A Detailed Look at LEGO VIDIYO

Today the latest installment of the Bits N' Bricks podcast dropped and instead of looking at a LEGO videogame they're looking at the latest LEGO video-app: VIDIYO. Our favorite hosts, journalist Brian Crecente and documentarian Ethan Vincent, talk to Julia Goldin and Will Thorogood from The LEGO Group about the goal of the experience and the inspiration and creative process that led to it existing in the first place. Head over to your preferred podcast platform or YouTube to listen to Episode 14 - LEGO VIDIYO: A Conversation and become more educated on the this new endeavor. Hopefully next week they get back to the actual videogame talk!

View the full article

I'm not much of a music person, so although I have little interest in LEGO VIDIYO, I still found it interesting to hear this insight about how it was developed. Even so, hearing so much about these most recently released Lego themes and additional content has honestly left me believing that my familiarity with anything Lego has fallen quite a few years behind the current trends, and I'm left struggling to determine if I should even bother trying to keep up with everything. Okay, so I don't much else to talk about on-topic, so I'll just stop right here.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

3 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

I'm not much of a music person, so although I have little interest in LEGO VIDIYO, I still found it interesting to hear this insight about how it was developed. Even so, hearing so much about these most recently released Lego themes and additional content has honestly left me believing that my familiarity with anything Lego has fallen quite a few years behind the current trends, and I'm left struggling to determine if I should even bother trying to keep up with everything. Okay, so I don't much else to talk about on-topic, so I'll just stop right here.

I know what you mean. I think Nexo Knights when I first realized I was just an adult lagging ever behind what Lego was doing.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

And this week's episode was another of these "conversation" shorter episodes (this week, focusing on the Lego theme based on the game Overwatch). Again, my lack of familiarity with the subject meant that I found not much interest in this episode.

I've been wondering recently how many more episodes there are left to go, and since I remember seeing a list back when it started, I decided to check back and it seems there were only ten episodes planned, and we're currently past fifteen episodes with two of the scheduled ten yet to be released. Depending on how many more additional episodes there will be, I guess this podcast will finally conclude by sometime next month.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

10 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

I've been wondering recently how many more episodes there are left to go, and since I remember seeing a list back when it started, I decided to check back and it seems there were only ten episodes planned, and we're currently past fifteen episodes with two of the scheduled ten yet to be released. Depending on how many more additional episodes there will be, I guess this podcast will finally conclude by sometime next month.

That's a good point! I'll dig in through the LAN and see if I can dig up any insight. Some things, like Sonic and VIDYO, clearly weren't planned initially and have been added as they went along. Maybe it's proving popular enough to become more of a continuing podcast.