Bionicle Smash!

Nujuat

BIONICLE SMASH

Well, I was at my friend's house this afternoon and we both LOVE bionicle, so we went to see if BZP was back up. I have been waiting for ages, because I never wanted to do a final release of Bionicle Smash with it out of order. I am very happy now.For new guys (although I don't think there will be any), Bionicle Smash is a project I started in 2010 to celebrate 10 years of Bionicle. When I found out it was the last year of bionicle as well, I decided to make it special and have EVERY SINGLE Bionicle set EVER. I have nearly reached that goal, I think I have only left out Gudunka (I can't find a sprite) and some of the glatorian vehicle guys (because I don't like them). But to make up I have lots of MNOLG characters and characters like Dark709 and Gavla. It is a fighting style game like Super Smash Bros. It's 2.5D.Features:

• [*]over 200 characters[*]over 25 stages[*]play 1 player against smart AI[*]play 2 players with your friends[*]2.5D[*]Familiar areas and characters[*]-NEW- Powerups[*]-NEW- Escape a match without escaping the game with <esc>[*]WARNING: BIG FILE SIZE DUE TO MASSIVE CHARACTER ROSTER

Some of the music tracks are missing for some reason, this is not my fault. I don't really want to go back and put them all in again because I already have 2 other projects I'm working on at the moment.Talking about other projects, I've developed a heap of games not related to Bionicle in the past... year. My main game was Drawing Galaxy. It has 100 levels of drawing planets to get to the goal. I also have made the first publicly released GameMaker Facebook game! It only took 3 hours including all the uploading, but it is still and achievement.Here is my game website (which now has free online games):-LINK-It has just about all of my published work on it.My friend and I are thinking of making a MNOLG3, but it may be a while...Anyway, I hope you enjoy the FINAL build of Bionicle Smash...EDIT: Wow, the forums have been up for THAT LONG! I guess I never went to the forums from inside BZP (google gives the old site). Oh well...

Edited by Nujuat
5747878.pngLink to site with forums removed. -B6

I downloaded it, but when I try to start it seemingly nothing happens. I get the typical "are you sure you want to run this file" message, but after that it goes back to the desktop with no game. No application entry, no process in the task manager. I've "unblocked" the file, added an exception to it in the firewall... doesn't work. Basically I have a 100 MB dummy file sitting here.Any ideas about what could be wrong?

I downloaded it, but when I try to start it seemingly nothing happens. I get the typical "are you sure you want to run this file" message, but after that it goes back to the desktop with no game. No application entry, no process in the task manager. I've "unblocked" the file, added an exception to it in the firewall... doesn't work. Basically I have a 100 MB dummy file sitting here.Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Yes, when I uploaded it, there was some kind of error at 98%, but the file still apeared so I thought it worked. It's reuploaded now, tell me if it still doesn't work.

It ran now after the re-upload.I like the sheer amount of characters and stages you have included, and how you can play as even creatures like the Hydruka. Unfortunately the game doesn't feel entirely solid. The movement is a bit "floaty", and the battle generally boils down to spamming the "attack" key. Some stages also have unpredictable and seemingly non-sensical effects, like a giant purple instant-kill wave on one. I also got some errors here and there, that I unfortunately can't remember off the top of my head.Don't get me wrong, it's a nice game. It's just not one I feel all that drawn to playing for a long time. I did battle my sister once or twice, but since we were basically just tapping our respective keys as quickly as possible, it didn't last long.

Oh, sorry I didn't say before, the purple insta-kill is a powerup that your ememy got. It's like a final smash. There are different sorts depending on the power you have. Water is a tidal wave and air is a (badly drawn) tornado.I know it's not perfect, but I kinda gave up after the forums went online and I'm already doing other stuff in GM that isn't Bionicle related now.Also thanks for playing!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember suggesting elemental power-ups back in the old topic. Any chance I influenced you? :P

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.