Happy 5th anniversary, The Journey to One! :)

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. On March 4, 2016, it was where The Journey to One, a Netflix show, was released. It was going good on the beginning and the graphics are an amazing way to describing the characters because they should be accurate to their sets (it’s like The Legend Reborn and Hero Factory, but more accurate to the sets), but it had a few bad things, like it is a Netflix show (I hate when it ate up my money), the 3-D animation looking 2-D, it used actors that we don’t know, it had only 4 22-minute episodes, the story felt rushed, the ending was terrible, and there were some animation errors. Pitiful. It also marks the end of Bionicle G2 because it got brutally cancelled for some reason, along with the show. :( 

Well, anyway, happy 5th anniversary to The Journey to One! What’s your greatest memories about it? For me, I love Umarak, Ekimu, Elemental Creatures, and the Toa. The ECs are quite cute. :)

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

One thing I really liked (just from G2 in general I guess) was Umurak the Hunter. I felt like his design was really well done, & he made a great titan set

• Upvote 1

:exclamation:currently searching for ANY Gray Plastic Krana Kal (GPKK):exclamation: If you were a member of Proto-squad, or know someone who was, please feel free to get in contact with me

32 minutes ago, Humble_Matoran said:

One thing I really liked (just from G2 in general I guess) was Umurak the Hunter. I felt like his design was really well done, & he made a great titan set

I agree. Umarak is basically one of my favorite G2 characters. He quite looks like a mighty titan. :) His forelegs could use some work, though, and his Destroyer arms are a bit stiff in terms of joints. The Destroyer being a hunchback on the neck is a bit stiff in my opinion. I mean, he can’t look up. 

In terms of character, I like him. He is not like a video game boss who you had to defeat once in a story, like the Skull Creatures, in terms of story. He is an individual with his own gains. However, Makuta forced him to be his obedient servant. I pity Umarak for getting sacrificed for the opening of a portal by Makuta. Makuta is a lousy friend to all. :(

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 2:11 PM, Lenny7092 said:

He is an individual with his own gains. However, Makuta forced him to be his obedient servant

This is what I really appreciated about him. We got a glimpse, small as it was, into just the normal life of the Bionicle realm in a new setting. Very cool.

And I agree, the Destroyer model was a bit weird and seemed a little crazy for a set...but honestly I loved that. In the story, he was supposed to have gone way out of control (pun intended), and I feel like that feeling was manifested very well in the set itself, even if it meant weird gap construction and a kind of disgusting look. Flawed as it was, I felt like it fit the character very well. I may be in a small camp for that opinion but I am always a glass half full kind of guy lol

:exclamation:currently searching for ANY Gray Plastic Krana Kal (GPKK):exclamation: If you were a member of Proto-squad, or know someone who was, please feel free to get in contact with me

• 2 weeks later...

Five years already? Well were did the time go. I may not of loved JTO but it was nice to see Bionicle get a chance on Netflix even if it was not well executed. Gen 2 as a whole could of been so much more but I am really glad it happened and am glad I got all the sets when they came out.

Also Pohatu I felt actually had a very good and enjoyable characted in JTO. Totally the best part.

-Onvermel-

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Captain's report, April 2nd, 2021. Five years. Five long years. That's how long it took us to get Bionicle back... Setback after setback, loss after loss, into another five years of Karazani...

Okay obtuse Halo references aside, I look at it more of a "wow it really has been five years" type thing. :P Where has the time gone?

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!