The number of viewers declining.

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. When I was looking over in Wikipedia about the number of episodes in Ninjago, there appears to be a decline in viewers. It started at 2.85 million viewers, but it now had 0.17. You think Ninjago is losing its touch a little? Do you think it would end sometimes this year or maybe next? I have a feeling it could be. That’s how Nexo Knights’ TV show ended after two years (2016-2017), and there was no season for its 5th and final set wave in early 2018. Pitiful. :( 

One thing that I want Ninjago to do is to say what are all sixteen realms (I hope NK would be one of them for its sake because of similarities). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ninjago_episodes

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

According to Google, there are 13 seasons of Ninjago. I challenge you to name a TV show that maintained the same level of success past its fifth.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The way that people watch TV has changed a lot in the past ten years because of the rise of streaming services, especially for children. No cartoon is getting over a million views regularly anymore. And Ninjago in particular gets very little advertisement on Cartoon Network when it airs new episodes, which is the only time it airs.

With Wikipedia you really gotta look at the sources to determine how seriously you should take the information. And for some reason, there are vandals who like to randomly change numbers in articles about children's television programs, but it looks like all the information here is sourced. 

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 3 weeks later...

could it be ninjago plays at like 8 in the moring on Sundays when kids are sleeping in. Plus the fact the episode only played like once In 2012 it at least had prime time showings for at least season 1 and 2 from what I remember as a kid. The tournament of elements was when stuff got weird for airing. At least from my memory 

I never really got into Ninjago when it first came out, but one of my young cousins did since he was a young kid when it launched. He is now 16 with a driver's license in High School, he might still have some interest in Ninjago but there is much more going on in his life now beyond just Lego. 

Kind of the same issue Bionicle ran into eventually, you just hit a point where the original fandom ages out, its hard to bring in new fans, and eventually it trickles away (until the mid-20 something to mid 30 something year olds get a nostalgia kick and start demanding their old toy back en mass). Its commendable how Lego has kept Ninjago going for so long, but no surprise that its not drawing the same crowds as when it was brand new ten years ago. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!