Has anyone attempted the Kanohi Dragon build?

Max_Nui

I am working on an animation project right now, and I need to build the canon Kanohi Dragon model.

I was unable to find instructions online, so I was wondering if any of you had attempted the model. If so, what difficulties did you have/do you have photos of the build from other angles? I have had little luck finding images of the model from any side except for the official image, so any assistance would be beneficial.

Thank you!

• Like 1

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

19 minutes ago, JAG18 said:

I've never attempted to build it (despite having Axonn and Brutaka), but have you checked BZPower's (fifteen year old) review of the set?  It has a few pictures from alternate angles that might be useful. 

That is the Kardas Dragon which is an actual set with instructions.

they are referring to the Kanohi dragon which was a canonized fan made MOC that is here https://bionicle.fandom.com/wiki/Kanohi_Dragon

Ive attempted it, but no good angles exist, so I wound up doin as much as I could but filling in obscure parts that I know are false.

Kanohi Dragon - BIONICLEsector01

They say no man can reverse engine this beast.

No really though... good luck with that period. Its such a massive jumble of parts with such a low res single image. If you can pull it off, kudos. Maybe someday we will get lucky and the original creator will surface and post more photos of the model, like what happened with Makuta Miserex recently. 

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Sometimes I look at that beast and wonder if anyone actually built it... for all we know, he could have just built the head and feet and plopped them onto a dragon-shaped pile of parts.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

21 hours ago, jchavoya said:

That is the Kardas Dragon which is an actual set with instructions.

they are referring to the Kanohi dragon which was a canonized fan made MOC that is here https://bionicle.fandom.com/wiki/Kanohi_Dragon

Ive attempted it, but no good angles exist, so I wound up doin as much as I could but filling in obscure parts that I know are false.

Whoops, my bad. 

That being said, while looking this up; I discovered that the link to the Kardas dragon instructions on BS01 is dead.  Anyone know who to tell to get that fixed? 

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

On 3/1/2021 at 11:05 PM, Master Inika said:

Sometimes I look at that beast and wonder if anyone actually built it... for all we know, he could have just built the head and feet and plopped them onto a dragon-shaped pile of parts.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised either. Lol.

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

• 10 months later...

Any updates to this? I am currently trying to build it, but I would love to see if anyone else has tried or found any new information. So far I have the front and back legs, tail, and head done. Not quite sure how to do the body, but have heard it is in three pieces (1. head, neck, and front legs 2. mid body 3. back legs, tail). That's all I've got so far, so any help would be appreciated! 

20211211_180436.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 7:33 PM, Matt Lipinski said:

Any updates to this? I am currently trying to build it, but I would love to see if anyone else has tried or found any new information. So far I have the front and back legs, tail, and head done. Not quite sure how to do the body, but have heard it is in three pieces (1. head, neck, and front legs 2. mid body 3. back legs, tail). That's all I've got so far, so any help would be appreciated! 

20211211_180436.jpg

Looking at a picture like that really puts it into perspective. It's still pretty big, just not as gargantuanly huge as it seems to a child.

I always liked to think as a kid that the Dragon was a robot being piloted by a Nuhvok Va, and the eyes and Nuhvok shield are its real head sticking out of the false head.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...