real peace could have been made with them? Or were they just a League soldier following orders?"

OOC: @Onaku

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp

"I take it that the Taku is not the flying steel storage container it was when we first ran for our lives in it?" Stannis asked in jest. He joined Nale, sitting down on the other end of the couch and looking out at the valley with her. "So much that we thought were sureties have changed. Places, events, the company we keep... and that changes us, in kind. We are not meant for such rapid shifts, and it traumatizes us."

@Tarn

At my command the Panda swerved and came to rest on a flat place near the entrance; we had, in entirety, supplanted the Mesi as gatekeepers. I commanded one of the leftover crew to man the cannon in my absence once we settled on the ground and wasted no time in packing my heat and leading the way into the Tooth's cavernous entrance.

I didn't know why the Mesi were here, but I wanted to make sure they didn't accomplish what they came for. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Niidak narrowed her eyes as she gazed inside at the dying Toa. Briefly, she thought that as terrible her life had been, at least she wasn’t bleeding out on the floor in an abandoned building. 

Still suspecting it to be a trap, she pushed the door fully open and carefully entered the room, looking around herself. She was trying to see if there were any traps or ambushers in wait, while also wondering if the Toa’s missing mask was somewhere nearby. The worst case scenario was that whoever had almost killed the Toa was still around, and they would not be happy to see her.

Her grip on her dagger’s handle tightened as she approached the Toa, wondering if she was still alive. Once she was several steps away from her, she stopped and decided to find out if the seemingly unconscious Toa was responsive to speech.

”...Hello? Are you still there?”

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Shelter

Okuo was startled by the sudden alert, turning to face the Matoran guard with a worried frown, before hurriedly stepping outside to see the red airship fly overhead toward the so named Relic Fields. He turned to Triage with a grim expression. "This can't be good... Looks like we're going to be having company." Looking behind him at the other people stationed at Ko-Pou, his expression turned determined and caring. "All of you, hold the fort here. Keep everyone safe, okay? We'll be back soon." With that, Okuo was off in the general direction of the abandoned Metru-Koro, wrapping the scarf tighter around himself as the cold weather of the region began to bite into his vulnerable Ta-Elemental physique.

@Tarn@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

Iradra's serene expression shifted slightly, and for a moment she seemed to have a thousand yard stare right through Vulimai's skull. Then, the moment passed, and she seemed to refocus on the matoran before her, though her expression had subtly turned into a sombre one. "Yes... I think she could have ensured peace."

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: Bronk (Ko-Pou)

Bronk simply nodded his head to Okuo as he made his way up towards the ruin stairs and entered the ruins. Entering the ruins, Bronk followed the chamber halls as Matoran Guards readied themselves in case the airship decided to land near the ruins. Bronk, as per his duty, headed towards the deepest portions of the ruins, where still active, was the portal back to Kini-Nui.

Passing through the portal, Bronk jogged up the grassy hills as he approached Kini-Koro in search of Vulimai.

Vulimai let out a quiet sigh at Iradra's answer before responding, "Yeah...I was worried you would say that. If only I got there before Sans sent them off, to think that at least half of this would've never happened if I was there...Well, one last question before I leave you to enjoy the rest of your day. Do you know where Achro or Ostrox currently are? I've informed the guard to keep an eye on them, but it would be nice to know where they are at all times."

• Like 1

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

"I'm sure it's nothing," Triage said, not believing his own words. "As long as they pass over and don't stop for drinks." Klawne was free to join them if she wanted, but the medic was quick to follow Okuo out the door. The chill of the region cut through him, and he found himself clutching to his satchel as if it would warm him, before remembering it could. Reaching into a side pocket, he produced a heatstone and uncovered its container, beckoning Okuo to stick close to him as they started their journey to what remained of Metru-Koro.

@Onaku@Toru Nui

"You speak the truth," she replied, although she wasn't looking at Stannis. Her optics were still gazing out the window at Kini-Nui. "Yes, the Taku has changed just as much as Knichou and I have. I'm sure there's something poetic in there, about that." Nale smiled at the thought, but it then faded as she turned her head towards the Toa of Stone.

"You're old, but not a fool. Surely you've put things together about him and I."

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II to Irnakk's Tooth

Korio leapt over the side of the ship, keeping pace with Yumiwak as well as a hunched over Skakdi could. His signature grin was even bigger than usual, and the adrenaline of the chase was distracting him from just how creepy his surroundings became as they entered Irnakk's Tooth proper.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II, Irnakk's Tooth:

Ysocla carefully lowered herself off the side of the Panda before ambling after Korio and Yumiwak. Much to her dismay there wasn’t any way that Justice would fit within the tight tunnels of Irnakk’s Tooth.

Probably wouldn’t be a good idea to bring it inside this place even if it could fit, she thought to herself.

Encountering Mesi in this area was a bit unusual as they mostly stuck to their holes in the ground. While Ysocla didn’t have much ire with the Mesi, every encounter she had previously experienced with them had been hostile, and she had no desire to let them take the initiative. Fighting them wasn’t exactly just, but it was going to be necessary.

I’ll take the rear,” she told the others as they entered the tunnels. “Feel free to run ahead if you’re intent on catching them. I may not be suited for the terrain, but I’ll catch up eventually if need be.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp

"Some people confuse my Wandering with Doddering," the old man said and chuckled lightly. For some, age dulled the senses, but for others it sharpened them with wisdom. Stannis liked to think he fell in the latter category of the two. "Of course I have, and what of it? Should I judge either of you unkindly for it? Who you like, who you love, who you put up with are not matters of my concern, nor should they be anyone's but your own, Nale. If you are happy and the bond is healthy and good, then that should be that."

He let the thought settle a moment before adding, "But if it were unhealthy and you were bound by trauma alone... well, that would be a different matter, wouldn't it? There has been much upheaval, and all in all so very little time to heal. How are you, sister Nale?

She realized the old wizard's eyes were boring into her.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

Her optics met Stannis', icy blue flickering behind her Kakama as she blinked a couple times, thinking. "I am much better than I was...how long has it been now? Over a month ago, when we first came here." She decided it was best to neglect mentioning Arkius at the moment.

Nale didn't pull her gaze away as she continued. "I like to think Knichou helped with that," she said, half-smiling. "But it was myself, and the communities that had formed, that truly brought me back up. I'll be honest, joining the Taku was the best choice I ever made. After everything that had happened, it gave me something to do."

She thought back to Kanohi's kindness, those she had first met in the old villages, and the ship's crew. Her friends. "It wasn't a sudden thing, you know. Knichou and I. But as we spoke, and as we worked alongside eachother..." She then chuckled warmly as she broke eye contact, looking back at the view outside the Alp's window. "There are certain feelings we tend to suppress, waiting for the 'right moment.' But acting on feelings...can be dangerous," she said. It was something, she thought, that could apply to other parts of life beside romantic relationships. Something she learned while looking through a scope.

"I took a leap."

Nale looked down at her arm, at the nanites that now covered her gauntlets and could turn to bucklers at her will. A reminder of Knichou, always a part of her. "I'm glad I did."

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Earth

"You have proved yourself worthy once already, Arkius NUVA Proxima," came the Administrator's reply. "You have seen the light of the Krom. Surely you need neither hints nor help to solve the mysteries within."

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn @The UltimoScorp @pokemonlover360 @

• Like 1

While the conversation ensued inside, Knichou was busy fixing the landing gear. It wasn't the most elegant task - just some protosteel and springs, but working on something so simple was relaxing to a degree. Luckily for Knichou, the majority of the mechanism to deploy the landing gear was still intact inside of the airship, so he wouldn't have to deal with the electronics at all. After a minute to two, the landing gear was complete. While he was at it, he smoothed out the scrapes on the underside of the hull.

Knichou let go of the hull and flew to a hover in front of the bridge. Nale and Stannis couldn't be seen inside, strange. This would make things harder, but Knichou could handle it. He reached out with his feelings, focusing on the lever to retract the landing gear. He used his iron powers to pull the lever while remaining outside the cockpit, and there was a mechanical whirr as each leg of the tripod slowly retracted into the hull and were covered by panels. The Toa of iron dropped downwards slightly to inspect his work and ensure everything locked fully into place.

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Vulimai let out a short, emotionless laugh at Iradra's question before taking a step closer and taking a seat next to them. "Now isn't that the million widget question everyone has been asking themselves...Now, if you're asking if I believe he exists? Well, I think the severed head on the horizon makes it pretty hard to argue that point." Though humor was within Vulimai's words, her tone and expression left such humor dry and empty as several silent seconds passed by. "But to be honest. I don't think I ever believed in him, even before the war. I never believed in him."

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Korruhn’s Campfire) - No Gods or Kings

"No, they are not. I’d rather have nothing to do with them, to be completely honest. But the necessity for survival overcomes petty things such as race or creed. People either accept this and get over themselves - or they die, hungry and alone. You don’t have to like it, I certainly DON’T.  It’s just the nature of things."

Even through the howling wind, Waveahk could just faintly hear the sound of Apex and Morangad approaching...

@Unreliable Narrator@Crimson Jester@Sparticus147@Burnmad

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Command Quarters) - I Am the Keymaster

Well, that was... interesting. Navu tried to make it look like she hadn’t looked through it at all, closed the drawer, and made her way to the ship's armoury, key in hand.

@BULiK

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Standing Firm

Klawne stayed inside to watch over Nixie and Vhisola, as Okuo requested.

@Vezok's Friend@Onaku@Tarn

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 2

IC: Arkius - Ruins of Earth

Arkius let out a dry chuckle as he and the group moved on into the next chamber. "I'm not the one who needs to prove themselves here."

@Eyru@The UltimoScorp@pokemonlover360@Tarn

The enrobed toa nodded as Vulimai explained her atheistic past and present. "I was never much of a believer myself, but especially not after the disease that mutilated me and decimated my village. I think I had a hint of faith sparked when suddenly I was bestowed the gift of Toahood and cured of my ailment... but even that was quickly cast into doubt when the word ended almost immediately afterwards. After what Ostrox told me, though... I believe." Iradra's expression, understanding, changed to something more intense while on the surface she seemed to retain her composure. "I believe the Great Spirit, should he still exist, poses a direct and undeniable threat to everything we still have."

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: The Taku, Kini-Koro Hillside

Ah yes, the Taku's armory, a rather quaint looking shed in the center of the upper deck. The sliding door of the room faced the stern, and it was, in fact, locked. Inside the room was an array of shelves and crates, packed with kanoka and explosives. Several racks were full of imposing electro rockets, and many cases of lightstone machine gun ammunition belts were tucked in the corner, properly labelled and powered off.

The Kanoka were stored in two areas - one full of stacks of levitation and weight increase disks, the other holding every other combination the Taku had on hand.

• Like 2

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Armoury) - It's Spelt With a 'U' in My Country

Navu took as many Levitation Disks as she could carry - five of them stacked on top of each other, and set them down just outside the armoury, before locking it up again with the key. She then picked the Kanoka stack up again, and set off towards the cargo bay and the exit, the key still on her person. Performing basic manual labour was, after all, her one redeeming quality.

@BULiK

• Like 1

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai eventually found where he had seen the airships descend. There was the Taku, and next to it was an airship of a slightly different design. Atamai didn't recognize it. But he did recognize the Toa hovering around it.

"A new toy, Knichou?" Atamai called.

OOC: @BULiK

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira, Cravious, and Tekmo continued to search for either energized protodermis or Tekmo's friends.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @Kal the Guardian Hey UN, would you mind sending us somewhere neat in Kumu? Thx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onaku said:

Arkius let out a dry chuckle as he and the group moved on into the next chamber. "I'm not the one who needs to prove themselves here."

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of Earth:

As this unit recalls, Arkius only received powers by being next to Ally Atamai when the NUVA device was activated, while this unit and Ally Jutori actually helped solve the ruin puzzles,” the machine observed as the group entered the next room.

OOC: @Eyru@Onaku@The UltimoScorp@Tarn

• Like 4

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Knichou was distracted by someone addressing him from below. Atamai? I guess Stannis's introduction was hard to miss. Knichou only met Atamai just before the collapse, yet it was still strange to see how much he'd changed since then. The NUVA appeared to be wearing a new toy of his own, but Knichou would have to discuss that with his fellow Toa of iron later. He continued to hover mid air, and responded to the former archivist.

"For once, no - this ship is Stannis's"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

"Do us a favor and turn off your vocal synthesizer until you're spoken to, Ally Kilo." Arkius said with barely contained vitriol, the sarcasm practically dripping off the last two words like molten tar.

@pokemonlover360@Tarn@The UltimoScorp@Eyru

IC: Okuo - To Metru-Koro

Taking one of the larger bikes parked at Ko-Pou, the two toa sped off toward the abandoned village, with Okuo grateful for the heatstone Triage had provided. Eventually, they crossed the boundary from the snowy mountains of Ko-Pou and the Ice Ruins, into the sparsely grassy plains and hills of the formerly populated Metru-Koro in the north. All the while, Okuo kept an eye on the red ship headed in the same direction, dread spreading over his Rau features. "I really hope this doesn't get messy... Last thing we need right now is another conflict with the League."

@Tarn

• Like 1