What was the "thing" or "creature" that tied vakama in the movie Legends of Metru Nui?

Uriki

Hello, this is my first topic here, so if it has already been dealt with, say so .... A question that I have since the movie Legends of Metru Nui came out, is that it was the thing that had tied to Vakama, this scene can be seen when the toa are recovering the great kanoka disc. :smilevakama:

@Cubetted y 2 páginas más - Personal_ Microsoft​ Edge 2_02_2021 10_19_49.png

That would be the Morbuzakh! A monstrous plant living beneath the city that had been attacking Matoran.

In the Bionicle books and comics, the Morbuzakh was a larger plot point, and was actually the main reason the Toa Metru collected the Great Disks (they were the only thing that could stop the Morbuzakh, according to Vakama's vision). The movie skipped over all that.

• Like 4

sigbanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 8:10 AM, ZeldaTheSwordsman said:

I never forgot about it.That was one of two things that particularly bugged me about the movie: The Morbuzakh never being mentioned by name, given it was the driving force of the early 2004 storyline. The other thing was mostly forgetting the Toa's elemental powers.

Indeed it was so heavily focused on mask being a priority with their rookie toa status. Their elemental powers and proper usage of the tools would have greatly helped them with the Vahki police and Nidhiki/Krekka and. Only notable tool usage was Toa Onewa breaking a pillar of protodermis, while earlier Matau was clumsy and crashed into a poster.

The elemental power was barely used until they sealed Makuta in the crystal at the end.

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)

That was one of two things that particularly bugged me about the movie: The Morbuzakh never being mentioned by name, given it was

the driving force of the early 2004 storyline.

It made sense not to name it, given that it plays no part at all in the movie story, which is all about (in addition to the Toa) Lhikan, the Dark Hunters, Dume and Makuta.

Its 'cameo' was just a little reference for those who knew the full story.

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2021 at 10:16 AM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

The elemental power was barely used until they sealed Makuta in the crystal at the end.

The reason why the elemental powers weren't used was because (in the books) the Toa Metru had used up all their elemental reserve fighting the Morbuzakh. That's why they couldn't use them to prove to "Turaga Dume" and the matoran they were Toa. That's why there was such a push for them to figure out their mask powers, which they eventually were able to do thanks to Lhikan.

They also didn't mention that in the movie, so yes it does seem really weird that they seemed to "forget" they could use them until the very end when they imprison Makuta.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

20 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

The reason why the elemental powers weren't used was because (in the books) the Toa Metru had used up all their elemental reserve fighting the Morbuzakh. That's why they couldn't use them to prove to "Turaga Dume" and the matoran they were Toa. That's why there was such a push for them to figure out their mask powers, which they eventually were able to do thanks to Lhikan.

They also didn't mention that in the movie, so yes it does seem really weird that they seemed to "forget" they could use them until the very end when they imprison Makuta.

I completely forgot about that detail, but now that you mention it I recall it being extremely important in the Toa Metru's fight against the Krahka.

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i: