Top 10 Dumbest Bionicle Moments

We all love Bionicle, but even die hard dorks (like myself) have to admit that there are a few moments in Bionicle which are, for lack of a better word, not well thought out.Here are my top ten of those moments (these are opinion based, the intention of this topic is to make your own version of this list).

• [*]
The Final Battle between Makuta and Mata Nui in 2010[*]The Cartoon noises in The Legend Reborn[*]The Dialogue in the second Half of 2008[*]The HUGE Star Wars reference in Web of Shadows[*]The character design of The Legend Reborn[*]Metus transformed into a Snake in The Legend Reborn[*]Kiina and Gresh in The Legend Reborn[*]The Animation in the Miramax movies[*]“That is the way of the Bionicle” ending[*]Bohrok Kal, AKA Super Bohrok, in the first half of 2003

I will add in the reasons why later on.What do you think are the Top Ten Dumbest Bionicle Moments for you?

The Raidmaster

Dumbest moments?Krekka.Why yes I did. ;) No, but yeah. In all seriousness, I'd have to say that bit in the comics where Makuta Teridax's mask formed in the stars and started talking. No matter how you look at it, that was just ridiculous.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Uh, you know only two of those listed on your list count as moments right? :P The rest are more like aspects. And 7 of them have to do with the movies, not much of a surprise.In any case, I don't really find any moments dumb, except maybe the Piraka being turned into snakes. They deserved more screen time...

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Ten dumbest moments. I guess I could give this a try.

• [*]Krika dying pointlessly[*]Zaktan also dying pointlessly[*]Come to think of it, all the Makuta died pointlessly. Except for Teridax.[*]Mata-Nui defeating Tume in three seconds[*]The rushedness of 2010 that couldn`t be stopped[*]2005[*]Botar dying pointlessly[*]Antroz getting the Jetrax T6 instead of Kopaka[*]2006 not receiving a movie[*]Takanuva, Gali and Krika not teaming together in 2008

-ibrow

Kiina in legen reborn. Hands down the most annoying character EVER in bionicle. I don't recall the dialouge in the second half of '08 being bad. In fact some of my favirote book were from that time period. I agree with iBrow krika had SO much wasted potentiol. A makuta with a conscience and regret was ingenious.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

1. Bionicle ending2. Zaktan's death3. No 2006 movie4. Phantuka's deaths5. Piraka being merged into one being6. Toa Mahri not turning back into Toa Inika7. Tahu becoming Mata again8. "That's what friends do"9. The story not being ended in the serials (no offense Greg)10. Halhi becoming a Toa istead of Macku.

1. 2010 getting rushed.2. Not enough Miserix3. Where exactly did the magic flying motorcycles with blasters go after 2008?4. Botar's new incredibly similar clone.5. Nidhiki's automatic: 'Screw this, I'm gonna betray the Toa because Lariska looks hot!' moment in Birth of a Dark Hunter6. The death of Spirah.7. Lack of magic motorcycles in 2009.8. Mata Nui turning out to be too honourable. Not really similar to the Mata Nui who knew that the Metru were destined to be Toa, and knew that Terry would try to defy him, so just 'switched the stars around', leading to Lhikan believing that the Matoran of 04 were destined to be Toa, leading to Terry trying to defy Mata Nui by placing the names of the Metru in Lhikan's brain, the names of which were placed in Terry's brain by Mata Nui. Seriously, why we no see anymore of Mata Nui manipulations?9. The Karzahni plant's second death was a bit rushed and not that dramatic.10. Where is the Keetongu?

The three blunders I can thnk of:1. Mata Nui going from barely walking to killing an amazingly experienced, manipulative warrior in forty-eight in-story hours during The Legend Reborn. I wish I could learn the intricacies of sword-fighting in forty-eight hours...2. Not hiring Nathan Furst for The Legend Reborn.3. Kiina in The Legend Reborn. She seemed cool in the book Raid of Vulcanus. In the movie, though, she overreacted a lot.Believe it or not, I think Bionicle was ended well.

1. Bionicle ending.2. Not getting to see the awesome fifth movie that was planned.3. "Coz that's whut friends doo."4. Carapar.5. "FOOOR UNITYYYY!!!" in TLR. It's so odd that the others just yelled whatever Mata Nui yelled instead of going, "... Huh? What is this?"6. The Crossing not being released in English7. Berix in TLR. He's meant to be a full-grown man-Agori. Instead, due to that movie, he's some sort of little kid toddling around and getting into trouble. A Spongebob-esque voice range didn't help the image at all.8. Vakama before he was a Turaga. He was so whiney.9. Sidorak. Dude seemed more funny than anything. Like the Brotherhood kept him on for comic relief.10. Teridax appearing with a large head and tiny Turaga body in LoMN. It was so weird-looking, yet funny.11. Click not getting his own spinoff sitcom I mean what's up with that

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

The three blunders I can thnk of:1. Mata Nui going from barely walking to killing an amazingly experienced, manipulative warrior in forty-eight in-story hours during The Legend Reborn. I wish I could learn the intricacies of sword-fighting in forty-eight hours...2. Not hiring Nathan Furst for The Legend Reborn.3. Kiina in The Legend Reborn. She seemed cool in the book Raid of Vulcanus. In the movie, though, she overreacted a lot.Believe it or not, I think Bionicle was ended well.

I don't think Mata Nui killed Strackk, did he?

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

My top will always be hearing Lewa's voice in Mask of Light. I'm not totally against the idea of treespeak; it's kind of a neat idea, but in my mind, Lewa was this die-hard loner, wild, Bear Grylls kind of dude.In addition, I'm going to have to say Tamaru getting pretty much ignored after MNOLG. He was my absolute favorite Matoran, and it broke my little heart to see him not get any recognition later on. But then again, they probably would've done something I wouldn't have liked with him somewhere along the line, so maybe it's best that he's preserved in my memories.Those would be mine. I just have very specific feelings about the Le-Koran people.

I don't think Mata Nui killed Strackk, did he?
He´s referring to Tuma.Anyway, these would be, in no particular order:
  • [*]"Because he is NOT alone!"[*]"This is the way of the BIONICLE." Sounds much worse in German actually, where it´s "This is the message of BIONICLE".[*]"WOOHOO!"[*]"Sorry to disappoint you, Malum. But I am a Glatorian. And Glatorian don´t run. [They put their shields on fire.]" Seriously, I never understood the point of that.[*]The entire dialogue between Lewa, Pohatu and Antroz in the end of Endgame was totally ridiculous.[*]Matoran Kaita felt really unnecessary.[*]Tahu should have stayed a Toa Nuva and the Toa Nuva team shouldn´t have been disbanded. :([*]The concept of alternate dimensions has been overused.

~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Has this forum just become a breeding ground for negative topics? Honestly. :P There should totally be a top ten list of best moments to balance the negativity out.

In response to your comment, I don't really see this as a negative topic. If you saw this as a negative topic, then you would say that "The Top Ten Dumbest Moments in Batman and Robin made by a Die Hard Batman Fan" would be a negative topic. We're just critiquing the thing we all love.
The Raidmaster

1. "Because that's what friends do." Yeah, not the greatest Bionicle quote ever.2. The Visorak being brought back after becoming extinct. It made the 'Visorak being wiped out' part of the Dwellers in Darkness serial a little pointless.3. All the Karda Nui Makuta dying in 08. I can understand some of them being killed off, but all of them? Some of them, like Krika and Mutran, could've had interesting future storylines.4. Tahu being turned back into a Mata. Even though he is now the strongest Toa in existence, I would've still liked them to have stayed a Nuva.5. The second half of the Brothers In Arms serial. Even though I liked Light Teridax being introduced into the story, the serial never really gave us a 'conclusion' to Mazeka and Vultraz's story. It just showed the latter being taken away to be studied. It would've been better if they had had battled each other with their vehicles instead of Vezon sending them to another dimension.6. Too many alternate dimensions. I liked the idea of alternate dimensions in the storyline when it was first introduced. (I particularly like the Dark Mirror serial.) But I feel like the concept was used too much as the story went on. It kind of felt overused, IMO.These are the only moments that I think are kind of unsmart in the Bionicle storyline.

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

To my credit, I can't think of ten. :) Actually, that might be a discredit...1. Web of the Visorak - Will you six stop fighting and actually realize you are up against a real threat?2. Island of Doom - Same dif. Will you six stop marching into battle without knowing what you're up against, especially when you were told the story of Web of the Visorak?3. Mata Nui claiming that he was nothing and the Matoran were everything when he ended up saving the Matoran. (although I'm starting to get that scene a little better now)There were a lot of dumb movie quotes, but they didn't exactly evidence lack of intelligence in the characters as much as Lego's target audience, so I'll let it slide.

I think 2009 an 2010 did have some cheap moments. The only thing I liked about TLR's music was the one when they enter Tesara. Overall, I just think BIONICLE was going downhill there. (Just with TLR in 2009. The comic were good.) I'd like to get the novel of TLR to see if it was as bad.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

- Tahu being "devolved" to a Mata seemed out of place, even if he interestingly enough now has Rahkshi powers. I just wish they had pushed that on someone else, like Takanuva or some other "lone" Toa.- Alternate Universes in general. Dark Mirror was good, but every other dimension was just ehhhh, especially since it basically says "whatever you do, something else happened somewhere else." In one short story I read, such a revelation made people stop caring about anything they did.- Visorak arc in general. Mutation, whiny Vakama, dull landscape (dusty green everywhere...), movie changed Sidorak for the worse. Keetongu seemed like a really shoved-in plot point.- Toa Kaita, even though I see the point about unity. I never liked characters merging into other characters in any media. It just raises too many questions about the new personality and such. Otherwise 2001 was very good.- Bohrok-Kal, though mostly due to being obviously rehashed, pointless sets. Their story roles were nice.- The Piraka being turned into useless sea snakes.- Most of what happened on Bara Magna, if only because it felt like a "reboot" of the series, almost, after leaving the setting of the Matoran Universe. Once they landed it felt better, almost 2001 island-like.- Inika/Mahri being brainwashed; Golden Being and Annona in general. Seemed so out of place, sort of, even if illusions and mind powers have always been a part of BIONICLE lore.- Krekka being a stereotypical "dumb brute".- Kestora in the Red Star. Something etheral like it being a ("living") Toa Star creator or something would have been better, IMHO.- The vehicles in the Codrex.

• [*]WAHOO![*]Terry getting mooned. I mean, really? Three teams of Toa thought they beat him, but he pulls through somehow. And how is he killed? A moon hits him in the head.[*]Tahu turning Mata again. Akamai Nuva hadn't appeared yet, why eliminate the possibility entirely?[*]Gorast dying. She should have listened to Krika.[*]Ignika vs. Icarax. Turning Icarax back into organics was a stupid idea.[*]Bara Magna. Important to Mata Nui's character development, but it deviated too much.[*]The Ignika disintegrating. It added suspense, but how the karz was it perfectly fine and magically healed for 2008-20
09[*]Annona. She made no sense whatsoever.[*]Mata Nui retreating into the Ignika. They could have at least let Mata Nui's persona remain dominant and have the Matoran build a shrine and so on.[*]Why did the Toa Stones suddenly get Toa-shaped when Takua gathered them in that 2001 game?

aouROFb.png

I wouldn't say things were dumb, but there was a certain... somewhat forced feeling in them, I want to say?-Tahu's devolution.-Zaktan's death (though admittedly, I really liked him).-Really, the Piraka mutation as a whole.-Most of the official post-sets story. I dunno, I really wanted to be excited about the story, but then you have so much introduced (the fusion being, the red orb being, the Red Star inhabitants, Marendar, an ancient entity killer, Artakha out of nowhere, a Great Being in disguise) that all of the still-open plot ends from years prior are just sitting there while the focus has shifted to all of this new stuff that just showed up. Characters like Orde and those other Toa have no prior establishment, and it feels odd to have them show up out of nowhere when there are plenty of others that have had the most minor of roles and could do the same.-Yeah.-The post-set story as a whole totally qualifies as a "moment."

Edited by Sir Soundwave

plop

In no particular order (Besides the order I thought of them).1. Foot door. 2. Mata Nui in 2009. I hate every part of him and his presence. He didn't even consider the Skrall could be the good guys, he was just like "Eeyup, off we go". What if he was found by Stronius or something, I wonder.3. Teridax's fate. Come on, he's the big bad who's tortured every character we've known and loved for the ten years of the story and he was defeated by getting smacked in the face with a rock? He deserved so much worse. He deserved to have to watch everything he's worked for fall around him and be forced to live, powerless and angry in the wastelands of Spherus Magna, not a quick and easy goodbye.4. Every serial after the 2010 story. It's all just lost it and the fact it never gets updated just adds salt to the wound.5. The Legend Reborn. Just The Legend Reborn.6. Vakama's betrayal in 2005.7. Alternate Universes EVERYWHERE!8. The golden dream fella. You killed the Piraka for that? 9. Vezon becoming massively overused and getting the Olmak powers.10. And finally, Bionicle ending. It would have been forgiveable if Lego had let it run its course and given us those films. But nope, it just got SO darn rushed.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Dumbest moments?Krekka.Why yes I did. ;) No, but yeah. In all seriousness, I'd have to say that bit in the comics where Makuta Teridax's mask formed in the stars and started talking. No matter how you look at it, that was just ridiculous.

I don't the the mask was talking, I think it was just Teridax's voice on the wind.I don't have a top 10, but I hated that Lhikan died.I also agree with multiple people that 2006 should have had a movie. Edited by Toa_Zorak

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

In no particular order (Besides the order I thought of them).1. Foot door.2. Mata Nui in 2009. I hate every part of him and his presence. He didn't even consider the Skrall could be the good guys, he was just like "Eeyup, off we go". What if he was found by Stronius or something, I wonder.3. Teridax's fate. Come on, he's the big bad who's tortured every character we've known and loved for the ten years of the story and he was defeated by getting smacked in the face with a rock? He deserved so much worse. He deserved to have to watch everything he's worked for fall around him and be forced to live, powerless and angry in the wastelands of Spherus Magna, not a quick and easy goodbye.4. Every serial after the 2010 story. It's all just lost it and the fact it never gets updated just adds salt to the wound.5. The Legend Reborn. Just The Legend Reborn.6. Vakama's betrayal in 2005.7. Alternate Universes EVERYWHERE!8. The golden dream fella. You killed the Piraka for that?9. Vezon becoming massively overused and getting the Olmak powers.10. And finally, Bionicle ending. It would have been forgiveable if Lego had let it run its course and given us those films. But nope, it just got SO darn rushed.

Yep,they originally would do a 5-th movie about the Glatorian legends,and some new friends,traveling to Bota-Magna.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

In no particular order:1. Death of Teridax (comic version, not MN Saga version)2. Takanuva getting rid of his Midak Skyblaster and Power Lance3. Krika getting killed4. Cartoony feel of TLR5. BIONICLE coming to an end6. Mata Nui going from barely able to walk to great warrior in record timeCan't think of any more.

wearewaiting.gif

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

The power is in me. The sword is but the focus.

In no particular order:1. Karda-Nui Makuta dying pointlessly.2."Because that's what friends do".3.BIONICLE's ending.4.BIONICLE 5 not being made-i'd like to see bio-mechanical dinosaurs!5.Krika had so much potential-and he only got 2 small scenes in the "Swamp of secrets" book!6.Bohrok-Kal.7.BIONICLE having to have so many references to 2001-2003-making it very hard for a newer fan to get into BIONICLE.8.Kiina's voice in "The legend reborn".9.Tahu turning into a Toa Mata again.10. Hahlii and Nuparu turning into Toa and not Macku and Onepu.11. The good-guy/Bad-guy promotions.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Annona. She made no sense whatsoever.

Er, Annona's a guy. That and Zaria also being a guy are probably in my top 10 dumbest moments.Most of my complaints are with the movies, particularly TLR. That had a lot of really corny lines.Teridax's end bordered on dumb (I mean, getting hit in the back of the head with a moon? Really?)The "Team up for more power" stuff in 2008 definitely deserves to be on the list. Edited by alpha123

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Annona. She made no sense whatsoever.

Er, Annona's a guy. That and Zaria also being a guy are probably in my top 10 dumbest moments.Most of my complaints are with the movies, particularly TLR. That had a lot of really corny lines.Teridax's end bordered on dumb (I mean, getting hit in the back of the head with a moon? Really?)The "Team up for more power" stuff in 2008 definitely deserves to be on the list.
Greg said he considers Annona to be female.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Yep,they originally would do a 5-th movie about the Glatorian legends,and some new friends,traveling to Bota-Magna.

Yup, I read Greg's treatment of the plot. It would have been so good as well. ...Well, assuming Tinseltoon didn't ruin it.

That wasn't too awful. Besides, it helped Vakama ascend to the Throne of Awesome. It was what began his more positive personality shift. Lhikan's death started the negative personality shift.

Barely. I saw Lhikan's death as him realising who he is and accepting himself as Lhikan's protege and replacement. It was what gave him the confidence to be who he was in later years. 2005 then made Vakama OVERconfident and gave him anger problems, which weren't even seen in LoMN. It just seemed out of character, and he didn't learn anything he didn't know before from it. I agree with Greg that the traitor should have been someone else, like Matau as he suggested.

LzcD9OS.png

Yep,they originally would do a 5-th movie about the Glatorian legends,and some new friends,traveling to Bota-Magna.

Yup, I read Greg's treatment of the plot. It would have been so good as well. ...Well, assuming Tinseltoon didn't ruin it.

That wasn't too awful. Besides, it helped Vakama ascend to the Throne of Awesome. It was what began his more positive personality shift. Lhikan's death started the negative personality shift.

Barely. I saw Lhikan's death as him realising who he is and accepting himself as Lhikan's protege and replacement. It was what gave him the confidence to be who he was in later years. 2005 then made Vakama OVERconfident and gave him anger problems, which weren't even seen in LoMN. It just seemed out of character, and he didn't learn anything he didn't know before from it. I agree with Greg that the traitor should have been someone else, like Matau as he suggested.
Well, I think it was important that the leader of the Toa Metru went evil. I mean, the point was that the Hordika were left with no decisive leadership beyond Norik and the Rahaga.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Well, I think it was important that the leader of the Toa Metru went evil. I mean, the point was that the Hordika were left with no decisive leadership beyond Norik and the Rahaga.

Well, that makes sense, but the thing is, I myself didn't see any difference in the way the Hordika acted with or without a leader. They would have done the exact same had Vakama been there and, say, Whenua taken his place. Norik was the one who knew the most in the first place so naturally they would all fall to him.

LzcD9OS.png

We all love Bionicle, but even die hard dorks (like myself) have to admit that there are a few moments in Bionicle which are, for lack of a better word, not well thought out.Here are my top ten of those moments (these are opinion based, the intention of this topic is to make your own version of this list).

• [*]
The Final Battle between Makuta and Mata Nui in 2010[*]The Cartoon noises in The Legend Reborn[*]The Dialogue in the second Half of 2008[*]The HUGE Star Wars reference in Web of Shadows[*]The character design of The Legend Reborn[*]Metus transformed into a Snake in The Legend Reborn[*]Kiina and Gresh in The Legend Reborn[*]The Animation in the Miramax movies[*]“That is the way of the Bionicle” ending[*]Bohrok Kal, AKA Super Bohrok, in the first half of 2003

I will add in the reasons why later on.What do you think are the Top Ten Dumbest Bionicle Moments for you?

Honestly, I fully agree with these. The animation and voice planning in the movies was terrible. But I do happen to disagree with the Bohrok Kal point, I always thought the Kal were a good addition.......And yes, the 2010 ending was anti-climatic. Period.

Greg said he considers Annona to be female.

Really? Oh. I thought I read somewhere that it was a he...

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

In no particular order:1. Karda-Nui Makuta dying pointlessly.2."Because that's what friends do".3.BIONICLE's ending.4.BIONICLE 5 not being made-i'd like to see bio-mechanical dinosaurs!5.Krika had so much potential-and he only got 2 small scenes in the "Swamp of secrets" book!6.Bohrok-Kal.7.BIONICLE having to have so many references to 2001-2003-making it very hard for a newer fan to get into BIONICLE.8.Kiina's voice in "The legend reborn".9.Tahu turning into a Toa Mata again.10. Hahlii and Nuparu turning into Toa and not Macku and Onepu.11. The good-guy/Bad-guy promotions.-CDP

I agree with most of these points, but not numbers 1 and 11. I never minded the good guy and bad guy promotions, as they didn't have any impact on mainstream BIONICLE, and some of them were rather interesting Doomtoran builds. As for the deaths of the Karda Nui Makuta, I always hated the idea of Makuta being a species (that's on my Top 10), but that wasn't my main reason for accepting their deaths. It was a powerful moment that illustrated the magnitude of the event and the evil of the Makuta (the true Makuta, that is). It was also a resonantly fitting demise for Gorast. Finally, their deaths made for a very interesting scene in which they all reacted individually to the crisis. Personally, the deaths of the Karda Nui Makuta are in my Top 10 Best BIONICLE Moments.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison