Building a New Type of LEGO Game

It's Wednesday, which means that a new episode of the Bits N' Bricks podcast has been released on YouTube and other podcast platforms. In Episode 6 - LEGO Builder's Journey, journalist Brian Crecente and documentarian Ethan Vincent look at the creation of this fairly recent game and how the studio grew from within LEGO to be and independent company supported by LEGO Ventures (which also is apparently a thing?). I remember hearing a lot of positive buzz about this game when it first came out on Apple Arcade, but sadly it was locked behind a paywall on a platform I didn't own. Thankfully, the podcast seems to suggest that not only will they be bringing it to other systems, they are still working on expanding it and adding more content! I'm excited to see what the future holds for Light Brick Studio.

View the full article

To be honest, this episode had very little of interest to me. I don't recall ever hearing about that mobile game "Lego Builder's Journey", and besides, despite having installed a few various Lego game apps on my phone a year or two ago, I have still not yet had enough time to spare to really check out any of them. Anyway, kind of notable that an early build of that game turned out to be difficult to play until some basic instructions we provided to start things off, but that was pretty much the only thing I found interesting enough to even mention here.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.